So Called Bad Day by nirkku
Summary: This is the story of my so called bad day.

Response to a challange So You Had a Bad Day...
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick, Other
Genres: Dramedy, Humor, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 3643 Read: 919 Published: 07/25/08 Updated: 07/25/08
Story Notes:
First time I response to a challenge, hope you guys like my story! (:

1. Chapter 1 - The Challenge by nirkku

Chapter 1 - The Challenge by nirkku
As I opened the front door of my house I was finally relieved to be there. The day had been awful and all I wanted to do was go to the bathroom and take a warm and relaxing bath in the tub. But as I was supposed to find out, it wasn’t going to be that easy. I kicked my shoes off and dropped my dirty jacket to the floor while walking to the kitchen. I was thinking that a class of wine would be just the thing I needed. But when I arrived to the kitchen I was happily surprised to see my boyfriend there - cooking.

“Nick! What are you doing here? I thought that you would be in Nashville recording your album!” I said while I hopped into his arms. I was so happy to see him, specially after the day I’ve had.

“Hey baby. How was your day?” He asked and gave me a kiss on the forehead before returning to the cooker and to the food he was making. I sighed heavily and sat down in front of the kitchen table. Next thing I knew was the tears falling down by my cheeks and Nick gently lifting my head up and wiping the tears off.

“Baby girl, why are you crying? I hate when you’re crying…” He said and took me into a deep hug. I felt his hands on my back and I put my hands around his neck and pulled him close to me.

“Please Nick, just hold me tight… I had the worst day of my life.” I said between snobs.

“Oh baby you did? Wanna tell me about it?” He asked and lift me up. He took me to the living room and sat me down there. “Talking about it will help… And after you have shared you feelings with me, we will go to the bathroom and you’re going to take a long and warm bath. And I don’t want to hear any excuses..!” He put his finger into my lips when I tried to explain him that I really didn’t want to talk about it. I just wanted him to be close to me, kiss and hold me tight.

“Allright then.” I said and took a deep breathe before starting to fill him in what had happened earlier that day.

***

I turned my side and groaned out load when I realized what time it was. I’ve must accidentally hit the snooze button on my clock because I was running late badly and didn’t have any time to take a shower. So I just put my clothes on and ran to the kitchen to make some coffee. Unluckily I was ran out of the milk so I decided to drink my coffee black - bad as hell but I couldn’t start my day without it. Just when I was pouring the coffee in to the coffee mug it all fall down to my white dress trousers. ‘Shit!’ I said and ran to the bathroom to try and clean it. But all I made of it was bigger mess. I cursed out load and went to change into my old jeans - only clothe that I found. I just hoped that my boss wouldn’t mind me wearing the jeans. I was working a part time assistant in one of the biggest magazines in Los Angeles and my boss was really - I mean really - accurate of what her workers were wearing. Weird, I know, but that’s who she was and that’s what we all were used to. I was there replacing one of the full-term workers who was on maternity break and was supposed to come back next month. I really enjoyed my job but sometimes it was too crazy - and this day hadn’t been exception. But let’s not go there yet, first I wanna tell you what happened on my way there. After changing my clothes and drank that coffee I was finally ready to leave. I took the car keys and started the engine - or at least I tried to do it. It took me awhile but finally it started making a weird noise which I totally became aware of but didn’t have time to check it, I prayed that it would last at least for the day. Finally I was able to start my journey in the morning rush hour, I hated driving through rush-hours and this morning was the worst. Not only I was already running late from work but I also had to stand up some of the craziest drivers ever! I tried to stay calm but it was getting harder and harder when time passed by, thankfully I arrived to the right place just when I was about to blow out. I parked my car and took a deep breathe before stepping out, walked to the elevator and…

***

I stopped telling my story when I heard a fire alarm going on in the kitchen.

“Oh shit” Nick said and ran there. I followed him and saw that the oven was in fire.

“Grab! Now your food is all burn up…” Nick pouted after shutting down the fire. I looked at the black stuff he was holding in his hands.

“It’s okay… I wasn’t even that hungry.” I said but apparently my stomach wasn’t agreeing with me because it started to murmur.

“Aaww, hon… I’ll order us pizza or something.. You’re okay with that?” He asked and I just nodded and went back to the living room. I heard him calling to pizza restaurant and ordering us two pepperoni pizzas with double cheese filling. I smiled when he came back and took my hand into his.

“I’m sorry about the food, I really wanted to surprise you with making dinner by myself. But apparently it didn’t work out as planned… You know me, I can’t cook!” He chuckled and I just smiled to him - he was right, he didn’t know how to make dinner. “Now, tell me more about you day…”. And I continued from where I had left…

***

As I walked out the elevator I could already sense that my day on work would be like hell and I when I saw my boss, I knew my feeling had been right. She gave me really hard time on being late for five minutes and also let me know that she didn’t like the outfit I was wearing. I just listened and agreed on everything she said before she let me go. I was supposed to be taking care of the folding in that day but all I got to do was make sure that there was enough coffee in the coffee room. And if the taste of coffee wasn’t sensible to someone I had to start all over again. Guess what happened when pouring the coffee to one of my co-workers? You’re right, I did spell it on me - again. I ran to the bathroom to clean it up and to calm down a little before returning to the coffee room where my boss were waiting for me. She scolded me down and basically told me that I was the worst worker she had ever had and that she was happy to have her real assistant back. She kept insulting me with terrible words and I just couldn’t took it anymore so I walked away from her - not the smartest thing to do but I still did it. I went to my desk, crapped all my stuff and walked to the elevator - everyone was watching me in amaze and when the elevator finally came up they were all clapping their hands. But they stopped it as fast as they had started it. In the elevator was our editor-in-chief and he didn’t look so happy. He ordered me into his office and I followed him with a knot in my stomach - this wasn’t going to be ending well. And it surely didn’t! He told me that I would have to apologize for my boss before I would left the building. And that I wouldn’t be coming back there for a little while - asking for recommendations would be frivolity. I listened him biting my lower lip so that I wouldn’t say something that I would later regret. After he had gave me the accost I left his room and looked for my boss, I said I was sorry and thanked her for nothing before I left the building. I put my stuff in my car and decided to do a little shopping - I wanted to find some sexy lingerie to surprise Nick when he would come back home. I knew how much he liked me to dress up in different outfits and how much he liked to rip them off of me. So I decided to go one of the shops in Macys. After looking some clothes I found what I wanted and went to the checkout counter and waited for salesclerk to do her job. After a while she came back and looked really confused and told me that my credit card wasn’t working right and asked me for another card. I looked at her in disbelief and gave her a another card…

***

A Phone ringing interrupted me and I moaned out loud when Nick took his cell out of his back pocket and answered it. I gave him a angry look and he must’ve noticed how pissed off I was feeling because he tried to end the call.

“Listen up, man…I gotta go, Abby is having a really bad day and I wanted to help her to relax a little bit… NO! What are you talking about..? Hey, I know how to take care of my woman… Outside the bedroom too! Listen, I really should been going now… No, we’re not going to fuck each other right now… Okay, okay! We’re going to the bedroom so we can have the best sex for a long time, happy now?” Nick asked and ended the call. “Sorry about that… You know how guys can be. And specially AJ, always mocking me up…” He said and grinned in his own sexy way. I was able to tell that he was thinking about something. “You know what’s really going to make you relax..?” He asked from me and licked his lips.

“Nick… I’m not really in the mood right now. I just wanted to relax a little but I think around you it’s impossible!” I snapped at him and walked out of the room. I went to the back patio and I heard him following me. “Nick… Really… I just want to be able to forget the whole day and relax a little bit. Telling you how I wasn’t able to buy some sexy lingerie because there wasn’t enough credit in my card isn’t helping at all. Or how I got fired… I just want to forget all of it and…” I started to cry and I let it all come out of me. Nick took me into his lap and kissed me softly in the head. He hold me tight as I poured my tears in his shoulder.

“Shhh… It’s allright. I’m right here..” He kept saying to calm me down.

“I’m sorry… I didn’t meant to snap at you… I just felt like I… I just wanted you to be all mine…” I said as I wiped my tears away. “Sorry…” I whispered and curled myself between his arms.

“It’s okay…” He said when a cell phone started to ring again. “Sorry, I thought that I closed my phone…”

“It’s okay… I think it’s mine…” I said when I went back inside and indeed it was mine. I noticed that the caller was my mom and felt terrible when I just closed the phone without answering it.

“Who was it?” Nick asked from me while putting his hands around me.

“Mom…” I said and turned around to hug him.

“And you didn’t answer it..? You know how she hates that…”

“Yeah… I’m just so tired of hearing all the same stuff all over again. She keeps asking when we’re going to get married and if we’re going to have babies… It’s the same thing every time she calls and I hate it…”

“Wow…” Nick looked surprised. “Asking for grandchildren already?”

“Guess so… Anyways, I’ll give her a call back tomorrow.”

“Good. I know she appreciate it…” He said and quickly kissed my lips. “Now, where were we?”

“Please, just make the house quiet and let me relax for a while…” I said and collapsed to the couch. I watched how Nick took his and mine cell phones and shut them both down, he also turned off the TV and closed all of the curtains.

“Now, let me see… What else..?” He asked out loud and I chuckled, he was so cute for trying really hard and I loved him for that. He noticed how I watched him and shook his ass for me.

“Stop it!” I said and laughed. I didn’t know how he did it but he made me laugh every time I was feeling down.

“Stop what?” He asked innocently and smirked.

“You’re such a brat.” I said when he collapsed next to me.

“And I know you love it…” He said and gently kissed me. “ So what if you weren’t able to buy some sexy lingerie or got fired. You got me, baby… Always and forever.”

“Thanks… “ I said and lifted my head so I could see his eyes. “ Uhhm, remember when you told me that I could borrow your car… Well I did and…”

***

After walking out from Macys I was feeling like the whole world was against me. The salesclerk had called to the bank but it hadn’t help so I decided to leave and left the clothes there. It was an early afternoon when I had walked back to the car and I was happy that I could drive home without the rush in the highway. But when I tried to start the car it didn’t do anything, the motor just kept snuffling. I took a deep breathe and tried again. This time it started but didn’t stay on longer than three seconds. I moaned out of disappointment when I climbed out of the car and popped out the bonnet. I didn’t see anything that could explain why the engine wasn’t working right so I decided to make a call to repair shop - maybe they would be able to fix whatever was wrong. And old man answered to the phone and told me that the nearest wrecker was half hour drive away and wanted to know if I would be able to wait them there. I said yes and we agreed some of the details before ending the call.


***

“So wait… What?! My car is in the repair shop? What did you do to it?” Nick asked in disbelief and stood up. “I told you that you can burrow it only if you took good care of it… And what have you done?! My BMW? Oh gosh… Which repair shop you took it? Do they know how to do their job?”

“I took it to the place where you always took it too…” I said and watched him wandering around the living room.

“To Tommy’s place, right? God! Why didn’t he call me? He always calls me if there’s something wrong with my car… I have to call him…” Nick said, took his phone and started to dial the numbers.

“Gosh, Nick!” I said and took the phone away from him. He looked me in disbelief and believe me when I say that he looked like he wanted to beat the grab out of me. “Chill out! It’s just a car…”

“No it’s not! It’s the BMW M6 and I’ve had like three years now. And I like that car!”

“Sounds like you care about more about your car than your girlfriend… Maybe you should go and spend some with it then!” I yelled at him and pushed him out of my way.

I went to my purse and fished out the car keys and threw them towards Nick. The keys hit him in the chest and he looked me angrily before turning around. I couldn’t believe we were fighting over a car. I screamed out when the doorbell suddenly rang and flicked the front door open with flames in my eyes. It was the pizza driver who had our pizzas.

“Hmmh, you ordered two pepperoni pizzas with double cheese?” The deliver asked shyly and I just nodded. “Okay, it’s $25.9”

“Allright, here…You can keep the change.” I said and paid. “Nick! You’re food is here!” I yelled and left the pizzas in the kitchen table.

“You’re not going to eat then?” He asked from me.

“Nope. Not at least with you…”

“”What’s that supposed to mean?” He asked angrily,
“It meant that I am not eating with you. Not when you’re being childish and all…”

“What? Me being childish? Think again woman… Who’s the one who can’t even eat in the same room with me…” He said and took a bite from his pizza.

“Fine. Here, see I am eating.” I said and sat down. I took few bites from my pizza just to show him that I wasn’t the childish one. “I just can’t believe that you’re mad at me because of your car…”

“Well, it’s my only car in here… And I kind of need it to go places and stuff like that.” He snapped at me.

“I know that. But it’s just that you wouldn’t even let me finished with what happened. If you would have done that you’d know that your car is all fine and parked into the garage. Tommy and the boys worked really hard to maintain the whole car. They also taught me how to change oils… Because there wasn’t really nothing broken, the engine was just almost finished with oil… Didn’t you see my jacket? There’s oil all over it… And you know me, I can be really helpless with cars…” I chuckled.

“Oh…” He blushed. “So they did change the oils and it was there?” He asked me still little bit angry.

“Yes. And the car is fine, it’s in the garage like I said. Go and see it by yourself if you don’t believe me.”

“No. I believe you… I am sorry though, for blaming you. Just the thing you needed after having such a crappy day… So, I’m sorry about it.” He said and gave me a warm smile. A smile that always made me to forgive him.

“It’s allright. What do you say if we forget it all and just go to the bed?” I asked and took his hand into mine.

“Okay, but let’s not go to the bed first. I remember promising you a warm and relaxing bath…”

“Oooh, a man into my taste!” I said and smiled when he lift me up and carried into the bathroom where he slowly took my clothes off. “Can I have a foam bath? Pretty please?” I asked.

“Sure, everything you want baby doll. Just let me know…” He said and put some bubble product into the tub. “Happy now?” He asked from me when I sat down in tub.

“Yhhymmh. Just what I needed.” I said and closed my eyes. “What are you doing?” I asked from Nick who was now sitting next to the tub.

“I was going to wash you… Lift your leg…” He said and dipped the sponge into the water before sliding it gently over my left leg.

“Nick… You’re killing me…” I softly whispered and leaned my head back. His hands were so soft when they wondered around my body. I moaned out when he started to wash my back and neck, it felt so good just to have someone to do it to you. “Thank you…”

“You welcome baby. You’re ready to go out there yet?” He asked and smiled.

“I think I am.” I said and carefully stood up and out of the tub. He covered me with a large towel and started to try me. I smiled happily when he throw the towel away and gave one of his shirts to me to wear.

“I don’t think I need that honey…” I said and walked to the bedroom naked.

I had realize something during this day, and I was just happy to be able to sleep with my boyfriend. I was having the worst day of my life and to me it had felt like a world end. But still, there were people out there who didn’t even have a home to go and they didn’t even complain about it. I told all this to Nick after we had have amazing sex and he agreed with me. But he also let me knew that he loved me the way I are and that being a perfect wouldn’t be important thing for him. And I’ll always love him because of that. So, now you’re heard about my so called bad day. Want to tell me about your day?
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9163