Looking for beauty by sarahmarie0727
Summary: Neither Nick nor Liberty have been quite happy with their love lives recently. Both of them aren't sure who to trust these days, for different reasons. Their friends and family try to bring them together in a somewhat...unusual way.

(I'm never great at summaries, please R&R!)
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Nick
Genres: Drama, Dramedy, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1561 Read: 2329 Published: 11/19/08 Updated: 11/20/08
Story Notes:
I'M BACK!

Woohoo! So I've had a LOT of heart work done the past year or so - but I'm finally on the road to recovery!! Here's my newest addition to my fan fiction family. I hope you all enjoy. There are a few stories I might like to go back and "work out" or "revamp" a little. But we'll see! Hope you enjoy!!

As a disclaimer: I don't own the Backstreet Boys or any of the lyrics I may use within the story. I do, however, own all the fictional characters.

1. e-What? by sarahmarie0727

2. Harmless Prank by sarahmarie0727

e-What? by sarahmarie0727
Author's Notes:
Their friends and family decide to get involved.
Interested in having a family one day? Yes. Interested in having or adopting children in the future? Yes. Interested in smokers? No. Well. It doesn’t necessarily matter. Kaitlin McElroy couldn’t help but grin as she clicked on “Save and Complete” at the bottom of the page. “Libby is going to kill you,” Olivia James laughed nervously behind her.

Kaitlin swiveled the chair around and faced the younger girl with a shrug. “Well, she had it coming. She complains enough about being single so maybe this will finally pay off? And it’s not like it’s sketchy. It’s a world-wide, well-known program. It’s completely safe.” She logged off the computer and stood up from her seat. “And besides, when she does find out about all this, it definitely wasn’t just me that did it.” Kaitlin shot her friend a look.

“Ohhh no,” Olivia laughed. “This was your brilliant plan. Not mine. She’ll really kill me; I’m blood related.”

Kaitlin just rolled her eyes and turned off the light. “Let’s get outta here before she gets home.” She raised her eyebrows and the two girls turned to walk away.

_____________________________________________________________________________
“Brian, what the hell are you doing?” AJ McLean popped the top to his soda and stood behind his friend on the moving tour bus. “Uh, what the hell are you doing on eHarmony?” He laughed and plopped down on the leather couch. “Leighanne not good enough for you these days?”

Brian rolled his eyes. “It’s not like that. This isn’t for me.” His annoyed look turned to one of mischievousness as he turned towards his friend. “Nick’s constantly complaining he’s never going to find a good girl to be with; well, now’s his chance!”

“So you’ve signed him up to meet girls online?!” AJ busted into laughter. “That’s just plain weird. And completely sketchy. And besides, he’s never going to agree to it. He’s going to claim all these girls are after him for his money…which they probably all will be.”

“Not true,” Brian shook his head. “Besides, I’m not listing who he is. Just everything that he likes and dislikes, and what he wants in a woman.” Brian sighed. “It might not work, but we’ll never know. It doesn’t hurt to try.”

“Yeah, that’s what you think.” AJ shook his head. “Well, I don’t want to be the one to tell him. You have fun with that.” And with that, he tipped his head and walked into the other room.

Brian sighed and hit the “Complete” button at the bottom of the page. Now it was just a matter of time.
End Notes:
It's short! But it's just a little taste of what this is going to be about. Hope you enjoy :). Please R&R!
Harmless Prank by sarahmarie0727
Author's Notes:
Libby and Nick realize what their friends have done.
Liberty James allowed the hot water to cascade down her bare back as she closed her eyes. “Thank God it’s Friday,” she mumbled to herself and ran her fingers through her tangled brown hair. She poured a little Herbal Essences shampoo into the palm of her hand and massaged it on her scalp. She had been working in the same place for almost three years now. As much as she valued her job, she felt like she needed a change in her life. Living in Los Angeles, California there was constant change – but not enough in her life, she felt.

After a few more minutes of relaxation, she shut off the water and dried off with one of her brand new plush towels. A grin tugged at the corners of her lips. It was humorous what could make her happy these days. Before, it was a trip to the Bahamas or something. But now, something as simple as a brand new fluffy towel or new shampoo or body wash could bring a smile to her face.

She wrapped her Bath and Body Works bathrobe around her and threw her hair into her towel on top of her head. She padded into her bedroom and closed the door. Her sister was probably already sleeping; it was past midnight. Libby, as all of her friends and family called her, was very close with her sister and her best friend. They had been living together for almost two years now. Olivia, 21 and a student in college, had moved in when she started going to school. Her best friend, Kaitlin, had been living with her since college.

She opened her laptop and logged onto her e-mail, then shook the towel from her head to dry her hair a little more. Five new e-mails. She yawned and opened the first one from her mother:

Libby,

Miss you, honey. Dad said you called the other day, sorry I wasn’t around. I’ve been busy with your brother’s graduation. You and Livi are coming home for that, right? Call me tomorrow. Hope your day at work wasn’t too terrible.

Love,
Mom.


Libby grinned and deleted the e-mail. Her and her mother had always been very close; best friends, really. Olivia was always “Daddy’s little Girl” when Libby was always on her mother’s side. Their brother, Ryan, was always an in-betweener.

Next e-mail.

“Eharmony?” Libby said out loud with a frown on her face. “What the…?”

She opened the e-mail:

Dear Liberty,

Welcome to eHarmony! We thank you for signing up with us today. Here is your new profile! We’ll match you with similar people in your area based on the zip code you supplied us with! …


The e-mail went on a little more. “Hm, it must be junk mail…” she frowned. A little unsure, she clicked on the eHarmony link and signed in to her so-called “profile” with the login information that was supplied. Sure enough, there was already a picture of her up as well as information she didn’t know how the website would have gotten. “Favorite food…Asian. How the hell did they know that?” She frowned and continued reading about herself. Realizing no one else except her best friend or sister knew this much about her, she marched down the hallway and banged on both girls’ doors. She didn’t care what time it was, they had some explaining to do.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Nick Carter unscrewed the top on his Evian water bottle and sat down on the bed at the hotel. It had been another successful concert, tonight in Phoenix. He opened up his laptop to check up on things. First off, e-mail. It was the only way he could really keep in touch these days with his siblings. They weren’t super close, but they were closer than they had ever been before. As much of a joke as ‘House of Carters’ had appeared to everyone else (even them, sometimes) he truly believed it helped them become closer as a family.

Twenty-five new e-mails. He chuckled. That wasn’t anything new. Mostly junk, obviously. One caught his eye, however. It was an e-mail from eHarmony. “Junk,” he muttered to himself. He clicked on it just to make sure.

“Welcome to eHarmony,” he made a face. “What the hell?” He read a little more where it offered him his username and password. He clicked on the link and inserted the information to see if this was for real. Sure enough. He read up on the information about himself:

“Favorite music: I like pretty much everything, mostly rock. Music is my outlet for everything. I play guitar and drums. I enjoy singing,” he snorted. Someone must have done this as a joke. He pulled out his cell phone and texted his brother. “This was probably something Aaron’s up to.” He sighed to himself.

He exited out of the e-mail and scanned through the other ones. Most were junk; he had an e-mail from his sister, BJ, but that was about it. He stood up from the chair and pulled his sweaty t-shirt over his head. After a long show he just wanted to shower and crash in bed. He had been on tour now for just about a year and he was sick of it.

Before he had the chance to close the door to the bathroom, his cell phone went off. “Hey Aaron, nice little practical joke there.” He answered.

“What are you talking about, man?” His younger brother replied. “I’ve never even been on eHarmony or whatever it is you called it.”

“Yeah, okay,” Nick chuckled and shook his head. He let the water warm up in the shower and walked out into the room to pull clothes out of his suitcase.

“Seriously, bro,” Aaron sounded innocent, but Nick knew better. “You should ask Brian or something. The guys are probably messing with you on this one.”

Nick frowned and shrugged. “Maybe, you were just the first that came to mind. But whatever. I guess I’ll see you in a few days? You going to the LA show?” He asked.

“Yep, I’ll be there. Angel’s going to tag along, too,” Aaron explained. The two brothers exchanged a few more words and then hung up. Maybe Aaron was right, maybe Brian had pulled the joke. Nick didn’t really care. It seemed harmless enough. And besides, it wasn’t like he had to participate in this harmless joke. So instead of caring anymore, he decided to hop in the shower and forget about it all.
End Notes:
Thanks for the review; please, if you read it just let me know what you think about it! Thanks :).
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9373