Sinister Devotion by kevmylove
Past Featured StorySummary:

 

 

~~COMPLETED~~

 

When you realize there has never been anyone important in your life. You’ve never given or had affection and you don’t know what it’s like to love or be loved. What happens when your mission of destruction, is the one that teaches you all those emotions that you’ve been missing out on? When you’ve always been the best of the best and you’ve never failed a mission. Will you choose to continue to be the best or will you choose to love?


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Howie, Kevin, Nick
Genres: Action, Alternate Universe, Romance
Warnings: Death, Graphic Sexual Content, Graphic Violence
Challenges:
Series: Jacklex Series
Chapters: 32 Completed: Yes Word count: 65809 Read: 55072 Published: 11/20/08 Updated: 04/01/09
Story Notes:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosPhotobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

1. Prologue by kevmylove

2. Chapter 1 by kevmylove

3. Chapter 2 by kevmylove

4. Chapter 3 by kevmylove

5. Chapter 4 by kevmylove

6. Chapter 5 by kevmylove

7. Chapter 6 by kevmylove

8. Chapter 7 by kevmylove

9. Chapter 8 by kevmylove

10. Chapter 9 by kevmylove

11. Chapter 10 by kevmylove

12. Chapter 11 by kevmylove

13. Chapter 12 by kevmylove

14. Chapter 13 by kevmylove

15. Chapter 14 by kevmylove

16. Chapter 15 by kevmylove

17. Chapter 16 by kevmylove

18. Chapter 17 by kevmylove

19. Chapter 18 by kevmylove

20. Chapter 19 by kevmylove

21. Chapter 20 by kevmylove

22. Chapter 21 by kevmylove

23. Chapter 22 by kevmylove

24. Chapter 23 by kevmylove

25. Chapter 24 by kevmylove

26. Chapter 25 by kevmylove

27. Chapter 26 by kevmylove

28. Chapter 27 by kevmylove

29. Chapter 28 by kevmylove

30. Chapter 29 by kevmylove

31. Chapter 30 by kevmylove

32. Chapter 31 by kevmylove

Prologue by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Another experiment, I'm hoping it works out the way I want it. Thank you Kristal for helping me brainstorm and for the title. love ya *hugs*
  

I never knew I was made for this, maybe no one knows, its just something you fall into. The man that took me in, as his son, says that as a kid, I was a bully, a loner and that I could never have any friends. The ones I did have in the neighborhood were all afraid of me, so they made sure not to piss me off. Truthfully, I don’t remember, but he also says that I broke three of my friends noses, the reason is still unknown. Not truly sure what to make of that. I guess, that means, I wasn’t a normal kid. That I liked to hurt people. Would the animosity follow me forever?

I’m a grown ass man now, and still I’m a loner and I still like to hurt people, actually…it’s not so much that I like it, it‘s my job. Someone has to do the dirty work and that’s me. I am one of the best at what I do, so I’ve been told and I take pride in that. So I strive to start and finish all tasks I am assigned to. There is never an exception. Never.

I’m not sure what my real name is since my family died in a car accident, when I was just a kid. It was a nasty accident, I remember everyone used to wonder, how I was still alive. Not sure why I didn’t die along with them that night, I would have preferred that ten thousand times more, than to live this life of loneliness and malice. Maybe I was given a second chance, but one day death, just might catch up with me. To tell you the truth, I’m getting tired of waiting.

My life is simple, yet at times, pretty complicated. I’m never in one place, always moving about, traveling from state to state. I don’t have a stable home, or anyone special in my life. I’ve never fallen in love, unless it happened and well I never really, notice. Intimacy or affection, I’m not sure what to make of those two words, they don’t mean shit to me, really. I’ve had a couple of girls swoon over me, but other than that, most of the women I’ve been with are submissive, so they don’t know what those words mean, either.

I’ve been chosen to do a special job for the boss, I don’t ask questions, and I don’t feel sorry for anyone. I only know names, location, and sometimes special instructions, which I wont get into detail about. The severity of what I do, has never really hit me. I can imagine that once I‘m done I leave a hole in someone‘s life. I never stop to think of the pain, the chaos and the unanswered questions that I leave them to ponder. I just show up, do the deed and continue with my ghostly life. I don’t even think that anyone even knows who I am. Tell you the truth, I like it that way.

Since I have an odd feeling about this job, I thought I would give you some of the details on this one. Only because I have the oddest feeling about it. I think my fate….is right on my ass and it’s going to catch up with me. His name is Kevin Richardson, I don’t know why he’s been chosen, I just know that I have to give him a visit. I have special instructions, it’s something I’ve never done before, but I was highly recommended and I shouldn’t let down those that believe in what I can do.

The special instructions are, that on my mission, I must include Mr. Richardson’s first born.

Chapter 1 by kevmylove

I love the way she purrs. Her body is so smooth, when I‘m inside her, I feel like I’m floating on air. Damn it! Of course, I didn’t park her anywhere close and if I’m not careful, someone could fucking spot me. I’m putting away my equipment; my mission here is done. Just as I’m finishing up, trying my best to get the hell up out of here before I get spotted, my phone rings. Irritation courses through my veins. Who the fuck calls me when I’m on a mission?

“Hello” I state, letting whoever is on the line know that they are calling at the wrong fucking time.

“Hey, Jack, I need you again.” Oh, damn it! It’s the boss, Don. No one talks to him like that.

“Oh sorry…what’s…up?” I’m out of breath, I’m carrying my overly grown duffle bag, with my rifle in it and striding down the stairs, in search of my baby ‘Sheeba’. I know what your thinking. What a name. Hey ‘Sheeba’ makes me think of thick, and sleek.

“It’s in Kentucky…the order is for Kevin Richardson, there is a special instruction, though. That’s why I picked you, I know you shouldn’t have any problems with the request.” I can hear him pause, he’s gotta be, shuffling through paperwork.

Don is his name, he’s my boss and the man that took me out of the burning car, where my parents died. He always told me, it was a rescue, to keep me from all those foster homes, that would end up fucking me up. I guess, being an assassin doesn’t, count as a fuck up, in his book. I don’t remember anything about that night, or much else about my life. I only have a couple of memories, of my father, but they are scarce, and they usually come to me in my dreams.

Suddenly, I realize I haven’t answered him yet, maybe that’s what he’s waiting for. “Of course, you can always count on me. I just finished L.R. Daniels…”


“That’s great. Of course, I know I can count on you Jack. So about this Richardson mission, it’s him and…” there is another pause. He’s beating around the damn bush and it’s making me anxious. My Sheeba! I spot my black, 1974 Chevy Nova, she’s all I have to my name. Well, the name that Don gave me, anyway…Jack D.

 

I stash everything in the trunk, and look around the place, always gotta make sure, I don’t have anyone on my ass. After making sure, I hop in and start up my baby. “Jack…it’s got to do with…a child. You need to find, Kevin Richardson and his first born. The child will go first, so that Richardson understands, who and what has finally caught up with him. Then, right after, it’s his turn. I’m sending you their information and pictures, as we speak.”

 

 

I don’t think about these things, it’s a job, there are no feelings involved. What a monster. I know that’s what you’re thinking. Poor people, who are left behind, in so much pain and with so many unanswered questions. Wondering who would and could do such a thing? Well, sadly they will never get the answers, and they will definitely never find, the person responsible. “Alright…I’m on it” I snap my phone shut and rev the engine, then I open the laptop watching as it comes to life and the information slowly processes into my programs.

In this line of work, discretion is most important. I was taught a couple of rules to this trade, by Don. Number one, never ask questions. You’re given enough information, to do the mission. Number two, don't let yourself be seen or get caught. If you do, your on your own. Number three, never snitch, if you do, you might as well put a bullet in your head. They will come after you and everyone, you love. Number four, never interfere with someone else’s mission. Two assassins in the same place, equals one. Number five, never develop emotions for your target. It will only make you fail and you'll become a target, yourself.

Suddenly the air gets stuck in my throat and I stare blankly at the screen. Now, I'm no softie. Piss me off or make an attempt to harm me, and I’ll kill you’re ass, without thinking it twice. For the first time in my god awful life, I have a really bad feeling about this. I can't believe that someone would want to eliminate, such a full smile and piercing green eyes, he’s only about, one or two. I sigh heavily, closing the laptop, I can't look at the picture anymore. I just can't.

I wish this was a normal job, but it's far from being normal. Killing random people is not fucking normal, especially when there’s special instructions. I'm usually a sniper, I do things from a distance, when you least expect it, bam your dead. I'm fucked on this one, it doesn't get to be done like I am used to. I park Sheeba, and kill the engine, I find myself sitting there, like an idiot. I'm just staring at the blue door in front of me. My inner demon is chanting you can do this, you can do this. "I can do this" I tell myself, hopping out of the car and unloading the trunk.

I don’t really live anywhere in particular, I spend most of my days on the road or staying in random motels. All my belongings are stuffed in Sheeba’s ass, my clothes, weapons, CD’s and did I mention my weapons. There is nowhere to call home, or anyone that could possibly be waiting for me. Tonight my home is Motel 6, not the best place, but I do have to be on the down low if you know what I mean. I’m like a ghost, no one really sees me, unless I want them too. No one knows me either…I…like it that way.

With a sigh I plop myself on the bed, I’m getting to old for this shit. Then again what else could I possibly do with my life. I could never be a family man, romance is not in my book. I never expect to fall in love, get married, and have a couple of annoying kids, that I have to support for the rest of my life. Hell no! I’m ok, I go wherever I want, do what the hell I please and definitely fuck whoever I want.

I hop into the shower letting the water run down my tense body. I place my hands against the cool tile and bow my head letting the stream of warmth, fall down my neck and onto my back. That feels damn good, this job may not be physical, but it sure does get me tense, sometimes. I just realize it, once I‘m relaxed and the job is done.

I hear a knock at the door, quickly I wrap a towel around my waist and walk over to open the door. There she stands, the sexy brunette that I met at the local bar last night, she’s fucking hot and she knows it. “Hi Jack” she greets me with a wet kiss on the lips, she takes off her coat and my eyes nearly roll out of my sockets. She’s wearing nothing, but the skin on her bones and damn I’m already rising.

This is the thing about women, they want us to respect and love them, but all the ones I’ve met, have only wanted one thing from me and that’s to get fucked. I’ve never felt a damn thing for them, and it’s obvious that they haven’t for me, either. We get our pleasing and that’s all that matters. Who needs love and affection? What the hell do those words mean, anyway.

“Well you going to stand there?” she says licking her lips and laying on the bed. Fuck no! My brain screams, I close the door, with a kick and head over to her. I can tell she’s used to this, meeting someone in a hotel room. Her coming naked is a plus, saves me all the trouble, of undressing her and pretending there is passion as we strip down, to business. Before you start thinking I’m a jerk, which I don’t give a shit if you do. I please some women…just cause, I like it when they scream my name.

A while later I’m riding her like a pony, and for some reason, my mind isn’t in cue with my dick. I‘m loving the sight of this chic, the look of bliss on her face, is making me feel cocky. As for me…she better be prepared, cause the way I’m going, I might be on it all night. Tell you the truth, I'm not being perverted or sick, but my mind keeps reverting to having to off a child. It’s the first and hopefully the last time I do it. I can tell you that I’m heartless, if I had to I would shoot this bitch right in the forehead, while my dick is still inside. It wouldn’t phase me!

So why in the hell, does my brain feel like it’s about to explode, instead of my wad? I’m not going soft or anything, I mean…that would never happen, to me. No…wait…ah shit, I did go soft. I groan loudly, rolling my eyes at myself, this has never happened to me.

and so does the brunette, whose name I seriously don’t even remember at the time.

“What happened?” the brunette, whose name I seriously don’t remember at the time asks me, with a huff. I’m still hovering over her, trying to catch my breath and some of my dignity, while I’m at it. “I’m out of here…I would have never…thought, that you…” her voice trails off, as I fall onto the bed, on my back. My thoughts revert to the new task, that’s already giving me problems.

 

Being so bothered by this shit, really blows. I can do this, I keep reassuring myself. That’s what I get paid to do, without having any remorse. Not even for a kid. The slamming of the door makes me jump and I notice that junior is seriously dead tonight. I roll my eyes at myself and sluggishly climb off the bed and walk over to put some clothes on. I gotta get some sleep, I have some traveling to do, Kentucky is a while away from, Texas.

Chapter 2 by kevmylove

Just as I reach Texarkana, Arkansas. Who the fuck named these cities? That is the most fucked up city name, I’ve ever heard of. Just then, I receive another call from Don, he wants me to off some high school teacher. It’s a female and for the first time he tells me the reason, behind it. Never in all the years I’ve worked for him, have I ever asked such a question. I’m confused as to why he would even share the information with me. Oh well! I gotta do, what I gotta do.

I get out of the car, and head into a diner, all I want is to order a cup of coffee. All those sleepless nights, have finally caught up with me, because I’m suddenly feeling sleepy and sluggish. I need a pick me up, of course I quit that shit a while back. It did nothing, but land me in some fucked up rehab, but I shouldn’t complain, it worked out just fine. Here I am almost two years sober. A sniper, sure as hell can’t aim when high on dope and drunk off his ass, believe me, your bound to miss your target.

The waitress is a spunky red head, she’s chewing her gum, like a cow. She could be a grandma, but she’s good on roller skates. “Hey there, what can I get for ya?” she holds her pen ready to scribble.

I look up at her “Just a cup of coffee…”

“That’s it hot stuff.” she smiles flirtatiously, and gives me a wink.

I feel the bile rise to my throat, is this lady for real. It would never work out, she’d probably go into cardiac arrest as soon, as I whip it out. “That’s it…” I mumbled. Damn, now I’m traumatized. I look around the place, everyone is eating peacefully, with exception of two kids screaming at each other, over French fries. Where's the mother? Aha, she's busy checking herself out in a compact mirror, ignoring the ruckus. That irritates me. Why disturb us, with such little fucking pest?

Quickly the green eyed kid comes back to mind. Damn it! I curse myself, for even thinking about it, I’ve never thought about anything, so much. I just get assigned to whichever mission, head out to the place and do the job. Fuck, then again, how am I not supposed to think about it, it’s a kid…no, it’s a baby. I don’t have any little fuckers, but if I did. I would never let a motherfucker touch them.

I don’t even notice, that my coffee has been sitting in front of me. It’s warm, as I drink it down in two gulps. That was shitty! Well I got to get back on the road. Got that teacher to off in Little Rock, another one to do in person. Which means that I have to find her, drag her to an isolated spot and put a knife to her throat. The reason…because she cheated on her husband, with his best friend. Whatever, it’s not my problem. I hop into Sheeba, rev her engine and get back onto highway 40.

Two hours later I’m pulling up to Cloverdale Elementary school, where Allison Gibbs is a fourth grade, English teacher. Its fucking freezing, I head over to the trunk, take out my leather jacket and pull it on. I take out the instrument needed and head out to the teachers parking. It’s about five minutes, before the bell rings announcing the end of their day. I stride over to the car, quickly pop the lock and lay flat down in the back seat, by the time she comes out, it will be dark and she wont even notice me. Women do that, they just hop into the car, never bother to look in the backseat for some damn psycho. Not that I’m one.

I wait for what seems like an eternity, finally I hear the door being unlocked and feel the car move as she takes a seat. I wait for her to start the engine, then I sit up. She let’s out a yelp as her eyes lock with mine, through the rear view mirror. “Don’t even think about it” I utter menacingly, as I wrap my hand over her mouth. Her fingers slip from the door handle, onto my hand, struggling to pry it from her mouth. Damn she’s fucking good looking, green eyes, silky red hair, she can’t be any older than me. No wonder she cheated, who wouldn’t want a piece of her. I wouldn’t mind.

Our heads are touching and my mouth is right at her ear, I know she can hear me breathing. I usually don’t beat around the bush, but for a split second I stare into her terrified eyes, through the mirror. I wonder what is going through her mind. If she has a clue of why I’m doing this to her. Probably not, she most likely thinks I’m fucking mugging her. Wrong! I pull out the knife and put it to her throat, letting the tip dig into her neck. The vibration of her screaming, tickles my hand, as I close my eyes, hearing the sound of her skin ripping, as the knife slides over her neck. When the strong smell of blood, hits my nose, it makes my stomach churn and for a split second I hold my breath. A carefully let go of her head, and watch as it falls limply to the side. The motor still runs and John Lennon’s “Imagine” plays on the radio.

I think I’m losing my tactics here. Was it me or was that actually troublesome? I look around, as I walk back to the car, and hop in. I turn on the radio and drive, I have plenty of time, before I reach my next target. I’ve been thinking, that I’m going to retire after I off this Kevin guy. I think it‘s time for a well deserved vacation, even killing is tiring. I have enough money stashed away to live off of for a while, I’ll just go somewhere were no one knows me. Oh wait, no one knows me now. That was my attempt at a joke, by the way.

I must’ve been in a trance, because when I check the sign I’m only an hour away from Greenville. I haven’t slept, eaten or even taken a piss. Speaking of piss, I guess both my heads are in sync, cause NOW I have to piss. I pull up to a gas station and go do my business. Then head in to grab a coke, that should wake my ass up. Just as I’m walking over to the counter, three masked fuckers come storming in, two with shot guns aimed and another with a 457 pistol, to his side. “Alright give me all the money” one shouts, his voice muffled by the mask.

“There isn’t much here” the girl at the counter screeches, as she pulls the register open. I look around, there’s an older man to the side of the register, a kid frozen in the candy section and then, there's me. Just my fucking luck, seriously. I usually don‘t go around killing or hurting people just for the hell of it, but I classify this as my body being in harms way and I’m plain pissed. Why choose this day to hold up the god damn gas station, out of all days?

I’m so deep in thought, I haven’t noticed that I’m being pointed at the by the 457. Damn, that gun is pretty nice. I’m not afraid, more like fucking pissed. He’s got to be an idiot, pointing a gun at me. With one swift movement, I knock the gun out of his hand, it soars through the air, landing with a clack and skidding a couple of feet from us. I jump towards it and he does the same, making us crash into each other. We roll around, our hands fighting to get the damn thing first, from the corner of my eye, I see the other two just standing there frozen, watching us in our wrestling match. What kind of robbers, just stand there like assholes? Damn amatuers!

Then the bitch goes off. Fuck me beautiful, the little bastard just clipped me, in my damn side. God damn it that shit stings! He had no intention to hurt anybody, I’m guessing. Because as soon as he notices that he’s shot me, he lets go of the gun and backs away. It’s a little to late for that shit.

So I point the gun and without hesitation pull the trigger, hitting the fucker right in the forehead. I hear a scream come from the girl at the register, then, just as I turn to look up at her, a hear a loud bang and something buzzes right past my ear, shattering the glass doors behind me. Oh hell no! I crawl on my hands and knees, and hide in an aisle, as the idiots shoot all over the place. Son of a bitch, this is not my day. Hell, it's not theirs either! Anger rushes through me, as I get up and start shooting, aiming at one, then the other pulling the trigger, until the gun clicks over and over.

I stand there, my chest is heaving and my side is burning. “Give me the video!” I demand the shaky girl “Don’t fuck around” I wave the newly acquired gun around. I have to be stern or she might do something stupid, like push the alarm button, which she probably did already. The tape shakes as she hands it to me, “Thanks” I give her a smile and I walk out like nothing. I drive off. Now, I have two missions to accomplish, and my priorities have changed. First I need to get this piece of shit bullet out of my body. Then, I can find Richardson and off his ass. Of course, before that, I have to reach Greenville.

I can feel the warmth of the blood oozing out of my wound and on to my pants and my seat. I let out a groan, not so much of physical pain, but of disappointment, that Sheeba is gonna get stained. Motherfuckers! I think I’m losing a shit load of blood, cause I’m starting to feel dizzy. I will admit that this hurts like a bitch, once the shock wears off. I’m good with pain though, so I just ignore it, and focus on my driving. A sense of relief comes over me, when I enter the secluded town. I notice a pharmacy in the corner and park quickly.

There are some people sitting on a bench, staring me down in horror, like I’m some kind of monster. Then again, my whole side is covered in blood, it must be a scary sight. Damn! Must have gotten all over my white seats too, ain’t that some shit. I stumble into the pharmacy, holding my side. The lady at the register, is gawking me as I grab gauze, alcohol and…I hear the little bell ring. Looking up I notice a chipper blonde enter the place, she glances over at me with her crystal blue eyes and gives me a worried look. Fuck! In a split second my vision blurs and I lose my balance, knocking over a couple of things. One hand flies to the wall for balance and the other holds my side.

“Are you alright?” I feel a pair of soft hands, holding onto my good side. Who told her I needed help? I pull away from her grip, and look into her big blue eyes.

“I’m good” I straighten up and grab my things, almost dragging myself towards the counter. The lady just stares at me, while I give her this 'hurry the fuck up’ look. She rings me up, her eyes on me the whole time, as she‘s throwing everything in a bag. Anxiously I snatch the bag, throw a twenty on the counter, not bothering to hear the total, and walk out of the place. I hop into Sheeba and haul ass, leaving a cloud of dust behind me.

This is a shithole in the middle of nowhere, there ain’t a damn thing in sight, just land and trees. After a ten minute drive, I can finally see a two story brick house, in the distance. That has got to be my destination. I should clean myself up, it wouldn’t look nice to show up, looking like a murderer. I ease the car onto the gravel, hearing the rocks pop under the pressure of my tires, everything starts to blur. Struggling to keep myself focused, I can feel my eyelids getting heavier, by the second. The next thing I know, my forehead hit’s the steering wheel, and everything goes black

Chapter 3 by kevmylove

I try to open my eyes, but I only feel like I’m floating. My head feels heavy as I try to move it and my head is pounding, like someone has taken a hammer to it. The voices I hear are distant, but I can make out what they are saying. It’s more of an argument, than a conversation, and it sounds like I’m the reason for it.

“He needs help Nick, just be considerate.” I hear a female voice whispering, probably thinking I am still passed out.

Then the male voice sounds forceful through the room, sending the pounding in my head into full gear “WHATEVER!! I just don’t trust some STRANGER staying here, but you’re a grown ass woman. Do what you want. I’m out of here”

“Fuck” I mumble, unaware that I’ve said it loud enough to be heard by the unkown female.

I feel warmth next to me and a light caress of a hand over my shoulder “Hi…” the voice is soft and very girly.

I struggle to open my eyes, I see nothing but a blur as I look around. Then they lock with a pair of familiar blue eyes. “What happened?” my vision finally focuses on the girl hovering over me. She’s a kid, I don’t give her a day over eighteen, she’s smiling at me like this is something to smile about. I don’t even know what the hell happened to me. Oh shit! Sheeba! I spring up and let out a loud groan as the pain shoots through my side. “Fuck” I repeat my favorite word.

“Oh, yeah you can’t get up just yet. In case you hadn’t noticed…when you entered the pharmacy you were shot.” I can tell she’s being sarcastic, little shit! I’m in pain and she wants to tell jokes.

Do I look like an idiot, isn’t she the blonde one. “Uh, yeah the reason for going there in the first place and buying what I did.” I snap, adjusting back onto the pillows.

She crosses her arms and glares at me “Well snappy aren’t we. Listen I just had my best friend yell at me, for taking care of you. The least you can do is be nice.” she rolls her eyes.

I’m not being nice, I never have been and I wont be now. Shit, she can kick me out I don’t give a shit. I just want to know where the hell is my Sheeba “Where the hell is my Sheeba?” my eyebrows furrow with anxiousness.

“What’s a Sheeba? Sounds like a lama or some kind of pet. There were no pets in the car.”

I stare at her dumbfounded, I’m hoping it’s another sarcastic remark, because if that’s not the case then the blonde theory is nothing but true. “Listen kid I don’t have time for games…Sheeba is my car. Where is she?” this girl is pissing me off. Wait! My equipment, my new gun. Where is everything. I begin to look around, feeling under the pillow, on my sides, and look around the room. She’s staring at me with confusion the whole time.

“Who names a car?” she raises a brow “Why Sheeba? Your things are in this closet, that bag is really heavy. Nick wanted to go through it, but I didn’t let him. It seems private.”

I take the last comment back, she is smart. A sigh escapes me as I force myself to say the word “Thanks”

Which brings on something I never expected “Oh sure, no problem.” she flops on the end of the bed, crossing her legs Indian style. “So you hit this tree, dented the whole front of…your Sheeba. Nick, whose my best friend and I dragged you out of the car and into my bug, then we called the doctor cause you lost a lot of blood. Your lucky, there was no bullet, it seemed to have grazed your side only.” she smiles after her mile a minute ramble.

I stare at her for a second, tell you the truth I was to busy checking out all her features. She has ivory skin, and a pair of crystal blue eyes, that light up every time she smiles. Her long blonde waves of hair fall over her shoulder, her pink V neck shirt let’s me know she’s got something worth looking at. They are just there and I cant help but stare.

Her eyes lock with mine again. “So where the hell is the car now? Listen I have something important in there, I need it.” If they find it, they could trace the hold up back to me and then I wont get this job done.

She shakes her head, standing up and reaching under the bed for something “This thing?” she holds the pistol like it might go off on it’s own. “I just hate guns…why would you have one?” Is it me or does she ask to many damn questions? This is a ranch there has to be a muzzle somewhere out here. “Earth to…” she stops “Is your name Skullz?”

My stomach summersaults as she asks me the question. My cell phone? I look around the room, and check my pocket. I have no pockets, because my pants are missing, I am only in boxers. “Uh…where is my clothes?” I ask in horror. This is humiliating, I would go back and shoot those three idiots again, just to let out my frustration.

“Your cell phone and wallet are in that drawer right there. So is it Skullz like it says on your arm or is it Jack like it says on your I.D.?” she looks at me with a crooked grin. I would really prefer to ask her to FUCK OFF! I’m pissed right now and I don’t want to hear her any longer. Her giddiness really gets to me. It’s disgusting.

“Listen kid how about you stop asking so many questions?” I say without thinking anything of it, she’ll shut up now and run along and play with a pony or whatever farm kids do.

Maybe not! She stands there her hands on her hips and her mouth open in shock. What did I say? “I am not a kid!!” she retorts “For your information I’m nineteen thank you.” Oh wow. She’s nineteen, so she thinks she’s a grown ass woman. I’ll make her a grown ass woman if she wants. He…he…ok I have to stop it. I can’t stop staring at her, it could be, cause I haven’t gotten laid since my ‘softening’ display the other night.

“Sorry…didn’t mean to offend. Now please, could you busy yourself with something other than pestering me. I think I hear some horses calling your name. Which I don’t know.” Alright, so that was a little shitty of me to say, but really my head is pounding and if I don't send her away, she might ask me more questions and I'll end up shooting her. She's too hot to off.

She begins for the door, then turns around “Its Crystal. I guess I will leave you alone then. Since your so crabby.” she lets out a sigh, “I promised Dr. Bern that I would watch after you and well at 6 o’clock I have to clean your wound. Then I’ll bring you dinner at 7, I’ll leave you alone now.” she exits the room and closes the door.

Ah shit! I hurt the kids feelings, and she’s coming to wash me up later. Sounds kinky. Wait a minute, she’s only nineteen almost a whole decade younger than me. “Down Junior down” I speak to myself, I reach over to the drawer, just to double check my shit is really there. Don would kill me if he knew that I could have blown my cover. I close my eyes to fall back to sleep in peace before the blabbermouth comes back.

Chapter 4 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Yay thank you for those that like this...I'm having fun making AJ a dick head!!! It's sexy! THANK YOU Kris for all your HELP, this story wouldn't be if not for you!! LOVE YA BF!!!

A couple of hours later there she is a tray in hand with a steaming bowl of something, which quite frankly makes me nervous. Now don’t think that because I’m nervous, I’m scared. Maybe I am scared. Her. Plus a steaming bowl of something, could mean trouble. Now I have a couple of questions for her ass.

“So…you went through my wallet?” I feel my eyebrow raise and I know I’m scowling. She places the tray on the nightstand carefully. Is she ignoring me? Or processing the question still?

“Well…I had to, the doctor wanted to know your…”

“Shit! You know that’s personal stuff. I mean do you always fucking snoop around…” I go off, not exactly cause I’m pissed at her, but myself. I can’t believe that someone was going through my shit. I could give myself up like this. I should get up and go. I have to find this Kevin guy anyway.

I try to get up, but she places a hand firmly on my chest “Listen, I’m not snooping. I had to look for your damn name. Unless you wanted to be Joe Blow, so stop yelling and eat.” I cross my arms, I’m still angry. I’m not eating her food, she might have poisoned it or maybe she sucks at cooking. The reasons are endless.

I grab her wrist and give her my deadly glare, that most people take serious. This one on the other hand glares back at me as she yanks her wrist out of my grip. “Is that supposed to scare me?” she says taking hold of the tray and placing it on my lap.

Did I say I wasn’t eating her food? The smell of the chicken soup, hits me hard. I haven’t had a normal meal in forever. Maybe never. I feel her sit at the foot of the bed. I can‘t fight the urge anymore so I begin to fill my mouth with spoonfuls of soup. Damn she can cook.

She‘s busy staring out the window, but her mouth is still going a mile a minute "I hope you like it...I made you homemade chicken soup, from scratch. You look like you haven’t had a home cooked meal, in a while...so, I just thought maybe you would like it. But, if you don't I can make you something else…” she turns to look at me, I guess she hasn’t noticed that the bowl is empty. “I mean, it's no big deal. So just tell me if you don’t like it. I could go to the store, too. Do you like pizza? I could get you pizza instead."

Her eyes spring open as she notices that I have placed the tray back on the nightstand and the bowl is empty. “You never shut up do you? I mean your like a fucking Chihuahua…you never stop damn yapping.”

Oh shit! I did it again. “Are you insinuating that I bark? Your something else….I bring you food and I…I…try to be friendly, but your just plain mean.” she snatches the tray off the nightstand and walks out, slamming the door behind her.

Damn, she looks sexy mad. Alright, I didn’t just think that, cause she’s just a kid. I’ve never met anyone so annoying before, I’m seriously contemplating getting up and looking for the muzzle. Although her voice is…nice. That felt awkward, I’ve never known anything nice. Have I?

My thoughts are interrupted by the door swinging open, she gives me an evil look and places a rag, some gauze and another bowl, this time with warm water on the nightstand. “You want me to shut the fuck up…then you clean yourself up. Good night!” she storms right back out.

Whatever! I don’t need her. I can do this just…ah fuck!

I have to twist myself to reach the bowl and I’m stretching the wound and it’s starting to throb. Oh wonderful, I just knocked over the bowl, the water is running all over the nightstand. I reach out to grab the bowl, and use what is left, but it‘s in the far corner. I sit up straighter, although there is pain searing through my body I reach as far as I can, feeling the bowl with the tips of my fingers. Fuck, I begin to curse a storm as I feel the opening of my wound connect with the end of the table. Just when I jerk, my hand slips and I end up face first on the wooden floor.

Mrs. Yap will definitely be running up here any moment. I can feel the blood trickle down my side, or it could be just the pain, that makes it feel that way. Like when you hit your head on something and your feeling on it over and over, cause you can swear that it‘s bleeding. Not that it‘s happened to me before. Ok, a couple of times, but don‘t say anything. Hit men don‘t hurt themselves, we are never unskilled.

I hear the door swing open and a gasp, here we go. “Jack! Oh my god! What in the world are you doing?” I roll my eyes. God damn it this is the most humiliating moment in my life.

She places a hand on my good side and another on my shoulder as she helps me up. I stand a little clumsily, unwillingly taking her shoulder for balance. I don’t know many emotions, I’ve never been embarrassed or felt such a flush in my cheeks like I do now. I’m practically naked standing in front of this girl, whom I’m not even intending on getting laid by, the only time that I’m stripped down. I clear my throat and our eyes connect, I can tell she wants to laugh. If she does…I’m going to…I don’t know.

“Are you ok” she presses her lips to keep from smirking. “Your are the most stubborn person I have ever met, besides my dad. I told you not to move, but you just insist on doing everything on your own.” she huffs “Don’t look at me like that…”

Is she scolding me? Me? Yeah, she is. “Well…could you just keep your thoughts to yourself and help me to the bed.” she looks up at me and for an instant I find myself swimming in her blue liquid eyes. Stop it Jack! I clear my throat to break our gaze and she pulls me towards the bed.

“Look at that you have blood everywhere? You know what that means?”

Oh fuck no! No…there is no way that I’m going to let this kid…no. “Look I’m fine I’ll clean it up tomorrow. I’m just going to pass out right now. That’s the best thing for me to do, thanks for the help. I’ll take it from here.”

“I bet you will. Whatever. Try not to…”

I don’t want to say it, but if I don’t my head might explode and I need my head. “Listen, you think there is a muzzle around here?” I ask with a smirk.

She gives me a gloomy look. Uh…is she tearing up? Without another word she walks out of the room. I’m not sure why exactly, but I’m feeling bad about it. I want to call her back, but Jack D. never bends the rules. Not for a female. Especially not for some farm girl in the middle of nowhere. Fuck it, let her cry. That should keep her from annoying me anymore.

I have to stop letting her get to me. I need to ask where the hell I am, I know I'm on a fucking farm...just not which one. I can't let this Kevin guy get away, I've nevr failed before and I wont now that Don has put so much trust in me. It's weird I haven't thought of my mission lately, it's that girl, she yaps so much that she makes me forget things. Then again why would...I'm not getting into that now. She annoys the shit out of me, plain and simple.

Chapter 5 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Thanks again you guys!

The morning is a rude awakening, when the curtains to my room are suddenly opened and the rising sun, glares in my eyes. I groan, unable to really move to any other position. “What the fuck?” I mumble, my eyes still shut tight.

“You have to get up, I have to clean you up. The doctor is going to be here in an hour with Nick.” I thought she was mad at me, but she sounds even giddier than usual. “Jack…come on.” she nudges me.

I smack her hand away “Go away…” I slowly open one eye and then the other one flies open, when I realize how close she is and how blue her eyes are as she stares at me. “Damn! Back up woman.”

She backs up quickly and starts to giggle, her cheeks turning pink “Um…have a good dream last night or this morning?” What the fuck is she talking…oh fuck me beautiful! There is that damn tent that I have every morning, when I have to piss like a race horse.

Quickly I place my hand over it and curse under my breath “Shit…no…I have to piss if you must know.”

She purses her lips, to keep from giggling again and shrugs “If you say so…”

With all the strength and discomfort I strain myself to get up out of the bed and make way to the bathroom, I let out a sigh as I hold my side. I know she’s looking at my backside. Not like I have one, I slam the door and do my business. I stare at myself in the mirror, I have bags under my eyes and I miss my beanie, or my cap. My hair is everywhere, and my beard is seriously growing. I look old.

A soft knock wakes me from my trance “Yeah!” I holler as I walk over to the door, I turn to look at the tub, it’s half full of water and bubbles rest atop like whip cream on a sundae. Why am I thinking of whip cream? Or a sundae?

“I have to do it Jack” she yells through the crack of the door. “I promise I wont look…ok”

Like her looking would cause any problem, I’m confident I’ve got everything in the right place and just the right size. Damn it! She’s talking to me like I’m a little kid, she’s the kid. I unlock the door “Alright just WAIT” I remove my boxers and slowly sit into the tub, the warm water feels good against my aching body. I take a deep breath “Alright” I yell for her to come in.

She walks in smiling widely, I’m not sure why. Maybe she’s a horny teen, but she’s not getting lucky with me. Uh…uh…‘Ok, here” she hands me a soapy rag and she has one in her hand. “You do…the tent maker and I’ll do your wound.” she smirks.

Ha…ha…very funny. Doesn’t she think she’s cute. NOT! So I don’t go directly to junior I just wait to see what she’s going to do. She’s on her knees hovering over the tub and her ti…boo…brea…her chest is rubbing against my arm. I’m praying junior doesn’t wake up, cause that will just be plain out disturbing. I take a deep breath. Mission. Kevin. Kid. Girl, rubbing my back with a wash cloth, while I’m butt naked. Sheeba. It’s working, he’s still sound asleep.

Is this what foreplay is like, cause it feels damn good. I feel my eyes close as her hands and the cloth move slowly over my neck and down my back. Up and down, up and down. Up…up…oh damn it he’s up. I clear my throat and I realize I shouldn’t have done that.

“Are you alright?” she cocks her head to the side and gazes at me.

I nod, unable to speak.

“Ok! Well I’m on to the wound, while you do your hair. See it’s not that bad.” I look straight ahead, unable to look her in the eyes at the moment. I shift to the side as I let out a pain filled moan, she’s digging into my gash. I can’t help it, it’s not like me to keep quiet “Fuck…Crystal do you have to do that so fucking hard. Damn it!”

Her head pops up “You said my name!” Big fucking deal, I said her name. I’m going to give her a brand new name, if she keeps fucking around. “Now would you stop whining. I have to do this” she continues to dig in and I just can’t stay still, with her stuffing some rag into my open flesh.

“Do you fucking mind, are you dumb, that shit hurts. You know what cleaning session is over. You suck at nursing someone.” I place my hands on the side of the tub ready to lift myself up and expose it all. I don’t give a shit if she passes out when she sees my dick. I’m not having her…

I catch her giving me the evil eye, her lips are pinched with anger “Listen JACK!!! If you would FUCKING stay still it wouldn’t FUCKING hurt so much! You aren’t the only one who can FUCKING say FUCK you know!" she’s livid, her cheeks are red, not of embarrassment, but anger. Her eyes are piercing me, if looks could kill, I’d be dead. "So…just FUCKING sit still and let me FUCKING clean your FUCKING wound!"

I’m in shock I don’t say a word, I just sit still. Damn that was a fucking turn on, if only she was older I would pull her in this tub and fuck her. I didn’t just think that. Damn it Jack. I have to stop those thoughts, I feel like a pervert. What's so wrong about those thoughts anyways, she's a woman I'm a man. No, she's a girl and I'm a man. I bet anything that she's still a virgin. 

After what seems like forever, I’m in my room and she’s handing me something “Here, your clothes were all over the street, I guess from the impact. I just bought you some shirts, a sweater, two pair of jeans, socks and these.” she smiles as I take everything from her.

I hold up the boxers with a really odd character, that looks like a piece of cheese, on them. “What in the hell is this?” I say inspecting the boxers in my hand. I usually wear plain white ones and now she’s gone and bought me some unmanly ones. There goes my manhood down the drain. I can see she’s enjoying my reaction too.

After a giggle, she bites her lip “It’s Spongebob Squarepants he’s a very famous cartoon. You’ll have to watch it with me, sometime. Well I hear them pulling up, see you in a bit.”

I watch her run out of the room. Then revert my gaze back to the ridiculous things in my hand, with a light shrug and a groan I pull them on. Not like I have another choice right now. It’s better than free balling. Everything else fits me perfectly, after I change I hop back into the bed. I feel like a underdog just laying here with nothing to do, but stare at the walls or listen to that girl yap.

My thoughts are interrupted by a smiling Crystal and Dr. Bern walking into the room. I get a scowl from Nick, who leans against the door frame. “Hello there Jack! How are you feeling?” the doctor asks me as he removes my brand new gauze.

“Pain wise, it still stings like hell. I’m just tired of laying here and doing shit.” the doctor looks at me and nods, it’s gotta be my language that catches him off guard. “When can I leave?” I ask, catching a frown from Crystal. “I have some shit to do, I need to get up off my ass.”

He inspects the wound once again “I give you one more day in bed, but I wouldn’t be so rushed to go anywhere. You also had a head concussion, doesn’t seem bad, but it’s better safe than sorry. I’ll come back in two days.” he gives me a nod, I nod back and he exits the room.

Crystal motions Nick to walk him out, with a deep disapproving sigh he follows her orders. “So…you wan to leave already? I guess I do annoy you huh?” she is joking, but there is something in her eyes that I can’t quite read.

I shrug “Not much to do here…kid, plus I have some business to finish.” I can’t help, but stare her down. She is wearing a red, low cut long sleeve shirt that reads ‘I’m a treasure’, dark blue jeans that are snug on her body, some brown boots and her blonde curls are up in a messy ponytail.

She nods “Right! Well I’ve got to get to work…I’ll see you later, for lunch.” with that she walks out of the room, closing the door behind her. Against orders, I get up and head to the window. I slowly take a seat in the seal and watch as her, the Nick guy and some other Hispanic guy get to work.

I watch in amazement at the strength in the kid, she’s hauling ass out there. Carrying hay from one barn to the other, rounding up the horses, picking up their shit. I watch her as she wipes her forehead and fans her face, these days it’s been cold, but today the sun is beating down and the sky is as blue as her eyes. Why am I even watching her? There is no purpose, someone like me doesn’t feel like others do or would.

With a deep sigh, I make way back to my worst nightmare, this bed. I sit up and lean my body against the oak headboard, and let my head fall back. I can’t stop picturing her, her smile, those blue eyes and that body that I have so many thoughts about. I should take a nap, that’s what I’m best at lately. I decide to get more comfortable and close my eyes and drift off to sleep.

End Notes:
Thank you BF for all the help, Kristal helped me come up with some of Jack and Crystal's lines in this one. lol!!
Chapter 6 by kevmylove

She’s biting her lip and once in a while she says my name “Jack…oh Jack.” her head falls backwards and I can finally see everything I‘ve been wanting to see. I lick my lips as she moves up and down on me. Maybe she wasn’t a virgin after all. She’s riding my dick like it’s for a rodeo show and I’m about to explode.

I grab on to her hips and help her, fuck she’s good. Just like I always imagined her and she’s a loud one too, she’s been moaning and groaning and calling out my name, ever since I dipped into her. “Jack…Jack…”

“Jack” My eyes jerk open and I find myself looking into her eyes, I’m breathing heavily and my heart is beating full blast “Jack jeez, what in the world were you dreaming?” she smiles, looking down towards junior “I told you it was the dreams…having to take a piss, my ass.” she smirks, placing the tray on my lap.

Junior is fucking up lately, he seems to have a mind of his own. Bastard. “Sorry, the bastard has a mind of it‘s own and for your information I wasn‘t dreaming.”

She shrugs “It’s fine…and normal. Guys are horn dogs. Look I’m sorry, didn’t have much time to cook right now. A sandwich will have to do, with potato salad.”

I look her up and down as I swallow hard and lick my dry lips. Wow, that was so fucking real. “Thanks…this will do.” my breathing is going back to normal, along with the beating of my heart. “Did you eat already?” Did I just ask that? Why would I give a shit? Well I asked already, can’t take it back.

Her face lights up “Yes…thanks for asking. I’m going to hop into the shower, I’ll be back to check on your booboo.” she gives me a smile and walks out as I stay chomping on my sandwich. Not even five minutes later there is a knock at my door. “Come in…” I holler, putting my tray on the table, assuming it’s her.

“Hey…” Nick mumbles, I can tell that he’s a little hostile and doesn’t like me one bit. Of course I could give two shits. The feeling is mutual.

Nick is this pretty boy, with his flannel shirt tucked in his pants with a buckle of a wild horse and a black cowboy hat over his blonde hair. He’s got a piece of straw in his mouth and he’s looking at me with fury in his blue eyes.

“What’s up!” I nod and he stands closer to me “Did you lose something?” I can’t help being an asshole to him, I don’t like the way he looks at me.

He bends down and gets in my face. I’m keeping my cool, I have to here in Greenville. I can’t blow my cover, so I have to act like any other normal man. “I want you to stay the hell away from her. Why don’t you just get the fuck out of here. I know your type, you just drive by this town…fucking up whatever is in your path and then you leave.” he stands back up.

“Wouldn’t it be the kids decision if I stay or not? What you like her? Look I don’t want any fucking problems, I’m not interested in her that way. She’s just a kid, look I’m just waiting to heal and I’m getting the hell out of here.” I’m surprised at how collected I sound and normal. Usually I don’t use words, just actions, it’s not so bad. What the fuck is happening to me?

He doesn’t say anything else and storms out of the room, slamming my door as hard as he can. He can break it for all I care, it’s not my shit. Damn I’m bored, I can’t even play with my gun or plan out my strategy. I wonder if Richardson’s ranch is nearby or if this shit is it? I really got to do this job, or Don will lose all faith in me.

The hours gradually pass and I find myself frustrated, angry and bored. I can’t think of my plan for finding Kevin. Maybe I should ask someone in town or Crystal. No, I don’t want to ask her, cause she’s so nosy, that I can already hear the hundred questions that will come with her answer. I have contact with no one else, Nick would tell me he’s in china, just to get me the fuck out of here.

My bed is littered with paper airplanes, that I made out of a whole notebook that was in the drawer. I aim them and let them glide, they crash instantly. Cheap planes! Just as I let one go, her head peeks in and it crashes into her hair. “NICE!! You have nothing better to do…I see.” she giggles.

I look her up and down, she’s wearing a lacy cami and matching shorts, and some ugly fuzzy boots. After checking her out, I see a book in her hand, a kiddy book. I nod, this is insane, me Jack D aka Skullz is going to be read a kids book, by a kid. That’s something I never saw myself doing. “What else can I do…” I mumble.

“Look I know that this might…uh make you feel unmanly….and well…I thought I would…read you a book. Dr. Seuss’s ‘Green Eggs and Ham’ it’s a really funny one. I’m sorry, my dad doesn’t have any adult books.”

She’s already used to my answers, I can see she’s ready for me to send her to hell and back. “It’s cool I guess.” Was that me answering so nicely? Someone has stolen my mind. I want that shit back.

With a bright smile she goes to the other side of the bed and sits next to me, her shoulder touching mine. “Alright…” her back resting on the headboard and her legs curled up, to her chest. I watch as she opens the book, but my gaze keeps creeping over to other places.

“I do not like them here or there…I do not like them anywhere…”

Although once in a while I hear the words she is saying, and the book isn’t really long, I find myself staring at her. I watch as her mouth moves with each word. The way her long eyelashes flutter each time she blinks and I can’t help but smile, every time she giggles at whatever she is reading. I fight the urge to run my hand over her bare leg, the urge of grabbing her and fucking her so hard, she will never forget me.

“Jack…did you like it?” she waves the book in my face.

What book? Oh right, “Yeah it was good…it was about green eggs…right?” I can tell there is something on her mind. She’s pressing a finger on her knee and watches as it turns white and then back to its normal color.

“I wanted to apologize about Nick. He’s just overprotective like dad. I heard what he said…” she pauses, staring at her knees “Erm…you really think of me as a kid? Are you really leaving as soon as your better?” she gazes at me with eager eyes.

I feel a sudden jolt of electricity through my body as I stare into them, I’m not sure what the hell that was, but I hope it doesn’t happen again. “Look kid…” I start, but she cuts me off.

“Stop…” she chokes and tears start streaming down her face “I’m not a kid…stop calling me kid.” she covers her face.

I’m fucking speechless, usually I walk out of the room before anyone starts crying so I don’t have to be forced to do anything I don’t want. Like hug or whatever else you do, when someone gets all sentimental. “Alright…Crystal, I’m about ten years older than you and well I got shit to do here. I can’t just…lay here all the time. It‘s fucking boring!”

Wiping away the tears she sniffles “Well, there is always visiting the horses or the lake…you would like it there…”

I’m feeling bad again, like I’ve caused this unhappiness of hers. I’m not sure why? I shouldn’t give a rat’s ass. Who the fuck am I, for someone to cry over. I’m just some murderer. A name. A shadow. Psh a nuisance. “Uh…listen don’t cry alright. I still have two more days. Speaking of days. Where in the hell is my car?” I raise my eyebrows and give her a nudge.

She smiles and wipes away the tears, I’ve got to admit that I had a strange feeling as I watched her cry. Like it hurt to see her in pain. I got to get the hell out of here, before this gets worse. “She’s in the shop still, you wrecked her pretty bad, they had to order a new motor. It doesn’t come in till next Friday.” she yawns and places the book on the nightstand.

I begin to count the days. Holy shit! That is a whole week away, I don’t think I can wait that long. If this is ugly now, it will only get worse, for both of us. I stare at the ceiling, wanting to have the strength to get out of here. Then again I’m not leaving without my Sheeba, she’s all I got. “Well I guess I better get some sleep. I’m tired of doing nothing. You must be hella…” I stop mid sentence.

She’s curled up, facing my direction, her hands nestled under her cheek and she’s sound asleep. Damn she’s beautiful. I run a finger over her cheek and lips, then spread out the blanket and let it fall on her. I reach over and turn out the lamp, and just sit there watching her sleep.

Chapter 7 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:

Thanks to all of you for reviewing...woohoo!

In the morning I wake up to an empty bed. I wonder where the kid has gone so early in the morning. I’m feeling much better, but my gash is barely starting to scab. This could be the perfect time to get the fuck out of here. So what is stopping me? Uh…nothing!

I get out of bed, head into the bathroom, take a quick shower and change my clothes. I pull on the sweater that Crystal gave me and throw the hood over my head. There has to be a car hidden somewhere around here and I’m taking it. Just as I slowly bend down I find a note on the floor.

Jack,

Good morning, Nick and I had to go run some errands for my dad, in the next town Bowling Green. We wont be long. I left you breakfast in the microwave in the kitchen. See you later.

Kisses,

Crystal

If I leave she’ll be upset, because I didn’t even say goodbye. Kisses? I‘ve never gotten such a note, the kid is...I can’t think about that, she doesn’t matter to me. I shake my head hoping that will take the thoughts away. I grab my bag from the closet, pull it over my shoulder and haul ass. I’m almost jogging down the stairs when I come to a sudden halt “What the fuck?” I whisper to myself as I stare at a family picture.

It’s them, the baby, Kevin and a blonde. She must be the mother, that means that this is the right ranch and he’s not here. Now I wonder what ties Crystal to this place. It doesn’t matter anymore. I’m getting the hell out of here, staying in the next town and I’ll just keep an eye on the place until this Kevin guy comes home. Then I’ll be my unscrupulous asshole self and shoot them both and get on with my fucking life.

I walk out into the frosty morning, there‘s an overcast and it‘s foggy. As quick as my body will let me I reach the barn and open the door. At the end sits an old Thunderbird, I look around like crazy trying to find a key. If I was the owner, where would I hide it? I look in the drawers to a desk in the corner, all around the barn and nothing. Check Inside the car…I‘m an idiot. I give the door a try and it opens easily, I begin to rummage every crook and cranny, but there is nothing. Finally I stuff my hand under the furry seat cover and there it is a single key.

I let out a chuckle of happiness, I‘m getting out of here and I‘m staying away from her. I wont let her change me. I put the key in the ignition and give it a try. Nothing. Another try. Nothing. “Oh come on bitch“ I mumble and she suddenly starts up, the motor is clanking like it wants to give out, but I press on the gas revving her to life.

Swiftly I throw the bag in the trunk, open the barn door and speed away from the ranch, leaving nothing, but a cloud of dust. ‘Hotel California’ by the Eagles is playing and I give it all the volume that I can, maybe it will drown all the thoughts, that I shouldn’t have in my mind.

A half an hour into my drive, I’m on a single road, surrounded by gravel, scattered dry trees and mountains in the distance. I see up ahead an old beat up structure that must have been a gas station zillions of years ago. I hit the steering wheel with all my might. I can’t stop thinking about her, I’m fighting the urge to turn the car around. Without thinking, I pull onto the gravel, and push the brakes with all my might, cranking the wheel. The car skids to a sudden stop, facing back the way I just came

I hop out of the car, cursing a storm, kicking dirt, swinging my arms everywhere. I’m pissed off at myself for being so stupid. I never in my entire life have felt this much passion and anger, mixed with a longing and odd feeling of pain inside of me. I kick the car a couple of times and then look up to the cloudy sky. “WHY? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO ME? I DON’T NEED HER. I DON’T NEED THIS STUPID FEELING. I’VE NEVER HAD IT, SO I DON’T WANT IT. DAMN IT! FUCK!” I kick up dirt again. Then I hop back into the car, start the engine, and head back to the ranch.

A while later I pull up and notice a white pick up truck parked in the driveway, Nick is leaning against it and looks at me a little shocked and angry. “What the fuck are you doing here?” he approaches me, I have to admit the blonde is much taller and bigger than me.

“I…I forgot something.” I can’t believe that I’m stuttering. He doesn’t intimidate me one bit, but the anxiousness in the pit of my stomach seriously does.

He stands up to me “You’ve done enough JACK! Because of you she’s upstairs in a fit of cries, I’m not sure what she sees in you. I know your nothing good. What the fuck are you doing in Greenville? With a bag full of weapons?” he raises a brow, and pinches his lips in anticipation.

Shit! Let’s see how I get out of this one. Wait a minute, I don’t have to prove shit to this fuck. He should be glad I’m not pointing my gun at him right now. “Who the fuck are you to ask me questions? The kid has a mind of her own. Doesn’t she already have a father, she doesn‘t need another one. How about you get the fuck out of my face, before I...kill you.” I glare at him, I’m ready to kill him, he’s a fucking pest.

“Fuck you!” he snaps back at me, with a shove, that sends me staggering backwards, I crash into the car. Never have I, ever, let someone put a hand on me, unless it was for sexual purposes. He’s done it this time.

Oh that’s it motherfucker. I lunge at him, my fist slams into his jaw. He groans in pain, but it doesn’t stop him from letting me have one right in the nose. I hear a snapping sound, my eyes instantly water and it feels like my nose just shattered into thousands of pieces. I feel the blood trickle down my lip and into my mouth, I spit out the copper taste.

I reach for my gun, that’s stuffed between the waist of my pants and my back. I’m mentally prepared to shoot him. Just as I feel the cold steel Crystal comes running down the stairs and tumbles into me “Jack…you came back…” she hugs me so tight, I can hardly breathe.

My hands fly up, I can’t bring them to wrap around her. I don’t want to. I mean I do, but I wont. “Shit Crystal I can’t breathe.” I mutter and pull her away “I just came back for something” I state and make way towards the house, not without giving Nick a deadly glare, I can hear her right behind me.

“Wait…your still leaving?” she’s pulling on my sweater, trying to get me to turn around.

I’m so angry at her. I can almost say, I hate her for turning my life upside down. I push my door open and I start to pace, cursing under my breath. “Crystal just leave me alone right now!” I try and be as…nice as I can be.

“Why did you really come back?” she asks, her eyes are red and puffy.

“I…I forgot something.” there I go stuttering again, damn it. I hate this…I fucking hate this. I run my hand over my head, knocking off my hat. I want to hit, shoot, smash…

“Jack? Please tell me why you came back?” I can see the hope lingering in her eyes, the hope that I returned for her. “Tell me…” she whispers desperately.

I look at the ground as my breathing starts to go back to normal. There is no way I’ll let her know that I came back for her. That I can’t bare the thought of never seeing her again. “I came back for…my gun.” I bend down and take it from under the bed.

She shakes her head “Your lying, just say it. Admit it already…stop fighting it. Jack…” her voice is high pitched and shaky.

The woman is frustrating me, and I can’t help, but snap at her “What the fuck do you want from me Crystal? Would you stop being ridiculous, I don’t know what he hell your talking about.” I point towards the door “I told you to leave…just…” I’m still not looking at her, I can’t. I might go soft on her and I wont let myself do that. I’m here on a mission to kill someone, not to…whatever this is.

“But…Jack…” I can’t help to look up, when she says my name with such sorrow. I see her swallow the knot in her throat. The uncertainty and sadness in her eyes, is bringing back that nasty feeling that I don‘t like. I want her out of my room. I want her out of my fucked up life. I have nothing to offer anyone, nothing but…nothing.

“Get the fuck out Crystal. Now…go” I push her out of the room and slam the door in her face, taking an extra step and locking it. In case her stubborn ass decides to come back, knowing her. I throw myself on the bed and stare at the wall. This is so fucked up.

End Notes:

Once again thanks to Kristal for helping me out with getting ideas out of our heads. I love you for all your help. Yay!

Chapter 8 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Thank you guys for taking the tme and interst to read my new project. Also thank you for the reviews. Very appreciated!

Later that evening I wake up to blood caked onto my face and on my bed. Outside I can hear it pouring, with thunder drumming along and flashes of lighting fill my dark room. I get up slowly, feeling like a got smashed in the face by a bat. That bastard can really hit. I think twice about opening the door, but I have to wash this mess off my face.

I put my hand on the doorknob and a roll of thunder booms throughout the house. As I swing the door open, guess who comes crashing into me with a terror stricken look on her face. Now what? I feel a headache radiate from my eyes, up to my temples.

“Look at your face…come on let’s clean you up” she takes my hand and drags me to the bathroom. I lean against the counter and cross my arms over my chest, just watching her looking for gauze and all her other nursing equipment. “I can’t believe Nick did that. He’s usually very goofy and sweet.”

I roll my eyes “Hmmm…I guess I bring out the nasty in everyone.” I mumble, my eyes stare at the shower curtain as she stands up close to me and she runs the rag over my face. I can feel her body pressing against me, I want to move away, but once again, I don’t. “Maybe he has a thing for you.” now my eyes trail over to lock with hers.

She giggles as she dips the bloody rag under the running water. “Don’t be silly, Nick and I have been friends since I got here. Dad would kill him. Plus, I don’t see him that way…” she looks at me with her penetrating gaze. I wonder for a second, who her father is. Maybe I should ask…ok maybe not right now. “Hold on…don’t move” she says running out of the bathroom. A couple of minutes later she comes back with a razor and some shaving gel.

I nod my head “No…fucking way! You’ll end up cutting me and then I might just kill you. I’ve had enough body injuries this week.” I continue to nod, but she just overlooks my disapproval and lathers my face with the shaving cream. Her hands on my face, send my stomach into a knot of nerves.

“Now…” she says, jumping onto the counter and pulling me between her legs. “Let me do this, so stay very still” I am a man, and I can’t help the perverted side of my mind, as it’s going insane, while I try to keep my cool. “Are you alright?” she asks with a smile.

I fake a smile back, it’s fake, but something I never do. What’s a smile anyway? “I’m good” I nod, fighting off the urge to lean over and press my mouth against hers, or more. Much more. I’m standing there as rigid as I can, feeling the sharpness of the blade graze my chin. I don’t want to stare so I close my eyes instead, it’s not bad being pampered by a kid…girl…woman. I guess! I place my hands on what I think is the side of the counter, but they end up on her legs, I remove them quickly.

Her giggle fills the room, then she sighs “I don’t mind you know.” I ignore her and just continue to concentrate on things, besides the fact that I’m in the exact place, I constantly dream about being. Between her legs. I know that sounds bad, but it’s not like that’s all I want…I mean…ok never mind. Erase that thought. Anyways, I start to think of other things, all I need is for junior buildin a tent at this exact moment. That would seriously be a fucked up shitty thing to happen.

I’m so deep in thinking about guns, missions, Don, his daughters, anything other than sex. That I never see it coming. Suddenly her lips are on mine, her tongue slides over my mouth, and I for a split second suck on the bottom of her lip. Then it hits me, this is not right and I wont give in to it. I pull away and end up slamming into the back of the wall. “What the fuck Crystal?” I snap at her as she stares at me with those dreamy eyes.

“I’m sorry…” she says, but the grin on her face tells me otherwise. I wipe my mouth and storm into my room. “You kissed me back…” she yells as she follows, damn she’s worse than those puppies that are always on your heel.

“No I didn’t…I was thinking of someone else.” Damn, that was not the best thing to say. Another boom of thunder rocks the house and she jumps close to me. “This getting close to me has to stop…I don’t like it. Just stand over there.” I grab her by the arm and stand her a few feet away from me. “That’s fucking better.”

She looks at me like a scolded puppy. “Your such a liar…” she crosses her arms and bites her lip. I swear if she starts to cry, I’m carrying her ass back to her room. If she thinks she can continue fucking with my mind, she is really wrong. I’m not giving in to this kiddy game any damn longer. Nope! Wait where is she going.

Without another word she storms out of my room and slams the door behind her. I shrug, and look out the window. I notice the guy that works with Crystal and Nick running into the barn to keep away from the rain. I guess that is where he stays. Hum…I wonder if he knows where Kevin is and when he’ll be back?

I yawn and feel on my newly shaved face, my lips curl into a smile as I remember the softness of her lips against mine. Whatever. This means nothing, it’s just a kiss, I’ve had plenty of those. I lay down and rest my arms behind my head and close my eyes. The image of her puppy face keeps appearing and I start to feel like a real asshole.

A couple of minutes later, after a concert of thunder rolling and flashes of lighting, there is a light knock on my door. My eyes roll unintentionally, I obviously know who it is “Come in…” I say unenthusiastically.

"Erm...uh...I know you're mad at me...and...I hate to bother you...it's just that...I really don't like storms and...um...normally my family is here. Since Nick is mad at me too...I just thought...maybe” she looks around the room, jumping at the sound of thunder.

I know what she is going to ask me next. Quite frankly, there is a part of me, that wants to send her back where she came from. Then that stupid feeling in the pit of my stomach returns and I find myself drawn to her, like a moth to a flame and I’m more than sure I’m bound to get burned. “Maybe what?” I raise my eyebrows.

“Well…” I like it when she bites her lip, she looks so innocent. “Can I please stay here with you. I promise that I’ll keep quiet…I’ll just go to sleep.” her eyes look up at me and then to the floor.

I can’t help the smirk on my face, “Alright…but I swear if you say so much as a peep, I'm getting the fuck up and dragging your ass to your room. Are we clear?" she nods and hops into the bed, snuggling up under MY blanket. We both lay facing away from each other, I can feel her ass against mine as she gets comfortable. Silence fills the room as I begin to close my eyes.

“Jack…you wanna play a game?”

I groan loudly, making it clear that ‘I don’t wanna play no damn games’, but I rather voice my answer, so she gets it. “Hell no! I thought I said not a peep!”

“Alright” she says, bumping me with her ass again.

Later that night, I groggily force my eyes open, I’m startled to see a fucker standing over us, all in black from head to toe, with a shot gun in his hand. Then I notice he’s not aiming at me, I turn to look at a sleeping Crystal and I shove her with all my might, sending her flying off the bed, and to the floor with a thud.

I jump out of the way, I hear the echo of the shot, and the clink of the shell hitting the wooden floor. Particles of the bed, sheets and pillows cling in the air, making it hard for me to see him. I notice as he dashes out of the room. Without thinking, I grab the pistol from the drawer and run after him. Shit, I forgot to check on Crystal.

I see him at the bottom of the stairs, and I throw myself from the middle of the steps and knock him to the floor. Right away I take a punch to the face. Fuck, not again in the same day. Motherfucker! I take a hold of his throat and squeeze as tight as my strength will let me. I can hear him gasping for air, and his hands are flying and landing all over me, one to my arm, my chest, and my jaw. I knock his head into the side of the stairs, then I get a palm to the nose, not again. Son of a bitch, that hurt even more.

Instantly I let him go and my hands fly to what feels like a shattered nose. He sprints towards the door. So I get up and ignore the pain shooting through my face and I fly through the air, landing on him and making him crash onto the coffee table in the living room. We roll around and I try pulling on the mask, but it doesn’t budge. “Who the fuck are you…?” I let my fist connect with his face.

Suddenly I see nothing but fuzz and realize I’m on the floor and he’s getting away. I pull out the gun and aim, fitting my finger into the trigger hole and I begin to press on the lever. “JACK NO!!!" Crystal shouts from the base of the stairs, staring at me in utter shock.

I should have killed the bastard. My chest is heaving with anger, my nose is bleeding and my head hurts like hell. I can't stop trying to guess what this guy wanted. He knew exactly how and where to hit me. Plus why would he aim at Crystal? Nothing makes any sense to me.

End Notes:
Thank you once again to my BF for helping me out with this...
Chapter 9 by kevmylove

My head is pounding when I open my eyes, and my nose feels intensely swollen. I’m laying flat on the sofa, and I can hear bantering coming from the kitchen. I try to sit up, but I feel the room spin and a pain shoots through my head. I turn to the side and notice the broken coffee table and shattered glass on the floor. Crystal! My mind starts flashing back to last night, and I sit up and plant my feet on the floor. “Crys…tal” my head drums no matter how slow I say the name.

“It’s not his fault. It could have been just anybody! Nick back off…Howie tell him to back off.” I hear Crystal and Nick.

With all the effort in my body I get up and walk towards the kitchen, my body aches and my whole head feels like it might bust any moment. “Crystal…” I finally make it into the kitchen and they all fall silent.

“Damn…” Nick snickers “They kicked your ass…you sure you weren’t at the bar with Howie?” Nick turns to look at Howie that sips on his coffee.

I glare at Nick and stare at Howie, he’s got a black eye, a busted lip and one of his knuckles is turning purple. Crystal smiles in my face “Hey, you don’t even know Howie do you? Well Howie came to work with us a week before you appeared…Howie this is Jack, and Jack this is Howie. He got in a brawl last night at the local bar.” she chuckles, and now I’m staring at her. Does she realize she got shot at last night?

“How’s it going?” he says, I’m guessing he’s Hispanic, he’s got darker skin than me and his hair is dark brown. He doesn’t really look me in the eyes, he just nods and continues to sip on his cup of coffee. Whatever? As long as he’s not another asshole like the dumb blonde. “Well we better get to work?” Nick walks out, and the Howie guy gets up and trails behind, I’m a little surprised he’s wearing a turtle neck, although it is chilly this morning.

“I’ll be out in a minute.” Crystal says as she picks up the dishes from the table.

I’m confused as to how calm and collected she is. “Uh…are you alright?” I have to ask, I mean being shot at even comes to a surprise to me, it could be cause I’m always doing the shooting. She stops and tilts her head to the side and then begins to laugh. Oh shit! That’s the start to an outbreak of tears, I just fucking know it.

“NO…I’m not ok! I was shot at last night, I mean never in my whole life have I ever…and then you decide to be macho and come out here and fight the lunatic…look at yourself!” she takes a deep shaky breath, and all I want to do is roll my eyes, but I don’t want her to catch me doing it. “Then…” she looks up at me with tears in her eyes “You were going to shoot him…you were going to kill him.”

Now I know not to tell her what I do for a living. I sigh, this is some fucking drama I’ve gotten myself into “Well he broke in here, then shot at you and beat the hell out of me.” I raise my arms, she fucking frustrates the hell out of me. What does this girl want from me? I’m not a damn saint. “I was just trying…”

“Stop! I’m so disappointed in you…to shoot a man down…to kill someone. No one deserves to die. Even worse he could have blown YOU to bits.” her hand comes up to caress my face, but I move back. I’m more afraid of the pain she can cause my face, than her touching me in general.

I roll my eyes, un-fucking believable, I try to be a man and stand up to the intruder and now I’m a macho ass. Nice! “You know your fucking confusing. If I wouldn’t have done shit, you would be complaining that I was a damn pussy! Whatever!” I turn to walk…ok, more like limp my way back to the couch. I remember I don’t have a bed, cause it has a huge fucking hole in it.

“Jack! You should come out with me. Some fresh air would do you good.” Is it me or is this girl bipolar. Was she not just down my throat with tears in her eyes? Now, she is standing in front of me, hand on her hip and the usual bright smile on her face. “Well what do you say?” she raises her eyebrows.

“I say your crazy woman. That is what I say.” I couldn’t keep it in. Did she just roll her eyes at me? My eyes lock with hers and slowly trail down her neck, to the roundness of her uh twins, to her exposed naval. Holy shit an exposed belly button! Concentrate Jack. Her black jeans are snug against her hips and I can’t help, but stare at her. Her mouth is going a mile a minute and I have no idea what the hell she’s going off about. What I do know is that, my urges are seriously getting to me. “Jack…did you hear me?”

I have to be smart and say yes to her, so she’ll shut her pretty mouth up. “Yeah sure, let me put my boots on and I’m outside with you. Just so you’ll stop yapping.” I slowly make way to the sofa and with effort slip on my boots and my sweater. She waits at the backdoor for me, I get a look at myself in a mirror hanging in the living room. My face isn’t black and blue like I imagined, but my cheek is and I have a bandage over the right side of my head.

“Come on…your fine” she says impatiently, taking my hand. We make way into the chilly morning, as I pull the hood over my head. “Hey guys, Jack is going to help us out today.” she stands with a wide grin as she puts herself to work. I can’t keep my eyes from staring at her ass as she actively moves around the barn.

Memo to self…go to town and get laid tonight. Or I’m seriously going to make a big mistake and well I don’t want to do that. I rather fuck around with someone else, than play with her emotions. I know I shouldn’t care, but I got to admit that...well I fucking do. The kid isn’t so bad.

Before I know, I’m alongside of her and we are both hauling ass. The nasty swollen feeling on my face is gone, along with the pounding headache. I’m feeling good, lifting up squares of hay and moving them from one end to the other. She does it with such ease, like the damn things don’t poke you or aren’t heavy.

It’s just us two, Howie and Nick have gone to town for some supplies and she’s voiced that they always stay to have drinks. So end up getting back till late at night. Good I don’t like either one of those fuckers, although Howie is quiet, he’s a little on the weird side. “So you do this everyday?” I ask her as I lift the last one and throw it into the haystack.

“Yeah…they all tease me about being a natural at it. Even though I grew up in the city, I really like it.” she dusts her hands off and walks close up to me. Here we go again, she just never gives up. “You want to go to town?” she suggests as she walks by me.

Town? Why not, maybe I can find a girl to sneak in later or better yet to sneak out to see later. All I need is the kid to find me getting down with some random chic. “Fuck yeah…let’s go.” Did I just sound excited? The things that can make you happy, when you live in some shit hole town.

“Glad to see you excited about something” she giggles as we enter the house.

Damn that shower was just what I needed I’m feeling like new, got my jeans and skull buckle on with a wife beater and my boots. I fit on my cap and start to drum my fingers on the table. Damn women take forever to get dressed and they end up looking the same or worse than they…

I swallow hard as I see her hop off the last step, she’s wearing a white cotton halter dress with a pair of flip flops and her blonde hair bounces with each step. “Is something the matter?” she asks, trying to read my expression.

“What? No, I’m good. It’s just you look…”

She giggles and takes the keys off the hook on the wall “Yeah well…come on let’s go.” she slips her warm and soft hand into mine and pulls me to her car. We both hop in and head into town.

Chapter 10 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Thank you all once again for all your feedback and for taking the time to read. Sorry this one is a little longer than the rest, but it's worth it. I think!

Once in town, I look around, everything is crammed onto one street. The first thing we pass is the Courthouse, looks like a miniature white house to me, in red brick. A couple of minutes later we hit the main street, to my right there’s a fire station, a Re Max office, an electronics and gift shop, an extreme sports store and a bar. On the right there’s a church, a tall apartment building, furniture store, the famous diner, the pharmacy and what looks like a movie theatre.

There’s a handful of people on the street, staring at the bug, waving at Crystal with smiles. She smiles back and waves, even calls out some names. I watch her as she interacts with the towns folk and it makes my stomach flutter. It must be damn nice to be known, to have people call your name and want to be greeted by you. It must be nice.

She parks in front of a bookstore “Come on I have a book I want to buy. I saw it on the net.” I like her giddiness, it makes me warm inside. That sounds so fucking gay, I nod at my softness. She really makes me mad, its because of her I think stupid shit like that. “Cool” I try to sound collected.

“Good” her smile beams as she takes my hand again and leads me into the bookstore. “I’m looking for Twilight, it’s the hype on the net. So I want to read it, not like I have anything else to do. I can read it to you?” she smiles as if this would make me jump for joy.

“Uh…I don’t know. What’s it about? Funny looking characters and talking fish? Or green eggs? No…about…”

She cuts me off with a groan and then replies “No, I told you I was sorry about those, this is a love story…about a vampire and a mortal who are impossibly in love with each other, but their feelings are so strong that they make it work. Even though in a moment of thoughtlessness he could kill her…” she sighs and squeals as she takes a book with a black cover and two hands holding an apple off the bookshelf.

“Sounds fuck…mmmm” she covers my mouth.

I look at her startled as she stares into my eyes and I ask her ‘What?’ with a shrug, “No cursing in here…the owners are older and well…it would be disrespectful for them to hear your potty mouth. Now I’m going to remove my hand.” She starts to move her hand, then I take a playful bite at it.

“Ouch…that was so uncalled for.” she giggles.

I haven’t smiled or laughed in years, not much to smile about in my life. Unless the smirk on my face when I see my fat checks or who I'm going to screw with count? Maybe. I chuckle and I can tell that she’s as startled as I am to see me bare my teeth, other than when I‘m clenching them in annoyance. I seriously didn’t know I could smile.

While she pays for her book, which I offered to pay for, but she declined. I check out the music section, there isn‘t one fucking CD in sight. Is it weird that they only have vinyl records? I trace them with my finger and come upon one of ‘The Flamingos‘ it’s a single of the song ‘Hey There Lonely Girl’ I chuckle, I had no clue they made singles back then. I place it on the counter and for the first time in days I take out money. Crystal laughs as the older couple look at me a little fearful.

“It’s ok…he doesn’t really bite!” she says, looking at her hand that I just bit. She giggles and takes my hand, making me almost run out of the store. “They all look at you funny, I think it’s the goatee and the tattoos.” she opens the car and takes my album and her book and throws them on her seat, and locks the car back up. “Come on…I have to go to the pharmacy and then you can see your Sheeba” she smiles.

I spot the bar across the street “Hey how about I meet you outside the pharmacy. I have something to do real quick.”

“Jack isn’t it uh…” she looks at her watch “Early to be drinking right now, plus there are no women to pick up in there.”

I raise an eyebrow, nice, she thinks I’m a horny drunk. “Well first of all I don’t crave a drink and second of all…never mind. Just I’ll meet you there alright”

She raises her hands in defeat “Alright, but if you crawl drunk out of there and…” I give her my evil eye and she shuts up and gives me a crooked smile “Sorry…I’ll see you in a bit then.” I watch as she walks away, the dress fluttering around her as she strides to the pharmacy.

I cross the street and enter the bar, with one thing on my mind. The bartender looks up at me, I know it’s because I’m this stranger lingering around their town “Hey man! How’s it going?” I try to sound casual.

He raises an eyebrow, I’m thinking he’s going to pick me up and throw me out, like they do in the movies. Funny how I remember clips of movies, but don’t remember ever seeing an entire one. “Good thanks, what can I get for ya?”

I clear my throat “Actually I just have a quick question if you don’t mind.” he nods for me to proceed “Was there a fight here last night?” I wait with anticipation, this answer can save the Howie guy’s life. Because if there was no fight, he sure as hell has some explaining to do.

“Oh last night” he ponders for a second and then his face shows some recollection. “Yeah broke out in here, about four of them, and then it moved on outside. It was some Hispanic boys fooling around. You know how it is when people get drunk.”

I nod. I sure as hell know how it is when you get drunk, all hell can break loose out of nowhere and for no reason. “Thank you.” my eyebrows furrow, in confusion. Did I just have a decent conversation with someone? I did, no foul words, hostility, threats and definitely no weapons involved.

Crystal is waiting for me at the Pharmacy and has her usual bright smile as she takes my arm and pools me towards the body shop around the corner. I see her, my baby, she’s all smashed up in the front, her hood is up and she’s missing her motor. The mechanic greets us and she introduces me as the owner, he says everyone that sees my baby falls in love with her and that he still has a lot to do, that she should be up and running no later than Sunday.

After running my hands over her smooth exterior I let out a sigh and walk back to the car with Crystal. I find myself walking like a robot next to her, and for some reason I’m really uneasy. I feel like someone is watching us, I start to look up and down the street, through the cracks of buildings, in the windows of the stores, but nothing seems out of the ordinary. If I wasn’t so stubborn or afraid of showing, said emotions I would place an arm over her. Just to be safe.

All my thoughts are blurred when my eyes fall onto the perkiest pair of tits I’ve seen in my life. My gaze continues down to an exposed stomach, with a silver stud tucked in the belly button. If I’m not mistaken I can almost see what I’ve been craving, for days, with her itsy bitsy skirt. I remember that the face has to go with the body. So I look up and I’m blown away by the beautiful brunette that approaches Crystal all smiles. Of course Crystal doesn’t seem as amused as I am, by the sluttish angels presence.

“Oh my god Crystal, I haven’t seen you in like forever. How are you?” she’s talking to her, but looking me up and down and I’m standing there, full of myself. “Who’s your friend?” she gives me a smile. A smile that let’s me know that today is my lucky day.

Crystal nudges me “This is Jack, he’s staying at the ranch. While his car gets fixed.” she explains, but is totally ignored by the spunky brunette.

“No way you’re the owner of the Nova? That car is just hot…” she begins to walk away and now I follow like a faithful puppy. Of course not without letting her walk ahead and checking out her ass. Approved, both of my heads yell at me. “So listen Jack, my friends and I are going to hang out at the bar later on tonight.” she bites the corner of her lip as one of her hands slides over my chest “You should really come…” she says the last word seductively, unless it’s my hormones making me hear things.

I notice Crystal walking to the bug “Oh I gotta go, but I’ll definitely see you later tonight.” I almost trip as I turn back around and head to the car. I can’t get enough of that ass, swaying from side to side as she walks away. When I reach the car, I can tell that the kid is no longer happy. Her eyes look at the ground instead of me and she flings my record and her book to the backseat as she gets in. “Everything ok?”

“Yes, I just hate her. She’s such a hypocrite and a slut. I don’t like her, but I see that you two kicked it off just fine.” she fakes a smile, turning on the radio, but it makes a weird noise and shuts down. “Oh that is just nice…I just bought that last year.” she groans as she backs out of the bookstore with a screech of the tires. “Is there anything else you want to do?” she asks, as we wait at the only intersection light.

I nod, trying to read her eyes, but there expressionless as she stares ahead. “No…so why don’t you buy a new stereo?” I ask with a shrug.

She turns and gives me a glare “I’m not rich Jack, I can’t afford something like that. It doesn’t matter…” she let’s out a heavy sigh and continues to stare ahead.

An idea springs in my head, but I’ll get back to it later on tonight, for now I just want her to smile again. “So, that book of yours…”

She cuts me off “You don’t have to pretend that you want me to read it. I know I’m just a kid to you…” we turn onto the ranches driveway and she parks, takes out the book and hands me the record and then storms into the house. That girl is something else, mood swings galore… I walk up to my room and I stand staring at nothing for a bit.

“Here” she waltzes into my room with an old record player a couple of minutes later “It was in Mason’s room.” she places it on the dresser and walks into her room. I haven’t thought about the Richardson mission for quite a while, it even makes me flinch internally at how much I can forget around her. I dismiss it and tell myself I’ll think about it later.

I wonder what’s crawled up her ass. She was just fine a couple of minutes ago “Hey, you don’t want to hear it?” I yell from my room, as I blow the dust from the player and put the record to play. Why am I even worried? Its better if she’s mad, she’ll leave me the hell alone and I can hear this song in peace on my…I do a double take as I notice the bed is made up. I remove the blanket and there is no more hole. “Hey Crystal…” I hear her sniffling and I can’t help but roll my eyes. Lately it’s like she’s all emotional and shit, all of a sudden she starts bawling. I ignore the waterworks and lean against the wall “Yo…my bed doesn’t…”

“Yeah, I had them replace it for you. While we went to town.” she wipes away the tears.

“Oh!” damn her for being so kind and giving. “Thank you”

She shrugs and looks up at me with her usual puppy eyes, “I just don’t want you to leave yet, so I’m thinking if I keep you comfy you’ll stay as long as you can.”

The good moment without her getting all mushy didn’t last to damn long. What is with her? Maybe she’s lonely, I don’t see much of Nick around, then again it could be me keeping him away. Plus she keeps mentioning her father and…naa…he’s to young to be her dad. There has to be someone older here. I’m being ridiculous.

Her mouth suddenly curves into a smile and she suddenly jumps on to me hanging on to my neck and planting one right on my lips. I see it’s nothing to her, but as for me, there was that electrifying feeling again. I hate it. “I’m so glad that you like it…” she still clings onto me as I walk backwards towards my room.

“Alright that is enough hugging me…don’t do that again.” My record is playing and the song is shaking through the roughed up speakers on the O.G. record player.

The moon maybe high
but I can't see a thing in the sky,
'Cause I Only Have Eyes For You.

I plop onto the bed and stretch out my legs, placing my arms under my head and closing my eyes. All the while I’m ignoring the girl standing by the record player, the nerve of kissing me again. To get rid of the fantasies swimming in my mind I start to sing…I’ve never sung before, but I feel the need to right now. Plus this song sounds so damn familiar. “You are here…So am I…Maybe millions of people go by…
but they all disappear from view….And I Only Have Eyes For…”
I jerk up as I feel a weight on my legs and when I open my eyes there she is straddling my lap and staring at me.

Of course instead of pushing her off of me or yelling like I usually do, I just gaze into her eyes. Watching as her face inches slowly towards mine, my heart is thudding ten times more than normal and my breathing has already elevated. I close my eyes as I feel her lips brush against mine and I can’t help but engulf her mouth. I know I’m kissing her harder than I want to, but my craving for her is growing by the minute.

I’m surprised at myself, my hands usually fly to certain areas that you can already imagine, but instead one cups the back of her head and the other one runs up and down her back. Shit, I don’t think I’ve ever wanted someone so much like I want her right now. I feel her hands under my shirt, they run slowly over my stomach and up my chest.

Finally my hands catch up with my brain and they start to make their way to my favorite spots. One hand cups one of her breasts, as the other one finds its way up her dress, I squeeze her inner thigh and my fingers slip under the seam of her panties. Usually I know exactly what to do to a woman, if she likes it good and if she doesn’t oh fucking well, but at this exact moment I’m not sure what I’m doing, I’m going on instinct here.

The warmth of her body pressed against me, feels so good. Her mouth joining with mine, makes my whole body, especially junior pulse with eagerness. She suddenly gasps against my mouth and I realize that I’ve slipped a finger inside of her.

Our silence is broken as she whispers “Jack…tell me you want me” it almost sounds like a plea. Damn it, I want her…I need her…if I didn’t love her so much…I would definitely, take full advantage of this hell of a moment. What in the hell did I just think? Love? This isn’t love, its just an irrational urge to fuck her. I need to get laid that’s all, and that’s what I’m going to do. Get laid.

I hesitantly stop my hands from their playing and place them on her hips, abruptly picking her up and flinging her onto the other side of the bed. She looks at me startled and gets up on her knees, she opens her mouth to say something, but I raise my hand. “Don’t even…I told you this is not…going to happen. Look I‘m sorry I didn‘t mean to do what I did. I just need to get laid that‘s all.”

That was smooth Jack, very fucking smooth. I can see the pain in her eyes, and they are most likely to start leaking any moment. So I throw on my sweater and pull on my cap. Stop the record from playing for the third time and begin for the door. “Jack…please don’t leave. I know you feel something for me, I just felt it. You can’t…avoid…”

“How many times do I have to say it…your just a kid! Damn it Crystal the only thing I felt, was the urge to fuck the life out of you…I wont deny it. That’s it, you want more from me, but I don’t’ have shit to offer you. So get me out of your head.”

I storm out, knowing that I’ve definitely hurt her this time. It hurts…my chest literally feels like it’s going to explode with anger, confusion and this unknown, pain in my ass emotion, that I’m imagining is love. Love...for Crystal.

Chapter 11 by kevmylove

I double step down the stairs as I put the gun in it’s usual place, between my back and the waist of my pants. There is no way I’m leaving the house without it, I might have to use the bitch. Just as I walk off the porch, the familiar white truck pulls up and out steps blondie in his cowboy get up. He cracks me the fuck up, in his boots, checkered shirt and that ugly ass cowboy hat he never takes off. I bet he gets busy with that shit on.

We walk right past each other, he gives me a deadly look and of course I return the gesture. I pull the hood of my sweater over my head, damn sweater I’m attached to it. I decide to walk to town, the sun is barely going down and I should get there before dark.

The walk is actually shorter than I thought, before I can feel tired or protest, I can see the church and the rest of the small town. I fast pace my ass all the way to the bar, I’ve given up drinking, but I’m on the frustrated side and my plan is to a couple of drinks and get laid tonight. I take a seat at the bar, the bartender gives me a smile and I order a Jack and coke. Taking small swigs to make it last longer, I scan the place. There is no Holly, but a lot of weird people, including the Howie guy, he’s sitting in the corner, twirling around a beer and staring directly at me. I don’t like him…not one fucking bit.

I look away from him and up at the bartender, now that I’m here I might as well get me some info. Still got a mission to do. “So…um…this Richardson guy…he leave often?” I’m hoping he wont brush off my question or tell me to shut the fuck up.

The older man looks at me and leans over, “You sure ask a lot of questions!” he then smiles and lets out a chuckle “Just joking…yeah he leaves every two weeks, to do business in Lexington. He also picks up his son, got divorced a couple of years back to his nice wife. She moved back there, it was an ugly separation.” the man nods his head. It must have been ugly.

Once again I scan the place and notice that Howie has disappeared from his table, he really makes me uncomfortable. “So…he leaves on business huh? When he comes back he’ll have his son.” I can’t help, but smile. Sounds like I came right on time, he’ll have the kid with him.

“Yup, every other week…he is the owner of the ranch your staying at.”

“Yeah I figured that out when I saw some pictures. So this kid the only one he got?” I don’t’ want to sound like a detective, but I gotta know these things. Don’t want to kill someone I’m not supposed to, although Don would never fuck up like that. Speaking of Don I should try calling him again later.

“Well he…” the bartender starts.

“JACK!! You came” I don't even care that he didn't finish his sentence, Holly stands next to me, her smile is almost as bright as Crystals, she’s probably only a couple of years older too. I look her over, she’s fucking smoking, big brown eyes, plump lips, short brown hair that hangs right above her neck. My eyes trace down her bare shoulders and rest on the roundness of her tits. Damn!! She’s wearing the smallest shirt I’ve seen, and her skirt is ruffled and rests right at her hips. “Hey there Bill” she looks at the bartender as he gives her a nod and starts to fix drinks. “Come on we are over there” she takes my hand and like I child I let her guide me.

I can’t help but let the woman go first, I watch as the ruffles of her skirt bounce up and down, giving me a peak of what’s under. If possible I would fuck her in the bathroom right this minute. Just pull her in, lift her up on the counter and uh…uh…uh…! We stand at the table, it’s crawling with woman, blondes, redheads, brunettes…fat, skinny, tall, short. I’ve fucking died and gone to heaven…or hell, whichever way you want to see it.

Their all talking over each other, but go silent once they see me standing there. I can’t help, but grin at their roaming eyes, looking me up and down. There is plenty of Jack to go around. I take a seat next to Holly who sips on her drink flirtatiously and places a hand on my leg, squeezing it once in a while with each chuckle. Quickly they start to gossip, I’m feeling out of place, but at the same time I get an eye full of tits and ass.

“Oh my god did you hear about that woman that was slain in her car?” one of them pipes with a sharp breath.

“I know…it’s so scary with psychos out there…” another one adds.

Holly leans over and giggles “Sounds kinda sexy to me…” she is so clueless to how there is nothing sexy about being so frightened, that your throat is being sliced. Dumb braud.

I can’t help it, there is a smirk on my face. I did it! I wonder what they would do? If they knew that so called psycho is sitting at their table. I laugh a little, and continue to hear their stream of chatter as Holly puts herself to work on my leg, rubbing her hand around in circular motion right near junior. I can feel the throbbing surging and the heat running through my body. I haven’t really cooled down from my encounter with Crystal earlier. Why the fuck did I even think of her? My hand grips Holly’s wrist and I place her hand back on the table, she just smiles, she knows what she’s doing.

Now I didn’t plan this but a couple of hours later I am shit faced and being dragged out the bar by two REALLY attractive women. Holly and another bouncy blonde friend, my eyes are going from one set of twins to the other. “Heeey…let’s have a threesome” the blonde giggles and looks up at me.

I try to make out the woman, I think she has green eyes, but I’m not sure. I start to laugh. Hum….I threesome doesn’t sound bad, the last one I had…oh you don’t care about that. Let me just say it was a fucking riot!

“Don’t let him fall…” I hear Holly’s voice, as my back makes contact with a car and then a mouth covers mine. Now I’m pretty trashed, but I’m not dead, so my hands fly directly to the unknown woman’s ass, I can tell she’s wearing jeans, but my hands are rubbing away. A nice sensual moan escapes her as she’s pulled away from me, my hands trying to find her. “Get your own.” I hear Holly’s voice again as she guides me into the passenger seat.

The drive is quiet and I’m just staring at the darkness that surrounds us as we leave the town behind. I start to think about her again, damn mind, it just loves to suffer doesn’t it. The way she kissed me, the warmth of her body, the sounds she made as I…

“We are here, looks like your friends are outside.” Holly interrupts my thoughts, I can tell that all the beautiful women of Greenville are fucking chatterboxes. I look as far as my blurry vision will let me. I can see two figures in the distance, looks like they are working on the bug. Then I jerk up as I feel Holly’s hands on Junior she’s once again doing that hand rubbing thing. It must be something she practices.

Before I know it, she’s straddling my lap and untying her shirt. I can see we are a distance from the ranch, all I need is to put on a show for the kid and her friend. My hands run up her legs and under her skirt, I need to work her up to be ready for me. I’m not beating around the bush tonight, I’m not in the mood. I just need to get myself off and hit the road Jack! I can already tell she’s a loud one, my fingers have barely made contact with her and she’s gripping my shoulders and already purring like a kitty.

She tries to kiss me, but instead I busy my mouth with other parts of her body. I can feel her hands unbuckling my pants, unbuttoning and unzipping. Then I feel them, her hands working at Junior. I like her, she doesn’t waste time, before I know it I’m deep inside of her and she’s grinding me with all her strength. Her hands are pressed against my chest, her head is leaned back and she is riding…me…

Even though I’m watching her, I can only see one person and that’s Crystal. I see her clearly like she’s the one there, which makes this more exciting to me. Damn woman, she invades my mind like a motherfucker. I close my eyes, hoping I can concentrate on the fact that it’s not her, it's Holly. It just gets worse, I find myself getting ready to release “Oh damn…” I hear myself mumble and then she comes to a halt, right when I’m about to go. My eyes open and I see her glaring at me, her mouth is pinched with anger and her arms are crossed. “What?” I ask.

“You asshole!!” she shouts and opens the door, pushing me out “Get out of my car…you jerk.” part of my body is hanging out and the other is still under her, she jumps over to the passenger seat and kicks my legs, making me fall with a thud onto the gravel. She leans over “I’m not Crystal!!! I’m H…O…L…L…Y!!” she slams her door shut and bolts like lightning. Nice, that was just nice. My wad is going to accumulate and I just might explode one of these days. Fuck! I clumsily zip up my pants and get myself up, dusting off the gravel all over me.

I start to walk towards the house, stumbling and talking to myself about how this town sucks. My car is smashed up in a shop, I have to kill a kid, Don hasn’t called me, I can’t get laid for the life of me, my nose still hurts and I think I’m in love. Damn Greenville and all it’s inhabitants. Once I reach the cars I notice Crystal leaning up against her bug with a really distraught look on her face. The Nick guy is in a fit of laughter and I’m guessing they got a glimpse of the show. Son of a Bitch!

“Hey…” I know I have a stupid grin on my face.

She looks up at me, her eyes are glistening with tears in the corners, the usual waterworks coming from her. “So I see Holly gave you the grand tour ride. Was it what you expected?” she mutters between clenched teeth.

Unintentionally I start to laugh, if only she knew “The tour wasn’t bad at all, the thing is she kicked me off the ride” I chuckle at the memory of the look on her face and her literally kicking me.

“You are such a fuck up!” Nick retorts letting go of the hood and it closes with a loud bang. “I’m out of here Crys…I can’t stand this guy.”

He’s trying to test me huh! “The feeling is fucking mutual.” of course I know I don’t stand a chance at the time, I can barely keep myself from falling over. As usual I check my back for the gun. Oh shit, it’s gone, must be in the bar, the street or Holly’s car. That is just fucking great. “I’m going inside…” I state and try to make my way to the house.

The blonde hops into his truck and drives off, I can feel her right behind me as I grab onto whatever is near me just to get into the house. Once inside I stagger over to the couch and plop myself on the side, resting my head on the armrest. She’s staring at me with those scolded puppy eyes. I internally groan “What?” I ask her, I already know, but I’m an asshole. What can I say.

“You’re an asshole!” she shoves my chest “You got all worked up with me and then you go to Holly…you’re a pig. I can’t believe that I’m even…that I even care about you.” she turns her back to start up the stairs.

“Wait…can’t you help me up?”

She comes back and pinches her mouth in anger “Fuck no! You’ll just have to crawl your ass up or stay down here…” with that she turns around and storms up the stairs and I here her door slam. I’m not crawling up those stairs like a bitch, I’ll just…stay…here…

As my eyes start to close, into a drunken comfortable sleep. A high pitched scream comes from Crystal's bedroom, along with a crashing noise and glass shattering. "Crystal" I shout, as I spring off the couch and stumble onto the floor. Don't you dare even think about laughing, but like a bitch, I quickly crawl my ass up the stairs.

Chapter 12 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Hey ladies, sorry it took so long to update. I hope you like.

Waking up with a fucking headache has become a ritual for me, my head is pounding and my stomach churning. I groan with the memory of how shit faced I was last night. Then I also remember the scream, Crystal’s scream. Without thinking I jerk up, making my head feel like it’s about to blow up. “Crys…”

I’m in my bed, I don’t recall how the hell I got here, outside it‘s still dark. I get up and slowly make way to her room, the door is wide open, things are scattered all over the place, her bed is a mess and the window is broken.

“Crystal” Panic surges through my veins, what if I didn’t crawl my ass up here on time last night. What if they kidnapped her? Killed her and who knows where she is now? What the hell happened last night? I hold the side of my head, its throbbing like a motherfucker.

“Stay still I’m trying to clean you up. Your boyfriend is passed out cold you know.”

I hear a male, quickly I know it’s not Nick’s whiney voice. “He’s not my boyfriend thank you very much. I would appreciate it if you hurry and patch me up before he gets up. I don’t want him to see me like this.”

See her like what? I run down, my bare feet patter against the wooden stairs. I’m startled by Howie’s presence in the house, he usually only stays in the kitchen. They both look up at me, he’s got one leg over her lap as he bandages the front of her head.

“What the fuck happened?” I ask, trying to tone down the over protectiveness in my voice. Not that I’m jealous or anything…he just looks a little to close for comfort, if you ask me.

“Oh hey man, I was just patching her up. She got hurt struggling with whoever sneaked into her bedroom last night.” he finishes up, and quickly moves to the side.

Crystal gets up “Thanks Howie… “ she makes way to the kitchen, ignoring my presence.

Howie grins “I heard the screams, I came running to see what was happening. I wasn’t sure if you were in the house. When I got here you were passed out cold on the steps, I think he hit you with something. Um…she was hiding in a corner in her room.” he shrugs “Well I have to get to work, the sun is coming up. See you later!” I watch him walk out of the house. Well there goes my suspicions about him.

Just as I make my way into the kitchen my cell phone vibrates in my pocket. About fucking time, I take it out and look at the caller ID. “Hello…” I answer making way towards the front door, for privacy.

“Skullz…hey I’m sorry for contacting you till now, someone is on our trail. I had to shut down the systems, you haven’t noticed? Disconnect phones, shut down the building…everything.”

Shit. What do I say to this, I’m infatuated with a kid, so my mind is so out of synch. I haven't even opened the laptop since I got here. “Damn, well do you know who it is…”

I can hear the man sigh, “No, I have no idea…CIA, FBI, LAPD, another fucking faction. Who the hell knows Skullz, so…you haven’t completed the assignment?”

“Actually no, there are a lot of things that work into that…I got shot at one of my stops on the way here, the girl here helped me out and now I’m just waiting for the Kevin guy to get here, he’s been, out wont be back till Sunday.” I can tell he’s trying to analyze everything I’ve just said, that’s Don for you. He has to make sure, your not trying to bullshit him, which I’m not. At least not entirely.

“Well…then I need you to drive down to St. Charles, Missouri. No need for a gun on this one, broken neck is requested. His name is…” I hear paper shuffling on the line “…Miller, Jeff Miller, he’s a lawyer…something about a case gone wrong. I need it done ASAP.”

I start trying to calculate the distance from here to St. Charles “Alright it will take me about five hours to get there, plus I need to get a car. I kinda crashed…”

Don chuckles “You crashed your Nova, what a shame…well Skullz, I’ll send you the info on Miller.” He pauses again, making me slightly nervous, “Don’t let me down on this Richardson assignment Jack…I’m counting on you.”

Jack? He doesn’t really call me Jack, unless he's pissed at me, which has only been about twice. Maybe he's second guessing my abilities, hell lately I second guess my own abilities.. “No worries Don, just waiting for the targets to get here. I wont let you down…I never have.”

“Alright.” with that he hangs up. I stare at the bug, wondering if the piece of shit will make a ten hour drive. It should. Now, I have to find a way to get the pissed off girl in the kitchen to lend it to me. More importantly find a way she wont want to tag along. That's all a need for the yapper to talk my ear off, while I'm concentrating on breaking someone's neck.

I make way into the house, the kitchen sink is running and plates are clinking. I stand a distance behind her I'm not sure if she's ignoring me or hasn't noticed I'm there "Hey!"

With a gasp, she whips around and drops the plate in her hand, it crashes onto the floor instantly shattering into pieces. "Oh shit..." she bends down quickly to pick them up. "You scared me." she mutters, carefully picking up the pieces.

"I'm sorry...!" I say as I bend down to help her out. I'm not really paying attention to the scattered pieces, I'm to busy trying to look at her bruised up eye and patched eyebrow. “Fuck!” I feel an intense pain run through my hand, then I look down and see the blood trickling from a deep cut in my palm. Motherfucker, seriously all these body injuries are really pissing me off.

I shoot up and curse a storm, as the blood drips from my hand. “Oh god Jack.” she says snatching a rag off the counter “Here” she covers my hand with it and guides me to the bathroom. I don’t feel the pain anymore, I’m more pissed at myself for being so damn clumsy lately.

She runs my hand under the sink, and takes out the first aid kit from a drawer. “I’m fine you know” I mutter. There she goes all nurse on me. I should have her walking around in one of those sexy nurse outfits with knee highs and some heels. Not that a nurse would wear heels, but she’d look sexy in them. Son of a bitch, that hurt like hell…I can’t help but yank my hand from hers and let out a groan or two. I’m not a sissy or anything, but alcohol and a fresh wound shouldn’t really have any contact with each other.

“Jack…” she waves a hand in my face and I look up from my daze “Give me back your hand! You have to clean it up or it will get infected.” she takes my hand back and carefully continues her nursing.

I’m guessing now would be the time to ask about the car. I open my mouth to ask, and you wont believe it, but I‘m nervous. What if she tells me to fuck off? I mean what I did last night was pretty shitty. Hell why am I even sweating it. If I want to I can take the damn car and screw what she thinks.

“Um…Crystal. I was wondering…” I sound like a fucking sissy. I gotta man up and just come out and say. “I need your car, I’ll be back tomorrow.”

She looks up at me, her eyes are full of fear “Your leaving? But…I…you can’t just leave.” tears nestle in her eyes and I really want to run out of the damn bathroom. What did I say this time? Well after last night I guess she was bound to bring out the waterworks. I’m a jerk, what can I say.

“Listen I’m just going a couple of hours away and I’ll be back. I don’t leave town for good, until Sunday when I get Sheeba.” I gave her a nod and walked out with my bandaged hand.

“But…I got attacked last night, what if he comes back…what do I do Jack?”

Oh for the love of christ, I forgot all about that. Poor kid, she’s not looking so good. “Um…what about Howie or Nick?” I throw out those names although I don’t like the idea of them in the house with her, late at night. I’m just sayin, I don’t trust them to protect her from this fucker that is out to hurt her, that‘s all.

“Well…what if I…um…I come with you. I promise I wont talk a lot and I’ll be good. I just don’t want to stay here Jack…please” She walks over to me and takes a hold of my arm, looking at me with a pout “Please…”

Damn it, who can resist those blue eyes. I REALLY shouldn’t take her with me, I’m going on a mission, I’ve never taken company on a mission. I‘ve never done, a lot of the shit I‘ve done lately. “Crystal I’m not sure, that is a good idea.”

“Please jack…don’t leave me here alone. What if he comes back…huh?” she gives me the signature puppy look and sticks out her bottom lip even more. “Jack…”

I roll my eyes “Fine, but no fucking talking, or asking me questions…I’m not making any special stops, if you wander off, I’m not looking for you. Lastly if I ask you to stay in the car, you stay.” she shakes her head like a child and a smile grows across her face, then she hugs me again, the one where she hangs on me by the neck, like a damn ape. Although, I have to admit it gets me all warm inside…oh fuck that is the most pussy thing I‘ve ever thought in my life…damn the kid…damn her.

Chapter 13 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:

I'm sorry about the font change in the middle of the chapter, i have no idea what the heck that is about. I tried to fix it over and over and it just wouldn't budge. Thanks again for reading and reviewing ladies.

I open up my laptop, that has been charging since Don called. Quickly the program comes up and there is the picture of my mission…he’s an older man, with salt and pepper hair and a clean cut shave, his name flashes at the bottom and the instructions on how to get rid of him. He can’t be any older than forty five. I start to scan my compilation of photos, I stare at them one by one, knowing that I’ve taken their lives. I roll my eyes I’m not sure why it slightly frustrates me lately, the fact that I’m a killer.

My stomach flips as I come upon the Richardson’s photo, he’s holding the little boy in his arms. Why would anyone want to kill a child, is beside me. I don’t get it, and quite frankly it’s fucking sick. The disturbing part is, that I'm the sick fuck that’s going to do it. Then again, it’s why I get paid and well if I want that damn vacation I've been dreaming of, away from this life. I’ve got to do what I’ve got to do. I haven’t decided where the hell I’m headed, but it sure as fuck is far away from here.

My bag is a mess, my shit is scattered everywhere it’s still a little odd that she didn’t take a peek. Maybe she did, then again she wouldn’t act so normal with me. I take my time to place everything back in order, although I don’t need any weapons, I’m not taking chances and I’m taking them with me. I pull on a clean pair of jeans, and black T-shirt and my boots. I pull on my beanie, then place my laptop back in it’s silver case, with skulls imprinted all over it, the only real gift I’ve ever received. Katy gave it to me for one of my birthdays, the girl was infatuated with me.

That was until I screwed both of her sisters and then all hell broke loose. She went nuts on me, crying and cursing up a storm, I thought I was a dead man. I don’t think Don would appreciate, me screwing with all three of his daughters, we all swore to secrecy. So far I think they’ve kept the secret, no, I’m still breathing, I know they kept the secret.

Just as I open the door, Crystal looks up at me with her bag in hand. Although she sounded fine a while ago, she has a sour look on her face. I knew she would still be mad at me about last night, I just hope she doesn’t bring anything up, I’m seriously not in the mood to deal with her melofuckingdrama.

“I’m ready…” I can tell her smile is forced, and suddenly I’m stuck with this pang of curiosity in my stomach. I’ll just have to fight the urge to ask her, I know damn well what the problem is.

I pull my bag over my shoulders, and give her a nod “Let’s go then…“ I walk past her and stride down the stairs, I can hear her right behind me.

As we exit the door, the big white truck pulls up and the cowboy hops out and runs up to her “Holy shit Crys…what the hell happened to you? Are you alright?” he says hugging her and running a hand over her bruised eye. He looks at me quickly “What did you do?” he towers over me.

I hate the fact that he’s taller than me and it makes me look inferior to have to look up at his gay cowboy ass. I furrow my brows in annoyance “What the fuck are you insinuating that I did that? Pfft…” I look over at her “Get him out of my face…”

“Come here…” she grabs him by the arm and drags him into the house, as I continue my way to the car. I can hear his voice thundering from inside, he sounds pretty pissed that she is leaving with me. I can’t help the smirk on my face as I throw my shit in the back seat. I’m not sure how I’m going to keep her from prying.

In the distance I can see a police cruiser coming into the driveway. Oh fuck, I sprint my ass up the porch stairs and enter the house, interrupting the twosomes light argument. I'm out of fucking breath, didn't realize how far...nevermind. “You gotta say you don’t know me…I’m not here…I don’t exist…you got it.”

Nick and Crystal look at me confused “What the fuck are you talking about shit head?” Did that blonde fucker just call me shit head? Ok, I don’t have time to worry about that right now, I’ll get him back later.

“Jack…what is going on?” she turns to look out the door and notices the cruiser parking next to her bug, she rolls her eyes and groans with annoyance. She turns to look at me, I think my panic stricken face causes her humor, because she is smiling. “Oh Jack, Holly forgot to tell you that her father is the sheriff.” she covers her mouth to muffle the laughter.

“What? Oh motherfucker!” now they are both laughing as someone knocks on the door, “I don’t exist” I whisper starting up the stairs.

“It’s just me…guys!” Holly’s voice drifts, from the porch “Jack left something in my car and my dad brought me to drop it off.”

I slowly walk towards the door “Hey…” I say, peeking my head out and looking around. I see the man sitting in the driver seat, I hate cops “My gun…is that what you brought me?” I whisper.

She pushes me in and follows “Yes you idiot…what the hell are you doing with a gun?” she raises an eyebrow, shoving the gun to my chest, I grip it tight and put it in it's usual spot.

“Hey I come from a really bad area…and you always have to carry something to defend yourself with. It’s a habit” Oh man, if her father would have even tried to trace this shit I’d be going to jail just about now. For something I didn’t really do, ok, so I shot them, but I did NOT hold up the place and that’s what I’d get busted for.

She nods annoyed by me, “Whatever…two little tips for your dumb ass…” I nod, hoping my anticipation will hurry her up, so she can get the fuck out. “Number one keep your gun to yourself and number two, don’t call another girls name…out while screwing someone.” she slams the door in my face and I hear snickers behind me.

Well ain’t that a bitch, she just burned me. I can’t even turn to face those two right now. “I’ll be in the car…” I mutter, as I drag my ass back to the car.

After a long and boring hour of the twosome going at it, we start our journey. I’m not sure at all how this is going to turn out, but it better be fucking hazardous free. I’m tired of being knocked over the head. I know that I told the kid to be quiet, but she’s being extremely quiet. I turn to look at her and she’s just looking out the window, her face unreadable, I can see her eyes moving about, checking out everything around her, her hands rest neatly on her lap.

“I can‘t believe my radio burned out?” she huffs, talking to herself, then turns to look at me with her beautiful blue eyes, my eyes slowly lock with hers, they trace every single detail of her face. She’s going to start talking my ear off now…ok she’s not, her hands rest on her lap again, I think she wishes it worked so the silence wasn’t so awkward.

“Your really quiet” I roll my eyes at my stupidity, wasn’t I the one that demanded she not talk or ask questions. Although a part of me needs to hear her voice, plus I want to know what she’s thinking.

She clears her throat “Weren’t you the one that told me to stay quiet, I’m just trying to stay out of your way. That’s all.“ she goes back to looking out the window.

“Yeah I guess I did, I just forgot that the damn radio was burned out. So what did your faggot ass friend say?”

I look over at her and catch a glare “He’s not a faggot first of all, I’ll have you know that he also rode the Holly express once and many other girls in town.” Ouch! I guess I deserve that. “Which means you had sex with Nick already.” she snickers.

“Wha…?”

Now her snicker is a full blown laugh “Yeah, you have sex with someone, that means you have sex with all the people that person has been with. Oh come on didn’t you have sex ed or just think about it in general.” she raises a brow, and right about now I feel like an idiot, cause I’ve never really thought about shit like that.

“Sex ed? Um, no I…well I…” My sex ed, was hands on experience and my teacher was one of Don's housekeepers, I don't remember her name, but she was a hot older woman. She let me explore and returned the favor, then by fifiteen I knew everything there was to know about getting laid. Hey that was my sex ed, but I'll keep the story and details to myself.

School? I never went to schooI. just about now, I find it embarrassing that I didn’t go to school, not one day since Don took me in. I usually went to the shop with him, hung out fixing up cars, and when I turned thirteen he bought a warehouse that he turned into an underground office, his employees were three older men that always wore suits. I never asked what it was they did. I just remember Don handing them laptop cases and a duffel bag each, just like mine. Never knew I'd end up being part of the staff, not to mention one of his most prized employees. “I didn’t go to school.” I mumble.

She looks at me puzzled, “You didn’t go to school, as of when? EVERYONE goes to school.” she shifts her body towards me, leaning the side of her back on the door.

Oh that is just great, now the chatter begins. I’m debating on what is better, utter silence or her voice bombarding me with stupid questions. “I didn’t go to school since I was rescued from the accident. The man that took me in…well…he never sent me.”

I turn to glance at her again and her eyes are trying to read me, I know they are. I hate that shit, then her mouth is slightly open, I can imagine in shock. I may not be school smart, but I’m street smart…that comes more in handy than math and biology. “I can’t believe that you never went to school, I mean how do you know so much then. Your not an idiot, well most of the time”

“Yeah thanks” I smirk, I love it when she’s a smart ass, it something I don’t see often. Then again I’m happy to see her softer side most of the time, even if I act like it annoys the shit out of me. Which I times it does. “Alright you can laugh now and get it out of your system” I’ve never told anyone that I’m an illiterate son of a bitch, but then again, I don’t think anyone can tell.

“Why would I laugh…” she shrugs, crossing her arms, she sits back and proceeds to continue with her looking out the window. We still have four more hours to go and I have a feeling the silence is going to remain the rest of the way. Maybe I’ll just hum a tune to myself, no that might be to gay. I’ll just drive…stare at nothing, maybe glance over at her a couple of times and drive.

Chapter 14 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
I hope you guys still love Jack!! Thank you!!

She sleeps peacefully her head leaned against the window, her body huddled up on the seat as I pull into the motel. If I leave her here at the motel, she won’t follow me and she’ll be out of any kind of danger. I carefully get out of the car so I don’t disturb her sleep and check in.

A couple of minutes later I exit the office and she is leaning against the car watching a couple at the end of the corridor going at it. “You know he’s going to hit her any minute.” she huffs, with a roll of her eyes.

“Well…that’s to bad for her…come on. I gotta go do something.” I start to pull my bag out of the car, and feel her eyes boring a whole through me. “What?”

“You just don’t give a shit about anybody, but yourself. Would you hurt a woman? I mean, just cause she’s being mouthy doesn’t mean she deserves to get beat up. Or does it Jack?” she crosses her arms over her chest and purses her lips in anger.

I guess I pushed a button “No…of course not I never said that. What I’m saying is that, I’m not going to get in the middle of a lover’s quarrel. You got that?” I sling the bag over my shoulders and grip my laptop case in the other hand.

Crystal pushes herself off the car and starts down the corridor “Fine I will…”

Motherfucker! This woman is so much better as the sweet, innocent and fearful girl I usually see. I throw my shit back into the car, “Crystal get your ass back over here, damn it woman.” I storm after her, but she has a good distance between us. Just as I reach her, the fucker let’s the girl that is many years younger than him have one in the face.

“Hey asshole” Crystal voices, making the man stop with a raised hand. Didn’t I say I wanted this trip to be hazardous free, I have a feeling I’m gonna get my ass beat down any minute.

“Who the fuck are you…” he snaps at her, then turns to look at me “You should put your bitch on a leash, so she stays out of other people’s business.” I look over at the frightened girl that is cornered by the overgrown man.

He’s about two feet taller than the cowboy and he has a mass of uneven muscles all over the place. I clear my throat, cause let me tell you it’s rare the times that I feel threatened, with exception of this week and a half of course. So right now, yeah, I feel threatened. He actually looks like a WWF reject. Ha, that was funny…OH SHIT!!

My feet dangle off the floor and my head hurts from him slamming me against the wall. Why in the hell is everyone so fucking overgrown around here? He’s got me by the collar, funny how now I’m the bitch about to get slapped around. “Yo…asshole…calm the…fuck down.” I try to voice, but he’s got a tight grip on my throat.

“Put him down you asshole.” Crystal holds the gun in her hand, my jaw drops and my hands fly to look for my gun. How the hell could I tread my scrawny ass over here and forget the gun. She doesn’t look frightened at all and she stands her legs sexily spread apart, the gun pointed directly at this monsters back and a really somber look on her face. Like if he makes a false movement she wont be afraid to pull the trigger.

“W..what…the fuck?” I pipe.

“Never mind you’ve trained her well…” the man chuckles letting me fall to the ground, with a thump. I choke a little, watching as the monstrous man grabs hold of the frightened girl and walks away.

I get up quickly snatching MY gun from this girl that I like better, quite and innocent. “Have you lost your fucking mind, pointing a gun at someone. You wouldn’t hurt a fly if you had too.” I can’t help it, I have to scold her.

“Yeah well he was choking you, not to mention that if he wanted to, he could have snapped you like a twig. I had to do something Jack. Plus my dad and Nick have taught me how to shoot a gun, there is nothing too it really. You think I’m just this stupid, innocent dumb ass girl. Don’t you?” she grabs her bag from the car and stands waiting for me.

“No, I never said that” ok, I didn’t saaaay it, but I constantly think it. I look at my watch, I have to kill three hours and show up at Mr. Miller’s home at 4 o’clock. When I enter the room I can still hear her bitching and moaning. I look around and notice two beds, I sigh with relief. I Don’t think Junior would behave with her in the same bed as me, I place my bags next to the nightstand and plop down on the bed. Exhaustion hits me all of a sudden and I close my eyes still hearing her voice rambling on, as I start to doze off.

A while later, I groan as I open my eyes and find the kid on my bed, she is on her stomach, legs in the air, elbows propped up, chin in her hands and that damn book opened. “Hey there sleepy head!” she mutters, not even looking up at me.

“Uh…don’t you have your own bed?” I let out a groan, stretch out, but stay in place.

“You didn’t even know I was here…plus at some point you even put an arm over me” she snickers, moving a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear.

I can’t help sounding like a child “I did not! What in the hell has gotten into you? What happened to that nice girl back at the ranch.”

“She is still here, but you don’t seem to like her much sooo…” She continues to read her book, not really lookiing up at me. I'm a little disappointed, I guess I'm so used to her always looking at me with puppy eyes.

I look at my watch and leap out of the bed “Holy shit I have to go…I’m going to be late?” I wash my face, pull on a clean black shirt, and make sure to stuff my shit under the bed. I’m hoping she won’t get to curious and check anything out. Well, she doesn’t have my fucking password, so she will be shit out of luck. I just have to make sure to give her the evil eye and remind her to stay away “I’ll be back in a bit, and stay out of my shit.”

“I wasn’t even thinking about going into your things…I’m not curious one bit. Although you’ve never told me what you do for a living, you know.” she closes her book, gets up and sits Indian style, waiting for my answer.

Didn’t she just say, she wasn’t curious. “You just said your not curious!”

She shrugs “I’m not, I just…it‘s normal to know what people do for a living. I haul hay and clean stalls, freakin lovely. What do you do Jack?”

I could tell her I’m a sales person, although they don’t dress like this, people would close their doors in my face or not bother opening, thinking I'm going to rob them. Hum…I’m an exterminator, yeah that’s a good one, I get rid of unwanted pests. Uh, technically I don’t know if these people are pests and well exterminators don travel around, like I do. Shit, I wont answer it, plain and simple “I’d love to play this get to know Jack game right now, but I’ve got to go…so I’ll see you in a while. Please stay out of fucking trouble. I don’t feel like being manhandled by a wrestler again, knocked on the noggin or shot at for the rest of the day.” I don’t even let her answer or ask anything else and I close the door behind me.

The drive to Miller's house was about twenty minutes, I’ve been standing against the wall for the past ten minutes. Finally the he parks his car and hops out. He holds a briefcase in his hand, and doesn’t even notice me standing there.

I take the last puff of my cigarette and then fling it onto the pavement, striding behind the older man, who hasn't even noticed me behind him. I’m having an adrenaline rush, my palms are sweating, my heart is pumping full force, there is sensation running up and down my enitre body and my stomach is in knots. Although lately I would almost bet that instead of a rush, it’s more like nerves.

I know what your thinking, it’s almost a joke for me to have nerves at this point, after hundreds of people. Yes, I said it…hundreds, I can’t help it if it pays to kill or if that was what I learned from my supposed father figure. Fucking sue me. I watch as he turns into the driveway of a big white house, and starts for the backyard, which is working out great for me, less chances of being seen.

Suddenly he turns and flinches as he sees me so close to him. I reach out and grab him by the collar and slam him against the backdoor, his hands try uselessly to pry my hand from his neck. He chokes, on his words, trying to speak. Without warning his fist jabs into my rib and I can’t help but fold over in pain, making me lose my grip on his neck.

He lets out a couple of gasps and frantically tries to open the door. “I know…what…you want?” he mutters, but I don’t answer. I groan and get back up. Just as he swings the backdoor open, I throw myself onto him knocking him over, and making his briefcase skid across the kitchen floor. I almsot sit on him, and struggle to keep him down on his stomach, but he puts up a fight. This is not turning out as easy as I thought it would be. Although lately what the fuck is easy for me? NOTHING!

My arm struggles to wrap around his neck, if I get a good grip I can do it quickly and get all this shit over with. “Please…I have a family…my son…”

I have him in a headlock in my left arm, and the palm of my right hand is up against his neck, as I find the proper way to do this. Then out of the blue I see this little kid standing in shock in front of us “Daddy” the kid squeals and his blue eyes lock with mine “Let…him go…” he demands with his little girl voice.

“Shut the fuck up kid…” I snap, as I squeeze on Miller’s neck.

“Please…don’t let…him…see…look…I…know…who…” he forces himself to speak “You are…your…Jack!!”

My grip loosens quickly “What the fuck are you talking about? How the hell do you know my name? Spit it the hell out…now!” I give him a squeeze. “Send the kid away…first.”

“O…o…ok…” he looks over at his son and I can see the fear in both of their eyes, it’s not the same feeling anymore. Usually I love to see the fear I impose on my targets, now I almost feel remorseful. Right now, I’m about ready to run the hell out of here and never do this again. “Son…bring me the briefcase…” he gives the kid a weak smile and the boy slowly lifts up the case and drags it over to where we are, his eyes never looking away from me. “Thank you…now go back to bed. Ok! NOW!”

I watch carefully as the kid disappears and I tighten up my grip on the man again “So what is this information…I want it now!”

He tries to nod and I loosen up again “Look, I’m Don’s lawyer, I’ve represented most of his men…and you guys aren’t many. I failed at this one, so now he wants me dead…look I have a family and I promise to get the hell out of here, so it looks like I’m dead…just please don’t kill me.”

I roll my eyes at his pleading, whatever he just said doesn’t help me any, Don has sent to kill many of his ex workers, friends, hell even family members. “That doesn’t seem to affect me in any way. Your just wasting my time and I have a check to collect after this.”

“NO…please…I was rambling…the real truth is that I have information that I’m not supposed to have. I have all of your files…Howie’s…Tom’s…Meyer’s…Don…Ed…you…I have your file. I can give it to you…just…please…It has your life in it…I just beg that you let me live and get as far away with my family as possible.” I’ve crawl off of his back and I lean against the kitchen wall as I watch him open the case with his shaky hands. "Tom is on some assignment I have no info on it...the other two I don't know...but...uh...Howie, he's supposed to kill some girl...but all his attempts have failed, so Don isn't too happy. he's sending Meyer's after him."

I grin, Meyer's wont need to do the job, because I'll be sure to do away with Howie as soon as I get home. He's the bastard that shot at us that night, the one that roughed up the kid and was tending to the wounds he had inflicted this morning. I could kill him right now, if it were possible. Who the fuck could want Crystal dead. She is just a damn kid. I knew he looked fucking suspicious...god damn it.

Miller's hand reaching out with the file in it, brings me back to the moment. I’m excited and a little frightened to see what this file contains…I want to know right away, but when I take it from his hands. I stand up, staring at it and then stuff it in the back of my pants where my gun usually goes. “Now you listen to me…you get the fuck out of here right now…not in an hour…later tonight…tomorrow…next week…RIGHT THE FUCK NOW!! I’ll be coming around in an hour and if your not gone…Miller…I’ll kill you and MAKE your family watch.” I really don’t mean that, god the kid was frightened enough, not everyone deserves to be traumatized for the rest of their god damn lives. “Now hurry the fuck up…and…thanks”

I rush out of the house, cursing a storm, I can’t believe I just let one of my targets get away. Never have I failed…I guess that phrase will never be said by me again. I hear the file crinkle against my back and the seat, as I hop into the car. It's little times that I've felt nervous, ok, before I came to Greenville, but I'm fucking nervous about this file. If it has my life story...it must have my family information and maybe my real name. I sigh and fight my curiosity, then drive off, I got to make sure the kid is still alive and well…then I’ll check the file.

Chapter 15 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Once again thank you for all your feedback, recognition on the forums and I'm sorry that I'm slow on responding to your reviews.

The next morning I sit on the edge of my bed, flipping the folder over and over in my hands. I want to rip it open, so what if it’s a bad thing, or maybe it’s a good thing. I hope there are pictures of my parents in there, I don’t even remember what they look like.

“Hey what time did you get back…” her voice is groggy as I hear her shifting in the bed. “Jack?”

I turn to look at her, putting on my usual asshole face “I got back late, I passed by a bar and…you know the rest.” the rest is that I sat in the car for a couple of hours, while the alcohol, which I had promised myself I would stay away from, circulated through my veins. I feel like such a bitch for sitting there for those hours, just staring at the file on the passenger seat and not having the balls to open it.

She let’s out a sigh and walks toward the bathroom “You know, keep doing that and your definitely going to catch something…” she huffs and slams the bathroom door.

I snicker, she’s so jealous and I’m fucking gloating. I wont catch shit, cause junior was here in my pants last night, but we wont correct her. Let her think that, it’s for the best. I throw the file on my bed and remove my shirt, throwing on a white wife beater and buckling up my pants.

I rush her out of the motel, I can’t wait to get to the house and find that bastard. I throw her the keys and ask her to drive, she looks at me a little surprised “Are you alright?” she asks with concern in her eyes.

I nod “Yeah I’m good, I just have something I need to read. It’s pretty important.”

“Uh…ok…” she smiles and hops in the driver seat revving up her bug, I sink into my seat with the file in my hand and we begin our journey back to Greenville. For the first hour into our drive, its quiet, just Crystal singing along to random songs on the radio, while I contemplate opening the file. I wish I could tell the kid, she can't sing for shit and to shut the hell up, but I'm not in the mood.

She clears her throat gazing over at me, I can see her from the corner of my eye, but I can’t bring myself to say anything. “Are you alright Jack? You’ve been kinda weird since this morning? Did something happen?”

Yeah something happened, I let a target go. Which I hope he actually left, because I already feel like I’m being watched, and once Don finds out a target got away. All hell will break loose. “I’m ok…I guess…” I want to ask her to pull over and look through the file before I do, I trust her…I think. I’ve never really trusted anyone before, I mean Don took me in and he took care of me, but I never fully trusted him or anyone else.

“You can tell me, you know Jack. If something is wrong?”

I clear my throat and look up at her “It’s fucking complicated and you would probably pull over and tell me to get lost.” I can’t help, but chuckle a little, imagining her kicking me out of the car.

“What? Are you a serial killer or something?” she lets out a laugh. If only she knew that I’m pretty close to it, I just don’t kill for fun. I kill cause I get paid real good money for it. “That was a joke Jack?” she stops laughing and turns to inspect my face. “Why don’t you just open it…you’ve been staring at that thing since this morning. Is it something bad?”

I let out a sigh, truthfully all her damn questioning me is driving me up the fucking wall. They are only making me more uneasy by the minute, but I can‘t help the damn impulse to tell her. “Like I said it’s complicated…remember I told you about the accident?” I clear my throat as I watch her nod her head “Well…I didn’t know or remember anything. Don says he didn’t get the chance to find out anything about me…now I find out this file contains…info of my life…” I can’t go on, somehow a fucking lump has grown in my throat.

“Oh my gosh, Jack…uh…well what are you waiting for, open it. Find out about yourself then. What are you afraid of?”

“I’m not AFRAID!” I protest, hearing my voice squeak a little, that’s never happened before. Ok, I am fucking scared shitless right about now, but it’s only because I don’t know what the hell this envelope contains.

The warmth of her hand on my knee, brings me back from my daze and gives me goose bumps. “It’s ok to be afraid Jack! There is nothing wrong with that you know, just like it’s ok to be nervous, friendly, kind, worried…and loved.” she almost whispers the last word.

Ignoring her, I slip a finger under the seal opening it slowly. I take a deep breath, as I pull out the papers from the envelope. The first page comes into plain view and the first words I see are ‘Alias: Jack D’ pulling the papers out a little more I see ‘Codename: Skullz’. I swallow the lump, that has nestled in my throat again, as I look over at the kid, before I finish pulling the file out just a little more. ’Birth Name’ what the fuck…I shut my eyes tightly, as I gulp down a swallow of air, my hands begin to shake. "Jack?" I hear her voice as my eyes snap open, I stare blankly at the long name 'Alexander James Mclean' “Earth to Jack” she utters.

“Alexander…“ I mumble to myself, unaware that it’s loud enough for her to hear me. For a moment I stop and take a deep breath, I can’t believe that I have a name, a real fucking name. “James…Mclean…” I look up at her, but she’s looking straight ahead. I’m not sure if she heard me or, she’s just trying to give me some space.

The car remains silent, as I return my gaze to the name. without really wanting to, I keep repeating the whole name, over and over in my head. I break from my trance, by her soft voice “Alexander James…hum…I like it. Actually I’ve always liked the name Alexander. You know…I think it suits you nicely. Alex works too you know.”

There she goes rambling, I just don’t like that name “Don’t call me that fucking name…ever…my name is Jack. You got it” I demand a little rougher and louder then I intended.

She flinches at the gruffness of my voice, “I’m sorry…I just…ok Jack.” My heart is racing and my palms are sweaty as she continues. “You know if you got this file from someone that Don knows, then why didn’t he ever tell you?”

My body stiffens and my eyes widen in fucking horror as I realize what she just said. That motherfucker knew all along what my name was and he didn’t even bother to tell me. But why? Just as I go to answer her, I’m jerked forward, and thrown back against the seat.

I turn to look at her, she fights against the steering wheel to keep the car on the road and luckily wins the battle. She lets out a loud, shaky sigh“Jack someone just hit us…” I turn to look, back expecting to see some idiot, in a streak of panic and instead I see a black Lincoln with all tinted windows. It hits me, fuck, we are in some deep shit.

“Crys…speed up…NOW!!!”

"Ok..." I watch the meter as it slowly climbs up to number seventy and the damn bug, starts to shake, like it's going to fall to pieces on us, just when we need the piece of shit to work. "Jack, I've never driven this thing past forty. I don't think it can..." she lets out a yelp, as I feel the car spin out of control and off the road.

The car comes to a rough stop as I look around, for the Lincoln “Fuck…“ I grumble, looking over at her “Crystal?” she’s frozen in place, just staring straight ahead, her hands so tight around the wheel, her knuckles are turning white. “Are you alright?” I ask, reaching my hand out towards her. She jumps as my hand makes contact with her shoulder “We have to get the fuck out of here, they are bound to be back.” I hurriedly, pop my seatbelt off, and help the kid as she starts to frantically struggle with her own.

“I can’t get this shit off! Who are they? What do they want? Do you know Jack?” Just as her seatbelt pops loose, my eyes dart past her and I see the Lincoln coming at us full force. Then all I hear is the BANG of the Lincoln colliding into the side of the bug. Holy shit, it's her side. 

I yell out her name, as I feel the car, turning, once, twice and again. I can't hear a sound from her, but I can hear the crunching of the gravel and the clinking of the car's metal bending with each turn. Once I feel the car come to a stop, I don't have time to look around for her. Since everything turns fuzzy, as I lose consciousness.

End Notes:
Thank you soooo much Kristal for all your help on this, once again, I wouldn't be able to do it without you. Your my muse. love ya!
Chapter 16 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Sorry it took so long, I hope your still interested. Also this is kinda my first real action scene, and I had a LOT of issues with it. So please let me know if it sucked. Thank you everyone for reading and for the feedback.

My eyes open slowly, everything in view is still a little fuzzy. Somehow I've ended up in the back, with the seat above me and I’m sprawled out right under it, a groan escapes me as I move my aching body up to a sitting position. I snap my neck up without thinking as I hear her voice, call out my name in panic. I blink a couple of times, as I try to focus my vision. I just know that the fucker or fuckers that were chasing us, are only a couple of feet away, and we have to get the hell out of here. “Crystal?” I mumble.

“Jack. What the hell...” there are tears streaming down her face, hell more than I’ve seen, since I met her. The only difference is that, this time I’m not annoyed at all by the waterworks, for once I understand her reasons. I reach over to the front and tug at the door, once, then again, but it doesn’t even budge. Then I watch as she bites her lip and tugs at hers “Nothing…” she looks at me, the panic still visible in her face.

Without thinking I yank her to the back seat with me, as a yelp escapes her lips and she’s suddenly on top of me, this all sounds like it’s happening really fucking slow, but it’s not. I am more than sure that someone is waiting a couple of feet, hell maybe inches from the car, ready to blow our brains out. I pull her to the side as I kick out the back window.

I’m not to sure where the hell these people are, so I decide to crawl out first. I take a deep breath and make my way out of the mangled car. I look around, but I see nothing, just the smoke escaping the car and it’s tires looking up towards the sky. “Come on Crystal we gotta…” I watch her on all fours as she starts to crawl out, then she looks passed me in horror.

“Jack…” I hear as someone cocks a gun “You scrawny little bastard, you’ve got nine fucking lives…dontcha.” My eyes narrow and I don’t bother turning around, I’d know that motherfucker’s voice anywhere!

I close my eyes, I’ve got to think fast, the kid is still on all fours frozen in place, with a look, I can’t even make out. This bastard is known for his aim. I want to lock eyes with the her, I don’t want her playing no fucking hero, she has no idea who she’s up against. “Don send you?” I question, still staring at the upside down car.

“Does it matter? You’re a dead man, one way or the other.” I can already see the smirk on his god damn face, that bastard is known for his sarcasm. He’s those type that let you know your going to die, watches you as you squirm, then blows your brains out.

Just as I take a deep breath and spin around. I see Crystal reach out, wrapping both small hands around Meyer’s thick ankle. He’s caught off guard and goes tumbling backwards, falling on his back, with a thump. His gun goes off, sending an echo ringing in my ear.

There is no time to waste, I quickly jump on him, struggling to take the gun from him. He grunts and fights me off, this man is three times my size, he’s a big motherfucker. Ow fuck! Just confirmed that, with a swing of his arm, he's knocks me off and into the dirt. I look around and notice that Crystal is hiding on the side of the car, my envelope in one hand and my bag of weapons in the other. I wonder if she knows what’s even in there, not that the girl would kill a fly.

I spot the gun over Meyer’s head, right at the same time he does. With a loud huff, he turns himself around and we both scurry towards the gun picking up a cloud of dirt around us. We both fumble around for it, then finally my fingers grip the handle and I point it right in his face.

“Whoa kid” he lifts his hands up to shield himself, like that shit will help him. “Jack…just calm down we can always talk this shit over. I was just sent to do my job.”

Funny, how he’s suddenly become a chicken shit, when the tables are turned. “Get up you fat fuck.” I always wanted to call him that. He glares at me, and quite frankly I must admit…now don’t even snicker…but he freaks me the fuck out. One punch from him and I'd be knocked out for days.

He slowly gets up, his hands still up, black suit full of dirt, I know he’s dying to dust himself off. “Listen…Jack…”

“Jack…” I hear her voice, full of panic, causing Meyers and I to both turn for a split second. We see the car that has suddenly burst into flames, I know the damn thing will explode any minute. My thoughts are interrupted by Meyer’s, barreling into me, my back landing on the rocky gravel and my head hitting against the car, shit feels like it split right open.

He holds me down with his fat ass body and grabs my neck, slamming my head against the car once again. “You throw everything away for a piece of ass, Jack. I thought you knew better, than that.” His grip tightens around my neck "You forgot the rules, Jack. Don't fall in love with the target."

I choke on my words "She...is...n't...the...tar...get...you...fu...ck" My hand searches blindly for the gun, I know the kid is watching, but if he kills me, he'll kill her next and I can't allow that to happen. One of my hands fights to pry Meyer's fingers from around my neck and the other one gropes the dirt in a effort to find the gun's handle. Got it!

Even though I've started to feel lightheaded, without thinking it twice, I dig the nuzzle into the bastards chest. Then I pull the trigger once, then again.

His eyes roll to the back of his head, the grip on my neck loosens slowly as I let out a couple of gasps for air. His body falls backwards, back onto the ground, I see his chest still moving. I'm livid, this bastard just tried to kill me, and I'm more than sure that Don sent him. I'll send a message to Don, don't fuck with me. I stand up, the gun pointed at Meyer's head, who squirms in pain, like a fucking worm.

"Your...gonna...die any...way...Jack. They are gonna...hunt...you..." he chokes.

 I cut him off before he can continue, the kid has heard and seen to much for today, "Rule number four...two assassins equals one motherfucker. I'll see you in hell Meyer's." Boom...I let him have one right in the forehead, his blood spatters on my clothes and some on my face. Boom, another one, he's a big fucker, he might get back up.

"Jack...you just...killed..." Crystal mumbles, her hand over her mouth. I can hear the terror in her voice.

I turn to look at her and she flinches at the sight "I had too. He would have killed us both." I lie, and she nods in acceptance, her eyes still wide and her mouth slightly open in shock. "Come, this shit should have exploded a while ago" she still stands, immobile. "Come on kid..." I take my bag, yank her arm and make way, down the small hill.

After what feels like a damn eternity, we reach a small suburban area. I don't see a motel...anything in sight, but houses. "Jack, there is nothing here, but houses."

No shit shirlock! "Yeah...listen. I have to clean up or no one is going to let us into their house."

She points over to a house with a hose in the driveway "Here I'll turn it on and you wash off...the...bloo...blood." she stutters on the word 'blood'. I watch her as she runs to the side of the house and turns on the hose.

The water spews out of the hose and I take a scoop, splashing the coldness all over my face and arms, I whistle at her that I'm all set and I watch her jog back to me as I rummage my bag, I pull on a regular T-shirt. "Uh...we can knock on someone's door and...we could tell them that..." I never ask anyone for help, so I'm not sure what the hell I would say in this case, I hope she has some ideas.

She grins "Um...we can say that...our car broke down and we got mugged." I join her in the grinning, when I really want to laugh, I wonder what dumbass will believe that.

A bit later, we enter a really cozy house, nothing like I've seen before. Everything in the house is as old as the owners. It smells like...uh...cookies and old people. What house smells like fucking cookies? "I only have a spare room, but your more than welcome to it. I hope that you can get some rest." the older woman flashes us the warmest smile I've ever seen. So I can't help, but force myself to smile back, although I didn't really have to force myself. What the fuck? "Good Night." she disappears down the hall.

We walk into a generic room, with ivory walls, a beige comforter, a lamp, and a dresser nothing fancy. It almost looks like a motel room, hell it even has it's own bathroom. "Do you mind if I go first?" she asks, her face has lost all the color, her hair is in disarray and her clothes are all dirty. I nod, I know that she's dying to ask me a ton of questions, now I have to decide if I'm going to answer them or not.

"No, you go ahead." she holds the side of her thigh and let's out a small moan. "Are you alright?" I ask getting closer to her, but she quickly moves back.

"I'm fine...um...can I bother you with one more thing?" she asks, still keeping a distance, which bothers me a bit. Is she afraid of me now? I shouldn't give a shit, but I do.

I raise a brow "What is it?"

"Can I borrow something to wear...I kinda forgot my bag..."

"Oh sure..." I rummage through the bag, hoping that nothing pops or falls out of it, that isn't supposed to. I find a black T-shirt "That's all I have..." I toss it at her.

She catches it and shrugs "That's fine, thanks." she turns around and walks into the bathroom.

My head is spinning and it wont stop, even when I hold it in my hands. I have so many thoughts and questions running through my mind, that I start to feel a heavy pounding on my temples. Did Don find out about Miller already and that's why he sent Meyer's? What if this had nothing to do with that? Why is Howie trying to kill Crystal? All those are important questions to me, but the one that is really killing me is....Why would Don hide my real name from me?

Alexander James Mclean. My mind screams it, but I just can't adjust.

I find myself sitting on the edge of the bed, I know that some of my answers are in the envelope in my hands. Could there be anything worse from my past, than being forbidden to know your own real name? I highly doubt it, I stare at the envelope, my fingers ready to break open the truth. Well...there is only one way to find out.  

End Notes:
Thanks once again to Kristal, who helps me all the time.
Chapter 17 by kevmylove

Damn it! How could I have lagged it so long to even take a peek at what was on that first page. I had gotten as far as reading my name again and I had freaked out, when I heard the kid coming out of the bathroom. That’s all I need is for her to ask me what those papers are.

I let out a moan, as I feel the warmth of the water hit my aching body. This past two weeks have been hell. Never in my life, have I been through such a fucking emotional rollercoaster or had so many body injuries. Before this I could count the injuries I had gotten.

I had broken an arm, thankfully not my shooting one, in a motorcycle accident, for being a stunt man, of course that was when I was about twenty. Then I had been attacked by another hired gun, I know it sounds weird, but that’s what Don calls…I mean called…us. Somehow, and I still don’t understand how we ended up assigned to the same target. He was so pissed off, that without warning he had let me have one right in the jaw, making me fall backwards and then he shot me in the arm. I’m guessing he didn’t kill me cause of my rep, and he knew he’d be in for some shit.

So there you are, two different occasions of being injured and they were about eight years apart. Here I was with a bullet hole on my side, a head injury or two, all bruised and banged up, and it had only been in a span of two fucking weeks. Just fucking great!

I wrap a towel around my waist and stare at myself in the mirror for a couple of minutes. I can’t believe that I’m not Jack anymore, I’m Alex. I guess that’s what I would have everyone that I meet call me, Alexander is long and well would make me sound a little on the gay side. I pull on my beanie over my mess of hair, I need a hair cut sometime soon.

I dry off and pull on a pair of clean pants, I grab my shirt and start to pull it over my head as I open the door. Walking out of the bathroom I find Crystal sitting on the bed, staring into space. She still looks a little pale, only this, it’s as if she’s seen a ghost. “You ok?” I ask, startling her.

She looks at me with wide eyes and hops off the bed, holding the towel around her waist. “I’m…uh…” the look in her eyes is almost sorrowful and confused. “The lady came and brought you some extra blankets…” she points at the folded blankets on the bed.

I nod, looking her over, she’s only wearing one of my tshirts and being able to see her headlights on, I can tell she’s not wearing a bra. “Oh…that’s good.” My eyes dart at the side of her white, towel that’s stained red “Holy shit Crystal! Are you hurt?” I blurt, taking two steps towards her.

She jumps back “What?” she looks around “No, I’m fine…”

“Bullshit!” I wrap my hand around her thigh, letting her see the blood stain on the towel “Here…sit down” I try taking her arm, but she moves away. Ok, at first it bothered me that she was afraid, now it’s just starting to hurt. Yes, I said hurt. “God damn it Crystal, will you stop trying to be a bad ass. Now I know your hurt, so let me see.”

I furrow my brows, I have to let her know I mean business damn it, otherwise she’ll keep being stubborn. I step closer and she backs into the bedside table. Ha…now she doesn’t have anywhere to go, I reach out to take a peak of the wound, but she let’s me have a slap on the hand. OW!

“Don’t Jack, please…I’m fine.” I roll my eyes, ok so she is still stubborn, and it’s really pissing me off. She walks past me and puts her hand on the doorknob. “I’ll just tell the lady to come back and take a look at it. She must have a first--”

I cut her off quickly, slamming against the door “NO! That lady, will think I beat you…or even worse that we are in some kind of trouble and she’ll call the cops.” I shake my head. The hell I will let them call the cops and come take me away, first of all I’ve never…ever been caught and second, I’m not about to be anybody’s bitch. “Now sit the fuck down.” I look her straight in the eye, with the meanest look, I’ve probably got.

It seems to be working. Without turning her back to me, her eyes never leave mine, as she stumbles over and takes a seat on the bed. “Fine you want to see…knock yourself out…” she angrily removes the towel, as my mouth slowly falls open.

Yeah that was really damn smooth Jack, I swallow hard, my eyes fall upon her pink cotton bikini, to her bare legs, and finally the awful gash on her upper thigh. It takes me a minute or two to even find my voice, but I do “Tha…that’s really deep Crystal.” I run a finger over the bleeding gash, making her let out a yelp as she flinches.

“Yeah…well I have no idea what it was that cut me. Plus I’m not to fond of blood if you…” she gags.

I can’t help it, as the smirk grows on my face “Blood? Your grossed out by blood?” she shakes her head as she covers her mouth. “Ok, just look away, I’m going to find a first aid kit.” I leave her sitting there as I rummage the bathroom for a familiar white box. Moving cleaning supplies and other crap that’s left under a bathroom sink cabinet, I finally come upon the first aid kit and a bottle of alcohol. I wet a couple of gauzes that are in the kit and dash back to her side, she’s still looking away from the blood.

My hands are shaking, as I run the rag over her leg. I’m not exactly sure, if it’s because she’s hurt or the fact that she’s sitting only in her underwear and my shirt. Now that I’ve cleaned that shit up, I dribble some alcohol onto the gauze. Don't want to have to carry around a girl with an infected leg, that would be, dead weight.

Crystal must have heard the liquid slosh in the bottle because her head whips my way and she backs up onto the bed. "Oh no...you are NOT coming NEAR me with that shit! Do you have any idea how bad that will sting?!?" She shakes her head as she covers herself with the towel, again.

"Well quite frankly you have no other fucking choice, I have to do it. You don't even have a clue, how the hell you got it. Do you want that shit to get infected? Now come here!"

"No Jack...it's fine...really!" she nods again. I let out a groan. Ok...screw this shit. She wants to play hardball...well then let's fucking play hard ball. I re-soak the gauze and crawl onto the bed, I've got a pretty damn good idea on how to keep her still. I run my tongue over my bottom lip slowly, as I pull her leg, making her slide right under me. "Jack...do not even dare...put tha--"

I cut her off once again, only this time, by letting my lips cover hers. Although I can easily be distracted by the intensity of the kiss. I hold the gauze firmly in my hand as it finds the wound. Oh yeah...I'm fucking good!

I hold my other hand behind her head, to keep her lips locked with mine, as I slowly run the alcohol soaked gauze over her gash. She squeals, against my lips, until I let her go. "All done. see? that wasn't so bad!" I stand back up, and look for a clean gauze and tape. I bend down to cover the wound as she glares at me.

After patching the gash, I look back up at her. That's when she lets me have one right on the arm. "JACK! How could you? That was so mean! do you have any idea how much that stung?" She continues swatting at my arm, "Your tactic was so lame...I should really be pissed at you...for even..." I just stand there, rolling my eyes. The kid is still rambling. Hey...if it worked to quiet her screaming then it will work to quiet her bitching. I tackle her to the bed and press my lips to hers again.

After a couple of seconds I see her eyes spring open and she gently pushes me away. Her eyes are boring into mine, one of her hands cups around my face as we stay frozen in place. "Jack..." I see her swallow hard, I'm in a daze so I don't say anything, but nod my head. "I love you" my eyes go wide.

End Notes:
Thank you to Kristal that actually came up with half of this chapter...thank you love!
Chapter 18 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Yay this chapter came out sooner than I thought, of course once again I have to thank Kristal for helping me out as much as she does...hell soon I might have to turn it over to her...lol!! Hope you like.

Did I just hear right? She said that awful ‘L’ word, damn her and her fucking attachment problem. I spring up, backing away, and nodding my head. I can’t help, but chuckle nervously “Crys…” the look in her eyes, is really making it difficult for me to say, what I have to say.

There is a nasty flutter in my stomach, my palms are sweating, there is a really hot rush running up and down my body and the truth…well I’d like to…run right out of here and never see her again. That would be the simplest solution to all this bullshit, because that’s what this is. Love…what the fuck is that? I have no idea really, but I’ll tell you what...I don't want any part of it. Hell, I just might pass out right now.

“Jack…are you alright?” she stands up, not even bothering to cover up. She places a hand on my face again, sending a tingling sensation through my skin. “It’s ok Jack…to feel loved…” she looks me deep in the eyes, and I’m hypnotized, I can’t move, talk, or think. I watch as she leans in slowly towards me, then her lips cover mine, I don’t fight It, I just close my eyes.

Damn, her lips tastes so good, and the warmth of her body against mine, makes me want her so badly, like I’ve never wanted anyone before. I feel the flutter grow stronger, my heart is racing, my breathing is elevated and I know junior is wide awake.

Suddenly I snap out of this trance, that this woman has put me in. Who the hell does she think she is? I wont fall for all this bullshit, love doesn’t exist and I don’t need it in my life. I just want to get back to the house, kill Howie, The Richardson’s and go back to my normal fucking life. Is that too much to ask for. I grab her sides tight, to the point that she yelps against my mouth, then I pull her away.

“Ow Jack!” she grabs my wrists, trying to pry my hands from gripping her sides. “Your hurting me Jack.” she looks down at my chest, biting on her lip.

“Listen to me kid…you are to never…ever…say those words to me again.” she just stares at me, her eyes full of confusion. I jerk her out of her trance “Crystal…are you listening to me.”

“I said you‘re hurting me, Jack!” she looks up at me, with sadness in her eyes. Why in the fuck does she do that shit to me? My brain is working double time, to calm the damn flutters she gives me, when she does that shit. How the fucking hell can one person, a kid, have such an impact on me? It’s really annoying. My grip must have stayed firm on her hips, as my mind was drifting, because her voice snaps me back, from my thoughts. “Just…because you’re not used to someone loving you…doesn’t give you the right to be such an asshole. Or to hurt me, JACK!” She squirms and my fingers release and I raise up my hands, letting her know I wont do it again.

“I…I’m…” My heart and my brain aren’t in sync at the moment. My heart is telling me to care and apologize, but my brain is telling me that I don’t give a shit, and there is no need for apologies. “Just don’t say that again.” my voice, is flat, I actually want to kick my ass, for sounding so fucking troubled by all this.

I’ve made her cry, once again, but this time it really looks like I’ve done it. “You don’t have…to worry…” she chokes on her words, “I will NEVER say those words again…because you obviously don’t deserve them.” she storms away, turns off the light and jumps into the bed, pulling the covers over herself.

I stand in the dark, just listening to her sniffle. I would like to say ‘fuck her and her feelings’ but somehow I just can’t. There is this unexplainable aching in my chest and I’m pretty sure it’s anything but fucking normal…cause I’ve never had it before. I shuffle the bag for my hoodie, and my gun, I have to get out of here and take a walk.

Each one of these houses looks the same, the only thing that changes is the color and the car parked in the driveway. Speaking of cars parked in the driveway, I eye a brand new black and silver motorcycle, a helmet hangs from the handlebar. Oh yeah, this is what will be taking us home later tonight, I make way back to the house and sit on the porch puffing on a cigarette. Once I’m done, I sink into the rough chair and close my eyes, just for a second, it’s not like I can fall asleep on this hard ass thing.

The lights of a car passing by, shine in my eyes and wakes me from my uncomfortable slumber on the whicker chair. “Fuck” I mumble, noticing that the car is a black Lincoln, with tinted windows, I watch as it cruises down the street. Who the hell could it be now? I enter the house and walk slowly down the hall towards the room, the door opens with out a creak. Placing my bag over my shoulder I watch the kid sleeping. Maybe I should leave her here, she‘ll be better off. She can get Nick to pick her up, we are only an hour away. I put my hand on the door, then I look back again. God damn it…

I shake her lightly “Crystal…you have to get up. We have to leave right now” I speak softly as I continue to shake her.

“Mhm…” she groans and turns around to look at me startled “What? Jack…” she sits up, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. “What the hell are you doing?”

“No time for questions Crys…we have to go. They are circling the neighborhood, I know they are still looking for us. Come on!!” I pull her up.

Pulling her arm from my grip, she glares at me “Jack…it’s really late. Who is following us? Well, whoever it is...probably doesn't even know which house we are in…plus I don’t have any…”

I grab her hand and yank her off the bed, dragging her behind me “I don’t have time for bullshit, we have to get the hell out of here. Unless you want a bullet in your head? If you do, then go ahead and stay here, but I sure as hell pass on that one.” I storm down the hallway and out the front door. “You stay here and keep an eye out for the black Lincoln. If you see it…um…Can you whistle?”

She nods with a roll of her eyes “Your going to make me stand out here in the cold…” she looks down at herself. I bite the inside of my cheek, trying to keep from laughing and staring at her legs and the pink underwear peaking under her shirt. Ok, so I’m already staring. “Like this…Jack”

“I think it’s a good look for you.” I wiggle my eyebrows playfully and shove my bag into her hands. “Whistle if you see it”

“You are such a jerk!!!” she crosses her arms and sits on the pavement “Well hurry the hell up, before my ass goes numb.”

I nod and start down the street to where the motorcycle is, I look around once again, all the lights are out. When I saw the clock in the house, it was already midnight. Which means, that everyone in a quiet and nice neighborhood have to be fast asleep by now. I look around once again, grabbing hold of a handlebar in each of my hands. I kick the brake loose and push it out the driveway and down the street.

Quickly she stands up, her mouth falls open "Where in the hell did you get that? Great, now we are motorcycle jacking someone..." she whispers as I prop the bike up with the brake. I'm not going to bother answering her lame ass questions, I've got to figure out how to hotwire a motorcycle. With a deep sigh I scoot under the bike and begin to look around. "Now what are you...um…Jack?”

Sure, I’m in the middle of trying to save our asses and she’s gotta start her fucking yapping. I don’t even know what the fuck I’m doing here, “Not now, Crys” I respond, in a harsh tone.

“But…Jack…”

Jesus…fucking…Why?…Why does she do this? “I said not now! This isn’t the time, damn it” I catch her eyes, and give her a scowl, as my fingers fiddle, blindly with the wires.

She lets out a loud huff, “You know what…fine!” Thank God…if there IS a God. I reach up to rip the wire I think will work, when I’m startled by the bike bouncing once, and the engine revving in my ear. I sit up startled, to see her sitting on the bike, looking down at me with a smug grin, plastered on her face.

I gradually get back on my feet and scratch the back of my neck. So the dumb fuck owner, left the keys in the ignition! Shit…then that makes me a dumb fuck for not noticing. Just great! “Don’t even…“ I hand her the bag as I take my seat in front of her.

“Um Jack…you know how to drive…ride…a motorcycle right?”

My hand curls around the handlebar and I rev the engine once again. Now, we don't have to let her know that I did, indeed, crash a motorcycle once, it's not like I'm going to try and pop a wheelie or do some kind of dangerous stunt. "Yeah I do...so...just hold on." The air is caught in my throat as I feel her arms snake around my waist, taking a tight hold on me, actually that is too damn tight. "Shit woman!! Ease up..." I snap.

"I'm sorry...I'm just really nervous about riding on a stolen motorcycle, with someone who is a jerk, and to top it off, in my underwear. so sue me if I'm a bit on the edge...sheesh." I feel her hold loosen slowly, then in an instant, her hand brushes against my chest sending a mind boggling hot rush up and down my entire body. My eyes close as I take in the feeling, I'm glad she can't see the stupid look, I must have on my face.

I look around once again, the street is deserted and there isn't a soul in sight. That still doesn't put me at ease, I have an odd feeling that wherever we go there is trouble waiting for us. Someone is watching our every move and right about now, I have no idea who the fuck it is. Am I on someone's list? I know, I've already broken a couple of rules...maybe Don has decided it's time to get rid of me. Well...whoever the fuck it is, I'm not going down so easily. Not without a fight.

My grip remains tight, on the handlebars as we head out of the neighborhood and safely onto to the main road. I can feel the kid shaking like a fucking leaf against my body. The cool air must be getting to her…and I’m not surprised. Without thinking twice, I pull off the road, onto the graveled shoulder and cut the engine.

“What are we doing Jack? I thought we had to…“

I hold my hand up to silence her, as I maneuver the bike into a safe position. We hop off, and I peel off my hoodie. Bunching it up, so that she can put her arms into it. She stands there, just staring at me in a bit of confusion, which causes me to roll my eyes. “Come on, damn it, we don’t have all fucking night Crys.“ I cock a brow and hold the hoodie up, again.

My eyes watch her, as she slips her arms into the hoodie, then I take a step closer, to help her pull it over her head. Our eyes lock for only a moment and my instincts kick in “Uh…your…” I clear my throat, “Your…shivering was…getting on my damn nerves.” I clench my jaw and mount the bike again.

She says nothing as she climbs on, behind me. I rev the engine and start down the road again. I suddenly feel her head against my shoulder and her arms slink back around me, tightly…I don’t snap at her. Don’t ask me why…I just don’t.

The action actually reminds me that I’m not the only one in danger anymore, that someone is out to get her too. I just don’t know who’s behind it all, but I do know one thing…as long as I’m alive, no one will hurt her…no one.

End Notes:
Thank you Kris!! *Hugs*
Chapter 19 by kevmylove
I can’t get those three words out of my head, it’s surprising how easily they slipped her mouth. How could she even say something like that, she doesn’t even know me. I mean yeah so we’ve shared a few moments and well we are being hunted together…but fuck, it doesn’t give her a reason to, love me.

A sigh escapes me, it’s fucked up, that I’m even thinking about this. What the hell do I care, whether she loves me, or not, as soon as I’m done with Howie and The Richardson’s I’m out of this joint. No looking back, I don’t exist to the world and that’s how I want to keep it. I don’t need love, or a woman…girl…kid in my life to make me happy. I was just fine before I came to this rundown town. I was just fucking fine.

The sun is barely coming out when we arrive in Greenville and to our luck, there isn’t a soul in sight, it could be that it’s about two in the morning. I keep driving through the main street, and onto the outstretched road leading to the ranch. In no less than fifteen minutes, we are pulling into the driveway.

I bring the bike to a halt and let her get off. She starts for the house and I grab her hand “You can’t just walk in there…we don’t know if one of those bastards are in there…”

“Jack it’s cold and I would like to put some pants on, before anyone else in town sees my ass…is that ok with you?” she sticks out her lip and crosses her arms.

I can’t help, but look her over again. Hell, if it was up to me, she could stay like that all the time. “Fine, just let me check it out first.” I hop off the bike and draw my gun, as I slowly make my way into the house. I keep Crystal safely behind me, I make sure to stay close to the wall and I put out my left arm behind me to block that stubborn woman, from trying to move ahead of me.

I carefully look around the corner, my gun pointing into the living room, no one is there. I proceed further, into the house. Checking room after room, I find nothing…the house is empty. We head up the stairs slowly, my gun is still drawn, I’m not taking chances. Pressing my hand against Crystal’s door, I swing it open, I quickly point my gun from one end of the room to the other. After going around and checking the entire room…another sigh of relief escapes me and I lower my gun. Thank fucking God, I’ve been thanking him a hell of a lot lately. “It’s ok…Crys.” I nod “You can change.“ I plop onto the side of her bed, slumping my shoulders against the headrest, I watch as she digs into her dresser.

She pulls on a pair of cute shorts, that don’t cover much…wait a damn minute…what the fuck? Did I just say the word ‘cute’? Shit, I need to get out of this damn place! My mouth falls open, as I watch her peel off my shirt, exposing her bare back. Quickly she slips on a tank top, then turns around…I look away, as if I haven’t been staring at her the past couple of minutes.

Pulling her hair into a pony tail, she lets out a sigh of exhaustion and relief “Wow…I feel so much warmer now.” she let’s out a yawn and crawls into bed, I reach over and cover her up. “Jack?”

“Mhm…” I sit back against the headrest.

“Are you like a spy or something? It’s just that…you killed that…” another yawn cuts her off “…man, without even thinking twice about it. You have that bag full of stuff, that…” I can see her eyes starting to close. I shouldn’t be surprised or worried that she’s asking me these questions, actually, she had taken her time to come to conclusions. I look back down at the kid and see that she is already snoring.

I can feel my own exhaustion trying to get the best of me, but I have to stay awake…I can’t allow myself to fall asleep. We will both be as good as dead, if I so much as close one eye. I set my gun on my lap, and get comfortable, leaning my head back. I have…to stay…awake.

The next thing I know, I strong smell of burning paper hits my nose. I struggle to open my eyes, and once I do, the only thing I can see is a figure standing at the foot of the bed, something flickering in their hand. After rubbing the grogginess from my eyes, I finally make out, Howie‘s face in the gleaming light of the fire….that son of a bitch is burning something…

I jump off of the bed, looking at what‘s in his hands “God damn it, you stupid mother fucker!” my brows furrow, as I realize what he‘s burning. “That’s mine you…” My voice gives out on me and I can’t finish my sentence. My file…the one that contains the answers to my life…everything that I’ve never known…up in flames, literally! Son of a bitch! While I stand there in shock, he doesn't even budge...watching the paper, flutter into ashes, with a mocking grin plastered on his face. I could kick his ass, no, I should kick my own ass for being such a bitch and never having the balls to just read the damn thing…now I’ll never fucking know.

You better believe he’s going to fucking pay for doing that shit. Just then, Crystal sits up in the bed and all three of us stare at the last traces of the file, float away, still burning slowly. It all seems to be happening in slow motion to me, or maybe it's just the way I'm reacting to everything. I catch Howie, raising his gun directly at the kid, from the corner of my eye and I shout at the her “Get down Crys…”

She looks up at me stunned, “What?” I have no time, just as he cocks his gun, I let my fist connect with his jaw. He stumbles backwards, losing hold of his gun and slamming into the dresser. I kick him in the fucking balls. He should be happy I don’t blow them off.

I hurry over to Crystal and grab her by the arms. “Listen to me…you have to find my bag…“ I close my eyes and take a deep breath. I can’t believe I’m about to say this… “Take this gun…don’t hesitate to use it, if you have to…I need that bag, Crys!” I gently shove her towards the door. I watch as she steps over the limp body “HURRY UP!” I yell.

To tell you the truth, I’m a little worried about sending the kid out there on her own, I don’t know who the fuck else can be down there, waiting for us. Hell, Nick could be part of all this for all I know. Just as I turn my attention back to the asshole, he dives towards me, giving me enough time to dodge him. This bastard thinks he‘s going to win this fight. Boy, is he wrong!

As he stumbles past me, I take the opportunity to jump onto his back and we both fall to the floor. I take a hold of his head and slam his face against the floor, once and then again. “Motherfucker…who the hell sent you? Why the fuck are you trying to kill her?“ I get up, and stand over him. Swiftly I flip his ass over, gripping him tightly by the collar, I pound him into the floor again.

“They told me…you were the best…Jack. They were wrong…” He lets his leg connect with mine, making me lose my balance and crash into the wall. “Oh and Don’s pissed” He snickers, standing back up. He takes a couple of steps towards me, and swings at me, letting me have his fist right in the eye. I lunge at him and we slam against the dresser, almost knocking it over.

Crystal comes into view “Jack…” just as I let him have one right in the throat. I hear him gasp for air as I turn to look over at her, my bag is over her shoulder.

She tosses me the gun, and I catch it, just in time to whack him with it across the jaw. I’m satisfied and my grin shows it, as I hear his jaw crack and he crumbles to the floor. I pin him down, before he can even get back up and I look up at the kid…here’s another thing I can’t believe is about to come from my mouth… “In that side pocket, is another pistol…get it out.”

Without a second thought I let him have a blow to the head, by the sound of it and his stillness, he must have blacked out. I stand up, as she pulls the gun, from my bag. “Crystal…” she doesn’t respond, as she stares at Howie, laying on the floor. I stick my gun, back in its normal spot, then I take her face into both of my hands. “Look at me, Crystal” her eyes slowly, look up to meet with mine and I see so much confusion and fear in them.

“I‘m…scared Jack…” her hand trembles, as she grips the gun.

“Listen to me. I’m not going to let anything happen to you…I want you to go downstairs, into the pantry. Lock the door and stay there…don’t’ even think about opening the door for anyone. You got it?”

I shake her a little, until she nods her head sluggishly “But…what about you?”

I can’t help, but to let out a small chuckle “I’ll be fine, don’t even worry about me. I’ll be down as soon as I can…I’ll knock three times quietly and once loudly…so you know that it’s me. Please Crys…don’t open the door for anyone else or any other reason. You got it?” she nods again, licking her lips, I can tell that the kid is terrified. “Now go on...hurry up!”

I watch her walk towards the door, and she suddenly turns around “Jack…” she runs up to me and wraps her arms around my neck. Right this minute, I don’t have that feeling of pushing her the fuck off of me. I’m not sure why she’s even hugging me, hell, I’m not planning on dying just yet. I didn't even realize my arms were wrapped around her, until she steps away from me, and I see my arms still extended. “Be careful Jack…”

The kid swallows hard and then rushes down stairs, all I can hear is the pitter patter of her feet making way to the kitchen. I let out a deep breath…what the fuck was that…did I seriously just hug her back? I’ve never hugged anyone, from what I remember…I better get the fuck out of this town. The corner of my eye catches movement, as Howie slowly comes back to.

I stand over him, contemplating on what I will beat out of him, before I let him die. Actually, I need to decide on how to kill him, I’m tired of all this physical shit, I’m used to being miles away, when I get rid of my targets.

He let’s out a groan as he tries to get up, but falls back onto the floor. “You can’t…get out of…this one Jack. You’re a dead man…and so is the girl.” he continues to mumble things, but I can only make out certain shit he says. “You broke the rules…”

I point the gun at his forehead “Shut up you bastard…shut the fuck up! You…piece of shit. Don sent you didn’t he…” I let him have my foot right in the ribs. He let’s out a cry as I do it again “Just answer the fucking question! Don sent you to kill the girl. Why?” I can tell he’s not going to say a word, he already knows that he’s going to die, either way, therefore he doesn’t give a shit.

“You went and fell in love with the target…” his laughter is muffled, by the carpet.

I don't understand, why everyone thinks that she is the target. I called Don, explaining the whole situation with the Richardson’s, why are they confusing her with the damn target. “Get up…” I keep my gun pointed, as I watch him get up. “Turn around…” he turns to face me, there is no trace of fear in his eyes, nothing, but satisfaction.

I still can't decide on how to get rid of his ass, there is always the regular, throwing him out the window, choking him, beating him to death or my favorite, shooting him right in the forehead. I would like to do all of them, but I don’t have the time for that shit. My thoughts are interrupted as I fly out of the room, and slam into the hallway wall. I hear the clank of my gun hitting the floor.

“Whose gonna die now bitch?” Howie says, nudging his whole arm into my throat. I look to the sides and realize we are right on the edge of the stares, my adrenaline rush finally kicks in, and I let him have a jab in the ribs, and another in the gut. He folds over and I kick him on the side, sending him tumbling down the stairs, I’m not sure if that will do the trick, so I pick up the gun off the floor and aim.

He lands face down, with a loud thud at the foot of the stairs, his body sprawled out and his head on the first step. I watch him closely. Then suddenly his head lifts up “She is…” he mumbles, but I don’t let him say anything else, since I pull the trigger. I watch as the bullet hit’s him right between the eyes and flies out the back of his head, leaving a disarray of blood all over the place.

"Whose dead now bitch!" I mumble.

With a loud sigh, I take a seat on the top step, the kid can wait for another minute or two. I rest my elbows on my knees and run my free hand over my face, avoiding my swelling eye. How the hell did I get into this? I lick my lips, only to get a coppery taste in my mouth. This was supposed to be just another assignment, and now…

Here I am infatuated with a girl, that‘s brought nothing but danger to me, or maybe I‘ve brought it to her. I found out my real name, which was kept from me, all this time. In the span of twenty four hours, I’ve killed two men, that in the normal world, would have been my coworkers. Then, I can’t forget that WE are being hunted down, cause for whatever reason, the kid is on someone's list. Plus I had all the answers to my life in my fucking hands, and now they are nothing but scattered ashes in that bedroom.

Ain't that a bitch!

End Notes:
Thank you once again Kristal for getting me on a roll. love ya *hugs*
Chapter 20 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Thank you guys for all your feedback, it's greatly appreciated. Also I want to apologize for not always responding to your reviews...it's just my comp is having issues, so sometimes it wont let me respond to everyone and I dont' want anyone to feel bad...cause it seems like I respond to some and not to others! So once again thank you and I DO appreciate all your reviews ladies!!

I pace the floor, scratching my head with the butt of the gun, this is seriously fucked up. I killed the bastard and I don’t feel an ounce better…I didn’t even give him a chance to tell me, why he was trying to kill her. What has she done to anyone to deserve to be on someone’s hit list. Then it hits me, that’s not the major reason I’m angry…I didn’t even get to know who my parents were, if I had a brother or a sister. Maybe the damn file told me how they died. God damn it!

“Jack are you ok?” I hear her voice full of concern, she’s standing a couple of feet away from me.

Now, I know it’s not her fault. Hell, she probably doesn’t even know what the fuck is wrong with me. But there isn’t another person here to take my frustrations out on, so she will have to do. “No…I’m not fucking ok. CRYSTAL!” I wave the gun her way as she lets out a yelp and flinches “Does it look like I’m OK? Huh? That fucking bastard…he…” I close my eyes and stop for a second, the whole room is spinning and not only is there a knot in my stomach, but there’s one lodged in my throat.

“He burned it…that file…that contained everything about me. I didn‘t even take a look at it…I didn’t find out who they were…how or why they died…what their names were…” I stop pacing, my jaw clenches in anger, and my fists open and close. Then I feel a surge of pain well up inside of me, I cover my face, furrowing my eyebrows, as I hear myself sniffle. Something warm trickles down my cheek, and I realize that I‘m crying. Me, grown ass Jack D. is crying and worse in front of the kid. I can‘t let her see me like this.

I begin for the stairs and I hear her behind me. “Please Jack don‘t walk away…”

“I can‘t talk right now Crystal.” I make it to the last step, noticing that the tears haven’t stopped. I wipe them away angrily, with the back of my hand, I didn‘t even know I had the ability to shed tears. Storming into my room, I want to slam the door behind me, but I know she’s there. I walk over to the window, where I notice that the dark clouds have covered up the sun. Just right for the fucking occasion. I see her sit down on the corner of the bed, her hands nestled on her lap.

“Denise…Bob…and Abby” her voice cracks, as she says the last name. “Those were their names…”

My mouth falls open, I have no fucking clue as to what she is talking about. There is no way for her to know this shit. Is she fucking with me? Is she one of them? I put my hand on my gun and walk towards her. “What did you say?”

She stares at the floor without giving me an answer, I’m really not in the mood for fucking games. So I do the unthinkable and pull out the gun, pointing it directly at her chest. A gasp escapes her, as her hands fly up “Jesus Jack…I’m…I…I don’t want you to get mad at me. Please don’t…wave that shit at me.”

I point it directly at her, she thinks I’m fucking around, but if she doesn’t start talking… “How the fuck do you know that…?”

Biting on the bottom of her lip, her gaze falls back to the floor “You were born in West Palm Beach, Florida, on January 9, 1978...your mother’s name was Denise, your father Bob…uh officer Bob Mclean…and you had a little sister that was five, Abby. I’m sorry Jack…last night while you were in the shower, I came upon the file. I…I’m sorry…I read it.”

I can feel my jaw tighten, my bottom lip is quivering and I feel like I just got punched in the stomach. I fall to my knees right in front of her. I can’t even be angry at her, if she wouldn’t have read that shit, I wouldn’t know a damn thing. My arms impulsively wrap around her waist and I rest my head on her lap. I can feel my body shaking, as I give into this jumble of emotions rushing through me.

“It’s ok…you can cry…its ok to cry…Jack. It‘s ok to be hurt…angry and confused…” I can feel her fingers tenderly raking through my hair, while her other hand runs up and down the side of my face.

My brain is running full speed, trying to make out what the hell this feeling is, stirring in the pit of my stomach. My arms tighten around her waist and I bury my face into her stomach. I can’t make it out…is it…no…it can’t be? I am…she is making me…I feel, comforted, by the gentleness of her hand over my face, and the softness of her voice. This all feels good and all, but I really need to find out if she read anything else.

“Cr…Crys, was there…anything else? Did you read anything else?” I can hear myself pleading to her, it’s almost pathetic, but I have to know. I lift my head to look up at her. My jaw is still tight, and my brows furrowed. How the hell did I get reduced to this level? I’m a cold fucking hearted assassin, that never failed a damn mission, and here I am, a crumpled man, on my fucking knees, with tears running down my face.

“I…um…” she looks at me, I can tell she’s nervous. Why the fuck would she be nervous? Maybe she thinks I’m going to hurt her, if she tells me something bad.

 “Crys…please? Please…just tell me that you know something else…that you read something else, damn it!” Here I go losing my temper again, “I’m sorry…just please”

I let my eyes plead, with her, “Ok…Jack…“ She speaks so softly, that little tingles creep up my spine. Her eyes meet with mine, as she cups my face in her hands. I’m not pushing her away and I’m not sure why. I’m guessing it’s my instincts, she wont tell me if I’m an ass, and I really need to know.

“Thank you…“ I barely speak the words, but they are there. You know…at the moment…I’m barely a fucking man…let alone an assassin. How the hell did all this, including her, manage to make me such a fucking mess? I have no damn idea, but I tell you one thing. It blows!!

“Your mom was a homemaker, she stayed home with you and your little sister. It also said that, you were very close to her…” it wasn’t the moment for humor, but she chuckled timidly “Uh…you were a real momma’s boy” Wait a god damn minute…did she just say ‘momma’s boy’? Oh HELL NO…that’s impossible! I guess… “Your dad…was an officer in the narcotics division, from what I read…he had just moved to that position. It did say that he cracked a big case, before he…died. It didn’t give much detail, but it sounded like a really big and nasty drug bust, that included something about paid murders.”

I'm listening to her talk, and I'm trying to register it all, but somehow it's just not making sense. “Drug…paid murders?” I am fucking confused. Paid murders, is the same shit as…missions and assignments.

She lets out a deep sigh, somehow I know this part is going to be ugly. “Um…they were killed by a bomb in the car…” I flinch at the words, thats not what I was told. “It was on December 12th, 1998” once again she lets out a long breath, as she wipes away my tears, with her thumbs. I hadn’t even realized that the tears continued.

Then I realize, I just found out, that in fact I had a mother, father and a little sister, but, that they were killed. Why am I still here? Was it done by someone like me? Was this how all those people, left behind by those on my lists felt? Not only did I find out about my family, but also that Don lied to me all this fucking time, and that he is trying to fuck me now.

I stand up full of anger, and confusion. Don had told me so many fucking times, that he had saved me from a car accident, but now I was highly doubting that shit. Maybe that's why everyone is out to kill me now? Why now though? I have no damn idea.

I turn to look at her, as she lifts her head slowly, our eyes lock. As I look into her blue eyes, it feels like my body is floating away, like my heart just exploded inside my chest. I take her hand and pull her onto her bare feet, her body crashes against mine. Without thinking I wrap my arms around her, as I bury my face into the crook of her neck. I hold her tight against me “Thank you, Crys.” I sniffle, as my tears slow down. It takes me a few more minutes to get my ass together.

When I finally do, I pull away, as she still looks at me. I’m not really sure how to describe the look on her face, or the deepness of her stare. I run my hand over her cheek, and to the back of her neck, letting my fingers slip into her hair. I watch as her eyes close, and I let my lips find their way, to hers. It takes her a couple of minutes to respond to me, she‘s probably shocked by my actions. Then her arms wrap around my neck, as our mouths take turns covering each another.

This is my first. I mean, not my first kiss…but my first time kissing someone, so gently. Damn, have I mentioned how good her lips taste. Their so intoxicating, I can’t bring myself to break away. I think my brain, just shut down, cause I’m losing all control, over myself. Then again, if it’s shut down, then what the hell is causing all this shit? My arms curl around her waist and one hand moves to the small of her back, while the other, works its way up her shirt. Our breathing is elevated and I can feel her hands run up and down my chest. Damn, I really want her! I’m just not sure for what reasons. I can feel junior start to ache, maybe that’s what it is…I just need to release, I haven’t in a fucking long time.

She takes my hand, and pulls me towards the bed, letting herself fall onto it. We part long enough to let me pull my shirt over my head. I can see her eyes tracing my body, and it makes me a bit uncomfortable. Damn I sound like a bitch, but no one has ever looked at me that way. So I lean over her, letting our lips reconnect, I feel the warmth of her hands on my back, which send shivers all over me. Usually I want to get down to business, and get myself off. I’ve got to admit…that I’m enjoying this. The warmth of her body against mine. The tingling sensation, of her touch. The taste of her skin, as my mouth leaves hers, and continues down her jaw line, down to her neck. I can feel her heart racing against my chest, and her breathing has quickened. My hand slides from her stomach down to the waistband of her shorts, as my fingers sneak their way under, one by one.

She pushes me gently “Uh…Jack…”

“Yeah…” I come up to look at her, “Wha...?” I see concern in her eyes. I quickly slip my hand out of her shorts “I‘m going to fast! Fuck…!” Way to go Jack, I can't even get laid, before these bastards kill me.

She smiles and nods “No, it‘s just that…well…” she clears her throat.

Oh fuck! What now? She doesn‘t want to do it, got me all fucking hot and bothered and now she wants to change her fucking mind. Aint that a bitch! I start to get up, I don‘t want to show her, that I'm bothered by this. Although, I‘ve never been one to hide my anger. Why am I angry anyways? I've been telling myself, this is impossible, since I met her. I feel her hand against my cheek. Now I‘m plain irritated, and I can‘t look her in the eye. Shit, what was I thinking, I‘m a fuck up, she can definitely do better.

“Jack, please don‘t get mad…I just wanted to tell you…that…well…”

“It‘s all good Crys…” my head snaps up, as I hear someone pulling into the driveway. “Someone is coming anyways…” I stand up and put my shirt back on. I don’t know who the hell it is, I’m not taking chances either. I start for the door, just as I hear the front door fly open.

“CRYSTAL!!” Nick’s whiney voice echoes through the house “CRYSTAL…”

Damn cock blocker. I let out a groan, it’s not like he was blocking anything anyways, I was busy getting fucking rejected. So that’s what that shit feels like. I’m so busy, thinking of what an ass I am, that I don’t see Nick charging at me. “You bastard!” he grabs me by the neck and slams me against the wall. What is it with everyone and my neck, fuck?

“NICK!! Let him go, NOW! What is your problem?” Crystal smacks his arms, but his grip doesn't loosen. "NICK CARTER...NOW!"

His lips are pursed in anger, his eye is black, his lip is swollen and busted. "Because of this fucker...they almost killed me. Some men in black came to visit and not to mention that Howie turned out to be...one of them!" Finally he lets go of me.

My hands fly to my neck, as I choke "Mother fucker!" I throw myself at him, knocking the shithead over, he lands on the floor with a thump, and I'm right ontop of him.

"Would you two just stop already..." I hear Crystal yell.

"I came prepared Jack. I know...who and what you are...your a god damn spy. Now, someone is trying to kill you...but I came prepared." I watch as he reaches behind him. Then a gunshot echoes through the house, as he let's out a yelp. "Fuck...I just shot my ass!"

Talk about being a fucking idiot!

Chapter 21 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Thank you ladies for all your feedback, very appreciated!! Hope you like!

I watch as she paces the hall, which is seriously irritating me right about now. I mean the dumbass shot his ass, not like he shot his dick off or his head. I can’t help, but to press my lips to keep myself from laughing again. What a fucking moron.

“Would you stop smiling, this is serious. He could have shot himself somewhere else, or worse he could have shot YOU!” she hugs herself and gives me a glare.

I snicker, he could have shot me. Sure, he seems so damn coordinated. “Uh…there is no way in hell, I would have let him shoot me.” I raise my brows and stand up, to face her. “You need to calm down. He just shot his ass…”

“You would have killed him?…I mean…” she shakes her head, then looks up at me. “I’m starting to think that killing is a sport of yours. You do it so easily…”

Oh shit, she’s putting the fucking pieces together. Say something Jack, and fast. “Well anyone would kill…if their in danger. These people are dangerous, and I have to eliminate them, before they eliminate me….right now…US!”

“Yeah…” she places her hands on her hips “Well…Jack…who are those people anyways? Why are they after us?” I see the fear return to her eyes. Do I really have to answer that? I can’t really see myself telling her that, I’m an assassin on a mission, who all of a sudden has become someone else’s mission. Nice, that sounds like a great explanation. “JACK!!”

“Huh?”

“We’ll talk about this later, the doctor is coming.” We both turn to face the doctor, who to me, looks like he has a smirk on his face. Hell, who wouldn’t find it funny for someone to shoot their ass. Just remembering the incident makes me want to laugh

"Well, Mr. Carter's wound..." I lift a brow, as the doctor struggles, not to laugh. See? I’m not the only one who thinks this dumbass' accident is fucking funny as hell. "...he um...he's stable and he's going to be fine. Actually the bullet just pierced his flesh." He purses his lips, receiving a glare, from the kid. HA! So I’m also not the only one to get that look, either!

The doc leads us back, to Nick's room. Crystal wants to see him, WAY more than I do! What can I do? I know what I would normally do...tell her tough shit, and then walk away. Damn it...I've become, her little fucking puppy, and she has me on a god damn leash! Why the fuck am I following her to this jack ass' room? The hell with it...let's just get this over with. At least, I can get a good laugh in!

We enter the room and blondie is on his side, staring out the window. “Nick, you have some friends here to see you” the doc informs as he scribbles something down on the chart, in his hands. As soon as he gets a glimpse of us, he turns tomato red. You know how damn hard it is to keep from laughing at him.

“Nick” the kid flies to his side, rubbing his arm. “Are you alright?” she asks. Didn’t the doc just say he’s fine? I watch as she still rubs his arm. That doesn’t bother me one bit…really. Ok, maybe it sends a small current of jealousy through me, but it’s no big fucking deal, I can handle it. She takes a seat on the bed, next to him, still rubbing his arm tenderly.

I purse my lips, leaning against the wall. Fuck this jealously shit…where the fuck did it even come from? “I gotta hand it to you…you sure were prepared!” I snicker, as my lips form into a cocky grin. Ok, so I just irritated the kid. She walks up to me, with annoyance written all over her face. But, hey at least she’s not fawning all over dumb fuck now! “For the love of pete, Jack. Can‘t you control your unnecessary comments? You have no respect!” Her eyes stare into mine, as I look down at her.

She is right about that, he hasn‘t earned my respect. Hell, it's not like shooting his own ass, helped him any. There are only a few people I respect, no make that a couple…cause some have lost it, in the past couple of days. "I..." Before I can get a single word out of my mouth…blondie speaks up.

“He’s got the right to laugh, Crys. Hell, I’d be laughing if it were the other way around.” Damn that stupid fuck, for talking. Now she is back on that bed, sitting next to him.

After what feels like an eternity in that room, we head out to the hall, to give the idiot time to change. I’m surprised he didn’t ask for some fucking help pulling his pants up. “I need to get some water…I’ll be right back. Please stay here…“ she looks at me with pleading eyes.

Oh, so now I’m a damn bodyguard. “Sure…” it’s disgusting how easily I give into almost everything she asks. I watch her disappear around the corner, then I just stand there staring at the wall in front of me. Even with all the shit that is happening around me, I just can’t get all the information I found out about today, out of my head. I had a little sister…and someone cut her life short. Fuck! Why didn't I die with them? Why?

I start to lean my head against the wall, when I see a shadow from the corner of my eye. I turn my head, just in time to catch a glimpse of the person in a black suit, with short, sandy blonde hair, disappear around the corner. I know that… “Tom” I mumble under my breath, as I sprint to the corner. I peer down the hallway. I see nothing, he is already gone. He always was a fast little fucker. God damn it! Out of everyone, he was the only one that I thought might be on my side. It’s fucking obvious, that he’s not.

“I thought you were going to stay over there, Jack!”

I whip around, looking like a scolded little kid. Fuck, not only is it disgusting how easily I give into her, it’s also pretty fucking pathetic that I feel bad when I don’t follow through. “I…I…am…” I furrow my brows, trying to keep my demeanor, not that stuttering helps much. I have to stop being such a pile of…putty around her.

“No…you aren’t Jack. I asked you to stay over there” she points in the other direction. “…by Nick’s door and you’re over here, in a separate hallway.” She crosses her arms, looking at me, like she’s my mother and I’m a bad child. I bite my lip with frustration, fighting the urge to apologize. Jack, does NOT apologize! “Sorry, Crys.” Fuck! “We should go.” I take her hand, and start pulling her towards the elevators.

She comes to a stop and yanks my hand, “We can’t leave NICK!” Oh great…yeah…of course she‘s thinking about him . My jaw tightens and I back her up against the wall. My face is close to hers, as I stare into her eyes. “Look Crys. I’m here, cause I saw someone, okay? Do you think, with a bullet wound in the ass, that he’ll be able to keep up with us? I fucking doubt it! Therefore, he’s better off, if we leave him here.”

Looking up at me, I see a hint of fear in her eyes again. “They are here? Its like they're watching our every move. We can’t just leave him, Jack…they’ll kill him!”

Good, then he’ll be out of my fucking way and I wont have to worry about her devoting her attention to him and his wounded ass. Fucker, gets on my nerves, worse than the kid does. You know what, I don’t like him, plain and simple. I catch a shadow in the corner of my eye, again. “Fine, go tell him to hurry the hell up.” Wait a damn minute, did I just give into her again. I’ll tell you this, If he falls behind, I‘m leaving his patched up ass.

After a couple of minutes, they exit the room, and we begin down the hall. I decide the stairs are safter, I open the door and we begin down the stairway, they aren’t far behind me. We have barely gone down a flight of stairs, when I hear the door, we came through, slam. We all come to a halt, then I lean over the rail and look up, catching sight of none other than Tom. Shit! “Come on!! Hurry up!!” I whisper, harshly. The twosome surprise me, with how quickly they begin descending the stairs.

Finally, we reach the first floor, with Tom still on our tail, I can hear his footsteps, and he’s not far away. We bust through the busy lobby, making all the people sitting in their chairs, snap their heads towards us. I look around paying no attention to the odd looks. I see an alternate route and wave the twosome to follow me. We rush around some people and head down another hallway that according to the signs leads to the cafeteria. We are only a couple of yards away from the exit. I look back, there’s no Tom in sight, but my eyes rest on Nick and Crystal’s linked hands. Just as I turn back around, I hear a gunshot echo through the hall, followed by rupture of panic stricken screams.

I hurriedly shove the twosome through the cafeteria doors, and rush in behind them. We weave through the tables, almost knocking some of them over, till we reach another set of doors. As I stand there trying to figure out which way to go, a bullet buzzes right past me, missing my head by an inch, I watch as it jams into the wall. Motherfucker! “Shit, the kitchen…go through the kitchen…hurry the fuck up!” Nick wraps an arm around Crystal’s waist protectively, my jaw tightens, as I look at them. Here we are getting chased and shot at…and all I can think about, is how damn clingy she is getting to that dumb fuck.

I shake the thoughts out of my head, it’s not the greatest time to be feeling this way. I barrel into the kitchen, instantly pots and pans, clank onto the tiled floor as we knock shit over, and the employees shout at us to get out, as we push them out of the way. Once we exit another door, we find ourselves yet in another damn hallway, with a stairway and elevator at the end. I motion for them to follow, as we hurry down the hall, we make it halfway, when I turn, there is Tom advancing right toward us.

I don’t even notice that I have stopped and Nick and Crystal have continued walking. My ears hear a bell, as I see him lift his shotgun, aiming in my direction, but I know it’s not at me. What should I expect, what the hell do the twosome know about dying, or killing. from the corner of my eye, I watch Nick limp into the elevator, pulling Crystal in with him.

Doesn’t she know that I am the professional here, we somewhat cleared that up earlier didn’t we. I don’t understand why the fuck, she is following his every damn move. Why the hell would he take her, where there is no escape? Well Tom, does have to get past me first…I have already taken aim with my gun, its pointed right at his forehead and his is still pointing towards the elevator, I’m not sure why he’s taking so damn long to take the shot. I know Tom and he usually does things on impulse, no thinking it through.

I can’t believe we are ready to blow each other’s brains out. The only person I’ve probably shared a moment of normalness with, a long night of drinking at a bar, hell, we had even been teamed up on a mission. I also know that he doesn’t look like your average hitman and he’s the only one in the group with a family, besides Don.

His chuckle startles me, but instead of taking a shot, he lowers the shotgun, a cheesy smile is plastered on his face. “You’re an idiot, Jack!” he cocks a brow, standing only a couple of feet away.

I should just blow his fucking brains out, right now, but something is holding me back. You know, it blows, how much I second guess my myself, ever since I came to this town. “Mhm…and why is that, Tom?” I ask, my jaw tightening and my patience running out.

“The rules Jack…the fucking rules. We all looked up to you, Jack and now your nothing…” his mouth curls into a cocky smile. “You know, raping the boss’s daughter isn’t usually a good idea, either.” What? Rape? Psh…I’ve never... "I always thought highly of you Jack..." Now, I might be a cold hearted motherfucker, but I’m not that desperate and horny, that I gotta make some chic screw me. I chuckle bitterly, that Katy, nice way to get back at me for turning her down. It wasn’t my fault if I didn’t want a fucking relationship with her.

“Yeah, well don’t forget the other rule, Tom. Two assassins…” I trail off, knowing damn well, that he knows what the rest is.

“…equals one. Nice knowing you, Jack.” I have to act quickly, he’s drawing his shotgun again.

I bend my arm in, letting my elbow connect with his unusually square jaw, making him stumble back. He brings up his shotgun, jamming it right into my side, I let out a groan. Then he shoves me, making me crash into a mop bucket, spilling its contents all over the floor. I slip and slide my way towards the elevator…as he does the same. My fingers feel on the wall, till I find a random button, and press it repeatedly.

“I bet you’ve heard this more than once! But l should remind you...that, your going to die Jack…or is it Alex?”

My head shoots up, and my blood boils, this bastard new it all along. I grab the empty bucket, taking a hold of the handle, I swing it up over my shoulder and let it ram into his head. He falls back, and lands sprawled out. I stand over him my gun pointed at his head “You…fuck…” I cock my gun, ready to kill the bastard, when I hear a bunch of footsteps and voices coming my way, I quickly turn around. “You just got lucky Tom, kill you later…” the elevator dings, and I jump in.

I place my gun back in its usual spot, then look ahead. My heart is pumping with adrenaline, and my blood is still boiling with anger. Did I say there were a couple of people that I trusted? Well, how about we make it one person now. I let out a sigh of relief, for now, as I watch the doors close.

End Notes:
Yay!! Thank you so much Kristal for ALL your help. I appreciate it!
Chapter 22 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Thank you all for keeping up with Jack and all your reviews. I'm sorry I haven't responded lately...I've been a little on the stressed and busy side with my kids. But, please know that I appreciate them very much. Than you once again.

It’s a little past midnight, and it’s my turn to watch the house. I guess, it’s a good thing, since I wouldn’t be able to sleep anyways. So much shit has happened in the past twenty four hours and some, I still can’t believe. I have a real name, which I’m not letting anyone call me…till it really sinks in. My family was killed…and I’m not sure how or why. I stare at the chaos of squares of hay. Now that I think about it, the place hasn’t been worked on for a couple of days.

Who gives a fuck? I pick up a haystack and fling it to the opposite corner, I watch as it crashes against the barn wall. You know, something else is really biting at me right now. It’s that blonde fucker, the nerve of that asshole, I can fucking swear he does it all on purpose. “God damn it!” I rage, throwing another block of hay.

I’m so fucking mad right now, so mad, that I could just snap his damn neck! Then again, why the hell am I even so damn mad? If the kid wants to fawn all over him, then by all means. Right? I mean, it’s not like I have a right over her, cause I sure as hell don’t. So, I’ve kissed her…it doesn’t give me…you know fuck this. She’s just some stupid annoying, blabber mouth kid. I fling another block into the air, and another one. “Oh who the fuck am I kidding? That damn kid is, seriously fucking with my emotions. What‘s pathetic and disturbing is that I let…no, I‘m letting this shit happen to me. She’s like a god damn disease, that infects you and your pretty much fucked, till it leaves your system, if it ever does. Never before have I been jealous…JEALOUS…what the hell does that even mean? I’ve fought and killed for the obvious reasons, of it being my job or to defend my ass, but never over a woman. Yet, I swear that if it was possible, I’d go suffocate him with a pillow, no…snap his neck, that’s quick and fast.

I’m not sure how many times I repeat the lift and fling thing, but I am out of breath. That doesn’t stop me though, I put all my strength into tossing those blocks across the room. It's really helping me control my anger, but not my thoughts. Damn, I’ve killed about six to seven people in the span of two weeks, that’s a record. What blows, is that I don't get paid for most of them. Now that I think about it, that Howie guy’s body is waiting for me outside. The kid made me drag him out before my breakdown this morning. Oh fuck, I broke down, that's the most pitiful thing, I’ve ever done. Hell, everything I do lately is pitiful.

I turn to look at the dead man‘s body, at the entrance of the barn. Now that’s pitiful, how sloppy I've become…just, leaving the body in plain view. Shooting up hospitals. I let out a sigh of annoyance, as I approach the body, and kneel down next to it. I might as well check the fucker’s pockets, who knows what I might find. I reach into a pocket, then stop, as I hear footsteps near the barn. I immediately stand up, drawing and pointing my gun in the direction of the noise. Maybe, it’s that blonde fuck…then I can have an excuse to put one between his eyes. I can always tell the kid, he snuck up on me.

I narrow my eyes, trying to make out the figure, that is definitely too short to be Nick. I swear if its Tom… “JACK! Will you stop pointing that thing at me, so much! I’m starting to think you might use it on me.” I drop my gun to my side, as I hear her voice. My gaze drops to the ground for a second, then I look back up at her. I can’t help, but look her over, she’s wearing those damn, skimpy shorts, with a little tank top…and it doesn’t leave much to my imagination, either. Is she trying to drive me crazy? Yeah…she is, I can see it in her eyes.

“Sorry Crys…“ Why the fuck do I keep apologizing, to her? I’ve definitely lost my mind. No, she’s taken over my mind…I thought I had it back, but I was wrong.

I turn around, and head into the barn. Stuffing my gun back into its spot, I let out a sigh, as she follows me in “You know…I’m not sure how I feel about a dead guy in the entrance of the barn Jack.” she starts to yap, I think we should be in danger all the time, cause she seems to go mute then. “Wow, Jack, You moved all the hay! Thank you, so much! We were so behind. It would have taken me forever to get that done.” I’m not looking at her, but I can already see her smile.

I hadn‘t even noticed that I put it away in some type of order. I guess my anger, was useful, for once. The corners of my lips, begin to curl into a smile, just with the thought that I’ve made her happy. Then I realize what the hell I’m doing. Psh…I never get a thrill out of making anyone, but myself happy, damn it!

“Yeah well…” I shrug, then rest my hands on a block of hay and lower my head again. I can feel my body start to give out on me.

Suddenly I feel, her arms slide around my waist, from behind. The warmth of her body against mine, makes me stiffen quickly. “Are you ok, Jack? I know it‘s been a very long and informative day. You‘ve been…a little off.” her voice is soft, and caring as she leans her head against my back. Damn, that hot rush catches me off guard, every damn time.

“I’m fine…” that’s about all I can respond, without being a dick. I mean, what does she think, that I’m having a fucking party in my mind cause I found out so much shit and we were almost killed about three times in one fucking day.

“Well…you can always talk to me Jack.” her arms tighten around me, I close my eyes taking in the feeling. “I know something is up, I mean…besides what happened with your family. You seem really…um…angry!”

Oh, now she thinks she knows me. Ok, maybe she’s right about being angry. I wiggle out of her grip and turn to face her “Listen…just forget about it. Alright?“ I furrow my brows, and look her straight in the eyes. Her brows raise, and she crosses her arms over her chest. Ha…she expects me to crack…to break down AGAIN! Well fuck that. I’m not doing it again, especially when it’s just my jealousy that has me in a rage.

“Um…well I’m glad that poor Nick fell asleep on the couch. He was kinda embarrassed cause I had to…well…look at his ass.” she giggles.

Yeah, that’s really cute. Here I am unaware that I’m busting my fucking ass, doing the lovebirds work…while they are inside playing fucking doctor. I’m not going to say anything though. I cross my arms and lean against the hay…ok I have to say it. “He’s a grown ass motherfucker, you would think he can clean his own ass…” I snap.

She looks up at me, startled at my outburst, her smile wipes off instantly “Well, I did the same for you when you were wounded. What’s the difference…” she glares at me.

“I didn’t shoot my ass…that’s the difference. It’s not enough that he was all manfuckinghandling you while you were in danger today, but you have to clean up his ass too.”

Her eyes narrow and she points a finger at me “Oh don’t pull that stupid jealous card on me now, Jack. Every time I come close to you or I try to be affectionate, you push me away…” her eyes were tearing up and her words were cutting off. “You know…I don’t understand you. One minute your so…so…caring and the next you’re the biggest ASSHOLE!”

"I don't want you to understand me...haven't I made that clear enough CRYSTAL" Ok, so I'm shouting, but I can't help it. "You know what....just go back inside and play doctor...with that blonde fucker." my breathing has elevated and I can feel my mouth pursed in anger.

"NO! You have a lot to explain to me...GOD DAMN IT JACK!! There are people trying to kill me...and I want to know why. Because, obviously they are the same ones...after you. What have I done?" The tears are now streaming down her face.

I hate when she does that, my heart literally beats double time and I feel a gut wrenching sense of guilt. What am I supposed to say? I don't have an answer...I mean, I know why they want to kill me. I think. I'm not even sure it's for the reasons I'm thinking. As for her, I have...not the slightest idea, why.

I shake my head, "I don't know Crys."

She charges at me and let's me have one, on the arm "You LIAR! I'm not a damn child, Jack. Just tell me...Why?..." she keeps hitting me and I'm letting her, just because I can imagine her frustration. She's just a kid, after all.

Once she tires herself with beating me, she takes a step back and wipes the tears with the back of her hand "Jack...are you really a spy? Why did you come to Greenville?"

Son of a bitch! How am I supposed to get myself out of this one? She's really aggravating me right about now. I should just leave, that would be the best thing. If they want to kill her, they will with or without me around. "Your asking to many damn questions, that you know I'm not going to answer." I try making way past her.

She puts a hand flat on my chest "You can't just...walk away from me...not, without telling me something." she lets out another sob, as her hand clutches at my shirt. "Jack, I'm so scared...I've tried to be strong and...act like...nothing...just so that I don't make you angry. Bu...but I can't anymore...I've seen you kill two people, without any remorse. There are really bad people out there...who want to kill us...and your acting like nothing. I'M TERRIFIED!"

I don't have her answers, at least not all of them. So, all I can do to comfort her is pull her into me and wrap my arms around her. "It's alright Crys..." I feel her arms hesitantly wrap around me, and her cries are muffled by my chest. "I promise I'm not going to let anyone hurt you..." All of a sudden I hear a noise outside. My eyes dart to the barn door, as I pull away from her and push her behind me.

"What is it?" she whispers, her voice full of fear, as she clings on to my sides.

"I heard footsteps..." I draw my gun again, pointing it at the door, I start to move forward. My heart is racing, there isn't much of an escape in this big box. I swallow hard, as I near the door and hear the sound of leaves being crushed by footsteps approaching us.

Just then out of the darkness, walks into view...blondie, he let's out girlie scream, as he trips over the dead body, and stumbles into the barn, right into my aimed gun. His arms fly up into the air, like he's being held up and his blanket falls to the ground, next to the dead man. I can't help, but burst into a frenzy of laughter. "You scream like a bitch!" I snicker. The kid walks out from behind me, of course, not without letting me have an elbow in the ribs "Ow, what was that for?"

She scowls at me "For being an ass! Are you alright Nick?"

There she goes again, putting her hands on him. Can't she talk without touching? So he tripped over a dead body, like he's the fucking first. You know, I'm going to make him help me get rid of it. That's what he gets for coming out here to snoop around.

"Yeah...sure....I mean...I tripped over a..." he turns to look at the lifeless guy, and takes a deep breath "Dead Howie...who I worked with...and then I got a gun aimed at my head!!!!" he turns to look at me. I can't help to smirk again, his voice is so high pitched when scared or in danger. It's so fucking amusing. "How long have you been out here?" he looks at Crystal and then me.

I'm guessing he's being nosy. "I've been here for the past hour...Why?" I cock my head and give him a glare.

"Um...I've been here for about twenty minutes..." Crystal pipes.

His face goes serious, as he looks at us and then back at the house "I just heard someone in the kitchen...so I thought it was you coming out here. That's why I came to see. I thought you might need..."

"Need what??" That wasn't suppsed to be said outloud. This guy is something else, I'm not even going to worry about it right now. It sounds like we have OTHER things to worry about, besides this fucking jealousy that brews inside of me, whenever he's around her. "Ok I'm gonna go check it out..." I start for the house.

"No, don't leave us here. We don't even have a weapon or anything. Please." She grabs my arm.

With a roll of my eyes I give into her request. We all slowly make way into the house, my gun once again drawn and ready to shoot. I check everything, while the kid and Nick lock windows and doors...as we confirm no one is there. Once the whole house is checked we find ourselves in the middle of the hall.

"Alright house is clear...I'm going to bed." I yawn, hell I'm exhausted and all I want is to make sure that she goes to her own room and he goes to his. I stand waiting on them, but they have horrified looks on their faces. "What?"

"Uh...I can't sleep alone tonight. I just can't." Crystal nods.

Nick quickly, puts an arm over her shoulder and gives her a squeeze "Come on kiddo, you can stay with me."

Who the fuck does he think he is? There is no way I'm letting them sleep in the same room, let alone bed. I clear my throat, inhale and curse under my breath, at what I'm about to say "How about we all sleep in one room?" The twosome look at me surprised.

Hell if I could look at myself, I'd be surprised too!

End Notes:
Thank you Kris!!
Chapter 23 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
The long awaited moment...I hope you guys like.
 

We all look at each other, I take a seat on the edge of the bed. What the hell was I thinking, when I came up with this idea. I have no fucking clue. Here we are in this tiny ass bedroom, us men and her. I thought this guy had some nerve before, but now he’s…oh that’s just great! He’s stripping off his damn shirt and she’s watching him. HA! Oh, so she wants something to look at huh? Why in the hell do I feel the need to compete with this asshole. I grab the hem of my wife beater, and pull it over my head. I can’t help it, I smirk as I feel the weight of her eyes on me now.

See, that’s the way it’s supposed to be. Anyways, I’m in far better shape than he is, I’m not getting cocky or anything, it’s only the truth. Quickly I plop my ass back on the bed, as I watch her, in that rather short pajama ensemble crawl under the covers. “Good night” she yawns, letting her head rest on the pillow. I’m not moving from here, that blonde fucker can think or say what he wants, but I’m not budging.

I sit there watching, him make a nest, on the floor. “So…aren’t you going to make yourself a spot?“ he asks me with raised eyebrows. Fuck no, first of all I don’t sleep on floors and second of all, I’ve slept next to her before, and I fully intend to tonight.

I don't have to give him any explanations, it's more to cover my ass “I have no intentions on sleeping. Someone has to keep a look out, especially since you heard noises earlier."

He smirks “Oh…riiiight…” he shrugs his shoulders and carefully lays down on his stomach, covering himself up. What a shithead!

I get up to look out the window, the sky has been covered by angry rain clouds. I look into the darkness, and get an uneasy feeling, like someone is out there, just waiting for me to fuck up. I really should stay up, as long as I can. Hum…now that I think about it, this could be a perfect time for me to try and look around, after they pass out. I haven’t been able to dig up much about this Richardson guy. I don’t really care about him in general, but I really want to know the connection, between him and the kid.

These two should be exhausted, so there will be no interruptions by either one of them. Every damn time I try to get somewhere, she pops up out of the blue. I can swear she has telepathy…or ESP….whatever the fuck that shit is called. Turning around, I look down at Nick, he’s already on his third dream by the looks of it, plus I saw him take some medication. I walk back over to the bed, and place my knee as softly as possible on the mattress and lean over Crystal. She is snoring so softly I can barely hear it. I push a strand of her hair off her face, and trace a finger lightly over her cheek. Fuck, she's beautiful, after a long sigh, I set off to do my searching.

I make sure not to make to much noise as I sneak down the hall, and I slowly enter Richardson’s room. As I glance around the room, I feel a stitch of guilt hit my stomach. There is a crib in the corner, and a couple of stray toys on the floor. My eyes look over the walls, where there are pictures plastering the walls, of course there is the little green eyed kid, and a couple, of what I make out to be the whole family. “Crys…” I mumble, staring at a small frame with a picture of Crystal. She’s in a soft pink dress, leaning against a tree, her hair loose around her shoulders. Damn, that kid is beautiful, even with that somber look on her face. Scanning the dresser I find another frame, of the kid with a blonde woman, I‘m guessing it‘s her mother. Damn, it looks like she might be Richardson‘s niece, that‘s not to close of a relationship to miss. Right? My fingers touch her face. Damn it Jack, you’re here to find shit out, not stare at pictures.

I start opening drawers, sifting through clothes, looking for anything interesting about this guy. There could be some kind of connection, between him and Don and that’s why he sent me here. I bend down to the bedside table, I swing the small drawer open…owner’s manuals…Bible…a book…papers…nothing. I take a look under the bed “What the hell…?” I find a leather case, before pulling it out, I look over my shoulder, to make sure they haven’t woken up. Once I make sure it’s clear, I open it, luckily there is no lock or code to put in.

At first glance there is a pistol, a badge, some commemorative ribbons and medals. I shuffle through the pictures and come upon a picture of Richardson in a blue uniform. I look over the badge in my hand again, I read the lettering. “LAPD?” How and why would someone from LAPD, be living in this run down town? It could only be to get away from something. I find another picture of Richardson, once again in uniform, with another officer in a dark blue suit, who is slightly shorter than Richardson, and he has salt and pepper hair, They are both holding up medals and smiling proudly. Something draws me to this picture, but I can’t pin point it.

I’m not sure what the hell, my damn gut is telling me, but I’m taking this picture. I stuff it in my pocket, Richardson will be dead anyway, he won’t even know it’s missing. I stuff everything back in the case, close it quickly and stuff it back where it was. There is still nothing that links him to Don, damn it! I find a small desk by the window, last place I can think to look, but I always have the downstairs office. Right away I can tell, that there is nothing but junk papers in it and my rummaging proves pointless. I start for the door and just as I put my hand on the knob, another picture catches my eye. It’s her again, but it looks like one of those professional ones, where she’s all dolled up and smiling. It’s much smaller, just laying on the bookshelf…its small enough to…

“Fuck it, like I said, he wont even know they are missing.” I mumble to myself as I snatch the picture. Can you fucking blame me? I’m only about two days away from getting the hell out of here and I’ll never see her again. That’s the way it has to be, but this picture, will always remind me of her smile. Not that I can forget it, she’s the only person that has ever made me feel all these stupid emotions, that prove worthless. Therefore, instead of standing here like an idiot and already feeling a little…not sad…but…you know what I mean, over the fact that I wont see her again, I should seriously hate the kid. You know what…neverfuckingmind.

Shoving the picture into my pocket, along with the other one, I exit the room and try my best to close the door without making any noise. When I turn around, I’m met with… “What are you doing Jack?” she rubs her eyes, speaking in a hush tone.

“Oh…I…um…” I look back at the door, like the damn thing can help me come up with a reasonable excuse. Think quick Jack, damn it, think quick. “I heard something and I thought I would check the house…again?” I’m a fucking genius, that was a good one…we’ll go with that! I give her a lopsided smile, as I run my hand through my hair, nervously.

“I see…well you should really get some sleep Jack.” she lets out a sigh and hugs herself. I can’t help my eyes from wandering from her feet, with her pink toenails, up her legs, her exposed belly button, the roundness of her…breast, to the groggy look on her beautiful face. “I can’t sleep, I thought I would round up the courage to go get a cup of milk. Would you mind accompanying me.”

She gives me this smile, that well, I can’t say no to. “Uh sure…” she takes my hand in hers and leads me downstairs, there’s nothing, but a couple of crickets chirping, the rain against he window glass and the patter of her feet against the hardwood floors. We reach the kitchen and she lets me go. There go my eyes again watching her walk away, I move my gaze towards the window, to watch the raindrops crash against the glass.

“So…I can’t believe that you are still up, and you haven’t slept one bit. You must be tired.” I watch as she pours herself a glass of milk, and puts the carton back in the fridge.

“Uh…someone has to keep an eye out, Crys.”

“Yeah, that’s true. So, seeing that you aren‘t sleepy…and now neither am I. How about if, I get to know you better.” with three gulps she finishes the glass of milk and advances towards me. “What‘s your favorite color? Do you like to read?” the look on her face is full of anticipation, as she leans her elbows onto the counter and cups her chin in her hands.

“Um…” favorite color…what kind of question is that anyway? Do I like to read, only when I have to read the profile of my assignments, of course that would go over well with her. Lie, Jack. “Um…favorite…color, would have to be black?” ok, that sounded really smart, she agrees with a nod. “I don‘t do much reading…I travel to much. Do the signs on the road count?”

Her giggle echoes through the quiet house “Was that a joke Jack?”

I shrug, not really. “Yeah…I‘m trying to be normal.”

“Ok! Have you ever had a girlfriend? Loved anybody?”

“No girlfriend…and no I have never loved anyone, I don’t think…I…” her gaze falls upon the tiles on the counter, I guess she knows what I‘m about to say. “I don‘t think I ever will.”

She gazes up at me, I can see a bit of disappointment in her blue eyes. She gives me a weak smile “That’s a shame. Ok…I have a good one…What is something you want to do, once you leave this town?”

The question makes my stomach flip, just the thought that I will leave her behind, makes me a bit uneasy. “Well…I thought I would visit…” Damn it, why do I have to get all emotional around her. “Um…West Palm Beach…” I shrug, feeling almost stupid for even, showing some kind of soft side. I do really want to go there, and if I get out of this shit alive. You best bet, that’s were I’m going. “My turn…” I blurt, before she decides to ask me more dumb questions. “How about you? What are you going to do with yourself?”

A loud sigh, escapes her mouth, she turns to lean against the counter, beside me. “I really want to go to school…USC to be exact. I want to be a veterinarian….I‘ve helped around here to tend the animals. So…I want to get a degree, have a family and live happy, with no more drama. Plus my dad…he really wants me to go to school.” her face brightens for a second and then a frown, forms on her perfect, naturally rosy lips. “I know, that’s what my mother would have wanted too.”

“That sounds like a good plan. Your mom…” before I can ask her anything, she interrupts me.

“She died of cancer, about six months ago.” her eyes tear up, I can tell she misses her. “We were so close, but she never…ever told me about my father. The whole time I was growing up, I thought he didn’t love me…I didn’t know he was still alive and he didn’t even know I existed.”

“I’m sorry…” a lump grows in my throat, it reminds me of my family. I can’t even remember any of their faces, I have no memories. Well, except for those that I dream about, and that I have concluded are just my mind making it’s own necessary ones.

Abruptly she turns to look at me, “It’s ok…my plans have changed drastically in the past couple of weeks anyway.” she gets close to me, and places a hand on the waistband of my pants. I swallow hard as I feel her other hand, run over my cheek. “Hasn’t yours Jack…?” her voice is soft, and her lips brush up against my cheek.

I feel hypnotized, every time she gets this close to me. “I…” her eyes penetrate mine, as I move my hands, to rest on her hips. I want to yell at her, for playing with my emotions, but I can’t even say another word. My thoughts drop for a couple of seconds, as her lips connect with mine. Then I realize, I can’t let this happen, no matter how good it feels, or how much I want it. I just can’t. She has a life mapped out and I can’t ruin it for her, I wont let myself do that to her. I pull away, breaking our lip lock “Listen…your just a kid. You’ve got your plans and…I’m really not good for you, Crystal.”

Her eyes tear up, and her chest heaves with anger “Why…?” she speaks softly and then, out of the blue pushes me away “I’m not a KID, Jack. I know what I want and it’s you. I want to be with you…and I love you. WHY CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT!!” she yells at me and darts towards the door, swiftly unlocking it, she runs out of the house and into the dark, rainy night.

I run after her, almost instantly getting pelted with rain. “Damn it, Crystal come back here.” I find her standing in between the stables and the barn, her hands clasped over her face, she’s drenched. “Fuck Crys…this isn’t the best time to be running around like a stubborn ass brat!” alright, so I shouldn’t be scolding her, on top of telling her that we aren’t meant to be together.

Her head snaps up and she glares at me, letting me have a blow to the chest. OW! “It’s not like you care anyways.” What am I supposed to answer to that? I let out a sigh and do what I think is easier…I say nothing, but grab her arm and start to drag her towards the house.

Yanking her arm from my grip, she comes to a halt “Why do you have to be such a bad ass. Huh? Why can’t you just…let somebody care about you?” she yells at me, I swear, if I didn’t…I would kill her right now. I stand there, staring at her, as the rain soaks us both and I feel each drop, hit hastily against my bare skin. Now, my chest is heaving just as fast as hers, I’ll walk away, just leave her here…I turn around and start towards the house. When suddenly I feel her against me, her hands snake around my waist and rest on my stomach. “Jack…”

I swallow hard, no matter how fucking much I’m fight to keep my guard up, she’s knocking it down. Without a second thought I turn to look at her, her eyes lock with mine. My heart is pounding, full force, it almost feels like it’s in my ribcage. I’m not sure what I’m about to do, but I have to admit, I need it just as much as she does. My hands make way towards her face, and once they cup the back of her neck, her eyes slowly close, with anticipation. I bend down slowly, letting our mouths meet , then hungrily my lips cover hers. She responds with, just as much force, as her hands fly up to my bare chest, up my shoulders and around my neck. Before, I know it, she’s leading me to the stables, I’ve never been in here before.

I can’t help, but to smirk at the coincidence of a small, made up bed, in the farhand corner of the stables, luckily nowhere near the animals. I can tell she’s nervous, maybe even scared and I’m not sure why...unless…it’s her first time. My thoughts are broken, by her lifting her shirt over her head, I’ve been yearning to see that, for so long. My lips break into a smile, I’m delighted at the view and she knows it. She walks over to me, letting her hands and fingers trail every tattoo on my arms, no one has ever done that before. I feel her warm lips on my shoulder, up my neck, and over my jaw. There is a tingling sensation on my skin, where her lips just trailed.

I don’t even notice we are moving, until she plops on to the bed, and pulls me gently onto her. I’ve never been this patient, this explorative, this full of emotions, I can’t really explain at the moment. I CAN say, that my chest feels like it might explode, if I breathe to heavily. The place is dark, except for a light glow of the moon, peering through a tiny window above us. I can hear the horses stirring a couple of feet away, the rain outside, and our heavy breathing.

I’ve never explored someone, like I just did her, it amazes me to see what I’ve been missing. She smiles up at me, Her warm bare body, against mine, sends a hot rush through my body “Your trembling Jack” she whispers. Trembling? I don’t respond, I’m too embarrassed to admit, that, it’s definitely not the cold that has me shaking in my own skin. I look down at her, as my suspicions, of it being her first time are concluded, by a gasp and the look of pain that washes over her face. I stop, hoping that I haven’t hurt her, maybe I’m going to fast. Damn it Jack! Her hands cup the sides of my face, and she gives me that smile, that makes it feel like a million...butterflies...fluttering in my stomach “It’s ok…I’ll be fine.” her words reassure me, as I smile back at her.

I somehow know tomorrow, I'll regret this and it wont be the actual deed...but the unfamiliar feeling my heart...you know, how about I leave it at that. I shake all the bad thoughts, trying to overcome this mind-blowing experience. My eyes instinctively close, to take in the first and possibly last moment of something meaningful...in my life and I let her  soft sounds, the rain pelting the rooftop, and the excessive drumming of my heart, drown out everything around me.

End Notes:
thank you Kris for getting this started. Love ya *hugs*
Chapter 24 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Thank you guys, for all the reviews. I love them like always...woot!
I wake up the next morning with a kink in my neck, I hadn’t even realize how small this bed is. Hell, there are a lot of things I didn’t realize last night, like the fact that I wasn’t looking after the house, that there are fucking farm animals in the same room as me. The most shocking one, is that I let her snuggle up against me, I have never in all the time, that I’ve been screwing woman, have ever let one snuggle up on me.

I feel her shift against my body, and I realize that last night, was nothing like all the other times. There was something different about it, not just physically, but something deep inside of me. I know, that sounds fucking gay, but it’s only the truth. Just being next to her right now, has my heart racing.

This shit is kinda sickening if you ask me, she better not think I’m going to get all lovey dovey with her, cause she’s in for some bad news. So, right now I should get my ass up and right the hell, outta here. Like I said, that’s what I should do. Instead, I’m laying here, butt ass naked, with my arms tightly wrapped around her and I can’t seem to make myself move.

She moves once again, her face, peaks through her jumble of blonde hair. Tracing my fingers over her eyebrow and down her cheek, I briefly close my eyes, and take in her warmth and the scent of her body. Damn it, everything about this girl, just…drives me crazy. What the fuck is happening to me?

"Jack?" her voice interrupts my thoughts, and I open my eyes, to meet hers. Have I mentioned how fucking amazing those blue eyes are? Just another thing, that’s etched into my mind, so when I leave, I will never forget that smile of hers and those Crystal blue eyes.

My grip loosens around her, I‘m not sure what I‘m supposed to do. I can‘t exactly act like a dickhead and I don‘t want to get all soft on her either. I‘ll just be chill "Morning." I give her a weak, half smile. I am not going to get all soft, and emotional. It's just not going to fucking happen!

She leans up and softly kisses my lips, before getting up. "We better get up, Jack. It's almost 9 already, and who knows who is lurking around." Damn...I didn’t expect her to, just get right up. It's kind of a disappointment, that she's putting her clothes back on. "Well...are you just going to lay there, or what, Jack?"

Fuck, where is my damn brain? Get up Jack, "I...uh...I better check things out...before you go anywhere." I get up and throw on my jeans, grab my gun, and head to the door. I can feel her, right behind me, but she's not clinging onto me, like usual. Why isn't she clinging?

Once again the damn weather is fucked up. Does the sun not shine on this side of the fucking world? I look around, before exiting the stables. I make my way across the yard, to the house. I feel the urge to reach out and make sure she‘s right behind me, but there has to be a reason, she‘s keeping a distance from me. We reach the house, hearing and seeing nothing. I carefully kick open the door, and hold my gun out, listening for any signs of movement. "Stay here." I whisper, as our eyes lock, she just nods, before I make my way further into the house.

After checking every room. I let out a disappointed sigh, there ARE times, that I wish someone would pop out of nowhere, so I can have something to do. I think it‘s this whole week, full of running, hiding, shooting and being shot at. I reach her room, and notice Nick still passed out, from the damn meds. I kneel next to him, making sure the fuck is still alive...damn it...of course he is!

"Well?" She questions, as I re-appear, in the entryway.

"Coast is clear and blondie is still sleeping." I report, standing right in front of her, as I tuck my gun away. Our noses are almost touching, and our eyes are locked, but she’s not, saying anything or even making an attempt to touch me. Why isn't she responding to me? Any other girl, would be all over me, the next day...well...the next time I saw them, if put in that position. I don't usually see a woman the next day. Shit, I try not to see her ever again, if possible.

My eyes stay on her, as she moves around me and heads into the kitchen. "Care for something, to eat, Jack? I'll make breakfast." I watch her open the fridge and rummage around, pulling out eggs and butter. I take a seat on the stool, at the breakfast bar, and continue to watch her move around in the kitchen. So here's the thing...I said that she was in for some bad news, if she thought I was going to get all lovey dovey on her...so why the fuck am I sitting here, wishing for a sign, that she wants me to be all lovey dovey? Fuck...she's acting as if nothing even happened. Why in the hell, is this even bugging me? I don't want her to be lovey dovey...and I sure as hell, don't want to be lovey fucking dovey. Jack does not do lovey dovey!

I’m not sure, what the fuck is going on with me right now, but it’s really irritating. I mean, I’ve come to the point, that I irritate myself. Is that even possible? There has got to be some kind of misunderstanding, because there is no way...shit…ok, fine I have to admit it to myself. I want her, to want it, the lovey dovey-ness. She doesn't even seem captivated by what happened last night.

"Morning." Nick's voice snaps me, back, to reality, I don‘t speak, just give him a nod.

On the other hand, she smiles, like she‘s seen God or something. "Hi Nick, breakfast is ready." She walks up, to him, hands him a plate and kisses his cheek. Fucking nice! What the fuck is that?

"Hey, thanks beautiful!" Nick grins, sitting to my left. I can swear he, likes to push my buttons. Little does he know, that I might end up, putting another bullet in his ass...maybe two.

Crystal walks up, on my right, and sets down a plate. "Here you go, Jack." I prepare, for my kiss on the cheek, but it doesn't come. Figures...I'm the one that makes...has se...is her first, and I'm the one that doesn't get a damn kiss. Oh fucking well, I really wasn‘t expecting it. The three, of us eat our breakfast, in almost a dead silence. I eat with one hand, my other resting on my gun that’s laying on the counter. I've got a gut wrenching feeling that someone is lurking around here, somewhere, and I gotta to be prepared, for them!

With all this running around and shit, I forget, how good the spew of warm water, feels against the body. I’m taking my time, in the shower today, it could be that I’ve been in a daze, ever since last night. I run my soapy hands over my chest, up my shoulders and other areas, that I wont mention. Damn my body aches, and I‘ve got cuts and fucking bruises everywhere. I let out a sigh, as I step out of the shower and wrap a towel around my waist.

I can’t believe how much, last night keeps running through my mind. Usually, I’ve got a ‘I got laid’ smile on my face, and of course that burst of energy. But today, I feel like sitting on this bathroom floor and hiding out, till Richardson gets here. Every time I look at her, I feel a flutter in my stomach and my heart beats at rapid fucking speed. I can’t stop thinking of the warmth of her body against mine, the smell of her skin or the way she had called out my name. It was almost like a whisper, but I heard it clearly. She called me ‘Alex’ I know, I said that there is no way of getting used to that name, but after hearing it out of her mouth, I think I can learn to like it.

When I come out of the bathroom, half dressed, I find the best friends in the living room, in a tickle fight. She showered and changed into a clean pair of jeans, and a white tank top, that shows off her stomach. The stomach, that Nick is having a fucking great time, poking with his fingers. I feel a rush of annoyance, run up and down my body. The kid doesn’t seem, bothered at all, with his hands all over her. I ignore it, and lean up against the kitchen counter. I forget about the twosome, as my eyes dart from the front window, to the kitchen window and to the back door. Someone pulled up and these two moron’s didn’t even notice, all because they were so fucking busy, feeling on each other. I take my gun in my hand and stuff my black wife beater, in my back pocket.

“Is everything alright?” Nick’s stupid voice, rings in my ear. It will be, if you keep your damn hands to yourself. I can’t help, but smirk, it would be so nice, if I could just turn around and pop him one, no one would miss his stupid, holey ass, anyways. I bite my tongue, to keep from making a smart ass comment, that might sound like jealousy. Slowly I creep through the kitchen and look out the backdoor window, there is a nice red Audi parked in the back and no one is in it. Did it take me that long to get here? Just as I place my hand on the knob, the door flies open and I aim, then hear a ear splitting scream.

“You stupid asshole!! Why would you point a gun at me? Put it away…” Holly steps into the house, like she owns the fucking place. I try not to roll, my eyes, but they seem to have a mind of their own. I carefully, put the gun away and look up at, the startled woman.

“You shouldn’t sneak up on people like that, if you don’t want a gun in your face. What the fuck are you doing here?” I can’t help, but be the nasty asshole, that I usually am. She’s not the kid, I don’t feel the urge to be nice, to her.

She lets out a sigh, and rolls her eyes at me “I wasn’t sneaking up, I had to park my new car back here, for a reason. Do you always have to be such a jerk?” we are both standing in the doorway, face to face, glaring at each other. I know the woman, still wants me, her eyes keep trailing down my chest. Ha…it’s not gonna happen, again baby.

Crystal and Nick meet up with us in the kitchen, and they both greet her politely, although I can tell, that the kid, doesn’t like her presence one bit. “Is everything alright Holly?” Crystal asks, stuffing her hands in her pockets and leaning against the wall, next to me.

“Actually, I just came to let you know that my dad is on his way. He heard about the shooting at the hospital…and well, people identified you pretty accurately. I thought I would warn you.” she shrugs, and looks up at me, with her big puppy eyes. I’m still not falling for it. Tempted, but…no.

I’m about to respond to her, when I hear tires, making contact with the gravel outside, “Damn it!” I mumble, knowing that if this sheriff, checks me out…I’m fucked. I could just kill him, but then again, he’s Holly’s dad and he’s only doing his job. I have to stop killing people, I don’t get paid to kill.

There is a sturdy knock on the door and we all exchange looks “Ok, you two hide in the pantry, while Crys and I stall him.” he grins, at the surprised look on my face. I AM taken, by surprise for the following reasons. One, he’s actually going to cover for me, I would think he wants to kill me, just as much as I want to kill him. Second, Me and horny Holly in the pantry, could mean danger, but I rather that, than a small cell, with a big overgrown fuck, that will want to make me his bitch. “Well…go”

My eyes meet with the kids, but she doesn’t smile or anything, she just looks away and walks behind Nick. I grab Holly by the arm, and push her into the small, dark room. Once again, we are face to face and I can feel her leg against mine, I’m just hoping she keeps her damn hands to herself and that her father, leaves quickly. It’s fucking stuffy in here, I’m not cluster phobic or anything, but the lack of clean air in this dark and tight place is making me antsy.

“You fucked her didn’t you…you have that look on your face.” Holly whispers, but I can feel the force in her voice. “What does she have that I don’t Jack?”

I try to ignore her, but she keeps pressing on the same two questions. This is why, I hope I never see girls that I screw around with…ever. They are fucking clingy, they think they have all the rights over you and they act, fucking desperate. “No, I haven’t fucked her…she’s a good kid. And she’s got a lot more self respect, than you do.”

She huffs, “That’s bullshit, the way you both look at each other, gives it all away. You’re in love with her and you don’t even know it, or you do know it, but your trying to ignore the fact. You’re a fucking coward…”

This woman, can really push someone’s buttons. Can this guy, please leave so I can run the fuck out of here and away from crazy. “How about you do something for me?”

“What?” her voice, shifts into a seductive tone, and I feel her hand run across my bare chest.

“Shut the fuck up!” I snap at her, taking her wrist in my hand, but I have to admit that this woman is stubborn. Suddenly, the door flies open and I find myself, staring at Nick and Crystal. Nick has a smirk on his face, too bad, I can’t say the same about Crystal. “Is he gone?” I break the silence. Without a word, the kid nods and crosses her arms, as I realize I'm still holding onto Holly's writs, quickly I let it go.

Crazy and I step out of the pantry and she smacks me in the chest “That’s for being an asshole.” she smacks me again. “I’m out of here, I don’t even know, why I bothered coming to save your ass.” she snatches her keys from the counter and walks out the backdoor.

I stand in the doorway “I never said, I didn’t appreciate it.” I yell at her, with a wide grin on my face. I’m amused at how pissed she is. “Thank you!” I shout, with a small laugh, that I can’t help.

“Fuck you Jack! I hope you…” she looks up at me and gives me a glare. “I hope you DIE!” Just as the last word escapes her mouth, the unexpected happens.

In a split second. Her words are followed by a really loud explosion, followed by an eruption of orange and red flames, that swallow the Audi, along with Holly and sends all three of us in the house flying across the kitchen. Glass shatters around us and I even feel the house shake. Quickly I look around “Crystal!” I shout, then notice she’s hiding under the stares, mumbling to herself.

I can hear crackling, and the thumping of debris still hitting the ground. I get up and look outside, there is nothing, but a cloud of dark smoke and flames, devouring whatever is in it’s path. I can’t help to focus on the small car, another fucking innocent person. Right about now, I’m wondering if their missing on purpose, to fuck with our heads, my head to be specific. Their anticipating, that I’m going to let my guard down and they might be onto something, because lately, my senses are failing me.

These bastards, are getting so close, I can almost feel my fate, tapping me on my shoulder.

End Notes:
Thank you Kristal, I actually used a lot of what you wrote this time...yay!!
Chapter 25 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Thank you guys so much for the reviews. I have my internet back, so I'm going to start responding to your reviews. I hope you like this chapter, Kristal and I put a lot of work into it. Woot. Thanks hun!

Finally scrambling to my feet, I make my way over to Crystal. The force, of the explosion, caused the glass cabinet to fall over, and shatter into pieces all over the place. I step over it, and find her still huddled under the stairs, mumbling to herself. “Come here, Crys! Are you ok?” I reach my hand out to her, but she doesn’t take it.

Swiftly, she stands up and looks me square in the eyes. “We are going to die, aren’t we, Jack?”

I let out a deep sigh, and stay quiet. At this point…I’m not sure if we’ll make it out of this, alive, or not. So, I don’t really have an answer for her, but I can’t let her know that. After glancing at her bare feet, I take her in my arms, and carry her over the scattered glass on the floor. Once in the living room, I set her down “You two stay here…I need to go look around.“ I pull my gun out and start to turn around, but I’m stopped by her arms wrapping around me. I know it’s not the time, but I knew she couldn’t contain herself for too damn long. “You can’t go out there, Jack. They might be waiting for you! You could be next! You saw…how they blew her up…”

She’s gripping my shirt now, and her eyes are pleading. Am I supposed feel good, since she doesn’t want me going out there? Does she really care, I know she’s told me a couple of times that she loves me, but…is it possible that someone cares about me? “I’ll be right back woman!”

“Jack…please…please don’t go out there…”

I grab her hands gently and pry them off my shirt “Listen to me I can take care of my damn self…I can handle this, Crys. I’m a big boy.” I know I was a little disappointed about her coldness earlier, but quite frankly who am I kidding, I can’t give into the lovey dovey shit…especially with, this goofy ass fucking blonde…sorry excuse of a cowboy right behind me.

“You know what, give me a gun, Jack. I’m going out there, with you. She’s right…you shouldn’t go alone.” Of course…he’s always got to butt into things! I would think he’d be cowering somewhere in a damn corner, but noooo, he’s all up in the mix. Shit, sometimes I really hope he’s next, then again, I know the kid would be devastated. So fuck it, I take that comment back.

“What the fuck happened to your gun?” I snap at him, with a raised brow, as I tilt my head. He has to got be fucking kidding, me. I mean seriously…the dumb fuck shot his own ass.

“Wait a damn minute, you guys can’t leave me here, all alone!” her eyes go wide, as she stares up at me. I would much rather the blonde one stay with her, than to follow me. It's enough work having to watch my own ass, let alone another one with a wound on it.

“And that’s why he…should stay with you.” I start towards the door, but I stop dead in my tracks as I hear her stern voice.

“Fine! I know you have more guns, in that bag. Just…give us each, one, okay? Can you really say no? Or do you want someone to come in here and blow our heads off.” her last dramatic sentence did me in. Typical woman…testing me. She wants to know if I care…and this is the first test given to me, by a woman, that I will actually pass.

I quickly snatch my bag off the floor and dig into it, being careful not to show or spill the rest of its contents, that I’m pretty sure nosy one and two have already seen. I pull out a pistol and hoping the dumbass catches it, I toss it at Nick.

Now, I’ve seriously lost my damn mind, because I walk over to her with two different weapons in my hand and bluntly ask her “Which one can you handle?” I hold up the pistol in my left hand, and my baby…the sniper riffle in my right. I raise a brow waiting for her answer.

She looks at me stunned, “Is that a…oh my god Jack! That’s a sniper gun! Wha…” Nice, I’m impressed that she recognizes what it is.

“Yes it is, now which one you want, babe?” Holy fucking shit! Did I just call her that?!? The surprised look on her face, confirms it. I have to play this off, damn it I feel a warmth of embarrassment creep up on my face. I never knew that this whole, having feelings for someone, was so challenging. She brings me back from my trance with the word “Both”

Her hand barely brushes against mine, as she reaches for the rifle, sending a hot rush through my body. I ignore the stupid, feeling that grows in the pit of my stomach and question her answer “Both?” I raise a brow, now I know she can be tough when she wants, but I’m not so sure, about being able to handle my baby.

“Uh…yes both. Look I’ll go upstairs and prop it in the window, I can be your back up. Like in the movies.”

What? I can’t help, but crinkle my eyebrows, in disapproval. “This isn’t a movie Crys!”

“I know that” she rolls her eyes at me "It was just a figure of speech. Like I said, the rifle will go in the winodw, and I’ll keep the pistol, just in case someone comes after me, its way easier to aim the pistol than it is, to aim the rifle.” she purses her lips, obviously satisfied with her answer. Hell, I’m pretty impressed with it myself, she‘s got her way of convincing people, although I’m not too convinced, I‘ll tell you that much.

“Fine, just be careful!” I hand them both to her, not sure if it’s the wise thing, to do. Could she really handle these weapons? I guess I don’t have much of a choice…besides…I trust her…well, as close to trusting, as I can get, anyways.

Nick and I both watch her head up the stairs, then I wave him down to follow me. I’m surprised at how quiet he’s been, yet I’m pretty pleased by it too. His voice is fucking annoying and squeaky. I grab extra ammo, and shove it in my pocket, I slowly lead him out the back door. We both have our guns drawn, as we make way towards the stables, he’s a little behind, since he’s still limping.

“Damn that bitch reeks!” he blurts, scrunching his nose, as we come upon what looks like, what’s left of Holly. He‘s fucking right, the smell of a burnt body, is pretty damn nasty!

“Shut up” I order harshly, as we near the scene of the explosion. The fire has dwindled, there’s only the heavy smoke in the air and a large black spot where the barn USED to be. I wonder what Richardson will think, when he rolls up to see his barn blown up. Oh well, he might not even have much time to bitch about it.

“I don’t see shit, Jack” Nick whines, just as he spins around, we hear the crunching of leaves. My ears perk up, and I turn in the direction of the noise. It’s coming from behind the stables. Nick and I walk side, by side, looking in all directions, making sure to stay close to the side of the wall. Just as we get ready to round the corner, I can swear I see movement in the patch of the woods.

“Over there” I whisper, tapping his arm and pointing towards the trees. He nods his understanding and we both duck down behind, a woodpile. Fuck, this having to take care of other people is so damn hard. I have the kid whose supposed to be in the window and this limping fool, out here in the open. I happen to look up, and see that Crystal has positioned herself, in the window to the far left. You know, this woman confuses me, sometimes she’s this sweet, innocent, maybe even naive kid and other times she’s scolding me, cursing a storm and even comes off as tough.

For a brief moment, I see her eyes, scanning the place, even with the distance, I can tell she’s terrified. I guess, she’s not as tough, as she likes to pretend. I’m hoping that she can supply the back-up though. My eyes shift from the wooded area, where nothing seems to be happening, back to the window, where I see a slight motion from her. I have to admit, she’s doing a pretty good job, with staying out of sight.

She signals that I’m clear with her hands, I peek around the stacked wood, double checking her conclusion, just to be sure. I signal to the right, letting Nick know which way, he should go. I hold a finger up, then another…just as I hold up the third, we both sprint towards the woods, quickly finding cover. I head to the left and hide behind an old abandoned well. Nick heads to the right and ducks behind a small tool shed. We both snap our heads up as we both hear more rustling. My heart rate picks up, the adrenaline is kicking in and I’m ready to rumble!

Just as I’m about to jump out and test my luck, I take a glance at the window and see her signal not to move. Now I can’t help, but wonder if she knows what the hell she’s doing, or if she would even have the guts to shoot anyone. My eyes stay fixed on the window, and I strain my ears to hear every little noise possible, but everything is quiet, except for the rustling of the tree’s with the wind, and the crackling of the small fire that's still burning. I can barely see the tip, of the rifle. Hell, I can’t even see her, damn, I think, she actually knows what she’s doing.

Finally I see the tips of her fingers pointing right. I’m a little confused as to what it means…is there someone to my right or should I GO to the right? You know, I’m going to go on instinct, on this one. Right when I get ready to move from my spot, Nick walks out from behind the tool shed, hands up in the air and a panicked look on his face. Oh fuck, see what I mean. I’m dying to look up at the window. She must be, just as panicked, cause she hasn’t taken a shot at him. Which can only mean that she doesn’t have a clear view or she doesn’t have the guts to do it.

“Hey there Jack…” Tom! That fucker, he’s got Nick. “Wow, you’ve lost your touch, your skills aren’t working to your advantage, lately. The things a woman can do.” the bastard is laughing at me. He finally steps out from behind Nick, and pushes him towards the clearing. Our eyes are boring into each other. To think I used to believe I could rely on this guy. It has to be that wide jaw of his, or the toothy grin. Hell, Don and I used to pick on him, cause he looks like a damn goofy, church boy.

I have to do something quick, and I think I have just the thing. Pushing his buttons can probably work. His family is everything to him “Leave him out of this Tom…this is between you and me.” he has a mocking grin plastered on his face, and it’s really irritating me.

Nick goes pale, when Tom stands next to him, pressing the gun against his temple. There is a clear shot and I’m wondering why the kid, hasn’t taken it. “This isn’t REALLY between you and me…I’m just the middle man, you’re a fucking jackass!” Did he just call me… “You just had to do one thing and you went and screwed it all up Jack.”

“I was doing just fine, until you guys sent that dumb fuck rookie to kill the girl.”

He lets out a loud laugh “Like you really give a shit about the giiiiiiiiiirl, you’ve never given a shit about anything, but yourself and that piece of shit car of yours! Get on your knees…” he demands Nick, with a shove, now holding the gun to the back of his head.

I have to admit, that I’m pretty much out of options here. The kids not shooting, Nick doesn’t have his…well my gun anymore and if I don’t think fast, he’s gonna put a bullet in his head. Taking a deep breath I bring up my gun, aiming it directly at him “How would you like me to tell that curly headed little boy that his father is gone…how about that sexy wife of yours? Don’t mind if I have a…”

“DON’T FUCK WITH MY FAMILY JACK!!” he abruptly pushes Nick ,sending him stumbling a couple of feet away. I told you that’s the right button to push. He’s coming right at me, gun aimed and a pissed off look on his face. “I’LL KILL YOU RIGHT NOW!!”

We’re only inches away from each other, our guns are drawn and we’re standing there, waiting to see who shoots first. The moment is surreal to me, it almost feels like my heart is about to burst through my chest, and the whole ranch is spinning around me. Suddenly he looks up and aims, and a shot booms through out the clearing. “Noooo” I yell, as I let him have a blow in the stomach. He bends down, and swiftly comes back up, catching me off guard he lets me have the butt of his gun, across the face.

I stumble backwards, tripping over a pile of wood. I land flat on my back, losing grip of my gun. Instantly he’s on me, crushing my throat with his knee and all his weight. I let my fist connect with his hip, but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Other than piss him off. Well ain’t this a bitch! I choke, trying to breathe.

“It’s time Jack…There’s no getting out of this now, you’re a dead man. Just so you know the pay for offing you is HUGE! You should have thought twice about breaking the rules Jack, you’re not supposed to get attached to the target, you dumb fuck!” He points the gun directly between my eyes, I‘ve never really had a barrel this close to my face before. I’m not a bitch, but I really can’t look. I close my eyes, waiting for him to pull the trigger. Although I’m feeling like, I’m about to blackout anyways. I try to understand what the fuck he’s talking about. I think everyone has lost their damn mind? And where the fuck is my bac…

Another loud bang resounds around me, I flinch and pop my eyes open. Obviously the gunshot didn’t come, from him. I see Tom’s gun laying on the ground, beside me and he looks at me in shock, holding the side of his neck, that is pouring out a shit load of blood. I almost want to help him, hearing him gurgle. I look past him and notice Nick standing several feet away, his gun still drawn. Well I’ll be damned, the fucker saved my miserable life. Aint that some shit!

Just as Tom tries to lift himself up, blood splatters from his chest onto my face. The kid finally fired…she hesitated…and it’s a bit late…I guess there goes the thought that she might be one of us. No hired gun, would ever hesitate, like that. I’m so deep in my thoughts, and a coughing fit, that I haven’t noticed that, the shot has knocked Tom off of me, and that Nick is offering me his hand, so I can get up. Well fuck me beautiful…I’ve never been that damn close to death, before.

I take his hand and get up, getting a last glimpse of Tom. What a damn shame! “See you in hell man!” I mumble, limping along with my life saver. I can’t believe I’m about to do this, hell, there is a lot of shit I can’t believe, lately. “Thanks…for…” I move my head “You know…”

Nick gives me a cocky grin “Saving your ass! It was nothing…” he shrugs, like he’s the professional killer. Please, he was scared shitless, just a couple of minutes ago. A relief comes over me, as a see the backdoor of the house, I can’t wait to see her. “Although, I’ve gotta admit man, that I about pissed my fucking pants, when he put the gun to my head.”

I can’t help myself from laughing at the fucker, I gotta admit that he’s not that bad. I smack a hand on his shoulder and grin widely “You are fucking gay!” we both look at each other, he’s nodding his head and rolling his eyes and I’m grinning cause I got the last word in and we’re still alive…for now!

Chapter 26 by kevmylove

Things are settled down now, after a couple of hours of Crystal having a break down. Yes, a break down…as soon as we entered the house, she jumped into my arms and was crying hysterically. I was thinking someone had attacked her and there was a dead guy upstairs, or that she was upset that Nick had been pointed in the noggin or she was in shock, from shooting Tom. It was none of the above. She was upset that I had a gun between my eyes, and that she had hesitated to pull the trigger.

It was quite the sight, there were tears streaming down her face, her hands were caressing me everywhere, she was apologizing over and over and Nick was having a blast with the whole scene. I reassured her many times, that it was ok, that I didn’t expect her to shoot. Tell you the truth, I hadn’t expected her to shoot, I was HOPING she would.

Damn I need a smoke! I rummage my bag, but there are no cigarettes. I’m tempted to hop on that motorcycle and cruise into town for a pack, but I can’t leave these two alone. I’m expecting the worse now, I think that’s almost all Don’s workers, so if the bastard wants me dead, he’s gonna have to come after me, his damn self. Hell, I think that’s the best, I have a couple of questions for his ass. If he lied to me about my name and my family’s death, he definitely has the answers. That bastard!

I still can’t believe that Tom is dead, and you might think that I’ve gone soft, but I dug up a hole for him earlier, I took off his wedding ring and I promised myself, that if I get out of this alive. I’ll be visiting Mrs. L and his kid. She doesn’t have to know it’s my fault, he’s gone.

I peek out the living room window, but all I see are the trees around the driveway, the truck, motorcycle and the Camaro. The sun is slowly going down, and darkness is creeping up on us. Which reminds me that tomorrow is the big day. The day I’ve been waiting for. The fucking day, that has me in this whole god damn mess. Why the fuck wasn’t Richardson here when I needed him to be? It would have made my life, much less complicated or not.

Speaking of Richardson, I’ve concluded that I wont kill him, and definitely not the baby. There is no reason to anymore, I’m not gonna get paid for it and well it seems that, he’s gotta be important to the kid. I think he might even be her uncle, and her dad works here with him. She doesn’t really talk about her dad much, I guess, I can’t blame her for it. Its only been a couple of months, since she found out about him. A deep sigh escapes my chest, as I think about her, at the moment, my mission is keeping her alive. I couldn’t live with myself if anything happened to her, just the thought makes my insides twist into knots. A snore from Nick, who is passed out on the recliner, brings me back to the present. I think I should forget about the mess for a couple of hours, and get some rest. I’ll have to be up later on tonight, to keep an eye out. I put my gun on the lamp table and spread myself out on the sofa, my eyes instantly start to close.

A couple of minutes later, I’m startled by the warmth next to me and the arm around my waist. I groggily open my eyes and notice that the kid is damn near laying on top of me. Her body is between the sofa cushions and my body, one of her legs is over mine and her head is right on my stomach. I can’t help, but smile. I gently lift my hand and run my fingers through her soft, wavy hair. Simply having her this close, is making my heart race and filling me with the memories of the night before. I don’t want to distract myself with those memories, so I close my eyes again, hoping sleep will consume me and my thoughts.

The next morning I wake up, to the brightness of the dreadful day, beaming in my face. I groan, and shift myself, forgetting the girl resting on me. Damn it! I can't believe that we all slept through the night, especially me. She slowly looks up at me, her groggy blue eyes lock with mine. A wide smile grows on her face and crimson covers her cheeks. Sitting up she rubs her eyes “I’m sorry…I was scared last night and well, there wasn’t really another spot.”

I give her a crooked smile and nod “No worries…listen, I’m going to wash up and head out to the store.”

“Your gonna leave us here…?” she pouts and her eyes glaze over with tears.

My body stiffens, mid-stretch and I let out a frustrated sigh. It’s not like I’m going to carry them BOTH, wherever the hell I go. I need my privacy. Some time to think, what the fuck I’m going to do. “Crys…everything will be fine…” I’m tempted to let her know, that half of Don’s men are lifeless outside, but I’ll keep that piece of information to myself.

Nick, yawns loudly and carefully stretches out. “We can take my truck, Jack. I don’t think we have much to eat here anyways…we could pick something up at the diner. Real quick.” he stands, and heads to the bathroom, assuming that I’m going along with his plans.

“Please Jack!” she’s up close, her hands pressed against my chest and I don’t think her bottom lip, can stick out any further. “I promise we will take our guns, and stay out of trouble.” she gives me that stupid, pleading, and persuasive look and I can’t help myself. Did she just talk about the gun, like it's her purse she needs to carry around?

I roll my eyes and rub the back of my sore neck, “Fine, but I swear Crystal, you better stay close to me.” I turn to walk towards the bathroom, but she takes my hand and pulls me back towards her. “What now?”

Her eyes bore into mine, I know she's dying to ask me something. Something, that she knows damn well, I’m not willing to answer. “Jack…please…! Can’t you, just tell me why they are trying to kill us? Who they are?” she clutches my shirt and tries to do the eye contact, but I let my eyes wander around the house.

“I don’t know Crystal.” I shrug. I can't believe that I'm so full of shit, but now that I’ve decided not to kill the man I suppose, is her uncle. I’ve decided, that there is no need to tell her anything else about me. Hell, she knows enough, even my real name.

“Fine…” she mutters, letting go of my shirt and storming up the stairs. I have to admit, that I don’t like lying to her, but I’ll be leaving really soon. Maybe, even today. Richardson is due back, he’s the owner of the place and an ex cop. He’s more than able to take care of the twosome.

The water is cold, as it hits my face, but I need to wake up. My head is jam-packed with so many damn thoughts, it feels like it might explode. My family. My real name. Leaving Crystal behind. Killing or not killing Richardson. The three bodies outside. Don betraying me. The list is never-ending and all the god damn uncertainty of everything, is finally catching up with me.

Once washed up and changed, we head out to the truck, looking all around and pile in. You can’t be too cautious, when everyone is trying to kill you. The ride is quiet, just the random song, that I have no idea what the hell it is, plays. My head is pounding, I need a cigarette badly, maybe a shot or two and a good week of uninterrupted sleep. Yeah, that would be fucking great!

It doesn't take us long, to get my cigs, a couple of snacks for the kid and our food. Once again, we are all alert of our surroundings and I'm surprised that nothing is happening. Maybe I'm just in overdrive and I need something to be happening constantly, to keep my own sanity. All is quiet as we leave the town behind and pass the mass of trees leading to the ranch. Nothing, is happening and I'm starting to worry about it.

The kid is munching on something, Nick is humming to the hick song on the radio and I'm sitting in the back, wishing that I had never been assigned to this mission. Fucking shit! I'm the last to hop off the truck, and I quickly open my pack. I stuff one in my mouth, light it up and take a long ass puff.

"Mind if I have one? It's been a while, but I don't think you can forget how to smoke." he chuckles at his own lame ass joke, as I hand him a cig and the lighter. The kid unlocks the door and I heads inside. "So, what's it like being a spy?" he just never quits, like I'm going to tell him. Spy? That's a fucking joke.

"It sucks!!" that's the best answer he's going to get from me.

He shrugs and continues to inhale his cigarette, while I fight the urge to thank him once again, for saving my ass. Of course, you know me by now, I just stay quiet and enjoy poisoning my lungs. The rustle of a bag, hitting the floor, a gasp and a door slamming, sends both of us flying into the house.

"Crystal...whoa!" now I'm the one with the hands up in the air, and the confused look on my face. I'm not scared, but the girl has a damn tranquilizer gun in her hands and the shit has a yellow dart in it. "What the fuck are you doing?" I ask harshly.

"I should ask you the same..." her voice shakes and she licks her lips nervously "question" her chest is heaving, and it looks like she might pass out. I try to lower my hand and put it on her arm, but she tries to poke me with the dart gun. "Stay away from me...Jack! Nick...?"

"Huh?" he walks over to her side, I'm left standing at the entrance of the door. That's fucking great, I have a dart with who knows, what shit in it, aimed at my chest and I'm more than sure, there is a god damn sniper aiming at the back of my head, right now. "What is going on Crystal...put that thing down."

She nods, her eyes never leaving mine. "Push the play button...NOW!"

Nick obediently pushes the button and the voice I hear, sends a current of warmth through my body. I'm frozen in place, listening to the message and staring at the kid. My heart, feels like it's forcing its way through my chest.

Jack...tsk...tsk...I believed in you. All I needed was for you to do this mission for me. A very important mission...now, almost all my men are dead, Richardson is alive and I have no choice, but to add you to the dead staff list.

I'm hearing his voice, but I can't believe it. I can't find my voice, or the strength to move at the moment, as I continue to hear him, rat me out.

Did you tell the girl...that your an ASSASSIN, Jack. That those hands that touched her, all over. Have slit throats, stabbed, broken necks...I don't have time to go down the list. Poor girl. You didn't tell her, that you get paid to kill people...that you were sent to kill Richardson and his first born. I have news for you Jack...I'm coming to get you...Richardson AND THAT DAMN KID OF HIS!!

The machine beeps and instantly, Nick blurts "What the fuck?" he looks over at Crystal, who still looks startled, angry and scared....probably many more emotions are running through her at the time, but those are the ones I can read off her face. So much, for not telling her anything else, this bastard, just laid out my whole reason for being here.

Hearing Don's message was a surprise, but the next message, about gave me a fucking heart attack.

Hey it's Kevin...I mean...dad. Sorry, still getting used to...anyways, kiddo. I'm sorry I haven't been in touch. I hope that everything is ok. I'm just calling to let you know I'm already in town, I wasn't able to bring Mason home this time. I'll be home really soon, honey. I love you. Oh, tell Nick he better have my barn clean.

"Shit Kevin is going to kill me..." Nick said, scratching the back of his head. Then it processes in his pee brain, everything that is going on. "You are going to kill Kevin?" his voice, is high pitched as he pulls out his...wait that's my gun...he is aiming MY gun at me.

My eyes are still on the kid, mouth open, immobile, my heart has gotta be splattered somewhere on one of these walls. It can't be. There has to be a fucking mistake, this is not happening to me. I feel the room spin around me, my heart is back in my chest, because I can feel it pounding in my ears.

"You were...going to...kill me...Jack?" her voice is low, and dripping with disappointment. I can't explain the look on her face at the moment, but I do know she's looking at me, like I'm a monster.

Its all settling in, the reason for everyone throwing that stupid rule number five in my face. The whole time, I’ve been saving her life over and over again. Yet, I‘m supposed to bet the one, to take it. No wonder Don, doesn’t trust me anymore. In his eyes, I fell for the target...she IS my TARGET! I can’t find the balls, to speak a word to her, so I do...what normal hitman Jack would do. I reach behind me and take out my gun. This is now a fucking gun aiming party. She is aiming the dart gun at me, Nick is also aiming MY gun at me and I am aiming my gun at them.

Just as I find my voice and open my mouth to speak. Something hits me in the chest and instantly, my vision blurs, a hot...hot feeling pumps through my veins and I feel every muscle in my body goes limp. Sluggishly I strain to look at my chest and see the yellow dart sticking out of my chest. The gun slips out of my hand and falls with a clank to the floor.

I look up at the kid, who looks more in shock than me. "Oh my god, Jack!" her voice comes and goes.

"You shot...me with a fucking ani...mal...tran...quil...izer" I can barely get the words, out of my mouth. My body staggers, as I try to take a step, then suddenly I feel a tingling feeling against my face and body. I can't see much anymore, nothing, but a blur. Within seconds, I can't feel anything anymore, my fucking body is paralyzed. All I can do is hear muffled voices, the voices of those two idiots.

Wait till this wears...the fuck...off. No one…shoots…me…es…pecially…with…an…im…al….

Chapter 27 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Yay, I'm about two chaps away from the end. Ok maybe it's not a yay, thank you ladies for all your time spent reading and your awesome reviews. I love and appreciate them very much. Thank you!

I struggle to open my eyes, but it feels like someone has stapled or glued them shut. I feel like I’m floating in mid air, and I can barely make out movement around me. My mouth moves, but nothing comes out. After a lot of struggle, my eyes gradually open, to nothing but haze.

“J…aaaaaaaaccccccccckkkk” I hear a familiar voice, as my vision starts to focus on a pair of blue eyes and a cowboy hat. Motherfucker! I’m going to kill him.

I try to move, but nothing happens. “Wha…t…the…fu…ck” my mouth barely moves, as I say the words. I look around, I’m sitting in the kitchen, there is no one else, but blondie, here. He’s leaning against the counter, staring at me.

“Jack, how are you feeling?”

My head bobs from side to side, my drowsiness doesn’t keep me from glaring at the idiot. “How…do…you…think?” I lunge at him, making him jump and knocking myself over. Shit, not only have I been shot with a fucking dart full of who knows, what the fuck. I’m also on a kitchen chair, hands tied behind my back, feet tied to the legs of the chairs and for extra measures, I’ve got rope around my damn waist.

“Now…I’m going to pick you up, Jack. Don’t do anything…” he reaches out for me, carefully. What a bitch!

I don’t get why I’m tied the fuck down…oh wait, I do. I’m the bad guy now. “I should kill you…” my words are more clear and my body is slowly coming out of the numbness. “Unfuckingtie me now!”

“Psh…you just said your going to kill me…um…yeah, there will be no untying you. Sorry Jack.”

My stomach is churning and I suddenly feel sick “Nick…bucket…now!” just, as he sets the trash can in front of me, I bend over, and heave letting out all my stomach’s contents. After three good spews, I‘m feeling a bit better. Struggling to wipe my mouth on my shoulder, I turn back to look at Nick “Where is she?” I ask, a little disgusted, by the taste in my mouth.

“Um…” he stutters.

She walks into the kitchen, I can see the distress on her face. Instantly, I remember everything that led to this moment, or at least up to when I was shot. “You shot me with a dart full of something. What the fuck was it?”

“Well it was…” she looks at Nick, then back at me, the anger on her face, softens and so does her voice “It was…um…Phencyclidine, we use it on the horses.”

Did I hear right? She shot me up with PCP, which she gives to fucking horses. “You injected me with horse…shit?” I question, looking straight at her.

“Well…” the other idiot, just has to put in his two cents “It’s not really horse…” he yelps and stumbles back, against the sink, as I buck like a damn HORSE towards him. I’m gonna kill him. “Hey, it’s not me, you should be so mad at. She shot you!”

The kid gives him a look, and quickly he disappears up the stairs, I can feel my stomach churning again. “I need you to untie me Crys…I’m going to be sick again.” I definitely am, I’m actually fighting the bile, from shooting out my throat, since she is taking her sweet ass time.

With a loud sigh, she takes the knife off the counter and walks towards me, she cuts through the rope, that’s looped around my waist and ankles. Quickly I spring onto my feet and dash to the trash can, hands still tied behind my back. Hovering over the can, my body shakes with each spew. She is seriously trying to kill me!

Her soft voice, breaks my thoughts “How many Jack?”

I turn around slowly, look around the house, at her, down at the tiled floor and back up at her. I have never been so ashamed of what I do, I actually used to be proud of my job. I used to revel in my pride, because I was Don’s top assassin. I know, it’s sick, but…right this minute, I feel…I don’t know. Really shitty! “Um…a couple hundred.”

She bites her lip, and closes her eyes. I can’t even imagine what is going through her mind, and I’m not sure, exactly what she is more upset about. Me, being an assassin and killing hundreds of people, or the fact that according to her, I had been hired to kill her and her family.

“Why? How?” angrily she wipes away the tears that, run down her cheek.

Now, I’m really feeling ashamed! It has finally hit me. All those people, whose lives I cut short, without even knowing why. The pain, that their loved ones, felt when they were gone, without warning or a simple good bye. I can’t find my voice, quick enough. After clearing my throat a couple of times, it finally makes an appearance, “I never know why Crystal…I only know how” I can feel the heat of embarrassment, settle on my cheeks, damn emotions. I hate them.

“So…you were just going to kill me and my dad?” her voice is still soft, which makes it impossible to answer her, I just stare down at the floor. “Jack, answer me. I have the right to know. You were just going to kill us without even knowing, why?” she let’s out a bitter giggle “What about the other night? Did they send you to do that too. Screw the targets virgin daughter? Was that…” her voice is forceful and full of anger.

“It’s not like that…I didn’t know it was you.” I blurt, without even thinking it through. I really, don’t want her to know that this troubles me. I wish I could tell her, I’m just as shocked, but I’m not going to give into this bullshit, if she doesn’t believe me. Tough shit!

She walks up to me, we are so close, I can feel the heat of her sweet breath against my face. The sadness in her eyes is apparent and I’m disappointed, to be the reason for it. “You’re a monster! An animal…I can’t believe that I…”

“Wait a damn minute, you were acting all distant and weird after the other night. How the hell do I know, if your in it, with them…and your…you know…is that the reason…” Smooth Jack, just smooth, did that even make sense? NO!

Her mocking laughter fills the house, “Your such a jerk, you know that. I don’t even know who THEY are Jack. I gave myself to you, because…” her eyes wander around the kitchen, and when she looks back at me, a tear runs down her cheek “because I love you Jack…I think that’s a damn good reason.”

Just as I’m about to answer her, with probably another stupid comment. The front door, swings open. I see a tall figure, stumble into the house. Right away, I recognize him, as Richardson, he’s got a startled look on his face, and he’s trying to catch his breath. Uh huh, so this is the bastard I’ve been waiting for…the whole reason I’m here, to begin with.

The source of all my damn problems, right now. If he would have been here, like he was supposed to be…I wouldn’t‘ be here, with horse tranquilizing shit, in me. No…I would be somewhere completely fucking different living it up, getting drunk in a bar, or getting laid.

“What the hell, is going on? What happened, to the barn? Sweetheart are you ok? I‘m sorry for leaving you alone. I shouldn't have left you with Nick…CARTER!!!” he’s talking a mile a minute, as he engulfs the kid, into a hug.

I can’t help, but to hang my head, as the shame resurfaces.

“I’m fine dad. Actually, a lot has happened since you left, but at the time, there is no way to explain it. I’m just happy to see you back.” she holds on to her father, as he squeezes her tight.

I’m not sure, why she’s not telling him right away, all the shit we’ve been through the past two weeks, and that I was sent to kill them and how horrible, of a person I am.

His voice brings me back to the moment, “So who is this?” he inspects me, and I’m already imaging his assessment, especially being an ex cop. Our eyes meet, and he’s got an eyebrow raised in my direction.

I can see the confusion in her face and she opens her mouth “Dad this is…“

“I’m Jack…” I cut her off, hoping that she doesn’t say my name.

She pinches her lips in anger, and glares at me “Well, till recently he was Jack, now he’s Alex Mclean." She tilts her head and gives me a smirk. Why that little…

“Reeeaaaally? he mutters, making me nervous, as he steps closer, inspecting everything about me.

I clear my throat, and glance up at him “Yeah…I’m still getting used to it.” I mumble a bit intimidated, by the man. Oh that’s just great, now I’m intimidated. Since when? Then again, the guy, towers over me, he’s an ex cop, and I was sent to kill him and his daughter. His fatherly instincts are bound to kick in gear, and he would seriously fuck me up.

The kitchen, is eerily quiet, the only thing heard is the wind against the windows, and our breathing. I don't know what the hell to say, or what is going to happen next.

“Wait a damn minute…Alex Mclean…Mclean! All this time, I thought you were…dead!” he is speaking to me, but is staring at nothing. I'm confused, with what he is mumbling, it sounds like he's trying to piece something together, and I really want to know what the fuck it is. Especially after he said my name, like that. “Why is he tied up?”

The kid and I exchange looks and I quickly respond before her “Her and Nick were playing with the TRANQUILIZER GUN…” I have to glare at her, and emphasize on the two words “and accidentally shot a dart to my CHEST, they had to tie me up, because of the affects. I got violent. I’m sorry…” I’m so good at telling bullshit.

“Haven’t I told you two, not to play with those things around the house. You could have killed the poor man. Here let’s untie you.” He takes the knife, from where the kid set it down and walks over, cutting through the rope, and freeing my wrists. That feels damn good, to have the blood flow through my hands and fingers, again.

“Is something wrong dad?” the kid sounds worried, as she looks at her dad’s pensive face. I can tell that even though she is angry and disappointed with me, she doesn't want her father to know the truth.

“There were posters, everywhere with your face on them. We searched high and low for you…when months passed, people started to give up…I can’t believe your…Bob would be…” his voice cuts off, and if I am not mistaken, the big guy is getting emotional.

I'm hearing him talk…and I know it's about me, but nothing makes sense. He mentioned posters, months and my dad’s name. When my mind, says the name again, my fathers face flashes in my head, for the first time in months.

The man in the picture, with Richardson…it was him. My dad. Richardson knew my father. Now the question is…if he was with or against him. So far, it looks safe, but I can never be, too sure. I scan the place for my gun, but nothing is in sight. I rub at my wrist, that are throbbing from struggling against the rope

Nick comes trotting down the stairs “Hey Kev, it’s about time you got back. I had nothing to do with the barn...by the way. You have no idea…what…” he gets a look from both, Crystal and I and he quickly shuts his trap. Have I said it lately? That Nick is a fucking idiot? Well he is!

It’s nice to know, that Richardson knew my father, and I have hope to find out something about him. Now, I’m trying to figure out, why I would be sent to kill someone, that knew about my family. Is there a connection? I need to know more, but I also need us all to get prepared for what is to come. I may have given up on killing Crystal and her dad, but I know damn well, that Don is coming for all of us.

The door bell rings, and we all turn to look at each other. Kevin volunteers to open the door, but Crystal quickly takes his hand and pulls him back. “No, dad…”“ She knows he is still, in danger.

“I’ll go see…” Nick says, heading for the door. About time the dumbass, does something. I watch as he opens the door “Hey there…” he greets.

I catch a glimpse of the person at the door, and my heart sinks, I know that we are in serious trouble, now. Before, I can even give Nick a warning, all I see is the familiar woman raise a shot gun at Nick’s chest, his arms flying up and the wicked smile on her face. “Jack I found you!”

A sigh escapes me as I stare at the evil woman, who has Nick almost shitting his pants “Let him go, he has nothing to do with this. What the hell are you doing here Katy?” Out of all the people, Don had to send his own daughter. I hope he doesn’t take it to the heart, if I have to put a bullet in this bitches head. Although, I have to admit, that it's going to feel really good, when and if I do so.

What in the hell is going on?" Kevin speaks up, taking Crystal into his arms for protection.

“I have a message from my dad for you and Jack.” she nudges the gun into Nick’s chest, pushing him into the kitchen. We are all frozen in place, and I’m cursing a storm, there is nothing in sight, that can be used as a fucking weapon. “Your going to die!” she swiftly aims the gun at Nick’s leg and takes the shot, The loud bang rings through out the house, followed by Nick’s pain filled wails.

God damn it! I'm going to kill that bitch!

Chapter 28 by kevmylove

I’m on top of her and her eyes are closed. Seeing her laying there, brings back a lot of memories. I don’t think she put herself up to this, but I’m not sure whey the hell Don, would send his own daughter to fight me.

She lets out a groan, as her eyes flutter open. I still can’t believe that I plowed her ass down, I think she even knocked her head on the counter. “Get off of me asshole” she mumbles, trying to push me off.

I take hold of her wrists and hold her down, with the weight of my body. “Not so fast…” she struggles against me, but we all know that, she aint got nothing on me. “Just calm down Katy. I need to know what the fuck your doing here?”

"I came to kill you...what else?" she gives me a stern look.

I'm glad everyone moved on to the living room, because the position I'm in is pretty compromising. In any other circumstance, I would be very happy. "Your dad put you up to this?"

I hear Richardson run upstairs to get something. Meanwhile Nick’s whimpering is really getting on my damn nerves. Then again, I should feel sorry for the poor guy, first he shoots himself in the ass, and now this crazy bitch shoots him in the leg…making him fall on his wounded ass…OUCH!

They moved him into the living room, and are now trying to clean him up, I can hear Crystal trying to comfort him, but it doesn’t sound like it’s working. “Alright I’m going to get up, and if you try anything funny…I’ll kick your ass.” I raise a brow, letting her know I am serious.

With a roll of her eyes, she laughs “Oh please, you may be a bad ass, but you would never hurt me or any other woman. Not unless your paid to do it!” I had no idea, she knew what I did. “Yes, I’ve always known, ever since we were younger…now get off of me.”

I slowly get up, still holding her tiny wrists in each of my hands. I’m surprised, that she doesn’t try anything and stands up, right after me. I push her gently towards the living room, I’ll have to keep a good eye on this one. I’m not sure why she’s being so calm.

The Richardson guy, sure knows a shit load of stuff, cause now he’s sewing up Nick’s leg. We all stand over Nick, while he’s biting into a pillow as the needle goes in and out of his skin. I’m sure, he’s medicated, cause he’s too quiet and motionless to be taking the pain. Crystal is sitting on the floor next to him, her hand in his and she’s repeating that it’s going to be ok.

Katy suddenly pulls me to the side and starts to whisper, I would really appreciate it if she didn’t, just because I don’t want Richardson to get suspicious. “Jack, there is still a chance to do this…my dad would most likely forget all this and let…you…live” her voice is low, and I am hoping no one else can here her. “You take the guys out and I’ll get the little angel.” she gives me a wicked smile as she looks over at the kid, that has a rather, unhappy look on her face.

My eyes meet with hers, but she looks away quickly. It hurts me to see the disappointment and anger, she’s developed towards me. I guess, I can understand her, it’s not like you find out everyday that the person you are in love with, is a murderer, cause let’s be real. That’s what I am.

“I would appreciate it if you didn’t say shit like that, we aren’t killing anybody, but the assholes that are coming to get us. Either you’re with us or I’ll tie your skinny ass to that chair…and let them put a shit load of bullets in ya!” I speak through clenched teeth, gripping her arm tight, we both look at the chair in the middle of the kitchen.

Her lips are pursed in anger as she stares at me. “You are in love with her aren’t you? No wonder my dad is after your ass…you broke a rule.” her voice starts to elevate “Your not as smart…” I cover her mouth and nod.

“Is everything ok?” Kevin walks past us, I watch him as he throws the bloody rags in the trash, washes his hands and looks out the window.

I give Katy another look, and with a roll of her eyes, she confirms, that I can trust her. Nick is laying on the sofa, like he’s in a daze, must be the meds. While Crystal sits, with her legs against her chest, and her chin on her knees, she’s staring at nothing. I can’t stop feeling bad, for putting her into this situation.

One of Kevin’s hands on my shoulder, interrupts my thoughts “So, can we trust her?” he gives Katy a look over, and I turn to look at her too.

“Uh, yeah. Nick was an accident…right Katy?”

With a deep sigh, she walks past us “Yeah…sure” then takes a seat on the arm of the sofa.

I’m not sure, why I’m not bombarding Richardson with questions, he obviously knows about my dad. He knew about me. I swallow hard, trying to round the courage to open my damn mouth and say something. I swear, if I live through this, I’m getting rid of all this emotional bullshit. I was happy being unaffected by anything…thank you very much!!!

“I couldn’t find that picture of your dad and I. It was the day, we did a big bust. I'll have to tell you that story some other time, kid.” Richardson, looks at nothing, as if he’s reliving the day. He smiles at me “He loved his family…” after digging into his pocket he hands me a small envelope “It’s a key to his deposit box…he gave it to me a couple of weeks before…you know…I guess he had a hunch." What? My, dad knew someone was after him. How could that be? I want to know so much more. "I've always had a hunch too. I know my turn will come. So how did you find...”

Before he can finish his sentence and I can question him, Nick begins to shout and try to get up. While Crystal tries to subdue him. “What the fuck is she doing near me? Why isn’t she tied down? She shot me…she was going to kill me.” he is going on and on.

“Please calm down Nick, don’t make things worse.” Crystal is struggling to keep him seated and I‘m imaging it's to keep him quiet.

Richardson, joins Crystal with trying to hold him down. I roll my eyes at his dramatics, putting the envelope into my back pocket. “Just calm your ass down.” I mutter, with a roll of my eyes.

Oh yeah, easy for you to say…JAAAACK!" he scowls at me, then turns to look at Crystal "You should have killed him with the tranquilizer…it’s not enough having one killer in the house, you let another one in and let her have a gun. Perfect!” he groans, I imagine the meds are wearing off and the pain is returning. I hope the pain kills him, bastard.

“What’s he talking about?” Richardson looks around the room, at each one of us, his eyes rest on his daughter. “Crystal…is there something your not telling me?” he gives her a stern look, but she doesn’t say a word.

Katy gets up and stands next to me, gripping the shot gun tightly in her hands, although she's not one, she sure has the senses of an assassin.

"Fuck Crystal...Jack...Alex...whoever the fuck he is. He's the one that was sent to kill you!! That crazy bitch, is probably just a god damn decoy." I swear I would kill him right this second, if it didn't confirm what he just said.

Richardson, swiftly goes for the gun on the kitchen counter and points it directly at me. Katy raises the shotgun at Crystal. I have to admit, this crazy woman, is a bad ass.

Nick's gun goes, up. Hell, I'm surprised the god damn pussy, can lift his arms and he hasn't shot anything off. With a deep sigh, I raise my gun directly at Kevin, I'm not planning on hurting anyone, but I'm not letting them aim at me, without being ready.

"Don't...." Crystal finally raises her gun, aiming it directly at me. Are eyes meet again, and I can see the tears accumilating in her eyes. At this moment, I wish she would shoot me, just get it over with.

Didn't we play this game earlier, and I'm always out numbered, fuck! I can't help, but to bite the inside of my cheek, I've never been in such a fucked up position and I already made it clear I'm not killing anyone. Oh wait, I didn't tell them that.

I let out a shaky breath "Look, I didn't know that you had any connection with my dad. Or that Don was after you...I swear..."

"BULLSHIT! He was seducing Crystal this whole time, just to get at you!" Nick blurts. My eyes move slowly over to him. If my eyes, could destroy, he'd be in pieces right about now.

Katy's shot gun, moves over to Nick "SHUT THE FUCK UP OR I WILL SHOOT YOU!!" her chest is heaving with eagerness.

"No fuck you..." Nick retorts, cocking his gun, I watch as he slips his finger into the trigger, then pulls his finger back.

Suddenly I watch everything happen in slow motion. The gun jolts back in Nick’s hands, when he fires. I watch blood splat from his forehead and then Katy knocks into me, letting out a yelp. I land on my ass, and against the front door. My breathing is elevated and I can feel my heart beating in my ears, along with Crystal’s screaming, and Katy’s chocking.

What the fuck just happened?

Chapter 29 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Hey you guys, sorry it took so long. I haven't written an ending to a story in years...so this is being really hard on me. So hard, that I still have about two more chapters to go. *sigh* I hope you guys like...thank you so much for your support, reading and reviewing. *hugs*

I leap up and all I can hear now, is my heavy breathing, my eyes shift from Crystal screaming, to Katy on the floor. I’m not sure which one to run too, then again the most logical one is, Katy! She is dying.

After my really stupid debate, I dash to Katy’s side. Her white blouse is covered in blood and it’s seeping out her mouth. “Damn it Katy…”

She coughs, then looks up at me “Shouldn’t…” she coughs again “you be thanking me…instead?” it would be her and her twisted self, to be smiling when she’s bleeding to death.

“Your gonna be fine.” I look around for something to put on her wound. I get up, run to the kitchen and snatch a rag off the counter. As I bend back down, I get a glimpse of Kevin hugging Crystal. I’m wondering what position I’m in, now, that Nick and his big mouth are dead. Speaking of him being dead, I wonder who the fuck shot him?

It couldn’t have been Katy, the shotgun would have made a bigger mess, than what I saw. I press the rag down on the gunshot and run a hand over her head. “There…is…something…I have…to…” her eyes grow wide, as she starts to gasp for air. I never really loved the girl, but I grew up with her, she’s only a couple of years younger than me, and well we did have some type of thing going on in the past.

“Katy…you have to hang in there, ok.” I caress her face and pull her into my arms. It wont hurt to show her some type of…affection…the girl is dying and it’s all my fucking fault. “Katy…”

“I always…loved you…Jack.” her eyes start to roll and I feel her body shaking for her last breaths, “I…never…told…you…about…” she mutters, before her body goes limp and her head falls back.

What the hell was that about? Fuck, why is everyone giving me only bits and pieces? I shake her, there is a part of me, that can’t believe that she’s dead and another wants her to wake the fuck up, so she can finish that phrase. She never told me, what? That her dad, lied to me? That he set me up? I know all that shit!

“Put her down, and get up!” I hear Richardson’s voice demand, never noticed it had a southern ring to it. I put Katy down carefully, and slowly get up, my hands are up, in defense. “Alex…what is going on?”

I let out a deep breath, as I prepare to answer his question. Might as well be honest now, right? I turn around, to face a damn gun barrel in my face…AGAIN! “Dad…” Crystal’s voice is croaky as she approaches us, she places a hand on his shoulder and turns to look at me. “Don’t hurt him, he’s not…” I can’t tear my eyes away from her, and my heart pounds quickly, anticipating what she might say. “He’s not going to hurt us.”

Kevin still has the gun aimed at me, and turns to look at his daughter “How the hell do you know?” his voice rises, as he points the gun closer to my face. “I don’t trust him…I’m sorry, I know your Bob’s kid and all…”

“Dad, please stop” Crystal stands in front of me, grabbing the barrel of the gun in her hands she guides her dad’s hand down. “I promise that he wont hurt us.”

With a heavy sigh, Kevin puts the gun all the way down “Fine…but it’s only because, I trust my daughter.” Even though he says the word 'daughter' easily, I still can’t believe that he is her father. How fucking old was he when he had her, ten? He’s not much older then me, I don’t think. He turns to look at Nick. “I think someone shot him from outside.” he voices, walking towards the broken window.

I didn’t even hear or notice the window was broken, well not exactly broken it’s got the bullet hole and a bunch of fractures around it. That would mean someone is out there watching us. “I think we should get prepared, they are out there…” I say, looking around for my damn gun, that I dropped with the fall.

"Your right.” Kevin says, taking Crystal by the hand. “Can I trust you to watch her for a second.” I nod, if only he knew that I've been here for the past two weeks. Doing exactly, what he's asking me to do, now! “Good, I have to run to the stables, that’s where all my equipment is.”

Crystal clings to him “NO…dad, don’t…we can do with these that are here. Please don’t go out there, they are out there…just watching us.” she pleads, almost in tears. Richardson gives me a look and I nod, taking her hand in mine I pull her towards me, I hold her tightly from behind, but she tries to fight me off. We watch him carefully make way outside, I feel her body loosen up, as she stops struggling. "This is all your fault..." she almost whispers.

I swallow the knot in my throat, it's about time she was pissed at me, although I don't like it. "I'm sorry..."

She spins around and lets me have one of her palms to the right side of my face "We are going to die...my dad is going to die...Nick just died..." I should buy myself a bullet proof vest, like that rapper...what's his name? Whatever, the point is that I tend to get beaten and shot at, too damn much. Her smacking me, is really irritating, but I’ll just go ahead and take it. "This is all your fault...you should have never came here..."

There's not much I can respond, maybe I am the one to blame. I don't know, anymore. "I hope you've gotten your frustrations out..." my jaw tightens, and I glare at her. I can't go soft now.

She looks away, not saying anything, and making the house go silent, I can only hear my heart pounding, the sink dripping and her sniffling. “They are going to get him! He’s not back…it’s been fifteen minutes Jack. We are going to die…” she sobs, into her palms.

“I’m not going to let anything happen to you Crys…I promise.” I pull her into me and wrap my arms around her. Her hands hesitantly wrap around my waist as she buries her face into my shoulder. “I think we should start making sure everything is locked…it’s getting late.” the sun has barely started to go down and I know that any minute they are bound to come for us.

She breaks from my embrace, and nods her head “Yeah, you’re right.” she wipes away the tears and starts for the stairs. Turning back around to look at Katy, she sighs “Your not just going to leave her there, are you?” she looks up at me.

“Um…no.” I bend down, and push my arms under Katy’s lifeless body, and pick her up. Damn, I forgot how heavy this girl was, I carefully lay her on the floor next to Nick. Crystal comes down the stairs with a blanket, and throws it at me. I catch it and throw it over the dead bodies. “Let’s go.” I glance over at the backdoor, to see if I can get a glimpse of Kevin, but there is no sign of him.

Within minutes, we’ve locked all the windows of the house. We stand in the kitchen waiting for Richardson to come back. It's been almost half an hour, since he went out. Does it take that damn long to load up with weapons? Maybe, he’s got a shit load of them, we are going to need’em.

I watch Richardson step out of the stables, with a bag slumped over his shoulder. Quickly I throw the door open, giving him access to run into the house. I catch the kid, running towards the door, and grab her holding her back. When I turn my attention back to Richardson. He’s darting for the door, while moving in different directions, trying to avoid the streak of bullets flying at him.

“Get down Crys…” I pull her down to the floor with me, as Richardson, flies in the door and with a swift kick, closes it. The flying bullets have followed him and are ricocheting all over the damn house. He joins both of us on the floor, waiting for the shower of bullets to stop.

As I look around, frames are falling off the walls, things are being knocked over, wood is flying everywhere, there’s a shit load of dust clinging in the air. “There are about six of them outside…” Richardson says, trying to catch his breath, grabbing his daughter’s hand and giving it a reassuring squeeze.

Then, just like that the shooting stops, and the place goes dead silent. We all turn to look at one another, still laid out belly down, on the floor. Just as Richardson, lifts himself up off the floor, the backdoor flies open. I turn to look, watching as he slams onto the floor on his back, with a gun in his face. My eyes shift over to Crystal, who is trembling with fear, a rifle aiming at the back of her head.

I feel the cold steel of the barrel against the back of my neck. “Jack…how could you screw something up so badly, my boy.” closing my eyes, I make out Don’s voice and assume he’s the one aiming at me. It was about time the bastard showed up. "Get up" his voice is harsh, as he digs the barrel into my skin.

I stand up, catching a look from a shocked Kevin, I don't understand his confused look. "Don...Don Hunter, so many years of searching for you, after you escaped." Kevin's voice is low and full of amazement.

"Well here I am...but, you wont get the pleasure of taking me back, Richardson. Never! I see you've met my son."

"Your son? I don't understand..." Richardson speaks up, still looking from me to Don and back.

I can't help myself, from speaking up "I'm not your son!" I blurt, giving him a dirty look.

"Shit, Jack I took you in, when your family died. The least you could do was obey me. I asked you to do one thing, and you came to DO ANOTHER!" he lets out a loud laugh, and gives the suited man an order, with a nod. With one sharp pull, Crystal is on her feet and in a tight hold by the man.

Don puts his gun down, and stands next to me. I can't even look at him, he lied to me about my life, when he knew, what I needed to know, all along. "Don't kill her...she has nothing to do with this." I voice.

A wide smile grows on Don's bearded face, "No worries, I wont kill her yet...but I do have a little something for her, to keep busy. While us three talk." he puts a hand on my shoulder, and shrug it off. It must have pissed him off, because now he gives the two men a nod.

Richardson is also yanked to his feet, and pushed towards the living room. I stand there frozen, I don't care much for Richardson, like I care for his daughter. I want to have some kind of special power to get her the fuck out of here. "Just let her go Don." I request, hell I think it sounds more like a plea.

"Boss...if I'm not mistaken, Katy is fucking dead." the unfamiliar yells over at Don. He turns to look at me quickly, and I just shrug, I feel bad that she died, but no one told the crazy girl, to come here.

He leaves me standing there, next to another suited man. As he walks into the living room "Oh fuck...that's my baby." he starts to holler angrily. "Who did it?" swiflty he's in my face "You killed her...my baby. It wasn't enough, raping her, but you had to kill her...you mother fucker!" he let's me have a fist in the stomach and I cry out in pain, as I feel the blow.

"It's not...like that. I never forced her." I stand up to him and snap back "I never did anything she didn't want me to."

He snarls at me, for once I can see pain in his eyes, but it's quickly replaced by anger "I'll show you not to fuck with me Jack. I gave you an opportunity and you fucking blew it over this..." he points at Crystal, who has a big hand over her mouth.

"Please...don't hurt her Don. She has nothing to do with this...just let her go." I can't believe I'm pleading, but at this point, I'm bound to do almost anything he wants me too.

"Not so fast, Jack. Eddie here, wants to know what the whole fuss is...if she's even worth you being in so much trouble." My heart drops and fear sinks into my stomach, as I realize what the fuck he's talking about. I try to take a step towards her, but a get the butt of a gun in the stomach instead. I double over in pain, gasping for air, as I watch Don motion the man to take her. Just as I begin to straighten up, a knee connects with my face, making fall onto my ass.

Ignoring the pain, I stumble onto my feet "No...st...op!" I gasp, clutching my stomach.

I see the man carrying away a kicking and screaming Crystal. "LET GO...DAD! JACK...please don't let him take me..."

They let me make way towards the living room, but with one quick kick to the back of the legs, they knock me over as I reach the stairs. I fall on my back and when I try to get up, I get a foot in each side of my ribs. I groan in pain, and watch helplessly as he drags her up the stairs. Once she disappears, I lay there motionless, staring at the ceiling, the anger bubbling through my veins, listening to Kevin roar in anger, the bastards talking and her agony filled screams, echoing throughout the house.

Don's face appears above me "Nobody breaks my rules...Jack! NOBODY!" I hope he kills me now. The last thing I see, is the butt of a gun, coming down on my face.

Chapter 30 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Finally I got the ending done. I'm sorry if it's not what you expected, this is my first ending...in a while. I struggled a whole lot with it, and I was on a roll this morning. So let me know what you think...

When I open my eyes, I find myself staring directly at the ceiling. My whole body is throbbing, it almost feels numb, but my face is pulsing with pain. After controlling myself, from thinking about the discomfort, I can hear an argument going on, words are being said, and I‘m not sure what the whole issue is. With my eyes, blankly staring above me, I strain myself, to make out the conversation.

“You bastards killed my brother…” I hear Don shout.

“We had too, you know damn well…that he was endangering everyone.” Richardson, speaks up, sternly.

Someone lets out a loud groan, I imagine it’s Richardson, he must have gotten a blow or two, “It doesn’t matter anymore…I finished Detective Mclean off, so many years ago, and I made a great killer out of his son.” I feel a pang of anger, and sadness hit me, as those words echo through the house. Nice to know, I was just a damn experiment, for the pure pleasure of getting back, at my dead father. “Now, as for you, it took me forever to find you. You thought you could hide...”

I stop concentrating on the them and wonder why I can’t hear her voice. Where is she? What have they done with her? I moan, just the attempt to lift my head, makes a current of pain, run through my whole face. My eyes shift from one side to the other, trying to get a glimpse of where everyone is.

“I’m glad you’re awake. We’ve been waiting for you. Get up!” Don hovers over me, giving me an impatient look. “Come on…see, that’s what happens, when you think your invincible. You don’t really know what pain is…now get up kid.”

Gritting my teeth, I sit up and realize I’m right where I landed. Forgetting about the pain, my head snaps up and my eyes dart up the stairs. “What’d you…do with her?” my words are barely audible, with the swelling of my mouth.

“She’s ok, sounds like it’s all over.” Don starts to laugh and yanks me up to my feet. I stumble forward, but catch my balance, with a hand on the wall. “We were just having a conversation with officer Richardson. You didn’t miss much…” he pushes me forward.

I glare at him, I’m still trying to register the fact, that he killed my family. I look over at Richardson who’s eying me with…um…confusion. Where is the kid? That’s all I want to know. Damn it! Is she ok?

“If you’re going to kill me, why don’t you just get it over with, already?” Richardson voices.

“Patience, believe me, you ARE going to die.” Don motions to the men with his head, and they instantly grab Richardson and drag him towards me. They push him to the floor and force him to his knees. “Now, you were always like my kid you know. That’s why I taught you everything I know, and besides I was satisfied that your father, would have hated it. I never thought you would fuck up, this very important task I had for you.”

“I never thought you would be lying to me all these fucking years…or that you had something to do with my family’s death.” I snap at him, wanting to strangle the bastard. He’s grinning like, this whole thing is a god damn joke to him, which it probably is. “I just don’t get why I survived and why you are trying to kill the girl too?”

Don rolls his eyes at me, “You’re a great killer kid, but dumb as fuck. Your father took my brother from me, and he landed me in jail. So, when I escaped I planted a bomb in the family car” he let out a cackle. I couldn’t believe, how calmly he was telling me this, like it was a fucking bedtime story. “You were supposed to die too, but you had to take a god damn leak. So they let you go back into the house, you came back out, just as the car exploded. I found you passed out cold, I thought you were dead, but I was wrong. You didn’t know a damn thing, when you came to. Not the day, where you were, what happened, not even your name, then the idea clicked…and I took you under my wing.”

I stare at the floor, there is so much I want to say, but I can't bring myself to open my mouth, and it's definitely, not the pain keeping me from doing it. When I look back up, I notice Richardson still on his knees, his eyes moving from Don, to me and back to Don. “You made him into a killer?” he shakes his head in disbelief, “Why would you send Mclean’s own son to off one of his partners? His best friend?” He tries to grab at Don, but gets the barrel of the rifle, nudged into the back of his neck.

My dad’s best friend? Fuck, all this information is confusing and frustrating, when I’m only getting, bits and pieces. I finally find my voice, or my balls, to speak, “You gave me information you never did…on this mission. You wanted me to find out! Didn‘t you?”

“I did, but I thought you might catch on, after the deed was done. You’re usually very prompt, discrete, precise, and professional about everything…but it doesn’t matter, now. I’m giving you another chance to redeem yourself…” he hands me a pistol, but I tighten my fist and nudge it away. There is no way, I'm killing someone, who was that important to my dad. “This is your last chance, Jack…or are we going by Alex now? Who gives a shit…do it!”

“I wont do it…I’m not your stupid experiment anymore. I wont do it!”

He glares at me, with narrowed eyes, “You want to play games, with me? Let’s see if you wont do it.” He looks over at the man next to me “Go get the girl…I was going to spare her life...but, since you want to continue fucking with me, Alexander...” I watch, the man storm up the stairs.

"Don't hurt her anymore..." I don't have enough strength to chase after the bastard, and I don't think I would get far with the other four men in the room. "I'm not gonna kill anymore, unless it's you..." I give him a sideways look. The more I try to think of a way out of this, fucking mess, the less options I come up with.

“You were always ballsy! I liked that about you!” he gives me a stupid grin, that I want to knock off his face.

Just then, the man that just ran up the stairs, comes striding down trying to catch his breath. “Boss…the girl…she’s gone! Jones is dead.”

Deep inside I'm laughing. I can't believe it, but another part of me is still worried. Where did she go? What stunt is she going to try and pull off? Don will surely want to kill her now.

"That little bitch!” Don roars, then makes a hand motion. Instantly one of the guys knocks me to the floor, with a hard shove. “I guess you’ll both have to die together, saves me the trouble.” he takes a shot gun from one of the other men, and points it at Richardson. "Any last words?"

"Yeah!" Richardson's green eyes, burn with anger, as he daringly spits at Don's feet "Fuck off!" he says, with emphasis.

"Nice choice of last words..." Don, lifts his knee, letting it connect with Richardson's face, knocking him backwards and onto his back. Don moves the gun, from his chest, to his neck, over his face and back to his chest. "Where should we shoot you? I think the face, so your precious family...can't recognize you. Yeah, decision made!" He cocks the shot gun, and shoves it into Richardson's face.

I'd give anything to have the energy to move, the balls I usually do, to do something about this. Want it or not I'm an assassin, damn it. I eye the guy next to me, although he has a gun aimed at me, his attention is on Don's little show. I notice another pistol hanging from his belt, without giving it much thought, I swiftly reach over and yank it out of it's holder.

He looks at me confused, and I aim right at his leg and pull the trigger...the gunshot startles everyone and all hell breaks loose. Don and Richardson start struggling over the shotgun. While I have a big guy, pick me up, and fling me across the room. I land with a clunk against the already, shattered window, and watch as he storms after me. Looking around, I snatch a long piece of glass in the shards and jab it into his neck, just as he plunges into me. Once is not enough, so I do it, until I don't feel the motherfucker move any longer.

Forgetting my discomfort and the pain, I shoot up and almost crawl towards the backdoor, bullets flying all around me. Amateurs, don't even have good aim. BAM! I feel a hot rush all over my arm, and my leg. I fall to the kitchen floor, and scoot myself towards the door, as fast as I can.

"Don't kill him!" Don shouts, standing over Richardson, again. Damn it, we are back to the same fucking position, so much for a god damn, escape. Taking one of my arms each, the men drag me back to the living room and toss me against the wall.

I notice, the blood soaking my pants and pouring onto the floor, son of a bitch that hurts! The pain, is making my heart race, my ears are drumming, everything has gone silent and in slow motion, for me. I can see the two men, standing with their guns drawn, one watching me, and the other watching Don. My eyes slowly drift over to Don, I can see his mouth moving and the gun digging into the side of Richardson's face. Then, like a crack of thunder, the gunshot echoes throughout the house, bringing me back to the moment and I realize, what just happened.

Defeated I lean against the wall, closing my eyes, I wait for it to be my turn. I let out a groan, as they take me by the arms and lay me out on my back. Three guns are in my face, that's a record. I stare at the ceiling, hating myself, for stooping this low. I could have made this all work out, there was a way I could have stopped this, and I didn't. I wish they would just, hurry the fuck up and pull the fucking trigger.

I'm not afraid, just disappointed in myself. Didn't I say, that fate would catch up with me, well the bitch is here...and she's taking me, finally. "Just do it already! Fucking do it!" I yell, looking at each one of them.

"My pleasure, kid. It was nice knowing ya!" just as he cocks the gun, guy number one goes down, kicking, and squirming, making his gun go off. The bullet hits the guy next to him, his hand flies to his neck, as he cries out in pain. Then number three, silently comes tumbling down onto me. Don looks around confused, aiming his gun at anything and everything around him. "What the fuck was that...? I guess, the princess isn't as stupid as I thought. That little bitch...she thinks, she's going to save your ass."

He pushes the guy off of me, giving me free access to grab the shot gun with my good hand and yank it, making him come crashing down next to me. We start to wrestle around for a couple of minutes, he's pretty strong for an hold man, for every blow I give him, he gives me three. Although I put up a fight, he wins me over, with blow after blow. "Get up!" he shouts, picking up the shot gun from the floor, he pins me to the wall and aims the gun right at my chest.

"Let him go..." I hear her voice, looking past Don, I see her standing there, holding my rifle in her hands. The emotions on her face, are almost unreadable, there is pain, fear, anger and many more "NOW!!" she screams.

"You don't have the guts to shoot anything...your like your father...damn coward. He had Mclean shoot my brother first, cause he didn't have the balls to. " Don grins, still staring me down. "You can join your family, kid. Goodbye...son!" Out of the blue, his head cocks to the side, and tiny warm drops scatter onto my face. I feel my body jolt, and watch as he falls to the floor, on his face.

Ain't that a damn shame, I didn't even get to shoot him and a woman just saved my sorry ass!

With the little strength I have left, I push myself off the wall and limp over to her. She’s knelt down over Richardson, hugging his chest, and sobbing. “I’m sorry…” I mumble, feeling her pain, and a bit guilty about his outcome. As much as I tell myself, there wasn’t much, he nor I could have done, I can’t stop the feeling from eating at me.

I let out a groan, as a sudden current of pain rushes through my whole body. Damn arm and leg wounds. Where else am I going to get shot? “Come on…you need to get out of here?” I pull her gently to her feet.

“Jack!” she wraps her arms around my neck, and squeezes me tight.

My hands instinctively wrap around her waist “You‘re alright? They didn‘t hurt you?” I whisper in her ear.

Pulling away, she nods “No, he didn’t!” she puts my arm around her shoulder, and helps me out of the house, through the front door and down the porch stairs.

I stop, as I feel everything spin around me “I gotta stop…” drowsily I slump onto the stairs and lean against the brick wall.

“Holy shit, Jack!” her eyes, widen in horror.

I can’t help but to grin, women are so exaggerated. “Eh, they are only small wounds, I’m just losing a lot of blood…”

Her eyebrows furrow with worry, as her hand shakily pulls at my shirt and she lets out a gasp “Jack, your hit…really bad.”

Hazily I look at her, then down at myself. What the fuck? Where in the hell did that come from? Son of a bitch! No wonder, I’m about to lose consciousness here. Damn it I’m dying! Great, so this is what it feels like. “That’s great! The bastard did shoot me!” I’m panting now, and I struggle to keep my eyes on her.

I can see her swallowing hard, and the tears are nestled in the corners of her eyes. “Jack…you can’t leave me…ok? The cops are on their way. Can you hear them? Please…” her bottom lip is trembling as she speaks.

Where is the white gate? The bright light? I don’t see one. Oh, I get it, that’s not where I’m going. That’s fine, but I thought people say, you see your life flash before your eyes, as you’re dying. Nothing is flashing, but the distant police lights.

“Jack!” I howl in pain, as she squeezes my bad arm “I’m so sorry, but I have to keep you awake…” she runs a hand over my face, and scoots hers small frame in-between my legs “You can’t leave me all alone Jack…you can’t.” the tears are streaming down her face.

“I’m…sorry…I got…you into…this mess.” I swallow the knot in my throat, as I feel my legs slowly going numb.

Cupping my face in her hands, she brushes her lips against mine. “It’s ok, it’s not your fault. Stop talking like you’re going to leave me.” I lick my dry lips, and struggle to keep my eyes open, I have no more feeling in my lower body and I can feel myself wanting to fall asleep. “I love you, Jack. I know you love me too, and even if it’s just a little. Can you at least say it? Let me know.”

I force my mind to memorize every single thing about her, her crystal blue eyes, her plump lips, her blonde hair and the way she says those three words. With whatever strength I have in me, I raise my arm, to brush her cheek with the tip of my fingers and open my mouth. I can feel the words are on the tip of my tongue, but I don’t have the guts or the strength to speak anymore. My mind screams them 'I love you too’ but they don't make it out of my mouth. My head falls back, and my eyes get a glimpse of the orange glow in the sky, my last sunset.

So this is how all those people, whose life I took away felt. Hell, I didn’t even give them a chance to feel anything. They should be thankful, it might be the best way to go, no last thoughts, no yearning, or worse, no regrets. It’s not like I’m a fucking sissy or afraid of death. I’m just not ready for it, and I don't want to leave her alone. Of course, fate doesn’t give a shit if your ready or not, so let’s do this.

Focusing on her again, I can hear her voice floating in and out, “Jack…keep your eyes open. Please don’t leave me…I don’t have anyone else, Jack. JACK!” she’s what I’m going to miss the most…

My eyes fight to keep seeing her, but the darkness slowly distorts my vision as it steadily…takes over me.

End Notes:
I have one last suprise for you guys...so keep checking for another update!
Chapter 31 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Ok so this time, this is really the last chapter to Jack. Thank you so much to all of you that took the time to read...I hope you enjoyed it, just as much as I enjoyed writing and reading your reviews. Thank you so much!!

I can’t believe it’s nothing, but a pile of rubble and smoke now, finally it’s all burned down. It feels like I’ve been standing here for days, just watching it go down in flames. The burial was horrible, I can’t believe I had to bury, yet another loved one, not even a year apart from each other. It feels like it was just yesterday, but it’s been over a month…a whole miserable month. Tell you the truth just thinking about it gives me goose bumps.

I smile widely, as I feel the coolness of the breeze, tickle my face, I hope the weather is just as nice, in Florida. That’s where I’m headed, now. There is nothing here for me anymore. I mean, why the hell not? I need a change in my life, especially after all the drama. I’ll admit that it’s more than a change, I’m seeking. It’s more like revenge, and believe me, I’m prepared, I’ve got all the information needed and I think I should have this in the bag. I just want to get it done and over with, so that I can rest easy. So, I’ve assigned myself a mission…no, two missions and the targets, make me want to complete them even more.

With a sigh, I sling the bag off my shoulders, and into the trunk, it still has his scent, which brings back so many memories. I dread thinking of him, then again, any little thing reminds me of him. I hop into the car, and rev the engine, I can‘t believe how fast I fell in love with him, even though he was a bit of a challenge, the whole time. God, he was just so rude and mean, he even made me cry a couple of times, and he even turned out to be a cold blooded killer. Don't ask, ,cause I don't really know the whole story, myself. All I know, is that he was really troubled, one of those people, that never experienced a lot of the daily emotions, a normal person does.

Even though he never told me, deep down I know that he at least cared for me, nothing would have happened to him if he didn’t. I wish he would have told me how he felt, because I know he felt something. I sniff back the tears, and pull onto the road. I’m sorry, it’s still hard to talk about him. It’s been a month since he left me and it definitely, still hurts, maybe we could have ran away, started a whole new life together. I believe he deserved it. Although he was a killer, there was a soft side to him and I am very proud to say, that I brought it out in him.

I’m hoping that he would be proud of me, just, how I turned out and what I’ve set off to do. Although, he‘s so crazy, he’d probably be mad, but I’m more than prepared. I’ve got all I need in that bag in the trunk. I have the perfect car to make the trip, ‘Sheeba’ she’s mine now, by default, which he wouldn't be too happy to know, that I claimed. He was right about her, she runs so smoothly, but the best part is, that she keeps me close to him. So close, I can see him sitting next to me sometimes, then I realize it’s just my imagination.

Anyways, back to my two missions...

The first one, is to find that bastard Don Hunter and this time when I shoot him, I’ll make sure to make it fatal. How in the hell he got up and left the scene, I have the darnest idea, the bastard has nine lives. I’ll have no mercy on him, just like he had no mercy on me, my family or Jack. He’ll never see it coming, especially not from me. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was watching me now. I’m ready for him though, lets see who gets who first.

The second…well, it’s a little more complicated. When I went to the morgue to claim Jack’s body, well, there was no body too claim. It somehow went missing, and the worst part is, no one saw or knows anything. I could’ve sworn I saw him take his last breath, but I guess assassin’s have their tricks. I don't think he's dead anymore, but I could be wrong. No, I'm not going to fool myself, I know he’s out there and I have to find him, because he’s still in danger. I know exactly where to find him too, and I will…even if it takes me forever…

End Notes:
Is Jack really dead????
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9374