In Public by ResaD
Summary:
Howie and Theresa are on the Dorough Lupus Cruise but what trouble could these two get in when they have so many prying eyes?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Howie
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: Yes Word count: 20713 Read: 17726 Published: 02/10/09 Updated: 02/10/09

1. Chapter 1 by ResaD

2. Chapter 2 by ResaD

3. Chapter 3 by ResaD

4. Chapter 4 by ResaD

5. Chapter 5 by ResaD

6. Chapter 6 by ResaD

7. Chapter 7 by ResaD

8. Chapter 8 by ResaD

9. Chapter 9 by ResaD

10. Chapter 10 by ResaD

11. Chapter 11 by ResaD

12. Chapter 12 by ResaD

13. Chapter 13 by ResaD

14. Chapter 14 by ResaD

15. Chapter 15 by ResaD

16. Chapter 16 by ResaD

Chapter 1 by ResaD
In Public
By Resa Dorough

CHAPTER 1
Like any other cruise; that was it. Like all the others. I sighed as I finished packing up my bag. The ever famous, ever wonderful, and ever eventful Lupus cruise. Was I going as a guest this year? Nope. I and my bestest friend, had a job for DLF or better yet, The Dorough Lupus Foundation; photographer and webmasters. It was nice. I got to go to all these functions and events and really all I had to do was snap pictures or record. And afterwards, I created an awesome page for it. And above all else, you got to meet some of the coolest people. Oh, not to mention Howie. Yes, I did spend time with him. In fact, he was probably one of my best friends.

"Oh Tre, you ready?"

"Yup. Got all the cameras?"

"Check."

"Kay Amber. Let's go." I walked out of my bedroom and smiled at her.

"You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm just sorta tired."

"Of what?"

"These events." She held open the car door and I smiled. "Don't be given me those looks."

"I feel ya G, but now, we're on the other side!" I laughed and shook my head.

"I realize that Amber, but you know just as well as I do that these cruises can be so very annoying." She shrugged and tore out of the parking lot. Living in Miami was nice. You really were never far from any of the events. I turned my attention outside once again, being lost in my own world.

"Tre...Tre...yo, Theresa."

"What?"

"G, you're cell phone is going off." I frowned and dug around in my purse till I found it. I glanced at the caller ID and smiled.

"Hey sexy."

“Hey sweetie. Where you two at?”

“Probably about 15 minutes away, why D?”

“Cause everyone is already here and we’re waiting on you.”

“Oh, so sorry Howie.” He laughed at that. “You go check in so you don’t get mobbed. Amber and I should be in soon enough and I’ll call you.”

“Okay, fair enough I suppose.”

“Do you have much of a choice?” Amber glanced over at me and I shook my head.

“See you in a little while babe.”

“Bye sexy.” I hung my phone and sighed. “He’s whacked, I tell you.”

-----
I stepped back and took a few pictures of the boat, smiling to myself. It was one of the biggest ships I had ever been on.

“Grand, isn’t it?” I stood still for a moment and snapped another picture.

“Yeah, it’s beautiful. I thought I told you to stay on board.”

“I haven’t been on it yet. Been waiting for you. Amber told me you were taking pictures.”

“You know, I wonder about you D.” He shrugged and slipped his arm around my waist.

“I still get a hug, right?”

“I suppose.” I slipped my arms around his neck and gave him a small squeeze.

“Thank you Theresa, for coming on this cruise. Angie had told me you were really debating about coming on.”

“Yeah. But, it’s my job to keep the camera snapping in your face. You know, I can’t miss chances to annoy you.”

“You and a few other people.”

“Come on sexy, before they kill me if you get mobbed.”

-----
I stopped just inside the room, shaking my head as the first few fans walked in, shocked to be here. They would stop, giggle, gawk or just swoon. Was HE here? Nah, not yet, thank God. I wasn’t ready to deal with screams.

“Yo, G, cover this, please?”

“Why Tre?”

“I need to talk to him.” She nodded her head and snapped a few shoots. I snapped a few of Angie and Laura working before I headed out. They shook their heads afterward, knowing I would print those pictures.

“Where you going?” I stopped right outside the doors and turned to see Howie and John standing there, talking.

“To find you D.”

“Good luck than.” I rolled my eyes and walked up to him, slipping my arm around his waist.

“Lookin’ good John.”

“I do try, you know.”

“Of course I know. You call me all the time to complain.” He laughed and gave me a small hug.

“I’m gonna go bug the ladies. You’re safe right D? She won’t attack you.” I glanced from him to Howie and saw a smirk appear on D’s face.

“Not unless I tell her to.” I slapped his chest and shook my head.

“You let too many things go to your head.”

“Maybe. Anyways, why did you come looking for me?”

“Why?”

“Yeah, why Theresa.”

“Cause I didn’t want to snap pictures like that. Do you know how boring that would be?” He laughed and led me to the stair case.

“Have I ever told you just how priceless you are?” I thought for a moment and frowned.

“Nope, not that I can recall.”

“Good.” He stopped and looked at me.

“What?”

“Nothing.” I glanced around me and looked back at him.

“What Howie?”

“Nothing. Geez, someone is paranoid.”

“If you would stop looking at me like that, I wouldn’t be…” I trailed off as his lips captured mine. He backed me up against the wall, his right hand capturing my upper arm and his left hand working its way along my waist. I gasped, never once thinking Howie would ever do this, and most certainly not where we might get caught. He pulled away, a groan escaping my lips and a smirk playing along his.

“Never thought that would happen?” I could merely shake my head. He pressed his body against mine once more as his lips captured mine, his tongue seeking out mine. One hand entangled itself in his hair; the other was clawing at his back. He pulled away, leaving me in a state of sheer bliss. “See ya later sexy.” He winked and gave me a soft kiss before he climbed the stairs to his floor. I stared at the wall, not believing that just happened to me.

~*~ See its this thing (Kelis)/ I like bein seen outside I'm my ride (Your tasty)/ I like it everywhere (cookies tasty)/ (Tasty) (Ohh Yeah Let's Go)/ ~*~
Chapter 2 by ResaD
CHAPTER 2
“Resa, you better snap out of your daze. I’m not gonna do all the work here.” I shook my head and grabbed my camera. “What’s wrong?” I stepped closer to her and whispered in her ear that D kissed me. She stopped shooting for a moment and turned and looked back at me. “For real?”

“Why would I lie? And it wasn’t a simple kiss. It was a mind blowing, ground shattering kiss.”

“Oh, I want details later. He’s staring at you so start snapping.” I rolled my eyes, saw him raise his eyebrow, and than saw those lethal lips curl up into a smirk. With that simple look, though, he had every girl in the place screaming.

“I want to thank you all for coming. It means a lot to me and to all of DLF to have such a huge support this year. I know some of you from previous cruises or other DLF events and you might remember some of us. We have two new members to DLF though, and they keep you in touch with all the latest pictures, recordings, and gossip. Give a nice hand for Amber and Resa. They truly have been wonderful editions this year.” He went on with the speech and I walked around the room, taking all kinds of pictures. After a little bit, it was time to take the personal pictures, which I had left in Amber’s hands.

“Theresa?” I turned around and found a pretty teenager smiling at me.

“Yes?”

“Can I ask you a question.”

“Sure. What’s up?”

“What’s it like working for Howie?”

“Very demanding. But lots of fun. Why are you asking?”

“Cause I want to work with him someday. He seems so cool.”

“He has his moments. What’s your name?”

“I’m sorry. Darlene.”

“And what is it that you like to do?”

“Getting lots of gossip. Oh, please excuse me, my mom is waiting for me. A pleasure meeting you.” I nodded my head and watched her walk away, having a bad feeling about that little girl. I could always tell which ones would be trouble; of course, it would be asking far too much if I could have one event when there was no trouble. That’s like asking for Easter without the candy, just wouldn’t happen. I let out a deep breath and slowly released it. Nothing was going to happen to me to get me all caught up in drama, for crying out loud, I worked for DLF. I frowned to myself, remembering other events in the past where other DLF members had gotten into trouble. Bad thought indeed.

“Hey, are you planning on unpacking at some point in time or stare out at the ocean till we move.”

“May I ask you a question, Pollyanna?”

“Sure. Not like I have anything important to do.” I turned around and smiled at her.

“Do you get tired of listening to the fans, of the trouble they cause and what not?”

“Sometimes. It gets very annoying, mostly on the cruises though. That’s why I was worried about you and Amber. You both were once part of the fans, and I know you can relate.”

“True, but we never caused trouble. Okay, not for Howie or any other DLF members. We usually tried to stop it before it happened.”

“I know and we were thankful. Why are you asking?”

“Because I was scared to come here, still am. These people know me, at least some of them, and I don’t want to be used.”

“Just remember who your true friends are and know that you will be used. It happens to anyone who’s related to someone famous.”

“Thanks Pollyanna. Go ahead and unpack, I’ll be leaving shortly.”

“Catch you later Resa.”

“Theresa?” I turned around and found my eyes locking with his chocolate ones.

“Yes D?”

“About earlier…”

“What about it?”

“I wanted to say I was sorry. I don’t usually do things like that, and most certainly not in places where people can see me. And if I put you in an awkward position, than I’m sorry.”

“You didn’t D. And actually, the chance that someone might see made it a little bit more exciting. It’s just…the fans.”

“Yes, again, I’m sorry.” I walked up to him and placed my finger over his lips.

“Don’t say it again. All I want to know is why.”

“You shouldn’t have to ask.” He pressed his lips against me finger, gave me a wink, and left, leaving me frustrated and confused.

-----
“So, do I get the details?” I shrugged and put up the last of my clothes. I walked out onto my deck and glanced over the side and looked over the water. I heard the door to my right open and out walked Howie.

“You had to place me next to you, didn’t you?”

“Tre, who you talkin’ to?”

“D.” She walked out and waved to him.

“Hey Ambz. What’s goin’ on?”

“Nothing, talking to Tre, tryin’ to hit her up for the details.”

“Come on over, and I’ll share every one.” I glared at him and smacked Amber’s arm before walking in. Yes, he was a jokester, which confused me, for I didn’t know if he was serious or just kidding around.

“That was rude to hit me. You would have done the same thing if it was me getting kisses.”

“Yes, but it’s not, damn it.” She laughed and laid down on the bed, a smile playing along her lips.

~*~ He was next to me/ Our flight was supposed to leave around 2:53/ All I wanted to see/ Is what would he do if I dropped down to my knees/ ~*~
Chapter 3 by ResaD
CHAPTER 3
I slid into the seat, crossing my legs, and waiting for Amber to show up. I glanced at my watch and saw the hands hit 11:30. D, John, Pollyanna, and of course, all the fans were here, but I wasn’t in the mood to dance without having my back up dancer.

“Waiting on me?” I uncrossed my legs and glared up at her.

“What the fuck took so long?”

“G, I got stopped by a really cute guy. Not all of us can have stars falling at our feet.”

“He’s not falling.”

“He sure can’t stop starin’ at you or your legs.” I glanced down and frowned. I wasn’t wearing anything special. Skirt and top, nothing to flashy. “You look good and he knows it. Anyway, ready to dance?”

“Yeah, just waiting for you.” She laughed and walked out on the dance floor, me following closely behind. Over the speakers, Kelli’s In Public came out and we both freaked, loving that song. I started dancing, but stopped when someone’s hand snaked around my waist. I shook my head, but quickly resumed, never once looking back at him. “What are you doing?” I hissed under my breath.

“Loving the view. It’s dark and no ones knows I’m even here.” I felt his breath against the back of my neck and weakened. He could have anything he wanted right about now. I leaned my head back against his shoulder and saw him smirking at me. He pushed me upright and I felt him grinding against my backside. I smiled at Amber, who only shook her head. Before I even knew it, he had left and the end of the song arrived, leaving me teased and fired up beyond my control. Oh, this week and a half was really going to suck if I had to stay next to that damn man.

-----
“Are you okay, mija?” Amber glanced over as Paula walked up to us.

“Fine Paula. Why do you ask?”

“You just don’t seem your bubbly, happy self.”

“Oh, I’m sorry Paula, pero, everything is fine. Just thinking.”

“Although you’re working, still think of it as a vacation. You can dress in your swimsuit…”

“Not going to happen Paula. The meet ~n~ greet is about to start. You might wanna sit down so you don’t get trampled.” She smiled and took a seat in the back.

“You know, you’d fit in fine with the family.” I turned and glared at Amber.

“Amazing, so would you.” She cracked up laughing and walked over to the video camera, making sure all was right. I shook my head and checked over my camera, making sure I had enough film and batteries.

“Resa?” I looked up and around, finally seeing John flagging me over.

“What?” I walked out the door and saw Howie leaning against the wall.

“Gotta jet,” John said, right before he left.

“Do you have to stage everything?”

“Actually, I just wanted to talk to you.” He grabbed my hand and led me to the stair case.

“What’s on your mind sexy?”

“You. Pollyanna and I talked and she told me she was worried about you. And I agree. I know it has to be difficult for you, and I’m sorry.”

“Other events aren’t hard because I hardly know anybody. But here, I know half these people. And I know that in the past I have made enemies.”

“That’s why I want you as close as possible. I want someone watching over you without the fans realizing it.”

“I have Amber and she’s willing to kick ass if she needs to.” He pulled me close and gave me a hug before his lips captured mine. ‘Not now, not with the fans coming,’ my mind screamed at me, but his lips felt so right that I didn’t care. Howie did though, for he was the one to pull away and gave me a wink before walking in the room. I felt a pair of eyes on me and turned to see Darlene staring at me, a question burning within their depths. I waved and followed Howie into the room.

-----
“Someone doesn’t like you.” I shrugged, not really caring. “All she has done all night is given you an evil eye.”

“Tell me something G; did we come on this boat to work or to make friends?”

“To work of course. But you weren’t supposed to make enemies either.”

“G, if this was your boyfriend’s cruise, you would have all these fans hating on you. At least, I know I only have one bad fan.”

“Leave Age out of this. Anyways, that’s not the point. You’re not dating Howie. You may have kissed him and he may be attracted to you, but that doesn’t make you a couple.”

“What was that?” I turned around and found a group of young girls standing behind us. “What are you two talking about?”

“Nothing. Can I help you ladies with something?” I asked, loading up the cameras.

“Theresa, right? I’m Jean, my friend Sue and my other friend Lisa. We just wanted to talk to you.”

“Amber, are you okay with that?”

“I love talking. What do you ladies have on your mind?”

“Well, is it true that you two have been on cruises before?”

“Yes, that is true Lisa,” Amber answered, smiling at her thoughts.

“How long have you known Howie?”

“Well, we all became friends on our last cruise, about two years ago, and than he offered us jobs for DLF. And we’ve been having fun ever since,” I answered, smiling at the girls.

“Are you his girlfriend, 'cause you seem nice and you look good together.” I looked closely at Jean, judging her to be about 13, at the oldest. And far too young to make stuff up like that on her own.

“Jean, how did you figure that out?”

“There’s some girls who were talking about you two. They didn’t sound too nice, but I was happy if you were going out.”

“Thank you, but we’re just friends. Hey, you three wanna work for Amber and me? You could meet Howie, talk to him, have a picture takin’, anything you want. But, you gotta report back to me about any gossip you three here, and I mean anything. But, other than your parents, you can’t let anyone else know what you’re doing, deal?” The three girls nodded their heads and left, giggling about their important job.

“He won’t go along with that.” I turned to Amber, a smile upon my face.

“Yes he will. He usually does anything I ask!”

-----
“I thought I’d find you up here.” I took off my sunglasses and sat down next to Howie. He glanced up at me and smiled, lifting up his hand. “No way, I’m not putting the lotion on you.”

“Please. I want to tan my back.” I snatched the bottle away and glared at him. He smiled and rolled over onto his stomach. “What’s on your mind babe?”

“I had a run in with some girls after the meet-n-greet. They had asked if we were going out. Apparently, there are rumors already. Anyways, they’re my eyes and ears for gossip.”

“And how can you trust ‘em?”

“I told them I would let them meet you or take a picture, or something, whatever they wanted.” He turned his head and glared at me. “But sexy, it’s me, and won’t you do anything for me?”

“Fine, alright. If it keeps you out of trouble that works for me.”

“What’s the biggest thing you’re gonna auction off?”

“A private excursion. Why?”

“I heard Angie talking about it and wasn’t certain, that’s all.”

“You should grab your suit and join me.”

“Oh, I think the sun has fried your brains. I look horrible in a suit, no thank you.”

“Please. You got some nice body parts. I wouldn’t mind seeing a little more skin.”

“D, you see plenty, trust me. I’m too fat to look good in a swimsuit.”

“Theresa, don’t start.” I sighed and turned my attention to the pool. “Come on, let’s go to my room. I have something to show you, alright?” I glanced over at him and shrugged. He sat up behind me and leaned in close to my ear. “I promise you’ll like it. Call it an early birthday gift.” I shivered as his breath ran along my neck. Freakin’ a, he knew he was good and there wasn’t a damn thing I could out there in the open, not with so many eyes glancing in our direction.

“Fine, you win for crying out loud.”

“I usually do.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me up, slipping his arm around my waist. I cringed inside, knowing that by tonight, I would hear more unwanted comments.
Chapter 4 by ResaD
CHAPTER 4
We walked along the hall way, hand in hand. I turned around, hearing voices, but no one was there. I shrugged it off, but had the feeling that someone was most certainly following us. He slipped his card out and opened the door, ushering me in before him. I frowned as I walked in, seeing a big box sitting upon the bed.
“What in the world is that?”
“Your gift, so go open it.” He laughed at my expression, which had to be a mixture of shock and disbelief. I walked over to the box and slowly opened it. Inside was a black dress, strapless and short.
“Oh no, I’m gonna wear that. Hell, I won’t fit into that!”
“Theresa! You know I wouldn’t buy you something that you would look horrible in. Besides, Pollyanna helped.” I held the dress up and against me. Personally, I thought I was too fat to look good in something like this. But, that was something I couldn’t voice, for D disliked when I talked bad about myself.
“Thank you Howie.”
“I want you to wear tonight, at the Captain’s dinner. And, I have an appointment for you to get your hair done.”
“D, this is too much.”
“Tonight, I want you to feel like a queen.” He pulled me off the bed and into his arms. I leaned my head on his shoulder, knowing things might go way too far on this cruise. We had past the line of friendship and we weren’t a couple nor even dating. “Are you okay?” I put a smile on my face and looked into his hypnotic gaze. Inside, my heart, my soul, longed to be with him, but mentally, I knew it wouldn’t last, for it just wouldn’t work. Although, if he was offering a fling, at least I could walk away with a few precious memories.
“I’m fine D, why?”
“Just a feeling. Wanna model the dress for me?” I smacked his arm and shook my head.
“You’re crazy, you know that?”
“It’s not my fault that you look good and that I can’t wait to see all of you.”
“Okay, you’re delusional on top of being crazy.”
“Come on, I wanna see the dress on you.”
“You can, tonight D.” I walked over to his door and opened it. He grabbed my upper arm and pulled me against his body, his lips pressing firmly against mine. My arms snaked around his waist, holding on for dear life. I felt him shove me back and against the door frame, the sharp jab making me realize that anyone could walk by and here they would find us. I pulled away, a smile lingering upon my lips. “Till tonight.”
“Till tonight,” he whispered. I looked into his eyes and what I found there made me shiver. I walked towards my room, lost in my own world, not once hearing the snickers going on.

I glanced at myself in the mirror, twisting every which way, not feeling the least bit comfortable. The dress was wonderful, not on me though. I heard a knock and pulled on a robe before I opened the door.
“Let me see the dress.” I let Amber in and told her to sit on the bed. “Well, your hair looks great.” I turned and threw her a smile.
“Now, no icky remarks.” I untied the robe and let it slip off. Amber stood up and walked around me, nodding her head.
“G, that dress looks outstanding on you.”
“You’re crazy. This dress looks horrible.”
“You know what, yes you’re chunky, you got some meat on you, but you don’t look like a cow. The dress just highlights you’re special assets.”
“Thanks G. Do you think he’ll like it?” I smoothed the dress down over my stomach, feeling so self conscious.
“I think he has every intention of jumping your bones after tonight. Please tell me you’re gonna wear that to the club.”
“In these heals, you’ve gotta be outta your mind.”
“It’ll turn him on even more, which is something you’ve always wanted.” I smacked her arm before I picked up my purse and followed her out of the room. Taking a deep breath, we walked down the hall way and waited for the family at the stairs. This was our first real dinner together, and Amber and I were the only DLF staff to be eating with the family. I heard the chattering and the sudden stop. I turned around and smiled at Howie, who looked dumbfounded.

~*~ I wanna play a game/ Is someone coming, it don't matter just the same/ Try something fun with me/ Let's take our clothes off all over the balcony ~*~

He stood there for a moment, not saying anything, just looking very happy. I cleared my throat which seemed to knock some sense into him.
“You look stunning, sexy.” He walked over and gave me a small kiss, before slipping his arm around my waist.
“Thank you. And thank you Pollyanna. The dress is wonderful.”
“You look good Theresa. I’m happy you like it.” She gave me a quick hug before walking into the elevator.
“Hmm, I see my brother can actually pick out something nice when he wants to.” I hugged John before he headed off too, laughing along his way.
“I tired telling her she looked good D, but she doesn’t believe me.” I turned to Amber and glared at her. “Oh, I’m gonna follow them. See ya.”
“Tell me something, why do you always refuse to listen to people?” I shrugged, not knowing that answer. “We wouldn’t tell you something to save your feelings, so if we say it, we mean it. And I told you that you would look stunning and everyone else thinks so as well.”
“I can’t help it, sexy. It’s the way I’ve always been.”
“Than from here on out, I suggest you start changing. Now, dinner is ready and I can tell you I want only dessert.” I smacked his arm before we headed off in the elevator and down to the main floor.
Chapter 5 by ResaD
CHAPTER 5
Mentally, this was not an easy task, eating with so many eyes on you. Howie and I had walked in along the last of the crowd, hand in hand, and everyone was staring. Inside, I was a tub of Jell-O but outside, I had to be composed. These fans were not allowed to see that they made me nervous.
“Enjoying the meal, mija?”
“Of course Paula.”
“Every year, this is my favorite meal.” I smiled her.
“I agree. I find this to be the most enjoyable.”
“I prefer any dinner. I think D should hire a cook from here, that way he could stop cooking all that shit.”
“Thanks John!”
“Pictures, you guys?”
“Perfect,” D said. The young lady went around the table, snapping plenty of pictures. “Smile sexy,” D breathed in my ear. His arm wrapped around my shoulders and pulled me against his chest.
“The pictures will be ready tomorrow,” she said, snapping the picture. She walked off, moving among the other tables. My eyes glanced around, seeing quite a few pairs of eyes watching me. I sighed, not really wanting to deal with this anymore. Lord, it wasn’t even two full days, and I was having problems.
“Wanna take a walk?” I smiled my thanks to Howie as he pulled out my chair. We slipped out of the dinning room and onto the top deck. Hand in hand we walked to the stern of the ship, watching the dark waves crash along the boat. “You know tomorrow’s the beach excursion right?”
“Yes and I was thinking of letting Amber go and enjoy the fun.”
“And what are you going to do?”
“Stay on board and lounge around.” He pulled my hand up and pressed his lips against the back of it.
“You need to work on your tan. The fans won’t do anything as long as I’m there. Besides, I want to take you jet skiing.”
“Been there, done that. Oh, what’s the use, I can’t argue against you.” He smiled, before wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me against him. His lips pressed softly against mine, the merest of touches, yet it left me breathless, hell, he left my breathless. “You’re so stunning, Theresa.”
“As you are sexy, D.” He held me tighter, pressing his lips firmly against mine. Our tongues fought an erotic duel, which heated me to the core. I moaned, craving, wanting, longing for him. Yet, on the deck, where prying eyes were looking, was not the time to do what I wanted to do. Although, it heated me up even more knowing anyone could walk in on us.
“You like the thought of being caught, huh?”
“I never claimed to dislike it.”
“True, but you let me kiss you wherever. If you didn’t like it, you wouldn’t allow it.” I shrugged, turning my back on him and looking over the water once again. He smiled to himself and placed his hands along my hips. “You’re not denying it.”
“Should I? You’ve known for a while that I can be freaky. It shouldn’t surprise you none.” He placed his lips upon my neck, loving the sound of my gentle hissing breath.
“Actually, that’s something that attracts me.” I closed my eyes, moving my head, giving him better access to whatever it was he wanted. His hands traveled downward, slipping up my skirt, feeling the softness of my thigh.
“D, finally.” I heard D swear as I moved away and turned to see Angie and Amber walking over to us. “Did you forget you were supposed to be the DJ tonight?” Mentally, I cringed, for I had forgotten too.
“Oh, damn, I did Angie.”
“You’re fans are waiting, I suggest you go meet ‘em.” He laughed, following her as they left the deck. I took a deep breath, letting down my hair.
“Smart idea, for something is forming.” I turned and looked at Amber, shock written in my eyes. “So, I saw things. Stuff getting hot and heavy between you two, huh?”
“Nah, not really. Come on, we gotta snap some shots.”
“Hold up. I know you like D, and I’m starting to think it’s obvious he likes you too. Kissing, caressing, touching even is fine, but on a boat, where news travels fast, I suggest you keep everything as a big no.”
“Trust me Amber, I’m really trying. He’s just so hard to fight off.”
“I know, that’s why I’m telling you now. You have a little more than a week left, and it’s not easy to fight the fans. You can remember how it was.”
“I do. Thanks G.”
“You’re welcome. Now come on, I love watching D make a fool of himself.” I laughed, linking my arm through hers.

I wrapped the material around my waist, cringing as I passed by the mirror. Last night, after a couple of drinks, Howie and Amber convinced me to go to the beach. And almost convinced me that I looked good in a swimsuit. They had to be smoking something, for looking at myself now, I thought I looked horrible.
“Come on G, we’re waiting for you,” Amber said, walking in from the adjoining room.
“I really need to keep that door locked.”
“Ready?” I grabbed my work bag and nodded my head. “Great. The fans wont be a problem. Well, as long as you keep that hickey covered.”
“Shut up! Please do not remind me that I have one.” We busted out laughing as we walked out of the room and down to the bottom decks.
“I was thinking that Howie and the gang might want to record a little thank you for the fans and we could post it on the site.
“G, that’s a wonderful idea. I’m sure everyone would go for it.”
“Thanks Tre.”
“What are you two discussing?” Angie asked as she walked up to us.
“Amber came up with an awesome idea. She thinks that the Dorough family should leave messages, recorded messages, for the fans and then we can place them on the site.”
“Amber, I love it. I knew we hired you for some good reason.”
“Thanks Angie. Sure know how to make someone feel special.” Angie laughed as her and Amber walked on ahead.
“What’s on your mind sexy?” I smiled as Howie walked along my side.
“Nothing much actually. Just an idea that Amber came up with. She’s talking it over with Angie.”
“Awesome. Ready for the beach?”
“Yes, got my book and my working equipment.”
“So long as no one sees that…”
“Yes, I know. And I thank you so damn much for it.”
“Trust me, I didn’t meant to leave one. You’re just so damn tasty.” We walked over to the boat that would take us to the private island. He helped me as I climbed on and gave the captain the single that we were the last ones on. He took a seat and almost every young female flocked to sit next to him. I rolled my eyes and took a seat by the window, snapping pictures of the turquoise water.
“Breath taking, isn’t it?”
“Yes. I wish I could stay out here all the time.”
“Me too. I’m Stephanie. I just had to tell you that I think you’re amazing.”
“Why?”
“Because you’re standing up to all the fans. That and I remember you on some past cruises. You never seemed to be into D. Or, rather, in awe of him.”
“I got a secret. Her snores really loud and talks in his sleep. Think about things like that, and he’s more normal.” Stephanie glanced at him and started laughing.
“That helps.” D glanced up, hearing the commotion and looked at me, a question in his eyes. I shrugged, laughing along with her.
“Are you a big fan of D?”
“Somewhat. He’s an amazing guy and really nice to talk to, if you’re lucky enough to get the chance.”
“Yes. It’s not always easy. You would think here, would be the perfect time, but there’s always other girls who throw themselves at him.”
“True. No, my heart belongs to AJ.”
“Yes, the sexy one.” She laughed but nodded her head in agreement. “Do you know he has a girlfriend?”
“Yeah, but I’ve never seen pictures of her. I just heard she treats him right, keeps him out of trouble, and very pretty.”
“Wanna meet her?”
“Sure, she’s on this boat?”
“Remember Amber?”
“Oh my God, yes. He’s dating her? She’s lucky…actually, they’re both lucky.”
“I like to think so.”
“Who’s D dating?” I let out a deep breath and turned my eyes to D. “Oh, you want to date him?”
“No, not really. And be hated by all the fans?”
“Actually, I personally think you and D would be a cute couple. D isn’t shallow and into looks, at least, not from what I’ve seen.”
“He’s not. He really is a sweet heart. By the way, how old are you?”
“I’ll be 21 in two days.”
“Oh, what a way to celebrate.”
“Too true.”
“Who knows, maybe I might have to throw a party for you, would that work?”
“I’d love that!”

~*~ Let's get it on in public/ Just let it go/ I promise that you'll love it/ Oh daddy don't you wanna be my subject/ Ooh let's get it on in public Ooh ~*~
Chapter 6 by ResaD
CHAPTER 6
I played with the chair and leaned back on it, closing my eyes against the sun. I let out a deep breath, clearing my mind. I loved any ocean, loved playing in the water or on the sand, but HIS fans, they were mean, and I so did not want to be around them. That’s why I found a space far enough off, but close enough to be considered part of the group.
“May I join ya?” I peeked one eye open and nodded my head. “The fans are gonna think you don’t like them.” I glanced over at John and rolled my eyes.
“It’s not me who thinks that way.”
“That’s why you’re over here, by yourself?”
“I’m not by myself. You came to join me.” He smiled but shook his head.
“Don’t let them get to you. They love him and really do get jealous to see him with anyone else, other then them.”
“I know John, I know. Remember, I’ve been down that road.” He smiled but smacked my arm.
“You know what I mean. Sides, you were always a cool fan. You didn’t go all crazy or anything.”
“Now, what the hell was that gonna do? He was just an annoying man, like all the rest.”
“I beg your pardon, I am not annoying.” I shook my head, catching a few pairs of eyes glaring in my direction. I tried to stay away, it was them who came.
“Are you guys gonna lounge in the sun all afternoon?”
“Yeah, I think so. Why?” I shrugged my shoulders and jumped out of the chair, running straight into the ocean. A few minutes later, I heard a splash behind me. I turned expecting to see some fan, but saw D. I turned towards the fans, and could barley make them out. Which, had it’s good and bad points. I started swimming away from that too damn good looking man that was following me. “Why run away?” I shivered as I felt his breath against my neck. Yes, I wasn’t swimming that fast.
“Because I didn’t want to be caught by you.” His lips grazed the back of neck, moving down and setting aside the strap to the bathing suit.
“Really?” I rolled my head back on his shoulder. Damn it, why in the world did this man make me feel like this? If any fan had binoculars or a really good eye, they would all fuckin’ come after me.
“Howie…” I felt his teeth scrap my shoulder, than felt his tongue run over the spot, as if to sooth it.
“Yes.” Oh, yeah…what the hell was I gonna say now. I felt his hand encircle my waist, moving up to caress a breast. Ah hell, he done did it now. I turned around, capturing my mouth with his, catching the moan that ran through his body. At that moment, all I wanted to say was screw the fans, screw the world. Yet, feeling the water keep hitting my body was a very constant reminder that there were fans not to far away who might feel like a swim. I pulled away and smirked before I started swimming back to shore, with him falling very closely. “And you dare tell me I don’t play fair?” I winked and walked over to my lawn chair and picked up my towel.
“You were gone for quite a while.”
“The water felt good, G.”
“Oh yeah, I’m sure the water wasn’t the only thing that felt good.” She busted out laughing, along with Pollyanna.
“Where you two going?”
“To rent some jet ski’s. Wanna come?”
“Nah. I’m gonna work on my tan now.” They waved and went on their way. I laid down on the chair, closing my eyes to the bright sun.
“Wanna play football with us?”
“No, thank you though John.”
“Are you scared?”
“No, I just don’t want to beat a bunch of guys.” I opened my eyes and offered him a smile.
“Are you suggesting that you think you can actually beat us?”
“Oh hell no, I’m not suggesting it. I’m straight out telling you!”
“No girl, no matter how cute, can beat guys?” I nodded my head and jumped out of my chair.
“AMBER!” She turned around and threw me a look. “THEY WANT US TO PLAY, CARE TO JOIN?” She busted out laughing and started running back our way.
“You can bet your ass I’m joining.”

50 minutes later, the guys were just shaking their heads. We had three touchdowns on them and they so could not believe it.
“You know they’re pissed.”
“That’s the point. They want to believe they’re better than us, G. We know better. And after we score our next touchdown, they’ll know too.”
“Okay, Resa, you know they’re gonna come up with some fucked up plan, right?” I squinted my eyes at them, wishing I could hear what they were planning. Oh yeah, I knew they were pissed and I so knew they were coming after me. After all, I was the one scoring. We lined up and I noticed that Howie was the one guarding me. Great, won’t this be fun. They called hike and I started running, trying to shake Howie. I finally got an opening and caught the ball, running but getting tackled before I crossed the goal line. I looked behind me and saw the evil smirk lingering upon his lips.
“You don’t play fair.”
“We already discussed this, I believe.” I felt him lean down and felt him pushing into me. I felt his breath hot against my neck and groaned softly.
“Hush now, or someone might catch on.” He laughed and offered me his hand to help me up. I glared at him, knowing damn good and well I was more than turned on.
Chapter 7 by ResaD
CHAPTER 7
We walked along the deck, hand in hand, just staring out over the ocean. The boat hadn’t left dock yet, and wouldn’t for another half an hour. I stopped at the railing and placed my hands upon it, watching as the sun started sinking lower into the horizon.
“Okay, I need you to confess.”
“Confess to what D?”
“Just how the hell you became so damn good at football.” I busted out laughing and heads turned to look in our direction.
“I love football. You should know by now that I’m not a girlie girl. Yeah, I got assets, but certainly not the mentally.”
“I’ll buy that.” He walked up behind me and placed his hands upon my hips. “And I most certainly like those assets,” he whispered against my neck. I closed my eyes and felt his lips pressing softly. Oh, damn it, why now? Why did the thrill of getting caught just get me all hot and bothered. It wasn’t fair. I wanted to do so much to him, yet there were eyes, and ears, all around. I knew they would see something, and than I would be royally fucked. “Want to go to my room?” I could only nod my head. He grabbed my hand and lead me to the elevator. Once the doors closed behind us, though, he had me pushed up against the wall and his lips were capturing mine. I moaned against those lips, clawing at his back, wanting to touch him. His tongue snaked out and caught mine, giving it an erotic battle, showing me what he wanted to do to me. I felt the elevator stop, heard the ding, and knew that the doors were open.
“Pardon us.” We pulled away, a blush creeping upon both of our cheeks. “Ah, to be young and in love again,” the older gentleman said to the woman by his side. All she did was smile and nod.

~*~ Don't try to run from me/ I'll make your toes curl up and make your body scream/ Come take a walk with me/ We can do it over there by all the trees ~*~

We rushed to his room, slamming the door behind us. He pulled me tight against his body and once more captured my lips. It stayed in my mind just how much control he had over me. No, it most certainly wasn’t fair to me, but it was very nice to know he could turn me on with just the merest of a touch. I moaned against his lips, wanting, needing more than just his kisses. Son of a bitch, he had me under his spell. His hands slipped under my shirt and pulled it over my head, catching the bra and snapping that off. He stepped back and quickly sucked in a breath. I felt so self conscience, not wanting him to see me like this in the light of day. He stepped over to me again and captured my lips once more, this time gently, savoring the taste, the feel of them. And than, with out notice, our world fell around us as the housekeeper of the sorts came into the room. She stopped, smiled and tired to hurry and close the door. I slid behind Howie and saw the eyes trying to enter the room. Great, the rumors would start to fly now. I pulled back, trying to get the bra on and heard him shut the door.
“What are you doing?”
“Getting dressed. There were prying eyes out there and the last thing we want is more rumors.” I slipped my shirt on and fluffed my hair.
“Come here.” He sat down on the bed and pulled me on his lap. He leaned his head against my arm and I had to smile as his arms snaked around my waist. “This puts us in quite a position huh?”
“Yeah.”
“What are the fans saying?”
“Different things. I haven’t gotten the official word yet.” He chuckled at that.
“I didn’t mean for this to happen ya know?”
“I know D. Look, dinner is an hour away and I need to go take a shower.” He pulled his head away and gazed into my eyes. This would be such a perfect time to ask him all the questions I was feeling, but I could not bring the words out. If he wanted to talk about it, it was gonna have to be him who brought it up for I knew I was too damn scared.
“Yeah. Me too I guess.”
“Lucky thing my room is just right next door huh?” I slipped off his lap and walked towards the door.
“Theresa?” I turned back around and smiled as his lips pressed against mine once more. “See ya in a bit.” I beamed, opened the door and shut it behind me tightly as I left it. I leaned back against it, closed my eyes and took a very deep breath. Holy crap this was gonna be a long couple of days.

“Okay, what did I miss?” I glanced up and into a brown pair of eyes.
“Nothing at all. Amber and I were just discussin’ some things about the website.”
“I like hearing ideas.”
“Since they’re hers, you can talk to her while I run to the restroom.” I bid them goodbye and hurried down the walk way.
“Okay, give Dorough.”
“On what?” Amber watched him as he watched the retreating back.
“You’re feelings, that’s what.”
“And I repeat on what?” Amber took a sip of her drink, raising her eyebrow at him. He saw her look and laughed. “On Resa, huh?”
“Yeah, that would be it.” He sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.
“I don’t know. I like her, quite a bit. She’s just an amazing woman. I just don’t know if I want a serious relationship yet.”
“That’s great. And it’s okay if ya’ll wanna fool around, but D, on this boat, with all these fans, that ain’t right.”
“I know, and I tell myself that all the time, but it’s like when I’m around her, all I can think of just kissing her. Screw the fans or what they think.”
“That’s not the smartest way to be thinking.”
“I don’t think really when she’s around.” Amber laughed and I walked in on that, confusion showing on my face.
“Don’t worry about it G. Howie here just has a lot on his plate and he needs a lot of help.” I glanced at him but he just smiled. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me tight against his body.
“Ready for dinner, laides?”

“Wanna hit the floor?” I nodded my head as she grabbed my hand and lead me onto the dance floor. I started grooving to the music, feeling many pairs of eyes burning into my back. I slowed down and started looking around, seeing none other Darlene and a couple of her friends sitting a table, watching me. “Enemies?”
“Remember that girl from the first night?” At Amber’s nod, I nodded my head in the direction of the girls. “That’s her and she’s killing me with her looks.”
“Any reason she would be doing that?”
“None that I can think of.” Amber raised her eyebrow at that. I cringed, for yes, Darlene did have reason. She was the set of eyes that caught me in D’s room earlier. I stopped dancing and started walking off the dance floor. Amber quickly caught up to me and grabbed my arm.
“What should I tell him when he asks for you?”
“I’ll be on the deck, watching the waves.”
“Be careful please.” I smiled and finished walking out of the club, making my way to the top deck.
Chapter 8 by ResaD
CHAPTER 8
Thirty minutes later, D was grabbing Amber’s arm and pulling her into his VIP section.
“Where did she go?”
“On the top deck.”
“How long ago did she leave?” Amber shrugged. She glanced down at her watch and made a face.
“Oh, probably within the last half hour. I was out there groovin’.”
“Yeah, I saw ya. That’s when I realized your buddy wasn’t with you.”
“She said she felt some eyes killing her, so she left. Look, I’m not gonna repeat myself, cause ya a big boy. But she’s not used to this.”
“She’s tough.”
“That she is. But, she’s still a woman, with a woman’s heart. And she hates that everyone hates her.”
“Do they?”
“Eh, right now it’s only a couple of girls. But that’s all it takes to turn more. D, these girls adore you. The last thing they want is for you to be happy with some other chick that’s not them.”
“I know, I know. I’m gonna go find her. We may or may not be back.”
“I’ll make your excuses.”
“You’re the greatest Ambz.” With that, he gave her a kiss on the cheek as he left.

I wrapped my arms around my waist, watching as the dark waves crashed along the side of the boat. I closed my eyes, savoring the slight breeze and how it cooled my heated cheeks. Things had gotten way out of hand with Howie and someone needed to put an end to it and soon. I liked him, no loved him, but I couldn’t do things like this in front of everyone. Too many people already knew, or at least guessed and I just didn’t need my name drugged through the mud. I sighed, once more opening my eyes and looking over the side of the boat.
“You’re not thinking of jumping are you?” I smiled to myself and shook my head. “What’s on your mind lovely lady?”
“You are.” With that, I turned and glanced at him.
“That’s being blunt.”
“I know of no other way to be.” He smiled and slipped his arm around my waist. I glanced around, relieved that no one was on the deck.
“What about me?” I sighed and turned back around to watch the waves. “Come on sexy, it’s me!”
“D, what are we doing?”
“Right now, we’re talking. But, I can think of a lot more other things I wanna be doing.” He pressed his lips to the back of my neck and I shivered.
“Yeah, there’s a lot of things I can think of too. But, that’s not what I mean and you know it. I mean, what are we doing on this boat?” He sighed and rested his head on my shoulder.
“I like you Theresa, if you haven’t guessed that already.”
“I would hate to say it’s obvious after everything that’s gone on.” He chuckled at that.
“I enjoy being with you. You truly are an amazing woman.”
“Thank you. But, D, you’re not answering my question.” He turned me around so I was looking into his eyes. I shivered, not from the cold, but from the passion I saw blazing in depths of his eyes. It set my heart fluttering and my blood pounding.
“I want you.” I wrapped my arms around his neck as he wrapped his arms around my waist, drawing me tight against his body.
“I want you too D.” That was his undoing. His lips pressed against mine and I moaned. His tongue captured mine, heating me to the very core. After breathless moments we pulled away.
“My room?” I shook my head.
“Too many eyes. My room.” He laughed and wrapped his arm around my waist as I lead the way.

I shifted my shades, trying so very hard to keep the sun out of my eyes.
“Want anything to eat?” I shook my head. “Want anything to drink?” Again, another shake. “Would you wake up?” I took my glasses off and glared at Amber. “What in the world is your problem?”
“Just a rather late night and no sleep.”
“Oh, that’s not how I here it.”
“Well, G, I really don’t give a damn how you’re hearing it. And what the hell are you hearing anyways?”
“Just some deep snoring coming from your room last night. And I know that wasn’t you. Did you tire him out that much?”
“Oh, would you just shut up.” She busted out laughing and took a sip of her juice.
“Listen, girlie, if you’re gonna sleep with him, you really have got to be in a better mood. Sides, how was it?” I cocked my head to the side and grinned.
“None of your damn business. Now, excuse me, I’m getting a headache, so I think I’m going back to my room. Wake me up when it’s time for the next DLF event.”
“Gotcha. Sweet dreams and tell him I said good morning.” I glared at her once more before I left the table. I made my way to my room and smiled as I saw him sprawled out on my bed, the sheet barely covering his backside. I shook my head and made my way over to the bed, falling down on it.
“You’re back.”
“I’m shocked you even realized I left.” He turned over and glanced at him.
“Why?” I shrugged and pinched the bridge of my nose. “What’s wrong?”
“Just a headache. And Amber did not help much. Dragging me out of bed to go have breakfast with her.”
“She was here.” I tossed him a quick glance.
“You didn’t hear the room phone or my cell phone ringing off the hook.” At his shake, I groaned. “I couldn’t get her to leave me alone, so I finally agreed. Although, I’m just too damn tired and wanna go back to sleep.”
“I’m that good huh.” I grabbed the pillow from underneath my head and swung it at him.
“In your dreams Dorough.” He dogged the pillow and grabbed my wrist, yanking me across his body.
“No, my dear Theresa, in yours.” With that, he pressed his lips against mine. From somewhere deep in my mind, I knew this couldn’t be happening. I knew that at any minute this would all come to an end. But, damn, was I just so enjoying it.
“Round four huh?” He flipped me over onto my back and nodded, that smirk written all over his face.

~*~ Drive this car real fast/ I'll lay my head down and I’ll make your body blast ow ~*~
Chapter 9 by ResaD
CHAPTER 9
“I beg your pardon?” I glanced up and over at a couple of girls. They were having a heated discussion before the next DLF event.
“You heard me.” I frowned, realizing that was Stephanie. I walked over to them and laid my hand on her shoulder.
“Is everything all right here?”
“I’m fine Theresa. This one here just opened her fat mouth.”
“Come on, come sit with us, and let her talk her shit else where.” That earned me a glare before the other girl turned on her heel and marched off. Oh yes, I knew who that girl was and I can only picture what lies were getting spread.
“Thank you Theresa. I’m not all too sure I could have stood another moment of that.”
“Oh, I understand. If you don’t mind my askin’, what were they saying?”
“They, well, they said you were a slut and that you were screwing all the Backstreet Boys.” I rose my eyebrow at that. Amazing, I didn’t really know half of the Backstreet Boys, and yet, I was now messing around with them. Wow, I was good. “Are you upset?”
“Not at all. I’ll be honest, I’ve only had the pleasure of meeting AJ, I don’t know the rest of the guys. Other than a mere hello to each other them, that’s the biggest discussion I’ve had with them.”
“I know it wasn’t true. And if you’re with Howie, I’m happy for you. Like I said, I think you two make a cute couple.”
“Why, thank you Stephanie. Here, go ahead and sit down. Pollyanna and Angie should be coming soon, so you can talk with them before the bidding starts. Amber is here too, I need to find Howie really quickly, but I’ll be right back, okay?”
“That’s fine, thank you.” I smiled and left her alone, watching as Amber nodded and made her way over to the table. I searched the room, not finding John or D. I groaned to myself. I made my way outside, grateful that all the DLF fans were inside that small room. I glanced around in the hallway and no sign of D. I rolled my eyes, not having a clue where I could find him.
“Lookin’ for someone?” I turned around and just about hit him.
“Why are you always late to these events?” He shrugged and leaned against the wall, away from all prying eyes. “You’re fans adore you and yet, here you are, running late.”
“I like to savor the moment.” I shook my head and felt his arm circle my waist. “Don’t you know that?” Oh hell, did I know. My body was sore from using muscles I wasn’t aware of and my throat was scratchy from wanting to scream and being unable too. Yes, I knew what the hell he was saying.
“D, you’re fans are waiting.”
“Another minute won’t hurt them.” With that said, his lips were pressing against mine. I moaned, wrapping my arms around his neck and entangling my fingers in his hair. Oh, damn, if we didn’t have an event, I would so be over him again! His tongue parted my lips and I could feel his quiver. He pushed me against the wall, his hand snaking itself under my shirt. I moaned and leaned my head back against the wall, feeling his lips and tongue working magic down my neck.
“D, are...sorry, man.” Howie quickly pulled away and smoothed my shirt down. I hid my head behind Howie’s shoulder, grateful that it was only John and no one else. “Mom wants you in there now.” Howie winked at me and made his way into the room. That son of a bitch! How dare he do something like that, get me all worked up, and still be able to go into that room of his adoring fans and be cooled and controlled! “Got a sec?” I glanced at John and nodded my head.
“Yeah, Amber’s got it covered.”
“I’m not sure I want to know all the details between you and my brother, but, exactly what is going on?”
“An attraction that’s being settled.”
“To put it mildly, I’m sure. Theresa, you’re a wonderful woman, smart, funny, beautiful, and I’m glad that Howie has someone like you.”
“What’s the ‘but’, John?” He glanced around and sighed, making me realize just how much alike these two men were.
“I’m not one to get into peoples affairs, you know this…”
“John!”
“Not here, not now!” I sucked in a breath, not quite thinking he would state that. “Look, like I said, I find nothing wrong with you.”
“Geez, thanks.”
“Come on! You know that on this boat, this is wrong!”
“Why? Because his fans might care who he is seeing?”
“Yes, that and because they can cause some serious trouble. I don’t have to tell you, I know you were on these cruises before, and you know the way these fans are! If you two are happy, that’s great, but please, not on this boat and certainly not in public!” I closed my eyes and nodded my head. I heard his footsteps and had to sit down. Things with D were totally raging out of control and I had no way to stop it. Actually, I wasn’t all too sure I wanted to stop it.

I leaned against the railing as I watched the waves. I was beyond knowing what to do. This afternoon was proof that it had to be stopped. Yeah, Howie was great, and yeah, I was falling even more in love, but when I was with him, it was just not a good sign to loose all sense and let him do the things he was doing in public! John was right. The fans already hated me, it was obvious to everyone. And I did not need fights breaking out on this boat, or elsewhere because I couldn’t keep my hormones in check. Hell, even alone in our rooms wasn’t being alone!
“There you are! I’ve been looking all over for you!”
“Hey G.
“What’s wrong Theresa?” I shrugged my shoulders. “Tre, talk to me.”
“Before the auction, John walked in on Howie and I. I just…I don’t know what’s going on with him, g. I mean, I know that I shouldn’t be touching him in public, because that leads to so much more, but it’s so, hell, erotic to know we might get caught. It’s tearing me apart though.”
“Does he know it?”
“We’ve talked briefly about it, but not recently. I mean, he knows I like it, and I know he likes it. But, he’s not certain about all that’s going on.”
“I think you need to talk to him, I mean really talk to him. No kissing, no touching, if you know it’s going to lead to more. You need to lay down some rules and you know it.” I sighed, knowing she was right and knowing there was certainly no time like the present.
“I know G.”
“He’s was down at the casino the last time I checked.” I turned to her and smiled, throwing my arms around her neck.
“Thanks Amber. It’s wonderful to know I have a friend on this boat with me.”
“Always chica.” She squeezed and than pushed me in the direction of the door.
Chapter 10 by ResaD
CHAPTER 10
“Are you winning much?” I asked as I pulled the seat out beside him.
“Breaking even. Wanna play?”
“No, actually, I want to talk to you Howie.” He glanced from up from the cards on the table to me.
“It’s serious?”
“Yeah. And private.” He nodded his head and told the dealer to hit. He hit 21, beamed up at me and grabbed my hand, placing a kiss on the back of it.
“You’re my good luck charm.” I smiled and tugged my hand out of his grasp, noticing the many pairs of eyes glancing in my direction. He cashed out and we walked away from the table. “Is there any place you want to go?”
“Away from prying eyes and ears?” He nodded his head and we took the elevator down to his bedroom. He slipped the card in and ushered me to go in before him.
“Are you okay?” I sat down on the bed and took a steadying breath. “Resa, you know you can talk to me.”
“I know. I just, I have no clue how to explain what’s going on in my mind.” He knelled down in front of me and brushed his knuckles across my cheek.
“You don’t have to say anything.” I pulled away from his touch and he frowned.
“That’s just it, I do have to say something. After our kiss this afternoon, John stayed and talked to me.”
“Yeah, I remember.”
“What he said wasn’t the nicest thing. But, it was point blank. After all that we’ve done,” I saw the smirk on his face and had to smile myself, “after all of that, it should be rather obvious that I like you Howie. And that I like doing things in public. And on most cases I would say I don’t mind, but on this boat, with tons of your adoring fans, it isn’t smart and it needs to stop.” His smirk went away and he stood up.
“Why?”
“Why, what?”
“Why does it need to stop? You like it, I like it.”
“Your fans don’t like it and they don’t like me. Some serious damage could happen. Are you willing to put that on the line to have a couple moments of erotic pleasure?”
“Well…” I quickly jumped off the bed and made my way to the door. “Wait..”
“Oh no, Howie, you made your point very well. I’m not worth much other than the little fling you need.”
“That’s not it at all!”
“That’s the worst bull shit I heard you say! There’s tons of girls on this boat, how about you take one of them and screw them, because this fling is done! I’m worth more than a few moments, damn it!” With that, I flung the door open, letting it slam against the wall. I stormed out of the room, not giving two shits who saw, or for that matter, who heard. Talk about a major asshole. Where the hell did he get off! I flew down the hall way, never noticing the person coming from the opposite way. I smacked into her and she fell to the floor.
“Hey!” I glanced down and offered my hand.
“Oh my gosh, Stephanie, are you okay?”
“Yeah, I’m fine. You see distant, everything okay?”
“Just got into a stupid fight. Hey, it’s a good thing I saw you though. I tried to reserve the club, but they wouldn’t let me. But, what I can do is let you stay in the VIP with us. It’s not much and I’m sorry.”
“No, that’s the best birthday present. I’m actually flattered that you remembered.”
“I try very hard not to forget my promises. Now, I have some last minute things I have to do, so, I’m sorry once more.”
“No, don’t worry about it.” I smiled at her as she waved and went on her way. I glanced around and noticed Howie was leaning against the door frame. I glared at him and marched back down the hall way.

I leaned back against the seat, letting the bass massage the tension away. I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed.
“Something wrong?” I glanced up and shook my head. “Something is.”
“Nothing for you to be worried about.”
“Come on. Tell me.”
“I’m fine. Look, your hoochies want you.”
“Theresa…”
“John, let it go, please.” I got off the chair, glad to see Amber come in. Before she could go to the table, I grabbed her arm and headed to the dance floor.
“Well, I guess I’ll dance.”
“Yes, you are.”
“Wanna explain to me why you’re dressed in that killer outfit with the I’m-very-pissed-off attitude?”
“Howie and I got into it this afternoon. Said I was really just a fling, and he was more than willing to let the dangers happen as long as that fling kept going. So, I’m going to let me him have his fling with some other more than willing hoe.”
“And now you’re making him pay by wearing that?”
“I’ve worn it before!”
“The mini skirt, the tight top, the five inch heels, um, no, not that I can recall. At least, not all at the same time.” I shrugged my shoulders, letting my hair move. “And you certainly haven’t styled your hair like that. Damn, you look hot.”
“It’s what I was aiming for, thank you.” She laughed at that.
“Yeah, he’s gonna regret that comment. Are you okay?”
“I don’t want to think about it right now.” She nodded her head, knowing that the tears and the hurt would certainly happen away from all the eyes.
“Excuse me, Theresa?”
“Stephanie, it’s great that you’re here. Time to really party. You know Amber. It’s her 21st birthday, so I told her she could hang out in the VIP section tonight.”
“Well, happy birthday. Come on, we’ll introduce you.” Stephanie walked behind us, timid and shy. I linked my arm through hers.
“Don’t worry, they don’t bite. John, D, come here.” D turned around and stared. His jaw dropped slightly and it took everything I had not to gloat. “I want to introduce you to someone. Guys, this is Stephanie. It’s her 21st birthday, and since she’s been so amazing on this cruise, I thought we would be nice and let her hang out with us. Do you all mind?”
“No, come on, it’s a pleasure. I’m John, but of course you know D.”
“Hi.”
“Girl, don’t be shy. They ain’t nothin’ special,” Amber said, sitting down next to Pollyanna. “Come on, I’ll introduce you to the rest of the family.” I turned away and went to the bar, ordering a shot. The bartender smiled and I winked, loving the smile he had. He placed the glass in front of me and when I went to pay, he shook his head.
“For someone as beautiful as you tonight, it’s on the house.”
“Than I’ll drink this with pleasure.” I saluted him and slammed the shot down. “Do you get a break?”
“In two hours for half an hour.”
“Do you dance?”
“Only if you save me one.” I winked at him once more and nodded my head. He beamed and went to wait on the next customer. I turned around and almost slammed into Howie.
“What was that?”
“What was what?”
“That thing with the guy.” I gave him a confused look. “The flirting with him.” I glanced in the direction he waved and frowned at the bartender.
“Why does it matter to you?”
“Because you were flirting with him.” I shrugged and walked around him. He grabbed my arm and yanked me hard against his chest. “You’re mine.”
“You made your point earlier, thank you.” With that, I yanked my arm out of his grasp and marched my ass over to the dance floor. THE NERVE! Oh, that man was skating on some thin ice and the sad part, he didn’t even know it, nor understand it.

~*~ Let's get it on in public/ Just let it go/ I promise that you'll love it/ Oh daddy don't you wanna be my subject/ Ooh let's get it on in public Ooh ~*~
Chapter 11 by ResaD
CHAPTER 11
A couple hours later, I felt a hand slide along my waist and almost screamed. He sneaked behind me and his breath tickled my ear.
“Don’t be alarmed.”
“I’m not.”
“If I didn’t tell you tonight, you look amazing.”
“Thank you. So, do I get a name, or does sexy just work?” I turned around in his arms and got lost in the sea of green.
“Rick, but to be honest, I love sexy.”
“Than it’s my nick name for you tonight.” His arms tightened around my waist and he pulled me tight against his chest.
“And do I get the pleasure of your name?”
“Resa.”
“Short for something?”
“Theresa.”
“That’s a gorgeous name, why shorten it?”
“It’s just what all my friends always called me.”
“Sorry honey, I love Theresa a whole lot better than Resa. And seeing you in that outfit, Theresa just fits.” I had to duck my head, hoping he wouldn’t see the blush that was on my cheeks. I turned my head slightly, and caught sight of Howie, glaring at us. Oh well, let him see there was others out there for me. “Is that an ex I should be concerned about?”
“Him? The man at the table?”
“Yes. The one who keeps giving me daggers?”
“Nothing to be worried about. Besides, you could take him on.” I glanced up at him and smiled. He winked back and I realized that I was enjoying that way too much, but, than again, it also reminded me of Howie and how he started charming me. I frowned at that. I was not supposed to be thinking about Howie. He was out of my system, damn it.
“Well, honey, I gotta head back to work. I’m off in two hours, I’ll see you later.” I nodded my head and felt his lips brush mine. He winked as he walked away, but I frowned. That kiss didn’t feel right, and to be honest with myself, this whole flirting didn’t feel right. Sure, I was doing it to get back at Howie, but I was not the one to use people. It was down right rude of me to use Rick. And I was starting to think that maybe he was hoping for more and there just wouldn’t be. I had only slept with two men, one of them was Howie, the other an ex. I sighed as I made my way to the table.
“Theresa, this is amazing. Thank you, it’s the best birthday gift yet!” Stephanie said as she threw her arms around my neck.
“Than I’m glad I could at least make it sorta special.”
“It’s beyond that. John and Pollyanna have been great. Even Howie has danced with me. Thank you.” I smiled as she glowed. At least someone would leave this cruise with happy thoughts.
“Where is Howie?”
“You didn’t see the hoe that came up and asked him to dance. He hasn’t left her side since,” Amber said, pointing in the direction of the dance floor. My jaw dropped as I saw Howie grinding on the girl. Or, maybe it was just her ass pushing against him. My heart dropped and I could feel the tears at the back of my eyes. I was really just a fling to him, nothing more. “You okay?”
“I’ll be fine. Wanna dance?” We heard the last call being announced and she shook her head.
“I’m off to bed. See you in the morning Resa.” She gave me a hug and walked off, followed by a very tired Stephanie. I plopped down on the seat, noticing that Howie and that hoe walked off the floor and was no where to be seen.
“I see you talked to him.” I crossed my arms over my chest and glared up at John.
“Yes, and as you can see, it went just oh so great!”
“Theresa, D likes you!”
“No, John, he likes the pleasure and the fling. And as you can see by the wench he left with, he’s found someone else. You know what, I thank you. Thank you for meddling in my life once more, and being the jackass that you’re being.”
“Hey, don’t put this on my shoulders. No one told you to come in here looking like that. You should know that stunt you pulled with that stupid bartender was going to piss him off. Listen to me though, D’s been playing this game a lot longer than you. It’s obvious you’re not comfortable and that you’re using that bartender. Just remember, D is a lot like you in many different ways.”
“John, I would love it dearly if you just left me alone.” He shrugged his shoulders and left, without a backwards glance. “Stupid brothers,” I mumbled under my breath.
“What was that?” I smiled at Rick and shook my head.
“Nothing. Are you already done?”
“Yeah, my friend is letting me off to hang out with a beautiful woman. Wanna go up on the top deck?” Deep down, I knew this wasn’t a good idea, but I had no idea how to tell him no.
“Sounds great.” He offered me his hand as he helped me up. We walked along the deck, quiet for the first few moments. His arm was around my waist and I realized I did not like the feel of it. “Rick, I have an early start tomorrow, so I think I better head down to my room.”
“Not so fast, a few more minutes won’t kill you.”
“I’m not comfortable. I’m sorry if I lead you on earlier, that isn’t me. But I can’t do what you’re thinking I’m gonna do.”
“You don’t play games like that and than change the end of it.”
“I’m sorry…”
“Bull shit you are! We’re gonna finish…”
“I’m in love with that guy you saw earlier.”
“So, you used me. That’s even worse. Now, just hush…”
“I believe she said no.” My eyes closed and I prayed it wasn’t him, anyone but him.

~*~ Let's make a movie baby/ Can we get away with it (Open your legs) (I'll be your animal)/ All lights on I like it when we do it to this song ~*~
Chapter 12 by ResaD
CHAPTER 12
“Okay, I see your bodyguard has come back.” I opened my eyes and glanced at Rick, noticing the look that crossed his face and cringed. Okay, I was scared and yeah, what I did was stupid, but damn it, can you blame me, sheesh!
“What are you doing?” I glanced towards D and let the tears flow. “What the hell is up with you?” I sniffled, wiped my cheeks and glared at him.
“Why the hell do you care?”
“I walked her to her room.” I walked away from him and over to the railing, watching the dark waves.
“I have no clue why you’re telling me all this.”
“Because you care.”
“What in the world made you think that I cared?” He walked up beside me and rested his arms along the railing.
“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe it was the all out way you tried to make me jealous, maybe it was the way you were shooting knives at the girl…”
“The hoe.”
“Fine, at the hoe I was dancing with.”
“Doesn’t mean anything you know?” His hand cupped my chin and turned my face to gaze into those so amazing eyes. Damn it, there I went, all over again.
“It means a lot. And if I was being honest with myself, or with you, I wasn’t the happiest person when I saw you dancing with that jackass.”
“He wasn’t…” I stopped as I saw Howie raise that eyebrow in silent question. “Fine, maybe he was, but in all honesty, it was my fault. I lead him on.”
“Granted you did, but if a woman says no, she means no. Why do it?” I walked out of that grasp and away from him, sitting down on the bench. I smoothed my hands down my skirt, trying to get just a few more inches, but that wasn’t happening. Yeah, forgot, mini skirt! He smiled and handed me his jacket. I grabbed it and wrapped it around my legs. “I’m waiting you know.”
“I know. I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to put this.”
“Oh, than it must be good indeed.”
“Howie, can you for once not be a butt head?” He laughed but covered his mouth with his hand.
“Sorry, please do go on.”
“What you said earlier hurt a lot Howie. I know we’re friends, and maybe I like you a little more than a fling, but to know that’s what this was to you, just, well, hurt. You’re the second guy I slept with and you made me feel like a world class whore.” He sat down next to me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.
“I never meant for you to feel like that. I suppose I said what I said because, well, because I feel more than just a fling too. I care for you Theresa, and like you a lot too. And it really caught me off guard when I realized that my pure selfishness was putting you in harms way.”
“It wasn’t just your selfishness. I could have said no.”
“I’m not all too sure I would have been much better than Rick in the whole listening department. You drive me crazy and really, all I want to do when I see you is strip you naked and have my way with you, damn the people who see or watch. In fact, take notes!” I smiled at him, and wondered, not for the first time, how he captured my heart. It more than hurt when those words were uttered earlier, it damn near killed me. But, I wouldn’t have anyone to blame but myself. And granted, Howie claimed he liked me, but that was like, that was not love. And if there is anything I knew for sure right now, Howie was not looking for a serious relationship. So, where did that leave us? Nothing more than a fling and I knew it going into it! His other hand cupped my cheek, softly caressing it.
“Howie…”
“Hush.” With that his lips pressed against mine, causing all thoughts to float far away. I moaned against his lips, feeling his chuckle from deep within. Talk about turning someone on! Dang, I wasn’t aware of that trick. His hands slide along my back, caressing the exposed flesh. Wait, my shirt was not backless, how the hell, and it hit, his hands somehow managed to slide themselves up underneath it. His lips trailed down my neck, nibbling along his way. I threw my head back, allowing him to caress my most sensitive spot, to bite, to suck, to never let go, to…not again! He pulled away slightly, smirked at me and I shook my head, before I realized his hands were traveling up my skirt. Now, where did the jacket go? Talk about a fast mover! “I want you.” I felt his breath against a nipple and shivered. Forget the room, forget the elevator, he was turning me on like never before and I so knew that the only way I was heading back to my room in one piece was if I had him now, here, in the open and in the public view. Everything had been leading up to this, there was no mistaken that.
“I want you too,” I managed to breath out. His teeth nipped at the sensitive bud and I could feel myself tighten. Oh crap, any more foreplay and I could be done. I quickly tugged at his shirt and he pulled it off, exposing that golden chest. I smirked, winked at him, and heard his intake of breath right before I caught his nipple between my teeth. I tugged gently, heard his hiss and had to smile. Ah, turn around was such fair play. He shivered as I flicked my tongue across it, and moaned as I kissed down his stomach. His hands caught my upper arms and hauled me against his chest.
“Oh, no you don’t missy. I have a much better spot for you.” His hands held onto my waist as I straddled him. “I certainly like this.” He yanked my shirt up, exposing my chest once more to the cold air. I leaned down to kiss him, but a movement from the corner of my eye stopped me. I pulled back, stunned, forgetting that I was half naked.
“Howie, you told me you would be here.” I glanced down at Howie, shocked. He wanted us to be caught? He wanted to have a witness? And everything he said came rushing back to me. I didn’t think he honestly meant it, but hell, this was certainly proof indeed. “Theresa, you’re, um…” John trailed off and I realized that I was naked, although, not soon enough as I saw the other two girls come out onto the deck.
“Told you she was a hoe.”
“Yes you did Darlene. What a slut!” I grabbed my shirt, yanked it on and quickly got off of Howie. Inside, I wanted to cry. These next few days would be a living hell on this ship!
“Wait, Theresa…”
“Shut up. Don’t say anything to me! I can’t believe you D!”
“It’s not what you think!”
“Oh hell yes it is. You wanted the one thing that turned you on the most! You used me, those lines...” I started to shake and walked away from him, glancing between him, John, and the two girls, who currently looked like the cat that got the bird. I ran past them, never once letting the tears flow until I got past the doors and into the safety of my own room.

~*~ Let's make a movie baby/ Can we get away with it (Your so nasty)/ All lights on I like it when we do it to this song (Talk To Me) ~*~
Chapter 13 by ResaD
CHAPTER 13
“Yes, I understand that’s hard. Yes, I’m willing to pay for it. Thanks. I’ll have all the information ready. Yes, it will be on a credit card. Thank you.” I hung up my phone and tossed it down on the bed. Son of bitch! I was beyond tired and beyond sore. My body was still wired from last night, waiting for that release. And here it was, currently 8:02 am, and I was still waiting to really sleep more than half an hour, after climbing into bed a little after two. I sat down on the edge of the bed, running my hands over my face. Great, just really flippin’ great! Why the hell didn’t I listen to anyone? They all told me not to do it! Did I listen? No, that would have been way too easy. Not nearly as much fun, but I wouldn’t be in this mess right now. All the fans already knew what had happened between me and D last night, or rather, what was about to happen. I lost all respect from them, and for what, not even a good night of sex! And not to mention what the Doroughs thought of me. Like any other whore, I’m thinking. I flopped back on the bed, ignoring my cell phone that started ringing. I just really didn’t feel like talking to anyone right now. All I wanted, was to get off this boat at the next stop and go home. And for that, it was costing me an arm and a leg, which, I had every intention of billing Howie for it. Just how did I let things go beyond my control is, or was, beyond my realm of thinking. I thought I could trust him, but that little stunt last night proved I couldn’t. But, it also proved that I had fallen too far in love with him. And that was the bad point that I knew from the start. I felt my cell phone vibrate once more. I grabbed it, shaking my head at the caller ID. And he had the flippin’ nerve to call. I shut if off and a few minutes later, heard the pounding on the other side of the connecting door. Thank goodness I had the smarts to lock it last night. I finally rolled off the bed, figuring I had better start to pack if I was leaving in a mere hour. I grabbed the black dress, and tried to stop the tears. I shook my head, threw the dress on the back of the chair and finished packing.
“Don’t you answer?” I glanced at my open doorway and stared at Amber. “Housekeeping opened up when they heard it was life or death.” She walked in, closing the door behind her.
“G, I just don’t want to talk to anyone right now.”
“I figured, but I’m not just anyone, I’m you’re best friend.”
“What’s up?”
“D tried calling you, even pounded on your door. He called me and said he was worried and if I would check up on you.”
“As you can see, I’m fine.”
“Than why are you packing?”
“Because I’m leaving at the next port.” Her eyes opened wide as she stared at me. “Oh, he didn’t tell you what happened and you haven’t heard. Last night, Howie and I were exposed, if you will. And D planned it.”
“He wouldn’t do that, Tre. Howie cares for you, he wouldn’t hurt you.” I slammed my suitcase shut and glared at her.
“Do me a favor and please don’t sing his praises to me. I was the one who was there, I was the one who got sucked it, and than I was the one left looking like the whore. Not you, and certainly not him. So, please, really just shut up.”
“You’re really blowing this up, Resa.”
“Amber, just get out. I’m going home so please cover. I’ll start working on the site.”
“The guys won’t be happy.” I rolled my eyes and shrugged.
“That’s not my problem. I’m sorry to leave you with all the work, but I can’t stay here with people wanting to throw me overboard.”
“Fine, I’ll believe it’s that bad. And I’ll let everyone know you had to go home.”
“Thank you. Oh, please deliver the dress to Howie. I’ll leave it in the box with a note.” She nodded her head as she walked out the door. I sat down at the desk and grabbed a piece of paper.

D,
Keep the dress, it won’t do my any good. I’m not sure why you did what you did.
Maybe you were bored and I was just the best thing to entertain you. I’m not sure,
and to be honest, I don’t want to know. I’m hurt, ashamed, and yes, pissed off, but
at me, for trusting you. You can take this letter as my two week notice. Good-bye.
Theresa

I folded it up and set it on top of the dress. D wouldn’t like the fact that I was quitting. But I couldn’t be around him. That would be way too much heartache.

“Amber, have you seen Resa? We need to start heading out.” Amber turned to look at D, and than at John. Oh, she heard what was flying around and she was pissed. She didn’t feel that D had any intention of causing pain, but something was certainly staged.
“Theresa is gone.” D quickly turned to face Amber.
“She’s what?”
“Gone. Left to go back home this morning.”
“Why?” Both Amber and D turned to look at John. “Why are you two looking at me?”
“What happened last night?” D turned to quickly glance at Amber.
“What did she tell you?”
“That you staged whatever happened last night that way you could get your fix.”
“Damn it, I can’t believe she would buy that.”
“If you go to your room, she left the dress there with a note.”
“That dress was a gift.”
“Look, there are some major rumors flying around about her. I need to know everything D, after all, she’s my best friend and I’m not going to let people talk about her like that.” He sighed and glanced over at John.
“I’ll explain what I know, but he has to fill in the rest. John, let mom and Angie know that I’ll be out on the next boat. I need to go back to my room.”
“Howie, they’re gonna be mad.”
“I paid for all of the people damn it, they can wait for me.” John rolled his eyes and headed off the boat. “Okay, last night was not a good night.” Amber crossed her arms over her chest and just stared at D. “Look, I don’t need the attitude from you. I have enough of it from the problem woman, so, if you want me to explain, shut it up.”
“Fine, but I don’t need the smart ass remarks either.” D slide his card into the reader, opened the door, and quickly walked over to the box, scanning the note. He sat down on the bed, running his hand over his face. “Is it that bad?”
“She’s quitting. She just stated that this letter was her two week notice.”
“Howie, Theresa loves you. She wouldn’t quit for no reason.”
“I know she does Amber. And beyond what everyone thinks, I love her too! Yesterday afternoon, we talked and I might have said something that was hurtful, I didn’t mean it, and I’m not sure why I said it. The last thing I want to do is cause her pain. But, with that comment, it lead to a night of serious jealousy on both ends.”
“Yeah, I recall the outfits and the man. And the hoe you were with. And I do recall her saying something about you.”
“Dance with a woman someone doesn’t like and she’s a hoe, huh?” Amber smiled but shrugged. “Anyways, I found her up on the deck last night, almost assaulted by that jackass bartender. Luckily, I came at the right time. But, we got to talking and just being around her, well, my head stopped thinking and all I wanted was her. To kiss her, to touch her, to make love to her, just her! I couldn’t get it out of mind, and I knew if I didn’t have her than, there, there would have been major problems. What I forgot before I went up to find her, was that John needed to talk to me about something and I told him when he was done flirting with whatever chick he was with, that I would be up on the deck, talking to Resa. I never should have told him, or at least that I was talking to her.”
“Does John not like her?”
“As a friend, she’s great. As a worker, she’s even better. As a potential girlfriend, no, I don’t think he does. I don’t know why. But I know that he talked to her yesterday, told her that we shouldn’t be doing in front of all the fans that it needed to wait until we got off the boat. But, it’s my life, ya know.”
“True, it is. And you deserve the right to find happiness, but you have to remember Howie, these girls paid to see you. They go to bed at night dreaming about the chance of getting you alone, having their way with you and than you falling in love with them. When you bring a female into the picture, girls become she cats and the claws don’t retract. They would have tore Resa up had she stayed and we both know it.” He sighed and looked over at Amber, knowing the truth for what it was.
“What do I do?” Amber shrugged, not knowing any words that she could utter to help him out in this case.

~*~ [Nas] The pussy or the mouth, that is the question/ Like Shakespeare but my erection is the case here/ I ain't got time to drive you all the way home/ But instead I can slide you to a club bathroom or a restaurant men's room/ Then I can zoom in your womb/ We both get what we want/ Then we can assume/ We doin what we want Smokin that bud and chillin' ~*~
Chapter 14 by ResaD
CHAPTER 14
Two days later, I walked into the office. I figured it was a good time to start cleaning out all the stuff at the DLF office, seeing how everyone was still on the cruise. I sat down at my desk and stared at my computer. I had made so many promises with Amber to get everything together after the cruise and yet, I really had no idea where to start. And, if I was being honest with myself, I really wasn’t giving Howie two weeks. I shook my head, my eyes traveling over the pictures along my desk. There was plenty of my family, and quite a few of some of my best friends. And one or two of me with Howie. How did one go from being such good friends, to lovers, to enemies? Maybe it honestly wasn’t a good thing to be screwing around with friends. Everyone always say they make the best lovers, and the best boyfriends, but in this case, everyone was simply wrong. Granted, Howie was amazing in bed, latin lover was such a great nickname. But outside of that, he really didn’t treat me much better than my ex boyfriends. I grabbed the pictures and threw them in the trash. Those were not ones I held dear and certainly not ones I wanted to keep. I took a deep breath, realizing that I just wasn’t ready to clean this stuff out yet. I got up and made my way into Howie’s office. I sniffed, still smelling the faint cologne that lingered. Damn it all to hell! I really, truly, hated that stupid little latin man! How dare he do this crap to me! I turned, just about ready to walk back out the door when I saw his calendar with my name. I walked over to it; seeing the dates marked off for the cruise, but my name with xoxo under those same dates. It wasn’t possible that he had planned all of that! I mean, the last night, yeah, that was planned, but everything else just felt so, natural. But, than again, this was the same Howie who had been a Backstreet Boy for damn near forever and really knew how to charm the women. And I played right into that hand. Well, screw him, cause it was not happening again! With that, I walked out of his office, slamming the door behind me.

~*~ [Nas] But first I gotta nut before anything you willin/ You wit it, its animal behavior/ La chic, la freak out, with the sexy beast ma who slays ya/ This is for the major who love the natural love makein outdoors/ On the hood of your car/ Nas is good at it all when it comes to gettin it raw/ Do I have to convince ya naw/ We don't need hotel key ~*~

“Hello?”
“It’s great to hear your voice!”
“Amber, I’ve missed you.”
“I can tell, you haven’t answered your phone.”
“I haven’t been home, to be honest.”
“Mmhmm. Anyways, will you be able to pick me up at the dock?”
“Oh, not now. I’m sorry, I have an interview. Can’t one of the Doroughs give you a ride?”
“Well, about that, I’m sort of the last person they probably wanna deal with?” I paused as I opened my car door. Amber was friends with anyone. It hardly ever happened that she pissed people off.
“Amber, do I wanna hear this story?”
“Probably not.” I glanced down at my watch, seeing how I had only thirty minutes to get to the other side of town. But, I wasn’t a heartless bitch and I could not leave my friend alone. I sighed, knowing I just lost a damn good job.
“I’ll be there in twenty, just, make sure no one is around?”
“I’ll try, but you know I can’t make promises.”
“Yeah, yeah, see ya in a few.” With that, I slapped my phone shut, tossed it in the middle console and quickly tore off to the dock.

Fifteen minutes later, I saw her and ran to give her a huge hug. She giggled, and talked about the last couple of days, but I had zoned her out. Don’t get me wrong, I was beyond curious about what happened, but I was not ready to deal with all of the Doroughs or hear stories for that matter.
“Are you listening to me?” I put the car in drive and quickly glanced over at Amber.
“Of course.”
“Really now, what did I just get done telling you?” I thought it over for a few seconds, and smiled.
“The fact that you ran out of film.”
“Lucky guess, but I know you weren’t listening because you mumbled something after I said that Howie jumped over and was eatin’ by sharks.”
“Well, to be honest, that is a good thing.” She crossed her arms over her chest and tilted her head to the side.
“Do you not care about his side?”
“No, Amber! All you can tell me is that he’s sorry for being the jackass, that he never meant for it to happen, that he cares too much for me to be hurting and that he does not want me to quit, does that sum it up?”
“Okay, yes it does, but it’s all true!”
“Do you know I’ve heard that same song and dance from him before? Yeah, don’t look shocked, it’s what he does! It’s what he says! After being in the spot light for so long, Howie will not change. But, it’s not all on him, I’m mad at myself. Against all common sense, I told myself to stay away, that I didn’t want my heart broken, and look, I jumped into this mess with both feet and with both eyes wide open.”
“Who did he say those things to?”
“Oh, about three of his ex’s, when he hurt them. All except for the quitting part, but this was a slightly different deal.”
“I don’t remember.”
“No offense dearie, I was a lot closer to Howie than you were. You were always drooling over his best friend.”
“Oh, thank you for reminding me that I need to call him!” With that, she dug out her cell phone and quickly dialed his number. I gagged as they started talking. Just a little too mushy for me and the state that I was currently in. And damn it all to hell, she got me thinking and talking about Howie again! I glanced at her and sent a glare her way, which caused her to do a double take. She shrugged, not understanding what that glare was for, but oh well, it made me feel just a tad bit better.

“You have to be there!” I glanced at my friend and shook my head.
“I don’t want to go to AJ’s party because we both know who’s going to be there!”
“Oh, for crying out loud it’s been three days already, suck it up! Move on, damn it!” I turned around and stared at her.
“Well, what the hell crawled up your ass and died?”
“I want you to go. Out side of Alex, I’m not really close to anyone, and once the rest of the guys show up, I’m alone. I need you there, please?” I rolled my eyes, knowing that I couldn’t say no, but knowing as well, that this was a really bad idea. Something deep inside told me I was not going to like how this was gonna turn out. Hell, I had that same feeling with Howie and look how wonderful that turned out to be.
“You owe me!” She beamed and gave me a hug. “Give me half an hour to get ready.” With that, I made my way up the stairs and to my room, dreading this afternoon.

~*~ [Nas] We jump in the truck and stain everything up/ Slide your g-string up ~*~
Chapter 15 by ResaD
CHAPTER 15
I walked into his house, feeling so exposed. When I was done with my shower I had walked into my bedroom and found an outfit on my bed. I had to stare at it because I could not believe that she would do that to me. But, it put aside all doubts, for I knew now that she was up to something. Once more, I ran my fingers down my unbelievably black short skirt and my other hand covered up the purple tank top that wanted to spill my breasts. Where I had gotten this outfit, I’m not sure. In fact, I could pretty much bet these were Amber’s clothes.
“Stop, you look fine.”
“I saw Howie’s car already.”
“You knew he was gonna be here.” I stopped in my tracks as I stared at the man across the yard, with some bimbo on his arm.
“But not with someone else.”
“Theresa, it means nothing.” I glanced at her, and quickly glanced to the door, figuring if I started running, she wouldn’t stop me and no one would see me.
“Theresa!” I cringed as AJ saw me and yelled across the lawn, causing all eyes to turn to Amber and I. I quickly scanned the crowd, seeing a pair of brown eyes that held shock written in their depths.
“Alex,” I said as I walked over to give him a hug. “Thanks for inviting me.”
“Pleasure was all mine to see the look in his eyes.”
“You knew?”
“Duh! Why do you think I made Amber get you?” I glanced from her to him and shook my head.
“I hang out with deviant people. Why me?” They both shared a laugh at my expense.
“Didn’t think I would see you.” I bit my lip and turned around, smiling at Howie.
“I still have to come pick up my paycheck.”
“It was wrong to leave Amber.”
“It was wrong of you to pull that stupid ass stunt that you did, but you don’t see my complaining, now do you? It happened, let’s just let it go, hmm?”
“Will I ever get your trust back?”
“Mmm, doubtful.”
“Than that’s not letting it go.”
“I would love to stay and argue with you some more Dorough, but you’re pushing the wrong buttons right now!” With that, I turned on my heel, not wanting to meet the bitch currently on his arm. Not that I needed to, it was the hoe from the club that one special night. Ugh, sometimes I just did not understand what the hell he did or why the hell he did it. Was that to get back at me? By the surprise in his eyes, he wasn’t even aware that I was coming. Or maybe he was hoping I would. Not that it mattered. I was over D. There would be no relationship, not after the stupid ass stunt that he pulled. I stop walking as I felt someone grab my arm.
“You need to stop by and pick up your check.”
“Don’t worry about that Howie, I’ll be by.”
“It won’t wait.” I turned around and glared at him.
“I know the drill. Thanks.” With that, I yanked my arm out of his grasp and made my way back out the front door. No way in hell was I staying there! I couldn’t, not with that idiot around!

~*~ Let's get it on in public/ Just let it go/ I promise that you'll love it/ Oh daddy don't you wanna be my subject/ Ooh let's get it on in public Ooh ~*~

I stopped at my car, hearing her voice calling my name. Damn it, I had told Amber I would stay and here I was, planning on leaving her. I could just avoid Howie; it wasn’t really all that hard.
“You’re not leaving.”
“You saw that exchange.”
“Yes I did. Theresa, you told me you would stay, and yet you’re leaving because Howie made a stupid ass comment?” I sighed and crossed my arms over my chest. “Don’t let him ruin our fun, please?”
“It’s not our fun, it’s your fun. I’m doing this for you, and you know that.”
“I know, believe me, it won’t be that bad though, really. Come on, I’ll make you a drink.” I smiled as she tugged on arm. Okay, so, she won me over with alcohol. But I wasn’t about to say no. Amber knew how to make the drinks, and it was rare when she did make them. “Go sit outside, and I’ll be out there shortly.” I rolled my eyes and made my way back outside, sitting at the table. Again, that nagging feeling kept telling me this was so wrong, but I really couldn’t do much. I guess I was gonna have to take the punches when they came.

Three hours later, I was laughing at something that Nick was saying. We were all inside, and yeah, I was pretty damn good at being tipsy, but it was great. I had managed to avoid Howie, although, he wasn’t happy with that. He tried catching my eye on quite a few occasions, but I refused to even glance in his direction. Okay, that was a lie; I glared at the bimbo on his arm who just couldn’t stop drooling over the rest of the guys. Hmm, wondered if Howie realized the kind of hoe he brought. Oh well, wasn’t my concern. I tried to get off the couch; laughed as I couldn’t quite stand up and fell right back down again. Howie offered out his hand, and without thought, I took it. He yanked my arm, sending me straight against his chest.
“It’s nice having you like this,” he whispered, loud enough for only me to hear. I smiled, pretending like that comment was nothing more than something random.
“Thanks,” I said, disentangling myself from him. Oh, he was not going to get in compromising positions this time around. I just was not going to let him. With that firm thought echoing through my mind, I made my way to the kitchen, setting the glass in the sink and grabbing a bottle of water. I glanced outside, seeing the trees sway with the gentle breeze coming in from the ocean.
“Nice, isn’t it?” I sighed, finally knowing that Howie was just not going to leave me alone, no matter how hard I tried to avoid him.
“Yes. It’s been pretty nice, not too humid at all.” I felt his hand on the small of my back and turned to glance at him. “Can I help you?”
“Want to go outside?”
“For what D?”
“To enjoy this wonderful weather.” He opened the sliding doors and ushered me outside. Oh, nice breeze, no light, yeah, what was that about positions? “I just want to enjoy your company.”
“I doubt that.” I turned my eyes to him and regretted the instant that I did. His eyes held mine, a hunger burning in their depths, one I know was echoing in mine. His hands cupped my cheeks, his lips brushed mine and that was my undoing. I snaked my arms around his waist, sliding my fingers up underneath his shirt, capturing his moans with my tongue. I felt his fingers fumble with part of my shirt, easing down a part of it to allow the breast to pop out. His fingers captured the nipple, twisting it, causing me to shudder at the sheer sensations screaming through my body. My mind was screaming at me to stop it, yet my body had been craving his sweet touch. His lips trailed along my jaw to my neck, finding that sweet spot, nipping at it, running his tongue along it, making me moan.
“Woohoo, D does have that charm!” With that, my body got slammed back down to earth, and with it, the realization that I let him do it to me once again. I glanced behind me, seeing Nick with that shit eating grin and turned to Howie. I yanked my shirt up, and before he could utter a word, I swung my hand out and slapped him.
“Leave me alone!” I turned on my heel, pushing Nick as I walked through the doors and out to my car, feeling my cheeks on fire. That was one of the most embarrassing moments, and than to put a show on for the rest of the guys. Was I any better than the woman on D’s arm? I got into my car, feeling the tears fall. How utterly stupid I was, again!

~*~ Let's get it on in public/ Just let it go/ I promise that you'll love it/ Oh daddy don't you wanna be my subject/ Ooh let's get it on in public Ooh ~*~
Chapter 16 by ResaD
CHAPTER 16
I stepped out of the elevator, glancing around for the last time. Did I want to see Howie? That was a big fat NO! But, he was my boss, signer of my cheeks, which it was pay day. I took a deep breath and pulled open the doors to the DLF office. I saw Amber and smiled. She tried telling me that D didn’t set the scene up at her house, but I couldn’t buy that. Like the first time, it was just too perfect not to be planned. She waved me over to her desk.
“What’s up?”
“Just wanted to get your input before I saved the files.” I glanced at her.
“I don’t work here.”
“Come on, you’re the other half of this creative web site and you know it. I’m gonna be lost with you.”
“Hahah, ain’t you funny? Fine, I’ll do a quick glance at it.”
“Great, you can sit here; I gotta run to the little girls room.” I took her seat, rolled it up to the desk and checked over the website, which was all about the cruise. She set it day by day, picture by picture, and quotes from all of DLF. I hadn’t even known she had taken all of these pictures. A few minutes later, she stepped up behind me.
“So, what do you think?”
“I think it’s great, G. You really don’t need me.”
“That’s a huge whatever.” I stood up and gave her seat back to her.
“D in yet?”
“Um, honestly, don’t know. I know John is.”
“Thanks.” I made my way over to John’s office and knocked on the open door. He glanced up from the paperwork and smiled. “Hey there. Just wanted to know if D was in.”
“Um, haven’t seen him yet. Wanna sit though?” I gave him a strange look but pulled the seat out and sat. He walked over to the door and closed it. I frowned, for this was personal if he didn’t want other people to over here.
“What’s up John?”
“I wanted to talk to you, if you don’t mind.”
“Not at all. What about?”
“The cruise.” I cringed, not really wanting to hash out anything from that point in time.
“I would feel better if you didn’t.” He sat down on the edge of the desk and looked at me.
“I know you would, but I wouldn’t. I told you something that maybe I shouldn’t have.”
“Like seeing Howie?”
“Yes. That was wrong of me. I, well, didn’t quite approve of you dating my little brother, for lots of reasons.”
“Like?”
“One, you worked here, and I don’t like business relationships.”
“You don’t like?”
“Two, I didn’t think it was the right time, being on the boat and all.”
“Just great.”
“And three, as horrible as it sounds, I thought he could have done better.” That got me jumping out of my seat. I had known Howie and John for quite a while, why would he think that? He saw the anger, but he saw the hurt and sighed. “There is no easy way to say this, Theresa. I think you’re one hell of a worker, an awesome friend, I just didn’t see you…”
“I get it. Because I’m not a size two model looking person, you didn’t think I would fit in his world.”
“Something like that.”
“You’re saying this in the past tense. John, there is no D and Resa.”
“Which brings me to the next point that I’m not so thrilled about it.”
“Why do I really get the feeling I’m not liking this next part any more than I liked the first part?”
“That night on the boat, Howie didn’t stage anything.” With that, I crossed my arms over my chest, not buying it. “I know you think he did, but he didn’t. I was supposed to meet him on the deck, all that was true. But, I was so against you seeing him, even more so while on the boat, I brought the girls up there to see you. They just got more than they bargained for. I was hoping they would just start some stupid little ass rumors to get you two to stop, but it backfired.”
“Your damn right it did. I don’t get why you would do that!”
“Call it stupidity if you want! Just don’t blame Howie. The last few days of the cruise, he was miserable without you. And he actually chewed out those girls and banned them from anymore DLF events because of what they were saying. That’s when it dawned on me that my little brother had…”
“Had what?” Both John and I turned to glance at Howie. Neither one of us was aware that he had knocked three times before opening the door. He had stood there, listening to all his brother said, not quite believing that his own brother would set him up just to stop him from seeing Theresa.
“Had fallen in love.” I turned from Howie to John, than back to Howie. I just couldn’t believe this. Yet, that still didn’t make up for what happened at AJ’s house.
“I want my check please.” How I managed to get that out, I don’t know. Howie nodded and made his way to his office. “As for you, John, did it cross your mind that you’re an asshole?”
“What you two were doing wasn’t right.”
“For whom? We are adults, thank you very much.” I shook my head and walked to his door. “You can’t control everyone’s life.”
“Everyone told you to stop.”
“No, everyone told us to keep it behind close doors. They could have cared less if we hooked up. Not everyone is as superficial as you are.” With that, I closed the door behind me and made my way to D’s office.
“You’re check is on the desk.” I walked over to it and slipped it inside my purse, glancing over at Howie’s back. I wanted to talk to him, wanted to say something, anything. Why the hell was I feeling like that for? It wasn’t me who caused all the stupid ass stunts. Although, it was me who refused to listen to the poor man and his side of the story. I took a deep, shuddering breath.
“Thank you.” On that note, I walked out of his office. I stopped by my desk and gathered the last of my photos. “I’ll check ya later G.”
“Wait.” I turned around, seeing Howie fly out of his office and stopping right in front of me. “Don’t leave.”
“I have to D.”
“No, you don’t. I love you Theresa. I don’t know when it happened, how it happened, I just know it did. You are the only one I want in my life. Those couple of days on the boat were truly the best.”
“And what about AJ’s house?”
“With Nick? I didn’t set Nick up to that. You just really got to meet the guys, but when you get to know them, you’ll see Nick is just one who can be nice, or he can be a dick. That was him being a dick. Granted, I got a little carried away, but I had missed you so much and that kiss just heated me to the core.” I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my lips against his, not giving a rats ass who saw us or what they had to say at that moment. That took him by surprise, but only for a second, for his arms wrapped my waist. Moments later we pulled away, smiling at each other as everyone hollered and clapped. “Will this always work?”
“What do you mean?”
“Will you always get hot and bothered in public?”

~*~ In Public by Kelis
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9576