Unspecting Sunday Afternoon by ResaD
Summary: Welcome to the love...square? Four lives entwined all by love! Yes, it's a love square! Theresa has fallen in love with Brian, but she can't date Brian because of her current boyfriend, AJ. But AJ is dating another man, but no one knows. But, is it a true relationship, or just for show?

**Just to give you a heads up,even though it says Slash, there really is no graphic parts. It's more just putting the thought out there than really showing anything going on.** ________________________________________________________
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Other
Genres: Drama, Romance
Warnings: Slash M/M
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: Yes Word count: 11731 Read: 10199 Published: 02/11/09 Updated: 02/11/09

1. Chapter 1 by ResaD

2. Chapter 2 by ResaD

3. Chapter 3 by ResaD

4. Chapter 4 by ResaD

5. Chapter 5 by ResaD

6. Chapter 6 by ResaD

7. Chapter 7 by ResaD

8. Chapter 8 by ResaD

9. Chapter 9 by ResaD

10. Chapter 10 by ResaD

11. Chapter 11 by ResaD

Chapter 1 by ResaD
Unsuspecting Sunday Afternoon
By Resa Dorough

CHAPTER 1
“I can’t believe you did that man.” Blue eyes turned to stare at brown eyes. “There are 30,000 people in that crowd and you pull a stunt like that?”
“Really, everyone thought it was a joke. Thought you would have gotten a kick out of it.” I glanced between the two men and rolled my eyes.
“Resa, would you please explain to blondie over here that it was not funny and it could have caused a whole lot of shit!” I glanced at Alex, my boyfriend, than to Nick, his boyfriend and shook my head.
“Sorry, boys, this is between you, so play nice.” Alex glared at me and I shrugged my shoulders and threw him a smile.
“Thought you were supposed to be on my side.”
“Whatever made you think that?”
“You’re my girlfriend.” I busted out laughing at that and laughed even harder when I saw the expression on Nick’s face.
“You two are too much. You all have two minutes to settle this spat because the rest of the group will be walking in here and I would think you wouldn’t want them to see you making up.”
“I’m not making up with Nick. This stunt he pulled tonight could have ruined everything!”
“Please! I saw you Alex. Yes, it was dangerous, and yes it probably put tons of questions in people’s minds, but you liked it. The proof showed itself quite nicely!” Alex turned three shades of red while Nick was loving every second of it. “Now kiss and make up.” With that, I leapt off the couch and walked towards the door, right before I saw them embrace. I closed the door tightly behind me and had to sigh. Talk about one mixed up love affair.
“You look tired.” I glanced up and melted. Damn, did that man know he was good looking? Hell, did that man know that every female who was alive and living on the planet wanted to sleep with him?
“I am Brian.”
“What’s takin’ AJ so long?”
“Please, you know the man. Has to calm down before he can do anything else.” Brian laughed and slipped his arm over my shoulders.
“Are you two doing anything later on tonight?”
“It’s up to him. To be honest, I’m more than ready to crawl into bed and just sleep! This tour is just kicking my butt.”
“And the sad part, the tour just begun.” I shrugged my shoulders, but he wouldn’t understand just what kept me tired. Maybe it was the fact that I was living a lie, a rather huge lie and to add to that, I was trying to hide my true love from another person. Yeah, it sure wasn’t easy on me, but that’s what friends are for.
“Maybe I should tell Alex that he can’t keep you up to all hours of the night, huh?” I laughed at that, for he truly had no idea. My heart belonged to the man I was talking to, but I was currently dating AJ McLean, who was currently dating Nick Carter. Talk about confusing. I was getting used to keep up an image, but no one, other than the three of us involved, actually new the truth. In public, Alex and I were very much a couple, minus all the kissy stuff, after all, I had my limits. Nick was single, and chose to stay that way, which made things a lot easier.
“It’s not him. I’ve just had trouble sleeping.”
“Oh, that I can understand. The next time you’re up, let me know. I stay up rather late.”
“How come?”
“Eh, it’s hard to explain.” We both stopped talking as the door to AJ’s room opened up and Nick and AJ both walked out. I closed my eyes, hoping that Brian did not make a comment. “Everything okay?”
“Yeah, Nick had a problem, so he needed someone cooler to talk to.” AJ walked over to me and slipped his hand into mine. “Ready to go hon?” I quickly glanced at Nick and had to chuckle to myself. It pissed Nick off that Alex and him couldn’t be open, but he understand why. But, he certainly did not like the affection I got or the cute little pet names. To be honest, I didn’t either, but AJ had been one of my best friends since we were both babies and I would do anything for him. I smiled at Nick, than at Brian.
“Ready when you are babe.”
“Well, are you really tired?” I rose my eyebrow at that. He smiled and nodded his head to the last closed door. “Howie and Nick were talking about hitting up a club, so, I was wondering if you wanted to go?” His eyes were so very hopeful, but I was so very tired. I smiled at him.
“If you wanna go, go. I need sleep though, so I’ll head back to the hotel while you boys have fun.” He bent down and kissed my cheek.
“You’re the greatest. Love you. Come on Nick, let’s go beat down D’s door.” With that, they took off and I sighed.
“You’re way too good for him.” I only smiled at Brian. “Want me to go back with you?”
“Not unless you wanna go to the club?”
“No, not really. Tonight, I just wanna veg in my room.”
“Sweet, wonderful Brian can not be all alone. Want some company?”
“As long as Jay won’t mind.” I glanced over at him and had to stop myself from laughing. Hell, me being with Brian was the last thing in his mind.
“Nah, I know he’ll be okay.”

“Tell me something Resa.”
“What’s that Bri?”
“How did you and AJ finally get hooked up?”
“Well, you’ve known we’ve been friends forever. And, just one day, I guess we saw each other in a new light and realized we were made for each other.”
“But you two have been dating for so long, why not get married?” I chocked on the soda I was drinking and Brian frowned. “You okay?”
“Wrong pipe,” I squeaked out. I coughed a little bit, took another sip and smiled. “AJ is so busy right now, with you guys and touring, I wouldn’t want to be tied to that yet. When things settle down some, we’ll talk about marriage.”
“And what if you get away in the future?”
“Please, AJ so believes that won’t happen.”
“And you?” I just shrugged. Sure, I knew it was bound to happen, but I had to wait until they were out of the spotlight, which, who the hell knew when that was happening. I mean, AJ and Nick couldn’t tell their closest friends they were dating, how the hell were they gonna tell the world? “That’s not an answer.”
“Why are you so concerned, if you don’t mind my asking?”
“Because you and AJ seem more like friends, than a couple. With Alex’s exes, well, the proof was usually all over him that he was in a relationship.”
“And now?”
“Well, now, you guys barely kiss in front of people or cuddle or anything.”
“To be honest, I’m just not an open affection type of person. Certain things are meant to stay in the bedroom, and I’ve always felt that was one of them.” A true enough of answer, to some degree, I suppose.
“Oh, I was just worried that you were unhappy, that maybe you were seeking, I don’t, an escape I guess.” Damn, talk about pegging a situation. Yes, I wanted out and yes, I was very unhappy, hell, why shouldn’t I be? Alex had his relationship, Nick had his relationship, and I was stuck, loving someone else!
“Don’t worry Brian, I’m fine.” I leaned over and kissed his cheek. “Sides, if Alex pisses me off, or hurts me, I know you’ll beat him up for me.” He nodded his head at that comment.
“Ready to watch a movie?”
“Sure, what we watchin’?”
“Something scary.”
“What is it with you men and scary flicks?”
“Cuddle closer if you get scared, I’ll protect you.” Oh, what an image did that portray in my mind!
Chapter 2 by ResaD
CHAPTER 2
I slipped quietly into the room, shutting the door behind me. I leaned back against it, and sighed. Tonight, with Brian, had been great. We watched the movie, he held me as I pressed my face into his shoulder and as I had glanced up, I saw something shimmer in those wonderful eyes, but it quickly disappeared. Even still, it hadn’t ruined the evening. We had watched another movie, and half way through that, we fell asleep, me resting against his chest and it was…pure bliss. It was him who woke us up and he offered me the bed while he slept on the couch, but I told him that it was best if I headed to my room. Hell and damnation, I could have done a lot of things tonight, and that was not a good thing. I sighed once more and glanced up as the bed room door opened.
“Hey there.” I smiled at Nick.
“Late night, I’m guessing?” Nick shrugged, but blushed all the same.
“You’re out sorta late.”
“Are you my keeper?”
“Well, no.”
“I feel asleep in Brian’s room. We were watching a movie and I guess it was just a long day.”
“Nothing happened?” I rolled my eyes and pushed away from the wall.
“Don’t worry Carter. I’ve protected your asses for the last year and a half, it won’t all of a sudden change. I still feel you should tell your boys though.”
“Come on Resa. You know what they’ll say.” I raised an eyebrow at that. I honestly felt that Nick nor AJ gave the rest of the guys much credit. Yeah, they would be stunned, but they would accept it. If they didn’t, they weren’t true friends.
“Well, it’s on you two, not me.” Nick pressed his lips against my cheek.
“You truly are an amazing friend.”
“Yeah, I know. Sweet dreams Carter.” He smiled and quietly slipped out of the room. I tossed my stuff on the couch and quietly made my way into the room to grab my pjs.
“Resa?”
“Go back to sleep Alex.”
“Where were you?” He sat up in bed and the sheet fell down to his waist. I gazed at the chest and had to laugh. Yeah, he was sexy, with a big S, and it was such a shame that he was not mine.
“I was at Brian’s.” He quickly jumped out of bed and I was happy to see he at least had his boxers on. He stopped right in front of me.
“You’re kidding.”
“Goodness, you and Nick think the same. Nothing happened. We watched a movie, we feel asleep. Damn, do you think I would hurt you?”
“No, but I know how you feel about him.”
“I can’t help it, I don’t get a relationship like the two of you!” Alex sat down on the bed and ran his fingers through his hair. He glanced up at me and tugged on my hand, pulling me down to sit on his lap.
“I’m sorry Resa, you know I am. I know you love Brian, and here I am, putting you in this position.”
“AJ, you are my best friend. You know I would do anything for you, like you’ve done for me.”
“I know, but you’re not happy, and you’re giving it up for me. That’s a lot to ask, even if I have saved your ass once or twice.” I rolled my eyes and had to smile. Yeah, he did, and there were just some occurrences though, that did not need to get mentioned. I kissed his cheek and smiled.
“Go back to sleep. It’s an early day tomorrow and you’ve been up half the night.”
“Join me?” I leaned back and looked at the bed, than looked at him. I made a face and shook my head.
“No thanks. I know what when on in this bed. I’ll take the couch.” He laughed and kissed my cheek, before I got off his lap and headed into the bathroom to get ready for bed.

I stared at my laptop, so completely wrapped up in my own world. Lately, I was thinking more and more of Brian, which, was putting me on very unsteady ground. I mean, after all, to everyone else, this was not a man that I was supposed to be liking. I heard a quick knock and realized that AJ wasn’t here. I set the laptop aside and opened the door, surprised to find D there.
“Hey there.”
“Hey.”
“Alex isn’t here.”
“I know. May I come in?” I stepped aside and let him into the hotel room.
“What’s up, D?” I plopped back down on the couch and sat Indian style.
“Do you love Alex?”
“Of course I do.” Hey, I wasn’t lying. I truly did, he was one of my best friends.
“Than why are you into Brian?”
“Pardon?”
“I’ve watched how you act around Brian. I’m just curious why you feel you have to watch Brian’s every move if you’re in love with your boyfriend.” Yikes, damn good point with no damn good comeback. I sighed and closed my eyes. Shit, talk about being put in a bind. Now, just what the hell was I supposed to say? And leave it to Alex to be gone.
“I don’t watch his every move.”
“Right.”
“Why are you watching me to begin with?”
“To be honest?”
“Would be nice D.”
“I’ve watched Alex been in and out of relationships quite a few times. This relationship with you is a lot different than his past ones.”
“Isn’t that a good thing, since he’s other relationships didn’t last?”
“Yes. I suppose it is. I’ve just seen Alex get his heart broken too many times. I don’t want to see it get broken by one of his best friends.” Ha, if they only knew the truth behind that statement.
“I’m telling you the whole truth with my whole heart. If anyone breaks anyone’s heart, it will not be me breaking his.”
“I have your promise?”
“Cross my heart and hope to die.” Howie nodded his head and stood up to go. At the door, he turned around glanced at me.
“I saw Nick and Alex leave, do you know where they went?”
“Couldn’t tell you. I was working on something and didn’t even know he was gone, to be honest. Do you find that odd?”
“I guess I shouldn’t, since they are close friends. They just seem to spend a lot of time together.”
“Howie, are you trying to imply something?”
“Of course not. Just stating a fact.” I closed the laptop and turned to him.
“A fact huh? It certainly sounds like to me, you’re fishing for information. Although, I can’t see why you would. Certainly have no idea what could be going through that little mind of yours.”
“Nothing, actually.” With that, he opened the door, right as Alex was about ready to slid in his card.
“Hey D.”
“Hi Age.” Alex slipped into the room and walked into the bedroom. “Not even a kiss?”
“Damn it, if you must know, we sorta got into it, happy? Damn, some things just don’t stay private, even on the road.”
“Sorry. I do need to talk to him. When he gets a chance, will you let him know that?”
“Of course Howie.” Howie nodded and slipped out of the room. I got off the couch and walked into the bedroom, watching AJ take off his shirt. “What’s wrong?” He jumped and quickly turned around.
“What do you mean?”
“You didn’t even say hi to me when you walked in today.”
“And?”
“What’s wrong?”
“Nothing!”
“Alex, I’ve been your friend forever, you think I don’t know when something is wrong?”
“Look, it’s none of your business, okay?”
“Alexander…”
”Shut up already and mind your own business! Damn, not everything in my life concerns you, you know! Who the hell do you think you are if that’s the case?” With that, he grabbed his clean shirt and made his way into the bathroom. I sat down on the bed and stared at the closed door. Well, something did happen, but he wasn’t spilling, and I’m almost positive Nick wouldn’t tell. I sighed and made my way back to the couch and my laptop. These two men were adults, I really didn’t need to supervise they’re love lives anymore. If they were fighting, that was on them, certainly not on me!
Chapter 3 by ResaD
CHAPTER 3
I stood backstage and watched these two men. At all costs, they avoided each other. There was a set where they were supposed to do something and neither did it, causing all four guys to be off beat and screw up the whole show. I shook my head in disbelief, not understanding what the hell was going on. I felt my cell phone vibrate and glanced at the caller id and I had to laugh to myself.
“Long time no talk.”
“Wanna explain what the hell is going on?”
“How do you know?”
“Because I’m sitting in the second row, watching the whole damn show. Nick and Age are both royally messing up.” I pulled the curtain aside slightly and saw the man wave to me.
“Look, they got a few seconds break, come back stage. It will be great to see you.”
“Will do. Do you need to let security know?”
“These guys are the same since you were here. If they don’t remember you Richardson, we got some serious problems.” With that, I hung up the phone and waited for the break to come up. Two minutes later, I felt some arms slid around my waist and lifted me up. “Kevin, put me down!”
“It’s great to see you. It’s been forever.”
“It has. Has the wife?”
“Doing great. How’s the relationship?” I shrugged but beamed. Of course I wasn’t going to lie. Kevin, for some unknown reason, was the one person I could not lie to and get away with it. I believed his eyes saw way too much for anyone’s good. Which, surprised me that he never caught on to Age or Nick. Or, if he did, he never said anything to me, or the guys. “I saw the schedule. The guys are going to be in LA for three days, right?”
“Yeah. They need a breather, so they thought the beach would help some.”
“Great. Listen, I need to talk to you, whenever you get a chance.”
“Like now?”
“Oh, no, not now. I do recall there was always ears around.”
“Of course, Kev. You’re like my big brother.” He squeezed my shoulders once more.
“Good, good. Listen, they got food?” I laughed and smacked his stomach. “What, I’m a growing man?”
“Doesn’t your wife feed you?”
“She does. I still need more food.” I rolled my eyes and took him to the main room.
“Here, eat to your hearts content.”
“You’re gonna leave me?”
“The guys are gonna be off soon and AJ gets a little annoyed if I’m not there waiting.”
“I wouldn’t know why.”
“He doesn’t want me to cheat on him.”
“Of course not. Not like it would matter.” I raised my eyebrow in question, but didn’t have time to ask him anything as I heard the announcement that the show was over.
“I’ll be right back. Stay here.” Kevin nodded his head, already eyeing all the food. I ran to catch up to the guys. “Hey there. Kevin is here, eating away.”
“Great.”
“Whatever.” I glanced from Nick to AJ and than at the rest of the guys. The other two shrugged and made their way into the dressing rooms. I saw AJ slam his door and heard the distinct click of the lock. I let out a breath and walked over to Nick’s door. I gently knocked and heard the mumbled ‘come in’.
“Hey there, blondie.”
“Great. What the hell do you want?”
“To talk.”
“Well, get the hell out because you’re one of the last people I want to talk to.”
“Nick, that’s a little harsh when I haven’t done anything.”
“I said, OUT!” I stared at him for a second more. I turned on my heel and slammed the door behind me. I stared at his closed door and shook my head, not really understanding where that came from or what the hell I had done. I made my way to AJ’s door and knocked, hoping he was ready to talk. He opened the door and stared at me.
“What?”
“I think I deserve the right to know just what is going on here.”
“It doesn’t concern you.”
“Well, it must since Nick just yelled at me.” AJ’s eyes flew to the door across from his and sighed.
“It doesn’t.”
“Well, fine, can I come in since I don’t have any place to chill?”
“No.” And with that, AJ turned around and closed the door, once more locking it. I stood, staring at it, once more flabbergasted. Just what in the world was going on?
“Wanna come in here?” I turned to Brian and smiled.
“Thanks.” He nodded his head and held the door open for me.
“Any clue what’s going on with those two?”
“None. Neither one wants to talk to me. And I haven’t done anything.” I sat down on the couch and Brian sat down next to me.
“Ya know, this isn’t their first fight. Sometimes, Alex and Nick are a lot alike.”
“I know Brian, but they’ve never screwed up a show like they did tonight. Yeah, the fans didn’t mind, but I know you guys, and I know you weren’t happy not giving all of those screaming girls 100 percent. Hell, Kevin even wanted to know what was going on.”
“Listen to me, it wasn’t your fault. You can’t solve all the problems. They’re adults. If they have issues, they need to work it out themselves. We get a break for a few days and if they want to play this game some more and screw up another show, than we will sit down and talk it through.”
“I know Brian. I just…I hate it, it bites. Everyone gets pissed off and I feel like everyone thinks I’m the cause of it.”
“Oh, girlie, I don’t think that. I know those two, I know how they get.” I leaned over and gave him a hug.
“Thanks Bri. I’m glad someone trusts me, enough to talk to me.”
“Always.” He kissed my cheek and I closed my eyes. Damn, how I wished for more. I pulled away slightly and he smiled at me. His hand caressed my cheek and I got lost in those eyes. His head bent forward and his lips softly brushed mine and I sighed deep within. Damn, that simple kiss sure felt good deep down. I moved closer to him and pressed my lips against his, wrapping my arms tighter around his neck. Oh, did he feel so right against me.
“Ahem, hope I wasn’t intruding.” I pulled away and glanced at Kevin. Damn it, I could have blown the cover.
“No. I was comforting her.”
“Right. I want to hit up a club, and everyone is going. So, let’s go.”
“Coz, where’s the wife?”
“At home, sick. She knows, I already talked to her.”
“Fine, fine. Go get the guys, and we’ll go.”
Chapter 4 by ResaD
CHAPTER 4
“Wanna dance?” I glanced up at Kevin and nodded, sliding my hand into his. “Things seem really tense.”
“They are Kev, and I have no idea what to do or what’s going on. I just, I don’t know.”
“I thought coming out here would let everyone get loose, ya know?”
“I know, and I can’t fault ya for it. I’m determined to make the best of it, though.” I beamed up at him and he smiled back.
“Thanks, at least for that.” A slow song came on, but he stopped moving. I glanced around Kevin and saw Alex standing there.
“Mind if I cut in?”
“Not at all, man. Enjoy.” With that, Alex took his spot and I watched my ally walk away. I placed my hand on Alex’s shoulder, but never glanced at him.
“Look at me, please?” I glanced up into his eyes and realized he wasn’t wearing his shades.
“What’s this, McAsshole doesn’t have his shades on?”
“I deserve that.”
“Your damn right you did. I let you do a lot of things McLean, but treating me like I’m nothing is one of the ways of crossing the line. I don’t have to stay here and I don’t have to go through with this shit, you and I both know that!”
“Resa, please hush. I know. Look, I can’t explain what happened here, now. But, just, please, don’t turn your back on me now.” I sighed and closed my eyes.
“We’ve been friends for far too long for me to do that, and you know this. I’ll keep your secret as long as you want me to.” He smiled at that. Without warning his hands grabbed my ass and pulled me against his chest, his lips pushing against mine. I pushed away on his shoulders, trying to push away from him, but not getting anywhere. He quickly pulled away, a smirk on his face. “You bastard!” With that, my hand slapped his cheek. “Don’t you ever do that shit again, or I will leave your ass on the line!” With that, I turned and walked outside. AJ rubbed his cheek, watching the retreating back before glancing over at Nick, whose eyes were currently burning holes all over AJ’s body. AJ shrugged and turned to go the restroom. I sat down on the bench by the door, trying to stop my beating heart. That son of a bitch. I understand exactly what he did and why he did it. And I may not have all the details, but I certainly had a good idea of why Nick and AJ were fighting.
“May I join you?”
“In your ever famous words, the last person I wanna speak to, is you, Carter.”
“Please, Theresa?” I glanced at him and smiled.
“Nick, the puppy dog eyes don’t work on me. Hello, Alex does it all the time and he hardly gets what he wants.”
“Fine, but may I still join you?”
“Fine, whatever.”
“I owe you a huge sorry.”
“You two both.”
“The other day, we were talking about coming out. Rather, I was, Alex still wasn’t comfortable with it. And I told him I really didn’t like you two, well, dating. I even went so far as to ask why he couldn’t be single, like I was.”
“Because that’s not Alex and it would probably start raising questions?”
“True. And that’s exactly what he said. But, I guess I was just overly sensitive that day, because he just made it sound like he wasn’t willing to fight for me. Yet, anyone says one bad thing about you, and they’re getting yelled at for over an hour.”
“I’m guessing you’ve done that?”
“A long time ago, shortly after Alex and I started dating. I was so jealous, and still so new to the feelings, and I didn’t completely trust him, so we got into it.”
“Nick, I hate being the cause of this.”
“Well, it wasn’t about you that even started it. We just sorta blew up at each other. I called him weak, he said I was acting immature. And we both threw out the comments that maybe we shouldn’t be going through this hassle of a relationship.”
“That explains why you’re both mad at me.”
“And I’m sorry. I had no right to be mad at you. I know this isn’t easy for you and I’m not all too sure why you’re doing it for Alex”
“Alex has been the friend when I needed him to be. I owe him a lot more than playing this charade.”
“So, that kiss meant nothing?”
“Come on Nick, you know by now that meant nothing. That was strictly to piss you off and it’s obvious it worked.”
“It did.”
“And if I know Alex, he’s gloating because it did. I may not be dating him, but I do know him. Deep down, Alex is a wonderful guy and you’re lucky to have gotten him. If you love him Nick, don’t let him go.”
“Thanks. You know, I am glad you’re here. It’s nice to be able to get a female input every once in a while.”
“My pleasure.” I leaned over and gave Nick a kiss on the cheek. “Let’s go inside and party. That’s what tonight is for!”
Chapter 5 by ResaD
CHAPTER 5
“Want something to drink?” Kevin nodded his head at a nearby stand but I shook my head.
“No thanks.” We walked along the beach, letting the waves crash along our feet. After a few more moments of silenced, I sighed. “I give Richardson! What’s on your mind?” He chuckled and grabbed my hand, swinging it back and forth.
“Lots of things actually. I’ll start with one though. The other night at the club, when AJ kissed you and you slapped him.” I cringed, for Alex was still upset, but damn it, so I was I. So what if was only a day ago?
“Yeah, I remember it.”
“So do the rest of the guys. Wanna explain what happened?”
“Not really.”
“Okay. Point two, on the same night in question, why was Nick pissed off?”
“I have no clue, do I look like his keeper? Hell, I have enough time keeping track of Alex, the last thing I need to do is keep track of Carter.” Damn, I so hope he bought that, but the questions in his eyes told me the truth, he never believed one word of what I just uttered.
“When are those two guys going to tell the rest of the world they’ve been dating for almost two years?” I stopped in my tracks, tugging on Kevin’s arm.
“What did you say?”
“It’s obvious to anyone who pays attention.”
“Please tell me how you figured it out, because I thought we were playing a pretty damn good game here.”
“Yeah, it’s good. The other guys have no clue. In fact, I wasn’t quite certain until the night of the concert and than the fact that you kissed Brian.”
“I didn’t mean for that to happen.”
“You know Theresa, it’s not fair to you what’s going on. I can tell you love Brian, and it’s not fair that you can’t have him. Wanna explain to me why you would give up your happiness?” I let out a breath and sat down on the beach, gazing out over the ocean.
“It seems like all my life, I’ve always been abused. Mentally, physically, you name it, I’ve just about experienced it. The one and only person whose ever stood by my side, whose ever takin’ me in or cared for me, has been Alex. If it wasn’t for him, I wouldn’t be here. I owe him my life. You see, my father, was a major prick, he used to, well, hit me. First, it was just one to many spanks, or one to many slaps. As I got older, he would use other objects to hit me. Belts, telephones, just other stuff. One day, I couldn’t take anymore, so I hit him back. As I did, my dad’s girlfriend walked in. She hated me, never understood why, but she degraded me whenever she got the chance, and that’s where a lot of mental abuse came from. My mom died shortly after I was born, so I had no comfort there. But, I hit him good, and hard enough that he feel down a couple steps and cracked his skull. I wasn’t sorry than, and I’m not sorry now. But, she wanted to file abuse on me, on me! Can you believe that? I had no where else to turn, except Alex. I hadn’t realized he had all kinds of documentation on me and when I got abused. Even recordings of my dad’s girlfriend’s abuse. When we talked to a lawyer, she lost the idea of trying to file against me. I was 17 and that was the last time I saw my dad. Then I went away to college and he got started with his music. And it was in college that I thought I found the man I would love for the rest of my life. Except, he wasn’t much different than my dad, only in a much cuter, younger form. And he wasn’t physical. He would always tell me to lose a few pounds, to cover up the freckles, not to be smarter than him and that I wouldn’t amount to much. It was a hell dating him, but I really didn’t know better, so I assumed that’s a relationship. One day, Alex was on break and dropped in on me. I was totally thrilled, but my boyfriend wasn’t. Alex was treating us to dinner, and Alex heard the way this guy was talking to me, and I don’t recall ever seeing him so pissed. As my boyfriend was dropping me off, he actually slapped me, said I didn’t need to have friends like Alex. It was than that I saw my father in him, and he was going to raise another hand, when Alex stopped him. Said it would be better if he left and never came around again.”
“Wow.” I had to smile at that.
“So, when Alex came up to me one day and told me the story of how he felt about Nick, I truly had to help him, to start to repay for all the things he’s done for me.”
“That’s great Theresa, but he’s your friend. You shouldn’t have to repay him and he shouldn’t expect you too.”
“He doesn’t. I know he doesn’t. It’s just the way I feel.”
“You’re willing to lose your happiness for the sake of his friendship?”
“Kevin, he’s friendship has been the only solid ground I know. I can’t afford to lose that, now or ever!”
“But you love Brian.”
“I do. And I know Alex will be my friend no matter what happens, but I can’t leave him just up and dry like that, either.” Kevin sighed and squeezed my shoulders against his chest.
“They have to tell the rest of the guys at least. Don’t they know?”
“They do, and Nick has told Alex they had to. Nick hates living in the dark.”
“Oh, that was the fight the other night, huh?”
“Kevin, do you know you see way too much?”
“Of course, that’s why I loved being the quiet one. Girl, I could tell you so many secrets!”
Chapter 6 by ResaD
CHAPTER 6
“I’m bored!” I turned my eyes to Nick and laughed.
“When aren’t you bored, Nick?” Kevin asked. Nick shrugged and I shook my head.
“Kev?”
“Yes ma’am?”
“Truth or dare?”
“Truth.”
“What’s your favorite position?”
“Oh damn, um, probably a 69. Okay, um, Howie, truth or dare?”
“I’ll take truth.”
“Would it turn you on to watch Terri kiss another female?” D glanced at Terri and smirked.
“Yes it would. Theresa, truth or dare?”
“Truth.”
“How old where you when you lost your virginity?”
“Let me recall, oh, I was about 15. Nick, truth or dare?”
“I ain’t a wuss, I’ll take a dare.”
“I dare you go out on the balcony and scream the chorus to ‘I’ll Never Break Your Heart’.” Nick shrugged and opened the balcony door, took a deep breath and started screaming at the top of his lungs. The rest of us in the room busted out laughing.
“I can see why you did that,” Howie said, trying to stop laughing.
“Not just that, I know he’s getting tons of strange looks right now!” We laughed even harder as we heard someone yell out to ‘shut up’. He came back in and grumbled about the people being stupid, which only made us laugh harder.
“Okay, okay, enough fun at my expense. Who should I pick on next? Terri, truth or dare?”
“Oh, I’ll do a dare.”
“In that case, I dare you to kiss Theresa.” I glanced at her and she smiled. Fine, although, I had to laugh because I sure as hell knew that AJ and Nick weren’t going to feel a thing. I stood up and so did she. She walked over to me, cupped my cheek, and lightly pressed her lips against mine. After a few seconds, she pulled away and smiled.
“Hmm, that was nice. Let me see, AJ, truth or dare?”
“Truth.”
“Of all the woman you have slept with, who’s been the most wildest, and why?” AJ quickly glanced around the room and I had to hide my grin. His eyes landed on me and narrowed.
“Hmm, most wildest. Probably this woman named Kenya. She was someone I had met briefly but damn, she liked it anyway and everyway. She was always willing to try out different things. She was certainly the true meaning of freak.” I crossed my arms over my chest, and out of the corner of my eye saw Nick roll his eyes. I had met Kenya, and I know damn good and why AJ said her. I hated her. She was a hoe, and a bitch, and many other things all rolled into one. “My turn. Brian, truth or dare?”
“Dare?”
“A dare? Are you sure?”
“Yes. Give me your best shot.”
“I want you to play seven minutes in Heaven with Theresa.” My eyes shot to AJ’s and his body said it all. It was the best thing he could do and he was playing the nice guy.
“Man, that’s your girlfriend.”
“And? It’s a dare. You have to accept it.”
“That’s fine, but a whole lot of shit is going on that’s including me and I’m not sure I like it!” I stated.
“Sorry. Brian can not take it and I’ll come up with something a lot worse.” Brian stood up and held his out to help me up. I glanced into his eyes and even though he said what he did, his eyes betrayed the thoughts running through his mind. He wanted this almost as badly as I did. I placed my hand in his and headed into the bedroom after him. He locked the door and smiled.
“We don’t have to do this.” I placed my hand on his and trailed my nails up his arm.
“No, we don’t, but I want to.” I walked behind him and placed light kisses upon the back of his neck. He shivered and I heard the quick intake of breaths.
“Heaven help me, but I want too. Screw the fact that you belong to him.”
“No, don’t worry about that.” He quickly turned around and walked me towards the bed. He gently pushed me back and laid down next to me. I gazed into these eyes and melted inside. How many times I had dreamed about being with him was beyond my thinking. All I knew was that I had a chance to at least see him, kiss him, taste him, and that was enough. His hand cupped my cheek and his lips captured mine. I moaned against those lips, my hands clawing at his back. Damn, good boy was not innocent at all. He pulled away, his eyes glossed over and I smirked. Well, it was even more of a turn on for me knowing he wanted me nearly as much as I wanted him. He grabbed the hem of my shirt, sliding it up, over my stomach, my breasts, his lips and tongue caressing all that they could. I ran my fingers through his hair, holding him tightly against my breast as his mouth captured a nipple, tugging slightly. I whimpered and heard his soft chuckle, sending amazing vibrations over my skin.
“Something wrong, darlin’?”
“Oh, not even close.” With that, I flipped him over, tugging at his shirt, kissing my way up his stomach and over his chest. His eyes closed as he ran his fingers down my back, sending shivers down my spine.
“Seven minutes is not enough, Theresa.”
“Hush Brian. Enjoy what time we do have.” I leaned down and pressed my lips against his.

“That was wrong, J.” AJ turned to Howie and raised his eyebrow in question.
“Why is that wrong?”
“She’s your girlfriend and you’re allowing her to get freaky with another man, right under your nose?”
“Your right D, she’s my girlfriend. I don’t mind if she gets a little freaky, as long as she comes to my bed, my arms at night.”
“Are you aware that Brian likes her?”
“She’s an amazing woman D. What are you hinting at?” Howie glanced around the room. Oh, he knew something was going on. Never had AJ allowed another female to touch another man. Why would this girlfriend be any different? Howie shook his head and stood up, offering his hand out to Terri.
“I’m not hinting at anything J. But, I’m tired and Terri and I have plans tomorrow, so we’re out. Thanks for the game.” With that, the couple headed out the door, leaving everyone else with confused faces.
“Baby, what plans do we have?”
“None.” Howie sighed and opened the door to their suite, shutting it tightly and locking it. “Look, in all the years that you’ve known AJ, and all his girlfriends, when has he allowed any of them to even hug another guy?”
“Well, never that I can recall.”
“There’s something funny about this relationship with Theresa. I mean, AJ has always been open about his loving with them. I mean, kisses, caress, hell, even hickeys. Yet with Theresa, he barley kisses her, barley holds her hand. It just seems strange.”
“Howie, I really think you’re just over thinking all of this. I mean, if something was up, AJ would tell you. You guys are best friends.”
“I know, I know. That’s what’s irking me though, I know something is up, but he won’t share.” Howie plopped down on the couch and Terri sat down next to him.
“Something else has to be fueling this.”
“Nick has no girlfriend that you’re aware of, right? He hasn’t slept with any female in the last week?”
“Well, I’m not in Carter’s business, but no, no groupies that I’ve seen. Why D?”
“Two days ago, I saw two hickeys on the back of this shoulder while we were doing a change for a concert. On the back of a shoulder is a little strange.”
“Really, this isn’t your business. Maybe he did sleep with someone and maybe there were freaky. Both Alex and Nick are old enough to run their own lives D, you don’t need to interfere with them, ya know?”
“I know, I know. I’m tired though, wanna go to bed?”
Chapter 7 by ResaD
CHAPTER 7
“How was it?” I glanced over at AJ and shook my head. “Come on, details.”
“No, Alex, no details.”
“You’re my best friend, why aren’t you sharing?” I got up from the couch and walked over to the window, gazing at all the city lights. “Did he hurt you?”
“No, I’m hurting myself.” Alex rested his hands on my shoulders and turned me around.
“Maybe I shouldn’t have done that.”
“I thank you for doing it, really. But I have to tell you Alex, I love Brian and not being able to be with him is killing me. I thought it would be okay, thought I could actually get over it, but I can’t. And it hurts so bad not to be able to have him.”
“Theresa…”
“I won’t spill your secret Alex, you know that. But I can’t stay on this tour either.”
“You can’t leave.”
“AJ, you’ve been there for me when no one else has. You’re my best friend and I thank you for all of that. But I really can’t stay.”
“I can’t fool around with Nick if you leave, Theresa. Don’t you care about that?”
“Don’t you care about my feelings? I love a man that I can’t have because I’m playing a game! I’m not an actress, damn it. I can’t stop or hide my emotions! Hell, doesn’t it flippin’ ass matter to you that someone already knows the truth!”
“Who did you tell?” I rolled my eyes and sighed.
“No one, but sometimes you and Nicky don’t hide things so well.”
“Kevin.”
“Pardon?”
“He knows, right? I should have guessed it. He sees every last thing.”
“Yeah, he knows. And he’s okay with that it. Says he’s happy that you two have found happiness. But he doesn’t like the fact that I’m getting used.”
“You’re not, pre-say.”
“Yes, I am. Yeah, you covered my ass quite a few times, but damn it, J, don’t you think almost two years is payment enough?”
“You can’t leave me, Theresa. You’re my best friend.”
“Alex…”
“It was wrong of me.”
“Excuse me?”
“It was wrong of me to help you all of those times. It’s obvious you’re not my best friend if you can’t stick by my side to help me out. I should have let you’re father go on hitting you. Or maybe you should have stayed with that ex. They would have knocked some sense into you, I’m sure.” My hand snaked out and slapped his cheek.
“You’re a bastard McLean.” With that, I turned on my heel and marched out of the room. I slammed the door behind me and ran my hands over my face. Shit, how was I getting home? I could not believe just how much of a jerk he was being. And it’s not like I was asking for much. Or maybe I was.
“Are you okay?” I glanced up and looked at the guy across the hall.
“What do you care Howie?”
“You two had a fight?” I rolled my eyes and he crossed his arms over his chest. “Look, I’m only asking. That doesn’t give you the right to play the bitchy role.”
“You’re right, it doesn’t. But you don’t have to play a jack ass either, which has been your role as of late, don’t you think?” I stood up and rested my head on the wall. “Yes, AJ and I had a fight.”
“I could tell, heated voices and all. Wanna talk?”
“Not if you can’t offer me a way home.”
“Theresa, things can’t be that bad. I mean, you love Alex.”
“Not everything is always so black and white Howie. Yeah, I love Alex, but sometimes, love isn’t enough. I can’t stay on this tour anymore. There’s just too many problems between him and I.”
“I understand. You’re more than welcome to crash on the couch if you want to.” I raised an eyebrow at him and he smiled. “Terri said I might have been a little…well, jerk, for getting up in your guys business. I’m just trying to make up for it.” I walked over and placed on kiss on his cheek.
“Thanks Howie. But, I’ll just get my own room. For now, I can afford that.”
“If you’re sure.”
“Positive. But go back to bed.” He nodded his head and turned to go back into his room. I sighed and made my way downstairs, hoping that they still had open rooms.
“What are you doing?” I turned around and leaned against the counter, smiling at Brian.
“I’m getting a room for the night. AJ and I got into a serious fight and kicked me out. So, I’m booking a flight out tomorrow.”
“Well, first of all, darlin’, you don’t need a room. I’ll sleep on the couch. And second of all, what am I gonna do while you’re gone?” I smiled again.
“You’re a big boy Bri. You do not need me here to entertain you.” He grabbed my hand and placed a kiss upon the back of it.
“You’re one of my best friends, please stay.”
“I can’t, but thank you.”
“It couldn’t have been that bad.”
“He took our friendship and slapped me in the face with it. And I’m not sure I can forgive him.”
“Come with me.”
“Bri, where are you going?” Before I had time to finish my question he was dragging me to the elevator and pushing the button for our floor. “What are you doing?”
“Confronting your friend.”
“Wait, it’s okay.”
“It’s not Resa.” The few seconds flew by and the doors opened and once more he was pulling me to AJ’s door. He pulled out a key card and quickly inserted it.
“How…”
“I actually have cards to all the rooms. Don’t worry…” He froze in his tracks and stopped in mid-sentence. He cocked his head to the side, trying to understand just what he was seeing. I peeked around him and wanted to cry. AJ was currently pulling his lips, and arms, away from Nick’s.
“What’s up?” AJ asked.
“Maybe I should be asking you two?” AJ rolled his eyes but quickly walked to the door and closed it, finally catching sight of me.
“You told him?”
“No, I didn’t tell him.” Brian quickly turned around and glared at me.
“You knew?” Before my eyes, I saw our brief love affair end.
“I was his cover.”
“I don’t believe this. I thought you were smarter than that.”
“Brian…”
“No, there’s nothing you can say or do that will cover this deception.”
“Oh, I see. You want me when I belong to someone else.”
“That’s bull shit and you damn well know it.”
“Than I’m free.”
“But I don’t want a liar, or a deceiver. You don’t get it. I hated myself for so long because I was falling in love with my best friend’s girl. But here I come, walking in on my two best friends kissing, and than have you tell me its okay to be with you. Well, guess what Theresa, it’s not. Not like this and probably never. Good-bye.” I watched him walk out the door, never feeling so alone. And to top it off, I knew I was going to have to deal with Alex and Nick.
“Resa.” I turned and glanced at Alex, letting the tears fall down my cheeks. “Why did you say anything?” I walked over to him and slapped him.
“I didn’t tell him. He just walked in. So, don’t blame this at my feet. I warned you two from the start not to play this game but neither of you listened. And thanks to that, I just lost the only man I ever loved. Yes, Alex, thank you for being the ever so wonderful friend that you are.” With that, I left, not wanting to deal with anymore Backstreet Boys.
Chapter 8 by ResaD
CHAPTER 8
“What’s on your mind Bri?” Brian glanced up and half smiled at Kevin.
“Nothing really.”
“Sure, wanna talk about it?”
“How do you know something is even wrong?”
“Dude, we’re family. I know you better than you think. Does this have anything to do with Resa?”
“How…never mind. Yes it does.”
“Oh, she told you the truth.”
“No, I saw the truth. Wait, she told you?”
“No. I’ve been watching those two for a while. I think D knows too.”
“Everyone but me.”
“What does it change, Brian?”
“I still love the guys. It hurts that they didn’t trust us enough to tell us though.”
“Yes, that is rather true. But you know damn good and well that is not what I’m referring to.”
“Kevin, I love her, but she lied to me. I mean, how could she do that? Why would she do that?” Kevin sighed, realizing all of the truth would have to be told.
“Bri, have a seat. Just a few days ago I learned the truth about her past. It’s not pretty, and the only constant factor thought it all has been AJ. And you have to remember that I shouldn’t be telling you this anyway.”
“It’s not like I’m going to run to her right now.” Kevin ran his hand over his face and shook his head.
“Why are you willing to let the woman you love, go? The one woman you can picture spending the rest of your life with?”
“Because she lied, damn it! Doesn’t that give you a moments pause?”
“Sit down and shut up. Do not utter another word until I get done telling you what she’s been through and what’s going on now. If after you hear all of it and still feel that she’s not the one for you, fine. But if you think you can forgive her, than I suggest you get on your phone and call her.” Brian nodded his head, very reluctant to hear what was about to be told. He couldn’t picture his heart ever forgiving her. Lies were the one thing he could not abide by.
Chapter 9 by ResaD
CHAPTER 9
Forty-five minutes later, he was wrong, dead wrong. He realized that as he was pounding on the door that held his enemy. To hear all of that, to hear what she gave up, only to have Alex be the asshole that he is! Although, he, himself, Brian, was not much better and he realized that.
“Damn Brian, will you please leave the door in tact.” Brian pushed open the door, seeing Nick sitting on the couch.
“I have a question for you AJ.”
“And that would be?”
“Do you want me to punch you now or later?” AJ took a step away from Brian, but gave him a strange look.
“What are you talking about man?”
“I just got done talkin’ to Kevin, and would you believe he told me every last thing about Resa, all the crap she’s been through. And yes, you were a good friend to stand by her, but than to say what you said.” Alex hung his head, not wanting to recall what all he said in his anger.
“Look man, I really don’t need you to make me feel bad.”
“Really? So, that leads me to my question, now or later?” With that, Brian stepped up into his face.
“Excuse me.” All heads turned to see Howie leaning against the door frame.
“What do you want D?”
“Why are you two fighting?”
“Because Alex is being a prick.”
“Okay Brian, he’s always a prick. Does this have to do with that hoe?”
“What hoe?”
“Theresa.” Both Alex and Brian turned to glare at Howie, but it was Brian who was ready to punch the smile off of D’s face.
“Call her that again.”
“Why are you defending her, you’re not her boyfriend.” Brian backed up a step, realizing that Howie didn’t know the situation, or maybe wasn’t sure would be better to put it.
“I’m not defending her.” Howie raised his eyebrow up at that and than made it a point to look at Alex than at Nick. “When were you going to tell us?” Both of their heads snapped up and glanced from Brian to Howie. “Kevin knows, Brian found out, and I just guessed. So, when were you gonna tell us?” Howie walked into the room and closed the door behind him, waiting for their answer. But neither AJ nor Nick was spillin’.
“You guys, it’s out in the open, now. So, how about we don’t keep any more secrets here?”
“We don’t know when we were going to tell you.”
“Did you not trust us?”
“It’s not that at all D. It’s hard, to be honest. I thought, well, we both thought, you wouldn’t accept us as we were. I mean, we’ve been a group for how long and now here’s this ground breaking news.”
“AJ, we’ve been friends for quite a while, you’re right about that. And it hurts a lot more that you lied than what it would have hurt if you just told us the truth.”
“You guys are okay with it?” Howie glanced over to Brian who shrugged.
“It takes getting used to, how’s that?”
“What about the fans?” All eyes turned to Nick.
“We don’t have to tell them, and as long as you two are careful, than they shouldn’t suspect anything,” Brian stated. AJ glanced at him and offered a smile.
“And what about Resa?”
“Well first of all, I think both you and I owe her a huge apology. And we’ll just tell the fans she fell in love with me and dumped your sorry ass.”
“My image!”
“Boy, if you were concerned about that, than you would not be dating Nicky there,” Howie said, smiling at the look that crossed Nick’s face.
“I resent that you know!”
“Of course we know Nick, that’s the fun of it!”
“Okay, let’s not get into it. Do you have any other bright idea Mister McLean?” Sadly, AJ shook his head, knowing he really didn’t. For once in her life, he wanted her happy. So, he was willing to be her best friend and let her date Brian, weather it destroyed him or not. And to be honest, if their fans loved them like they did, should it really matter if they were gay. Granted, many fantasies would be broken, along with plenty of hearts, but if you were true fans, than you were there for the music.
“Does anyone know where she is?”
“On a plane that’s about ready to land in Arizona,” Kevin said, peeking his head around the door.
“And you would know this how?” Brian asked.
“I’m the only one she’s not pissed at, so I’m the only one she’s talking to.”
“Why is she not mad at you?”
“Because I helped her leave.” All four guys just stared at Kevin. “What? I waited long enough for all of you to pull your heads out of your asses. I wasn’t gonna wait forever you know!”
Chapter 10 by ResaD
CHAPTER 10
I flopped down on my bed, physically tired from the plane ride but so emotionally drained from the last two years. It was one roller coaster after another and I was sure happy it was over. Let AJ say what he wanted, I was done with him. And as for Brian, I was done with that too. That’s just rude not to let someone explain what was going on. To assume that you were a liar and a deceiver. Okay, he wasn’t assuming, but gosh darn it, I had a damn good reason and it wasn’t fair. I could have explained about my past and how that lead me to do what I did. But no, being the prick that he was, he couldn’t even give me that. And than to deal with Howie. Oh, after all that shit went down, I could only picture the smug look on his face and how he probably blame me that I turned them gay. As for Nicky, well, just what the hell could I say to that? Only that I’m sure AJ would have his hands full dealing with him, not like he didn’t already, but last time he had someone to help. From now on, he was on his own! I groaned as I heard my cell phone ringing. I wanted to grab it and throw it at the wall, but it was on the other side of the room. Even if I did throw it, my ass was still gonna have to get up to get it. Well, screw that and screw whoever was calling me now! I sighed as it stopped ringing, smiling as the peace once more came, or, that was until the bed side phone started ringing. I rolled my eyes but picked it up. “Hello.”
“Theresa?”
“None other, Alex. What the hell do you want?”
“To talk to you. You didn’t answer your cell phone.”
“I’m not here to do your bidding. And to be honest, I don’t want to talk to you. So goodbye!” With that, I put the phone back on the charger. Ugh, men! Why the hell were they so annoying and so dense as to not understand when you just didn’t want to deal with them? I won’t ever understand them. I closed my eyes, covering myself with the blanket. At least, some sleep!
“Excuse me!” I peeked one eye open and gasped.
“How the hell did you get in?”
“Duh, a key! Remember, you gave it to me ‘cause I was such a dear friend.”
“Well, how about you set it on the table as you leave, ‘cause you’re not a dear friend anymore.” He sighed and leaned against the doorframe.
“Are you not even going to allow me to say sorry?”
“Not on your life buddy!”
“Theresa!” With that, he plopped down on the bed next to me, resting his head on my stomach.
“Alexander, you currently have five seconds to remove your head from my stomach or I will shove it up your ass!”
“Ouch, I get the hint, you’re not ready for that.” I got up and leaned against the headboard, one eyebrow raised. “By that look, you’re not even ready for me to be here, huh?”
“No, say it ain’t so!”
“Why are you such a smart ass?”
“Cause I have to put up with you. What do you want Alex?” He grabbed my hand and placed a kiss on the back of it.
“I want to say I’m sorry. Truly, deeply, sorry. I was angry, at quite a few different things and it wasn’t fair of me to say what I said, and it sure wasn’t fair of me to blame you.”
“Your damn right. Alex, I love you, you’re my best friend, and I don’t regret doing what I did to help you. Although, I am sorry I ever got you involved with the problems of my past.”
“Don’t ever say that. You didn’t get me involved; I got myself involved because I couldn’t stand to see you hurting. Although, looking back on my previous actions, I’m not much better than those other guys. And for that, I will spend the rest of my life making up for that stupid ness.” I chuckled and rolled my eyes.
“That would mean that I would have to see you a lot more than I wanted to, so no thank you.”
“Well, does that mean you forgive me?” I sighed, and pulled my hand out of his grasp.
“Actually, no, that doesn’t. You betrayed me Alex, in more ways than one. Personally, it’s gonna take a lot more than saying your sorry to forgive you.”
“Would a dozen roses help?”
“Not on your life.”
“Oh, how about some chocolate?”
“Now you’re so cold.”
“A new ruby ring?”
“Now you’re talking my language. So, when are you taking me shopping?” He rolled his eyes and flopped down on my stomach again.
“Whenever you can get ready!” With that, I pushed him off my stomach, ran into my closet and was ready to go in two minutes.
“Okay, got your credit cards paid off?” He groaned, but smiled at me as he got off the bed.
“I love you Theresa.”
“I know Alex. And you can admit that I’m the best, all the way to the mall!”
Chapter 11 by ResaD
CHAPTER 11
“What can I do for you?” I glanced up as the door opened and smiled into amazing blue eyes. “Oh hell, it’s you.”
“Well, hello Theresa, it’s good to see you.” I leaned against the doorframe and crossed my arms, losing the smile that crossed my face.
“Hi.”
“May I come in?”
“Nope. If you want to talk, you can stay outside.” He glanced behind him and at the rain clouds coming in.
“Pretty soon it’s gonna start pouring you know.”
“Than I suggest you make whatever you have to say as quick as possible, don’t ya think?”
“Well, that would be the smart action to take.” With that I started closing the door, not needing his smart ass comments now. “Wait, I’m sorry.” That gave me a moments pause. I glanced up at him and shook my head, opening my door wider to allow him entrance. “Thank you.”
“Don’t be thanking me yet for I can still kick you out in that rain ya know.”
“I know, but the fact that you’re hearing me out is enough.”
“Make it quick Littrell.” He sighed and ran his fingers though his hair. Holy crap, when did that just turn me on? I gulped down the gasp and quickly turned around, making my way into the kitchen. “Would you like something to drink?” I opened the fridge and pulled out a soda, gasping as I turned around and found myself face to face with him.
“No, thank you.” I licked my lips and watched as he followed that movement.
“I believe you came to say something?”
“So I did.” His hands cupped my cheeks and his lips captured mine. Well, saying something indeed! I wrapped my arms around his waist, knowing that my kissing him was not the smartest move, but I had wanted it so badly. Breathless moments later we pulled away. He rested his head against my forehead and took a ragged breath. “I couldn’t help myself.”
“Neither could I. But that does not make up for the stunt you pulled.” He grabbed my hand, placing kisses on each finger tip.
“I’m sorry, Theresa. From the bottom of my heart, I’m sorry. I love you and for so long I had wanted to say that. But you were with AJ. I hated myself because it was wrong of me to feel that way. Yet, no matter what I did or what I thought, I couldn’t stop loving you. I was at the point that I was going to talk to AJ, and I think that’s why I dragged you up to his room, to confront him, to show him that I wanted to take care of you. And yet, it hurt, because none of you came forward with the truth.”
“For that Brian, I’m so sorry. I had wanted to time and time again, but neither one of them was ready. I kept telling them that they shouldn’t deceive you anymore, but as you can tell, they didn’t listen to me. The last thing I wanted was to hurt you, or any of the guys. When I had fallen in love with you, I figured I would be alone, because you weren’t going to betray your friend.”
“Oh, I think had I been given the chance two years ago, I wouldn’t have. Given the chance within the last six months, there was no doubt that I would have. When that chance came from that stupid Truth or Dare, I couldn’t have been happier.”
“Do you forgive me?”
“Only if you forgive me?” I stood up on my toes and pressed my lips against his, wrapping my arms once more around his waist. He pulled away and smiled, making me catch my breath. “Is that a yes?”
“Oh, you so know it.”

“Things okay now?” I turned and smiled at Kevin.
“Yeah. Things worked themselves out with Alex. Him and Nicky are talking about if they’re really ready to come out to the fans. I told them that rumors have been flying for a while, but neither believes me.”
“And Brian?”
“Brian is great. These last few days have been magical actually.”
“I’m glad. After all you’ve been through, you deserve happiness.”
“Well, you know what, you’re right. I guess that’s why I love those unsuspecting Sunday afternoons.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9578