Dilemma by ResaD
Summary: The good boy? Or the bad boy? Theresa has just met an amazing man, Brian! And has gotten all she ever wanted with him. But, she soon finds true love in one of his best friends, AJ. Now, it's hard to choose, but who does she pick?
___________________________________________________


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Other
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: Yes Word count: 6400 Read: 6266 Published: 02/20/09 Updated: 02/20/09

1. Chapter 1 by ResaD

2. Chapter 2 by ResaD

3. Chapter 3 by ResaD

4. Chapter 4 by ResaD

5. Chapter 5 by ResaD

6. Chapter 6 by ResaD

Chapter 1 by ResaD
CHAPTER 1
I leaned against the tree and let out a deep breath.
“Tired?”
“Why in the hell did we move? For what reason?”
“Cause you always wanted to live in this part of town.”
“Well, why didn’t you just say ‘no baby, let’s not move, it’s to much work’?”
“Cause I love you and would do anything for you.” He smiled and leaned over and kissed my lips softly.
“Man, she’s got you wrapped around that little finger.”
“AJ, man, what’s up?”
“Nothing Brian. You didn’t tell me you were movin’.”
“Well, my girlfriend wanted to. Theresa, AJ.”
“Oh, the famous Resa. Hey.” I smiled at him, our eyes locking for a brief moment.
“Hi AJ.”
“Wonder when I would get the pleasure. Seems he wants to keep you tied up.”
“Not quite so. I just know you man. You would go after her.” AJ just laughed and shook his head.
“Not like that bro.”
“Sorry fellas, we have to move the rest of this shit in Bri.”
“I know, gonna help man?”
“Do I get something out of it?”
“I’ll buy you dinner,” I said, tossing the remark over my shoulder.
“I’d rather have a home made meal!”
“Unless you want it burnt man, forget it. She don’t know how to cook.” AJ just watched the retreating back and smiled to himself.

I leaned my head on the table and looked at the two men. So very different and yet so much the same. It was funny how I came to know Brian. I was walking through this small little store and ran my cart into his. He got really upset, which only told me something was on his mind, his current divorce from Leighanne. I couldn’t stop apologizing and to get me to shut up, he asked me out to dinner that night. I remember stepping back, looking at him as if he lost his mind. That started this current relationship. We had been dating for a little less than four months and Brian had complete custody of their son. As for why AJ didn’t know me? The Backstreet Boys took a much needed year vacation with plans to meet back in the studio, if everything was still okay.
“Earth to Resa.” I snapped out of my day dream and smiled at Brian.
“I’m sorry. Just thinking, what’s up?”
“Nothing, just wanted to know why you were staring at us.” I bite my lip and looked down at my plate.
“Just thinking of you two. Anyway, here comes the food.” AJ just shook his head and Brian smiled. ‘Not fair to be sitting at the same table with two very fine men.’

“Son of a bitch, damn thing!”
“Need help?” I turned and looked at AJ, wiping my bangs out of my eyes.
“Can you stop this hose from running the water, please?” He walked over to it and with his strength, yanked the hose off.
“There ya go.” I just rose an eyebrow at him.
“Show off.”
“You asked me to do it.”
“But not so damn easily.” I laughed as he just gave me the ‘what the fuck’ look. “Would you like something to drink?”
“Yeah, what do you have?” I walked into the kitchen and opened the fridge.
“Um, lemonade, a wine cooler, soda.”
“Lemonade is fine.” I nodded my head, pulling out the jug and some glasses. “Where’s Brian?”
“Oh, had something to do or other. It was gonna take him till sometime tonight to finish.”
“And the boy?”
“Day care. Brian dropped him off so that I could fix up the house.” For the first time, AJ took in the house. The boxes all put away and everything decorated.
“You did all this today?”
“And last night. I have a hard time sleeping at night, so I function off of a few hours of sleep. Brian tends to find it rather annoying, but I often tell to let it go.”
“How is that you and him go so strong, you two are so different.”
“Yeah, but I guess we just learn to deal with. I mean, I try to behave myself and he tries not to be a tight ass all the time.” AJ just laughed.
“That’s him.”
“You know, I do hope you all get back together.”
“Why?”
“Cause I love listening to you guys. God, I was a huge fan, well, still am a huge fan.”
“And you’re how old?”
“Oh, so now I have to be a certain age to like good music?” AJ just shook his head, hiding his smiled behind the glass as he took a sip.
“I’m actually itching to go back into the studio.”
“So why don’t you? Do something under AJ or Johnny?”
“I don’t know, never had that much support I guess. I mean, I know the guys wouldn’t mind.”
“Fan wise than?”
“Something like that.”
“I loved Johnny, he was so damn cute! And sexy, damn! But he never came to tour where I used to live.”
“Which was?”
“Arizona.”
“I had made plans.”
“You need to make another album. I’d go out and buy it.”
“Promise?”
“I cross my heart,” I said, crossing it with my finger. He just laughed. “You like laughing at me, don’t you?”
“No, but you make me laugh.” I smiled and nodded my head.
“Than I’m glad, my days work is done.”
Chapter 2 by ResaD
CHAPTER 2
“I’m home!”
“In the studio Bri,” I hollered back to Brian. I smiled as the door opened and he stepped in.
“Hey you two.” I got up from my chair and wrapped my arms around him, my lips finding his. “Missed you Resa.”
“Missed you too Bri Bear. AJ wanted to go back to the studio, so I told him too. We’re just fooling around now.”
“Sounds fun.” Brian slapped AJ’s hand and took my chair, pulling me down on his lap.
“It is.” AJ checked his watch. “Damn, didn’t know it was that late. I shall leave you two alone, gotta go met up with D.”
“Tell him he has to stop by, see the new place, met the new girl.”
“You know, does Nick know about you two?”
“Nope, Nick has been off doing his own thing. Haven’t gotten a hold of him in a while. Kevin knows though, he likes her, says she’s funny.”
“That she is.”
“Excuse me, can we please stop talking like I’m not here,” I said, rolling my eyes.
“And such a drama queen.”
“Oh, fuck you AJ.”
“Resa!”
“Sorry Brian.” I bite my lip and glared at AJ and at his smile.
“Later you two.”
“Bye.” I turned to Brian and smiled.
“What are you smiling at?”
“Just missed you is all.”
“Hmm,” he said, taking my hand in his, “I missed you too.” His lips once again found mine. His arms slowly lifted me up and we found somehow found our way to our room.

“What’s on your mind?” I glanced up and smiled at AJ.
“Well, you actually.”
“Me?”
“Yes, I was thinking about you and recording, wondering if you were really gonna go for it?”
“You gonna help and support me?”
“Of course.”
“Than, yes, I’ll go for it.”
“Great.” I smiled and closed my eyes, going back to getting my sun tan.
“You know, what does Brian think of those tattoos you have?”
“Um, well, he’s not very happy with them nor with the piercings. But I won’t remove them. I just promised I wouldn’t get anymore, or no more big ones.”
“I still can not figure out why you’re with him.”
“Because I do love him. He’s one of the best boyfriends I ever had.” AJ just laughed and I smiled. “Why, should I dump him for you?”
“Well, since you asked, yes you should.” I glanced at him sharply. Was he serious? Dump Brian for AJ? “It wouldn’t be the first time.”
“That someone dumped the good guy for the bad guy?”
“What a way to put it.” I just rolled my eyes at him. “So, what are your plans today?”
“Sun bathe. I need a freakin’ sun tan. This Mexican girl looks like a white girl.”
“You’re Mexican?”
“Half anyways.” I relaxed once again.
“Well, I will let you go. Is Brian gonna be gone tonight?”
“Yeah, won’t be back till sometime tomorrow evening actually.”
“Business?”
“Yeah.”
“Wanna have dinner with me tonight?” I looked up at him, covering my eyes from the sun.
“I would love too.”
“Great, pick you up around six than. Dress nice.”
“Yes sir.” He laughed and left me once again alone.

“And than, he just stopped singing. We couldn’t help but laugh at him as he forgot the words to the song. He was so embarrassed, but it was so damn funny.” I just couldn’t stop laughing as AJ kept telling me stuff about the guys.
“I didn’t know Brian could forget.”
“He did. He was more than pissed at us too for laughing and not helping him out. The fans didn’t mind though.”
“That’s a good thing too.” I took a sip of wine and just smiled at AJ. Okay, so a fast forming friendship had happened. AJ and I had gotten close. In fact, every time he was around, I could feel little butterflies in my stomach. Now, I was a writer and knew what that feeling meant, but I couldn’t grasp the simple idea. I mean, I loved Brian and yet, I was more than attracted to one of his best friends. It wasn’t a fair game. If only I had met AJ under different circumstances.
“You still with me?”
“Yeah, just thinking.”
“About?” Okay, so up until now, I had not lied to him. Well, maybe I shouldn’t lie. After all, didn’t he make it clear how he felt this afternoon?
“You actually.”
“Me?”
“Yes.”
“What about me?” I sighed, a way of buying time and getting the courage.
“Can I ask you a question. And I want an honest answer Age.” He just nodded his head and I took a deep breath. “How do you feel about me?”
“I think you’re a wonderful friend.”
“That’s it?” We locked eyes and somehow, we were both searching for each other hands.
“I like you, more than just a friend. Hell, you’re everything I wanted in a lover. Honesty, trustworthy, know how to be serious but yet know to be laid back, just nearly as crazy as I am, smart, and just plain beautiful.” ‘God, now I know I could not just walk away from him.’ His hand cupped my cheek and slowly our heads moved closer, our lips barely touching. ‘Damn, he can kiss and that was a stupid peck,’ my mind screamed at me. The shiver ran down my spine, my head felt dizzy, my heart was pounding and my stomach was doing flip flops, all sure signs I should not be enjoying that. Well, hell, I shouldn’t even be doing that, but damn, it just felt to good to pull away. “Did you just happen to feel that?”
“You mean, the never wrecking the kiss? The earth shattering peck?”
“Yeah, something to that effect.”
“Yes, than I think I did.”
“And just what does that mean?” I bite my lip and looked at him.
“I don’t know Age.” He grabbed my hand and kissed it.
“You can’t tell him?”
“I don’t know how to tell him.” I just shook my head, not knowing what I needed to do.
“Shall I take you home?”
“I’m sorry, but now, I think I’m gonna be poor company.”
“Somehow, I just truly doubt that.” I smiled at him, grateful he wasn’t making a big deal about our feelings.
Chapter 3 by ResaD
CHAPTER 3
~*~ I love and I need you/ Nelly, I love you, I do/ Need you/ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ Boy, you know I’m crazy over you/ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ You know I’m crazy over you ~*~

“You okay?” I glanced up at Brian and just nodded my head. It has been one week since I kissed AJ. No, I hadn’t stopped seeing him, he still came to my house all the time, but it was always when Brian was there. We never talked about how we felt. Hell, I’m not quite sure I wanted too. Okay, yes I did, but I just didn’t know what I wanted to do! “Something on your mind lately?”
“Well, just, actually, yeah, a wonderful story idea. See, this guy meets a wonderful girl and they fall in love and stay in love, both believing they’re destined to be together. But after years of pure wonderful bliss she meets another man who is more suited for and she somehow fell in love but neither the girl nor the other guy are willing to hurt the other man. What do you think?”
“It sounds like a wonderful story baby. Somehow I’m sure you’re make it awesome.” I smiled as he pressed his lips to my forehead. ‘Yeah, make it awesome, up till I write out their names,’ I thought to myself. “Are we doing something tonight?”
“You know what Brian, I promised AJ I would go with him to the studio today. He begged and pleaded, saying he needed the support, do you mind?”
“No, of course not. I’m glad you and him are friends. It’s always nice to know my friends are friends with my girl. Sides, I need to spend some time with James.”
“Yes, your son misses you.”
“Gonna be home early?”
“I’ll try.”
“Good, cause I think I miss my girlfriend too.” I could only smile at him. “Later baby.” He quickly kissed my lips and I sighed.

‘I can do this, just support him, right? You love Brian, he’s the man you want to be with,’ I told myself, walking into the studio.
“You came!” I smiled as AJ quickly ran over to me and gave me a huge hug. “D, this is Resa, Brian’s girl.”
“Hello Theresa.”
“Hey Howie. So, you gonna record tonight?”
“I don’t wanna.”
“Alexander! I told Brian that’s why I was coming over.”
“I know, I know, I’m just, well, nervous.”
“You’ll be fine. Just lay down a few tracks and than I promise we can do something else.” He just cocked his eyebrow and I rolled my eyes. I went back to the private booth, followed by Howie.
“You guys became good friends.”
“Me and him are so very much alike.”
“So I came to notice. Does Brian?” I turned and looked at Howie.
“How much has Age told you?”
“We’re best friends.”
“And best friends confide in one another, right?”
“He loves you.”
“And regardless of what you think Howie, I think I’m falling in love with him too.”
“What about Brian?”
“I don’t know. I love Brian. I mean, he’s one of the few guys out there who tend to treat me rather well, you know?”
“I know. I know you just meet me, but I know these guys and if you need to talk, don’t be afraid to call me.” I smiled my thanks and turned my attention back to AJ.

I rubbed my arms and stared up at the endless stars.
“You okay?” I turned around and looked at AJ. I sighed and shook my head. “What?”
“I don’t know what to do AJ. I just don’t know. I talked to Howie and he knows I love you and I know you love me and, ugh, it’s all rather confusing.”
“Like I said, it would have been better if we met another way.” I tired to smile, but couldn’t. I felt the tears forming and I tried to blink them away, but failed. AJ’s strong arms drew me within his embrace and I just leaned against his chest. “I know you don’t believe it, but somehow, everything will turn out all right.” I looked up at him and just nodded my head and his lips crushed mine. I moaned against his mouth, my hands clenching the shirt. If he had let me go, let me move, I would have fallin’ to the very ground I was standing upon. His kiss had made me weak and I knew with that one simple kiss, I could not go back to Brian. Not when his kisses failed to put me in that oblivion. And I whimpered as AJ pulled away. “God Theresa, do you have any idea what you do to me?”
“Much like what you do to me?”
“I think so.” I smiled and kissed him again. His lips soon left mine though, trailing along my cheek, moving towards my ear, gently biting the lobe and moving along my neck, nibbling when I would only moan. And before he reached my lips again, I pulled away and looked at him. “What?”
“Before hand, this was not cheating. But after all this AJ, I can not stop this feeling. I want you, want you in every way I can imagine. I want you to make love to me Alex, please?” AJ just groaned and lifted me up in his arms and carried me to his car. So what if I did this? I was planning on leaving Brian anyways. I couldn’t deny my feelings, wouldn’t deny my feelings. I love Alexander, right? Right. We drove to his house in silence, our hands together, our fingers entwined together.
Chapter 4 by ResaD
CHAPTER 4
~* ~ Uh-uh-uh-uh/ I met this chick and she just moved right up the block from me/ And she got the hots for me, the finest thing I need to see. But oh, no, no, she got a man and a son, oh-oh, but that’s okay/ ‘Cause I wait for my cue and just listen, play my position/ Like a shortstop, pick up e’rything mami hittin’/ And in no time I better make this friend mine and that’s for sure/ ‘Cause I-I never been the type to break up a happy home/ But there’s something ‘bout baby girl, I just can’t leave her ‘lone/ So tell me, ma, what’s it gonna be/ She said, “You don’t know what you mean to me,” come on ~*~

He lifted me up from the car and slowly made his way to his house. I gazed around and smiled, it was truly wonderful. He walked up the stairs and turned to the second door on his right. He finally set me down on the carpet and before I could look at his room, his lips were once again on mine, crushing them with his passion. And as he pulled away, he held my hands within his.
“You want this, right?” For one brief moment, I thought about saying no. Thought about the man who was right up the way, waiting for me. But than I thought about the man who was truly my soul mate and smiled.
“Yeah, I want this.” He groaned and his fingers worked the endless buttons on my blouse as his lips worked mine. I sighed as he finally removed the buttons and his hands gently cupped the skin clad material. God, did his touch do wonders to me! His eyes gazed into mine as I felt the clasp on the bra come undone. And every so slowly, he pulled the material off one shoulder, kissing the skin it had exposed and he did the same with the other side. He sighed as he finally pulled it away and drank in the sight before him.
“God, I could never picture you this beautiful.” I sighed as he kissed the precious skin and moaned out as his tongue came in contact with the sensitive bud. He slowly took it within in his mouth, gently nipping at it. And I threw my head back and slid my fingers in his hair as his mouth did the same torture to the other breast. He fell to his knees, kissing my stomach, pulling slightly on the belly ring I had there.
“I wasn’t always like this you know?” He just looked up at him as he trailed kisses along my stomach, his fingers working my shorts. “I had to work to get my stomach like that. Believe it or not, I wasn’t always skinny.”
“I don’t.” And than I was standing naked before him. He had completely undressed me and I hadn’t realized it. I bite my lip and felt the blush come to my cheeks and he stood and stared at me.
“What?”
“Just an enchantress standing there like that.” God, this man know how special he was making me feel? Never before had someone worshipped my body like he was doing now.
“AJ, please, all I want is to feel you. Don’t make me wait anymore than I have.” His eyes glazed over and he just nodded, removing his clothes. His lips trailed up one leg, nipping at one thigh and I felt his gentle lips pressing against my center and I sighed. I felt his velvet tongue caress me in ways I hadn’t experienced in all my life. He found the little precious jewel and I bite my lip as his tongue softly flicked over it. He was driving me mad with desire! And I could only scream out as I felt his teeth latch on to it and gently tug. “Alex, please,” I whispered to him. He removed his mouth and slowly replaced it by his length. I closed my eyes as the pleasure ran through my body, finally having him within me. His movements were gentle and for the first time, I understood just how special making love was. I felt his lips softly brush mine and I opened my eyes to find him gazing down at me.
“I want to see you baby, please, don’t hide it.” I smiled and bite my lip as I felt the start of my bliss rock my buddy. “And don’t deny the pleasure of a moan or a scream.” His lips locked with mine and he pulled away as his body started to shudder. My name was a caress off his tongue as he gave into the feeling. I tried to help it, but a scream escaped my throat as I too gave in. He rested his forehead against mine and I smiled up at him. “You know, I’m not sure I want to leave those warm confines.” I just giggled and bite my lip as I heard the sound. I was acting like a young school girl. “I love you Theresa.”
“I love you too Alex.” He finally removed himself and moved behind me, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me against his chest. I looked out the moon and my mind drifted for a stray moment. Just how was I tell to him? I sighed, finally giving into the sleep what was trying to claim me.

~*~ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ Boy, you know I’m crazy over you/ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ You know I’m crazy over you ~*~

~~ “I can’t tell you about him Brian.”
“But you fell in love with him? Who is he?” Terri hung her head, not knowing how she would tell him. “God damn it woman, who is the man you slept with?”
“Alexander.” He stared at her, his eyes filled with contempt.
“My friend?”
“Yes.”
“You betrayed me with my friend? God, I didn’t think you had the heart to do something so cruel Terri.”
“I didn’t mean for it to happen. I feel in love with him, that simple. I thought, I mean, I do love you Brian. I love the way you treat me. You treated me like I was a queen and after a long line of boyfriends who treated my like a whore, it was wonderful. I feel in love with you. But I think I feel in love with the idea of the gentleman you were more than the person you are. We don’t suit. We’re too different.”
“That is not true.”
“Than why did you forbid from my getting my most recent tattoo on my leg?”
“Because I can’t stand them!”
“You don’t like them, but Alexander does. Just admit it Brian, we’re different.” He hung his head, finally realizing the truth. “I never wanted to hurt you Brian, but I couldn’t hurt myself either. I’m so sorry this is how it came about.” I bite my lip as he looked up at me.
“Go back to him.”
“What?”
“Get the hell out of my house. Leave, now. I’ll send your shit to his place.”
“Brian..”
“What, want us to be friends? You might as well forget that idea! Just get the hell out, now.” I stared at him, never seeing him this angry, but I knew defeat when I saw it. I only nodded my head and turned to leave.
“I really am sorry. You can choose to believe it or not, I don’t care.” I left him there, the image of tears running down his cheeks burned in my mind. ~~

I stared at the computer screen, the first part of my story not coming to mind. I had worked out how the happy couple split, but before that, I didn’t know how to work them.
“You okay?” I jumped at Brian’s voice and quickly minimized the screen.
“Yeah, fine.”
“Jumpy?”
“Just lost in thought. What’s up?”
“Thought you, James and I would go out. Family outing.” ‘God, James, he saw me as a mother, didn’t he?’. I smiled up at Brian.”
“Can I take a range check? I talked to my publisher and I have to have something in for this deadline, even just a plot and title.”
“And just what are you going to call?”
“Life’s Choices.”
“Sounds good. Well, if you need to work, I understand. I just miss my baby, that’s all.”
“I promise, me and you time shortly, okay?”
“I like that.” His lips softly brushed mine and I sighed. Nope, his kisses did not have the same drugging effect. His tongue snaked out, seeking access to mine and I was not going to deny him. Maybe just a taste and I could…no, felt nothing. He pulled me and lifted me up out of the chair, his hands roaming my back, softly cupping my ass and pulling me tight against his body.
“Anyone home?” I turned and looked at AJ and he stepped into the living room. “Woah, I’m sorry. I just saw the lights on and the front door was open. I’ll just…”
“No, it’s okay man. Stay a while, Theresa needs to get back to work anyways.” I smiled and nodded my head. What a sight to see. I plopped down in my seat and sighed as the two men left. ‘God, I hated this.’
Chapter 5 by ResaD
CHAPTER 5
~*~ Uh-uh-uh-uh/ I see a lot in your look and I never say a word/ I know how n****s start actin’ trippin’, and hate up all the girls/ And there’s no way Nelly go for it/ Ain’t f***in’ with no dame, as you could see/ But I-I like your steeze, your style, your whole demeanor/ The way you come through and holler, and swoop me in his two-seater/ Now that’s gangsta and I got special ways to thank ya, don’t you forget it / But it ain’t that easy for you to back up and leave him/ But you and me we got ties for different reasons/ I respect that and right before I turned to leave/ She said, “You don’t know what you mean to me,” come on ~*~

I printed out the last pages and with the pen in my mouth, walked around the room, reading over the writing, editing what I had too. I dropped down on the couch as I scratched out something and rewrote and I heard someone laugh.
“Sounded better the other way.” I looked up at Alex and smiled.
“Thank you for that vote, but I think it sounds good this way.”
“Suit yourself, you’re the writer.”
“Right, and what I say goes.” He smiled at me.
“Does he ever read your writing?” I glanced at AJ and than over at the TV. Had Brian ever read my work? No, he said romance bored him. I let him read certain stuff, but he would just make a face and handed the papers back and said it sounded good. AJ, on the other hand, I caught him reading my latest book. In fact, the other day I was having lunch with him and noticed he owned a few of my books.
“No, he doesn’t.”
“That’s to bad for him. He could have learned a lot about you.”
“What do you mean?” He grabbed my hand and gently kissed each finger.
“I know you put yourself in the characters. Your stories express you very nicely. That’s why I like your writing. You have such detail in your stories, I get lost just picturing it. Of course, you’re the only romance writer I have in my library.” I laughed at that simple comment.
“Thank you. You’re amongst the first to notice that. Even my publisher has yet to figure that out.”
“So, what is this?”
“This is how I’m telling Brian it’s over. It’s a story about the three of us.” He just looked at me and I took a deep breath. He could object but yet I knew he wouldn’t.
“Hey you two.” I smiled up at Brian and leaned back against his chest as he sat behind me. I dropped the papers to my lap and he glanced quickly at them, reading a few lines.

~*~ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ Boy, you know I’m crazy over you/ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ You know I’m crazy over you/ Sing it for me, K/ I love and I need you/ Nelly, I love you, I do/ And it’s more than you’ll ever know/ Boy, it’s for sure/ You can always count on my love/ Forever more, yeah, yeah ~*~

Before I could stop him, he snatched up the papers and I watched as his eyes read over the writing. I heard him suck in a breath as I realized he read it all.
“This is the story idea you had Theresa?”
“Yes.”
“Sounds very much like real life.” I glanced at AJ and than turned towards Brian. No use in denying it now.
“It is. In fact, that’s how I’m feeling right now.”
“And I take it this about all of us? You falling in love with my friend over there?” he asked, nodding his head towards AJ.
“Yes, it is.”
“I don’t believe you. This is why I didn’t want you two to met damn it. AJ, you can’t keep anything to yourself can you?”
“Hey now, don’t start in on me Brian.”
“Why not? You slept with the woman I loved.”
“Brian, stop. Think about what you’re saying. Do you honestly love me?” He stopped talking and stared at me.
“Are you saying I don’t?”
“In a sense, yes, I am. You know, I think we hooked up for the wrong reasons. I was good with James and after Leighanne, you need someone to love, someone to be by you, and I was perfect for the job. The divorce wasn’t even final before we fell in love and got together. I think you still care for her, but I don’t think you were ready to fall in love. As for me, you treated me so well. After my last boyfriend, how could I say no to you? You were prefect, but we were different. You were the good kind and you can’t deny that. I like being crazy, being unique and you and I both know it was something you weren’t too fond of.”
“So, where does that leave us?” I just looked at him and smiled.
“That leaves us as friends. Which, is really what we were. We both know it would have ended at some point in time. I wasn’t quite what you needed and you weren’t what I needed.” He sighed and hung his head. I bite my lip, not even knowing AJ left.
“I’m sorry to see it end though.”
“Don’t be. Just think, I helped you to move on and you helped me.”
“How?”
“You taught me there were still good guys left in the world.” He smiled and I smiled back. I softly kissed his lips and moved back. “I’m going to go.”
“You want the house?”
“No, I think I have another one. I do love you Brian.”
“And I love you too Theresa.” I waved and left the house, walking down to the house I knew so very well.
Chapter 6 by ResaD
CHAPTER 6
~*~ East coast, I know you’re shakin’ right/ Down south, I know you’re bouncin’ right/ West coast, I know you’re walkin’ right/ (‘Cause you don’t know what you mean to me)/ Midwest, I see you swingin’ right/ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ Boy, you know I’m crazy over you/ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ You know I’m crazy over you ~*~

I stopped outside his door and knocked. He opened it and I smiled.
“I have to tell you something Alex.”
“And that is?”
“To write this story, I can’t stay here. I need to leave. My publisher said he can offer me his place if I need to get away.”
“Why can’t you write here?” I sighed and just looked at him.
“I don’t know. I thought about it and been thinking about. I feel that I need to almost remove myself from this little triangle and write it from the outside looking in. Here, I can’t do that.” He frowned and I smirked at him.
“Sides, you’re too much of a distraction for me. I can’t seem to think about my writing when you’re around.”
“That’s just to damn bad.” I laughed as he picked me up in his arms and swung me around. His lips touched mine and I tried to hide the joy that ran through my body. Life was almost to perfect for me. He finally set me down and I smiled up at him.

~*~ East coast, I know you’re shakin’ right/ Down south, I know you’re bouncin’ right/ West coast, I know you’re walkin’ right/ (You don’t know what you mean to me)/ Midwest, I see you swingin’ right/ East coast, you’re still shakin’ right/ Down south, I know you’re bouncin’ right/ West coast, I know you’re walkin’ right/ (You don’t know what you mean to me)/ Midwest, you’re still swingin’ right/ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ Boy, you know I’m crazy over you/ No matter what I do/ All I think about is you/ Even when I’m with my Boo/ You know I’m crazy over you/ Yeah, yeah/ East coast, I know you’re shakin’ right/ Down south, I know you’re bouncin’ right/ West coast, I know you’re walkin’ right/ (You don’t know what you mean to me)/ Midwest, I see you swingin’ right/ East coast, you’re still shakin’ right/ Down south, I know you’re bouncin’ right/ West coast, I know you’re walkin’ right/ (You don’t know what you mean to me)/ Midwest, you’re still swingin’ right ~*~

So, the book got released and it was actually quite fun to write. Sorta different from my usual romance novels I suppose. I mean, after all, you would write about a triangle? Not most authors.
“Damn, you made me sound like a dick!” I glanced at Brian and rolled my eyes.
“God, it’s just a story!”
“But still! Now you done and hurt my feelings.” He pouted and I smiled at him.
“I sound good.”
“Of course you would Age, you’re the hero of the story!” I only shook my head as they fought back and forth. I was amazed the guys had actually read the story. Especially Brian and he actually liked it. And even the other three claimed to like it.
“Theresa?” I looked at AJ and smiled.
“Yeah?”
“You still with us?”
“Yeah, just off in la-la land, I like it better there than here.”
“Answer me something Resa?”
“Yes D?”
“You told Brian it was gonna be called Life’s Choices. Why did you change the title.”
“Why Dilemma? Because to many people have to face these same love triangles and I think it’s just to perfect to explain. Sides, don’t you always tell you friends you have a problem?” At their simple nods I smiled. “And you always call it a dilemma.”

~*~ ‘Dilemma’ by Kelly Rowland and Nelly
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9596