Undying Devotion by kevmylove
Summary:

( Sequal to Sinister Devotion) Crystal thought Jack was dead...and she was right. Jack did die that fateful day, at the farm; however, Alex McLean is still alive and kicking. He's got a new life, but the past, still seems to haunt him. What he doesn't know, is what is in store for him, now.

 

~~ON HIATUS~~

 


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ
Genres: Action, Alternate Universe, Romance
Warnings: Death, Domestic Violence, Graphic Violence, Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: Jacklex Series
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 28457 Read: 26758 Published: 04/03/09 Updated: 04/02/12

1. Prologue by kevmylove

2. Chapter 1 by kevmylove

3. Chapter 2 by kevmylove

4. Chapter 3 by kevmylove

5. Chapter 4 by kevmylove

6. Chapter 5 by kevmylove

7. Chapter 6 by kevmylove

8. Chapter 7 by kevmylove

9. Chapter 8 by kevmylove

10. Chapter 9 by kevmylove

11. Chapter 10 by kevmylove

12. Chapter 11 by kevmylove

13. Chapter 12 by kevmylove

14. Chapter 13 by kevmylove

15. Sorry... by kevmylove

Prologue by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Hi all...after some serious thinking...and reading your reveiws...plus listening to Kristal...I decided we should really find out what happens to Jack...or Alex! I hope you guys like this one just as much as the last

My hands were shaking, as I took the box from the neatly dressed teller, she looked up at me with a warm smile, and I smiled back. My mind was flooded with pure curiosity, as to what was in this box. It was kinda heavy in my hands, which intrigued me, even more. I followed her into a small room, where she instructed me to tap on the glass, once I was done . I shook my head and gave her another one of my, crooked smiles. I sat there, just staring at the metal box, my stomach was in knots and my hands were sweating.

I placed my finger slowly over the latch, slipped it through and the top popped open. I felt the knot in my stomach, tighten, as I caught a glimpse of a pile of folded up papers. Shakily, I took the first visible thing into my hands, I unfolded it carefully and laid it onto the table. My eyes were scanning full speed, when they came to an abrupt stop, as the name popped out at me, Abby Denise Mclean, I closed my eyes. I still had a hard time with all the emotional shit, that I tended, to get them all twisted. I felt such a mix of emotions, at the moment, that I could barely pick out or separate one, from the other. I was so angry that my little sister was ripped away from me and then saddened that I couldn't have her in my life. There were a shit load more, that were coursing through me, as my eyes snapped back open.

My heart tightened, in my chest, as my eyes continued to scan the papers. My emotions where already getting the best of me, and I had only looked over one piece of paper. I grabbed a handful of things and placed them out one by one. Four social security cards, four passports, mom and dad’s birth certificates and finally I unfolded mine. It was almost as new as Abby’s and my name flashed at me, Alexander James Mclean…the kid was right, my birthday was indeed January, 9th 1978. To think I celebrated it, every 6th of June…I feel like such a fucking idiot.

After cursing under my breath, I added it to the pile of papers I had already looked at. Then I took out more things one by one…there were a couple of my dad’s commemorative badges, some documents with the LAPD logo in the top right corner, Richardson's name was on it, a Daryl Jenkins and my dad's, I was curious to what it was, but I'd figure it out, at a more private time. There was a picture, just like the one I had taken from Richardson. There were actually a few of him and my dad together, which confirmed that they had been close, some even had another guy, with salt and pepper hair, in them. Have no clue who he could be.

The stack fell out of my hands, and scattered all over the floor, I picked them up, one by one…looking over each and everyone one of them. I couldn’t help the smile on my face, as I stared at one, in particular. We where were all at the beach, Abby was in mom’s arms, in a pink Mickey Mouse bathing suit, mom was hugging dad, and I was grinning like there wasn’t a worry in the world. I have to admit, I've always been good looking...even when scrawny and wearing dorky ass shorts!

After looking at each and every picture in the box, I was happy I could see the faces, I had longed so much to remember. I took out my wallet, and folded up the picture, just the size to fit in one of the clear slots. Now, I'd always have them with me. Unwillingly my gaze fell upon the smiling blonde, it happened everytime I opened the damn thing. Fuck, I missed her and I just couldn't stop thinking about her. It was better this way though, she thought I was gone, and she could go on with her life plans, where I certainly didn't belong. With a sigh, I closed my wallet, stuffed it back in my pocket, along with a couple more pictures and decided to find out what was making the box, so fucking heavy. I shoved my hand into the long narrow box, and felt something cold. Right away, I knew  what it was, and I was grinning like a child, as I pulled out the object. Looking it over, I wondered if it was my dad's, from the force, It looked like a police issued pistol. I knew I couldn‘t take it now, but I would definitely come back for it.

Once I was done, I tapped on the window, like I was told to, silently she walked me back to put the box away. She thanked me and gave me a smile, this time it seemed more flirty, than warm. I was tempted, Jack would have taken her back home and porked her till the next day. I on the other hand, opted to thank her, give her a flirty grin, and get the hell up out of there. I have enough things to torment me at the moment, to add another women to the list, plus Alex Mclean doesn‘t do one night stands.

End Notes:

.

Chapter 1 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
I'm sorry the start might be a bit slow, but I promise that there is a lot to come...thank you so much ladies, for keeping up with Ja...I mean Alex. (I have to get used to that) lol!

I woke up to the strong smell of food in the air. Have I not told that woman, that she can only use the spare key for emergencies only? Yes, I have, but she never listens. I rolled my eyes, and noticed that I didn’t have much on. I cursed myself, trying to remember last night, and my mind went over the nights events. There was a party…drinking…memories…more drinking…Yelina…sex…yes, lots of sex. Damn it! I also told her not to let me hit on her when I’m drunk, but if you could see her, you wouldn’t be able to resist.

Ignoring the Spanish music blasting from the living room, I tried to sneak my way to the shower. Then I came to an abrupt halt, when I caught glimpse of Yelina’s perfect figure, swaying from side to side. I found myself, standing there like a dumb fuck. Damn that woman is hot!

Just so you know, she’s not my girlfriend or anything of that sort. She’s a good friend, yes, I said friend. I actually have friends now, people know me and I know them. I met her outside of club Mojito, she was having some argument with a guy, and he was trying to beat up on her. Well, me being the stupid, changed man that I am, stepped into the struggle. Sure, I ended up saving the girl, but not without a fat lip and busted nose. So much for being a damn hero. I’ve known her for almost four months, and I can admit, that she’s someone special in my life, but not THAT someone.

After my drooling moment and reminiscing, I took my shower, changed into the usual attire of jeans, boots, and a white wife beater and took a couple of deep breaths before, exiting the bathroom. I always have to prepare myself, with her, she’s quite the character. As soon as she saw me, she was talking a mile a minute “I thought you were never gonna get up…chico it’s really late. You stay up all night, that‘s why your always late, because your tired and LAZY to get up!!”

I blinked for a couple of minutes, trying to understand everything she had said. See, you don’t understand, Yelina’s Cuban, therefore she talks a mile a minute and on top of that shit, she has a heavy accent. Usually, she throws a couple of Spanish words in her sentences. I always assume, she’s bitching at me, about something. Whatever the case, it’s fucking sexy!

“Yelina, didn’t I tell you, that you can’t just show up in my house? The spare is for emergencies only.” I informed her, grabbing a cup of coffee and letting out a heavy sigh.

She rolled her eyes at me, “Oh please, don‘t you remember, we were together last night? Did you forget that already? How about the four times you fell…? No, that‘s what I thought…just eat, you having breakfast after a very busy night…” she wiggled her eyebrows at me “...is very important. Is everything alright, you were pretty drunk and you kept calling me…”

“Please…don’t say it” I put my hand up, to keep her from saying the name. It wasn’t the first time, and since she knew the whole drama, it gave me the impression that it didn't bother her.

“Ay, Aaaalex…you have to do something about this! Like going to look for her or you need to, just forget it?” she leaned against the counter next to me, giving me a nudge “I hate to see you like that.”

I always have to snicker, when she talks. “I know, but let's drop the subject, alright, because I ain't gonna be forgetting any fucking time soon and you damn well know it." I took another swig, of my coffee, just as my cell started buzzing. Peaking at the ID, I knew exactly who it was. "McLean." I answered quickly. It's still weird going by my real name, but yet it's nice at the same time.

"Alex...Jenkins, here. We're down here at 5th and Moss, at the Skylight Condominiums. We just got here, but I know I'm going to need you on this one. Can you come down?"

Standing up, I listened closely, to the Lieutenant. "On my way." I snapped the phone shut and grabbed my keys. "Alright, I gotta get to work and you gotta go. Come on." I waved at her and she rolled her eyes, but grabbed her things. We walked out the door and toward our cars. With a nod, I hopped into my new baby ‘Beauty’...which is much nicer than Sheeba was. Although, I have to admit I miss that damn car, I’m not even sure, what happened to it. I watched her pull out and then followed suit.

It was weird to have a job, that gave me a real paycheck, but yet I was doing something constructive, with myself. Going by my real name, I made fast connections with the police department that my dad was in. I had just gone in, trying to get information about my family, not knowing my life was about to drastically change. Turned out, Daryl Jenkins, who is the chief of police now, was another good friend of my dad’s and Richardson’s. He had been in the big bust, where Don’s brother had been killed. He was one of the shooters, to be more specific.

I’m never intimidated by people, but this guy, made me think twice about entering his office, when I met him. He‘s this big tall black dude, about two times my height and my weight, he has salt and pepper hair, and has a really evil eye. Of course I was really wrong, the man is a damn saint, and fucking good at his job. He‘s got a great family, who has treated me with nothing, but kindness and respect. His wife is a pediatrician and he has two daughters around my age, who are somewhere in school.

Speaking of school, its so damn hard not to remember Crystal, it seems that everything I see or talk about, reminds me of her. As I drove the events of that dreadful day played back in my head. We went from Kevin giving me an important key, that held some answers to my life to everyone turning against me. I guess they had motive enough, I was a killer, and they were my targets. After that everything was a blur, and it happened so fucking fast. I remember struggling with Don, him shooting me twice, then the kid shooting him right in the head. What a fucking shot. I’m glad the bastard is dead, although I wish that I would have been the one to shoot him.

I swore I was dying, everything was a haze and I could only see her face, I wanted to tell her, what she longed to hear, but, not only did I not have the courage, I didn’t have the strength. So, according to her, Jack died that day, and she's right, he did. I snuck out of the ambulance, as the commotion went on outside, and vowed to myself, to start with a clean slate, if I lived. It was for the best, there was nothing good I could have offered her and she had her life all planned out. I hope she is doing ok, and that she has forgotten about me…although, I haven’t forgotten about her.

I pulled up to the address and saw, a good, 7 squad cars. Stepping out, of my ‘beauty‘, I received a few stares. Walking up in baggy jeans and wife beater, covered in tattoos, to a crime scene, isn’t exactly normal. Although, most of these fuckers, already know me, I’ve been working with them for almost two months, they tend to stare, like idiots. Then again, I don’t look like a person who should be pulling up, but rather the person being put in the backseat of a squad car. Whatever!

Just as I got to the front door, Jenkins came out. "I'm glad you're here, Alex. This guy is Osorio Perez, one of the top notch mafia guys in Palm Beach, he’s been trafficking for years. We were never able to crack his ass down, and look here he is…fucking dead. This one looks professional. My guys are a bit baffled...it's a doosey." He started explaining, as we climbed the stairs.

"I‘ve heard that name before, guys like that, don‘t just get killed. Their targeted." I informed as he led me into the large condo. One of the detectives handed me a pair of gloves, that I immediately pulled on. There were two bodies...Osorio’s and a female, “I‘m guessing not the wife…” I smirked, noticing that the woman was really young. I knelt next to her body as Jenkins kept talking, a mile a minute.

"No one heard anything, but the place is ransacked.  It doesn’t look like anything was taken though...their valuables and wallets are all still intact." Slightly turning the woman's head, I saw the slit in her throat, and the memories of my past came crashing down on me. This is probably what it looked like, after I was done with my targets. A couple of faces flashed through my mind, I shook my head trying to block the images. "Everything alright Alex?" Jenkin's voice startled me.

"Uh...yeah...I'm good. I was just thinking!" I went back to inspecting, the young woman. The whole scene was a bit baffling, as if slitting her throat hadn’t been enough, there was a bullet hole in her forehead, nice and clean. “Anybody got a sheet or something?” I hollered, I had more respect for the dead, now a days. Catching a sheet, that was tossed at me, I placed it over the woman’s body. She was dead, but still deserved some respect. Moving to the male, Jenkins followed me. "Where's the point, of entry?" I pursed my lips, trying to find out anything they already knew. I stood up, facing Jenkins, as he spoke back up.

"Front door, we guess, but there was no force." He gave me that classic look, that I was now used to seeing. They were stumped. The bodies weren't even removed yet, and they were fucking stumped. I shook my head and began moving around the place.

"It was definitely a professional, there has to be a bullet hole somewhere…they haven’t invented invisible, bullets.” I stood up, where it looked like Osorio had been standing, I took a couple of steps to my left and my eyes scanned the walls and windows in that direction. BINGO! There it was, just the little hole I was looking for, in the right corner of the window. “There it is…” I pointed to the hole, and everyone scurried to take a look. “It looks like everything is clean, even though they sniped them, they had to make sure that they were dead. That‘s not the only reason, they came into the house, though. I believe they were looking for something, either they took it, or he didn’t have it.”

My job was pretty much done, but I was curios and I did have an advantage that Jenkins always gave me permission, to check things out. I started looking at the sliding glass door, for any signs of entry. "The crazy thing about this, is that they were off’d by the same bullet. That only happens in a small amount of incidents and in movies.” I shrugged.

Jenkins looked at me strangely, like he was wondering where the hell I know all this from. I guess my old occupation, really comes in handy, I just see things from my perspective, like if I was the hired gun, how and what would I do. Usually my evaluations are more than accurate, I haven’t gotten one case wrong, yet. My job here was done “Well call me if anything else comes up.” I gave him a shoulder squeeze and headed out.

Shielding my eyes, I hopped back into my ‘beauty’. Damn...only 45 minutes, and I had already earned my pay, for the day! It was nothing like I was used to, but it was worth the change. I revved her engine, making heads turn again and skidded the hell out of there.

Chapter 2 by kevmylove

I’ve grown to appreciate the beach, the way the waves tussle with each other, like its a damn fight to get to shore first. How it’s endless, and it seems to meet at some point with the sky. Stretching out my legs I watched as the seagulls, flew about and a family nearby ran around, chasing each other. I couldn’t help myself from smiling, they seemed happy. Sometimes everyone else seems to be happy, except for me. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve got pretty much, everything a guy could want. Hell, where do I start…

There’s this beautiful beach house, a new and improved job, a loaded bank account, my bad ass car, and a fucking hot, sidekick. Even though, at first, I can tell you, that I wanted to kill her just as bad, as I wanted to kill the kid, when I met her. But, I have to admit that, she’s grown on me, and I take her shit, cause she’s the only one that takes mine. Speaking of the devil.

Yelina came running past me, I couldn’t help my eyes, from scanning the woman from head to toe. She was wearing a two piece bikini, that didn’t leave much to my imagination. “Come on Alex!” she yelled, letting the waves engulf her.

“Your nuts!” I yelled, standing up and dusting my ass off. “You’re going to catch a fucking…ah what the hell” I pulled my shirt over my head, and jogged over to meet her, also letting the freezing waves push me around. It’s fucking amazing, how many hours you can spend out there, once your body adjusts to the freezing water.

When we were finally tired out, the sun had already started to go down, We were dripping wet and leaving a water trail with each step, as we made way to my room. Then, she came crashing into me, knocking me into the wall, and instantly crashing her lips to mine. With Yelina, sex is somewhat routine. We always seem to end up in bed, especially after a drunken party, dinner, an argument, a really complicated case, and really shitty days.

I’m not complaining, she’s an amazing lover, but she tends to remind me of that one person, that sometimes I wish I could forget. “Stop thinking, Alex!” she whispered into my ear, and gave it a nibble, then busied her hands with my shorts.

My hands gripped her sides, and I pressed her closer to me, as I felt her mouth slowly trail down my chest, and even lower. Pulling her back up to face me, I engulfed her mouth and felt her tongue flick against mine. I spun her around, now I was pinning her agains the wall, her mouth fell open and she let out a moan. Her hands tangled into my hair, and her legs snaked their way around my waist, where I found myself holding her off the floor. I ran my hand down her sides, until I found the tiny strings that held her bikini bottom, on. I was pulling the string, when my head snapped up and I looked out the window.

“Hold on…” I told her out of breath, feeling her legs release my waist, I pushed her lightly away from me, my eyes never leaving the window.

She looked at me, then the window “What is it Alex? You’re scaring me.”

I didn’t even know what the hell was happening, and it wasn’t that I didn’t want to do it with her, but I had that feeling, that someone was watching me. All my mojo, as Austin Powers would say, was gone. “I’m sorry, I can’t do this, but why don’t you stay.” I could see the disappointment in her eyes, this also wasn’t the first time, I left her hanging, in the middle of a heated moment.

She let out a frustrated sigh, and rolled her eyes at me “You do this often! If you don’t want me around, just come out and say it!” she stormed out of my room, and headed towards hers.

“Yelina you know damn well, that it’s not that at all…just give me a fucking break.” I still had that uneasy feeling, in the pit of my stomach.

Then it suddenly happened, she plopped onto the end of the bed, and started to cry. I have to admit, I was pretty startled by the act, I hadn’t seen a woman cry, ever since Crystal. To think I was convinced, I would never have to deal with waterworks again. "Oh for fucking sakes, don't start crying."

She looked up at me, "You are full of shit! I may be some fucking cuban girl to you, but I'm not stupid, Alex."

"I never said that..." I defended myself, she could be annoying, loud, complicated, but I never though she was stupid. "Just calm down. You don’t have to cry, you know that…” I swallowed the nervous knot in my throat, even though I was way more at ease, with a lot of shit. When it came to the emotional department, I was still a little rusty, believe me Yelina doesn’t get any special treatment. My temples had suddenly, started to throb like a bitch and her high pitched voice, going a mile a minute in spanish, wasn't helping. "Yelina...I'm going to bed, please don't leave. Don't even go outside, alright?"

"VETE AL CARRAJO!" she yelled at me, as I made way to my room. Good thing she translated that, last time. I don't take it personal anymore, she sends me to hell, at least once a day.

Grinning I entered my room, closed the door behind me and walked over to the window. I didn’t know why I had this feeling, that there was someone out there, but I really had no idea, who the fuck it was. It was still early, but it was rare when I got to bed on time, it wouldn‘t kill to get a good nights rest, for once. I pulled off, my cargo shorts and hopped into to bed, sinking into the sheets, I closed my eyes and felt myself, fall into a deep sleep.

My eyes snapped open, and my breathing was elevated, as I sat up in my bed. There were sweat drops nestled, on my forehead and my throat was extremely dry. "Damn it. Don is dead, why does it feel, like he’s suddenly popping up, in my dreams?" I spoke out loud. I swear, its like he is hunting me down, or something...like every time I turn around, he is there. Fuck!"

Just as I was about to get out of bed, I heard noise coming from the living room. Quickly I opened the drawer and dug in for my dad’s pistol, damn she’s beautiful. I took the cold steel into my hands, and slowly opened the door, I aimed at nothing, as I crept through the hallway towards the living room. The sound was coming from the kitchen, I snuck around the room corners, exaggeratedly, but after my dream, I was becoming uneasy.

Once the source was located, I jumped out of the corner of the kitchen and aimed my gun “Freeze motherfucker” I shouted, and my eyes widened in horror, as I watched Yelina in her little pink nightie, jump sky high, and let out a shrill, as little white fluff flew all over the place.

“You fucker! You scared the shit out of me, and your not supposed to say FREEZE, cause you’re not a cop!” Yelina started smacking me, and throwing the rest of the popcorn. “You JERK!”

I tried really hard to hold back my laughter “I’m sorry…. I just had a bad dream and I heard noises…I assumed…” remembering the dream, made all the humor of the moment, diminish. I placed the gun, on the counter and ran a hand over my neck, “I just feel, like something is going on.”

She came close and ran a hand over my cheek. “You’re just stressed Alex…maybe you are still, getting used to all this new stuff.” I watched as she bit the bottom of her lip, and took a couple of steps closer to me. Her hand ran over my bare chest, sending a slight shiver, through my whole body.

Damn it! I hadn’t even realized I was almost naked. “Uh…that could be.” I was fighting the temptation, I really was. Then again, what is the purpose of letting, such a woman go to waste. It’s not like there is someone, I have to be faithful too. With that, ending my pep talk, I snaked my arm around her tiny waist and pulled her into me, engulfing her mouth, as she wrapped her arms around my neck.

“Wait, we have to pick up this mess, Alex.” I couldn’t help to roll my eyes, the fucking things women worry about, right when you’re getting into the mood.

I groaned and let her loose, “You’re not serious…”

“Aha…someone is all heated up now…” she giggled. “…but, I thought you weren’t in the mood…?” scooping up a handful of popcorn, from the counter, she flung it, at me.

“Oh is that how it is?” I bent over, watching her dash towards the room. “I’ll get you!” I hollered, taking as much popcorn, from the floor, as both of my hands would hold. Sometimes, we tend to be like a married couple, at least that is what, those that know us, say. I guess, being married to her, wouldn’t be bad at all. I just…think you can’t, marry someone, you don’t love. She let out a squeal, when she noticed that I was sprinting after her. I watched as she fell backwards on to my bed, playfully screeching, while the popcorn flew everywhere.

“Annie is going to kill you, tomorrow.” she giggled, staring into my eyes. I let myself fall onto her, my hands caressed everything, that belonged to her, while my mouth covered hers. I assume, you know what happened next.

The drumming of my phone, against the nightstand, woke me. Quickly I turned to look at the clock, it was only two in the morning. I already knew, who called me at such a time. I set my arm free, from under Yelina’s body and flipped open the phone, “Mclean” I answered, groggily.

“Mornin…there was another hit Mclean. Bernardo Rodriguez and his wife, also a drug trafficker, but…he was a rival to Osorio. I’m starting to think, they are killing each other off. It looks, like they were killed the same way, but I would appreciate it if you could…take a look. Just, to be sure.” the line went dead, as I tried to process, everything he had told me. I couldn’t understand, what the fuck was happening, but it was starting to sound like, a war was...or had already, broken out.

“I’ll be right there…” I finally answered and snapped my phone shut, then let out a groan. Now, I really like that they tend to need my expertise a lot. The only thing is that I’m pretty much on call, and they call me, at any time and no matter what or who, the hell I’m doing.

Sitting up, Yelina rubbed her eyes “Is everything alright Alex?” she asked, slipping back on, her pink nightie.

“Gotta go…” I told her, getting up and pulling on my boxers, I rummaged the closet and threw on a pair of black jeans, and my good old hoodie.

“Wait…take me, Alex! I want to come. Please.”

I tend to be an asshole, sometimes. I think you guys already know that. “I thought you did that already!” I smirked, stuffing my wallet in my pocket.

“Pig!! I promise I’ll stay in the car." she pouted, I hate when she does that, it gives me this nasty pang in the pit of my stomach. Because it reminds me, so damn much of the, kid. "Plus, you said someone, might be outsid! You know that I hate staying in this big house, at night. Please!” she gave me those puppy eyes. What is it with women, and the puppy eyes or sticking out their bottom lip? I‘m not sure, but it gets me every time.

Snatching the keys off the dresser, I let out a heavy sigh “Ok…fine, but, I swear Yelina, if you do anything like the past couple of times…I’m making you get on the bus and go to YOUR HOME!” I gave her, the signature evil eye as she jumped out the bed and flew to her room, to get dressed.

If you remember, when I asked the kid to stay in the car, she did, but then, got my ass kicked, by a wrestler. Well, Yelina made me rescue a litter of kittens...yes, kittens and keep them here. I didn't sleep for days, with all the fucking meowing, that went on. The worst one, was the day, she got nosy and decided to see a crime scene, yeah that didn't go, over well. She almost tucked herslef, in my pants, for a whole week. She was glued to me...it was fucking horrible!  

A couple of minutes later, as we made way to ‘beauty’ my mind was full of thoughts, I couldn’t understand, why or how such well known dealers, where dying. Mainly, who the hell could be killing them, and wanting a war to start between different, dealers. After a deep sigh, of confusion, we both hopped into my ’beauty’ and headed out, for yet, another investigation.

End Notes:
Hey ladies, hope you liked. I was wondering if there is anything in speciifc you guys would like to see...Alex go through. I've got most of this story worked out, but I'm curious to know your thoughts. Thank you very much for the R&R! *hugs*
Chapter 3 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Hey all, I was in a damn writing funk...couldn't write on anything. Thanks to Kris she got me out of it...yay! hope you like...I want the action to start already! Thanks ladies!

I was driving, but my mind wasn’t on the road. Was it weird, that now, I was trying to help, the police catch a hitman? A hitman…that I had figured out, wasn’t a man. Of course, only Yelina and I knew about this, she swore she had seen the female figure, and I had found a broken nail, which didn’t belong to the victim. I let out a sigh, and fixed my eyes on the rearview mirror, noticing a car tailgating me.

“Is it me, or has that car been behind us, since we left the scene?” I turned over to look, at a half asleep Yelina.

Her head snapped up, while my eyes reverted to the road, and back onto her. She rubbed her eyes, and twisted around to look out, the back window. “Yeah, I saw that car back there, it’s a…” she squinted eyes, “If I’m not mistaken, a limo or maybe a Lincoln” she turned around and looked at me “Are we in trouble?”

With a shrug, I turned to have my eyes meet with hers “Not that I know of, maybe it’s just my imagination.” I gave her a reassuring smile, but I knew damn well, that something wasn’t right. I tried to keep my eyes on the road, that didn’t really happen though, they always sneaked over to the mirrors. It was annoying, how many questions I had floating about in my mind, and the worst part was, that I had no fucking answers for them.

The crime scene, had been just like the last one, a man and a woman sniped, with sliced throats. The house had been ransacked, but nothing valuable had been taken. I was confused, and this time, I didn't have all the answers for Jenkins. Before I knew it, I was pulling into my driveway, and instantly I got the feeling, that something wasn‘t right. Quickly I hopped out, bent down and snatched my baby, from under my seat.

We were busy, looking around for the car that had been following us, but there wasn’t a car in sight.

“Maybe we were just being paranoid.” Yelina voiced, as she made way up to the front door, then came to a sudden halt. I was too busy looking around, I ended up crashing into her, “Or maybe not!” we both stared at the open door.

What the fuck was going on? “Wait here…” I protectively pulled her behind me, and aimed my baby, at the darkness. Slowly I crept inside and was taken aback, by the state my house was in.

Her gasp, brought me back to the moment, I couldn’t believe the disarray, my place was in. My blood was boiling with anger, and I felt, like someone had taken a punch to my gut. I looked around, the sliding door was broken, my couches were turned over, papers, CD’s, clothes were scattered everywhere. Obviously, someone was looking for something, specific. Hell, it almost looked like the recent crime scenes, with the exception, that I was still alive.

So, I did the only thing, I could think of. Without a word, I grabbed Yelina, pulling her back outside and into the car. "What's this all about Alex? Who would do that to you?" she was rambling, and not letting me concentrate, on my next task.

"Yelina, do me a favor and shut up!" I snapped, but that went unheard. Ignoring her, I flipped open my cell phone and called the closest police station, informing them about the break in, of my house. They told me that a squad car, would be out as soon as possible.

I was pretty pleased with the efficiency…they arrived about ten minutes later. A slender, man in a dark uniform, came strolling up, instantly Richardson in uniform, flashed through my mind. I shook the thought away, as I caught a glimpse of his partner tagging along, behind him. They held notepads in their hands, ready as they approached us. We greeted them, and lead them inside, recounting the events, of how I came home to find the damn place a god damn mess. All my shit, was new too. One of them looked around, while the other started in on the questioning, which I wasn’t looking forward too.

He cleared his throat “Do you have any idea, who may have done this?” he asked, flipping open the little notebook.

“Not a clue.“ I shook my head, knowing damn well, there was a hell of a lot of people that wanted to do something like this, or worse. My mind was racing with ideas, of any possible candidates, but honestly there were too damn many to list.

Writing down something, he asked another question “Do you have any idea of what they were looking for? Is anything missing?” he proceeded to stick the pen in his mouth and chewed it like a damn puppy.

I looked around my destroyed house and rolled my eyes slightly, trying really hard, not to lose my temper. I knew this was protocol, but I was irritated enough, to be asked, the usual stupid questions. “I don‘t have the slightest clue what the hell…anyone could be looking for…I don’t really have anything of value…” I looked around again, noticing, that maybe, I did have valuable shit, but it was all still there in pieces and scattered about. “Although, whatever valuables I DID have…are on the ground or broken.” I rubbed the back of my neck, scrunching my eyebrows, trying to think “I really don’t see anything missing, but it’s hard to tell in this mess, right now.”

“I understand your frustration, Mr. Mclean. Did you happen to see anyone unusual in the area, before you found the mess? Anyone walking around outside, that seemed out of place? Any unfamiliar cars driving around?” he lifted a brow, as he stared at me.

Was this guy fucking serious? I mean, if I saw anyone suspicious, you best bet, I would have kicked their ass, with no need of the police’s help. All I needed was a damn police report, and someone to secure the area…not to play a game of 20 god damn questions, with a fucking moron! “NO!” I stated simply, my voice was dripping with irritation.

It was a good fucking forty five minutes later, before they left. All that for a piece of paper and a ‘call us if anything else happens’. Nothing else is going to happen, cause I’m going to shoot the next motherfucker, that breaks into my house. Angrily I slammed the front door, and let my foot connect with a pile of papers, sending them flying all over the place. Yelina was nowhere in sight, she was probably off somewhere crying, like a damn baby. I began picking up random things, and decided to flip over my sofa…it landed back in place with a thud, and I plopped my ass on it. What was the point of picking anything up?

“Alex! Look at this…I found it on the kitchen counter!” Yelina came storming in, her heels clinked on the tile floor, with each of her steps. “I thought you said, no one knew you…when…” she held out a piece of paper and gave me a terrified look.

My stomach somersaulted, as I slowly took the piece of paper from her hands. I looked up at her and back down at the paper, and started unfolding it cautiously. I felt the room spin, as I read the four words and the name, that was used. "How...? Where did you find this?" My mind was racing. So much shit had happened, in a span of a couple of hours, and I wasn't sure how to take it all in. I looked at the note again and felt a chill run up and down my body. 'I'm watching you, Jack' I reread the note, to myself.

Right away, all my bad memories flooded my mind; my dad, Crystal, Greenville, my old job, Richardson and Don, whom I knew were dead. I couldn't understand, what the hell was happening? What was someone looking for? Who was this fucking someone, that obviously knew me? Was it someone from the old faction? A heartbroken loved one, from one of my targets? Fuck, I had no idea. Only six fucking months had gone by, and shit was starting to happen, all over again. Maybe, someone was playing a stupid joke on me. Who was I kidding, this was fucking real...and someone was looking for me or something, I obviously had.

"I thought you said...no one knew you by that name anymore? I'm scared...I mean...what if someone is out to kill you Alex?" she wrapped a hand around my wrist and shook me a bit. "ALEX!"

"GO HOME!!" I yelled, yanking my arm from her grip. I wrapped a hand aggressively around her upper arm and dragged her through the house.

She tried to fight me off, but I was too angry, for her to win. "Alex...no, you can't send me out there. Stop it!" I could see the fear in her eyes, as she held onto the doorframe, I spun around facing her and picked her up. I wasn't going to put her in danger, I wouldn't forgive myself, if I got someone else that I cared about, involved in my problems. Whoever did this, was obviously after me, not her. She was safe to go home, and that’s what she was going to do, even if I had to drag her ass to the car, stick her in the trunk and drive her there myself.

I didn't love her the way she wanted me too, but that didn't mean I didn't love her at all. Therefore, I wasn't about to let the only person, I had left and that took my shit, be in danger. There was no fucking way!

End Notes:
Hey love...I'm soo sorry that, your night ended up so bad, because of Jack and I. I hope your day is better. Thanks for getting me out of that funk, though. I know you worked hard last night, and lost it all...but I just couldn't stop. I hope you don't mind.
Chapter 4 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Hope you like!

A couple of days had gone by, ever since my place had been trashed. It took me hours, hell days to get everything back, to almost normal. Now I found myself sitting, at a dimly lit bar, having a smoke and…um…I had lost track of the number of jack and cokes. I couldn’t stop from wondering what Yelina was doing, if she was ok. I needed to know, and every time I tried calling her, I got her answering machine, or her fucking voicemail.

She hadn’t been so happy, after I stuffed her in the trunk, drove her home and carried her screaming ass up the stairs. Fuck, and I thought the kid, was stubborn. I just don’t learn, I should stay the hell away from women, in general.

I just can’t let, the same shit happen again, although my feelings for Yelina aren’t the same, as they were for the kid. There is no way I’m putting her in danger too. I took hold of the glass, and slammed back the last of my drink. Quickly I waved down, the foxy bartender and ordered another one. Just then, a caught a glimpse of a face in the far corner.

Squinting my eyes, I tried to get a better view, but the smoke and the lighting didn’t help me much. I could have sworn it was a woman, and she was looking directly at me. I laughed a bit, thinking the jack’s were getting to me already, the bartender placed my drink in front of me, and I thanked her with my signature smile.

“Compliments of the girl in the back…” she grinned and walked away.

I turned to look in the same direction, my eyes were so focused, on the empty seat, that I didn't see the figure walking toward me. Until, it passed me, like a blur. A hand softly brushed across my back, sending a wave of shivers, through me. I spun around a little too quickly, trying to see her, and lost my balance. I stumbled, as I started walking after her, catching only a glimpse of blonde hair, as she exited the building.

Holding on to anything in sight, I finally made it out the door, just to catch a cloud of dust and what I thought was…no, it couldn’t be. Holy fuck, it was my ‘sheeba’ flashing by, like a fucking bolt of lightning. I started to laugh, running a hand over my face, this was some shit, that’s what I get for drinking. Hallucinations. Suddenly all I wanted was to follow MY car, but I couldn’t even find my damn keys. I dug into my pockets, feeling nothing. Suddenly I felt somebody standing behind me, but when I turned no one was there. “What do you want?” I still slurred, out loud.

“You have something of ours…” I heard a husky voice, I whirled around, but once again, saw nothing. “Haven’t you lost enough…JACK!” He spoke my old name, followed by a mocking laugh.

A hot rush, ran through my whole body and I tried to force my eyes to see. No one called me, by that name anymore. “I don’t know what the fuck…you’re talking about!” I stated, feeling sober by the second.

“We want it back…by Monday at noon. I’ll call you to tell you were…” I finally spotted, the rather tall figure. Is it weird, that you sober up, when shit happens, at least I do.

My brows furrowed and I clenched my fist, into balls. I was pissed, being pushed around, is not my cup of tea…don’t laugh, Yelina taught me that lame ass phrase. “Fuck you and everyone else…I’m not doing shit. I don’t even know what the fuck you’re talking about, plus Jack is dead…”

He was in my face, before I could even react, his dark eyes boring into mine. “You don’t want to fuck with us, Jack. It would be a shame, for people to start getting hurt!”

Then it hit me. Was this the bastard that had, ransacked my fucking house? Anger coursed through my blood, and I was balling my fist so tight, I could feel an aching in my palms. “It was you…” without giving him a chance to move, I let him have my fist in the face. I watched him tumble to the ground, and realized, I wasn’t as sober as I thought, because I came tumbling right down with him.

His hands, went directly for my neck, and I chocked, feeling my air flow stop. My hands were flying everywhere, looking for something to defend myself, but it was just my damn luck, there was nothing in sight. While I struggled, I heard the clinking of my keys, hitting the pavement, my hands felt all over, searching for the damn things. Feeling the key ring, around my finger, I took them in my hand and felt for the longest one, which of course, was used to rev up ‘beauty’. With no hesitation, I drove the key into his left eye, with a loud yell, he instantly let me go and fell back against the wall.

On my hands and feet I scooted backwards, as far from him as I could, colliding with ‘beauty‘s‘ grille. Slowly I fumbled to my feet, watching as he squirmed around like a worm, yelling 'that I would be sorry’ I hopped into the car, and shoved the bloody key, into her ignition, and I sped the fuck out of there. What was I supposed to do now? Someone that knew me, as Jack, was still alive. I was wondering what the fuck, was it, that I supposedly had. I had not a damn clue, but it seemed they wanted it bad.

I sucked on my bloody lip, as I turned onto the familiar street, I had to know that she was ok. Even if she finished, beating me, or kicked me out. I had to know that she was ok. When you’re drunk, you believe you’re driving perfectly fine, but tonight I knew I was swerving in and out of traffic, and I was praying. Yes, I pray! That the cops wouldn’t pull my ass over, that’s all I needed, to explain my DUI , to Jenkins.

My body jolted as my ‘beauty's' tires, climbed on to the curb, but at this moment, I didn’t give a flying fuck. I stumbled out, and walked over to the building, pushing buttons and waiting for her to answer. I saw the main door cracked open, there’s only four apartments, and I don’t think the old people that occupy the place, are out partying at two in the fucking morning. Looking around, I crept in through the crack of the open door, everything was totally quiet, as I made way down the hall.

I could hear my breathing, and the loud thumping of my heart. I felt on myself, and realized I had left my protection, in the car. That was smart. The stairs creaked, with each of my steps, and my heart pounded even faster, the closer I got to the top floor. Then my heart sank, when I saw the open door, and I sprang up the last two stairs and down the hall. “Yelina!” I shouted, forgetting the old people.

Most of her things were intact, except for a couple of broken vases and frames. I could tell there had been a scuffle, all those crime scenes I had seen, were playing with my imagination. Every single type of death, was flashing through my mind. Would I find her on the bed? The floor? In the tub? “Yelina” I swallowed the lump in my throat, and ran my tongue over my dry lips.

I heard sniffling, as I looked around the room, and then I spotted her, in the far corner. Curled up into a ball, her knees against her chest, arms around her legs and her face buried in her legs. Slowly I walked over to her, and cautiously extended a hand to touch her. When she felt my fingers graze her skin, she jumped and let out a scream and swung her arms, in defense.

“Yelina…it’s me…baby it’s me!” I took a wrist and then the other in my hands, as she took in a deep breath and began to sob, giving into my strength. I knelt down, to her level, and ran a hand over her wavy hair “Hey…”

She looked up at me, and I almost fell back, as I saw her face. They had beaten her black and blue, and she was coated in blood. “They said…” she choked on her words, as her body began to tremble. “You have…something…they want it. They said…you should…give in…or next time…” her lips pressed into a frown and she let out another sob. “It will be…worse…”

I couldn’t help myself, I pulled her into my arms, and I swallowed the knot that was lodged up in my throat. I was angry, and saddened that I was allowing, another person that I cared about, get hurt. “It’s ok…” I breathed, caressing her hair “I wont let them hurt you again…I promise.” she held on tight to me, as the crying continued.

This was some serious shit, and I had no fucking clue, as to how I was part of it. I was trying to start a new life, a clean life and I was being fucked around with, once again. I wasn’t sure what the hell to do? As Jack, I would go on a fucking killing rampage. Then again who was I trying to kill?

As my new self, I was going to ignore this, and hopefully it was going to go away. Right? I didn’t know what they wanted, and most likely I didn’t have it. Someone from my past, was just playing stupid games with my mind. With my girl, and my new life. Shit…what if they were serious…

My thoughts were broken by the sound of my phone, announcing an unknown call. Instinct kicked in and I fumbled to answer the damn thing. “Mclean” I stated, shakily.

The familiar mocking laugh, flowed through the line “I told you not to fuck with us…she’s right…next time it will be worse…” my grip tightened on the phone, as I realized, that this was fucking serious.

Chapter 5 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
By the way thank you all for the reviews. I promise as soon as I get catched up. I will reply to my reveiws, wouldnt' want you guys to think I don't appreciate them. lol

“Wow the place looks like new!” Yelina piped as we made way through the living room, her eyes were darting all over the place.

I couldn’t help my gaze, from falling upon her. Her bottom lip was cut, she had a black eye, a large purple mark, that covered most of the right side of her face. It hurt to see her like that, and all because of me.

Carefully she laid down on her bed, and I helped her get comfortable. After, a couple of moans and groans, she eased up on the pillows and laid there, staring at me. “You’re going to give them what they want, right Alex?”

I took a seat next to her, and ran my hands through her hair, “I don’t know what they want.” I shrugged, and saw the look of…I could call it horror, on her face. “Look, don’t worry…you’re going to stay here with me. Till all this shit is over! I wont let them hurt you again, alright?” it wasn’t too hard, to put up a front, I wasn’t sure what the hell I was going to do. If I could even, keep her safe anymore.

“Alex, I don’t think it’s me they are going to hurt next. It will be someone or something, way more important to you…”

CRYSTAL…was the first, thought in my mind. That was the most valuable thing to me. “There were two men and a woman, she was blonde, with a soft voice. She sounded pretty pissed about something, but I was laying there half dead, I couldn’t hear it all. I’m sorry!” she caressed my arm, with her hand.

I stood up, not wanting to get anymore details, there was enough shit, clogging my fucking mind. I didn’t need anymore. “Well why don’t you get some rest. I will be in my room.” I gave her a soft smile, and pressed my lips against her forehead.

My head was throbbing by the time, I got to my room. It was almost three in the morning, and I wasn’t close to being sleepy, it would just be, another day of no sleep. I let myself fall onto my bed, sprawled out, there was so much on my mind, that I couldn’t even think fucking straight.

I was angry that Yelina, had been hurt, and meanwhile my stupid ass, was busy getting fucked up.

There hadn’t been not one call from Jenkins, in the past couple of days, and I was starting to wonder why. Was I not needed, or where there no more murders going on? If either one was the case, what the fuck was going on, I had been called at least three times out of the week, before all this started happening.

Then there were these people, who I had no fucking clue, as to who they were, or what they wanted. I mean, at first I had imagined, they were part of Don’s clan, maybe seeking, revenge for their boss. I had also contemplated, the possibility of them being, an old targets family, also seeking some type of payback.

Now, I had found out that, one of them, was a woman, and she was blonde. Instantly the memory of, watching my old Sheeba zoom out of the parking lot, flashed through my mind. I was praying that I was wrong, that I was being an asshole, for even thinking, that she would be capable of doing such things. Anyways, she didn’t even know I was alive, according to her I was six feet under, somewhere.

“Shit” I muttered, as I sat back up, there was no point, in sitting here trying to guess, I had to find this shit that they wanted. My dad had to have something, that belonged to these fuckers, something so important, they were starting to hurt people. Whatever it was that they were looking for, was somewhere in this house and I had to find it, before they caused more damage. Quickly forgetting the time, I put myself to work, looking through every cabinet, folder, box, anything that had older papers in it, that could belong to my dad.

There was a buzzing, a really weird song playing, then more buzzing. I opened my eyes, and realized I was sitting in a chair, with my face resting on my kitchen table, I had a fucking mess of papers, all over it and the floor. “Fuck…” I mumbled, fumbling for the phone “Mclean” I answered, and only heard breathing on the other line. Here we go again, I thought quickly.

“Hey Mclean, sorry I haven’t called you. I was on a special assignment, and well to tell you the truth, nothing fishy had happened, till today. You wouldn’t mind coming down to 1383 Ocean Drive, number 123 would you?” he sounded a bit bothered and I jumped to the conclusion, that it must have been, the scene, he was at.

“Of course not! I’ll be right there…” I snapped the phone, and let out a sigh of relief. Hurriedly I rushed, to the bathroom, hopped in the shower and brushed my teeth. Then, rummaged through my closet for a clean pair of jeans, and a clean white shirt. Once I was nice and fresh, I went to check up on Yelina. “Hey there…” I gave her a smile.

I was surprised to find her, all dressed up too. It might be the dog in me, but although she was a bit bruised up, she was looking hot, in the tiny purple dress, she had thrown on. “Hey! I thought you might have work today, I wasn’t sure.” she giggled nervously, “I hope you don’t mind, if I tag along. I promise not to make any noise, or get out of the car.” she gave me a cheesy grin.

There wasn’t any need to, do all that, I had planned on taking her with me, with or without the theatrics. “No problem. If you’re all set, we can head out.” I gave her a hand off the bed, and she limped her way through the house and to the car.

We were at Ocean Drive in a flash, I couldn’t wait to see what was in store for me today. The place was buzzing with police cruisers and even an ambulance. I’m not sure, why all these rich guys, tend to live in high buildings. Before, I could step foot out of the car, Jenkin’s was leaning into my window “Hey there kid…holy shit Yelina! Are you alright?” he inspected her, and then looked over at me.

I grinned “It wasn’t me…I know you’re cop instincts…I’d never lay a hand on her.” I turned to look at Yelina, who was turning a shade of pink, with embarrassment.

“My place got robbed, and unfortunately I was in it, at the time. I’m ok though, just a bunch of cuts, and bruises.” she gave him a weak smile, and proceeded to look out the window. I couldn’t imagine, what she was thinking about at the moment, or why she was so damn embarrassed, in the first place.

I cleared my throat and hopped out of the car. “Be back in a bit…” I leaned in and gave her a nod. She smiled and continued to stare out the window.

I walked side by side with Jenkins, as he filled me in with all the details about the crime scene. “Edgardo Pared…he’s not one of the main men, but he was second in command. The weird thing about this one, is that the woman survived.” he pointed, in front of us. A brunette was leaning against a glass table, as her arms flew all over the place. She kept talking in Spanish, and from what I could understand, she was cussing us out. Ignoring her, just like I do, Yelina when she‘s in those Cuban moods. I made way over to the dead man, leaning over the couch, there was blood all over the place. Pulling on my gloves, I noticed that this one was sloppy…carefully I turned him to face me, and instinctively stumbled back when I saw his eyes wide open. Fucker!

I continued my inspection, while my ears were busy listening in on the interview. Her accent was heavy, but I guess I was used to it, cause I understood everything she said, and I didn’t like it. Once again, there was a blonde mentioned, but she didn’t say, that she was the killer. Just, that she had appeared out of nowhere, and had been in a scuffle with another person that was in the house. Then Jenkins asked the million dollar question ‘Why hadn’t the person killed her?’ she shrugged.

Jenkins looked up at me, as I stood up straight, and started to cough. I couldn’t believe what I was hearing, the blonde had saved her, by killing the man. Were there two blondes? Maybe with all the trauma of what happened, Crys had acquired multiple personalities? That was possible…ok, who was I kidding.

“You got some ideas Alex?” Jenkins startled me, when his hand made contact with my shoulder. “Looking a bit pale there!”

Clearing my throat, I laughed “No, it’s just odd, that a woman is doing all this…that’s all.” I was trying hard to keep a straight face, and keep my mind on the task at hand. I hadn’t found out anything, that they didn’t already know.

“Alex…this is obviously not the same person. To many differences in the scene. The man is the only one dead…it took two shots for him to go down…close shots! Then the person lets the woman live, when they killed the other two. It’s not making any sense.” he shook his head, and let out a deep sigh. For a second I forgot about what I was doing, and had a vision of my father helping out Jenkins, they must have worked great together. He hadn't made detective, for nothing. I wish I was that fucking clever. Damn it!

I shook my thoughts away, this wasn’t about me and my memories. This was about cracking this case, that was starting to involve me. I wanted this shit to be over, there was an idea brewing in my mind. There was only a couple of ways that I could figure out, if this was indeed my blonde. I mean…Crys. Maybe she was being a good girl, sitting in class and here I was being a fucking asshole, thinking she was murdering people.

After what felt like forever I hopped into the car, startling Yelina. “Sorry…” I muttered, revving up the engine, and hauling ass out of there.

“Let me guess…things didn’t go so well.” she placed a hand on my knee.

“Fuck no, just more shit to think about…” I ran a hand through my hair and let out a sigh. How had things changed from one week, to the other? I had not the damnest clue, but I wasn't going to give in to these bastards.

I hadn't noticed, that I was speeding, or that Ocean Drive wasn't so far from my own house. Just as I was rounding the corner, I was blinded by some high beams and all I heard was the skidding of my tires.

Chapter 6 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Sorry for the long wait. You know how writers block is...thank you so much for keeping up with Jack...I LOVE AND APPRECIATE all the reviews. *hugs*

All I remembered, as I sat there, staring at Yelina’s terrified eyes, was that something had hit my fucking car. I had lost control and almost slammed into, another god damn tree. “Are you alright?” I gave Yelina a pat on the leg, and she gave me a silent nod. I was in a rage, so I hopped out of the car and stormed over to the truck, in the middle of the road.

A goofy looking guy was standing outside, I could tell he was shaking, as I approached him. “Look…uh…man…” he stuttered already putting his hands up.

Turning around to look at the massive dent in my car, I pursed my lips in anger and muttered “Holy fuck, You fucked up my car.” Then, instantly swung my arm, only hearing the crunching sound of my fist, connecting with his jaw.

He instantly fell back, on his ass, and sat there looking at me in horror. “I told you I didn’t do it, man.” He cried, moving his jaw from side to side.

I didn’t give a fuck, what he was saying at the moment, all I knew was that my car, had a fucking dent in it. Then, I heard a really high pitched scream, and when I turned around, all I saw were stars.

My name was being called out in the distance, and it was getting louder and louder, by the second. “Alex…Alex. Are you alright?” I snapped my eyes open, and looked around.

“What the fuck happened.” I asked, trying to put my jaw back in place.

Yelina bit the side of her lip, as she looked up at the woman in front of me. “I’m sorry, but you assaulted my husband, and I don’t know what came over me.” Holy fuck, a woman had hit me. What has my life come to? With a deep and irritated sigh, I got up, and dusted myself off.

“Look man, I told you I didn’t hit your car. I just came to a stop, when I saw the other car hit you?” his arms were crossed now, and he was protectively standing next to his wife. “There were two cars behind you, then all of a sudden, one cut off the other and I saw the nice old car, hit your side and continue it‘s way. I thought I would stop to see if you guys were ok?” He glared at me.

I felt like an asshole, but I have my reasons, to believe that everyone and their fucking momma is out to get me, lately. I stormed over to my beauty, and ran my hand over her dent. Fuck, that hurt! Who the hell hit me, and why? Yelina walked over to me, and I watched the truck drive off. “I can not believe you…are you so stupid?” she smacked my arm, her brows furrowed, and her lips pursed.

I wanted to laugh, the word “stupid” coming out of her mouth, is the funniest shit…no…wait it’s probably “Asshole” now, that’s the funniest shit. Then I realized, that her voice, was still going a mile a minute. My eyes, slowly rolled up to look at her, I was pissed and seriously not in the mood to hear her, fucking voice, echoing in my ear. “Just shut up…alright, this really sucks, and hearing your voice in my mind…isn’t helping.” That went well…very smooth Alex.

There were the tears, brimming from her eyes, and her teeth were clamping the corner of her lip. I knew she was fighting them back, and right away, I felt like a bigger asshole. “Look I’m…”

With a scowl on her face, she raised her hand, to stop me “Don’t even…lets go.” without another word, we both got back into the car, which sounded like a god damn tractor. The rest of the drive was extremely quiet, with exception of the phone call, from Jenkins. I was wondering what he needed me at the office for, I guess I would find out, once I got there.

There was guilt brewing in the pit of my stomach, I tend to be a fucking asshole with her sometimes, she gets the bad end of everything. I wanted to apologize, but I didn’t. You know, how I am, when it comes to shit like that.

There was a commotion going on in the station, there were people walking around everywhere, voices were high and someone was in interrogation. I walked past everything, not giving a fuck. I just wanted to get this conversation with Jenkins over with, so I could go home and pass the fuck out. Yelina stayed behind, I got a glimpse of her sitting on a bench, near the main entrance. She must really be pissed.

As soon as I walked in, Jenkins was yapping a mile a minute. “We found a blonde, she just had a hit and run, the car must be stolen. It’s not under her name. Her prints match the last crime scenes…it’s a damn mess…” he continued on.

My brain was to focused on the hit and run. It could have been, the damn lunatic that had clipped my car. “Um…you said it was a blonde…”

He nodded “Yeah, but that’s not what I called you here for. Listen, I have to go out of town, I was wondering if you could keep an eye on the family, for me?” he was looking at me dead serious.

Why would he trust me to watch his family? I haven’t the slightest idea, but I sure as hell, wasn’t going to say, no. “Uh…no problem…I’ll check up on them.” I gave him a reassuring smile, as we both exited his office. The commotion was still going on outside, an officer was obviously manhandling a petite blonde, but she was surely putting up a fight.

Jenkins chuckled and then bellowed “Peterson, let go of Miss Richardson…”

The name hit me, right in the gut, if I wouldn’t have known it was just a feeling, I would have bent over in pain. My mouth fell open, as my eyes met with the familiar blue eyes, I had longed so much, to see, again. “Holy fuck!” I muttered.

I narrowed my eyes, as we approached them. Peterson had let go of her, and now she was just standing there, her gaze locked on the floor. I came to a stop, only a foot or so away. Leaning forward a little, to get a good look at her, I whispered “Crystal?!?” Not believing my eyes, my hand rose slightly, wanting to touch her and make sure I wasn’t imagining this. I felt like time stood still. I didn’t hear anyone talking. I didn‘t see everyone that was around me. Just her.

“Alex…” Jenkins clapped his hand on my shoulder, bringing me out of my thoughts, and my hand dropped to my side. “You remember me telling you about your father’s partner, and best friend, Kevin Richardson? Well…this is his daughter.” I licked my lips, nodding my head, my gaze burning into her. What the fuck was she doing here? She was staring right back at me, and I could recognize the look on her face, as her exyes scanned me up and down. It was, as if she couldn't believe that I was standing there. "Miss Richardson, the car you state is yours, belongs to a Jack D. It's not even, under your name." the information, coming out of Jenkins mouth, brought me back to the present.

Our eyes met once again, as she let out a frustrated sigh "How many times, do I have to tell you...that...he's..." her eyes glazed over, if I wasn't mistaken, she was about to burst into tears. "...he's dead. He died six months ago." her eyes narrowed, and she moved her gaze down to the floor.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” I didn’t mean to be so harsh…it just came out that way...I guess some habits never die. Damn it, Alex, you’re letting her get to you, again. Her gaze lifted, and her eyes met mine, again. Remember that stupid fluttery feeling I used to get, when I was on that ranch…yeah…well that shit is back. Looking into her eyes, I saw a wide range of emotions…oddly enough, they were really damn close, to mirroring mine.

“I was…well…I um…” Her eyes darted, around the room, avoiding me.

“Oh…so you two have met?” Jenkins chuckled, looking from me, to her, and back. “Well, like I was saying, Alex, Miss Richardson was involved in a hit and run…” His talking became muffled, for a moment, as my thoughts clicked. “We picked her up at her apartment, down on Severna, for questioning.” Apartment?!? Was he fucking serious? That means she’s been lurking around, for a while. She was supposed to be off, in college, getting her education…but, no…here she was cuffed, like a damn criminal. Plus, she fucked up Beauty!

“You hit my car…my Beauty…she’s got a fucking dent!” My brows furrowed, not just in anger, but so much more. They don’t question people, over a hit and run.

“That is so typical…you always think about the damn car.” She glared at me, her voice much colder than I expected. “I see some things don’t change…like you being an assho…”

Jenkins cleared his throat, making both of us look his way. “Alex...we don’t have enough evidence to keep Miss Richardson, in custody and since she is a suspect…” he gave Crystal a serious look, “…in a murder. Since I am going out of town, and you two already know each other...I am going to need her to stay with you, until I get back. I can’t risk her skipping town.”

“Excuse me, sir…” Crystal’s voice had returned to its normal polite, warmness, as she met his gaze. “I can just stay in jail. Really. I wouldn’t want to impose on Alex and…” Rolling her eyes, she tilted her head, looking at me. “…his GIRLfriend.”

What the fuck? How did she know about Yelina? "Wait a damn minute...how do you know about that?" I questioned, with furrowed brows. She had better get prepared, cause if they hadn't questioned her ass, yet. I was sure to do it. "She is not..."

"I'm not his girlfriend." Yelina's voice, interrupted me. I quickly turned to find her, standing against a desk, her arms crossed and a scowl on her face. "He's a good friend..." she gave me a menacing glare. "when he wants to be." Crystal gave her a smile, that I could tell was forced, as the officers took her to finish her paperwork. My eyes followed her till she disappeared. "Wow...she's beautiful, I see why you are so head over heels." Yelina let out a soft sigh.

"I am not!" I defended, but seriously, who the fuck was I kidding. Definitely, not Yelina. "I can't believe she's been here the whole time..." I voiced, it had been intended to be a mental thought. The buzzing of my phone, startled me, and I quickly reached to answer it "Mclean!"

"You didn't think we were done with you, did you?” I felt the muscles in my face tighten, and hot rush run through me. No lie, I had totally forgotten about these bastards.

“What the fuck do you want?” I muttered, looking around for anyone, on a cell phone. “I’m really getting tired of your…”

“Shut the fuck up!! I’m the one doing the talking here!” the voice demanded angrily. “I noticed the cute little blonde!” there was a mocking laughter on the line.

It dawned on me, that I was being watched again. That I didn’t even know who this person was, or how long they had been keeping an eye on me. Now, they knew Crystal was here. “I’m not really into fucking games…just come out and tell me what you want.” I was trying really hard, to keep my cool and not yell.

“Beatin the latin girl was pretty fun. I get kicks out of hearing girls scream!” the laughter filled the line again, and my grip on the phone tightened. “I wonder what the blonde would sound like? You got to many females on your hands…Jack!”

“Why don’t you just fuck off…I don’t have shit of yours already…so leave me the fuck alone.” I snapped back, between clenched teeth.

There was heavy breathing, “Have it your way, Jack. I just know you have to give in…at some point…”

I still held the phone to my ear, even when I heard the line go dead. I watched Crystal and Yelina approach me, finally slipping the phone back into my pocket, I looked at one and then the other. This was going to be, interesting. With a sigh I motioned towards the door “Let’s go…”

“Is everything alright?” Yelina asked, trying to read my expressions, as we made way towards the glass doors.

Crystal looked up at me at the same time and frowned “Obviously not…your brows are furrowed, and you have that confused look on your face.” I looked at her, a bit baffled, at her evaluation of me. She didn’t know me anymore? Did she?

“I’m good…” I did a double take, staring through the glass doors, at my old baby. She was still as sleek and shiny…and dented, her whole front side and fender were smashed in. “Look what you did…” I stated, as we swung the doors open. “You killed her…” I glared at the kid, taking a swim in her blue eyes.

She rolled her eyes, “The thing is still fine and running…it’s still in…”

Her words were cut off, by a thundering blast of heat, that sent all three of us flying in different directions. When I opened my eyes, I found Yelina looking around disoriented, next to me. I looked around for Crystal, but didn’t see her, anywhere. “Crystal!!” I shouted, feeling a burning sensation on my face and arms. I ignored it, and carefully stood to my feet, looking at the shattered glass door to the station, people scrambling around, and the debris that floated about in the air.

“I‘m around you for one day…and I‘m already in danger.” She crawled out, from behind a car, extending her hand for help.

I sighed, with relief, my girls were ok. I was ok. Too fucking bad, I couldn‘t say the same shit for Sheeba. She was up in flames, along with any cars, that had been close to her. My phone buzzed in my pocket, angrily I stuffed my hand in to retreive it and took it in my hand. “Mclean” I announced, already aware of who it could be.

“What about now Jack? I heard you loved that car." the laughter, was really getting on my fucking nerves. "Two down...three to go Jack. I can play this fucking game all fucking day. SO STOP FUCKING WITH ME AND GIVE ME WHAT I WANT...JACK!" the line clicked.

I was temped to fling the phone into the fire, but I knew they would only find my new phone number, too. Why had he said two down, and three to go? What the hell did that mean? I started counting the females in my life...Crystal...Yelina...Sheeba...Beauty...who the hell was the fifth? I was fucking confused.

Chapter 7 by kevmylove

I couldn’t believe we were already inside the house, no one had uttered a word the whole drive home. Not only, was I feeling awkward, but I was full of questions for the kid and although, she was standing in front of me I still couldn’t believe it. She had always been on my mind, and even though I hate to admit it, in my heart.

We all stood in the living room, looking around, unable to speak to each other. “Um…let me get you something to wear.” Yelina piped up, forcing a grin, Crystals way. “I can imagine that you would like to clean up. Actually, I can show you to your room.” she turned to look my way, like she needed a nod, to make sure it was all good with me.

I gave her the nod, and cleared my throat, I couldn’t believe how tensed up I was. It felt so hard, to even open my mouth to say anything, but I did it anyway. “Yeah, that would be nice. I’m gonna go clean up, too.” All I could do, was imagine them bitching at each other, as soon as I disappeared, but kept walking down the hall and into my room. A nice warm bath would do me the trick, it always did.

As I stood under the spurting water, my mind was spinning out of control. My car, that I thought was lost, had been blown to pieces. I hadn’t gone crazy, the blonde I always saw was her, but what was really killing me, was the thought of her being part of the crimes. There was no way I could see her, as a killer. No way in hell.

Then, there were these fucking goons that wouldn’t leave me alone. What did they want from me? What the hell did I have of theirs? I had searched every corner of my house, and there wasn’t a damn thing, that I could make to be theirs. All I could think about, was to keep the girls close to me, and just ignore these bastards. They had beaten Yelina, and now blown up my car, in front of the god damn police station, but I still didn’t feel like giving into them.

The question was, what the hell would be next? My house. Me. All of us.

After my long hot shower, I jumped into some clean clothes and headed into the living room. When I didn’t see a soul, I decided to check on the kid. I felt, it was the least, I could do. My house is pretty weird, I have three bedrooms, but two of them are right next to each other. Then I have an extra room, which I can imagine is the master bedroom, because it takes up the entire second floor, but I‘m not the type to go up and down no stairs, so it‘s just for looks.

Carefully I took each step, reciting in my head, what the hell I would say. Did I mention there is no door. Just, as I made it to the last step, my eyes were instantly glued on her bareback. The scene, sent a rush of heat, throughout my body, and that one night, flashed through my mind. Then I realized, that I looked like a pervert and if she were to suddenly turn around, it wouldn’t end very good.

I cleared my throat, making her spin around instantly, “You scared me!” she muttered, pulling down the top as far down, as it would go. I couldn’t help the smirk on my face, if the outfit was from Yelina, there was no way, she could keep from showing all that skin. “Everything is so small.” she gave me a sheepish grin, as she covered her exposed belly.

“Well this is West Palm Beach.” I shrugged, unable to keep my eyes off her half covered body.

She gave me a nod, and looked up into my eyes. God damn feeling was back, full force, I almost felt like hurling all over the place. “I didn’t do anything,” she mumbled, as her gaze fell to the floor, “I just came to…” she pulled on the hem of the shirt, and bit her lip. “It doesn’t matter, somehow I ended up here….”

I had to remind myself, that I was angry at her, for making me believe that this whole time, she was in school. Instead, she was busy driving my car, moving from state to state, taking self defense classes, and buying weapons. “You were supposed to be in school. That’s what you told me, you wanted to do with yourself. Remember?”

She rolled her eyes, “Of course I remember…Jack.”

Hearing that name, come out of her mouth, sent me right back to those days. Although, everything had ended really fucked up. I missed the earlier days, the ones where I spent every waking moment with her. This was really aggravating me, I couldn’t believe I was getting myself worked up, over this kid again. “My name isn’t Jack…It’s Alex.”

“Right!” she gave me a glare. “I forgot everything changed for, you. Well, except your wardrobe.”

I was trying to retain myself, to hold back and not give a shit, but I just couldn’t. Before I knew it, I had a grip on her upper arm, and I was pressing her against the dresser. “I want to know what the hell you’re doing here? I want to know, now.” I stated, aggressively.

She was no longer that timid girl, I knew. “I don‘t have to tell you shit, ALEX! What the hell do you care what I‘m doing here, anyways?” Our faces were inches away, her blue eyes were boring into mine, and her lips were pinched in anger. “Why are you so angry? Did I interrupt your new life?”

I leaned in closer, to where our noses were touching, and I could feel her breath against my lips. “You don’t know shit about me…” As I inched closer, she didn’t look away, I could almost see the old yearning look in her eyes. And I wondered if she could see it, in mine? Fuck, I was dying to do it, to kiss her, but I wouldn’t give into her, not this time. “…anymore.” I whispered.

We stood there, staring at each other angrily, for a couple of minutes, until Yelina’s voice broke up our staring match. “Oh…I’m sorry…”

I snapped my head around, and instantly saw, the pain in her eyes. What the fuck was I going to do, with these two women? My grip loosened on Crystal’s hand, and she finished yanking her arm away. “Thanks for the clothes.” she tried breaking the awkward silence.

“Sure…” Yelina answered, making way back down the stairs.

I turned to follow her “Could you take me to my apartment, so I can get my things? Please?” Crystal asked me, almost in a whisper.

“Yeah, we can go now.” I stated, making way down the stairs. Yelina was in the kitchen, sipping on a fresh cup of coffee. “Hey…” that was all I could say, I knew how she was feeling and even though I had never promised her anything. I couldn’t stop from feeling guilty. “We are going to the kids house, she has to get some things.” I informed her, heading to my room.

We were at the apartment, in less than twenty minutes. I wondered how long she had been living here, twenty fucking minutes away from me? I felt like such, a damn fool. We entered the corridor and walked down to the elevator, lucky for us, the damn thing was out of order. So we quietly strolled up the two flights of stairs and down the hallway. This was not, the way I imagined her living. There was loud music playing from someone’s apartment, children crying and running around like animals, the place looked like shit.

She unlocked the door, and we all trailed in, looking at the empty apartment. “You don’t have furniture.” Yelina stated, the obvious. “How long have you lived here?” I knew she wasn’t asking for my sake, but just cause she was damn nosey.

“I’ve only been here, two weeks.” she stated, giving me a deadly glare. “It’s not what I’m used to, but sometimes shitholes, can bring good things.” after her statement, which was intended to wound me. She began to cram random things into a bag. Looking around, I could tell there wasn’t much, for her to pack and then it hit me, all her things, must have been in the car.

“Um…actually, most of my things where in the car.” she shrugged, and mumbled something to herself, as she finished up.

Then suddenly, I became aware, that there was no longer any music playing, babies crying or children running a muck, in the hall. “Hurry up.” I rushed her, and I got a glare from her. There was no way, I could carry two women on my back, while being shot at, so she was going to have to hurry the fuck up. “I’m serious Crystal.” I raised a brow.

With a roll of her eyes, she flung the bag over her shoulder, then snapped at me, “I’m done, are you happy?” and swung the door open, just to have a bullet zip right at her head. She let out a scream, as she ducked to the floor.

“Shit!” I muttered, and took a couple of steps towards the door, carefully I peeked out and noticed a suited man, at the end of the hallway. He got a glimpse of me, and began shooting aimlessly, as he charged down the hall, right towards us. “Fuck, we have to go, through the fire escape.” I slammed the door shut, and fastened all three locks “COME ON!” I yelled at both of them, that were still standing in place.

I couldn’t work out a plan in my head, on how I was going to try and keep two women safe, at the same damn time. I began to unlock the window, when suddenly the door flew open, and both women let out screams. I instantly looked up, and caught a fist right in the jaw. Motherfucker! I stumbled back, crashing into the wall, the suited guy took advantage, and kicked me right in the gut. I bent over, trying to catch my breath, and got a boot to the face. Son of a bitch!

He then turned around towards the girls, as I tried to get up onto my feet. Both girls were looking at each other, a bit terrified, which made me get my ass in gear and up off the floor. Once he started after them, I jumped onto his back, and secured my arms, tightly around his neck. The bastard was bucking like a wild horse, smashing me into the wall, every chance he could. I felt for my gun, and realized I had left it in the car. Damn it! "Win...dow...NOW!" I tried yelling, but it came out more like a grumble.

Just as I gave up and let go, crumpling to the floor, Yelina came crashing into him, but he didn't even flinch. Instead he grabbed her by the throat, and lifted her up off the floor. She was gasping for air, trying to pry his tight hands from her throat. I thought about my last target, the teacher, even though it had been seven months ago, it felt fresh in my mind and I felt horrible about it.

Now he was slowly walking towards Crystal, as she moved towards the kitchen. I was hoping she was smart enough, to get something to defend herself. I was on my feet, holding onto the wall, when I saw her back hit the counter, and he grabbed hold of her by the shirt. Her hands were feeling all over aimlessly, as he yanked her forward, I slowly made way after him, I felt every inch of my body pulsing with pain. Never knew being sandwhiched between a wall and a big fucker, could be so painful.

Then I heard a piercing scream fill the air. Holy shit! All I could see was Crystal under the big guy, and Yelina sitting against the counter coughing, for air. "Crystal!! Crystal!!" My heart was racing as I reached the threesome, the big guy wasn't moving.

"Get him...off...me! I can't...breath." she complained, making the effort to push him off.

I bent down, and put whatever strength I had into pushing him off. He rolled over, and I could tell he was still breathing. "What the hell did you do to him?" I questioned, raising a brow. "He screamed like a bitch!"

She stood up and saw the blood on her hands "Gross!" she wiped them on her pants, like it was nothing. "I just...stabbed him in the balls. The bastard." she kicked him, then walked over his body, to aid Yelina.

The woman has gone mad. I knew they were still there, and that they weren't harmed, but I had to make sure. I placed a hand over my own balls, thenlet out a sigh of relief. "Remind me not to piss you off." I muttered, as both women approached me. 

"I would never do that to you, although, there have been plenty of times you've deserved it." she gave me a glare, picking up her bag. We all started out the door... 

Yelina turned back "Wait...you...your not going to kill him?" she looked at me, still feeling on her throat, that had turned red. "You're going to just leave him there."

I hadn't killed anyone by choice, in a while and in a way I really wanted to keep it that way. Then again, he must have been one of the bastards that had beaten her black and blue and he had tried to hurt both of them, this time. I was standing there, like some fucking softie, just staring at the guy, that would be waking up. Think Alexander...think.

"No, I think we are going to let him show up with his boss, you know..." I wasn't thinking fast enough, the two women were looking at me funny. "Hell, he might just bleed to death...that's a PREEETTY sensetive area you know. Let's go." I demanded, walking ahead of them.

I knew  they were calling me a 'pussy' in their minds. But I was more worried that this was going to piss, whoever the hell kept calling me off, even more. Things were definately going to get uglier, but I wasn't giving in, just yet. Fuck no!

Chapter 8 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
I apologize ahead of time for any and all typos...my computer was acting up. But this is the last update for a while...so I really wanted to post. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

It was dark out, when we were heading back home and miraculously the two women were yapping back and forth about the whole incident. There wasn’t much I could throw into the conversation, because I hadn’t really done anything, but get my ass kicked around. Damn! I’m really getting soft, I should have gone back in there and shot him in the head, that‘s what he deserved. Instead my dumbass, opted to walk away and make this worse.

Their yapping was really getting to my head, it was starting to pound like a motherfucker, and my neck was feeling sore. Not to mention the lump on my cheek, was growing by the minute. I wouldn’t have been surprised if I was looking like Yelina, right about now. We pulled into my driveway, and I quickly exited and headed into the house.

“You guys want to eat…I’ll make something.” Yelina asked, as we all met in the kitchen. Like a fucking mother hen, she started taking out pots and pans, and looking around for something to make.

I stood there, running my tongue over the cut on my lip. Have I mentioned, I hate the coppery taste of blood. My eyes were on the kid, she seemed uncomfortable, unsure of what to do or say. “Um…do you need some help?” she questioned, leaning against the counter, giving me a glance.

Even though it was a bit weird to me, I was happy that the two women weren’t pulling their hair out. Although it would have been sexy as hell, to see two women going at it, just for me. My dirty thoughts were interrupted by a hand on my cheek. “Do you need me to help you clean that up?” Yelina asked, looking at me with concern.

My eyes traveled over to the kid, who had stopped what she was doing, and was looking at us from the corner of her eye. “Um…no…I’m ok. I’m just going…” I started walking backwards. Talk about fucking awkward. I almost ran to my room, and once I was in there I slammed the door, and sat on the edge of my bed. I ran my hands over my face and into my hair, this was it, I was going to go crazy. I never knew that handling two women, was so complicated. The sad part, was that I wasn’t even screwing either one of them…well not anymore.

I decided that laying down and staring at the wall, would help me put my thoughts in order, and boy was I wrong. My head was pounding, and I just couldn’t come up with a plan, on how to get rid of these bastards after me. I looked over at my phone on my nightstand, and wondered why they hadn’t stalked me today. A knock at my door, made me almost jump out of my skin. I hate being jumpy, it’s not my thing.fiit yhjh.

“Come in…” I hollered, not moving from my spot.

I heard the footsteps as someone entered my room, and instantly the familiar scent, took over my room and my nose. “Um…hi. I thought…you might need these things. Since you forgot them…”

I snapped my head up and used my elbows for support. “Oh hey…thanks.” I gave her a smile, as I watched her put down a bottle of alcohol, some gauze and rag.

She stood there, staring at me. “Would you like me to help you?” she asked shyly.

There was no way, I would tell HER no “Sure…” I mumbled, sitting up. There was a knot in my throat, and an even bigger one in my stomach. I watched her as she bent down, and crawled in between my legs. I swallowed hard, and tried to control my need to touch her.

“Are you still as whiney?” she giggled, taking the rag and dabbing it with alcohol. Damn, that’s going to hurt! Carefully she brought the rag up to my face, and held it up towards my cheek, her blue eyes met with mine, and we froze for a couple of seconds.

I felt like I was floating, my head didn’t hurt anymore, but I could hear my heart thumping in my ears, as I watched her face getting closer. “HOLY FUCK, WOMAN” she flinched, falling back on her ass. God damn it. That shit stung like a bitch.

“I see you are…still whiney. Of course it’s going to sting, you have a huge gash on your cheek. Now shut up…” she got back on her knees and started laughing.

This wasn’t funny to me, it fucking hurt. I was starting to wonder, why I was the one always getting my ass beat. “It’s not funny…that shit hurt.”

She gave me a grin, that gave me a flutter in my stomach. Then traced my swollen cheek with her index finger. The urge to pull her into my arms was growing with every passing second. “I’m sorry…” I was looking straight into her eyes, as her face moved towards mine, slowly. “You…made me think you were dead!” she whispered, breaking our eye contact.

Putting my hands on he forearms, I was quick to respond, “I…I thought that was the best for you. You had goals and a plan for your life. I didn’t want to ruin them.”

Suddenly, the door swung open, and there stood Yelina, frozen in place. I guess, it didn’t look to good from where she as standing. I immediately released the kid‘s arms and we all looked at each other, I could feel the tension building in the room. “Um…we were just…” I started, unaware of why I was even explaining myself or stuttering.

“Oh…well…um, dinner is ready. That’s all I was coming to say.” With that she slammed the door. I knew it…that she was pissed off. The slamming of doors is always a sign that she’s pissed, followed by, mumbling, tossing clothes, and sometimes clanking pots and pans. Oh well, I wasn’t going to dwell over it, I had more important shit to think about.

That was the end of our conversation for the night.

Dinner was extremely uncomfortable and quiet, and right after we all mumbled our goodnights and headed to our bedrooms. I couldn’t sleep for shit, just thinking of what the kid had told me. Plus I couldn’t stop thinking of those bastards, I really had no idea what they wanted. Money, hell I had plenty of it, but it was all mine…hard earned too. Well not really hard earned, but you know what I mean. After talking to myself and racking my brain, I was finally able to doze off.

The next day, it was once again silent in the car, we were on our way to see Mrs. Jenkins. I HAD promised to keep an eye on Jenkins’s family. We pulled into the parking lot of the big beach house, it was one of the nicest neighborhoods, in West Palm Beach. It looked, like only the people with money coming out of their asses could live here. Which sometimes struck me as odd, since Jenkins was only a cop, but what the hell do I know.

We all stepped out of the car and we walked up the porch stairs. I knocked once and then again, until I heard the familiar soft voice, that came from inside. Mrs. Jenkins quickly let us all in with a smile, she already knew Yelina, and it seemed that Jenkins had informed her about Crystal. She offered us something to eat, but we all declined.

We made small talk and her two daughters found it amusing, that I was visiting with two women. Whom they insisted on calling my girlfriends. Mrs. Jenkins started the story of the big bust, where Jenkins, Anderson and my dad had been the heroes. She must have found it appropriate having both of us there. The story was going fine, until she came to the part where, Jenkins had retrieved a key to a safe box, that contained millions of dollars, that belonged to one of the dealers. She swore up and down that Jenkins, had turned it in along with the rest of evidence, found that day.

Of course, right then, I started to doubt it.

“Wow…that’s intense.” That’s all that Crystal was able to say, as she looked over at me, then everyone else. I could tell there was a lot of things running through her mind. I had forgotten, that she didn’t know much about her father either, that all this was a lot to take in.

I was ready to get the hell out of there, and do some investigating of my own. If this was what these people were after, they would be after Jenkins soon. Actually, I wasn’t sure why they weren’t after him now or why they had waited so long to retrieve this key…or the money or whatever the fuck it was they were after. Casually I got up and mentioned that it was time to go, that we still had things to do. Which wasn’t true, but neither one of the women protested.

We said our goodbyes and headed back home. Everyone seemed to be in their own world, the kid had opted to sit in the back this time, and Yelina hadn’t fought against it. I could see her in the rearview mirror, and she almost looked pale, as she stared out the window. “Everything ok…?” I asked. Her eyes met with mine through the mirror and without a word, she shook her head.

At the same time I pulled the car into my driveway, my phone began to buzz. I put the car in park, and killed the engine, then took the phone from my pocket and answered. “Mclean!” I stated.

“I was wrong the whole time. What made me think that your father, would trust you with something so powerful.” the voice stated, with a mocking laugh. “This changes everything for you.”

I had an idea of what they wanted now. The new question was, how did they know about it so soon. “No…this leaves me out of it. I don’t have what you want…so leave me the fuck alone.” and snapped the phone shut, and started towards the house. The two women, had already gone inside.

As I walked into the house, my phone began to buzz again. I answered angrily “You gotta stop calling me…” I demanded. I’m not sure what I was thinking, as if demanding it, would actually make them stop.

“NO…I’m not going to stop…until you give me what I want, Jack. That bastard cop has my money, and I want it back. Guess who is going to get it?”

I couldn’t believe all this shit was over money? The money, I was pretty sure, Jenkins had stashed away somewhere. “I’m not doing a damn thing for you. I don’t have what you want…” the two women, where now standing in the kitchen, just watching me, pace the living room.

The voice was a bit rougher now, I knew I was getting them pissed. “Listen…JACK…you were trained for this for fifteen years. You didn’t really think you could live your life, as a normal person. That bastard Jenkins has my money, and I want it back AND for being such a cocksucker, I also want him DEAD.”

I was tired of going around in circles with these bastards, “Like…I…said…I DON’T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS. So leave me out of it.”

“You are really trying my patience Jack. Why are you being so FUCKING DIFFICULT. It’s ok…you will end up giving into my demands…one way or the other.” with that said, the line went dead.

My chest was heaving, I was so pissed off. Who did they think they were, threatening me like that. I turned to look at the two women, who were looking at me. There was no way they could know where and what I was doing, just now. How could they know that Jenkins had what they wanted? I quietly walked over to them and looked at each of them, with a raised brow.

“What’s going on Alex?” Yelina asked, swallowing hard. “Is something wrong?”

“Yes something is very wrong. Somebody is fucking with me…” the kid looked up at me, and then back at the floor. Was she fucking me over too? There was only one way to find out. “What are you doing here Crystal??” I asked, my voice was dripping with anger.

Her eyes moved from me over to Yelina “Wait…why are you questioning ME? Why don’t you question her?” she pointed over to Yelina, almost poking her arm.

I looked over at Yelina, whose mouth had dropped, at Crystal’s comment. “Because he trusts me. Plus, you did fall out of the sky…” her hands fell upon her waist and she moved her head a bit.

“I did not…I was looking for him…wait I don’t have to tell you shit. I still don’t understand why you aren’t questioning her…oh maybe it’s the skimpy clothes…she’s got you mesmerized.” now they were facing each other, making random comments at each other. If I was lucky, there was about to be some hair pulling and cat scratching.

Without giving her a chance to protest, I grabbed her by the arm and roughly pulled her into my room. I slammed the door behind me and pushed her onto my bed. “I may be fond of you Crystal, but I don’t fully trust you right about now.”

She smirked and nodded, “Oh you think I’m…part of the bad guys.” she got up, and walked towards me. “You really think…I’m hear to…”

“I need to make sure…there is no way, they could know about Jenkins if they weren’t listening in on my conversations. I am obviously not wired and I’m more than sure, that Yelina isn’t either. Now…I need to know…that you aren’t.” My face was pinched in anger, there was no way, I would let my feelings for her, blind me.

“But I’m not Ja…Alex…” she hollered.

My eyes looked her up and down, “Well there is only one way to find out. So take off…”

Her eyes widened in disbelief and she nodded her head. “I will not…” she stated, trying to push past me. “There is no way…” I grabbed her by the arm, and walked her to the side of the bed.

Then walked over to my dresser and took out the gun. “I changed a lot Crys…but I will still do what I have to do. So don’t piss me off and TAKE…IT…OFF…”

With a glare, she pulled her shirt over her head “Fine!!!” she yelled, throwing the shirt at me. I watched her standing there, unbuttoning her pants. I have to admit, that I was starting to heat up. I swallowed hard, and ran my tongue over my lips, her pants flying at my face, woke me from my daze. “There! Are you happy?!?” she stood, only in her lacy bra and panties, and her hands on her hips.

“Uh…no…” I walked over and stood really close to her.

“Oh really?” she raised a brow, “Will this work for you?” she took my hands and placed them on her breast and then moved my hands around. “I guess you have to make sure…right?” I knew she was upset, the tears nestled in the corners of her eyes, was enough proof. “Oh one more spot…” she pushed my hands down her stomach and lower…”

I yanked my hands away, “This isn’t a game Crystal. I’m serious GOD DAMN IT!”

“SO AM I…ALEX!” she yelled at me. “I’ve gone crazy for the past six months, just looking for you…I didn’t fuck you over then…and I would never do it now.” angrily she wiped away the tears and pushed me towards the door. “Now get out so I can change.”

I started to open the door, then turned around, she was picking up her clothes, and sniffling at the same time. I wasn’t sure of what I was about to do, but it just seemed to be right. I walked over to her, took hold of her arm and spun her around. Then without letting her say anything, I pulled her into me and crashed my lips against hers.

Chapter 9 by kevmylove

I’m not sure how we ended up against the wall, exactly. But I knew, I was pressing against her, and her arms were around my neck. I don‘t even know how long we had been kissing. What I do know, is that my breathing was elevated, my heart was racing, and my hands were roaming. Every time my hand made contact with her bare skin, I pressed against her harder.

Her hands moved slowly from around my neck, then trailed down over my shoulders, and stopped at my chest. I felt her try to push me away gently…but, it was a weak effort on her part. Then she mumbled something against my mouth, didn‘t really hear what it was. I was too busy, moving my lips from her mouth down to her jaw line. I could hear her breathing heavily, and her hands ran up and down my chest. Did she really want me, as bad, as I wanted her? It sure as hell seemed like it, but how was I to know.

“Stop…Jack…” she sighed, almost inaudibly.

I heard her request, but I just couldn’t stop myself. My hands now clung to her hips, and my kisses continued to move slowly, lower and lower.

I felt her push me again, this time a bit stronger, “I’m…seri…ous…Jack…I mean Alex.” when she saw that I wasn’t listening, she shoved me harder and I stopped. “We can’t do this…I will not make that mistake again.”

Her comment…sent a current of pain, right through me. I was offended. I knew I wasn’t the best fucker in the world, but I didn’t know I was that bad. The look on her face, let me know, that the pain I was feeling was visible. I cursed under my breath and began for the door, without saying a word.

“Alex…I didn’t mean it that way. You should know better than that.” although I could hear the sincerity in her voice, I didn’t want to listen to her. I spun around, trying to make out the noise I had heard, just as she spoke. She bit her lip, and crossed her arms, as she continued on her apology. “I meant…that I don’t want to go through the same pain again. When all this goes back to normal…and you and her…”

I had heard what she said, but I was too focused on the shadow in the window, that I hadn’t really paid attention to it. With one swift movement, I pushed her to the floor and grabbed the gun from the nightstand, aimed and fired. One shot…made the window glass shatter…two…three…seemed to fly out into the darkness.

Within seconds the bedroom door flew open, “What the hell was that?” I heard Yelina ask.

I was still staring out the window, contemplating on going out to see if I had shot anyone. I was inching my way, towards the window to take a look, when the bullets came soaring from outside, in all directions. I tried to throw myself over the bed, but instead landed on the side, bounced off the mattress and landed flat on my back. “Fuck” I groaned, turning around, and staying there on my stomach.

As I looked around, I noticed, both women were in the same position as me, but they looked terrified. Yelina was on the floor, in the hallway, covering her head. While, Crystal was almost next to me, still in her intimates, staring at me in horror. Her hands over her ears. I knew this whole incident, was only bringing her memories…

Suddenly the buzzing of the stray bullets had stopped, I could only hear our breathing, and some commotion outside. Which I imagined were the neighbors. I took advantage and dragged myself like a soldier, towards the kid. “Are you alright?” I asked, already knowing her answer.

She just nodded at me, her hands still over her ears. I could hear her mumbling “I know…why this is happening…all over again.”

“We are ok. I’m not going to let anything happen to you…Crys.” I gave her a reassuring nod, but she hesitantly nodded back, at me. “Now…I need you to crawl towards Yelina…ok.” once again she nodded, and lifted herself off the floor, staying on her hands and knees she began for the door.

When I lifted myself off the floor, something flew into the room, and thudded against the wall. I watched it roll under my bed, letting out a hissing noise. I bent my head to see and almost pissed my pants, when I realized it was a small bomb. “RUUUN” I shouted, picking myself up off the floor, and heading towards the door. I scooped up the kid with one arm, and met Yelina in the hallway. We all began to run down the small hall and into the kitchen, and out the back glass sliding door.

My feet had barely hit the grass, when I heard the explosion behind me. I hadn’t even realized that I still had the kid in a tight vice grip. I continued to run a few more feet, before stopping and putting her down. Letting out a deep sigh, I ran my fingers through my hair. What the fuck is it with gunfire and explosions following me everywhere? Damn it!

I couldn’t believe something else of mine was in flames…luckily it wasn’t the whole house…it just happened to be…MY ROOM!! It was hard to peel my eyes off the scene, but the kids rambling broke my concentration.

“Ja…Alex…I know…um…why. I mean…the explosion…and the guys…it…he’s…” her breathing was shallow, as she tried to stumble through her words. And correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m damn sure there were tears in her eyes…not a big fucking surprise, though.

“God…would you shut UP!” Yelina cut in, grabbing onto my arm. “Aye! Alex has better things to do, than to listen to your…” Oh just fucking great. I really didn’t need extra shit to deal with, at the time.

Crystal threw her hands up in the air “THIS IS IMPORTANT GOD DAMN IT…so back the fuck off princess!” she glared at Yelina, resting her hands on her hips. “Jack needs to listen!”

“Que nina mas estupida! You don‘t understand…once again his name is Alex.” Yelina snapped back, making me groan. My head was pounding, as I looked from one, to the other. How the fuck, had I gotten stuck with these two? Granted I didn’t really consider myself stuck with them, per say, just their bickering. I could have sworn they were getting along.

The kid gave Yelina a cold glare, “Did you just call me stupid in Spanish? You know I should…” the kid suddenly lunged at Yelina, who went tumbling down, with the blonde on top of her.

I stood there in shock, watching as they cursed a storm, and Yelina let out yelp after yelp. The twosome were rolling around in the grass, there was hair pulling, actual fists flying, and legs kicking. The bad guy in me, wanted to continue to watch the two women going at it…I mean, Crys was already wearing, close to nothing and Yelina was in a mini skirt and a bikini top…so, I was getting quite the show. But, the good guy in me, really wanted to stop the madness, there wasn’t really any reason for them to be fighting. We were in this together, so we had to look out for each other, instead of fucking each other up.

Rolling my eyes at my stupid thoughts, I walked over to stop the fight. The kid was sitting on Yelina’s stomach and her hands were around the woman’s throat. Yelina was kicking her legs, and trying to set her neck free, from Crystal’s grip. Just as I reached over to grab Crystal, Yelina sunk her teeth into the kid’s arm. She let out a cry and instantly let her go…I fell back on my ass with the kid on top of me, while she cursed a storm and stared at the teeth marks on her arm.

“You bit me, you bitch!” she snarled.

Yelina stood up, dusting herself off, and fluffing her hair. “Yeah well you were choking me…comepinga…” she gave the kid the finger and continued mumbling to herself.

I couldn’t help the snickers, in my throat and pursing my lips wasn’t helping. “She called me something bad, didn’t she?” Crsytal asked, hugging herself.

“You don’t want to know!” I said, slipping off my shirt and handing it over to her. I wouldn’t get cold, I still had an under shirt. “So you were saying…” She stared at it for a bit, then looked up at me and back down at the shirt. That woman is stubborn up the ying yang…I can tell, that she’s freezing her ass off, but does she want to admit it. Hell no.

With a yank, she pulled the shirt out of my hands and slipped it over her small frame. I could see it in her eyes, that whatever it was she had been trying to say, was really important. Her eyes met with mine, and she took a couple of steps closer to me. My heart started racing again. I seriously hated, the fact that just a look from her, could send me into a fucking frenzy.

She swallowed hard, and then bit her bottom “There is something I should tell you…I just don’t know how…”

“Just fucking say it…that easy.” Yelina muttered, trying to detangle her hair, with her fingers. “I’m sorry Alex…but I have a feeling she is just fucking around. She’s just a kid… What the hell does she know about your problems?” both women were scowling at each other, but they kept their distance.

Crystal snapped her head up “I know a lot more than you do sweetie. You may be the person he has now…but I bet you anything…you don’t know half the shit I know.” her gaze fell upon me again, and her glare, softened. “Look you may go as Alex here, but these guys are definitely not after him…it’s Jack they are after.”

Yelina had taken a couple of steps closer to us, and she was going on and on in Spanish. My patience was wearing very thin and if the kid had something to say she needed to spit it the fuck out now, before the howling fire trucks, made it to the house. “Just fucking say it…Crys…stop beating around the fucking bush. You know I hate that.” My brows furrowed, as my eyes locked with hers. I have to admit, my tone was a bit harsh, but really…a bomb went off in my house, these two just went at it…and on top of that, there was something important I was about to find out and she wouldn’t hurry the hell up, and spit it out. I think I had the right to be irritated.

“It’s…” My eyes drifted to her mouth, I watched as her tongue slipped out, to wet her lips. “I’ve been looking for you all over the place…and it’s for more than one reason.” she was now playing with the hem of my shirt. “I…I came here, to find you, because I knew something would happen. I knew that he’d find you…”

She knew this would happen? She knew who would find me? Wait a damn minute…she knew about all this…? I grabbed her arms roughly, and pulled her to me, with force. Our noses were almost touching, as I scowled at her.

“You knew this would happen?!?” My face was hot, the rage was bubbling in the pit of my stomach. At first she didn’t respond, she just frowned and stared at the ground. Then, all three of us looked towards the house, when we heard the sirens blaring, saw the lights flickering, and heard the voices of the fire fighters.

I shook her a little, “Fucking spit it out…NOW!” I demanded. Nodding her head, she spoke up, her voice was almost a whisper, I could barely hear her. “Alex…um…Don’s alive.” My hands immediately released her arms, which was a big mistake. She was lucky that I felt the way I did, about her…cause if it would have been anyone else, it was more than likely they’d get a fist in the face.

She just stood there, like a scolded puppy, waiting for my reaction. I sure had a fucking reaction for her, but I couldn’t bring myself to say or do anything drastic. Instead I felt my blood run cold, as I stared into her watery blue eyes. I couldn't believe what an idiot I was, thinking I could live a normal life. Six months of normality had flown by, they had only been a fucking tease.

Why hadn't she said something before? I felt let down, by the kid. Hell, if I hadn’t known better, I would have sworn, she had just stabbed me in the heart.

End Notes:
Thanks again, for reading and reviewing...I love all the feedback and knowing you enjoy. lol!
Chapter 10 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Wow its been a while, I was so stuck. Plus I had no net, well, I still don't. I'm trying to post from my blackberry, please let me know if the formatting or something is wrong.

 

Had I heard right? Yes, I had heard right and I still couldn’t believe it. She had been with me for a couple of days and hadn’t bothered to mention a damn thing. Not until our lives were in danger.

My fists curled into balls. I still felt like hitting something. The worst part was that there was nothing or anyone deserving to hit. I was surrounded by paramedics, firefighters, cops and neighbors. Not the best candidates.

So cursing was about all I could do, to let out my rage.

Everything felt like a dream. The way everyone shuffled around me. The muffled voices. The spewing of the hose into my house. I could already imagine the whole fucking house soaking wet, including all my shit.

Fuck!

My eyes scanned the place, there was so much that Jenkins had to explain to me. And I wanted him to take the kid out of my hands. I wasn’t prepared to deal with this shit again. She hadn’t been around me for a whole day, and already I was a fucking wreck. Then again…meanwhile he came, I had to make sure to keep her safe and sound, till he got back.

She was huddled up in a corner. Her knees curled up against her chest. A blanket over her shoulders and her eyes fixed on the ground. Even though I was angry at her, a part of me felt really bad for her. Plus, I was convinced that I was…in love with her.

Someone placed a hand on my shoulder, making me jump. “The fire is out…you guys need to be more careful,” The older man gave me a sideways smile, then walked away.

I felt like telling him to ‘fuck off’ but they HAD put out the fire.

Hesitantly I walked towards the door, and put my hand on the knob. Inhaling strongly, I twisted it and walked in. My mouth fell open, and my eyes went wide as I looked at the place. I could hear the drip dropping of the water coming from the ceiling, the floor was flooded and my things…yeah…I can’t finish that sentence.

“Carajo…” Yelina whispered, as she walked around the place. Her bare feet sloshed with every step she took.

We both stood there, staring at the house. I couldn’t believe it. They had hosed down the whole thing, even though the room was the only place on fire.

“Bastards” I mumbled.

“Shit” Crystal muttered, making us both spin around.

Shit was an understatement. I was thankful the realtor had convinced me to add insurance.

Yelina and I had packed whatever clothes had been spared from being soaked. And all three of us were back in the car, and headed to the closest hotel. I would have preferred a motel, but due to having two women in my protection. I had to make an exception.

I’m not good with big hotels. Or anything big and fancy really. I like to wear normal clothes, shoes and I don’t think my house or car, would give away my wealth. After all I’m trying to be normal. Right?

I stood thinking about Jenkins, as I waited for the keys to the three rooms. Obviously he wasn’t a man of discretion. He liked to show off what he had, even if it wasn’t legally his. I just couldn’t understand, how he had kept that key or the money. Someone had to have noticed it missing in the evidence box. Then again, he probably didn’t tell a soul about it.

This was really making me mad.

There was two ways I could approach him and get that money back to it‘s owner. That way, I could go on with my normal life. One…I could just follow instructions from the mystery people and demand he give me the money. Then put a bullet in his head. Two…talk to him and see if I could convince him to do the right thing. I mean his family was bound to be in danger, as soon as he was back. If not already.

Would he really be willing to put them in that situation over money? The hell I knew.

We randomly took a key from the front desk clerk, she was grinning like a dummy. Her eyes shifting from me, to Yelina and then Crystal. I could tell by the crimson creeping up on her cheeks, that she was having some impure thoughts about me and my two sidekicks.

I wish.

Each of the girls snatched random key cards and started for the elevator. I sighed, and leaned over the counter and whispered, “You can join us later if you want.” She gasped, I gave her a wink and jogged over in time to hop into the elevator.

The rooms were side by side. Yelina, then me, then the kid. We mumbled some good nights and closed the door behind us. I looked at my watch and noticed it was only eight-thirty and I wasn’t close to being sleepy.

I hopped into the shower and changed my clothes. Maybe I’d go to the bar, and have a drink. My body was craving a drink. Which wasn’t a good sign, at all. I buckled up my pants, threw on my black vest over my white t-shirt and headed out. As I made way down the hall, I was tempted to invite the girls with me. I did have to keep an eye on them, at all times. With a loud sigh, I opted not to bother and just enjoy sometime without bickering or puppy dog eyes.

There wasn’t a quiet bar in the hotel. But there was a club, with music blaring into the lobby. Luckily, no one was in line and I was able to just trot in. I took a quick seat on a stool at the bar, ordered a jack and coke and looked around. People were dancing, drinking, smiling and mingling. Thy didn’t seem to have a worry in the world. No one was out to kill them or hurt those they loved. And If someone was, they were doing a hell of a job playing it off.

“Ouch that looks painful.” A high pitched girly voice interrupted my thoughts.

My eyes met with a pair of green eyes, and a flirty smile. Her hair was clipped up into a fancy pony-tail and her lips were a candy red. The black dress looked like it was painted on, and she wore some black 'fuck me' pumps. I couldn’t keep my eyes off her, and that made her giggle.

“Like what you see?” She smiled, taking the red straw between her lips. I watched her suck. I swallowed hard. My hormones were bursting through my seams. I cleared my throat and finally found my voice.

“Sorry I was just…admiring your…”

“Uh hum…they are hard to miss right.” she giggled again.

I wondered if she would continue giggling if I took her upstairs. Damn it.

I had two watch dogs upstairs.

“Are you hear alone?” She continued to sip.

“Not really…I’m…”

My eyes bulged out, as I watched Yelina in one of her skin tight dresses walk into the club. Crystal wasn’t far behind in a red halter top and a jean skirt, that didn’t cover much. I was more than positive the outfit wasn’t hers. Giggly didn’t even notice, I was having a stupid moment. So I didn’t bother, interrupting her. Anyways, I was afraid my voice would squeak if I excused myself at that moment. So I sat there, just staring at the twosome. While giggly continued to talk.

Wow never knew, I have the attention span of a gnat.

I turned towards the bar, downed my drink and ordered another one. When I turned back giggly was gone. In her place was Yelina and Crystal. “That was nice of you to invite us?” Yelina muttered. She bent over the bar, her twins exposed and her dress riding up to her ass. That didn’t phase her and she continued by ordering two drinks, I had never heard of.

“I thought you might be tired.” I shrugged and looked over at Crystal. Who didn’t have much of an expression. Her eyes were blank. She was just staring ahead at the lights flashing on the dance floor. “Hey…you ok?” I nudged her with my hand.

She turned and gave me a fake smile. “I’m fine.” Yelina handed her the drink, and she tipped her head back and gulped it down.

“Holy shit!” Yelina chuckled, then copied the kids move.

From that moment on, the drinks kept coming. And I spent the rest of the night, watching the two girls like a hawk. While they stumbled over each other, tottering on the dance floor. Neither one of them was coordinated for shit under the influence. Well, they probably still had the ability to rub up on someone and give them a hard on.

That’s about it.

There was a wide grin on my face. I couldn’t believe I was at a club with the same two women, who had almost scratched each others eyes out early. Or the fact that, they were drunk up the ass, making fools out of themselves on the dance floor. Like the best of friends.

My smile wiped off, when I saw a suited guy approach the girls. I hopped off the stool, and blended into the crowd, pushing my way towards the dance floor. When I got there, the twosome were sandwiching the guy. He had a hold of Crystal’s thighs and he was pulling her up against him. Yelina had her hands around his waist and they were dirty dancing.

I stood there. Watching, it wasn’t fun to watch. But no one was being harmed, except for my heart. It was exploding with jealousy. Just watching someone else touch her, was really putting a shift in my mood. She leaned back, resting her head on his shoulders and his hands slid under her skirt a bit.

That did it for me.

It was time to go upstairs and pass out. I stormed over, took Crystal first and then Yelina. Both women protested, along with the horny, goofy motherfucker. But I insisted we leave. Crystal spun around and out of my grip and headed back to the guy. Yelina on the other hand, looked like she was gonna be sick and made way towards the exit.

“Crystal let’s go.” I stated, calmly.

Like a dog in heat. He was behind her again, this time she took his hands and placed them on her thighs. Glaring at me, she grinded her ass against him. The kid knew damn well, she was pushing my buttons.

Damn her.

Once she began to bend over, I couldn’t take it. I took her wrist in my hand and pulled her out of his hold. This time he wasn’t so happy. He walked up to me, and without a word or any kind of warning. He popped me one right in the nose. Then ran like hell.

Smart man.

“Fuck me!” I shouted, my hands flying to what felt like a shattered nose. Warmth oozed over my lip and down my chin. I was afraid to look down, I could already see the blood staining my shirt. “Shit…fuck!” With one hand, I covered my nose and with the other I dragged Crystal out of the club. We found Yelina hovered over the trash can at the elevator doors. She wiped her mouth and stumbled through the open doors.

The ride up was silent. No one uttered a word or even looked at each other. I was cursing under my breath, still holding my nose. Crystal was leaning against the side, staring at the floor. While Yelina, stared out the big window, her forehead against the glass…letting out a couple of protesting moans.

I swiped Yelina’s card and we all shuffled into the room. She pulled off the dress and fell onto the bed sound asleep. In nothing but her red thong. Damn!

Crystal on the other hand, made herself comfortable on a love seat, clothes and all and was starting to doze off. There was no point to wake her up, maybe it was safer if we were in the same room. I convinced myself.

The only bad thing about it…was that I got the floor. When I could have been in a comfortable bed. I sat on the floor at the foot of the bed, leaning against the base, and let my head fall back onto the mattress. I was too tired and aggravated to bother cleaning up.

When I woke up the room was quiet and it still seemed dark outside. My body was sore from the uncomfortable position I was in and probably from the beating, I received the day before. I stretched, and headed to the bathroom to clean up the caked blood on my face.

I stood at the sink, staring at my face. Circles were starting to take over my under eyes. My beard was growing at rapid speed and now my nose was swollen. I pulled off the vest and threw it in the garbage bin. It was ruined. Then, I took off the shirt, wadded it up and placed it under the running water and began to clean myself up.

The opening of the door startled me, and I snapped up. “Oh hey. You scared me. I thought…you were in your room.” Crystal tried keeping her eyes on my face, but they kept moving down to my bare chest. I watched her swallow hard, as she ran her fingers through her hair “Um…” she walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind her.

I blew out a breath and leaned against the sink, my arms crossed over my chest.

“What’s up?”

“I wanted to apologize for earlier. I don’t know what got into me.”

“It’s all good.”

“I didn’t mean to lie to you either. I was looking for you, because I had to warn you. Plus…I…didn’t want to be alone.” Her gaze fell to the floor, and she let out a loud sigh. “I lost everyone…my dad…my best friend, even my little brother. When I went to look for them, they were long gone and I decided not to look anymore. I didn’t want to put them in danger. I thought I had lost you too…your eyes were closed and you weren‘t breathing. The paramedics rolled you away and I watched the ambulance drive away in silence.”

“They revived me half way to the hospital. I was checked in and then I decided to leave. Thinking it was best for you, to think I was…”

"Well that was stupid!" Crystal took a couple of steps closer to me."Do you know how it felt to watch you die…and then find out that you were still alive. I went to identify your body, but there was no body. No sign of JACK!”

“I’m sorry!”

She lifted her head, and gave me her puppy eyes. “It wasn’t too hard to find you…cause of my dad and your dad’s connections. I thought about approaching you for the past couple of weeks, but I noticed how much you had changed. Plus, you look really happy when you’re with her. I was gonna leave that night, I hit you guys. I had decided I would give up and let you be. Even if…” her teeth sank into her bottom lip, “I still love you.”

The words, sent a pang straight to my stomach. She was standing in front of me now, and I was still leaning against the counter. I wished to have the guts and ability to say what was on my mind, like she did. But that was impossible, instead I just stood there in silence.

I couldn’t be so open like her.

 

We stared at each other for a moment and I watched a big tear roll down her cheek. With the side of my hand I brushed it away. It bothered me to know, I inflicted so much pain. I wrapped my hand on the side her neck and I was tempted to pull her in for a kiss. Instead, I pulled her into me, and wrapped my arms tightly around her.

The words didn’t come out of my mouth. But my brain was screaming them, too loud for me to disregard.

I love you too.


Chapter 11 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
Jacklex is back!!

My one on one time with Crystal didn’t last very long. We were caught by surprise by Yelina storming into the bathroom to hurl. Great start to the morning.

“Well come on girl. Let’s go get some breakfast!” Yelina was rather chipper, even though she looked like hell. I guess she should drink more often. “Are you sure you don’t want to come Alex?”

There was no way.

I needed to at least close my eyes for an hour on that comfortable bed. Plus get a shower and a change of clothes. “No…I’m good. I need to clean up anyway. Why don’t you two go. Just be careful.”

The twosome nodded in unison and we all walked out to the hall. I watched the two woman, until they disappeared around the corner. Letting out a sigh of relief I entered the room and headed to the bathroom. My shower was nice and relaxing. Now I was all clean and changed…sleep was next on my list. One hour was all I needed.

Slowly I crawled onto the bed, and instantly closed my eyes as my head hit the pillow.

I’m not sure how long after, loud banging at my door woke me up. I cursed a storm groggily making way to open. “What?” I groaned, flinging the door open.

“She’s gone! I can’t find her…I looked everywhere and asked everyone and no one saw her. I’m sorry Alex.” she was almost in tears as she pushed her way into the room and began to pace. She was even talking faster than she usually did. “Oh god! What if they got her Alex?”

I slammed the door shut and stormed over to the window. This was all I needed. Where the hell had she gone? Did she just run away? Did those bastards really have her?

The ringing of my cell phone answered my question. Before answering, I cleared my throat. “What?” I answered angrily.

“Well good morning to you too.” the familiar voice spoke.

“Oh, Jenkins. Sorry…I just keep getting wrong number calls. Are you back?”

“Yes I am. I was wondering if you could bring by the girl this evening. I’ll take her out of your hands.”

Shit. I didn’t have the girl. What girl was I supposed to turn in? “Um…yeah sure. I’ll be there around eight.” I hung up quickly, not giving him a chance to ask me any questions.

Just as I hung up my phone, someone knocked on the door and a soft voice spoke “Room service”.

“Listen go get your things. We have to get out of here, they are bound---”

My words were cut off by a loud BOOM and the door flying at us. We both ducked and watched the door soar through the window. Yelina yelped holding on to me tight. There was a blonde woman in a housekeeper uniform and she had a shot gun in her hands. She cocked it and shot a round. It made a huge hole on the bed headrest. I took Yelina’s hand, dodging the shots that were blasting holes in the walls. We made it to the bathroom and into their room. Just as another shot destroyed the bathroom door.

Without stopping I dragged her out their room door and down the hall and into a janitorial room. We stood there wide eyed, trying to catch our breaths.

“What the fuck was that?” Yelina questioned out loud.

“I have no idea.” I answered. “I have to get back to the room. I forgot my gun.”

“This one?” She asked, her hands shaking as she showed me the gun. “I’m surprised I didn’t accidentally squeeze the trigger.”

She handed over the gun and we both quieted down, as we heard footsteps outside. There was someone standing at the door, I could see the shadow through the bottom of the door.

Yelina was doing the sign of the cross and praying to whomever Cubans pray to. The door knob turned slowly and a peak of light came through a crack in the door. I aimed my gun, and put my finger on the trigger.

The door flew open, Yelina gripped the sides of my shirt and hid her face on my shoulder. And I shot three rounds. Someone fell with a thump on the ground and we emerged from the room.

“It’s not the same woman.” Yelina spoke in a daze.

I bent down to check the young woman’s pulse. But she didn’t have one. “Shit!” I dug my arms under the dead woman’s armpits and hauled her into the janitor room. There was commotion not to far away, probably around the corner and they were headed right towards us. Kicking the door closed, I took hold of Yelina and dragged her towards the elevator. She kept muttering something about me killing someone.

Hell, if only she knew I was just as shocked as she was.

When we were in the elevator, I took her face in my hands and looked her straight in the eyes. “Would you shut up already. I had no choice. So get a fucking grip.”

“Ok,” she nodded, but I knew the words would take a bit to sink in. .

I couldn’t leave the hotel, because I didn’t know where the hell Crystal was or the crazy bitch that had shot at us. The phone buzzed in my pocket again.

“What?” I answered.

There was a mocking laughter on the line, “It’s nice to see you still have your animal instincts. Poor girl…you cut her life short, Jack.”

“Where is Crystal? What did you do with her? You better not hurt her…”

“That’s all up to you…and your cooperation with me. I asked you in good terms to help me out and you refused!”

I felt my jaw clench, “Fine. Just let me know that she’s ok.” It really annoyed me, how pleading my voice sounded.

“Alright Jack…the blonde is in room 312...be careful with her. She’s in a really delicate state now.” There was laughter and the line went dead.

Panic raced through me. What the hell did he mean in a delicate state? Without saying a word to Yelina, I grabbed her again and shot through the lobby and into the stairwell. She was sucking in air, mumbling choice words in Spanish when we finally hit the third floor.

She yanked her hand out of my grip, “What the hell do you think I am! I can’t run anymore…..look at you…you haven’t even broken a sweat.”

I was too busy concentrating on getting to room 312, so her bitching didn’t affect me. We walked ahead, turned a corner and finally found the room at the end of the hall. Then, I realized I didn’t have a key card. Instinctively I checked my pant pockets, even though I knew there was no way I could have one. Mine had been left behind on the bathroom counter.

“What the hell?” I whispered, taking out the key card.

Yelina snatched it and swiped it once and then again. The door clicked and we both looked at each other for reassurance. I put my hand on the door handle and pushed. My eyes shot open at the sight of Crystal.

She was laying on the bed, trying to wiggle herself free. But her hands and feet were bound by duct tape, along with her mouth. I ran over to her and hesitated to take the tape around her mouth off first. So I busied myself with the one on her hands and feet.

“She’s trying to say something.” Yelina said, taking an end of the tape on her mouth and yanking it off.

“Shiiiiiit!” Crystal yelped. “Get it off of me…Jack…you have to take that thing off.”

Her wiggling was now out of control, and making it impossible for me to unwrap the tape around her ankles. “Would you stop moving.”

There were tears in her eyes and she was tugging at a thick black band around her wrist. “Get it off…please. Those bastards drugged me and they put this thing on me. Do you know what it is…? It’s…”

“What’s your fucking problem?”

“This!” she stated, once again trying to pry the black strip from her arm. “They said it’s a fucking bomb…a bomb. I have a goddamn bomb strapped to my wrist.” she let out a screech and rolled around like a crazy person.

My thoughts were that she was still under the influence of whatever they had injected her with. But she looked pretty distressed about it. The phone buzzed in my pocket once again and this time I was too confused and angry to even say anything.

“I see you found her already. Sorry we had to drug the lunatic…she was kicking and screaming in the bathroom. It was just a little bit of tranquilizer. Nothing major.”

My grip on the phone tightened, “What the hell do you want? What’s that thing on her wrist? I’m tired of playing your stupid games.”

There was laughter. Then silence. “Jack, we’ve just gotten started. Like I said you didn’t want to cooperate…and threatening you doesn’t seem to work. So I thought, what other way to get you to do what I want, than to put someone you love in danger.”

“I don’t understand.”

“Her newly acquired piece of jewelry is my guarantee that you will cooperate with me. There is no more fucking with me, Jack. So listen carefully, because she’s literally a ticking time bomb.”

I was tempted to throw the phone across the room, impossibly scoop up both women and get the hell out of there. “You son of a bitch. I don’t have anything to do with this.”

“Well now you do. That black band around your little girlfriends wrist is a exactly what she said. It’s a bomb. Which will go off in…eh…I thought I would be nice and give you 72 hours to get me my money and kill off Jenkins. You can’t cut it off, if you do she will blow up ahead of time. Oh and she can’t be further than ten feet away from you or she‘ll go…BOOM! So make sure to take very good care of her. I’d get to work if I were you.”

The line went dead.

Crystal and Yelina were both staring at me expectantly and I wasn’t sure what the hell to say. I cleared my throat and looked around the room, trying to avoid eye contact with Crystal.

“What are you waiting for Alex aren’t you going to help me get this thing off.” Her fingers were still working at the black strip, but her eyes were fixed on me. She had that familiar frightened look on her face.

“Crys…there’s a problem.” I swallowed hard and took a seat next to her. Our eyes met and they held for a moment. “I can’t take that thing off…because it REALLY is a bomb.” Her eyes widened in horror.

I felt like shit.

Chapter 12 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:

Ok so I noticed that it's been well over nine months since I last updated this. So some of you proly lost interest already. UNDERSTOOD!! I have new ideas for it, so hopefully it shouldn't take that long to update now. Thanks for reading and reviewing...I appreciate you guys keeping up with Jacklex.

“She’s sound asleep finally.” Yelina’s voice startled me. “You can rest if you want…you’ve been staring at her for the past two hours. I don’t think she’s in any danger right now.”

She was right, Crystal had finally settled down and was now sound asleep. I hadn’t even noticed that two hours had already gone by without me moving from my spot on the edge of the bed. I’d been so engrossed in trying to find a way to make all this go away. No luck.

“Whatever you are trying to come up with…will not work Alex. The only thing you can do is do what they are asking.”

I stood up and ran a hand over my face. Yelina knew about me, but not everything. “I’m not who I used to be, I can’t get over the fact that I shot that girl last night.” I’d seriously gone soft. Well, not exactly soft, I just wanted to be normal. I’d been for only six months.

Yelina took a step towards me and placed a hand on my shoulder and gave me a weak smile. I could see the love in her eyes and my gut coiled. “You are a good man and I know that whoever Jack was has died…but, if we want to survive this...then you have to revive him. You have to bring him back.”

I didn’t want to bring Jack back.

She let out a pain filled giggle and looked towards the bed, “Do it because you love her.”

My eyes reverted to the young sleeping girl. She was huddled up, hands under her cheek, blonde hair cascading onto the pillow and her face. Yelina was right, there was only one way to get out of this mess and it was to be my old self; like it or not. And to do whatever these assholes wanted me to do.

“I’m going to do it for all of us…”

She smiled, I was saying it, but she knew damn well that it was mostly for Crystal. “We’ll think of it that way.” Her hand touched my face, “I have to go for a bit. My dad is in a huff because I’ve gone missing. I promise I will be back tonight.” She quickly pressed her lips to mine and walked out the door.

I just stood there staring at nothing.

“Where was she going?” Crystal’s sleepy voice had nearly sent me into cardiac arrest. Fuck, I hate being on edge. It’s not me.

“Uh…she…um…” Say something idiot.

Crystal sat up and rubbed her eyes she was smiling sheepishly. “Wow…you get nervous now. I guess with a girl like that who wouldn’t, right. You really haven’t changed much you know. Still detached from people…can’t you see how crazy in love she is with you?” She shook her head.

I rolled my eyes. “I can see that the excessive talking hasn’t changed.” All this love talk had to stop. Women are so emotional. It’s sick.

“You definitely still have issues with showing affection.” The smile didn’t last long on Crystal’s face she was staring at her hand where the thick black band was tightly wrapped around her small wrist. She chuckled, “I thought maybe I was dreaming, fat chance.”

I stuck my hands into my pockets and rocked on my heels, there wasn’t much I could tell the kid that would make her feel better. “I’m sorry…anything I could try to do get that shit off would only—“

“Yeah I know. Blow me up!” She ran her fingers through her long blonde hair and let out a sigh. “So, what about the cop? You said he needed to see me.”

There was a moment of silence, and then I spoke up “Yeah I think we should go there, so that I can talk to him. Maybe he’ll come clean…”

Her brows raised and she looked at me puzzled. “You used to be ready to blow anyone’s brains out and now it seems that you make up any excuse not to hurt anyone.”

I shrugged, now that she said it. I felt like a pussy. “Well I changed a lot. Plus I don’t get paid to kill people anymore, so what’s the point?”

“True, but these assholes are trying to kill us! And if we don't come up with a plan…they are going to succeed."

I let out a loud sigh and ran my hand over my face. The kid was right, who the hell was I kidding, at some point I was going to have to grab my balls and be who everyone wanted me to be. Anyways, seems like once you’re a killer that shit chases you everywhere.

“Get ready we are going to see Jenkins. I’m going to talk to him and if he doesn’t tell me the truth then we have to come up with plan.”

Yelina didn’t come back and we ended up at Jenkin’s house on our own. He gave us a warm smile as he signaled us to enter. Deep inside of me, I knew that Jenkins was a good guy whether or not he took the money. Anyone in his position would have done the same thing.

“Hey Yelina is missing? Is she jealous you got yourself another sidekick?” Jenkins joked as he lead us into his living room. I smirked cause he wasn’t too off. “So Crystal, about this car that you were driving. You say this Jack guy gave it to you?”

We both weren’t expecting him to question her in regards to Jack. She went a little pale and fumbled with her words. “Um…well…he…” Jenkins raised a brow and I really wanted to butt in and save her, but it would only make it more suspicious.

Crystal turned to look at me, as if to apologize for what she was about to say. “Well see…this Jack guy appeared at my house one day. He was hurt and well my best friend and I helped him out. He stayed at the house for a bit and then--” She looked around, “It turned out that the asshole was a hitman and he was out for my dad. Don had sent him.”

“Jesus!!” Jenkins commented. “Is he the one that…?”

Crystal shook her head and gave a weak smile. “Don killed my dad…and Jack.”

Jenkins smiled at us, like he’d found a gold mine or something very valuable. “And the report said YOU killed Don?”

“Well Don--”

“She did…shot him right in the neck.” I had to butt in. I couldn’t let Jenkins know that Don was somewhere out there. “Listen I have to talk to you…” I looked at the kid, she wasn’t going to like having to be away from me, but I had to talk to him alone. “alone.”

He gave Crystal a smile and stood up. “Alright let’s go outside.”

Crystal looked at me terrified. I didn’t think we would walk much, it wasn’t like Jenkins had a mansion. “Are you sure I…”

“Oh come child! We should let the men talk. Maybe…you should rest for a bit. You haven’t slept well in days, I’ve heard.” Miss Jenkins kindly escorted Crystal back to the sofa, as I followed Jenkins out to their yard.

I’m no math wiz, but I’m guessing that ten feet isn’t that far…or is it. Would something go off to warn us? Jenkins was saying something, but I was busy worrying about the kid and the fact that Jenkins was walking further and further away from the glass door.

“So what’s going on Alex? You seem jumpy.”

I still hadn’t thought through how I was going to bring up the money question, but he wasn’t giving me much time to think either. So I had to go with the flow. “I was wondering if a reporter has visited you lately?” Jenkins gave me a puzzled look, but didn’t say anything. “Yeah, he came by asking about the big bust. He mentioned something about one of the officers in charge finding a very important key.”

There was silence for a beat or two, he sighed heavily and then looked up at me. “You’re father was the righteous man. He didn’t want to keep the money…but, Richardson insisted that our pay wasn’t good enough for the bullshit that we went through. So he kept it and we made a pact to divide the money between us three. But, when Don took down your family…Richardson got scared and greedy. He disappeared.”

Although I knew Jenkins, something about what he was saying sounded really off. Richardson had the farm, but it wasn’t fancy or anything. Yet, here was Jenkins with the big house, new pool…Oceanside view and he was blaming all this on Richardson. “So you are saying that Richardson kept dirty money. Money that Don and his men would probably want at some point. I mean if he was alive to claim it? Richardson didn’t seem like that type of person, though.”

Jenkins shook his head and smiled. “We all get a little desperate sometimes. He’d been planning on going far away, probably starting a family…that money was a perfect opportunity for him to start all over.”

Some of it made sense, he was running from it all and if he took the money with him…probably in his head, no one would ever find him. Crystal was not going to like this. I was so engrossed in the conversation and information that he was giving me, that I hadn’t noticed that we were almost at the shore.

I spun around quickly and started almost trotting back to the house, Jenkins following without asking me why the fast pace. Suddenly the sliding door flew open and out ran Crystal, like a bat out of hell. I watched her legs shuffle across the nicely manicured lawn and then she took a leap and landed with a splash into the pool.

“Holy shit it’s cold” she gasped and looked at us, her cheeks flushing red. “I…just…thought I’d go for a swim.”

I blinked a couple of times and turned to look at Jenkins and gave him an ‘I don’t know’ shrug. I knew damn well, that the whole taking a swim was bullshit, She’d come to the conclusion that water would deactivate the wrist bomb. It was pretty clever...unfortunately it didn't seem to work. I wasn’t sure if I should grimace or actually laugh a little.

Chapter 13 by kevmylove
Author's Notes:
SURPRISE!!!
Who would have thought that the water would be so cold. When I first thought about my ridiculous idea, it seemed to be brilliant. Now, I felt like such an idiot. I was shivering, my clothes were soaked and Jack14…I mean, Alex was looking at me like I was in a straight jacket.

“What the fuck were you thinking?” He paced the bedroom with his hands on his hips.

Sometimes I wondered what it was that I loved about him so much. I know damn well it wasn’t his foul mouth. Just looking at him made my stomach twist into a tight knot and sometimes the knot even reached my throat. “I don’t know…I was thinking that this thing would deactivate and I wouldn’t have to worry about exploding any minute.”

He ran a hand over his face and I saw his jaw tighten. I wanted to smile. “Jesus fucking Christ Crystal…didn’t I tell you I’m trying to do what I can. I was talking to Jenkins to try and get some information. FUCK!!” The pacing continued.

Why did I feel so vulnerable around Alex? Why when he talked to me in such a tone I felt like a scolded puppy and I wanted to cry, yet I liked it. So, I didn’t always make the smartest choices, but I was trying. He on the other hand seemed to have lost his guts…balls…whatever and didn’t want to stand up and fight. What the hell had happened to him? Where was that aggressive asshole I had met six months ago?

“Stop looking at me with those puppy eyes! It’s not going to work.”

I felt myself pout. “Well it seemed like a good idea at the time.” I felt my body shiver again and I hugged myself. “I’m sorry…I know I’m an idiot. Ok!”

Alex looked me straight in the eyes and I felt myself warm up everywhere. His eyes softened and he spoke in a low tone, “I can’t afford something happening to you. I’m trying to figure all this out…”

Just as I opened my mouth to answer him, there was a light knock on the door. “I’m sorry to interrupt you guys, but I have a towel and some clothes. Their my daughter’s. They might be a bit big, but it’s all I have.” Mrs. Jenkins was an older woman, with a bit of wrinkles around her eyes when she smiled. But she seemed so sweet.

I took the clothes from her and placed them on the bed. “Thank you so much!” I smiled back and stood up to wrap the towel around my shoulders. Instantly my body stopped shivering and warmth embraced me.

She looked at both of us and grinned. “Who would have thought you two would end up together. Well you guys can stay in this room for tonight and I’ll give Lizzy’s room to Yelina, if she shows up. You guys should rest for a bit.” Swiftly she was out the door.

“She thinks you and I are a couple.” Alex stated plainly.

I laughed. “Yeah, what is wrong with her.” I stood up and threw the towel on the bed. Then grabbed the ends of my shirt and began to pull it over my head.

“Wait! What are you doing?” His eyes caught with mine and moved down to my exposed stomach.

My cheeks flushed with warmth, “What’s the problem you already saw me. The whole fire department and half the police department saw me.” I ignored him and pulled the wet shirt over my head. “Or does this make you nervous?” Alright so maybe the guts that Alex had lost, I’d gained. I slowly walked up to him, my eyes never leaving his. And I stood up close, running my hand up his chest and wrapping it around his neck.

I was being as he would call it, ballsy .But, deep down my heart was drumming against my ribs and my knees felt like they might give in, but I had to try. I doubt Alex knew exactly how I felt about him. There were times that he looked at me like a person looks at an annoying puppy. Other times he looked at me like he was hypnotized by me. Maybe I was asking for too much from a guy that had never showed any type of emotions. Someone who had been taught to be callous and detached.

I’d gone so deep into thought that I hadn’t realized how close I was to him.

The warm of his body against mine made my stomach shrink in size. And surprisingly Alex hadn’t budged, instead he remained leaned against the wall hands on his hips. A part of me would have wanted him to be the same aggressive guy I knew, to forcefully grab me and take me right then and there. The other part of me, liked this new thoughtful and…slow Alex.

I bit down on my bottom lip as my eyes bored into his. There was no way to read Alex’s mind…I never knew what the hell was going on in that head of his. “Say something!” I whispered brushing his ear with my mouth. That seemed to catch his attention, because I felt the warm of his hands take hold of my sides.

“We can’t do this right now.” He picked me up like nothing and sat me back down on the bed.

Embarrassment flushed from my cheeks down to every area of my body. I should have been used to being turned down by him, he’d done it so many times before. “Fine!” I didn’t want to be mad, but I couldn’t help to wonder if he’d turn down Yelina like this. “It’s only when you want to…I get it.” I swallowed the knot in my throat. Damn knot.

“Stop being such a baby…and get dressed. I think I hear Yelina.” He started for the door.

The mention of her name hurt.

Without a doubt Alex had no idea how much I loved him or how I longed to feel his warm hands on my skin. To feel his lips against mine. It had only been that one time in the barn, but I had never forgotten it or him. He’d been nothing like I thought he would be. He’d been amazingly warm and gentle. And through these six months, the events of that night played through my mind like a movie. Sometimes it was all that kept me going, knowing that he was out there and he was alive.

I slipped a pink tank top on and switched my wet jeans for a pair of really tiny shorts. What is up with all the small clothes. It’s like everyone buys a size or two smaller than they are. The whole time Alex watched me dress, but his expression still showed nothing. Angrily I passed right by him and into the hallway. The Jenkins’ house was huge and well furnished. Everything seemed to be high end and very pricey. By the looks of it, they had two daughters, about the same age as me. Who according to Mrs. Jenkins were in school. I inspected every picture in the hallway, they had so many frozen memories on that wall. Something to look back on…and if they were to ever start to forget a face they could just look at the wall.

I on the other hand didn’t have anything. Both my parents were dead and if I were to start forgetting their faces, well there wouldn’t be a wall with frozen memories for me to go back and look at. I felt the tears prick my eyes, but I wiped them away before they even surfaced.

“Well your all dried up!” Jenkins was all smiles sitting on the sofa with a small glass full of some dark brown concoction. “Look who is back…now if you will excuse me. I‘m going to help the wife in the kitchen. Please make yourselves at home.” He stood and walked out of the room with the glass still in his hands. Yelina was standing by the fireplace, with a tight dress that didn’t cover much on, as always. Quickly she ran over to Alex and gave him a big hug. I saw his hand casually wrap around her waist. It was more than I could get from him.

“Where the hell have you been?” he asked with concern.

She smiled that gorgeous smile of hers and gave me a head nod. “I was with my father, and you wont believe who I bumped into?”

Alex wasn’t much for guessing games…she should have known that. “I have the slightest idea. Just spit it out.”

“You are no fun. I bumped into Max…he said he would be here in time for dinner.” Yelina hung onto Alex’s arm, and he didn’t seem to budge.

I was starting to think that maybe exploding might not be so bad.

The rumbling of a motorcycle made me jump. We all turned to the window and I felt at ease when I saw Alex’s face. That meant it was a good guy, or in better words someone that wasn’t out to kill us.

Alex walked off and left both us women standing in the living room. There was an awkward moment of silence and then she broke it. “So how are you doing? Any news on the…”

“Um…I jumped into the pool thinking it might deactivate this piece of crap.” I raised a brow. “Didn’t work!”

She pursed her lips in thought, “Well that seriously sucks! Alex will figure it out. He cares a lot about you and will not let a thing happen to you. Plus he just got some back up.” Her lips broke into a smile as she looked towards the door.

My gaze followed, and my mouth just about dropped. What the hell was it with me and bad boys lately. In walked a tall guy in combat boots, leather pants, a white t-shirt and a leather jacket. He carefully removed his motorcycle helmet and turned to look at me. His hair was military cut, his lips were spread into a wide grin exposing perfect teeth and his green eyes were looking right at me. I could feel the grin on my face widening with each passing second.

Advenutre time.
Sorry... by kevmylove

Hello all,

i know you probably already gave up on this story and I should have made a note like this...hmm...I should say years ago, but I had hope that maybe I could work on it. Maybe I made a mistake for making a sequal. I just got too excited about Jack. But I must admit and it's pretty obvious that my muse for this story left a long time ago and I've opened and closed it so many times, but nothing happens. So, I've decided to have it on hiatus like it's been. Just going to mark it as finished cause it will probably never get finished. Thank you so much for supporting Jack and I'm sowwy!

Please feel free to check out any of my other stories. You might just like them as much as Jack. :(

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9674