Three Loves One Heart by Broc30
Summary: Allison and Alex had met in high school then started dating. When Alex found out that he was leaving to join a music group Allison was happy for him. See what happens when Allison tells Alex that she's pregnant and then falls in love with one of his close friends.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group, Kevin, Other
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes Word count: 7447 Read: 3249 Published: 06/17/09 Updated: 06/17/09

1. Prologue by Broc30

2. Chapter 1 by Broc30

3. Chapter 2 by Broc30

4. Chapter 3 by Broc30

Prologue by Broc30
Three Loves One Heart

Prologue
Back in high school I had met this great guy. Our only problem was the grades we were in and our age differences. But let me tell you a little about us and what we were like back then. His name was Alexander McLean; but we called him Alex or AJ for short. He was fifteen years old and a freshman. He was liked by most of the girls because of his charm and sense of humor. Alex was in the drama club, the school choir and did quite a few school plays. Myself, I was eighteen, a senior and I was the outcast of my class but I was popular (go figure). I was also in the school choir, on the cheerleading squad till I dropped out, played some sports, and (No way was I a jock) I also did a few school plays. Anyways, I was way to shy to do much of anything so I kept to myself most of the time, till it came to Alex. Alex and I meet in the weirdest way. The school bus. You’re probably thinking why a senior would be on the school bus with a bunch of underclassman. I ask myself that same question. Well my car was in the shop getting fixed. To get on to how we met. I was three stops before his and I was sitting in the second seat behind the driver. When he got on, the bus was full so he asked if he could sit next to me. I said sure and moved my backpack. We started talking every morning on the bus for a week, and then I got my car back. From then on I started picking him up for school from his place and we just went from there. We kept our relationship private because of our age. The only people who we where able to tell were our parents. Our moms were thrilled that we were together, but my dad wasn’t too happy about it. He wasn’t thrilled with the people I hung out with and he wasn’t thrilled that I was dating someone three years younger then me. But we were happy together that’s all that mattered.

Alex and I talked about everything from what happened at school that day to personal problems in our life. He was the only guy and only friend I could talk to about my personal things. I had a lot of problems with my family and whenever things got to the point where my dad went overboard with his temper I would spend weeks staying at Alex’s house. Anyways, Alex and I had a few classes together, like drama, choir and study hall. Our three favorite classes we could spend time together. I remember one particular day he came running into my English class yelling that he just made it into the group he’d been trying to get into. I slumped into my chair and blushed, but I was happy for him. Of course that’s when everyone found out about us. But we didn’t care after that point.

A year into our relationship we were in his room getting him ready to leave with the Backstreet Boys. (They named after an old market place.) I sat on his bed holding his pillow while he packed his suitcase. “Alex, will I ever see you again?” I asked as a tear fell. “What are you talking about? Of course you’ll see me again. You’re my girl and I love you.” He said sitting down, moving the pillow and placing his arms around me. “I know, but with everything that you’ll be doing now I won’t see you as much. We don’t even know when you’ll be back.” “Hey, I’ve got a thought. I’ll come back and see you when I graduate.” He said with a smile. “But you’re going to be on tour?” “Wherever I am in the world I plan on graduating with my class. I want you to be there. Will you be there for me?” He said leaning in for a kiss. “Of course I’ll be there for you.” I said before kissing him back. “Alex, it’s time to go!” His mom yelled from the front room as we stood up. Then I stopped to look at him. “I’ll miss you.” I said as more tears just fell. “Baby, I’m not gone forever. You’ll see me soon.” He said wiping my tears. “I know. But...” “But nothing. I want you to smile and say you’ll be there for me hundred percent.” “Okay.” I whispered forcing a smile. He pulled me into a hug and just held me tight. “Alexander James!” His mother yelled again. “Coming!” He said rolling his eyes. Then we headed down with his luggage in tow.

Two years later at his graduation party I saw him talking to his grandmother. He looked happy with his family around, so I tried staying out of his way, but he wouldn’t let me. “What’s wrong?” He asked walking over. “Alex, you know I love you right?” “Of course. I love you too.” He said looking at me confused. “I don’t...” I started trailing in my words because I didn’t know how to tell him. “Ally, what are you trying to say?” I stood there looking at him before I spoke. “I don’t think... I don’t know how to say this.” “Just say it. Whatever it is.” I stood there a moment. “I think I’m breaking up with you.” I said turning and headed up stairs so he wouldn’t see the tears falling down my face in buckets. Alex just stood there for a moment with a loss of words, then ran up after me. When he found me I was sitting on his bed crying hard. “Why? I thought everything we had was perfect.” He said sitting next to me and wiping my face with his sleeve. “We’ve been together sense I was fifteen and you were what, eighteen?” He started. “Now I’m twenty-one and you’re eighteen. But it’s not the ages I’m worried about.” I said. “What is it then?” “I never see you. You have girls flaunting and trying to get a piece of whatever they can get their hands on...” I paused and swallowed the lump I had in my throat. “I just don’t want that. I’m sorry.” I said placing my hand on his. “I understand. I’m sorry too.” He said as I looked into his eyes. He then got up to go back down stairs. “Alex.” “Yeah, Allison.” He said turning to look at me. “I want you to do something for me.” “What’s that?” “I want you to make love to me one last time before you leave.” He looked at me in shock. “Are you sure?” He said sitting back down and I looked up at him hurt. “Don’t you want too?” “I-I do. But...” “Alex I need you to touch me.” I said biting my lower lip. I got up slowly and moved closer to him. Then I ran my hands through his hair, as he closed his eyes. Then I pressed my lips to his in a warm and gentle kiss. I soon felt his tongue enter my mouth and his hands exploring my body. He carefully laid me down on then bed and he crawled on top of me. “Are you sure you wanna do this?” He asked. “Yeah, I’m sure.” That was the last time Alex and I made love. The next morning we were up at five am getting him ready for his flight back to Germany.

Eight months later I had finally got up the nerve to call him. “Hello?” “Hi Alex.” “Hey, what’s going on?” “I need to tell you something and I don’t know how you’re going to react.” I said nervously. “Okay, what is it?” I was so nervous about telling him. “I’m eight months pregnant.” I said. Wow that wasn’t as hard as I thought. That’s when I heard a click and the line died. I sat there in shock. I couldn’t believe that he just hung up on me. I was really hurt because he’s never hung up on me before. I placed the phone on the table then sat down on the couch and just cried. The one person I could talk too won’t even talk to me. About twenty minutes or so later my phone rang. I checked the caller ID hoping it would be Alex calling back, but it wasn’t and I didn’t recognize the number. So I let the machine pick it up. “Hi you‘ve reached Allison’s machine. Leave your name and number and I might call you back.” Beep. “Yeah, you don’t know me but my name is Kevin Richardson and...” I picked up the phone. “Hello?” “Hi, Allison?” “Yes, this is.” “I’m calling in regards of AJ.” “Who? Oh you mean Alex.” “Yeah. Anyways I’m sorry about that.” “No, it’s not your fault. It’s mine for sleeping with Alex and getting pregnant eight months ago.” I said starting to feel the tears forming again. “I want to help you, what do you want me to do?” He asked. “Kevin, I don’t want you to get involved in this. This is between Alex and myself. I just wanted to hopefully get him to be there during the delivery and to be there for the baby and me.” “I’ll talk to him and see what I can do. But if he won’t be there, I will be.” He said with a smile. “You don’t have to do that.” “Yeah, I do. If AJ likes it or not, you’re now part of this family.” “Thanks Kevin.” “Hey I’ve got to get going. You’ve got my number right?” “Yeah, I’ve got caller ID. So yeah.” “Good. I want you to call me when it’s time, or if you just want to talk to someone. I’m a great listener. Will you do that for me?” He asked. “Okay, I will.” “Well, I’ll talk to you later then. You take care of yourself.” “I will and thanks again Kevin.”
Chapter 1 by Broc30
Chapter 1
It’s now five years later and I’m married to a wonderful man of two and a half years, who I love, with all my heart. At least, I thought he was. “How in the hell could you do this to me!” He yelled. “Kevin what am I supposed to say? I’m sorry he kissed me? He does this every time we get together with Raine. I didn’t know he would actually go through with it after all these years.” “Why shouldn’t he? You did have his child.” He said trying to calm down and taking a seat. I sat down and turned to face him. “Kevin, I love you.” “I love you too.” He said with hurt in his voice. “Yeah, I do love Alex, because he’s Raine’s father. But I married you, not Alex.” I said taking his hand. “Kev, I will always love Alex because he was my first love.” I started as Kevin pulled back and got up to leave. “But you stole my heart the first time I talked to you on the phone. You are my everything and I don’t want to loose that.” I said getting up and placing my arms around his waist from behind. “But the kiss. I know in your heart you felt something when he kissed you.”

He turned around to look at me. “Don’t deny that you didn’t feel it.” “You’re right, I can’t.” I whispered and tried to push away. “I don’t want to let you go.” He started as he grabbed my waist. “I need you to tell me what actually happened between the two of you back then.” He asked. “Kev...” “Don’t tell me you can’t because I know you can. You need to tell me.” He demanded. I looked up into Kevin’s emerald green eyes and saw them gloss over. Then I told him. “I broke up with Alex at his graduation party. But he didn’t understand why I wanted to sleep with him one last time.” “So you could get pregnant.” “No. I loved Alex. We didn’t plan on me getting pregnant. I slept with him one last time so I could remember what I was going to miss. I broke up with him because he wasn’t going to be around and I couldn’t deal with that. I was glad he was in the group.” I paused. “Was?” Kevin said in shock. “Am. I am glad he’s in the group. It was what he’d always wanted in life. This had always been his dream to be in the music business. I told him I was happy for him but...” “You were just afraid that the fame would get to his head.” “Yeah I did. Then when I found out that I was pregnant; I had to tell him. I didn’t plan on him getting mad and hanging up. I was just glad that you called and was there for me.” “You did need someone there for you and I stepped up to the plate because he wouldn’t.” He said and I gave him a smile. “Few months after Raine was born Alex started showing up at my door begging for me to take him back. I kept telling him no because he had a girlfriend and I didn’t think it would be fare for her or his fans.” “Did you know he was still with that same girl before he graduated?” “WHAT?!” I said in shock. “He met Marisa on tour through management.” Kevin said. “Then it was a good thing I broke up with him then.” I said upset as I got up and walked over to the window. “I’m sorry, I thought you knew.” He said. “Kev, can we not talk about him anymore?” He goes up and placed his arms around my waist and kissed me on the shoulder. “If that’s what you want, we don’t have to talk about it anymore.” He said giving me a smile. “I love you babe.” “I love you too, Kevy.”

Few months later Kevin and I were standing by the window in the living room watching the sunset on the water when I broke the silence. “Kevy?” I said as a tear fell onto his arm. “Sweetie, why are you crying?” He asked concerned. “I need to ask you something. It’s been bothering me and you might not like what I’m about to ask.” “What is it?” He asked as I pulled out of his arms. “Why did you stay with me all these years?” “Because I love you!” He said in shock. “Why would you ask me something like that?” “I guess... Well over the last few years of us being together all we’ve done is fight over Alex and our relationship.” I stopped to think. Kevin didn’t say anything. “If you knew that I still had feelings for him why did you stay with me?” “I guess because I knew that he couldn’t commit to just one female. And I guess I knew that you wouldn‘t go back to him.” “Even with his baby?” I said. “Even with a baby. AJ has always played the field. You know that he tried to settle down with Sarah.” “Yeah I did.” “You saw how that turned out. Not so good.” Kevin said. “But Kevy, he’s changed so much over the last few years. He’s been single and not even looking. Yeah he’ll flirt but that’s just him.” I said walking back over to the window. Kevin looked at me with a questioning look. “Ever sense Raine got sick; he’s been showing his softer side. I just don’t know what he’d do if he lost her.” I paused for a moment. “I don’t even know what I’d do if I lost her.” I whispered as more tears just fell.

Kevin looked up at me and saw that I was crying again. He got up placed his hand on my shoulder and I turned around. I buried my face in his chest and just cried. “Baby, whatever happens...”At that moment the doorbell rang cutting him off mid sentence. “Excuse me, babe. I should get that.” He said pulling back and heading to the door. I followed him out to the door. Brian was standing there. “Cuz, where have you been!?” Brian yelled. “What are you talking about? I’ve been home most of the day.” “Why didn’t you answer your cell phone?” “I turned it off when Allison and I were at the hospital. I guess I forgot to turn it back on. Why didn’t you try Allison’s?” “It wasn’t on either.” “Then why didn’t you call the home phone?” “Now why didn’t I think of that?” Brian said now kicking himself in the ass. “Brian, what’s going on with Raine?” I asked. “Raine’s fine right now but she’s not responding to well to her chemo treatment and AJ just took off without warning. I think you should get back to her.” He said. “I should. Kevin are you coming?” I asked as I grabbed my keys and purse. “No, I’m going to give you sometime to be alone with her for awhile.” “Are you sure?” I asked placing my hand on his cheek. “I’m sure.” He said giving a small smile. “I love you so much. I don’t know what I’d do with out you.” I said giving him a kiss. “Who’s with her right now?” I asked looking over at Brian. Nick and Aaron are trying to keep her calm and relaxed. For a five-year-old that’s not easy.” He said placing his hand on my shoulder. I grinned. I’ll call if anything changes.” I said over to Kevin. “Okay. Give her my love.” “I will.” I gave him a kiss then I jumped into my car and headed to the hospital.

Brian followed Kevin and headed back into the house. “Brian, how is she really?” Kevin asked with a look of hurt on his face. “She’s not doing so well. Dr. Kane couldn’t give us a straight answer on how much longer she’s got.” Brian said as he looked over at his cousin. “Kevin what’s going on with you?” Brian asked. “Allison has changed a lot in the last year.” “Of course she has. She’s been worried about losing her daughter and she can’t deal with that.” Brian said. “I mean, she’s been getting closer to AJ the last few months and I’ve not intervened.” Kevin said finally sitting down on the couch. “So you’re letting her get close to him?” “I think I’m going to just end this before one of us gets hurt.” Kevin said placing his hands on his head. “Like you?” Brian said. Kevin just crunched up his nose and nodded his head. “Are you sure that’s the best thing to do?” Brian asked. “I love my wife and I don’t like seeing her like this. I want her to be happy.” “So you think she’ll be happy with AJ? I know she loves him but she also loves you. Are you really sure that filing for divorce so she can have a life with AJ is what she wants and what you really want?” Kevin sat there a moment to think this through. “Brian, over the last few months she’s spent more and more time with him, then with me. Even when there not at the hospital there out together.” Kevin said. “You got to remember that those two have a child who’s very ill and are trying to work things out in there own lives. Why don’t you think about this more before you make your final dissection?” Brian said hoping to change his mind.
Chapter 2 by Broc30
Chapter 2
At the hospital I found Aaron sitting in a rocking chair and looked like he had been reading a magazine and Nick was lying in the bed with Raine. They all looked very peaceful. When I had gotten closer, I could tell that Nick had been crying. I walked over to him and gently placed my hand on his cheek. He stirred a bit before he woke up. “Hey.” Nick whispered. “Hey Nick. How is she doing?” I whispered back. Nick carefully laid her back down before he got off the bed. “She’s been better.” He said with a half smile. “Has Alex been back around?” “He’s back but he’s down in the waiting room trying to get some rest.” Nick said. “Why don’t you go keep him company?” Aaron said sitting up and stretching. “I think I will.” I said looking over at him. “Hey Ally.” “Yeah.” I said turning back around to look at Nick. “Where’s Kevin at?” “He told me he was going to stay at home.” “Oh, okay.” I smiled and then headed out down the hall.

I had found Alex trying to get comfortable in a chair. He had the lights off, sunglasses on, arms crossed over his chest and legs stretched one over the other so I assumed he was asleep. “Typical AJ.” I said smiling at myself. He looked so relaxed. I just sat down next to him and placed my head on his shoulder. “Hey, beautiful.” He whispered. “Hi Alex.” “How is she?” He asked. “She and Nick were lying in bed sleeping when I got here. She looked fine.” “That’s good.” I turned to look at him. “Alex.” He turned to look back at me. “I can’t do this without you. You know that right?” I started. “I know that.” “We both have to be strong for her.” I said starting to cry. “Ally you’re her mother. You’re the stronger one.” He said removing his shades. “You can help her fight this. Raine did wonderfully in chemo today. I think she’s been doing a lot better lately.” He said placing his hand in mine. “I’m just afraid she won’t make it to her next birthday.” I said crying. “Hey, don’t ever think that! She’s a fighter, like her mother. She is going to live to see many of her birthdays.” He said snapping at me. “Alex I’m just scared.” I said as he moved over and wrapped his strong arms around me. “I’m scared too. We just have to keep a happy face and everything will turn out just fine. I promise.” He whispered into my ear. “I love you Alex.” Alex closed his eyes after I had said those three words. “I love you too.” I couldn’t believe I had actually said it after five and a half years. I used to tell him all the time before we broke up. But what is it now that got me to say it to him again? Was it a slip of the tongue or do I really mean it? Yeah, I do love Alex, but do I “LOVE” him like I love Kevin? Right now I’m just so confused.

Few days later I was on the couch reading Raine a story when the guys walked in the room. “Hey beautiful.” Kevin said leaning in and kissed my cheek. “Hi daddy.” Raine said in a low voice. Alex came over, sat down, placed her on his lap and gave her a kiss. “What are you all doing here?” I asked. “Did you forget we’re leaving for the tour in about two hours?” Brian said sitting down by the window. “That’s today?! Oh my god, I totally forgot.” I said as Howie sat down on the edge of the bed. Nick pulled up a chair. “I guess I’ve just had things on my mind lately that I just forgot.” I said feeling really bad. “Daddy.” “Yeah, sweetheart.” “How long are you going to be gone?” Alex looked up at the guys before he could answer. “This is the start of our ‘Black and Blue Around the World’ promotional tour.” Brian said. “We should be back in about two weeks.” Nick said smiling at Raine. “Can you bring me back gifts?” “Don’t we always?” Howie said. “Yes.” “But we did forget once, when we were in Vancouver.” Nick said. “There was also Tokyo, Venice, Berlin, Africa...” “I got the point Kevin. We don’t always but we try.” Howie said. “This time we won’t forget.” Alex said. “Promise?” “For you sweetie, I promise.” He said smiling.

The time flew by fast. As the guys were getting up to leave Alex asked if he could talk to me privately before they left. We headed to the waiting room. “What’s going on?” I asked. “I need you to call me everyday.” “Why?” “I just need to know that she’s doing okay.” “You’re going to be gone two weeks. Why can’t you call?” I asked. “I guess I could call when we land in Tokyo.” He said sitting down and I sat next to him. “But will you call me tomorrow morning?” But aren’t you going to be in Stockholm?” “Yeah.” “There’s a big time difference.” I said as he looked at me hurt. “I’ll leave a message to let you know how she’s doing.” I said placing my hand on his.

Alex and I sat there for a while not speaking. “Alex, I want you to be happy and have fun on this journey. This is your biggest experience ever. To see the many fans who never get the chance to see you in concert. To travel to five continents in a hundred hours. Something no other group has ever done.” I started as I looked over at him and saw a single tear fall from his eye. “I want you to go got with a bang. Make your fans proud. Make your daughter and me proud.” I said giving him a smile. “Why are you so good to me after the ways I’ve treated you all these years?” Alex asked looking up at me. “It’s because I do still care about you.” I said getting up. “Allison.” “Yeah, Alex.” I said turning back to see him walking over to me. “The other day... did you mean when you said that you loved me?” “Alex of course I love you.” “No, I mean, do you love me like I still love you?” He said placing his hands on my arms and pulling me closer to him. “Alex... I...” That’s when I felt his lips brush across mine. I could feel my eyes close and I started breathing harder. We soon were drawn into each other in a passionate kiss. “Alex I do still love you...” I whispered. But what I didn’t know was that Kevin saw and heard what I said. “But I can’t.” I said pulling back from him. “Baby I want you back in my life. I want you back in my arms where you belong. I want us to be a family. The type of family I never had. I mean, we never had. Two loving parents raising there child together.” “I wanted that along time ago. But that all changed the second you hung up that phone on me. You could have called me back or called anytime after that. The first time you showed up at my door was when you found out that Kevin and I started dating. Then it took you going to rehab to show up at my door again asking me back. I know you’ve grown the past five years, so have I. Raine wants to see you happy when you walk into the room or on stage. When you’re having a good time she is also.”

I stood there a moment before I continued. “Alex, I miss what we used to have.” I said. “We can work it out somehow.” He said. “But that’s all over now. I’m married to Kevin; I love Kevin, he’s...” “Are you sorry for what happened just now?” “About the kiss? No. I’m not sorry for our kiss. It just brings back the good memories we had together.” “Then you might want to explain that to Kevin.” Alex said as I turned to see Kevin walking away. I ran out after him. “Kevin!” I yelled. He stopped and slowly turned around. It’s okay, I’m fine.” He said grinning. “No you’re not fine. Can we talk about this?” “We do need to talk, but can we do it when I get back?” “I suppose so.” I said as we walked back into Raine’s room. Everyone was giving Raine hugs and kisses then it was my turn for them. “Take care of her.” Nick whispered into my ear. “ I will.” I said giving him a small smile. “You know that you’ll always be in his heart know matter what happens. You and Raine are all Kevin ever talked about the last five years.” Brian said while hugging me. “Brian, Kevin is my whole life and I love him. I married him because I love him and he’s always been there for Raine and me. I don’t want to loose him for anything.” I whispered back. Then I walked over to Howie. “Hey Howie.” “How are you doing?” He asked. “I’ve been better.” I said giving him a big hug. “Just keep smiling and things will get better.” He whispered then kissed my cheek. After pulling back from Howie I walked over to Alex and wrapped my arms around his neck. “I’m sorry.” He whispered. “It’s okay.“ I whispered as I pulled back and smiled. Then I slowly walked over to Kevin and started to cry. He stood there with his hands in his pockets and his facial expression never changed. “Kevin, I love you.” I whispered. He stood there a second before responding. “I love you too.” He said turning and walking away. I stood there in total shock. Brian walked back over and placed his hand on my back. “Just give him sometime.” He said as I turned to look at him. “This will be good for him to getaway from all the stress right now.” “I guess you’re probably right. Can you just keep a close eye on him for me?” “Of course.” He said hugging me again. “If you need someone to talk to Leighanne is here for you.” He said heading to the door. “Thanks Brian.”
Chapter 3 by Broc30
Chapter 3
That Friday before the guys were to head back Dr. Kane came in and told me some news. “Mrs. Richardson.” She said walking into the room. “Yes.” I said looking up from the book I was reading to Raine. “I have some great news for the both of you.” She started with a huge smile on her face. “Raine’s cancer is gone and...” That’s all I needed to hear when I got up and hugged the doctor. “That’s wonderful news.” I said. “I can go home?” Raine asked. I pulled back from the doctor. “Can she?” “She can go home first thing in the morning.” She said. I hugged her again and just started crying. “Thank you so much.” “No, I just want you to take care of this brave girl. She’s got a lot of supporters on her side. All those men in her life are a lifesaver.” She stated as she place Raine’s chart down. “I remember one evening Mr. Littrell was sitting next to your daughter holding her hand and they where both praying.” I smiled. “Then there was Mr. McLean. He always had a silly story to tell her in the craziest voices. With Mr. Dorough, he always brought her a beanie baby every week. The Carter Brother’s, now those two were too much to handle. They made the nurse’s laugh.” Dr. Kane paused to collect herself be for continuing and I tried so hard not to bust a gut. “Then there was your husband. When I saw him with her, I got all chocked up. He would sit in that rocking chair and sing her to sleep every night. He has got the most soothing voice.” She said. “Kevin does drive the ladies crazy with his sensual voice.” I said grinning. “My question is... why do they all look familiar?” I smiled at her then I whispered. “They’re the Backstreet Boys.” Her eyes got wide then she was speechless. “Are they coming back later?” “No, they’re on tour.” I said. “I see.” She said with a disappointed look. I glared at her before saying something. “Dr. Kane. You’ve got a crush on Howie don’t you?” “What? No. Where did you get that crazy idea? And call me Sue.” She said blushing. “I’ve been here long enough to see your eyes flirting with him. Cause he was doing the same.” I said as she perked up. “Would you like me to have him call you when he gets back?” I asked her. “I can’t... I shouldn’t... Would you?” “Of course.” I said smiling. She grabbed her notebook and wrote something down. “Mrs. Richardson,” “Allison.” I said interrupting. She smiled then continued. “Okay Allison. This is my personal cell number.” She said handing the paper to me. I ripped it in half and wrote down a number for her. “This is his cell number. Whatever you do, not lose it and give it to no one.” She nodded her head in agreement. “They will be back in the area on Sunday sometime and I’ll let him know you have his cell number and I’ll have him call you.” I said. “Thank you so much, Allison. Well good night and I’ll see you two in the morning. Oh by the way congratulations.” She said and I smiled as I walked back into the room.

Few nights later Raine and I were sitting on the porch when I heard his voice. “Allison are you here?” Kevin asked placing his keys on the key hook. “I’m out on the porch.” I said before placing my finger to my lips for Raine not to say anything. I got up and walked over to the door to meet him halfway. He wrapped his arms around me and I just took in his scent. “I’ve missed you so fu...” Then he saw her. “Raine?” He said pulling back in shock. Hi Uncle Kevin.” She said getting up and hugging him. “When did...?” “Two days ago.” I said smiling. “So how was everything?” I asked. “It was great.” He said taking a seat. “The guys will be coming by in about an hour.” “Why what’s going on?” I said sitting down next to him. “Nothing really. We just need to clear some things up, that’s all.” He said smiling over at Raine as she played on the floor with her dolls. “Right now I want to spend my time sitting here with my two favorite ladies.” While sitting their watching Raine play I kept looking over at Kevin. Something was going on and I was starting to get concerned. Before I could say anything the doorbell rang. So I got up and answered it. “Hey guys.” I said opening the door smiling. “Hey ya Ally.” Brian said in a way to chipper tone. “Oh, hey Howie.” “Wazup.” “You remember Dr. Kane?” “Yeah, I remember Sue... I mean Dr... I mean... Oh screw it. Yeah I remember her.” He said blushing and running his hand through his hair. “She wanted me to give you this.” I said handing him the paper. “Her cell number!?” He said getting wide eyed and flashing a huge smile. “Yep. I also gave her yours and she’s expecting your call.” “Thanks Ally.” He said kissing me on the cheek. “Hey girlie girl.” Nick yelled. “Hey hot stuff.” I said as I hugged him. “How you doing?” He whispered. “I’m doing good.” “That’s good. Well we better get in there and see what your husband has to say.” He said as we walked into the other room. Raine was now sitting on Alex’s lap with her head on his chest and his arms wrapped around her. I didn’t see him come in because he had come in from the back. Nick and I took a seat. I sat on the couch between Kevin and Brian.

I was starting to worry again as to what Kevin had to tell everyone. “I’m sorry to be doing this the day we get back, but I needed to get this done and over with.” Kevin said as he got up and headed out of the room. When he got back he handed me a large envelope. “What is this?” I asked. “Just open it.” He said sitting back down. I carefully opened the envelope and pulled out the papers. After going through them I was at a loss of words. “What are they?” Nick asked. “Divorce papers?” I said looking over at Kevin. “All you have to do is sigh them and you’re free to be with him again.” “Kevin I don’t know what to say.” I said looking back at the papers I had in my hands. “Just say you’ll sign them.” “Kevin...” “Please...just sign the papers.” “Can we talk about this?” “Baby, I’m done talking. Please just do this for me so I can get on with my life.” He said as he got up and walking back into the house. I looked over at Alex and he just shook his head. Then I stood up and yelled. “KEVIN SCOTT RICHARDSON, STOP!” I yelled as I ran in after him. He stood by the stairs as I walked over to him. “Why can’t you do this for me?” He asked as I placed my hand on his back. “Because I love you and...and that I’m pregnant.” I whispered. “Where having a baby?” He said turning around and placing his arms around me. “Yeah, we are.” Kevin pulled back and looked at me. “Are you truly happy with me?” He asked. “Yes of course. Why are you asking me something like that?” “But when I see you with AJ...” “I’ve told him that I’m happy and I didn’t want to lose you for anything. I told him that I loved you too much to ever leave you or hurt you.” “What about the papers?” “I’m not now or ever going to sign those divorce papers. Can we just rip them up and forget this ever happened?” “Sweetie, I did this for you and Raine. She needs to have both her parents to look after her.” “She will have us both. But she’s also got you. Her stepfather whom she loves deeply. Whom I love unconditionally. I will never leave you my love.” I said standing on my tiptoes to give him a kiss. He leaned down and returned it with a little more passion. Kevin ran his hands through my hair and I wrapped my arms around his waist. “I love you Allison.” He whispered into my ear. I love you too.” I whispered back.

While we were walking back to the porch Kevin grabbed my hand. The guys were all talking about how the tour went. “Is everything okay?” Brian asked looking over at us. “Yeah, everything is the way it should be.” I said as I sat back down on the couch. “Raine why don’t you go play in your room so the big people can talk for awhile.” Alex whispered to her. “Okay, daddy.” She said getting up. I sat there listening to the guys and I couldn’t keep my eyes off Kevin. “I still can’t believe all those fans.” Nick said laughing. “I just can’t believe you wore that poncho.” Kevin said. “I’m signing over custody.” Alex blurted out. I looked over at Alex. “What did you say?” I asked him. “I’m going to sign over full custody to Kevin.” “Why would you do some thing like that?” Kevin asked. “Because I think it’s only fare that she have two parents.” “Alex she does have two parents, plus one.” I said. “But don’t you think she needs both parents with her at all times. Kevin’s here and...” “No. AJ that’s not fare to Raine.” Kevin said defending me. “Maybe she should have a voice in this.” Nick said. “He’s right; Raine does have a right to say.” Kevin said. “Fine, whatever.” Alex said storming out of the room. I got up and went after him. “Alex!” I said as he was heading to the front door. “Alex will you stop!” I started. He finally stopped and sat down on the steps. “Where did you get the idea that I didn’t want you to be her father anymore?” I asked. “I just thought it would be much easier for her to just...” “But that is not your choice to decide, is it?” “I guess not.” “Sweetie, you love that little girl. She has always made you smile and put you in a better mood. Dropping her out from your life will just kill you.” “I also thought it would be a lot easier just to do this and just get out of your lives so I can get on with mine.” As I was hearing what he was saying I started to cry. “Alex, you are our life. I know that we won’t be together, but you will always be apart of our lives. I don’t want you to hurt that little girl by making her give you up forever. You are and always will be apart of her. Inside and out.” “Mommy why are you and daddy crying?” Raine asked as the stood on the stairs. “Daddy wants to leave.” I said to her as I wiped my eyes. “Daddy, were you coming back?” He turned to look at her. “No baby, I wasn’t coming back anymore.” “Never ever?” “No.” He whispered. “Why, don’t you love me anymore?” She said starting to cry. “Baby, I will always love you no matter what.” Alex said grabbing her hand. “Then why were you and mommy fighting about me?” “Daddy thinks that Uncle Kevin should be your daddy now.” I said as the tears just fell. “I don’t want Uncle Kevin as my only daddy. I want you as my daddy too.” She said in a very heartbreaking tone in her voice as she sat down on his lap. “Daddy I don’t want you to go. I love you. Will you stay please?” She said wrapping her arms around him. “I won’t go.” He said hugging her and closing his eyes. “Do you promise?” I asked. He opened his eyes and looked at me. He then touched my arm then said. “I promise you, I’m not going anywhere.” He whispered. “Thank you AJ. I don’t think I’m ready to raise two children.” Kevin said in the doorway. Alex’s eyes got wide. “You’re having a baby?” He said in shock. “Why didn’t you say anything before I made a total ass of myself?” “I just didn’t think you were going to drop this on me. Anyways I’m sorry.” I said. “I’m sorry too.” Alex said. We all then headed back in to the other room with the rest of the guys.

The End
End Notes:
Tell me what you think. I love feed back from everyone.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9760