The Reunion by krazigal23_2004
Summary:

Nick Carter's childhood friend visits with her family one summer, bringing with her a secret that will shake the foundations of their friendship.

How will Nick handle things once he finds out her secret? Will they get their friendship back or will they be more?


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 2 Completed: No Word count: 1218 Read: 2390 Published: 07/22/09 Updated: 07/25/09

1. Chapter 1 by krazigal23_2004

2. Chapter 2 by krazigal23_2004

Chapter 1 by krazigal23_2004
Chapter One

Meriah's POV

“Meriah, honey, me and your father have decided where to go on vacation this summer.” That is all I needed to hear.

“Let me guess…you wanna go to Tampa?” Hi, I think that I should introduce myself. My name is Meriah Pate and I am 17 years old. 5'9”, short wavy brown hair with red highlights. I have blueish green eyes. I have a 15 month old son named Joseph, who I love more than anything. I don't talk to his father anymore than I have to. I lived in Jamestown, New York 'till I was 6 years old and then we moved to Tampa and lived there 'till I was 13.

“Meriah, how did you know? Please don't tell me you 'just happened to overhear' my phone conversation with Jane,” my mom said while trying to look mad, but couldn't.

“Guilty,” was all I was able to say because we both knew that is what happened.

~A few days later~

I'm still trying to come back to reality when I hear my choir teacher yell “Meriah, would you please pay attention to the front of the class?!” After I “obey” the teacher, I hand my best friend, Elizabeth “Beth” Johnson, a note asking her to come over after school today to help me pack for my trip that is in one week. Which starts the weekend after graduation.

Nick's POV

“Mom, exactly what am I supposed to do all summer? Well, besides trying not to go all red in the face every time she walks into a room?” I mumble the last bit to myself while trying very hard, but failing, not to let mom and BJ know true feelings about this family coming to visit.

“Nick, you can be nice. Oh, and why don't you have the guys over to meet them,” mom told me. “Now, go play basketball with Brian. I think he is waiting in the living room.”

“Thanks mom.” I exit the room to go retrieve Brian to go play some hoops out back.

~Meanwhile back inside~

“Do you think he still likes Meriah? He is going to be confused when he finds out who Joseph is to them.”

“Yes BJ. I know he still likes her. I am not looking forward to the time when he finds out the truth about Joey though. Let's just hope that everything goes smoothly for this visit.”
Chapter 2 by krazigal23_2004
The Reunion(ch.2)
Chapter Two

“Meriah, thank you very much for inviting me to go along w/you and your family on your trip,” Elizabeth kept on saying over the course of the week before our trip.

“Beth, did Meriah ever tell you that before we moved back to Jamestown, we lived in Tampa right next door to her best guy friend that you might know as Nick Carter?” Seeing the look on my face, my dad left me to my own devices with my best friend just staring at me in disbelief.

“What? I didn't think it was really important,” I told Beth before she could scream. She would scream because the Backstreet Boys were our fave band with her favorite member being AJ McLean and mine being of course…Nick.

“Don't worry. I'm not going to scream at you. I will if I am not able to meet him when we get down there. Hey, did you ever think of staying longer then your parents are planning? Seeing as now we are both graduates, and don't have school to worry about anymore?” Beth asked.

“Well, Beth. We will just have to wait and see what will happen when we get there.”

~the day of the trip~

Nick's POV

After calling AJ, I decided to chill out alone and went up to my room that I shared with Aaron, and just lied on down on my bed and stared at the ceiling thinking about the last time I saw Ms. Meriah Pate. I was so focused on my thoughts that I didn't hear or see Leslie trying to get my attention.

“Nickolas Gene Carter. Mom wants you to wake up and go to the airport with her and dad to pick up the Pates, and Meriah's friend. She says that if you are not out in the car in 5 minutes, then you will have to just stay here and wait until they get back.”

After hearing that, I bolted up and out the door to where we kept the cars, to see my parents waiting for me laughing at the way I ran out the house.

~on the plane~

Meriah's POV

I was so excited that I could hardly wait until the plane lands, we get off, and I could see Nick again and introduce Beth and Joseph to everyone.

I was so preoccupied that I didn't hear the pilot tell us that we're about to land at the Tampa International Airport (TPA). Suddenly I thought, “What if he doesn't remember me?”, “What if he doesn't like Joseph?” Oh, well. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

~at the airport waiting for the plane to land~

Nick's POV

“Bob, when we get home, you can show Dan and Sarah to where they'll be staying. While Nick and I…Nick what are…”

Mom finally caught that I was not paying attention to what she was talking about. After realizing what had caught my attention, she turned and said, “Look there they are.”

Meriah's POV

After exiting the plane, we walked over to where we saw Bob, Jane, and Nick waiting for us. Moment of truth. Jane finally noticed we were there and ran and greeted my mom while Bob greeted dad. Nick just stood there shocked to see us again.

After waiting for him to come and greet us, I handed Joey over to Beth and ran over and greeted him myself. Then when that was done, I introduced Beth to Nick and Joey to Nick.

I had told my parents that I wasn't going to tell Nick that Joey was my son, not just yet. I want to wait until we get to know each other again. I told Nick that Joseph was my adopted brother.

~on the ride back to Nick's house~

“Nick, why don't you show Meriah and Beth your boat when they get settled?” Bob suggests. Nick just nods his head because he is too busy trying to figure out why Joseph and I look so much alike to be adopted siblings.

'Looks like I'm going to have to tell him soon.'

Nick's family already knows the truth, but have promised not to tell him because that was something that I had to and needed to tell him myself.

“Meriah, you, Beth, and Joseph can take the room next to Nick's,” Jane commented.

~Nick's House~

Nick's POV

“Meriah and Beth, I want you to meet my best friends and their girlfriends. Brian and Leighanne, this is Beth and Meriah, Meriah's parents, and their adopted son Joseph.”

Brian and Leighanne had a look on their face that made me wonder yet again, what secrets were floating around as I was introducing everyone.

“Nick, why don't you do introductions after everyone gets settled.” Brian mentioned.

“Alright Brian. Ladies, this is your room and hope you enjoy your stay in Florida.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9784