Missing by summer03
Summary:

The boys are back and promoting their biggest album ever. While in Miami, something goes wrong and AJ goes missing. But why? By who?

 


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys, Fanfiction > TV Series > CSI Characters: AJ
Genres: Action, Drama, Suspense
Warnings: Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 12900 Read: 21615 Published: 10/07/09 Updated: 06/07/10

1. Chapter 1 by summer03

2. Chapter 2 by summer03

3. Chapter 3 by summer03

4. Chapter 4 by summer03

5. Chapter 5 by summer03

6. Chapter 6 by summer03

7. Chapter 7 by summer03

8. Chapter 8 by summer03

9. Chapter 9 by summer03

10. Chapter 10 by summer03

11. Chapter 11 by summer03

12. Chapter 12 by summer03

13. Epilogue by summer03

Chapter 1 by summer03




Chapter 1 – Missing

“AJ?” Nick said his hand automatically touching the ooze flowing out of his head.

“Blood?” he whispered as he saw the red liquid on his fingers. He became frighten remembering only that AJ had paused the video game to go get the door. Instead of room service something had gone wrong but all he remembered is someone in a ski mask hit him. He finally realized that AJ was nowhere to be found.

“AJ!” He yelled as he searched the suite but he was nowhere to be found he ran to the next suite where Howie was staying.

“Help,” Nick yelled disoriented and sadden by his missing friend.

“What’s wrong Nick,” Howie asked as he answered the door and then he saw the large gash on his head. “What happened? Leigh call an ambulance!” he yelled back inside as he helped Nick.

“No… I am fine AJ… he’s missing.” He managed to say finally breaking down…

********

“Mr. Carter?” Nick heard a voice call him out as a paramedic looked at his head.

“I am Horatio Caine lieutenant in the crime scene investigation. I would like to have a word with you,” Horatio said removing his sunglasses as he reached the young man.

“Whatever you need to find AJ,” Nick said trying to compose himself.

“We will try to find him Nick but tell me do you of anyone who might want him dead?”

Nick shook his head, “No not that I know of,” he whispered and then looked at the lieutenant with worry, “He’s not dead right?” he stuttered the question.

“Let’s hope not Nick,” Horatio said as he walked to suite 201 where everything had occurred. “Talk to me Eric,” he said as he saw him dusting for finger prints.

“H,” Eric said looking up to see Horatio, “Based on the amount of blood right here by the door there is a chance this pop star is not alive.”

“A pop star with a past,” Calleigh interjected as she walked in. “AJ McLean has had past addictions to drugs and alcohol. Maybe he slipped and pissed off some drug dealer?”

“No AJ would tell me if he was craving,” Brian said walking in as he heard the Detective’s presumption, “He takes it day by day… we would know if he was off the wagon.”

“Who are you,” Calleigh Duquesne asked as she faced the man that had come in defense of her investigation.

“I am Brian Littrell one of his band mates,” Brian said worriedly. “I am sorry for my abrupt defensive comment but we all know AJ and we can all assure you he’s clean.”

“H, I just spoke to a waiter from the restaurant downstairs and he says he did see a suspicious Black SUV parked close to the alley in the back,” Ryan Wolfe said as he walked into the suite.

“That means our crime scene has expanded,” Horatio said as he faced his other agent. “Why don’t you and Natalia check the alley Wolfe?”

“I’m on it,” Wolfe said walking out.

******

“Just state the truth and talk to who ever has him like you expect to get him back,” Horatio told the three men that were about to announce of AJ’s disappearance.

“Should we offer a reward for his return?” Howie asked.

“Not yet first we must find out why AJ?” Horatio said. “The camera is ready just keep it simple guys.”

The men sighed heavily as they tried to control the emotion they didn’t want to show in public. The truth they all had seen the amount of blood on the carpet of AJ’s suite and they had heard the very low chances of AJ being alive at this moment.

“Brian you should do it,” Howie said.

“What?”

“Nick is barely holding it together,” Howie spoke in hushed tones, “I think you should do it.”

Brian nodded, “All right.”

He took a deep breath and stood at the podium in front of the microphone that was set up. He saw the lieutenant nod and he took a deep breath before speaking.

“My name is Brian Litrell. My close friend and band mate AJ McLean has been kidnapped. If the person who took him is out there watching, please let AJ go. We need him to be here with us, his family. AJ, if you are watching, we all love you and are praying for your safe return.”

Brian nodded and had to look down so he wouldn’t break down. He had heard about famous people going missing he had never expected it to be one of them. He heard the mumbling from the press as they began to throw questions at him. He sighed as an officer escorted him and the other two men away.

Howie took in a deep breath as he heard lieutenant Caine talk to the press. “At the moment that is all we can share with in regards to Mr. McLean. But if anyone knows anything that can help us find him before its too late…” he stopped hearing the lieutenant as he saw that Nick was hyperventilating.

“It will be fine Nick… AJ is a fighter.” Howie told his youngest friend.

“It’s my fault Howie if I would have heard when…” he couldn’t even speak anymore.

“Come on let’s get you to the hotel you need to rest,” Brian said as he joined them.

******
Chapter 2 by summer03
Author's Notes:
Thanks for the reviews! ~ Patti and Krystle
Chapter 2:

Flashback

“Man I’m so pumped about going to Miami!” Nick exclaimed after their plane leveled off in the air, “It’s like going home but not really ya know? And we get to share a room together again which we haven’t done in ages and we can do a bunch of stuff like order room service and pig out and play video games and…”

“Nick! Nick,” AJ interrupted.

“What?”

“It’s important to breathe when you’re talking,” AJ chuckled at his friend’s ramblings.

“Right. Anyway I think it’ll be great right?”

“Yeah Nick. It’ll be great. We’ll do whatever you want.”

“Really?” Nick asked excitedly.

“Yes.”

AJ had to smile at the look on Nick’s face. He looked like a kid in a candy store. He knew it meant a lot to him that the two of them spend time together. They hadn’t really had a chance to since starting dance rehearsals and their promo tour.

“You’re right,” AJ agreed, “it’ll be great.”

[End of Flashback]

“Nick man you got to calm down,” Howie spoke trying to calm the younger man.

“This is my fault. I insisted on calling for room service and AJ answered the door. It should have been me. Then this wouldn’t have happened.”

“You don’t know that Nick,” Brian argued, “We could be looking for you.”

“Right,” Howie agreed, “Maybe … maybe AJ wasn’t targeted. What if…”

“What?” Nick prompted when Howie trailed off.

“What if all four of us are and AJ just happened to be the first?”

“Oh come on Howie!” Nick disagreed, “That’s something out of the movies.”

“Guys I really hate to say this, or even think this but what if the detectives are right?”

“What do you mean?” Howie asked.

“What if… what if AJ is using again and he pissed somebody off?”

“No! No!” Nick shook his head emphatically, “He is not using again. I know it. He’s been doing so well and he was so amped up about the album dropping and the tour. I know he wasn’t using. There has to be another reason this happened.”

“Okay Nick. Calm down. I didn’t mean to upset you,” Brian apologized, “I don’t want to think that either.”

Nick narrowed his eyes at Brian, “I don’t think it Brian. I know it! There has to be another reason!”

“All right guys,” Howie stepped in, “Let’s get back to the hotel. We should call Denise and make sure she is okay.”

Brian sighed softly, “All right. Let’s go.”

The group piled into the car that had driven them to the police station and headed back to the hotel they had been staying in.

“Brian?” Nick asked quietly.

“Yeah Nick?”

“Can I stay with you? They won’t let me back in my room. Not that I want to go in there anyway.”

“Of course you can.”

“Thanks.”

Brian watched his friend and could see the turmoil in his face. Nick was feeling guilty over something he had no control over.

***

Once they reached the hotel, Brian and Nick went back to the Litrell’s room where Leighanne and Baylee were waiting for them to return.

“What happened?” Leighanne asked as soon as they entered the room.

“We had to record a message they are going to play on the news, basically begging for whoever did this to let AJ go.”

“Uncle Nick do you want to come play me?” Baylee asked unaware of what had happened.

Leighanne hadn’t told him as she didn’t want to frighten her son.

“Not now,” Nick answered and dropped down on the couch.

“Please? You haven’t played with me in a long time,” Baylee whined.

“I said not now!” Nick snapped.

Baylee burst into tears and ran to Leighanne, hiding behind her leg.

“Nick!”

“I’m sorry Leighanne. I didn’t mean it.”

“Apologize!”

Nick got up and knelt down so he was in eye level with Baylee.

“Hey Bay? I’m really sorry I yelled at you. I didn’t mean to. I don’t feel really good right now. I’m sorry.”

Baylee sniffled and nodded, “Okay.”

“Do you want to read me story?” Nick asked.

“Mmm okay.”

Baylee went to find one of his books and climbed up on the couch beside Nick.

***

“What happened at the station?” Leigh asked when Howie returned.

“We had to record a message for whoever did this. You know asking to return AJ to us.”

Leigh nodded, “Do you have any idea who did this or why?”

“No,” Howie shook his head and sighed, “Brian thinks it was drug related. Nick is adamant that it wasn’t.”

“What do you think?”

“I want to believe that Nick is right and it was something else. But no one really knows. Hopefully the police will find him and he will be okay.”

“I’m sure he will be. AJ is strong. He’s a fighter.

Howie nodded sadly and embraced his wife, “I hope you are right.”
Chapter 3 by summer03
Author's Notes:
Here it is...
Chapter 3: Cell phone

“Mrs. Solis!” Horatio said in a firm voice. “We are trying the best we can! I want to find your son just as much as you do but if you don’t calm down I will have to ask you to leave.”

“That’s my baby,” Denise said beginning to sob. “He needs to be ok…” she began to cry.

“Mrs. Solis here drink some water,” Calleigh said handing her a bottle of water. “We need to ask you a few questions that will help us…” she gave her arm a squeeze.

“Anything,” Denise said looking up at the blonde detective. She couldn’t help but smile as she saw her if her son was here he would have already begun to flirt with her.

“Ok do you know of anyone that might want to hurt your son?” Calleigh asked.

“No Alex had a big heart and even if he has the bad boy look. He is not… he’s a kind old soul,” Denise said sobbing.

“I believe you Mrs. Solis but, there is a possibility that someone may have something against him.” Calleigh said calmly.

“Denise,” she said clearing her throat, “call me Denise.”

“Ok Denise,” Calleigh said as she put a strand of her hair behind her ear. “Did he ever mention to you of any threats he might have received? Anything you can think of that can help us?”

“Detective Duquesne my son’s only enemy was himself. He had so much in him he never learned to release his emotions. He has no enemies,” Denise said firmly. “Alex loves his fans and is a people pleaser he will make ways to make someone happy.”

“Calleigh,” Eric said walking into the interrogating room. “Tripp has found the mysterious black SUV that that waiter saw at the hotel room. He found it abandoned in the Everglades, we have to go.”

“I want to go,” Denise said hearing the other detective.

“Unfortunately you can not but, I promise we will do our best to find whatever we can to help find your son.” Calleigh said giving the woman a small hopeful smile. “An officer will drive you to the hotel where the rest of your son’s band mates are.”

******

“Howie,” Denise said as she hugged the young man. “Why my baby?”

“I am so sorry Denise but we will find him.” Howie told her not believing it himself. He had just heard about the SUV that was found in the Everglades.

“Come on Denise you must be tired from the trip,” Leigh interjected as she wrapped her arms around her. “Get some rest,” she said sympathetically.

“I can’t rest without knowing where my son is and if he’s….” she couldn’t even say the word.

“Mr. Dorough,” Natalia interrupted. “We need to know if AJ had a cell phone.”

“Yes it was missing when you guys searched his suite, I even tried calling him but I was sent straight to voicemail.” Howie answered the detective as he followed her. He gave Leigh a look to tell her to take care of the very disoriented Denise.

“I believe we have found it in the SUV,” Natalia informed the oldest member of the group. “We have Wolfe checking it out to see if maybe we can find out who he spoke to before all this happened.”

********

“Twelve ten right?” Brian said handing the lady a twenty. He had gone down to the restaurant to get some dessert for his son. At this point what he really wanted was to take his family away from all this. “Keep the change,” he said as he grabbed the bag with the desserts.

“I’m sorry,” Brian said as he bumped into someone on the way to the elevators. But before he could look up and see who he felt the nudge on the side of the ribcage.

“Don’t scream and start walking toward the back exit.” Is all he heard as he realized what was happening?

“Ok, ok just promise me you won’t hurt my family,” Brian stuttered as he began to walk letting go of the bag.

“Don’t look at me just walk,” he heard the very strong woman say as she continued to nudge him with the gun….

******

“Mrs. Littrell where is your husband?” Horatio Caine asked as he saw that he was the only one missing in the suite.

“He went to get an ice cream for Baylee,” Leighanne said not really grasping Horatio’s question.

“Did an officer accompany him?” He asked as he began to walk out of the room.

“No,” Leighanne stuttered as she began to worry. “Is he in danger too?”

“Just no one move stay in here,” were his last words as ran out of the room.

********

“Are you ok?” Leighanne said as she hugged her husband.

“Yeah detective Caine and Boa Vista got to me on time,” Brian said hugging his wife back. “She escaped though,” he said sighing.

“Yes she did but not before leaving thess,” Horatio said as he flashed a pair of Gucci sunglasses. “Natalia get this to the lab, check for any epithelia;s” he said handing her the sunglasses.

“On it,” Natalia said as she took them.

“I have to say with this it has come clear this is not just about Mr. McLean but something more. I have to ask for all of you stay put and only leave this place with an escort. I hope your management has canceled any events you may have had.” Caine said as he grimaced remembering just how close he was to losing another Backstreet boy member. “Before this I was here to inform you that we suspect that whoever has AJ has taken care of his injury, we found gauze and other medical supplies with AJ’s DNA in the SUV. Our major evidence is his cell phone and as soon I know something reliable on that I will inform you.”

**********

“Pain horrid pain,” That’s all AJ felt as he began to gain consciousness. He moaned and tried to move causing more pain.

“Well look here,” he said sneering as he saw AJ move. “About time you came back,” he said hitting AJ right on the wound.

“Argh,” AJ moaned but yet he could not even move much he knew he was tied up. “Who are you?” He managed to say as he realized he was also blindfolded.

“You’ll know soon enough,” the man said hitting him hard.

AJ only moaned as he felt the only air he had in his lungs leave him at the blow on his chest. Before he knew it he was going out again…

“What did you do?” Tamara asked as she walked into the empty storage room they had rented.

“He was starting to ask too many questions,” Daniel said as he shrugged. “Where’s the other backstreet boy?”

“I couldn’t take him the police have tightened the surveillance in the hotel. I was close to getting caught so I had to leave him behind.” Tamara said lighting up a cigarette. “Daniel lets just ask for the ransom and let this man go,” she said looking at the very pale unconscious man.

“Tammy…” Daniel gritted his teeth as he said her name. “Not yet lets have some fun here, you will get your money don’t worry.”

“I just don’t understand why you’re obsessed with keeping him alive. It would be much easier to kill him and just request the money. By the time they find his body we can be in Costa Rica drinking and living the life.” Tammy said as she finished her smoke.

“Relax we will get rid of him soon enough,” Daniel said kissing her aggressively. He pulled away and stared at her, “I still need you to continue to work there so you can keep me informed on what’s going on,” he told her.

********


Chapter 4 by summer03

Chapter 4:

AJ groaned as consciousness slowly crept back into his mind. He shivered against the cold that emanated from the concrete floor he was laying on. He opened his eyes and was met with complete darkness which told him he was still blindfolded. Every muscle in his body ached and his chest burned slightly as he coughed. He wondered what had been done to him briefly and also where he was. He groaned again as he pushed himself to a seated position, as best he could given his arms were tied behind his back.

AJ strained to hear anything that would tell him where he was being held. He could hear a man and woman arguing and the sound of a metal door creaking open. He jumped in his skin when the door slammed shut.

“Oh goodie. The Backstreet Bitch is awake,” a female voice spoke sarcastically.

AJ rolled his eyes behind the blindfold at the dig and cleared his throat, “Who are you? Where am I?”

Tammy walked over to the man and knelt down in front of him. She heard his stomach growl fiercely when she placed the plate of food in front of him. She reached behind AJ’s head and untied the bandanna she had used to blindfold him.

AJ blinked and was greeted with the sight of a petite woman with emerald green eyes and fiery red hair.

“Who are you?”

“You don’t need to know that. Now since my boyfriend is insisting we don’t kill you,” she glanced at AJ’s face looking for a reaction and wasn’t disappointed when she saw his eyes widen slightly and his back straighten, “I have to give you food.”

AJ tried again, “What the hell is going on? Where am I?”

“Somewhere no one will find you for a very … long … time.”

Tammy picked up the plate and lifted a fork full to AJ’s mouth. He just stared at her not taking the food. His stomach growled again but he didn’t move.

“Eat the damn chicken. I don’t have all night.”

He sighed grudgingly and opened his mouth allowing her to feed him. His hunger took over and he quickly ate the entire plate.

“Thanks.”

“Whatever,” Tammy replied and opened a bottle of water.

She held it to his lips and AJ quickly drank down half the bottle. He ran his tongue along his bottom lip collecting the drops that had fallen when she pulled the bottle away. He watched her movements trying to figure out how he could get her to tell him what was happening.

“That chicken was good. Did you make it yourself?”

Tammy rolled her eyes, “Charming me will get you no where McLean.”

AJ sighed and shifted trying to get more comfortable, “Can you please untie me?”

“No.”

“Please? My shoulders are killing me.”

“Too bad. How stupid do you think I am? As soon as I untie your hands, you’ll come at me and try to get out of here.”

“I don’t hit women.”

“Good for you,” she responded sarcastically.

She collected her belongings and stood up to leave. She was at the door when AJ called out to her.

“Tamara.”

She turned slightly stunned.

“That’s your name right?”

She nodded and he continued.

“Thank you.”

Tammy furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

“For the food,” AJ responded to the look on her face.

Without a word she opened the door and walked out.

****

Nick sighed softly from his position at the window in his hotel room. He watched the rain falling heavily and leaned his forehead against the cold glass. It had been nearly 72 hours since AJ had gone missing and the police still hadn’t found him. His mind started going crazy as he thought of all the possible things that could have happened to his friend. AJ meant a lot to him and he would never forgive himself if something happened to him. He was already blaming himself for AJ getting taken. If he hadn’t insisted on getting room service at the late hour, AJ wouldn’t have opened the door.

“Nick?”

He heard Leigh’s voice behind him but chose not to acknowledge her.

“Nick sweetie, this isn’t your fault. It was whoever took AJ away from us.”

“He has to be okay Leigh. He has to be.”

“And he will be. The police are doing every thing they can to find him.”

Leigh walked up to the younger man and placed her hand on his shoulder in a comforting manner.

“It’s going to be okay sweetie. Have some faith okay?”

Nick nodded but didn’t speak.

****

“Good morning Eric,” Calleigh said as she walked into the building where the GMC Tahoe was. “I see you started without me,” she said as she put on some gloves.  
“Well I really want to catch whoever did this. I want those hardy boys out of Miami ,” he said winking at her.

“Why is that? Do you feel threaten?” Calleigh asked as she began to look inside the SUV.

Eric shrugged and smiled, “I just think they bring trouble, aren’t they suppose to be gone? Boy band era was back in the 90’s” Eric said.

 “Only the best survive,” Calleigh said reaching into her kit as she found a long piece of what looked to be hair. “I think I found something that may give us an identity.”

 Eric walked up to her and examined the long piece of red hair, “Let’s get it to the lab, we may get a hit,” he said.
 
“I’m on it,” Calleigh said turning to him. “I’ll be right back,” she said giving him a smirk. “Oh and Eric you might not want to say that in front of there fans. You might get mobbed.”





End Notes:
Hope you all like it :)
Chapter 5 by summer03
Chapter 5

[Radio Playing]

No I can't resist
And I can't be hit
I just can't escape this love
Straight through my heart
Soldier down(my heart)
Soldier down(my heart)

Straight through my heart
Soldier down(my heart)
Soldier down(my heart)

“That was the Backstreet boys new single, Straight through my heart. The Backstreet boys had to postponed further promotion to there new album after backstreet boy AJ McLean went missing right here in Miami. Authorities are not giving further information of the case because they believe whoever kidnapped AJ is keeping him alive. Let’s hope soon AJ is reunited with his band mates and mother who arrived to Miami as soon as she heard of her son’s disappearance. We will have one AJ’s ex girlfriend’s call us tomorrow on the morning show and give her opinion on this mysterious kidnapping. So tune in tomorrow morning as we hear Sarah Martin talk about her ex and how she is taking this sad news, as soon as we get more news about AJ we will inform you only here at Hot 100.3.”

[Radio stops Playing]

“Its time to ask for a ransom,” Daniel said as he exhaled the smoke. “How much do you think he is worth?” he asked Tamara who sat on his lap.

Tamara laughed, “How about half a million?” she said imagining what she could do with such money.

“Your good Tammy… we can ask for half now and half so they can get him back. Of course no promise on his status.” Daniel said laughing as well.

“Danny,” Tamara said kissing him. “Are you ever going to tell me why you’re obsessed with torturing him why do you hate them so much?” she was startled to see the sudden change in Daniel's laughter.

“In time Tammy you will understand it, but for there fault I lost…” he stopped himself not wanting to ruin the moment. He grabbed Tammy roughly and kissed her ending the conversation. All he wanted right now was get the money and kill that bastard. Maybe now with him gone Backstreet boys would finally stop existing. He also knew he had to hurry after he saw CSI was already investigating.

**********

“Hey Calleigh, Eric check this out,” Ryan said catching both there attention. He pushed play one the media player and music began to play. “I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the kidnapper likes their music.”

“Since when are you a fan Wolfe,” Natalia asked as he walked in. “Incomplete... is a very poignant song.” She said.

“No I found this CD in the Tahoe’s CD player. But it seems someone else is a fan,” he said turning to give Natalia a cheesy smile.

“Not me, my little sister is. I have to admit I listen to them when I am around her. They have some good songs.” She said turning red.

Eric began to laugh only to get elbowed by Calleigh, “Stop it Eric, I think its cute Natalia.”

“Never Gone,” Ryan said as he read the CD cover.

“Do you think there is a reason why the kidnapper picked this CD out of all there albums?” Natalia asked snatching the cover from his hand. “Maybe she wants them gone? I mean she did try to take Brian.”

“Good theory Natalia,” Caine said walking in. “Did we find any matches to the red hair Calleigh found in the SUV?”

“No, I ran it through all the systems but nothing matched.” Natalia said turning to face Horatio.

“Wait I remember interrogating the Janitorial Manager from the hotel… she has long red hair.” Ryan said. “Tripp and I asked her a few questions and she did seem very interested in knowing how much we knew about the case.”

“Do you remember her name Ryan?” Caine asked.

“No but I can tell you just give me a minute I have the papers from all the people Tripp and I interrogated that day.” Ryan disappeared and three minutes later came back with the list. “Tamara Jane Morris.”

“Eric lets go find Miss Morris.” Caine said as he began to walk.

*******

“What is that you have in your hands Baylee?” Leighanne asked she approached her son.

“A letter mommy…” Baylee said flashing the envelope to her mother. “I found it on the floor mommy.” He pointed toward the door of the suite.

“Let mommy see it,” Leighanne said taking from his hands. She felt her stomach drop when she read the bold letters in the front. “Brian!” she said walking toward the bathroom.

“Yeah,” Brian said walking out just in time.

“Baylee just found this on the floor near the door,” she said handing him the envelope.

“Let’s find the Lieutenant.” He said as he went for the phone.

*******

“Today is Miss Morris day off sir,” said the nervous supervisor.

“Do you know where she lives?” Horatio asked.

“No sir but I can find out I just have look for her file.” She said going to look in the filing cabinet.

“Yes please do that Mrs. Rodriguez.” Caine said as just as he saw his phone begin to vibrate. “Yes,” he answered as he saw who it was. “I am on my way Brian don’t open it yet.”

“What is it H?” Delko ask as he saw the look on Horatio’s face.

“Brian received a mysterious envelope earlier; I am going to go check that out. You stay here and find out Miss Morris’s address and have Calleigh accompany you to visit her.” with that Caine was out of the office and up the elevators of the hotel.

“Ok I will H,” Eric said as he saw him walk out.

**********

Chapter 6 by summer03
Author's Notes:
Here's our next chapter. We hope you like it ~ Patti and Krystle
Chapter 6:

“Cynthia?”

The young woman looked up for the scanner, “Horatio, I see you got my page.”

“I did,” Horatio gave her a quick nod, “what have you got for me?”

“The letter that Mr. Littrel’s son found?”

“The ransom?” Horatio prompted.

“Yes sir. I found two prints on the front and back. As if the person held it with his index finger and thumb.”

“Interesting. Any hits in AFIS?”

“Still running,” Cynthia replied.

A second later the computer beeped telling her it had found a match on the fingerprint.

“On second thought, we have a hit,” she clicked the screen and the booking photo of a young man popped up, “Jeffrey Lancaster. Quiet the little rap sheet for being only 27 years old. A number B and Es, petty larceny, and possession.”

“Our friend seems to like things that do not belong to him. Good work,” Horatio complimented, “Address?”

“Last known is the Doubletree Hotel in Coconut Grove on Darwin street.”

“Thank you,” Horatio flipped open his ringing cell phone, “Mr. Wolfe meet me at the Hummer please.

***

“1375 East Flagler,” Calleigh announced as she brought the Hummer to a stop.

Eric looked out the passenger window at the run down apartment building.

He nodded toward the building, “Red head. Just like the maintenance woman said.”

“Let’s go have a little talk,” Calliegh opened the driver’s side door and climbed down from the Hummer.

Eric climbed out and met her at the front of the vehicle. Together the CSIs walked up the sidewalk to the front of the building.

“Excuse me miss,” Eric spoke, “Miami-Dade PD.”

The woman turned around and Calleigh immediately saw the nervousness that crossed her face.

“Yes?”

“CSI Delko,” Eric pointed to himself and then Calleigh, “this is CSI Duquesne. We’re looking for Tamara Lancaster.”

“I’m Tamara,” she answered and swallowed nervously.

“You are the registered owner of a 2008 black Chevy Tahoe? Is that correct?”

Tamara looked at the blonde woman and nodded at her question, “Yeah that’s my truck. What’s it to you?”

“You reported it stolen?” Eric questioned.

“Yeah. My asshole brother stole it. I want it back.”

“What’s his name?” Calleigh asked.

“Jeff.”

“Where can we find Jeff?”

“Who knows,” Tamara answered, “He comes and goes as he pleases. Never sticks around much after taking what he needs.”

Calleigh and Delko exchanged a look.

“Thank you. We’ll be in touch,” Eric nodded and turned to walk away.

Calleigh glanced at him confused before following him back to the Hummer.

****

“They want how much money?” Nick yelled.

Detective Tripp glanced at his memo pad, “30 million.”

“30 million dollars?!”

“Nick calm down,” Howie stepped up to his friend, “When do they want it?”

“12 noon tomorrow. The ransom said they would kill him if they don’t get it.”

Nick sucked in a deep breath, “Kill him?”

“That’s how these things work Mr. Carter. We will find him.”

Nick scoffed, “Yeah cause you’ve made such good progress so far! It’s been 3 days!”

“Nick,” Howie started.

“No Howie. This is crap. Our friend, our brother was taken from us. I will not calm down. I want AJ found. I want AJ back now!”

****

“Hey!” Daniel nudged AJ, “Wake up.”

AJ groaned, “I’m awake.”

“Sit up!”

AJ pushed himself up into a seated position and grimaced as pain flared through his shoulders. His arms were still tied behind his back and his shoulders ached with a pain he couldn’t remember ever feeling.

“I’m going to untie your arms so you can eat. You do something stupid, I’ll flatten your ass. Understood.”

“Yes.”

Daniel knelt down and undid the knot in the rope and pulled it off. AJ breathed deeply as the pressure lessened and he was able to pull his arms in front of him.

The metal door screeched open and Tamara walked in, “I need to talk to you.”

“What?”

“Over here.”

Daniel shoved the plate of food into AJ’s hands and walked over to the door where his girlfriend stood.

“What?”

“The police showed up at my apartment.”

“What?!” Daniel screamed, “How can you be so fucking stupid!? I told you to be careful!”

AJ watched in stunned silence at the exchange. He braced himself for the smack that he was sure to come at Tamara.

“Hey!” Tamara yelled back, “It wasn’t my fucking fault! It’s my loser brother they are looking for!”

“He stole my truck. I want it back.”

“You stupid bitch. You filed a police report! Now we’re on their radar.”

“Just figure out how to fix it,” Tamara snapped and walked out slamming the metal door shut.





Chapter 7 by summer03
Nick looked down the window and couldn’t help the small smile that crept his face as he saw the many flowers and posters of AJ that were being posted just outside the hotel by the fans. “You have to be ok buddy,” he said.

“You ok?” Howie asked walking up to him and saw what he was staring at, “That is killing Denise,” he said, “she thinks that makes her hopes of finding him alive smaller.” His voice cracked as he said it, “thirty million… he’s worth more. I – Brian and I think we should pay it.”

“Yeah? I think we should I just hope that is all they want and that they give him back. I mean I’ve watched the shows about kidnappings like these and the hostage usually never survives.” Nick said worriedly.

“I know he will come out of this… he always said that he could endure anything after surpassing his addictions.” Howie said as he and Nick continued to look out the window.

********

“Why did she give Wolfe her married last name then?” Caine asked Calleigh as he heard the report on there finding of Tamara Lancaster’s address. “Where is Mr. Lancaster now?”

“Well according to our records he is in jail. Tripp is on his way with him, he got arrested a day after the kidnapping for assault in a strip club. He allegedly assaulted a stripper,” Eric said.

“According to Miss Lancaster her brother comes and goes from her house as he pleases. Even taking her cars but always returning them. But after so many days without a word from him she reported it stolen.” Calleigh continued.

“Calleigh take Natalia with you and talk to Miss Lancaster some more. I think she knows more than she has said why else would she give a different name to Wolfe?” Horatio said as he saw Tripp walking in with Jeff Lancaster.

“Eric lets go talk to Mr. Lancaster.”

********

Calleigh pulled into the hotel and parked the hummer. “She's supposed to be at work today, lets go.” She told Natalia as she turned off the car.

Natalie nodded and did as she was told, she sighed heavily as she saw the many fans just standing outside the hotel. “It’s incredible how much these guys still have followers. I mean look some of the girls here are only sixteen or maybe younger.” she commented to Calleigh.

“Well take the example of The Beatles or The Rolling Stones. Good music is still appreciated you know,” she told her smiling at her.

Natalia stopped and her mouth was open in awe, “you’re a fan aren’t you?”

“I just appreciate good music and just maybe I may have a few of there albums.” She said with a smirk on her face.

“I know what you mean,” she told her as they walked through the lobby in search of Tamara.

********

“Yeah I might have borrowed my sisters car but it got stolen from the club I had been in. when I came out it was gone.” Jeff said angrily at Eric.

Eric only smirked and then faced him again, “yeah? Then why didn’t you call your sister to let her know?”

Jeff shrugged with a smirk on his face, “Do I look like I really care? I knew she would report it stolen and she has insurance she would have gotten her car back or the money.”

“So after the SUV got stolen that you did not call your sister about, you went to Perspire is that correct?” Eric asked aggravated.

“That’s correct… that’s when that slut tried to not give me what I had paid for,” he said with a sly grin.

“Take him,” Eric told Tripp not really believing one word from that man.

Once Tripp was gone he walked to Wolfe, “Hey Ryan go with me I have a stripper to interrogate. She’s at Miami Dade's Hospital.”

“Alright let’s go.” Wolfe said grabbing his phone.

**********

“I already told you. When CSI Wolfe told me who he was I didn’t want to be associated with my brother so I simply gave my married name. I didn’t think it was that bad what he had done. I thought maybe a charge for possession or something.” Tamara said in frustration as she looked at CSI Boa Vista.

“Well stay in Miami Miss Lancaster or Morris,” Natalia said eyeing her suspiciously.

“Oh I’m divorced actually…” Tamara clarified. “I will be here or CSI Duquesne knows where I live.” She smiled hypocritically at the two woman and walked away.

“She sure likes to wear a lot of Gucci,” Calleigh said they watched walk away.

“Hey weren’t the sunglasses recovered when they tried to take Brian Gucci?” Natalia asked as she remembered Horatio tell her to test them for epithelia’s.

“Very interesting,” Calleigh said getting what Natalia was insinuating.

“We might want to share this with Horatio then,” Natalia said as they began to walk back to the Hummer.

*******

Wolfe and Delko walked into the room and grimaced at how beat up the Stripper was. “Miss Gonzalez?” Eric said as they approached her.

“Yeah,” she managed to say as she turned to see who was calling her.

“I’m CSI Delko and this is CSI Wolfe, we are here to ask you a few questions, in regards to your assailant.” Eric told the young woman.

“What kind of questions?” she asked a little scared.

“Well first of all we know you did accept his invitation after your shift was over.” Wolfe said looking at the young woman. “Did he mention to you what kind of car he was driving?”

“No he said he had no car we were going to ride a cab together to Kalle 8 night club and continue the party there.” Renata Gonzalez answered.

“Did he mention anything to you that you thought was suspicious or that caught your attention. I am sure you only agree to go out with someone after your working hours because there is more money involved am I right?” Delko asked.

“Well he kept mentioning that he was about to get a big check. He said he had a very famous friend that was going to help him get rich.” Renata said.

“Did he mention this friends name?” Wolfe asked curiously.

“No,” she manage to say before she began to cough.

“Thanks that’s all we need for now.” Delko said as he and Wolfe began to walk out.

“Hey Cal,” Eric said as she answered her phone. “Are you still at the hotel?”

“Yeah we are about to head out.” Calleigh answered.

“Before you go could you ask AJ’s band mates if they know a Jeff Lancaster or if they knew of AJ having such a friend?” Delko said to Calleigh.

“Ok we’ll go now.”
Chapter 8 by summer03
Chapter 8:

“Mr. Dorough?” Calleigh began.

“Howie,” he corrected.

Calleigh smiled, “Howie, I just had one more question before we go. Do you know if AJ has an acquaintance by the name of Jeff Lancaster?”

“No he doesn’t. I know all his friends.”

“You’re positive?”

“Yes ma’am. He does not know anyone by that name.”

“Okay. Thank you.”

“Miss Duquesne?”

“Yes Mr. Carter?”

“You are going to get him back for us? Right?”

“I assure you Mr. Carter. We are doing everything we can to find him and bring him home safely.”

Nick nodded somberly, “Okay.”

Calleigh offered a comforting smile before leaving with Natalia.

****

“They are getting suspicious Dan. When are we going to get our money?”

“Tammy baby, we will get it soon. I promise. They have 5 hours to get our money and then we are home free.”

“How about I just go in there and kill him now. Then we’ll get it faster!”

Tamara pushed the metal door opened and drew a gun from her back pocket and aimed it at AJ.

AJ sat up straighter when he saw her point the gun at him.

“Where do you want it bitch? The head or the heart?”

“Tamara!” Daniel walked in, “if you shoot him, we will not get our money!”

“Fine!” she lowered the gun and stormed out of the room.

AJ let out a momentary sigh of relief before looking at Daniel, “You’re going to kill me either way aren’t you?”

****

“What are you looking at?”

Horatio gave Jeff a small smile, “Why did you take Mr. McLean?”

“I didn’t do shit to that bitch!”

“The evidence says otherwise. Who are you working with? Your sister? Tamara?”

“No. I didn’t do anything. Tammy has her own life. Whatever the fuck she does with it, her choice.”

Horatio took a breath, “Does Tamara have any boyfriends?”

“I don’t know. She divorced that low life she was married to. I don’t know who she’s shacking up with now.”

“That will be enough for now. Don’t go far.”
Chapter 9 by summer03
Author's Notes:
Here you go:
Chapter 9

“Ok let’s knock first,” Calliegh told Wolfe as they arrived at Tamara’s house. “Tamara its CSI Duquesne and Wolfe we have a warrant to search your house,” She yelled but there was no answer.

“Her car is not in the parkway,” Tripp said as he ordered the police officers to come closer.

“Wait. In her living room there is a sign of struggle,” Wolfe said as he peered through the big window. “Ok we are going in at the count of three.”

Calleigh nodded and began to count, “one, two, and three!” she kicked the front door with her gun in hand. “We have blood!” she yelled as she saw the blood spatter in the living room.

“Do you think its Tamara’s?” Wolfe asked as he joined her.

“There’s only one way to find out,” Calleigh said as she went out to her hummer and came back with her kit.

**********

“Your sister’s missing too,” Lieutenant Caine said he looked at the surprise look on Jeff’s face.

“Fucking bastard! He’s going to hurt her if he hasn’t already!” Jeff said no one messed with his family but him.

“Who Mr. Lancaster who?” Horatio said calmly as he leaned into the young man.
Jeff looked down debating on it, “Promise me you will find my sister and bring her to safety first?” he said finally for once showing his vulnerable side.

“I will do my best Mr. Lancaster but you have to let me know everything before its too late…” Horatio said as he took a seat in front of him. “I need a name and address whatever you can give me.”

“Ok,” Jeff said his voice quivering, “I was staying with my sister for a few days laying low after well you know, that’s where I met Danny Wheeler. He is bad, my sister hasn’t been the same since her divorce and to prove it here it is dating this horrible man. He beats her and takes all her check, one night we were watching TV and a commercial on the… what’s that bands name? …” he shook his head. “The backstreet boys came on announcing there event here in Miami for there new material. Bad idea he got aggravated and began to curse about them. He hates that band for some unknown reason and then he began to smile.” He swallowed hard as he looked up that the lieutenant.

“Go on Jeff your doing great,” Horatio said.

“He came up with an easy way to get rich and go live in the Caribbean or somewhere far without having to work. We were supposed to help him kidnap all four members, ask for a ransom and them ease the world from there torture by killing them. I have to admit I like the idea of the money but when I saw how Tamara got excited about the whole idea, I knew I would agree to whatever. I mean she is my sister, I protect her.”

“Where is he? Why would he want to hurt Tamara?”

“I don’t know where he lives but, I know where he has that backstreet boy and I am sure he has Tamara there too. He hates to admit he is wrong even if he is so he beats Tamara and makes her say its her fault. I am sure Tamara told him about you all gaining up on him so he felt the need to get rid of her. Please find her… He is keeping the man in a storage place near Hialeah. That’s all I know.”

“Thanks son you have done something good today…” Horatio said as he walked out. “Eric I need to find all the storage places in Hialeah now!”

*********

Tamara moaned when she finally felt the pain, “where am I?” she asked as she tried to adjust her sight.

“You’re with me and I wish I could see if you’re still bleeding. He moved us to a different location.” AJ said worriedly. “Why did he do this to you?” he asked.

Tamara began to sob again, “He hates me for allowing the cops to trace us. It’s your entire fault… why did you have to come to Miami?”

“My fault?” AJ said baffled. “I don’t even know him?”

“Oh but he knows you all,” Tamara said finally being able to see him. “We are going to die,” she told him. “As soon as he gets the money he is going to kill us.” She said sobbing.

********

“Hello?” Nick answered his phone without checking the caller ID,

“I want you to bring me the ransom only you if you bring the cops or anyone for that matter I will kill AJ… I know you don’t want to live with that in your conscious right boy?”

Nick froze as he heard the voice, “No just give him back to us safely and I will do whatever you want. Where do you want me to take you the money?” Nick asked in a low voice hoping that no one would hear him.

“Ok all twenties and hundreds. I will be there.” Nick said and cursed when he heard the tone on the other side of the phone.

“Who was that?” Howie asked he walked in.

“Oh it was Aaron he wanted to see how the search was going.” He said hoping Howie would not see right through his lie.

“Oh well I just heard that the woman they thought was involved just went missing too.” Howie said.

“That’s not good Howie,” Nick said trying to sound normal and not give himself up. He was going to bring AJ back.

******

“Well welcome back sweetie I thought I had actually killed you there,” Danny said laughing as he walked into the abandoned building where he now was hiding with his now two hostages.

“You know you have one stupid friend, this is going to be easier than I thought,” Danny said as he kicked AJ’s side.

AJ only moaned as he felt the sharp pain, “Please don’t hurt anyone else,” He said.

“You can’t tell me what to do! Actually your friend Nick agreed to meet me at the Everglades for an exchange, he gives me my money and I give him you.” Danny laughed as he pulled out a .45 caliber gun out. “What he doesn’t know is that instead he will receive one of these in his chest.”
Suddenly the pain in his side vanished as he realized what Daniel was talking about. “Please don’t. What the fuck have we done to you?” AJ said Anger apparent in his voice.

“Don’t you scream at me you tattooed fucker…” Daniel said giving him a blow in the head with the gun. He laughed as he saw AJ loose conscious again.

*******




Chapter 10 by summer03
Chapter 10:

Nick zipped up the large duffel bag before pulling on his jacket. He still couldn’t believe he had been able to get the cash so quickly. Now he just had to get it to that psycho so he could get his brother back. He grabbed his jacket and pulled it on before heading for the door with the duffel bag slung over his shoulder.

“Hey man. Where ya going?”

Nick froze when he heard Howie behind him, “I um… I was going to the gym. I can’t sit around here doing nothing. Thought I’d work off the nervous energy you know?”

“Sure. You want me to go down with you? We can go to the hotel gym.”

“No!” Nick cleared his throat, “No. I’m gonna go to one that’s a few blocks away. I’ll be back in a while. Don't worry I'll take an officer with me.”

“Um.. okay. Are you okay Nick?”

“I’m fine Howie. I just want AJ back. That’s all.”

“Okay.”

Nick nodded and hurried toward the elevator before Howie could ask him more questions. Once inside, he took a deep breath to calm his racing heart and pulled the piece of paper that had the address on it from his pocket.

“518 Grant St.”

Nick sighed deeply and exited the elevator and made his way out of the hotel as fast as he could without being seen.

***

AJ moaned softly as consciousness slowly began to clear his mind.

“Are you okay?”

“No,” he groaned again, “my fucking head is pounding.”

“I … I’m sorry,” Tamara spoke.

AJ snorted, “Yeah like I’m supposed to believe you? You’re a part of this!”

“He beat me too.”

“What?”

“While you were unconscious. He beat me. Kept yelling all this shit that didn’t make any sense. The plan has gone wrong and I don’t know what happened to him.”

“What does he want from me?” AJ asked as he started shivering and his stomach growled fiercely.

“I don’t know. He has a hate for you like I’ve never seen. He hasn’t told me why though.”

****

Nick climbed out of the taxi, pulling his bag with him and looked up at the warehouse. This was the place. 518 Grant St. He took a deep breath and walked toward the large metal door.

“Hello?” he called out after opening the door, “I got your money.”

He took a few cautious steps forward.

“That’s far enough,” a gruff voice spoke.

Nick stopped, “Where’s AJ?”

“Where’s my money?”

“Right here.”

“Drop the bag.”

Nick placed the bag on the floor at his feet.

“Kick it forward.”

Nick gave the bag a swift kick and it went sailing forward about 10 feet.

“Where’ AJ?” he repeated.

“You’ll get your bitch back tomorrow around 12:00.”

“I want him now!”

“Those are the rules. Walk away.”

Nick took a few steps backwards before turning and heading for the door.

“Carter!”

Nick turned, “What?”

“You forgot something.”

Daniel raised his gun and fired.

*******

“I just didn’t like the way he was acting that’s all.” Howie told Horatio. “He was too nervous he’s hiding something. I have a feeling he is up to something not…” he bit his bottom lip.

“His cell phone we can track him through that,” Calleigh said quickly dialing a number. “Wolfe I need to find the location of this phone ASAP.”

“He’s near the everglades in an old sugar cane warehouse.” Calleigh said as she heard Wolfe give him the address. “518 Grant St. That is no gym.”

“Let’s go,” Horatio said already walking out, “get back up,” he told Calleigh who was already following him.

“Is he ok?” Howie asked as he heard of Nick’s whereabouts.

“We don’t know,” Calleigh said as she saw her phone ring. “Yes?”

“Calleigh? He did receive a call earlier from a pay phone that only lasted two minutes. I have a feeling he got contacted by someone… maybe the kidnapper?” Wolfe said as he continued to check the calls he had received.

“Check his accounts…” Calleigh said as she followed Horatio and got into the Hummer. “We have to hurry Horatio I don’t have a good feeling,” she said as she dialed Tripp’s number for back up.

Chapter 11 by summer03

Chapter 11


Horatio looked at the empty rundown building and then he saw the blood at the entrance. “Go around,” he ordered the policemen that followed all geared up.

“I don’t like this Horatio,” Calleigh whispered to him as they walked slowly toward the entrance. “Did you hear that?” she asked when she heard a moan.

“Yes,” Horatio said as they finally made it to the entrance with there guns in hand the walked following the trail of blood. “Nick,” Horatio said as he saw the young man laying on the floor shirtless, his shirt was not tied around his leg.

“Detective Horatio,” Nick moaned as he saw them approach him. “No go get him he went that way…” he pointed toward the back of the warehouse. “I’ll be fine.”

“Stay with him,” Horatio ordered Calleigh as he and Tripp walked toward the back.

“I need an ambulance now,” Calleigh said into her phone as she knelt down to see the extent of Nick’s wound. “That’s good that you thought of tying your shirt on your leg,” she told him as she saw the bullet wound. She only hoped that the bullet hadn’t hit a major artery.

“He tricked me instead of giving AJ back to me he shot at me,” Nick said sweat apparent on his face and the agonizing pain showing through his face. “I am getting really cold,” he managed to say as he began to shiver.

“Nick stay with me,” Calleigh said in panic as he saw his state. “Where’s the ambulance,” she yelled as she saw the police officers run in and all over the building looking for the culprit.

Nick smiled lightly and closed his eyes, “you know this at least makes me feel a little less guilty for what happened to my friend.” After that Nick lost conscious everything went black.

********

“Is he ok?” Howie asked as he was met with Calleigh at Dade county hospital.

“He will be fine; he just lost a lot of blood. He is getting blood transfusions as we speak; they were able to remove the bullet successfully.” Calleigh told Howie and a very worried Brian.

“How about who did it? How about my son?” Denise interjected as she walked in a few minutes later.

“We are trying our best to find them,” Calleigh answered. “He ran when he heard us, leaving Nick wounded, the Everglades is a big area to cover Denise but I can promise you everyone is out there searching for them.”

“What was he thinking?” Brian asked frustrated at the situation.

“He was trying to get AJ back that is what we can conclude after we found out that Nick had withdrawn a large sum of money from one of his accounts. He thought that this man would give AJ back to him after getting his money but we have now to suspect that he is not only out to get money but vengeance as well.” Calleigh said to them.

******

“Fuck!” Tammy screamed as she continued to try and get free.

“I tried that it doesn’t work,” AJ said smiling wryly at her weak attempts.

“I need to get out of here I don’t want to die,” Tammy said as she began to sob.

AJ sighed heavily, “Welcome to my side and you know the worst part of all this? I don’t even know why I am here. I have tried to go back in head and see why Daniel has me here and why he wants to us. I just hope Nick isn’t stupid to go by himself…” he said as he looked at Tammy smiling as he got an idea. “Maybe we can try to get close to each other and untie our hands… what do you say?”

Tammy looked at him suspiciously, “How do I know you won’t try to hurt me?” she asked him.

“Really? Why would I want to do that? I want to get the fuck out of here as much as you do. I have a feeling that if I don’t get this wound checked out soon I will get gangrene.” He looked at his wound it was nasty and not in a very good condition.

“I’ve hurt you too,” she told him.

“Tammy I know you did it because of him… I know you’re not a bad person. So how about we get the hell out of here right now that we have a chance?”

“Ok,” she said as she began to push herself toward AJ’s back.

********

Daniel laughed as he made it to the air boat. He could hear from far the cops after him, he didn’t think twice to flee. He eyed the bag and opened it smiling as he saw the money. He was rich and for sure he knew he had hit Nick. He hoped it would be a lethal shot but at this point it didn’t matter.

His next mission was to go finish off AJ and Tammy. Then Aruba would be his destination. “Stupid idiot I can’t believe he actually thought I would give AJ back.” He laughed as he continued through the everglades.

Suddenly he heard another boat right behind him and suddenly realized the cops were catching up. But if anyone knew the everglades best it was him. He began to feel relief when he caught the glimpse of stolen car he had acquired earlier. He was going to make it, he could taste his future glamorous life already.

********


Chapter 12 by summer03
Author's Notes:
We're about to find out why....
Chapter 12:

“What the hell were you thinking Nick?” Brian practically yelled after walking into the hospital room where Nick was recovering.

“I wanted to get my brother back!” Nick defended, “He means something to me.”

“AJ means something to me too Nick. So do you! You have to let the police do their job.”

“Well they are doing a pretty shitty job as far as I can tell. They still haven’t found him! It’s been four days.”

“I know Nick. But they will find him. They just need a little time.”

Nick sighed deeply, “I’m sorry I got hurt. But I had to do something. I couldn’t just sit around idly and wait any longer.”

Brian sighed softly, “I’m sorry for yelling at you. You just … you scared me. I have to believe we will get AJ back but, if we lost both of you … I don’t know what I’d do with myself.”

“I’m sorry Brian. I just want him back.”

“I know buddy. We’ll get him back.”

****

“Damn it,” Tammy cursed as she tried to undo the rope that bound AJ’s hands behind his back, “This isn’t going to work.”

“I can’t get it either,” AJ groaned.

The tension in his shoulders was starting to make him light-headed once again and becoming weaker by the minute. Tammy felt his back lean against hers.

“AJ?”

She was answered by silence and she felt herself behind pushed forward as the weight of AJ’s body rested against hers.

“AJ?” she pushed back trying to get a response, “AJ!”

She realized again he was unconscious.

“Shit,” she swore quietly. She had to figure out how to get them out of there before Daniel came back.
****

After docking his boat, Daniel climbed off and grabbed his bag of money. We walked up the dock to the parked vehicle and climbed into the Ford Taurus he had stashed there. He Fired up the engine, threw the car in reverse, whipped the car back and then into drive. He made it a quarter mile down the road before being surrounded by police cars. He could hear a helicopter hovering over head. He slammed on the brakes a mere 2 feet from the Hummer that was facing him. He contemplated hitting the gas and going forward but he saw the driver climb out and draw his gun.

“Daniel Wheeler! Get out of the car with your hands in the air!” Horatio yelled over the whirring of the helicopter.

Daniel looked around at the cops that were surrounding his car, weapons drawn. He caught sight of a light flicker and spotted the sniper the had been position on the top of one of buildings. Sighing heavily he looked back at the man in front of him. He gripped the steering wheel and with a defiant look on his face, press the gas petal.

Horatio fired twice at the hood of the car and it screeched to a halt inches in front of him. With his gun trained on Daniel he slowly moved to the driver’s side of the car and spoke again.

“Mr. Wheeler, get out of the car!”

Daniel sighed defeated and slowly opened the door. He stepped out and raised his hands in the air.

“Frank!”

Frank Tripp holstered his gun and pulled his handcuffs from his belt, “Turn around. Hands on the car.”

Daniel did as he was told and allowed the detective to cuff him without a problem.

“Take him Frank,” Horatio ordered.

“Let’s go,” Tripp hauled him over to the cruiser and tossed him in the back seat.

****

Calleigh slammed on the brakes as she brought the Hummer to a stop in the parking lot of the abandoned warehouse.

“Next time, I’m driving,” Wolfe commented before climbing out of the vehicle.

Calleigh smirked and climbed down form the driver’s seat.

“Ready?”

Calleigh nodded and followed Wolfe to the door. He pulled it opened and she stepped in, gun drawn and swept the area with her flashlight.

“Miami Dade PD!”

She stepped in a few more feet and swept the flashlight through again.

“Clear!”

Ryan followed her all the way in and the two moved through the large room.

“Calleigh, I've got a door over here.”

She turned abruptly and pointed her gun at the door and gave him a swift nod. Ryan pulled the door opened and she stepped forward.

“Miami Dade PD! Hands in the air.”

**

After much struggling, Tammy got her wrist free. She moved away from AJ and carefully laid his body down.

“AJ?” she leaned over his almost life less body, “can you hear me?”

She shook him and slapped his face gently.

“Alex? That’s your name right? Alex?” she shook him again, “Please wake up. We have to get out of here. I can’t die like this.”

Tears slowly slid down her dirty face as she tried to get him to respond. She placed her fingers on his neck and felt for a pulse. It was very weak and she wondered if he was going into shock.

“Miami Dade PD! Hands in the air.”

Tammy turned toward the door with a gasp.

“Back away from him slowly,” Calleigh order, her gun trained on the young woman.

“He’s unconscious,” Tammy responded, “help us please. I’m sorry. I’m sorry for doing this.”

“Back away,” Calleigh spoke again, “keep your hands where I can see them.”

Tammy did as she was told and Ryan moved closer and knelt down to cuff her.

“Let’s go.”

Calleigh holstered her gun and knelt down next to AJ’s body.

“Alex,” she leaned over to see if he was breathing, “We’re going to get you out of here.”

She flipped her cell phone open and pressed a few buttons.

“This is CSI Duquesne. I need an ambulance at 1511 Grant. Now!”

****

“Mr. Wheeler,” Horatio began, “talk to me.”

Daniel sighed, “I ain’t telling you shit.”

“Why did you kidnap him?” Eric asked.

“Money. Why else do you kidnap someone?”

“But why AJ? What is so special about him?” Horatio asked.

“Nothing. He’s just a bitch.”

Eric crossed his arms over his chest, “I want an answer.”

“It wasn’t supposed to be him.”

Eric glanced at Horatio.

“Who was it supposed to be?” Horatio asked.

“That blonde Backstreet bitch,” Daniel answered with a scowl.

“Nick? Why?”

Daniel remained silent.

“Answer me!” Eric slammed his hands on the table.

“He took her from me! He took the one thing that meant something to me!”

“Talk,” Horatio demanded.

Daniel practically growled, “Celia. She was my girlfriend. The love of my life. I was going to ask her to marry me.”

“What happened?” Eric probed.

“She went to their concert and it all went to hell.”

Eric and Horatio waited for him to continue.

“He fucked her! He fucked my Celia. And she left me. Convinced herself she was in love with him and he was in love with her. She walked out on me and said she was going to find him so they could be together.”

Eric stood up straight and stared at Daniel, “So how does AJ fit into this?”

“He answered the door. It was Carter’s room. He is the one who was supposed to answer the door. Not the other one!” Daniel yelled, “I wanted him to pay."
Epilogue by summer03
Author's Notes:
The ending is here..

AJ only remembered seeing a beautiful blonde over his body calling his name. Now he was in this bright park, it sort of reminded him of the old park near his home when he younger. The same swing set he used to play in with his grandpa and grandma back in Orlando. Then he saw her… his grandma sitting on bench with a big smile on her face. “Grandma?”

 

“My dear boy!”

 

She did sound just like his grandma and then he was embraced in a hug. “I must be dreaming,” he said as he hugged his grandma.

 

“No you’re not Alex,” Ursula said as she kissed her grandsons cheek. “I really am here and so are you…”

 

“But you…” he couldn’t even say the words.

 

“Yeah I did…” she told him calmly waiting for him to realize where he was.

 

Alex’s eyes widened and he spoke, “You mean I am dead too?”

 

Ursula only nodded and smiled, “well sort of…” she told him as she made him sit with her. “I am so happy to see you and tell you that I love you. I will always love you Alex.”

 

“I love you too and have missed you so much,” he told her as he kissed her hand. He watched her smile at his words and she caressed his cheek.

 

“Now that I’ve told you how much you mean to me and that I am always with you… in here,” she patted his chest where his heart was. “I need you to go back and understand that you are a wonderful man and any woman would be lucky to have you. Now just promise me you will take care of your mom for me as well ok?”

 

“What do you mean?” he asked her realizing that it seemed like she knew what his fear was… he never allowed himself to be fully involved in a relationship.

 

“You know what I mean, just enjoy your life and remember that I love you no matter what,” she leaned in and kissed his cheek one more time.

 

He felt his grandmother’s embrace him again, “I like it here,” he sighed.

 

“No… its still not your time,” Ursula said smiling at him. “Live,” she whispered and then there it was a pull some forceful tug.

 

When AJ woke up again he was in a room his mother’s face looking at him concerned.

 

“Your awake,” Denise said tears of relief coming down her face.

 

********

“I’m so sorry for doing this to you all,” Tammy said as she was escorted to the bus that would take her to the correctional facility where she would serve her sentence for kidnapping.

 

“At least she is repentant,” Brian said as he watched her being escorted. His compassion changed to hate when they saw who came out next.

 

Daniel Wheeler was smiling triumphantly as he walked with pride for what he had done. “I hope that tattooed fucker dies!” he said right before he was shoved into the bus that would take him to jail.

 

“He’s sick!” Howie said as he heard him. “I don’t think it was Nick’s fault that he lost his fiancée.”

 

“Well Mr. Dorough and Mr. Littrell we’ve found the culprit and Mr. McLean is in surgery at this very moment. He will make I am sure about it,” Horatio said joining the two men that had come out unharmed from all the chaos. “Maybe you should let Mr. Carter know who was the real target on all this.”

 

***********

 

“How are you doing?” Leighanne asked him as she stood beside Nick’s bed.

 

“I am fine I don’t know why they still want me be in bed. I can walk with my crutches.” He complained with a pout.

 

“Oh well maybe I should not tell you the good news.” Leighanne said rolling her eyes at Nick’s childish behavior. “You know they caught the guy and AJ is being treated here as well.”

 

“Is he ok though?” Nick asked with a little relief shown in his face.

 

“We are hoping so, he was found unconscious and very badly wounded.” Leighanne said pain very clear on her face. “Denise had to be sedated because she went a little hysterical when she saw him.”

 

“Oh god,” Nick said… “Did that asshole say why he took him?”

  

*******

 

Several Days later….

 

“Thank you,” AJ said as he walked with his walking stick away from the stage. He sighed as he made it to where everyone was else stood. He smiled when he saw CSI Duquesne along with the rest of the CSI crew there.

 

“How are you feeling Mr. McLean,” Calliegh asked as she saw him finally make it backstage.

 

“I’m good…” he smiled at her and then cleared his throat. “Thanks to you of course and keeping me alive till the ambulance arrived.”

 

Calleigh couldn’t help but blush as she heard him, “I was doing my job...” she said.

 

“I still owe you my life,” he said as he remembered clearly the last thing he saw were her beautiful eyes as she tried to keep him awake.

 

Horatio cleared his throat, “It seems that you all made it here in Miami after all. Gentlemen even under the circumstances in which I met you all I do have to say you have quite an influence on many women. I think it’s safe to say you are all safe and I hope this doesn’t keep you from coming back.”

 

“I don’t think so,” Howie said smiling.

 

“I’m sorry but may I please have a picture it’s for my little sister she is a big fan of you all,” CSI Boa Vista asked blushing a little when she saw Wolfe and Delko smirk in mockery. She didn’t care though.

 

“Well thanks again for all your help Lieutenant,” Brian said as he put his arm around his friend. “We can’t thank you enough for finding AJ and bringing him back to us.”

 

“Yes thank you,” AJ said rolling his eyes at Nick. “And also for saving my stupid friend over here from his irrational thinking, I think we could all avoid this if he would just learn to not be so flirtatious with women.”

 

Everyone laughed and Nick just retorted, “You mean we both shouldn’t do that! You’re just as bad as me.”

 

******

 

“Hey AJ I really do apologize for all that you went through.” Nick said as he sat next him on the plane ride back home.

 

“Nick what did I say? Just let it go man… I forgive you besides I said I called it even since your stunt to save me made them find me faster.” AJ said smiling at his young friend. “I do have to admit though that this has put a new perspective for my plans.”

 

“Tell me about I will only date one girl at a time and first off I will make sure she is single!”

 

AJ rolled his eyes and smacked his friend, “Clearly its not a clear perspective for you.”

 

Nick began to laugh, “I was just messing with you…I think your right maybe its time to settle down like the rest of the guys.”

 

“Yeah maybe it is,” AJ said smiling and realizing that by now CSI Duquesne was receiving his gift. “I can’t wait to be back to promoting this album…”

 

“Yeah… even if we both will be crippled for a good part of it.” Nick said as he looked at his leg and then AJ’s both still had to use a walking stick.

 

*********

 

Calliegh walked into the CSI building feeling quite accomplished with her work. When she was called by another co-worker.

“You got something. It’s on your desk.”

 

Calliegh smiled curiously as she was joined by Eric. “What could it possibly be?” she asked out loud as she walked to her desk to see a wonderful flower arrangement with an envelope by it. She turned to smile at Eric, “Are these from you?” she asked in a whisper tone knowing that both had agreed not to disclose there relationship at work.

 

“No,” Eric said as he went for the envelope only to have it snatched by Calliegh.

 

He watched as Calliegh opened the envelope. She smiled as she read the simple note, “Well look at that AJ sent me flowers and a very thoughtful note.” She couldn’t help but blush and sigh. To bad he wasn’t her type… Maybe if it would have been another Backstreet boy…no not even then. She laughed at Eric’s expression, “Don’t worry he has no chance.”

 

“I know that,” Eric said as he winked at her. “See you later,” he said as he walked out her office.

 

*******

 

A year later….

 

The Backstreet boys were able to successfully promote and begin the tour for there new album. AJ had to return to Miami for Daniel’s trial he was happy to hear that he would be behind bars for the maximum of thirty years. As for Tammy she got a lesser charge after confessing everything she knew about Daniel.

 

AJ ended up finding someone that matched his personality as for Nick he takes a day at a time….

 
End Notes:
great job patti!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9896