Easter Surprise by Arok
Summary: Nick gets quite the surprise, just in time for Easter!
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Kevin, Nick
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Slash M/M
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 2875 Read: 1778 Published: 11/20/09 Updated: 11/20/09

1. Easter Surprise by Arok

Easter Surprise by Arok
Nick sighed heavily as he closed the hotel door. It had been a long day. Hell it’d been a long week. Everything had just seemed like it had been going all wrong lately. He was borderline depressed and he hated it. Management had been pushing them hard all week. The plan was that if they worked hard enough all week to suit management that they could go home for Easter.

Easter was two weeks away. Of course they all pushed themselves to get things done. They had all worked extremely hard all week doing appearances and concerts. They were running on virtually no sleep and it was all starting to catch up with Nick now, making him incredibly exhausted. He didn’t even care if he got Easter off anymore.

Nothing in his life mattered anymore.

His “brothers” had no time for him. They did their jobs and went back to their lives. Brian had Leigh and the baby, Alex was trying to get his relationship with Sarah back on track, Howie had his businesses and Kevin was in the middle of a messy divorce. Nick on the other hand didn’t have anyone. No girlfriend. No family.

His parents had practically disowned him the last time he’d talked to them. He’d finally gotten enough courage to tell his parents he was gay and they forced him out of their lives. They made sure he knew never to call them again. He felt like part of him was dying slowly away. He didn’t know him purpose now anymore.

The group would more than likely disband at the end of this tour. He wasn’t sure who would really notice he wasn’t around. That thought alone scared him. Just because they didn’t need him anymore didn’t mean that he didn’t need them. They were his life support. Each one helped make him to the person he was today.

Their job of raising him was over now. It was still hard for him to become his own person, and he wasn’t looking forward to it.

Nick opened up his eyes and glanced around the familiar hotel room. All the hotel rooms looked the same. It made it harder on him to remember what city they were in. He made his way to the bathroom and flicked on the light. He finished his business and washed his hands. He made his way through the room and sat on the edge of the bed to take his shoes off.

As he went to lay down he noticed a huge Easter rabbit. He had never seen it before. He picked it up off the bed to look at it better. There was a note attached to the rabbit’s ears that he hadn’t noticed before. He carefully removed the note. He opened it up to read. The handwriting wasn’t one he recognized.

“Dear Nicky, I know you’re feeling depressed right now so I thought maybe this Easter bunny would help cheer you up. Don’t ever think that no one needs you because I need you more than you will ever know.”

-------The Easter Bunny

Nick sat on the bed shocked for a moment. Who ever gave him the bunny must know him fairly well. Since they were able to get into his hotel room. He had to know him well to know what he was feeling considering he’d never. He smiled a little. Maybe he wasn’t so worthless after all.

~*~

Three days later they were still working around the clock. Nick couldn’t remember the last time he’d gone this long without sleep. Granted they were giving them about five hours a night to sleep Nick couldn’t. He would lie in bed and stare at the ceiling for the longest time praying sleep would claim him but it never did. He was exhausted beyond belief and extremely cranky. He snapped at everyone and was in a constant bad mood. He kept slipping further and further into his depressed mode and there was no way to stop it.

Nick looked around the room and tried for the umpteenth time to figure out where his bunny came from. His bunny was one of the only things that made him happy anymore. It wasn’t the bunny itself it was just the feeling that someone out there cared enough about him to take the time to notice he was on a downward spiral and losing control. Someone cared about him.

His head pounded and he mentally hated himself for getting so drunk the night before. He figured that if he drank he’d be able to go to sleep better. Boy was he wrong. He felt like shit and they guys were in a heated argument around him. He tried to ignore them and block out their yells but it was hard when he was sitting that close to them.

He closed his eyes and curled up in a ball on the couch. He retrieved his rabbit from the bag at his feet and settled against the soft surface to ease his headache. They were on an hour break while the photographer got all his equipment ready to go. He figured he’d try to sleep and they’d wake him up when it was time to get started. He closed his eyes and tried to think of things to make him sleepy. He felt the couch dip suddenly as someone sat down beside him. He opened his eyes slowly as Kevin came into view.

“Cute rabbit,” he said softly.

Nick looked at him, and hugged the rabbit tighter to his chest.

‘Thanks Kev,” Nick said.

Nick moved so his head was resting in Kevin’s lap. Kevin began to run his fingers through his hair softly. Within minutes Nick was asleep for the first time in days.

Later that night Nick found another Easter gift. He had gone back to his hotel room after eating dinner with the guys. He decided to shower and then try to go back to sleep. It had felt so good getting to sleep before.

He made his way to his hotel room and quickly surveyed the room to see if there were any new gifts, there wasn’t. He turned on the stereo and removed his clothing. He climbed in the shower and turned the water up as hot as it would go. He let the scalding water cascade down his body. It felt good. His muscles were sore and every part of his body ached. He started to sing along with the radio. The water ran its course and eventually turned cold.

He hurried and washed before he got out. He hurried and dried himself off and got dressed. He wrapped the towel around his neck and made his way through the room.

As he approached his bed he noticed someone had been there and left another gift.

Sitting on the bed was a huge chocolate bunny and a stuffed lamb. He chuckled softly to himself as he sat down. He retrieved the note from around the lamb’s neck and opened it up. The writing was the same.

“Nicky,

I hope you like the gifts I’ve brought, be prepared for more. You need your rest, so don’t eat the chocolate tonight. Remember I love you and I want you to get some sleep!” ------The Easter Bunny

He smiled softly. He would be getting more gifts. Whoever was doing this loved him. Him, Nick. Not Nick Carter the Backstreet Boy, him. They had to be someone very close to him because he’d locked the door before going to shower so whoever it was had to have a key. He hoped that he would soon find out who it was. He could dare to hope that it would be the one person he’s always wanted to love him.

~*~

Nick checked for his next gift every time he entered his hotel room. Two days later it finally came.

They had been doing meet and greets all morning and Nick was tired of smiling for the camera. He just wanted to go back to the hotel and rest. It was really hot and they were making them wear itchy sweaters. Nick was extremely hot and uncomfortable all day. He just wanted to go home and take a cold shower and get out of his awful clothed.

They had met a million of fans and taken countless pictures. His head pounded and he needed so pain medication. They hadn’t had a break in hours and it felt like he was going to pass out before too much longer. He had long since run out of water and his throat hurt extremely. He ached for more water. His skin felt like it was on fire and he wanted to cry from the discomfort he was feeling.

He had to pretend to be happy for the fans while on the inside he felt like he was dying. He hadn’t eaten all morning and his stomach was craving food of any kind. He felt dizzy and lightheaded, but he tried to tough it out. He didn’t want to ask to leave because he knew they would not let him so it was no use in asking.

He went to meet a group of fans, but got extremely dizzy and had to stop. He grabbed Kevin as he felt his legs give out from under him and he landed on the floor with Kevin on top of him.

Kevin immediately got up and lent a hand down to Nick.

‘You ok?” he asked him softly.

”I feel weird and I’m so hot and dizzy,” Nick rasped out.

Kevin looked at him for a second concerned for a second. He turned and walked away to talk to management. He came back a few moments later with Nick’s backpack and rabbit in hand.

Ever since he got the rabbit he never went anywhere without it.

‘Here baby, go back to the hotel and lay down. I cleared it with management. You need to rest. I told them you were sick,” Kevin said softly.

Nick smiled weakly. Kevin pulled Nick into his arms and held him tightly before finally releasing him to leave. Nick left the studio and got into his car. He turned the air conditioner in as high as it would go.

Once he got back to the hotel he immediately tore the sweater off. He kicked off his dress pants and stood in his boxers. He dug through his bag in search of Tylenol for his splitting head ache. He went to the refrigerator and got a bottle of water.

He shook three pills out and took them with the water. He closed his eyes as he poured the reminder of the water over his head. It helped cool his body down some.

He opened his eyes slowly and his frown turned into a beautiful smile as he realized his “Easter bunny” had been there. Sitting on his bed was a huge easer basket filled full of candy filled eggs His smile got bigger as he neared the bed to retrieve the note he knew would be there..

“Dear Nicky,

Be expecting one last gift. I hope you’ll like what I have planned for your final gift. I hope you accept it as well as you have the others. I’m glad to see your talking better care of yourself. I worry about you. I love you”

-------The Easter Bunny

One more gift, he had to wait just a little longer to find out who his secret Easter bunny was. He still could hope that it was him, right? He knew it wouldn’t be, but nobody ever found harm in hoping.

~*~

Nick waited for his last gift for two days. It seemed like year though. He had a feeling that this gift was going to be big. He often caught himself daydreaming about who and what it could be. It made work go by faster. So he opted to think about his Easter bunny rather than pay attention.

Easter was in 2 days and they were free after tonight’s concert. Nick constantly wondered if he would get his last gift before they left or not.

He had been late for early morning breakfast every day that week. He opted to stay in bed rather than get up and eat. They often went straight through without stopping for lunch or dinner. By the time they had time to eat again it was time to go to sleep.

He was weaker than usual due to the lack of food. He ate the candy from his Easter eggs every chance he got. It was basically what he lived on.

They were free to go after the concert so everyone was hurrying around making last minute changes and arrangements. He hoped whoever his Easter bunny was gave himself up soon. He was flying home to Tampa tomorrow morning, to spend Easter with his dogs before he had to meet the guys back in Los Angeles.

He wondered around backstage of the venue they were performing at. He was bored out of his mind. They had a couple hours left before the show started and they weren’t allowed to leave the venue. He made his way to his dressing room. He retrieved his bunny and lamb from his backpack and curled up in the nearest chair. His long legs hung over the side and he struggled to get comfortable. He laid there for a few short moments thinking about his gifts before the darkness overtook him and he drifted into a light sleep.

~*~

Once Nick ran off the stage people congratulating him and the rest of the guys on a job well done crowded him. Someone threw him a towel and he wrapped it around his neck and took off for his bus. He was hot and sweaty and he desperately needed a shower. The buses were taking them to the hotel where they were told they were free until there meeting in LA. Nick was full of energy considering his nap before the show.

Once Nick got into his hotel room he immediately headed for the shower. His clothes and hair were sticking to him because of his sweat and it was making him extremely uncomfortable. He took his shower slowly enjoying the water on his body. Once all the hot water was gone he got out and put on his Easter boxers; and old present from his mother the year before. He felt his heart grow heavy thinking about her.

This would be his first Easter that he wouldn’t be spending with his family. He immediately scolded himself for thinking about her. He left the bathroom and checked the locks on the door. He didn’t want to fall asleep and leave the doors unlocked.

Security and everyone was flying home that evening anxious to get home for the holiday. Nick wasn’t so anxious and wasn’t flying out till tomorrow morning he was the only one still at the hotel; or so he thought.

It wasn’t until he heard him clear his throat did he notice someone was in the room with him. Nick turned and saw there was someone lying on his bed. There, lying on his bed looking hotter than ever was Kevin.

Nick felt his heart stop and his mouth go dry. Kevin locked his gaze with Nick’s.

“W Wh what are you doing here Kev?” Nick asked stuttering a little, “I thought everyone had left already,”

“I couldn’t leave without giving you your last present, Nick” Kevin said softly. v

Nick felt his eyes expand to the size of golf balls and his jaw drop. A million thoughts ran through his head all at once.

“It’s you?” Nick managed to choke out.

Kevin nodded his head and started to approach Nick.

“You surprised?” he asked him softly.

Nick nodded lightly.

‘You disappointed?” Kevin questioned.

Nick shook his head back and forth “no” Kevin laughed lightly and smiled. Kevin advanced even closer to Nick and took him in his arms. Nick hugged him back tightly. Kevin inhaled his scent that was distinctly Nick, and buried his face in Nick’s neck.

“What’s my last gift, Kev?” Nick whispered huskily.

Kevin pulled Nick even closer and began to grind his hips into Nick’s.

“Me, that is if you want me,” Kevin rasped out.

“Oh yea I want you,” Nick said softly.

Nick kissed Kevin forcefully and started leading him backwards towards the bed. Kevin felt the backs of his knees hit the bad and he pulled Nick down beside him breaking their kiss. Nick wrapped his arms around Kevin’s waist and snuggled into his side.

“I love you,” Kevin said honestly.

“I love you to Kev, so much,” Nick admitted softly.

“Why did you do this?” Nick questioned.

“I figured it was the easiest way to tell you how I felt,” Kevin smiled a little. “Besides I wanted you to have an Easter surprise.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9936