The Missing Toothbrushes by LenniluvsBrian
Summary: What happens when our fave heroes are plagued with morning breath?
Categories: Fanfiction > Animated > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Characters: Donatello, Leonardo, Michaelangelo, Other, Raphael
Genres: Dramedy
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1394 Read: 928 Published: 12/22/09 Updated: 12/22/09
Story Notes:
Secret Santa gift for a fellow TMNT fan.

1. Missing Toothbrushes by LenniluvsBrian

Missing Toothbrushes by LenniluvsBrian
Author's Notes:
Disclaimer: Do not own TMNT or Cylnee. They own themselves, but the story idea is all mine. Thank-you.

            “Okay, seriously! Who stole my toothbrush?” Fifteen-year-old Cynlee exclaimed, as she came out of the bathroom, hands on her hips. “Mikey! If I find out that you used it for Klunk again, I swear I am going to maim you!”

 

            “Did you check the medicine cabinet?” Leonardo asked, as he came out of his room. “Donnie said he re-arranged things yesterday after installing it.”

 

            “Yes, I did, thank-you,” Cynlee snapped slightly. “And for your information, yours is missing too, Leo.”

 

            Leonardo raised an eye ridge. “Maybe they got moved by mistake?”

 

            “Then why was it only ours and Raph’s that got moved, Leo?” Cynlee demanded. “Mikey’s and Donnie’s are still there.”

 

            “Well, where did you put it last night?” Leo asked,

 

            “In the plastic cup that usually sits on the sink,” Cynlee stated. “Now find me my toothbrush, Leo! I am not going around with morning breath all day!”

 

“Don’t be snapping at me,” Leo replied. “I’m not the one at fault here.”

 

            “Everyone to the dojo, please!” Master Splinter’s voice suddenly rang out.

 

            Cynlee groaned. “How can I be expected to practice, if I haven’t even brushed my teeth yet?”

 

            Leo shrugged. “I’m expected to do the same. I’m sure no one’s going to notice a little morning breath anyway.”

 

            Cynlee narrowed her eyes. “This coming from the leader, who knows Mikey likes to point out stinky breath every chance he gets? Did you wake up and forget just who we live with or something now, Leo?”

 

            Leo shrugged. “We’d best be getting to practice, Cynlee.”

 

            Cynlee grumbled, but followed him to the dojo nonetheless. She even managed to stifle a snicker when Raph walked in and smacked Mikey upside the head swiftly.

 

            “Ow! What was that for?” Mikey exclaimed. “Sensei! Raph hit me for no reason again!”

 

            “Raphael, control yourself,” Master Splinter ordered.

 

            “Prolly served you right anyway, Mikey,” Cynlee smirked, as she moved to stand in her designated spot.

 

            Mikey made a face. “Did you forget to brush your teeth this morning, or what, Dudette?”

 

            Cynlee narrowed her eyes at him. “Not like you didn’t already know I wouldn’t be able to do so.”

 

            “What are you talking about?” Mikey wanted to know. “What? Do you think I’m psychic? ‘Cause if I am, maybe I ought to buy a lotto ticket! We could be millionaire turtles in a half shell!”

 

            Cynlee rolled her eyes, as did Raphael and Leonardo, who already stood in position.

 

            “Psychic my….” Raphael trailed off.

 

            “Michelangelo, Raphael, please quiet down for practice,” Master Splinter instructed.

 

            “Sure thing, Sensei,” Mikey grinned cheekily. “And I knew you were going to say that! See, I am psychic!”

 

            Donatello shook his head, slightly amused by his youngest brother’s antics.  

 

            Practice went on without a hitch, except for the occasional, quiet mention of stinky breath Mikey would direct towards Cynlee, Raph, and Leo.

 

            Eventually practice had ended, and everyone left the dojo post haste.

 

“Okay Mikey, tell us now what you did with our toothbrushes!” Raphael demanded. “I cannot stand the smell of Fearless’ breath any longer.”

 

“Yours isn’t exactly any better Raph,” Leo remarked dryly.

 

“I didn’t touch any toothbrush but my own this morning,”: Mikey replied. “So I’ve no idea what you’re talking about Dudes.”

 

“What about last night then?” Cynlee asked. “Did you touch them then, Mikey?”

 

Mikey pretended to think a moment. “Nope, didn’t touch them then either.”

 

“Mikey, just hand them over, before I sick Raph on you,” Leo told him. “And you know what kind of damage he can do.”

 

“You know, the fact you don’t believe me hurts, right here,” Mikey stated gravely, placing a hand over his plastron. “Now, if you excuse me, I am going to retreat to the kitchen to lick my wounds.”

 

“Quit being so melodramatic,” Cynlee commented, trying not to snicker. “Just hand ‘em over and nobody will get hurt, Mikey.”

 

“Seriously, all this over toothbrushes,” Mikey said, shaking his head. “And yet you all yell at me when I complain about such a trivial thing.”

 

“I bet you don’t even know what trivial means, Knucklehead,” Raph stated. “Now, give them back!”

 

“I can’t give back what I don’t have,” Mikey replied, turning to leave the den.

 

Raph tackled him then, knocking him to the floor. “You were warned, Shell for Brains!”

 

“Ow! Raph! Jeez!” Mikey hollered. “Leo! Get him offa me!”

 

Leo stood, his arms crossed over his plastron. “He’s a point. You were warned, Mikey,” he reminded him calmly.

 

Cynlee leaned against Leo slightly, her eyes narrowed at her youngest brother. “Don’t even look at me to help you. I had to go with bad breath al morning. Do you know how that makes a girl feel?”

 

“How would I? I’m not one, Dudette,” Mikey answered, screaming like a girl a moment later.

 

“You sure sound like one, Mikey,” Donatello commented, entering the room from his lab. He’d disappeared in there straight after practice. “Raph, let him up. I know what happened to the toothbrushes, alright?”

 

Raph got up then and eyed Donnie dangerously.

 

“What happened, Donnie?” Leo asked calmly.

 

“They fell in the toilet,” Donnie replied. “I went in to fix the door on the medicine cabinet and accidentally knocked them into the toilet. All for mine and Mikey’s were ruined.”

 

“Eew! I brushed my teeth with a toilet infected toothbrush!?” Mikey screeched.

 

“No, doofus,” Donnie answered. “Ours never fell in the toilet. They managed to hit the floor instead. I cleaned them off right good.”

 

“Oh, like the floor is any cleaner,” Raph stated, while Mikey stood looking mortified. “And you’re the genius in the family?”

 

Cynlee laughed. “Well, least we found a way to silence Mikey.”

 

Leo chuckled then. “Yes, I think we have.”

 

Mikey huffed, then stalked away. “Don’t forget to pummel Donnie now, Raphie! You know, since you pummeled me for no good reason.”

 

“I’d good reason, just not the right reason,” Raphael snorted, then eyed Donnie again. “You owe us toothbrushes, Genius.”

 

“Like I didn’t already know that,” Donnie said, rolling his eyes. “You’ll have some tomorrow.”

 

“A whole day without brushing my teeth!?” Cynlee exclaimed. “I am so going to keep breathing on you, Donatello!”

 

Leo laughed. “I thought you didn’t want anyone to smell your morning breath?”

 

“Well, he deserves it, since he’s the cause of the morning breathe anyway,” Cynlee replied.


”Actually, morning breath is caused by bacteria….” Donatello began, only to be cut off.

 

“We don’t care, Donnie!” Cynlee exclaimed. “Just get us some new toothbrushes!” 

 

“You heard the girl,” Leo smirked. “Find us some toothbrushes or be breathed on until you’ve done so.”

 

“I’m going out,” Raph grouched. “If I hafta suffer with morning breath, everyone else is gonna hafta suffer with me.”

 

Leo shook his head, as their brother in red left the lair. “Typical Raph.”

 

“Yes, very typical indeed,” Cynlee agreed. “Care for a game of cards?”

 

“Sure,” Leo nodded. “And let’s ask Mikey if he wants to play too.”

 

“Only because he was actually innocent – for once,” Cynlee laughed, grabbing a deck of cards from the one cabinet in the living room.

 

“I’m going to be in my lab….” Donnie trailed off, after receiving glares from his siblings. “Um. I mean, I’m going to go find some new toothbrushes for everyone!”

 

“Yup, you’re still the genius,” Cynlee nodded. “Have fun, Donnie.”

 

“Just watch you don’t run into Raph,” Leo chuckled, as him and Cynlee headed for the kitchen to find Mikey.

 

Donnie sighed heavily, grabbing his trench coat off the rack. “So much for a day of working on my inventions. All because they have morning breath….Jeez. and no one even said thanks for having installed that medicine cabinet to begin with.”

 

He left the lair then, and everyone went about their days.

 

 

            The End!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9960