Heart Bandit by summer03
Past Featured StorySummary:



Amber was different she knew that by the way she was raised, but what happens when she makes a life changing decision?

******Finally complete******

Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group
Genres: Action, Adventure, Alternate Universe, Drama, Humor, Romance
Warnings: Child Abuse
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 37 Completed: Yes Word count: 45873 Read: 63601 Published: 12/30/09 Updated: 03/26/11

1. Chapter 1 by summer03

2. Chapter 2 by summer03

3. Chapter 3 by summer03

4. Chapter 4 by summer03

5. Chapter 5 by summer03

6. Chapter 6 by summer03

7. Chapter 7 by summer03

8. Chapter 8 by summer03

9. Chapter 9 by summer03

10. Chapter 10 by summer03

11. Chapter 11 by summer03

12. Chapter 12 by summer03

13. Chapter 13 by summer03

14. Chapter 14 by summer03

15. Chapter 15 by summer03

16. Chapter 16 by summer03

17. Chapter 17 by summer03

18. Chapter 18 by summer03

19. Chapter 19 by summer03

20. Chapter 20 by summer03

21. Chapter 21 by summer03

22. Chapter 22 by summer03

23. Chapter 23 by summer03

24. Chapter 24 by summer03

25. Chapter 25 by summer03

26. Chapter 26 by summer03

27. Chapter 27 by summer03

28. Chapter 28 by summer03

29. Chapter 29 by summer03

30. Chapter 30 by summer03

31. Chapter 31 by summer03

32. Chapter 32 by summer03

33. Chapter 33 by summer03

34. Chapter 34 by summer03

35. Chapter 35 by summer03

36. Chapter 36 by summer03

37. Epilogue... by summer03

Chapter 1 by summer03
It was the spring of 1999 when, Amber decided it was time to hit the road. She loved her family but she wanted more than what she had. Born in a very religious family that never once celebrated her birthday or any holiday for that matter got to her, she was tired of it. She understood why, she knew all the 66 books in the bible like the palm of her hand. She loved and believed in god she did… but she just wanted to taste what was so forbidden in her house.

She wanted to experience a Christmas or for once to celebrate her birthday. She smiled as she finished writing her letter; in it she explained her sudden disappearance. She begged for understanding but very well knew that her father would never understand. He for sure would shun her from her family. But at that point she did not care; she took a deep sigh as she grabbed the key to her liberty.

See for graduation her father had given her a car, a nice Toyota. “You deserve it Ambs you have made us proud,” she remembered her father say. She grabbed her one suitcase and the one thing she could not leave behind her bible. The bible was given to her by her deceased grandmother the one person she had had a connection with.

Once the engine in her car came to life she took one more glance at her home. It was a nice two story home in the suburbs of Dallas. A place that fit her family well, but not her! She had a stab of guilt hit as she remembered her lie, “I can’t today mom,” she remembered telling her as the rest of her family got ready for church.

Never one to get sick her parents believed her and had allowed her to stay home. Little did they know that when they got back home Amber would no longer be there? Slowly she eased out of the parkway and down toward the freeway. Where she was headed she did not know but for sure she was planning to have the experience of her life.

********

It was a hot spring day in Texas and boy was she glad she was almost out of the state. She looked at the clock on her dashboard and knew that by now her family knew. She could almost imagine and pinpoint her father’s reaction. “She must have had one of them boys in school rotten her mind Adele.” She smiled as she pictured the face her mother would have, probably sobbing still holding the letter she had left.

Hopefully her mother understood her, her father was a lost case. She realized she had not stopped for a bite in long time so she began to look for an exit to a diner or fast food restaurant.

Like all stories Amber was not looking for much but to enjoy life the way she thought it should be. The one thing everyone forgets is that it's not always that way. See Amber was about to be hit with the an amazing experience in life and she was probably not ready for that all.

Amber had finally seen a nice little gasoline station; since she was not too hungry she would just load on junk food and continue her journey wherever that was. She smiled to the old lady at the cash register as she walked in. It was not a busy day, but she assumed that was probably because this was the country side of Texas.

She roamed the isles of the small store grabbing whatever she had never tried before. She smiled as she saw the slurpee machine. She was definitely in need of one of those the heat was horrible at this time of day. “Big definitely big,” she told herself as she grabbed the biggest cup filling it with the white cherry flavored Icee.

So many choices but after enough or she thought she came up to the lady. “Ten on pump number two,” she told the nice lady.

“Long ways to go huh?” the lady asked as she began to charge all the contents on the counter.

“Yeah,” Amber said as she put a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Just then the door bell to the store rang again and in came a young man. Probably in his early mid twenties, Amber couldn’t help but stare the way he dressed was meant to catch attention. She didn’t get a good vibe from him when she saw the way he stared at her; she knew she was blushing.

She heard him clear his throat as he stood behind her. She was glad when she heard the clerk give her the total. “Thanks,” she said politely as she handed the money to the clerk.

She didn't want to any longer in there, she walked out opening the beef jerky. She had always wanted to taste it. One bite and spit it out, yeah she wasn't a beef jerky person. She just concentrated on her Icee, it was doing the trick of cooling her as she waited for the pump to finish.

After making sure she had closed the lid, she jumped into her car and turned it on. As she looked for a good station to listen she was startled by the man in the store. He had jumped into her passenger's seat and pointed a gun at her.

She remembered opening her mouth to scream but one of the man's hand went to her mouth. "Shut up or I'll shoot you! You understand?"

Fearing for her life Amber nodded. "Now go get on the freeway."

Amber did as she was told, feeling her heart stop as she heard the man, “No please,” she said in a whisper as she saw the gun pointing at her.

Amber began to cry and for once wished to be back at home. Was this her punishment? “Quit crying you aren’t dead yet and if you do as I tell you, you won’t die.”

If he was trying to make her feel better it did not work, "Stop! Pull over." Surprised she did as she told him. "Now move to the back seat!"

Her sobs got louder she had seen this in movies. He was going to rape her, "Please just let me go you can keep the car," she said shakily as she did as she climbed to the back.

But as she settled in the back she saw how fast he had gotten to the drivers side, soon he was speeding out of on the freeway. “Please just let me go I promise I won’t say a word of what just happened back there.” Amber pleaded as she held on to her seat.

“Look I am not going to hurt you relax and don’t worry the gun is not even loaded.” He told the very scared young girl. “I wasn’t going to kill anybody. I just wanted to scare you that's all.” He began to laugh a little.

Amber’s mouth was agape as she heard his confession. She suddenly felt mad and without control hit him in the arm hard. “You bastard,” she said anger evident in her voice.

“Ouch, not bad for a prissy girl,” he said his smile widening. “I think it was pretty good for my first kidnapping.” He arched his brow at her.

“Did you just call me prim?” She said offended. “Look just give me my car back and I will drop you off wherever you want. I won’t say a word about anything I promise.”

“I can’t right now I am a fugitive of the law and you are my accomplice,” he said still in mockery. “Yes I called you prissy I mean look at you all dressed in the best and the you way you talk. You probably went to a private school, graduated with honors and all the shit.”

“What and you probably came from a public school maybe even a high school dropout. You probably have no father and you want to be all tough?” she retorted still angry and becoming more annoyed every second.

“You are right never had a father but a mother yes. I did graduate though; I am smart that’s why I was able to pull this off.” He said finally staring at her she was pretty. “Look lets make a deal once we are out of the state of Texas, if you don’t like my company anymore we can separate. I really am not that bad.” He gave her a smile.

“How much longer to Nevada?” she asked finally looking toward him meeting his brown eyes.

“Probably a good day or so. I promise we won’t do anything bad anymore and I will try to be nice.” He gave her a sincere smile, “I’m Alex.”

“Amber,” she said shyly eyeing him suspiciously. “You promise that once in Nevada you will let me go and even after you won’t use that again? She pointed to the gun, we can dispose of it too,” she told him.

“Deal,” he said extending one of his hands toward her while driving with the other.

She stared at him again and then sighed, “God says that even the worst person can change so why not give you the chance. Deal.” She took his hand in hers and then there it was the electric current through her body. She knew then maybe it would be harder than she thought to separate…
Chapter 2 by summer03
She jumped startled and then pretended to look out the window. She had for a second let sleep win her over but she couldn’t sleep knowing a stranger was driving her car! She held a yawn and pretended to see in the dark.

“Hey I thought you were gone till the morning.” Alex said looking at her. “Go back to sleep we still have a long way to go.”

“I’m not tired…” she mumbled finally staring back at him. “How much longer to a rest area or something I need to use the ladies room.”

“Oh ok well I’ll exit the next exit,” he told her staring at her. He could not help but smile as he saw her uncomfortable seating position like she was on edge. “I won’t hurt you stop sitting so stiff its going to kick you in the butt later.

Amber just rolled her eyes and turned back to staring out in the dark. But managed to relax a bit and sat a little more comfortable on the chair.

Sure enough a few minutes later he was exiting and for a second she thought he was stopping at the gas station but instead he continued. “Where are you going?” she asked surprised as the continued to pass restaurants and gas stations.

“Well your not the only one that’s tired,” Alex answered just in time. The motel 8 sign was now showing on the side of the road.

“Separate room’s right?” Amber asked as she watched him park.

He laughed and then stared at her, “Sorry no can do you’re my hostage I can’t trust you yet. I mean you still don’t trust me. I can promise you separate beds,” he gave her a grin. “Now come on we have to go get a room,” he turned of the engine.

“Do you honestly think someone won’t notice something weird.” She told him eyeing his attire compared to hers.

“Your right,” he said smiling. “Now your acting more as my accomplice. Wait here,” he took the keys with him and locked the car.

She groaned as she realized he had taken the keys there went her plan to try and drive off. Yet she did not feel in danger she just didn’t like whatever she was feeling with him around. Danger though was the not the feeling. Besides he had promised to let her go as soon as they reached Nevada.

A few moments later he was back with a key, “Come on princess lets go,” he told her in mockery as he opened the trunk to the car. He smiled as he saw the one red suitcase, “you travel light,” he told her as he opened the door for her. “Well come on we have a long night.”

She groaned and did as she was told stepping out of the car, “There better be separate beds,” she told him as he grabbed her arm and began to walk to there room.

He laughed at her and then he turned to face her, “Am I really that bad?” he asked her making her look at him. She had the most beautiful green eyes and he could tell there was more to her.

“Yes,” she said not really caring the sadness that suddenly showed in his brown eyes. “I mean you have me hostage what do you expect?”

“Oh ok you got me there but I have been a nice kidnapper don’t you think?” he said as he continued to walk and finally reaching room 118. He opened the door and held it open for her. “Ladies first,” he said.

She walked in smiled inside as he kept his promise two twin beds stood in the room. She turned to see him close the door and put her suitcase down. “Thanks for brining in my suitcase.”

“Well I thought you might want to freshen up,” he said pointing toward the small bathroom. He didn’t say anything more and went to turn on the TV and plopping on the first bed. “I guess this is my bed,” he said yawning as he began to watch the cartoons on the TV.

She shrugged and walked to the other bed laying her suitcase on it. She tried to ignore his presence as she began to look for more comfortable clothes. A shower would help her after her first day of freedom without freedom. She got what she wanted and walked into the bathroom locking it behind her.

*******

She felt much better as she finished her shower. She got dressed and collected her dirty clothes. She opened the door to the bathroom and was startled to see a bare chest Alex reading her bible! “What are you doing?”

“Reading what does it look like I am doing,” he said looking up from the bible and smiling as he saw her. “You look better,” he said and went back to reading.

“That’s mine why do you have it?” she asked as she walked to his bed and tried to yank the bible away.

“Ahaha, wait Amber Cooper,” he said as he stood up from his bed with the bible still in his hands. “It looks pretty used and one bad pull can destroy it. Do you really want that?” he asked.

She grumbled and then glared at him, “I am not Cooper,” she told him.

“Well it says here that this bible belongs to Amber Grace Cooper,” Alex said going back to the first blank page of the bible where the name was written in a very nice handwriting. “You just said that you’re not Amber Cooper so this means you’re just a thief like me,” he said smiling triumphantly at her.

“You don’t know me!” she yelled at him suddenly hearing her grandmother’s name brought pain in her heart. She tried to hold the tears threatening to come out taking a deep breath she spoke, “That was my grandmother’s” she couldn't say more and she sat on the bed her face in her hands trying to control the sudden urge to cry.

Alex's smile began to fade as he saw the way she had reacted to his comment, “Look I’m sorry I was only joking. Amber?” he said approaching her and sitting besides her. “Here it’s yours I was just reading because I got bored.”

Amber didn’t say a word and continue to sob in her hands she stood up to go walk to her bed but she felt his grip on her arm. “Please let go,” she said in a muffled tone still her face covered.

“No… I hurt your feelings. I really am sorry,” he said pulling her back to sit on his bed. He literally had to pry her hands of her face. He put his finger under her chin making her look up, “I really am sorry,” he said once her red eyes looked at him. He then began to wipe away the tears with his thumb. “I shouldn't have said what I said…”

“I didn't think I would react like this now either,” she said quickly removing his hands from her face and clearing her throat. “I’m tired,” she said taking her bible from the bed and walking to her bed.

Alex watched as she began to shove everything into her suitcase. He sighed and then spoke again, “I actually am a good listener.”

“That’s good to know,” she told him putting her auburn hair into a messy bun. “Good night,” she finished as she got comfortable in her bed. She knew she could not sleep but she did not want to talk about her breakdown with a stranger who happens to be her kidnapper.

Alex watched and then sighed, “Good night Amber,” getting comfortable in his bed.
Chapter 3 by summer03
“Dad please…I’m sorry,” she opened her eyes and realized that it all had been a dream. She groaned as she remembered where exactly she was. She turned to see if Alex was asleep but she was surprised to find the bed empty.

She got up and stretched as she adjusted her eyes to the brightness. She must have been tired since sleep did win her over after all. That’s when the door to the bathroom opened and out came out Alex showered and with different clothes. “Good morning princess,” he said as he walked out.

“What time is it,” she asked as she stared him.

“Its twelve thirtyish…” he said as he put his dirty clothes in a store bag. “I brought breakfast but I just didn’t want to wake you up. Do you want to eat that or we can get something on the way.”

“I’m not hungry,” she said as she walked into the bathroom.

“I really am sorry for last night,” he yelled as he began to get everything ready to go. He hadn't slept much and now curiosity had him. What could this girl be hiding? Why she was alone and where was she heading.

A few minutes later she walked out hair down and freshened up. “Lets go I can’t wait to get to Nevada.” She muttered as she grabbed her suitcase.

“Wait a sec,” Alex said startling her. “I want to know what has gotten into you. I mean I know you’re not in the best of the situation here but I have been really nice to you. Why are you acting this way? I still need you to eat…” he sighed in frustration.

She glared at him and then looked down at the floor. “I don’t have to give any explanations. I just want to go back to the way I was before you decided to take me hostage with my car!”

“You know what Amber or whatever your name is…” Alex said taking the suitcase out of her hand and then made her sit on one of the beds. “I am going to tell you why I did what I did and then if you still think of me as a bad person I will just have you drop me off at the Shell and I will hitchhike to California.”

She looked at him and did feel a little bad. He looked vulnerable, “I don’t care… I just want to be alone!”

“Just listen and then I will leave you alone.” He said as he sat beside her, “I am the only son of Denise McLean wait scratch that Solis now. I was working at this body shop real close to the hick town where I kidnapped you. I moved here after my mother left Florida, she didn’t want to be near the place that reminded her so much about my grandmother. She was struggling with money so I got a job and quit college. Everything was going good till she met my now stepfather. I can’t stand that man but my mom loves him. I realized I hated my life since she got married and finally I realized I wanted to try…” he sighed and looked at her. “Try and know my real father, he to my knowledge resides in California. I really don’t know if he will even care.” Alex took in a deep breath and got silent remembering his departure from his mother’s house.

“Does he know you exist?” Amber asked as she turned to face him.

Alex shrugged, “Yeah but he never acknowledged me he just vanished. I don’t even remember when I just remember not having a father to play football with or go fishing. I coped with the help of my grandfather and grandmother. Any who I was in need of a good car and after planning everything, I mean I watched that store for many days to see who all worked there. The works and the day I decide to steal steal the clerks old busted Chevy. You showed up and I saw it as a sign Amber.”

Amber stared into his brown eyes and sighed, “Ok,” she said biting her lip.

“Ok? Ok what? You forgive me and we continue to ride together to Nevada or are you going to leave me at the gas station?” Alex asked giving her a weak smile.

“Nevada it is.” She said.

******

They had been on the road for little over three hours when Amber’s stomach announced she was hungry. “Was that your stomach?” Alex asked as he eyed her.

“Yeah,” she said shyly instantly bringing one of her hands to her stomach.

“I told you to eat,” Alex said as he lit a cigarette. “Its ok we’ll stop in the next exit I am kind of hungry too.”

Amber nodded and then she went back to staring out of the window. “So what if your dad doesn’t want you? What are you going to do?” She bit her lip a little late her questions had come out loud enough for him to hear.

Alex shrugged, “I don’t know yet. I will probably find a job and try to settle on my own.” He then threw out the cigarette butt. “Talking about that… when will I hear your story? Is your name really Amber?”

Amber laughed, “Yes. I was named after my grandmother.” She told him, “She just passed away a year ago, we were close.”

“I’m sorry… I know how that feels.” He said as he reached out to her and squeezed her hand.

That gesture made Amber’s heart almost stop. “I- thanks.” She said looking back out the window.

“Can I ask you something?” Alex asked.

Amber turned to face him nodding, “I may not answer it but you can ask.”

“I’ll take what I can get,” he said smiling at her again. “Why are you traveling? What is your story Amber? What is your last name? I want to know about you too.” He then spotted the next exit with a Denny’s and took the exit.

“It’s a long complicated story.” She told him shyly, “probably boring too.”

“I told you I am a good listener. Try me,” He told her.

“I guess I can share it with you since you shared yours but… how about lunch first?” she asked just as she saw the Denny’s sign.

“How about you tell me while we eat?” he said.

She shrugged, “I’ll think about it.”

Alex turned off the ignition and got out running to get the door for Amber but he was too late she was already out. “Next time wait till I open the door.”

“What why?” she asked him.

“I am a gentleman you know I was taught to do that for ladies.” He said winking at her. “So let’s go get some food.”

Amber smiled at him and was mesmerized by his smile. She literally felt her breath being knocked out of her. She didn’t know exactly what was happening but the more she got to know her kidnapper the more she liked him?
Chapter 4 by summer03
“Thank you,” Alex told the waitress that sat them on the booth. “Ok so can I trust you won’t try to run if I go to the men’s room?” he asked Amber.

She smirked at him and then she sighed, “I’m too hungry to leave right now just don’t take too long.”

Alex smiled at her as he left her sitting in the booth. Amber was busy looking at the menu she hadn't noticed that a few booths down some guys were staring at her. Until she saw one standing beside her, “Yes?” she asked finally looking away from her menu.

“I was just wondering how a pretty lady like yourself can be all alone. I’m Billy.”

Amber watched as he took a seat in the booth, “Actually,” she said staring toward the restrooms.

“Actually I want to buy you lunch and maybe I can show you around town you seem new in town.” The tall robust man said giving her a smile.

“No thank you,” Amber said trying to be polite.

“What don’t tell me you are one of them girls that think you're better then us men?” he asked getting a little aggravated.

“No,” Alex said as he made it back to the booth. “I leave you for two minutes honey and you have men coming at you.” Alex said giving Amber a smile and kissing her on the lips.

Amber’s hand automatically went to her lips, she felt an electric current go down her body. She shrugged at Alex and went along, “Oh honey this is Billy right?” she asked the young man.

“That’s right,” he said standing up quickly. “I’ll let you folks get back to enjoying you lunch.” Billy said but not before grinning at Amber.

Alex watched as he retreated to his booth where the rest of his friends laughed at him. “Oh boy I don’t like those boys.” He told Amber looking at the menu as well.

“I think he understood,” Amber said giving Alex a curious look. She was still trying to recuperate from the kiss.

“Let’s hope so I don’t like to fight,” he said looking up at her. “Yeah sorry about earlier… I just wanted it to look real that you and I were a couple. Of course we’re not…” he finished quickly. He didn’t want to tell her how the feeling of her lips on his had felt. It looked like she hadn’t notice his shiver either.

Amber just shrugged, “I- its ok no problem.” She told him just before the waitress came back to take the order’s.

********

“Ok seriously you never have had a birthday cake?” Alex asked astonished.

“Nope,” Amber answered emphasizing her answer as she shook her head. “I am serious no holidays no nothing.”

Alex finished his tea, “Wow that is fucked up,” he said. “So you finally decided you wanted to try it all?”

“Well yeah,” Amber said playing with the remainder of her food. “Getting kidnapped was not in my list but now I must add it.”

Alex grinned, “So can I see this list you have?” he asked. “Maybe I can help you with more.”

“I’ll think about it,” She told him eyeing him curiously.

“You know Saint Patrick’s Day is coming,” he answered smiling and then his smiled turned into a frown, “Wait never mind by then we will be in Nevada and on our separate ways.”

She stopped smiling too, “Yeah well I will still try to celebrate it wherever I am by then.”

“Man I would have loved to see you drunk,” Alex said grinning. “You haven’t been drunk either have you?”

“No… I am still of illegal age… hello nineteen.” She told him.

“So?” Alex said. “That’s it when we reach Nevada and go our separate ways first we are going to get you a fake id and then we are going to gamble. After loosing or winning money we are going to get you so drunk. That way you can clear three from your list or I assume are on your list. Drinking under age, gambling and hangover.”

“You know my list doesn't include the seven deadly sins,” Amber told him smiling. “Tempting we’ll see.”

“I think we are ready to hit the road,” Alex told her as the waitress came back with the bill. “We’ll finish this conversation in the car,” he told her taking out his wallet.

After paying they were walking to the car when the same young man approached them with his friends. “Hey there why so in a hurry?” he said laughing lightly. “I was thinking maybe you and your lady can accompany us for some drinks.”

Alex smiled in annoyance, “Sorry fellas maybe another day,” and went to open the door for Amber only to have pushed shut by Billy. “Man what is your fucking problem?” Alex asked pushing him. “You don’t want to mess with me.”

“Oh yeah?” Billy said as he and his friends approached him. “Hey Rusty why don’t you take the pretty lady while I show this son’s of bitch a thing or two?” Billy said.

“Don’t touch her,” Alex said sternly or you will regret it. He turned to face the other man that was approaching Amber and in that instant he felt the horribly pain. He felt the warm liquid begin to flowing down his lip, “Ah hell,” he said angry launching himself at Billy.

“Stop please,” Amber said in a pleading voice as another man held her. “Let us go,” she struggled to get loose.

Alex was winning but then another man got into help so he was struggling with another. Finally he managed to dig the back of his pants and grabbed what he was looking for. “Stop or I will use it,” Alex said pointing the gun to the man that was about to attack him again. “Now let her go and leave… if not I won’t hesitate to use this.” he said as he wiped the blood from his nose.

Slowly they all began to back away and Amber ran to him. “Are you ok?” she asked looking at his face.

“Just my nose,” said opening the door to the car for her. “Get in we have to leave before the cops get here.”

Amber did as she was told and again they were speeding away. She sat in silence as he continued to curse a storm as he used his shirt to wipe the blood.

********

“Sit still,” Amber said as she cleaned his face. “I don’t think it’s broken though,” she said. “I also got you a new shirt since this one is all bloodied.”

“Thanks,” Alex said as he sat still watching her clean his cut on the brow. “So are you ever going to tell me your last name?” he asked.

She looked at him for a second, “I guess I could tell you since you saved me back there, Amber Danielle Walker,” she said as she continued to clean his cut. “We should rest for today, you look hurt. Beside we got this hotel might as well get a good rest.” She finished a she walked away to throw the dirty gauze. “Here,” she told him returning with the new shirt she had bought him.

She had made him stop a Wal-Mart to get a first aid kit and once she was in there she had brought him a shirt. She smiled as he accepted it from her. “Thanks Amber Danielle Walker,” he said as he grimaced a the pain on his side as he put on the shirt.
Chapter 5 by summer03
Amber pretended to write in her notebook as she sat on her bed. But the truth was she kept thinking of Alex. She had seen him shirtless before but then she really did not like him now she knew he was a pretty descent guy. She could not help to want to see him he was cute.

She had seen cute guys before but that’s about it. She had never had a boyfriend ever and she did not know how to react to what she was thinking and the way she was feeling toward him.

“Amber?” Alex said finally standing up and walking to her bed.

“Huh,” Amber said pretending to look up from her notebook.

“Is this where you have your list?” he asked snatching her notebook away.

“Alex give me back my notebook,” she said standing up from the bed.

Alex began to laugh as he realized it was, “oh, you want a tattoo and go to a club.” He said as he began to runaway from her. “Experience your first kiss…” he said stopping in his tracks.

Amber finally got to him and snatched her notebook away, “This is mine,” she said as she began to blush.

“You’ve never been kissed? Wow impressive… I mean your hot I would have expected you to have had tons of boyfriends in high school. He then smiled… wait I gave you your first kiss.” He said remembering the peck he had given her in the restaurant.

“I’ve been waiting for the right one.” She said ignoring his jibe at her. “I mean my first kiss will be one that will make my leg pop…” she told him shyly. “Enough about me…” she said going back to her bed.

“Your leg pop?” he said not letting the subject go. He took a seat on her bed grinning at her.

“Ugh,” she said staring at him. “Yes, you know. A kiss that will make me feel like I am flying and my foot will lift up like in the fairytales. Wait you probably don’t even know about them.” She said returning to scribbling in her notebook.

“Hmm…interesting. So you never had a boyfriend either?” he asked finally dropping the other subject.

“Why do you care?” she asked him not looking up from her notebook.

“Was it because of your religion?" He asked getting more comfortable on her bed.

“Yes and no…” she said finally looking up at him. “I was allowed to date but only in my religion or more like that’s what my father preferred. I just never found someone I was attracted to in that way.” She told him. “How about you? You’ve had many girlfriends haven’t you?”

Alex shrugged, “I guess you can say that… but I’d say girlfriend’s that have met my mother and I thought were serious relationships maybe two.” He said looking at her, “so you never felt anything for a guy?”

She tilted her head trying to remember, “No I guess I never had time to really think about it. If I wasn’t doing charity work for my church I was in piano lessons or ballet. I had a busy schedule,” she told him.

“So what makes you think you will find a prince charming? You know in the real world they don’t exist.” He told her, she was the most interesting girl he had by far ever met.

“My mother found her prince charming and like the bible says love never fails. You do know the bible is the wisest book out there… god wrote it.” She told him finally smiling and her cheeks turning a shade of red.

“Well good luck with that.” he said shrugging. “So you know how to play the piano?” he asked her.

“Yeah and the harp,” she told him. “My turn to ask you… so you said you had two serious girlfriends did you love them or did you feel love toward one of them?” she asked him it was starting to get easier for her to ask what came to her mind.


Alex laughed, “I have not found love if that’s what you’re asking. Then again I don’t believe in love Amber.”

*********

They were both back to doing there own thing and Amber finally decided she would call her home just to let them know she was fine. She was going to do it while Alex was in the bathroom. She bit her lip as the phone to her house rang.

“Hello?”

She smiled as she heard her brother Tim answer, “Timmy?” she said smiling.

“Yeah who’s this?” Tim asked a little confused.

“It’s me silly, Amber…” she told him feeling a jab of guilt as she heard him.

“Oh… Amber dad is not very happy with you. I don’t think you should be calling.” Tim said in a whisper.

“I know I didn’t do what is good in dad’s eyes Tim but I am not doing anything wrong either. Just how are you, Paulie and mom?” she asked quickly.

“We are okay mom is very sad. She spends all her free time in your room crying.” Tim told her sister… “Do you want to talk to her?”

“Yes please,” Amber said choking as she finally realized tears were coming out and down her cheeks. She could hear Tim tell her mother who was on the phone.

“Amber baby…” Adele said as she took the phone from Tim.

“Mom… I am fine don’t worry about me. I just needed to do this mom.” She said as she wiped away her tears.

“I don’t understand why but if your happy I am happy,” Adele said to her daughter in a whisper.

It was to late though Amber heard her fathers voice in the background ask who was on the phone and then his angry voice came through the phone. “You need to stop calling here you understand me!”

“Dad please I just wanted to talk mom and tell you I was fine.” She told him ignoring his comment.

“I only have one daughter and she is in her room, stop calling. You know what even better I am changing this number…”

Amber then heard the line die, she stared at the phone. Why was she so surprised about her father’s reaction? She knew she would get that response from him. She hung up the phone and began to sob not caring if she was heard. “Daddy…” she said clutching her heart it was in pain. No matter how much she felt she was the doing the right thing for herself she felt she owed her dad a better choice of life.

Alex had been standing on the door frame of the restroom seeing everything. “Amber…” he said walking up to her.

“He hates me…” she managed to say as she continued to cry.

Alex swallowed hard and sat beside her hugging her…. “He was just angry. He will get over it and he will take you back. Time give him time.” he said as he soothed her. He hugged her tightly as he wiped away the fresh tears that came down her face.
Chapter 6 by summer03
He had been awake for a little over fifteen minutes and yet he still could not move. He did not want to wake her up and he had to admit having her beside him her head resting on his chest was a nice feeling.

He looked down at her and then subconsciously he pulled her hair away from her sleeping face. She had been inconsolable last night and finally sleep had won her over, she was so fragile. He didn’t understand why he felt the need to protect her above all else.

Amber opened her eyes carefully as she felt someone’s hand caress her face. She then realized she had fallen asleep in Alex’s arms… “Oh my god…” she managed to say as she pushed herself off him. “I’m sorry… look at me.” she said running to the restroom.

Alex smiled as he saw her blush and run to the bathroom, “its ok Amber…” he managed to say as he got off her bed and went to lay in his. He could hear the water running and then he saw the notebook on the table and it caught his attention. He realized he shouldn’t look through and sighed with relief when the door to the bathroom opened.

“I am so sorry about last night,” Amber said shyly as she went to her suitcase. “I don’t know what happened, I mean I knew what I was to expect of my father and yet it still hurt me so much. I feel horrible I mean I cried all over your chest and you had barely showered. I’m sorry… It won’t happen again.” She said still not having the courage to look toward him.

Alex watched her and it clicked in his head why she was acting like she was. “Amber its ok… I offered my shoulder for you to cry on.” he said walking up to her. He made her turn around and face him, “I know we didn’t start as friends but I know how much pain it causes in your heart when your father turns his back on you.”

Amber looked at him and suddenly felt bad for him too remembering that he hadn't had his real father by his side since he was young. “Thanks,” she told him her arms wrapping around his waist.

Alex was caught by surprise but then it felt natural for him to hug her back, “anytime… well till we go our separate ways that is.” He was starting to feel bad at that thought knowing that soon she would leave on her own. She had turned out to be a very interesting hostage.

********

“I spy something pink,” Amber said as she giggled. They had been driving for a while already and she had started to play a game with him.

“That’s it I give up I haven’t guessed one I spy since we started playing.” Alex said smiling toward her.

Amber began to giggle; “fine…” she looked at him and couldn’t help admire his facial features. She didn’t understand why but she could see why he had had so many girlfriends. She had never really liked guys with so many tattoos but on him it suite him. She cleared her throat and turned to look out the window hoping he had not caught that.

“I believe we need gas,” he said as he took the next exit. “Do you want anything to drink?” he asked her as he went into the Chevron.

“Yeah a coke and skittles.” She said to him as he turned off the car at the pump.

“Ok,” Alex said giving her a smile. “I’ll be back.”

Amber watched as he walked toward the store, she sighed in relief when she realized he had not noticed her ogling at him. Suddenly she felt the urge to use the ladies room since they had stopped already.

As she walked into the store she noticed Alex was very entertained with the clerk. She didn’t understand why that was upsetting her but she felt anger. “Excuse me,” she said clearing her throat. “The restrooms where are they?” she asked the lady with a fake smile evident on her face.

She took the key from the clerk and walked out, once outside she sighed heavily. She could not help staring back and seeing how Alex continued to flirt with that fake blonde.

By the time she came back Alex was pumping gas, on her seat were the coke and skittles. She felt too angry to say thank you and just sat in her seat, putting her coke and candy in the cup holders.

She didn’t even look when he climbed in a cigarette in his mouth ready to light it. “I got your coke and candy,” said as he turned on the car. He waited till he was back on the road to light the cigarette. “What’s wrong?” Alex asked.

“Nothing,” Amber managed to say without staring at him. “I just couldn’t use the restroom it was horrible…” she said anger evident in her voice.

“I can stop at a McDonald’s if you want.” Alex said exhaling the smoke.

“No I’m fine I can wait…” she said trying to calm herself, this was the first time in her life she felt jealousy? Because that’s what she was feeling even if Alex never insinuated that he liked her in that way.

“Okay?” he said staring at her curiously… “There’s something else isn’t there?”

“No nothing at all I am just tired.” She lied as she finally managed to look at him and force a smile on her face.

“Well go to sleep I’ll wake you if we reach Nevada before you wake up.” Alex said not really believing her. “So you’re not going to eat these?” he asked grabbing the bag of skittles.

“No… you got the wrong ones. I like the ones in the blue bag not red.” She told him going back to staring out the window.

“You didn’t tell me which ones you liked and when I asked Nicole for advice she told me I could never go wrong with the original.” He said opening the bag of skittles.

She turned to look at him… “Well Nicole is wrong.”

His eyes widened as he saw the way she said the clerks name… “Yeah she was but what was I thinking asking an ordinary girl about candy I was buying for a so not ordinary girl. Well at least they were free…” he said grinning.

“Yeah your flirting worked like a charm didn’t it?” Amber asked resentfully.

“Someone seems mad,” Alex said as he put more skittles in his mouth. “She was hot… what can I say.”

Amber glared at him, “You know I understand why you haven’t found love. I mean look at where you are looking for love at?” she said crossing her arms.

“Are you jealous?” Alex asked finally realizing she was.

“No!” she said quickly, “But I mean you can tell what type of girl she is that’s all.”

“It’s meaningless flirting and that’s what I do I flirt. I like to make a girl feel special and sometimes I get other things out it. That’s the truth and I’m sorry I don’t believe in that fairytale crap. Love does not exist Amber… so sorry if my way of lifestyle doesn’t look good. I enjoy it very much. I personally think you were jealous.” Alex said as he reached over and caressed her cheek.

“I was not jealous, I just feel like you deserve to find someone descent. Just like you got to know me I got to know you and I think you are capable of finding love.” She said as she continued to deny that she had been a little jealous. But it was nothing… she hoped.
Chapter 7 by summer03
Alex sighed heavily as he saw Amber sleeping. He couldn’t help but smile at her little fret earlier. He sighed heavily as he passed the sign that said that in exactly twenty seven miles they would be in Nevada. “Hey Amber?” he said tapping her on the shoulder.

Amber finally opened her eyes as she felt his tap, “Are we there yet?” she asked really not wanting to ask.

“No we still have twenty seven miles,” he said giving her his mischievous smile. “I just got bored so I had to wake you.”

“Why don’t you turn on the radio?” she asked him turning on. “My favorite,” she said as Dean Martin “Sway” began to play.

Alex looked at her curiously as she began to hum the song, “Dean Martin… I would have you listening to New Kids on the Block or something of that nature.”

“Well my father would always make us listen to his music, so I tend to appreciate Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and even the King Elvis.” She felt sad at her father’s remembrance, “I will educate you all in music,” she pretended to copy her father’s voice. “He made us take ball room dancing too; my mother and father could dance this song so well… flawless.” She closed her eyes to picture them dancing and then sighed. She was definitely going to miss that.

Alex listened and could almost picture her dancing to Dean Martin as well she painted her memories so vivid. “You can always turn back,” he said bringing her back from her memories.

“I can’t I need to find what I like not live to my father’s expectations,” she said firmly taking the cassette out of the cassette player and looking for a station.

“Sorry I shouldn’t have said that,” Alex said realizing that her father was still a very sensitive subject.
She sighed heavily and looked at him, “I guess I am new to all this and miss my old self. Thank you though for listening to all my tantrums.”

“Oh well you should wait till after we party in Vegas and go our separate ways to thank me. What you thought I had forgotten?” he said winking at her.

********

“What is this?” Amber asked Alex bewildered by the dress he was holding up for her. “That’s like a scarf not a dress.”

Alex laughed at her comment and cleared his throat, “If you want to pass for the girl in this ID I got for you we have to make you look older than twenty one. Just try it on,” he said pushing her toward the dressing room. “Remember you not going to a convent.”

“That’s right because I am not catholic,” she retorted as she finally took the dress from his hands and walked into the dressing room.

“Catholic, Mormon, Pentecostal, or whatever same difference,” Alex said he sat on stool waiting for her to come out.

Amber was about to rebuttal but instead bit her lip as she tried to find the right way to try on the horrible dress. “I don’t like this,” she said as she finally put it on. It was strapless something her father would kill her for if he caught her wearing that. She hesitated as she looked at the mirror pulling down on the very short dress, “Don’t laugh,” she said frustrated as she walked out, pull her hair down to cover her bra straps.

“I won-,” Alex stopped in mid sentence as she walked out. He cleared his throat and smiled, “see it works.” He got up and walked to her walking around her, “Ok now we need shoes and better under garments,” he said for the first time blushing as his face came face to face with hers.

“Can’t we find a better dress with more fabric to it?” she asked still pulling at her dress it rose way above her knee.

“We are doing it the right way, you have to admit you have at least wished once to wear something like this.” he insisted as he arched his brow at her. “Now what size bra are you?”

“What? Excuse me?” she said baffled.

“Oh right sorry,” Alex said turning and walking away. He came back with a clerk in hand; “could you help my girlfriend find a suitable bra for this dress?” he asked winking at the clerk. “I’ll go see the shoes while she helps you,” he said winking at Amber too.

Amber stared at him still playing the word girlfriend in her head. She knew he was only role playing so the lady wouldn’t suspect anything but it had sounded nice.

*******

“Come on Amber or should I say Samantha?” Alex said as he continued to play with her fake ID.

“I don’t know if I can do this,” She said she walked out of the restroom.

Alex cleared his throat as he saw her. She was definitely pretty, “You look great Amber and I will be with you all the time.”

She couldn’t help but smile as she caught him checking her out, “Where are we going to first?”

“Definitely gambling, to try and win money not loose it. With a clear head is better than in a drunken state.” Alex said as he grabbed the key to the hotel.

“I want to try those slot machines,” Amber said as she looked at her fake ID, she hoped she could pull looking like that Samantha girl.

“Ok we will try it all,” AJ said taking her hand in his.

***********

She was in awe as she walked through the casino, girls half naked and people betting there money away. Sin city she thought to herself as she continued to walk around with Alex.

“Ok here they are,” Alex said pointing her to the slot machines. “Like promised choose one,” Alex said handing her a coin.

“Really anyone?” Amber said smiling at her chance to finally crossing out gambling from her list.

“Yeah go for it,” Alex said as he sat beside her. “I’ll use this one,” he said putting in a coin and pulling the handle. “Come on come on,” he began to whisper as he waited.

“Oh,” Amber said when she saw he hadn’t won anything, “Let me try,” she told him doing as he had. “One cherry, two cherries, look three cherries!” she got excited.

“Alright Amber you won,” Alex said catching her by surprise when he hugged her carrying her in his arms.

Amber was happy and it had stopped being about her victory when she felt Alex’s hands on her, she met his eyes and had to clear her throat. Finally Alex put her down as well and cleared his throat.

“Do you want to try this again or do want to try your hand at poker?” he asked pretending to look around still feeling a little bewildered by his sudden feeling when he met her eyes.

“Yeah lets try poker we can come back right?” she asked him as she collected the coins she had won.

“Yeah we can always come back,” he told her as he began to think about what was happening to him?
Chapter 8 by summer03
“You had good luck tonight,” Alex told Amber as they walked out of the casino and into the busy street. “You doubled what you had, must be nice.”

“Well that means I can maybe travel for a little longer before actually settling down and finding a job.” Amber said smiling. “I actually had fun too. Where to now?”

“Hmm… how about a bar first?” he said wrapping his arm around her shoulders.

She smiled and didn’t say much more as they began to walk, “Okay I have to say that the shoes are a little uncomfortable.” She finally told him.

Alex laughed, “Just because you’re not used to them that’s all.” Alex smiled as he finally saw a bar. “Come on lets go into this one.” He pointed to the bar.

Instantly Alex got sidetracked by a gorgeous blonde who seemed to be thinking the same as him. “I’m going to the men’s room, you’ll be okay right?”

“Yeah I’m going to try and drink this,” she flashed her rum and coke. “So I can be ready for whatever else you’re going to give me tonight,” she smiled at him.

He felt his heart beat a bit faster as his eyes locked with hers but he knew better and cleared his throat as he headed toward the restrooms. Alex smiled as he saw the blonde follow him.

“Would you like another one?” Amber smiled at the bartender and nodded, she was starting to like whatever it was she was drinking. She was beginning to panic as she realized Alex was taking long. “I’ll be right back,” she told the bartender and began to walk toward the restrooms.

She stopped in her tracks as she saw Alex was kissing some girl. It was a very heated make out session in the dark hall that lead to the restrooms. She didn’t understand why she felt anger and disappointment but she had no right to. She turned back around and tried to calm down drinking the fresh rum and coke in three drinks. “Could I have another… wait or do you suggest anything?” she asked the friendly bartender.

“Well miss it all depends,” he smiled at her, “Do you want something more strong or not? Wait you might like a Margarita top shelf… my treat.” He winked at her.

Amber blushed as she saw him wink, “thanks,” she said as she watched him prepare her drink

“One margarita top self on the rocks, enjoy.” He told her as he walked away to help someone else.

She smelled it and then just took a large gulp… “It’s not that bad,” she said as she began to down it faster. “Hey sir,” she called the bartender again.

“I take you liked it?” he told her his eyes wide with surprise.

“Yes I did could I have another one?” she asked him as she began to feel warm inside.

“Sure.”

“Thanks,” she said just as she turned to see Alex coming back with that girl walking beside him. She turned back around trying to ignore him.

“Sandy this is my sister,” Alex lied as he presented Amber to his new friend.

“Hello happy birthday,” Sandy told Amber.

Amber was about to say it was not her birthday but Alex butted in, “I told her I had brought you down to celebrate your birthday.” He gave her a smile and pleading look hoping Amber would not spill out the truth.

“Here you go miss,” the bartender said handing her another margarita.

“Thanks…I’m sorry what was your name?” Amber asked the bartender breaking the eye contact between her and Alex.

“James,” he answered her.

“Right thanks James for my Margarita top shelf.” She turned to look at Alex, “Why don’t you and Sandy join me on this drink? It is my birthday! Happy birthday to me!” she said.

Alex felt a little bad as he heard the anger apparent in Amber’s voice. “Ok yeah. James I’ll have some Jack and Sandy what will you have?”

********

Amber watched from where she sat as Alex and that Sandy girl danced. It was very disgusting to her and her night had been ruined. Now here she was in one of the most popular clubs in Vegas according to Sandy and she was angry. She stood up holding onto the stool as she finally began to feel the effects of the alcohol in her system.

She knew she had to go to the restroom soon if not she would have an accident so she began to walk toward the restrooms complaining to herself about Alex and his behavior. What did he see in that girl anyway?

A few minutes later she was heading back to where they were seated and sighed in disappointment as she realized they were still not there.

“Excuse me would you like to dance?”

Amber was caught off guard as she heard the man ask her to dance. She gave him a smile and was about to decline when she saw Alex not only dancing with Sandy but again they were kissing. “Sure I’d love to. I just have to be honest…I am not a good dancer.”

“Don’t worry sweetie I’ll show you,” the man said giving her a smile. “I’m Oscar by the way.”

“Amber … Samantha. I like Samantha better,” she said remembering that at that moment she was Samantha not Amber.

“Ok Samantha lets dance,” Oscar said just as the music changed from an upbeat song to a slower one. “Even better it’s easier to learn to dance in slow songs.”

********

Amber was really trying to have fun and Oscar had been a great help. She didn’t know she had been dancing with him for a long while till she felt Alex’s hand tap her shoulder. “We need to go.” Alex told her smiling at the young man.

“I am having so much fun,” Amber told Alex with more enthusiasm than she really meant.

“No we really need to go,” Alex said nervously. “we can come back tomorrow.”

“Its fine I can take you home if you want?” Oscar offered seeing the urgency Alex had to leave.

“No my sister leaves with me.” Alex told him suddenly not really liking that guy.

“Fine,” Amber said glaring at him as she waved at Oscar. “Nice meeting you.”

They walked in silence… Amber was quiet to keep from giving him a piece of her mind.

Alex was quiet to try and find a way to sneak out later to meet up with Sandy. He just hoped he could make sure Amber was asleep.

***********

Amber opened her eyes and saw the time it was five in the morning. She pretended to be asleep as Alex crept back in. He was doing a poor job though but she still pretended to be asleep as he stood beside her bed probably checking on her.

Amber was glad that tomorrow she could just leave and she would never have to see him again. But why was she crying then, she just listened in silence as Alex showered. He had been with Sandy she knew that and it was killing her

She heard him open the door and could not take it anymore she sat up in bed turning on the light. She crossed her arms as she waited for him to come out. “Good morning” she told him in a sour tone.

Alex stopped in his tracks as he saw the look on Ambers face. “I thought you were asleep sorry if I woke you up I just felt like I needed a shower.”

“Who wouldn’t after sneaking back out…” she did not finish her sentence and instead bit her lip. “You were suppose to show me a good time and instead you let some dumb girl wrap you around her finger!” she told him now anger apparent in her voice.

Alex sighed heavily and then he spoke, “I’m sorry Amber I really am but I promise tomorrow I will make it up to you.” he walked up to her bed sitting on the side.

Amber just gave him a smug smile, “I actually am leaving as soon as the sun is out. Remember our deal this is the end of us riding together.”

Alex felt his stomach unsettle as she told him that. “No really Amber let me make it up to you.”

“No that’s ok thank you…I think I’ll go find Oscar from last night he’s from here I am sure he can show me around. You have Sandy to worry about.” Amber told him.

“Oscar? You can’t just trust anyone here Amber… he could be a rapist for all you know!” Alex said feeling a pang of jealousy at the mention of that guy’s name.

“Really doesn’t it also apply to you and you didn’t care you went ahead. You went with that girl I may be innocent but not stupid!” she yelled and suddenly she began to get up the bed.

“Where are you going?” He asked her as he watched her start to put on her shoes

“I’ve decided I want to go now,” She told him as she began to put her hair in a messy bun.

“Amber please just rest.” He said walking up to her making her stop. “Amber…”

“You can’t tell me what to do!” she told him trying to pull away from his grip.

Alex got frustrated by her little fit and wrapped his arms around her waist making her struggle to get away from his grip.

“Let go of me… you idiot.” She began to hit him she didn’t care where she was angry and tears began to fall down her face.

Alex grabbed her and threw her on the bed. “Stop this! Amber relax,” He said as he crawled on top of her to try and make her stop kicking. He pinned her hands over her head and he just stared at her. “Amber,” he said as she continued to squirm to get free.

He finally sighed as he took both her hands in one of his and then with the other he grabbed her face so she was facing him. “Stop Amber…” then he saw it she was hurt. He knew he had done wrong but he didn’t understand why till now as he saw it in her eyes.

Without another word he took her mouth with his…
Chapter 9 by summer03
Amber moved trying to stop him from kissing her but was not able too. He was aggressive in his kiss forcing his tongue into her mouth. She felt anger yet she had wondered how his kisses would be like. He was now officially the first man to ever kiss her and in any other time she wouldn’t have minded. She stopped squirming and with that he let go of her hands.

He now had both his hands on her face, she was starting to feel the butterflies in her stomach but still the anger beat any other feeling and with out thinking it twice she pushed him off her. She stood up and began to wipe her mouth. “Why did you kiss me?” she asked anger flashing in her face.

She was flustered and blushing that only made him smile. “It was just like I thought it would feel like,” he said his chest heaving.

Amber was angry and then she walked up to him, “Really what was it like?” she asked him her hands on her hips.

Alex smirked and dared to walk up close to her, “it was like kissing an angel…” he told her. The he felt the sting as Amber’s right hand flew and smacked him on his face.

“Don’t you ever touch me like that? Especially after god knows where you’ve been?” she said with anger and then she began to cry. Not wanting to be in the same room as him she ran and locked herself in the restroom.

Alex sighed heavily realizing exactly why she was like that. He felt miserable and the truth was he really didn’t feel much for Sandy. She was just an easy lay, one he needed at that point. Because truth be told since his path crossed Amber’s he had been experiencing feelings he didn’t know existed. Amber deserved someone better than him, but it was too late for that.

He walked up to the door and knocked… “Amber I’m sorry please open up.” He could hear her sobs and it only made him feel worse. “Amber…”

“Leave… go to Sandy and let me be!” Amber yelled from inside the restroom. “We made a deal, it’s your turn to go through with your part.”

“Is that what you want?” Alex asked knowing well he would not be able to go through with his part.

“Yes, leave and stay away from me…” she said as she began to calm down. She began to wash her face and her mouth. Her lips still tingled from the kiss, a kiss she would have enjoyed if she knew it really meant something. “Go or I will go to the authorities about everything you thief!”

Alex felt the pain of those words, “I can’t leave without telling you that you have done something to me. I didn’t believe in love till you showed up in my life. I didn’t want to admit that, you have stolen my heart. I just feel like you deserved someone better than me. I know I acted the worst way ever but…don’t accuse me of theft when you are the worst of all thieves’. You stole my heart, I Alexander McLean have finally fallen in love!” he yelled as he began to gather his belongings. He took out the keys that belonged to her and laid them on the small table in the hotel room. Then without hesitation he ripped off her graduation picture from the key chain. He then turned and faced the door to the restroom hoping she would open the door. Finally realizing she was not going to come out he stormed out the hotel slamming the door.

********

It had been exactly two hours since Alex had stormed out of the hotel room. She had been waiting, hoping he would return… she was still thinking of what he had told her. “He loves me,” she whispered as she felt her lips.

She still was crying, why had she allowed him to go. “I love him,” she said as she began to gather her things too. Maybe if she left she could forget about him too.

Once everything was in her trunk she went to the office to return the key and pay the hotel. “Good morning,” she told the clerk as she handed him the key. “How much do I owe you?”

“Nothing your tab has been paid,” he told her eyeing her. She still hadn't been able to make her eyes look normal they were still puffy and red. “Your friend paid for it before he left,” he told her.

“You saw him leave? Did he mention where he was going?” she asked.

“All he asked was for a taxi and another hotel close by. He mentioned something about staying in Vegas for a couple more days.” The clerk told the young lady.

Amber smiled and then she thanked him as she walked to her Toyota. What was she going to do? She could just get in her car and leave this place or she could try to find him?

She got into her car and after driving a few blocks she finally made up her mind. She began to look for a hotel to stay at. She would search for him; she couldn’t go far without him either.

*********

“Yeah she did check out around eight,” the clerk told Alex. “She looked pretty sad though,” he told him.

“Thanks,” Alex said with sadness as he walked out the office and back into the taxi. She detested him and had left. She was gone and with her she took his heart.

“Where to now sir?”

“The nearest bar,” he told the driver as he took out the picture he had torn off the key chain. Even in her picture she had the vivid green eyes and he could not help but feel like crying.

“Are you alright sir?”

Alex laughed sourly, “No I am not I think I just lost the best thing to ever happen to me.”

“Is it a gal?” the taxi driver asked as he continued to drive.

“Yes the one girl to ever make me feel like I can’t go on with her by my side.” Alex said as he continued to hold Amber’s picture.

“Why don’t you go looking for her?” he asked him.

“I wish I could but she is gone, vanished. I don’t know where she went.” Alex said.

“That is bad sir take it from own experience you will never find another love like that. No one will replace her.” He told him as he stopped in front of a bar. “Do you want me to come back later for you?”

“Yeah please, how much do I owe you?” Alex asked the taxi driver as he began to think of the many drinks he was going to need to forget.
Chapter 10 by summer03
“Yes room 201,” Amber answered to the man taking her order. She had chosen a hotel near to where she had spent her night with Alex. The casino they had gambled there money at could be seen from the second floor window of her hotel. She smiled as she finally walked away from the window and took a seat on the single bed.

She began to debate on her decision to look for him. Did she really love him? In such little time could she have fallen for him? She sighed heavily as she walked to her suitcase and pulled out her fake ID the only memory she had been able to keep from her time with Alex.

She knew he was still in Vegas and that gave her hope that maybe if she looked good she would find him. Yet her moral side told her to run now that she could and forget him. She was in turmoil trying to decide what she wanted to do.

She could almost see her grandmother tell her the many reasons why Alex was not suitable for her. She even giggled as she pictured her grandmother telling her…

“He doesn’t believe in love or in morals. He’s a thief; he smokes and look at his appearance. No dear Amber you need someone that knows how to treat a woman, someone that looks like a gentleman and that believes in what you believe.”

She sighed, “Normally I would listen to you Grandma but maybe this time I will let the devil win…” she smiled as she said that out loud. She could now picture the devil telling her exactly how much fun she would have if she chose to find Alex.

She pictured Jesus being tempted by Satan himself when he was here on earth and how Jesus was strong enough to tell him no all three times. Not even hunger or the idea of being the governor of the world made Jesus give in.

She bit her lip and began to hate the fact that she knew so much about what was right in god’s eyes. She for once understood why her father always told her to find a boyfriend that had her same beliefs.

Yet she also understood Alex’s point of views. It was like he also made sense in something’s anyway. Not in love he had said it himself he had finally fallen in love and with her. She smiled as she replayed his small yet powerful speech before he left her for good.

“Sorry grandma, but I think this time I am going to choose to do what my heart tells me.” she said out loud to no one but she felt that way she could get the strength to find him.

She was startled by the knock on her door. She opened it and there stood her pizza, “Oh thank you that was fast.” She told the young man a she paid him. “Keep the change,” she told him. “Quick question,” she told the young man before he could leave. “Do you know of any other hotels nearby?”

“Well close to this one or this area there is only two more. Flamingo Inn but that one doesn’t have a good reputation… well you know what I mean. Then there is the Ramada Inn and this one Two Palms Inn.” The young man told her, then he smiled and walked away.

She closed the door smiling, “well for sure he is not at the Ramada,” that’s where they had been staying when they had arrived. So either he was staying here or at the Flamingo Inn. He couldn’t be at the Flamingo she thought as she saw the face the pizza man had made at the mention of that hotel.

***********

After realizing it was too early to find a descent bar open he had come back to his hotel room and there he drank his sorrows away. Of course he had made a pit stop at a liquor store, “Why is this killing you Alex?” he asked himself as he played with the picture in his hand.

He was vehemently sure that he would never find love. He had grown in a home where love was not really there. Well except for his grandparents but that was because they had been brought up the old fashion way.

He smiled a little as he remembered his grandpa Adolf tell him that a woman was like a flower delicate and beautiful. He always kept that in his head, his grandfather was the reason he always tried to make a woman feel like she was one of a kind. Manners were part of his childhood education. He never told anyone about being taught etiquette by his grandparents.

He wished he could turn back time, to be exact to six years earlier when he was seventeen. The day his grandmother had sat him down after she had seen him flirting with a neighbor. He would have paid more attention to her instead of arguing to her that he would never fall in love.

He remembered he had told her he would only fall in love if he could find someone like her. “They don’t make girls like you anymore grandma,” he had told her as he had kissed her forehead.

He hadn't realized he was crying till he felt a tear roll down his chin. “Love… LOVE!” he said sternly throwing Amber’s picture across the room. It landed on the floor, he smiled and then he took another sip of the Hypnotic bottle.

“Maybe she left back to her house. Where she should be at!” he told himself as he lit a cigarette. He looked at the clock on the side table, “Time to go.” Now there would be a descent bar to get the good liquor. The liquor that made you forget for a good while. Maybe he could also find a heart replacement, it would not be the same but he knew he would never find Amber.

He dialed the familiar number, “Yes I need a taxi, and I am at the Two Palms hotel room 106.” He told whoever had answered. If he wanted he could always find Sandy but at this moment she was only repulsive to him.

*******

She looked at herself on the mirror she looked older right? She looked at the girl on her fake ID and then at herself again. “Confidence,” she told herself reassuring herself she could pull it off.

After walking to her car she took a deep sigh and began to reverse when she had to brake, “Oh my god,” She said realizing she was about to hit a cab. She let the cab park and then she again tried to pull out, at that moment she wished Alex would have been there.

“God I know you hate me right now but if you do love me help me find him. I need to find him…” she said out loud hoping god would hear her. She sighed heavily as she finally was out of the parking space and then as she looked up she saw who was coming out of a hotel room. “Alex?”

She wanted to call him but instead she let him get in the cab, she had to work up the nerve to tell him she loved him too. How was she going to do it? Would he even care anymore? Had she hurt him too much? She opted to follow him instead keeping up to the taxi cab.

A few blocks later he was getting off at Cool River Bar, she smiled as she went to look for a parking space. She had to at least apologize right? She had no idea how she was going to do it but it was apparent to her that her prince charming was not very charming. Not in the way she had dreamt it would be… and even though he was a little or big time different it was still okay. She liked him like that.

After walking a little she made it to the entrance of the bar and after looking at her a few times they let her in. The bar was full and she strained her eyes to find Alex. She smiled when she saw him sitting alone with a glass of some type of liquor in hand. She was going to begin to walk toward him when a hand grabbed her arm, “Hello beautiful… you look lonely and I am lonely why don’t we get together? Have some fun, I know this nice club not far from here or we can go to my place if you like.”

Amber could smell the liquor and beer on the man it made her almost throw up, “No thanks I am actually not –” she was then surprised by the angry look on the mans face.

“I said you’re going with me,” he began to pull her.

“NO please let me go,” she began to struggle out of his grip. She was beginning to panic and she turned toward Alex but he was not even aware of what was going on. Finally she kicked the man shin and began to run back toward Alex. “Alex!” she yelled but again the man had already gotten a hold of her again.

Alex turned as he heard his name at the same time laughing realizing he was now hearing her voice, “great I really am going crazy.” As soon as he finished saying those words though he saw that he wasn’t imagining it she was there. He soon saw someone was pulling her toward the exit and without thinking it twice ran toward her. “Hey let go of her!”

Amber sighed in relief as she heard Alex. Then there it was Alex was on top of the man just beating the crap out of him. Soon people were gathering around and Amber knew she should get him out of there. “Alex,” she yelled pulling on him. “Let’s go before security gets here,” she didn’t have to repeat it twice when Alex was already pulling her out of the bar.
Chapter 11 by summer03
Amber was trying to keep up with Alex and finally after a block of torture in the heels she was wearing she pulled out of his grip, “Alex!” she said frustrated.

Alex didn’t stop her from pulling away and he continued to walk. But soon stopped when he heard her call his name, he turned and looked at her. “Are you ok?” he asked not moving from where he stood.

Amber gave him a weak smile and spoke again, “Yes thank you… are you okay though?” she asked as she walked up to him looking for any evidence of the fight he was just in.

He didn’t complain at her gentle touch on his face, “I’m fine no damage done,” he told her looking at her. “What were you doing? Why are you still here in Vegas?” he asked as he stopped her hand from caressing his face.

“I-,” she couldn’t say it, it was apparent it was going to be harder than she thought to tell him she was feeling the same as him. She smiled nervously and looked down, “I was looking for you…” she said her voice quivering.

Alex looked at her baffled, “Yeah why would you? Didn’t you tell me to leave?” he couldn’t help the hostility. “I don’t understand –,” he stopped talking when he saw her look up with tears running down her face. “I’m sorry…” He whispered automatically wiping the fresh tears with his hands. He couldn’t see her like that and then without any warning she was hugging him.

She clung to him crying and in between she felt safe as his hands wrapped around her too. “Let’s go somewhere else to talk,” he whispered into her ear as people began to stare at them.

**********

The ride to the Two Palms hotel was silent and all Amber told him was she was staying in room 201. He turned off the ignition and turned to face her sighing, “Are you okay?” he asked noticing she was no longer crying.

“Yeah,” she said giving him a nervous smile. “I don’t know why I did that,” she told him as she opened the door to the car. “Do you want to come in?”

He looked at her and could not say no to her, “Let’s go…” he took the keys and followed her up the stairs to her room.

Amber opened the door and allowed him to come in as she turned on the lights to her room, “Sorry about the mess,” she said as she threw away the whole pizza still untouched to the waste basket.

Alex only smiled thinking what she would say if she saw his room. “Its cool,” he said rubbing the back of his neck. “So…”

“Right,” Amber said laughing nervously. “Have a seat,” she told him as she took off her shoes. “Still trying to get used to these.” She blushed and then cleared her throat… “Did you mean what you told me the other day?” she asked as she sat on the bed.

Alex had just taken a seat on one of the chairs in the room, “I said many things…” he said knowing well what she was talking about.

“Alex…” Amber said in a pleading voice, “I am talking about you telling me you love me?” she said looking down to the floor.

Alex sighed heavily and walked up to her kneeling in front of her. He then proceeded to put a strand of hair behind her ear so she could see him, “Yes… I can’t lie and say no. I have fallen in love with you Amber. I didn’t want to admit it though because I felt you deserved someone better than me. I am just a thief like you said.” He told her as his eyes penetrated her green eyes.

Amber smiled as she bit her lip, “What if I told you I don’t care who you are or what you have done? I feel the same for you…” she said blushing as his gaze made her feel butterflies in her stomach. “Your eyes are so beautiful,” She told him in a whisper.

“I would disagree,” Alex said as he gave her a smile. “I’m sorry for being an asshole Amber I should’ve been honest with you. I can’t pin point when exactly you bewitched me… yes bewitched me even if you don’t believe in that either,” He said as he saw her expression at his words. “Instead of trying to pretend like I felt nothing more for you than friendship.”

“I know your good person and I shouldn’t have called you that,” she said as she felt like her tears were about to start coming down again. “I want you to come with me… let’s explore the U.S. together?”

Alex laughed lightly and then he spoke again, “How can I say no?” he said as he stood up and pulled her up so she was standing in front him. He pulled her toward him there bodies very close, “But first I think I should show you just how gratifying a real kiss is…” he smiled as he took her face with his hands.

Amber could only nod as Alex’s face came closer to hers. She automatically closed her eyes as she felt his lips on her forehead, eyes, cheeks, chin and then a light brush on he lips. She smiled a little and then there it was his lips on hers lightly pressing on hers. She began to shivering when his lips took her bottom lip biting it lightly. Before she knew it she was clinging to him as he claimed her mouth completely, it was like she knew what to do.

It felt too short, to her when he separated himself from her. He was blushing and a big smile on his face, her chest was heaving and her eyes were greener or so it appeared to him. “That was even better than the other day,” he caressed her face.

********

“Amber?” Alex called from the bed. “I’m just going to check out of my room and be back ok?”

“Yeah,” Amber yelled as she continued to wash her face. She was glowing realizing Alex really did love her. Today was the new start for them. For one now she was his girlfriend that was what he had finally called her last night.
Chapter 12 by summer03
“Come on Amber,” Alex said impatiently as he waited for her to come out of the restroom.

“Ok I am done,” she said opening the door and giggling as she saw Alex spill his drink out as he saw her. “Is it that bad?” she asked.

Alex wiped his mouth and cleared his throat, “No not bad at all,” he said walking up to her. “Its breath taking,” he whispered to her as he wrapped his arms around her. “It makes your eyes stand out,” he told her.

“I see you are wearing green too,” she told him as she saw the shirt he was wearing.

“Mhmm, it is Saint Patty’s day.” He caressed her cheek and then smiled at her. “So today it’s all about you scratching out some more of the things to do from your list.”

“Ok like what?” she asked.

“Like celebrating a holiday… and being Irish for a day.” He laughed at his lame comment. “Maybe we can also scratch out a tattoo?” he arched his brow to her in question.

“Maybe… or we can not try to get all my list cleaned out here in Vegas. We do have a lot of the U.S. to explore.” She stood on her toes to reach him and then she kissed him.

He automatically kissed her back picking her up so she didn’t have to struggle. “I think we should go,” he said kissing her again and then put her down. He smiled at Amber’s frustrated moan. She wasn’t very happy about his choice to not, well you know. He wanted to take it slow and he wanted to make sure Amber really meant what she had said.

“Fine let’s go celebrate,” she told him grabbing his hand.

*********

She moaned as she felt someone trying to wake her up. “Ugh I feel like crap,” she said as she covered her face with a pillow. “Yeah now I can definitely scratch out hangover.”

Alex laughed at her comment, “Princess we have to go, remember we are heading west today.” He kissed her shoulder again and then took the pillow away from her face. “Come on you just need a shower and the hangover antidote I have ready for you to drink.” He struggled to get her up and literally carried her to the shower.

Amber yelled as she felt the cold water hit her, “Oh my god! Alex!” she was wide awake now.

Alex ran before she could smack him, “I’m going to get your suitcase, shower.” He told her laughing a little. He did as he told her and was now organizing everything for there departure. He sighed as he remembered the events from the night before. It was getting harder for him to say no to a very willing Amber and the truth was he very much wanted to experience love with her in that way.

He wasn’t going to condemn her though he was going to it the right way, “Are you almost done?” he asked as he drank his part of the hangover antidote.

“Yes, almost” Amber said walking out half dressed. “What shirt should I wear? Red or black?” she asked looking at Alex.

Alex cleared his throat and then managed to say the color he preferred, “Red,” he quickly turned away and pretended to be busy looking at the map he had purchased earlier.

“So what am I drinking exactly?” Amber asked as she sat next to him. Smiling at that fact that she was getting to him, she did not see why he cared so much, she had made her choice she wanted him. Every part of him and he was just being silly she was going to win sooner or later.

“Just drink don’t ask,” he told her smiling at her. “You look better the cold shower helped?”

She glared at him; “Yes!” she took the cup with the mysterious liquid and sniffed. “What in gods name is in here?”

“Just drink… look I am drinking some too,” he smiled and finish his drink trying to make a face at the horrid taste.

“Fine,” she grumbled and drank. “Ew…” she said wiping her mouth. “That is horrible Alex how can you drink it like nothing?”

Alex laughed and brushed his finger on her face, “Years of practice,” he winked at her. “ready?”

“As I’ll ever be,” she told him making a face before drinking the rest of her drink. After she ran to the restroom.

Ale waited patiently for her finish brushing her teeth, “All better?” he asked when she came out.

“Yes,” she told him wrapping her around him. “Well let’s go California awaits.”

********

She felt his hand on hers as they drove in silence. “I can’t wait to see the beach,” she told him smiling.

“Amber I have something to tell you,” he said as he turned to look at her. “I can’t continue on this trip with you without doing something first.”

Amber looked at him anxiously, “what? What is it?” she asked him.

“Well…” he took a deep breath. “I am a lost cause Amber but you… your not I mean I a not very religious and all but I know your morals are high in your list of good. I want to do the right thing and the only for that is if…” he stopped and smiled at the perplexed face Amber was making.

“You’re scaring me Alex,” she said fearing the worst was he dumping her?

“Relax princess its nothing bad,” he told her as he finally saw what he was looking for her. He pointed toward the building and smiled as he saw her read it the big sign.

“The Kings Chapel?” Amber read and then she turned to look at Alex.

“Marry me…” he told her with pleading eyes. “I love you Amber and I need to do this the right way and that means marriage. If you don’t want to fine but then I can’t continue on with you Amber because I am afraid of what will happen and I can’t live if I knew I had caused you to sin.” He gave a crooked smile.

Amber looked at him and then back at the building it even had a drive thru… she was frozen she didn’t know what to do. He was so sweet to think of her and he was right even though she kept insinuating that she didn’t mind deep inside she did. He was thinking of everything. But could she be married at such young age?

“Well?” Alex asked worry in his tone. “Amber?”
Chapter 13 by summer03
She sat in shock still hearing him ask her to marry him. Why was he suddenly trying to morally correct? She didn’t understand and yet she was having a moment, her heart was beating rapidly. She looked at him and cleared her throat smiling at him nervously. She tried to speak but nothing came out, she grimaced at his sudden change on his face. His wide smile was turning into a worried frown.

“I guess your silence answers my question,” Alex said letting go of her hand and grabbing the steering wheel with both of his hands. He sighed heavily and then he turned off the car. “I know what you’re thinking? That I could not be serious about this but the truth is I am…”

Amber bit her bottom lip and then she couldn’t hold it anymore tears began to come down her face. She began to sob she couldn’t control her sudden urge to cry.

“Princess what’s wrong?” Alex suddenly felt worried… “I’m sorry what did I do? I thought you felt the same as I did?” he said sadness apparent on his voice.

Amber stared up to him and gave him a smile, “I do… I just didn’t expect for you to ask me to marry you. I didn’t expect it…” she unbuckled her seat belt and hugged him. She smiled at him and then she crashed her lips onto his.

Alex kissed her back not really understanding her. Finally she broke off the kiss for air; Alex took that moment to try and speak but again was cut off by finger on his lips. “Ok let’s get married,” she told him kissing him again.

*******

“When did you get this?” she asked Alex as he gave a very beautiful white dress it was very forties glamour.

“When I went to get us breakfast earlier I saw it on a vintage store and I knew you would look very nice in it. I also wanted you to wear white for the occasion, sorry about the whole the groom seeing the dress before the wedding thing though.” He smiled at her and handed her another bag. “The rest is in there ok, I am going to go get ready too. If not Elvis is going to get impatient.” He leaned down and kissed her. “See you in the altar.”

Amber watched Alex leave and then went into the ladies room, “what at wedding,” she said to herself as she began to change. The dress was a perfect fit; she smiled as she saw herself. This was not the wedding of her dreams per say but still it would be a memorable one. She was marrying her prince.

As she put on the shoes and the accessories Alex had bought her she looked at herself in the mirror. He knew how to dress woman that was sure, she wondered from she had gotten that.

Finally she put on her last accessory a white gardenia, it was real she could definitely smell it. She pinned to the sided of her hair and smiled. The nerves were getting to her, but she was happy.

Then she saw her mother’s face. What would she think of this all? Would this end all ties with her family? Her mother seemed to still want to talk to her but after this would she? She loved Alex that was for sure and the rest of the world would just have to deal with that.

******

She was met by one of the clerk in the chapel with a very nice bouquet of white roses and then there stood the King impersonator waiting for her his arm ready. “Ready sweet heart?”

She nodded nervously to him and took his arm and they began to walk down a very empty isle with Elvis song “Can’t help falling in love with you” began to play. She couldn’t help laughing as she heard the song, maybe it was true only fools rush in love but this felt right.

Alex was in awe a he saw his soon to be wife walk down the isle with the King by her side. She was beautiful his grandmother would be proud she was a keeper. She was young but very mature for her age and she seemed to do things to his hear that were unexplainable. He smiled at Amber as she finally made it to his side the King handing her hand to him.

She laughed at Alex’s very bad impersonation of Elvis when he tried to finish the last chorus of the song. She finally leaned in and spoke, “You look very handsome in a suit.”

He only smiled at her and then they listened to the King impersonator give his heart warming speech. It didn’t take long for him to ask them the question, they both said I do.

Alex smiled and took his bride face gently as he leaned in to kiss her. “I love you,” he whispered as he took her mouth.
Chapter 14 by summer03
Alex watched his bride sleep on the passenger’s seat, his wife. Amber was now his wife, he smiled as he saw the sign announcing California state only twenty five more miles ahead. He kept wondering if it now that he was married that he should tell his wife a minor detail in his life….

[Flashback]

“I what?” Alex said as he saw his grandparent’s lawyer.

“Like you heard Mr. McLean your grandparents have made you millionaire. You are now owner of there estate or should I say ranch in Texas. They do have an account under your name which now that you have turned twenty one can now use. They did want me to let you know that they do wish you use the money wisely as in college.”
“Ok you must have the wrong person here, I know my grandparents they never told me about this.” Alex said as he saw the amount in the bank. “What about my mother?”

“Your mother gets the house in here in Florida and a nice amount so she can live well. But you my son… your grandparents adored you and they are making sure you are well taken care of since they can’t be here to see you become a wonderful man. I was there when they dictated this will Alex, this was there last wish.”

“I don’t get it? How come they made me believe that we were always on a tight budget? I can’t accept this…” Alex said standing up and walking out of the lawyer’s office.

[End of Flashback]

He sighed heavily as he remembered that meeting with his grandparent’s attorney Paul Zavinski, friend of the family as well. He had vowed not to touch that money because he felt betrayed by them. He wanted to struggle in life and come out on his own like he was taught and it wasn’t till he saw the dress in that antique store in Vegas that he realized and finally understood his grandparent’s point of view.

He smiled when he saw Amber’s green eyes stare at him. “Well hello my wife nice to see your awake.” He caressed her cheek.

“How long was I out?” she asked as she stretched.

“Just a couple of hours,” he said giving her a grin. “Are you hungry?”

“Yeah a little, how much more till California?” she asked looking ahead.

“Twenty something miles. How about IHop?” he asked as he saw the exit sign and the restaurants available.

“Ok,” she said leaning in on him and giving him a kiss. “So when we get to California my husband will we finally have a honeymoon?”

He laughed at her comment, “Yes…” he said taking her hand in his.

*******

“Hey princess,” Alex said as they waited for there food. “I have something I wanted to give you but I don’t know if you want it.”

Amber eyed him curiously, “what is it?” she asked.

“Well I do carry these with me because well they belonged to my grandparent’s and I thought maybe you would like to wear my grandmother’s wedding band… if it fits I mean. I will wear my grandpa’s wedding band too…” he said as he slowly undid one of the chains around his neck and taking out the two very antique wedding bands. Smiling at her he took her hand and slowly slid the very simple diamond studded band on her left ring finger.

“It fits,” Amber said as she fought back tears. “Wow it’s beautiful,” she said as she admired the band. “Here I think it’s only fair if I put yours on too,” she told him as she took the other ring and slid onto his left ring finger.

“Perfect,” he said smiling as he saw his hand and hers intertwined. “Now its more official your Mrs. McLean.”

She just smiled at him and then kissed him. “You’re so adorable…”

********

Amber drove in silence as Alex slept. She had taken the wheel after eating… she was excited yet she still felt guilty for getting married without even calling her parents to tell them about it. She wasn’t having second thoughts but something was just not right. She had to let them know yet maybe she should wait a while before doing so.

She had many things to think about now though, for one she was now a married woman and she had been brought up the old fashion way so that meant many things in her world. Cooking, cleaning and all that list of chores yet in her marriage where would that fit? If all they were doing was driving around the US getting to know every place they could.

She did make a mental not to call them… her parents or at least her mother. She needed to see how they were doing and she knew her mother needed peace of mind about her whereabouts. She probably was in every prayer of everyday in her mothers mind. If only she could share with her the joy she felt at the moment.

******

It was early in the morning when they had switched seats. Alex smiled as he saw the view in front. “Wow it’s bright,” he told Amber as they both gawked at San Francisco’s view.

“Yeah,” Amber said as she looked on. “Its gorgeous but I thought you said your father was in LA.”

“Yeah but first Mrs. McLean we are having our honeymoon,” he said grinning at her.

Amber smiled she heard him, “really can we go the beach?” she asked excited.

“Yes but first we shall check into a hotel,” Alex said as he began to look around. “We also might need to buy suitable clothes for the beach, a nice bikini for you.” his smile widened as he said it.

Amber only blushed as his comment, “I’ve never worn one,” she said timidly.

“Well its about time,” Alex said giggling.

“But if we keep buying clothes like this we won’t make it far. I am sure by now you have very little left from the “loan” you got back home. I still have mine but we should economize.” She told him worriedly.

“I might have lied a little about the amount of my loan,” he said hoping she would believe him.

“What? So you have how much?” she asked a little surprised.

“Enough to get a nice hotel suite for our honeymoon and a bathing suit, Princess don’t’ worry ok. I will find a job soon,” he told her as he thought of how he was going to tell her he was actually pretty wealthy.
End Notes:
OK sorry to everyone that had written a comment or review I sort of deleted them... but please I do apologize and hope you will still review this chapter new chapter.
Chapter 15 by summer03
“I can’t believe we wasted so much…” Amber said as she dropped the shopping bags in the suite they had gotten. “Wow…” she said when she saw the suite. “What’s the difference between this and a honeymoon suite?”

Alex chuckled, “I don’t know,” he said as he put down his shopping bags.

“Alex we should have just gotten a motel like before,” Amber said worriedly. “I mean we can’t afford this luxury till we settle down and work of course.”

Alex cleared his throat, “Princess this our honeymoon don’t worry ok. I promise you we’ll be fine if I run out you still have your money plus what you won in Vegas.” He said trying to not give out more than needed. He was going to tell her he was just not yet… not in there honeymoon. He walked up to her and pulled her toward him. “Now my wife what do you want to do? Beach?” he asked arching his brow before taking her lips with his.

Amber moaned softly as she kissed him back, her tongue slowly coming out to meet his. When she felt Alex backing her up to the bed she broke the kiss and stroked his cheek. “Beach.”

Alex smiled gently, “You got it. Go change Princess.”

Amber nodded with a small smile and went to change into the bathing suit she had purchased that morning. As much as Alex wanted her to get a bikini, she insisted on a modest one piece suit. However she did let him talk her into getting one with color instead of the black one she was going to purchase. Alex had picked out a suit with varying shades of blue. Once she had the suit on, Amber wrapped a towel around her body and walked out to the main part of the room.

Alex looked up when the door opened. He smiled when he saw the towel. She was so shy; he had never met a woman like that before. “Ready Princess?”

“Yes,” she blushed as he watched her, “why are you staring at me?”

“Because you’re beautiful Princess.”

Her face turned redder as she slipped her sandals on.

Alex chuckled softly seeing her face, “We’re going to have to work on that my princess. I plan on telling my wife she is beautiful all the time.”

“Thanks.”

Together they walked to the elevator and boarded, taking it to the ground floor. Once it dinged opened, Alex lead Amber across the hotel lobby and out into the bright sunshine.

“I’m excited to be going to the beach.”

Alex smiled, “Me too. We’ll have fun.”

They left the hotel and walked the three blocks to the beach. Alex carried their bag of supplies in one hand and held Amber’s hand with the other. After finding a spot, they set out a blanket and sat down enjoying the sun for a few minutes. “Let me put some lotion on you Princess. I don’t want you to burn.”

“Okay.” Amber situated herself in front of Alex and let him rub suntan lotion over her back and arms. She moaned softly as his strong hands worked the lotion into her skin.

“You okay sweetie?” he asked and kissed her shoulder.

“Yes,” she turned her head and kissed him gently.

Alex smiled against her mouth, loving she wasn’t afraid to be affectionate in front of other people.

“Time for the water?” she asked after breaking the kiss.

“Yup.”

The pair stood and made their way to the water. Amber squealed when the cold water touched her feet.

“It’s cold!” she shouted jumping back.

“It’s not that bad,” Alex laughed, “Come on.”

“No,” she whined.

“Come on Princess. Its fine,” he coaxed and stepped backwards into the water.

Amber reached out when their fingers separated. She bit her lip bracing against the cold and stepped forward timidly. “Alex,” she whined.

He only smiled, “Come on Princess.”

She grabbed his hand and let him pull her into the water. She gasped as the cold water took over her lower body.

“Wrap your arms around me,” Alex instructed.

She did as he said and Alex held onto her tightly as he moved further into the water. “You doing okay?” he asked as they bobbed in the water.

“Yeah,” she smiled, “I’m okay now.”

“Good.” He let her slip from his embrace and pushed himself through the water. Amber smiled and went after him. The played in the water for awhile, splashing each other and chasing each other through the water. Once she grew tired, Amber wrapped herself around Alex. He held onto her as her head rested on his shoulder. “You ready to get out?”

“In a few minutes,” she answered.

Alex smiled and held onto her as they bobbed in the water.

After about five minutes Amber let go and they walked into shore and back to their blanket. Alex handed her a towel and Amber wrapped it around her body, shivering slightly.

He placed his hands on her shoulders rubbing gently to warm her up, “You okay?”

She nodded as her teeth chattered, “Yeah.”

Alex smiled and kissed her gently, “Let’s get back to the hotel and get you warmed up.”

“Okay.”

They gathered up their items and headed back to the hotel. “I think I’m going to take a hot shower. I’m really cold.”

“Okay Princess. Take your time.”

“Okay.” She gave him a smile before disappearing into the bathroom. Alex waited for the door to close before grabbing the phone and calling room service. After placing his order he went into the bedroom to get dried off and dressed.

When he was finished, Amber was still in the shower, so Alex went to work tiding up the suite. The knock on the door announced his order from room service had arrived. Opening the door, Alex greeted the waiter before taking the cart and tipping the young man.

“Thank you sir. Enjoy you evening.”

Alex pushed the cart further into the room and set the bowl of strawberries on the table in front of the couch, and filled two champagne flouts with sparkling cider.

“Alex?” Amber asked after enter the main part of the suite, “what are you doing?”

“Getting ready for you,” Alex smiled.

He picked up the red rose and stepped closer, "For my princess." Amber smiled as he gently ran the petals down her cheek and kissed her tenderly.

"Thank you," she accepted the flower with a blush.

Alex chuckled lightly, "do you have any idea how beautiful you are when you blush like that?"

"No."

"Very beautiful,” he took her hand and led her to the couch. "Cute PJ’s."

Amber looked down at the light pink shorts and white tank she was wearing and smiled lightly, "I know you were hoping for something sexier but..."

"This is sexy."

"But it's plain."

Alex shook his head and leaned closer and whispered, "This sweet, innocent look... Well I'm finding it very sexy on you." He took her lips and kissed her gently. Amber moaned softly, raised her hand and held his head, letting her fingers play with his short hair. He sat back after a few minutes and reached for the glasses.

“What’s this?”

“Cider.”

“Oh,” she smiled, “those strawberries look good.”

Alex reached out a picked up a plumb one and held it to her mouth. Amber bit into it gently causing juice to trickle down her chin. He wiped her chin with his thumb and kissed her red stained lips.

“Sweet.” Amber smiled and picked up a strawberry and fed it to him. They sat together talking about their plans, eating the strawberries and drinking the sparkling cider.

Alex took their empty glasses and placed them on the table before sitting back and taking Amber in his arms.

“Alex?”

“Yes?” he asked as he kissed her gently.

“Have you always been so romantic?”

“No. You bring it out in me.”

She smiled and kissed him again as he laid her back on the couch and covered her body with his. “Alex?”

“Yes princess?”

"I love you."

Alex lifted his head and gazed down at her, "I love you too princess."

He kissed her once more and stood from the couch. Amber followed him willingly to the bedroom. Alex walked her to the bed and laid her down. He stepped away long enough to light a few candles and turn lights down low. Amber smiled gently as he walked back to her. Alex bent his head and kissed her gently. She felt the butterflies in her stomach but soon instinct took over and she moved backward on the bed pulling him along with her. Alex stayed up and kneeled above her to remove her tank. A blush covered her face as she was exposed to him.

"You ok?"

She nodded and lifted her hips slightly telling him to keep going. Alex smiled gently and carefully slid her shorts and panties down. He gazed at her soft white skin laid out before him, "You are beautiful amber."

"Thank you Alex. Can I ..."

"Go ahead."

She sat up and pulled his t shirt over his head and ran her fingers over his skin before leaning up and kissing him.

"You're beautiful too." He grinned and took her mouth once. Amber moaned and laid back pulling him down.

"If at any time you want me to stop, tell me okay?"

Amber nodded, "I don't want you to stop. I want you to make love to me.”
End Notes:
Thanks to krystle for the help… please let me know what you think.
Chapter 16 by summer03
Alex smiled as he slid quietly from Amber’s embrace. It was already twelve and still they hadn't left there hotel room. He didn’t mind but he couldn’t hold his craving for nicotine any longer. He slipped into his boxers and shorts as he walked into the balcony lighting a cigarette. It was a nice sunny day in San Diego and as he smoked away he couldn’t help to think about what he had done since his choice to leave his mother.

“Married,” he whispered to himself as he looked at his grandfather’s wedding band now on his left ring finger. He wasn’t regretting it he wasn’t he was happy. But now that it had been done and he could think it through more seriously he realized that he really didn’t know much about Amber. She didn’t know things about him either and now here they were on there honeymoon. He sighed heavily as he realized he had to tell her the rest of his story.

“Hey well someone finally decided to see the sun,” Alex said as he felt her wrap her arms around him resting her head on his shoulder blade.

“Mhmm,” she said. “What time is it?”

He chuckled as he looked at his watch, “Twelve thirty...” he answered he turned around to face her wrapping his hands around her waist. He kissed her softly and then cleared his throat, “We should shower maybe and then go get something to eat I need food!” he raise his eyebrows to emphasize his statement.

She giggled and nodded in agreement that’s when she yelped as Alex took her in his hands and carried her into the bathroom. “Shower it is…” he said as he began to kiss her neck.

********

They sat out in the deck of a deli enjoying the meal. Amber couldn’t keep her hands away from his though and they looked cute sitting as close as possible. “After this where do you want to go?” Alex finally asked his wife.

She gave him a big grin and began to blush. “I think me blushing has given it away!” she said burying her face on his shoulder.

Alex chuckled and caressed her cheek, “I like the idea very much but… I was thinking we could do an out door activity first. You some sight seeing and then later well,” he gave her a grin.

“Ok I have to go to the ladies room,” she said as she turned shades of red with her husband’s insinuation. “I’ll be right back,” she told him as slipped away and into the restaurant in search of the restroom.

Alex sighed as he debated on how to start the conversation about his inheritance and would she believe him? Would she believe that after finally using his account he sent a check with a much bigger sum that hick gasoline station in Texas to cover what he had “stolen” would this break what they had. That’s what he feared the most but he knew he had to tell her soon.

“Excuse me?”

He looked up from his plate to see a gorgeous blond bombshell standing in front of him with not a very conservative outfit. He cleared his throat and reminded himself he was married and truth be told Amber had a really nice body. “Yes,” he finally asked trying to not look too much at her.

“I sorry if you think of me rude but…” she took a seat in front of him smiling at him. “I suppose to meet my blind date here and I happen to notice your all alone.” She had apparently not seen the other plate right by his. “So I assumed you were my date.” She winked at him.

Alex cleared his throat, “I’m sorry to disappoint you miss but…” he was shut up by her hand.

“It’s Janice,” she extended her hand to him. “I like your tattoo’s there a big turn on for me.”

Alex knew he was blushing this girl was literally hitting on him and if he hadn't met Amber he would have definitely hit it… he cleared his throat again, “Oh well Janice like I was saying… I am actually here with my wife.” He flashed his hand at her with the wedding band. “I think you’ll have keep searching for your date.”

“Oh,” Janice said a smile still playing on her face. “To bad you really are a handsome man lucky girl.” She stood up and with out surprised kissed his cheek. “If you get bored with the wife,” she took out a card from her clutch and deliberately put in on his lap call me.

Amber had seen this girl all over her husband but what made her boil was her touching and he seemed to not care. She was fuming as she made to the table she glared at Alex and at the woman. “I think I need to go.” She grabbed her purse and stormed out. She could hear Alex screaming after her.

“Amber babe wait up,” Alex said as he put some cash on the table and walked out after his wife. “I need to explain this situation to you.”

“No just leave me alone,” Amber said as tears began to flow down her cheeks. She finally had made it to the beach and she felt Alex’s grip on her arm. “Just leave me alone Alex!” she yelled turning to look at him with anger.

“No,” He told her making her look at him. “This,” he said as he flashed the card Janice had given him, “I am not interested in,” he said as he tore it and let the breeze take the miniscule pieces. “I love you.” He looked at her intently and then without another word crashed his lips on hers.

Amber was to much in love with him to decline the wonderful kiss and willingly kissed him back. “Then why?” she asked as he left her mouth to kiss her jaw line.

“She,” he said in between kisses. “Came – up - to – me…” he stopped kissing her and sighed. She supposedly was looking for her blind date and thought I was it. I cleared it up as fast as I could but I guess it only attracted her more to learn that was married… Happily married to be exact.” He caressed her cheek, “I do like to see you jealous though.”

Amber gave him a punch on his arm, “I was not jealousy… I was mad at her for … for insinuating herself on you.” she told him.

“Uh, Jealousy babe.” He said as he kissed her one more time. “I love it though.”

“Ok maybe I was a little jealous but who wouldn’t be when they have a husband like you.” she told him leaning against his chest as she wrapped her arms around him. “I did overreact didn’t I?” she asked as she giggled at her own tantrum.

“Yeah just a little… but it made you look very sexy.” He whispered into her ear. “You know what?”

“Hmm,” she asked as she kissed him softly on his neck.

“Well maybe your right,” he said as he felt shivers run down his spine as she kissed him. “Let’s go back to our room,” he said as he began to pull her toward the hotel.

Amber couldn’t help but laugh, “Ok,” she said as they walked back.

*******

Amber awoke before Alex this time and as she laid in his arms she couldn’t help but wonder. What if she wasn’t what Alex was looking for? What if she was to plain and well boring for him? Maybe she should try to be more like the other girls, maybe wear more daring yet classy attire.

The truth was her father wasn’t even seeing her and she shouldn’t care either way she was starting a new life. She smiled as began to plan her escape to the shopping center close by to find her new wardrobe… she would find a way to without giving Alex a hind of her plan.

She began to laugh as she felt Alex beard rub her neck sending shivers and tickles down her spine, “Well good morning my husband,” she managed to say.

“Yeah a very good morning indeed,” he said finally stopping. “So do we have plans of see anything else today besides our hotel room and the lobby?”
End Notes:
ok... well there is the next chapter... hope you enjoy and please review... :)
Chapter 17 by summer03
“I’m back,” Alex said as he walked into the suite he shared with is wife. “The car is in the best condition…” he said but realized that Amber was no where to be found. “Princess?”

He sighed and threw himself on the bed taking in the loneliness. He wondered where she could be but opted to wait for her in the suite. He decided it was time to call his mother and give her the news. He couldn’t give her the silent treatment forever, that was his mother and for the most part she had been the best mother and father figure in his life aside from his grandparents.

He closed his eyes as he dialed the familiar number hearing it ring and he was about to give up when he heard her voice. “Mom,” he said a smile spreading on his face.

“Alex sweetheart where in gods name are you? I don’t understand why you left… your letter just told me you wanted to be free. Free from what?” Denise asked in one breath.

“Its nice to hear your voice mom,” Alex said first trying to find a good way to answer his mother’s question. He sighed heavily and began, “Mom I couldn’t come between you and your husband. I felt like the third wheel, I decided to go on my own and I can let you know that I am the happiest man on earth at this moment. I met the girl of my dreams mom and she is a good girl one I would be honored to take to you so you could meet her. I am in love mom and…” he paused biting his lip. “Married…” he whispered hoping his mother would not catch that.

“You what? You’re married? How long have you known this girl Alex? Does she know about your inheritance? Is that why she made sure to wrap you around her filthy finger?” Denise asked anger apparent in her voice.

“Jeez mom how supportive of you… did I do the same you when you came to me about your marriage with…” he stopped talking not wanting to tell her mother what he thought of her poor choice of marriage.

“I am old enough and I knew what I was getting into Alex! You’re too young to understand anything,” Denise said frustrated.

“Mom deal with it whether you like or not I am married and for your information Amber does not even know about my inheritance!” he hung up the phone angrily regretting his attempt to make a descent conversation with his mother.

He grabbed his card key and stormed to the door and almost bumped into Amber. “Jesus! Princess you almost made me shit in my pants!” he said smiling at her and for that moment he forgot about his mother and the whole conversation with her. He widened his eyes as he saw her carrying shopping bags… “What’s all this?” he asked her helping with the bags.

“A surprise,” she told him dropping down her bags and jumping on him. She crashed her lips on his laughing at his surprised face.

Alex laughed into the kiss as he dropped the bags he had and wrapped his hands around her. “Hi there,” he said finally breaking the kiss. “So I see what you did…” he said looking at the different bags on the floor.

Amber laughed and then kissed him again, “I missed you…” she told him clinging to him.

“Me too,” he told her carrying her toward the large bed. He dropped her on the bed kissing her passionately; he realized then that his love for her was true. He actually could feel this sort of happiness now that he could see her and feel her that he felt was missing when he was apart from her.

She smiled at him before she reached for the hem of his shirt and pulled it off. “I love you…” she whispered as felt his kisses on her neck.

********

“To the best honeymoon ever,” Alex said as he raised his glass. He smiled as he saw the nice tan his wife had gotten.

“Yes to our honeymoon,” she told him raising her glass. “After this we need to go to the beach… I know we only have till tomorrow to enjoy this.”

“So are you ever going to tell me what you bought? I been dying to see what it is since you didn’t let me see any of them.” Alex said as he put his glass down.

Amber became flustered instead of giving him a sexy look, “I have a little modeling to do for you…” she said looking away still unable to be as open as she wished she could be.

“Modeling? So you brought clothes?” he asked making her turn to look at him. “Lets see…” he grinned at her taking her glass.

“Ok? But please remember I am not good at being sexy so you will have deal with me being flustered and clumsy.” She told him standing up and walking away.

“Princess you’re very sexy…” Alex yelled grinning at her. He was curious to see what she had bought. He knew it was probably something she would normally not wear. He reached for a cigarette and lit it as he waited for his wife.

Amber walked out shyly as she looked at her low cut jeans and a very girly revealing shirt. She had taken advice from the clerk at the boutique and had bought a few outfits to wear and then the nice two piece bathing suit. She had also bought a nice night gown and some sexy underwear that she still felt a little uncomfortable in. “So what do you think?” she asked as she walked toward him twirling.

Alex exhaled the smoked and ogled at his wife; “wow princess you look gorgeous.” he stood up and pulled her toward him, “Really sexy and classy.” He kissed her neck and began to play with the straps of her shirt.

“Ah…ah,” She told him pushing him away. “Not yet I still have a few more things to model.” She told him pulling away from his embrace.

Alex smiled and cleared his throat, “Princess I don’t think I will get to see you in all your outfits if they are like this one.” He commented as she disappeared again. “I’m coming after you…”

*********

“Everything is set sir, is there anything else you need for me to put in your car?”

Alex shook his head, “No thanks but I will make sure to tip you well.”

“Thank you sir…” said the very happy bell hop

“Matter of fact put it on my tab… two hundred dollars. After this wonderful honeymoon I can’t help but spread my happiness.” Alex said smiling from ear to ear.

“How generous of you sir…”

He looked around and signed his tab. “Could you please tell my wife I am waiting for her in the car.”

“I will,” said the bell hop.

Amber walked down to the lobby and could not see Alex, “where he go?” she asked still adjusting to her new wardrobe.

“Mrs. McLean you husband is waiting for you in front with the car.”

“Oh thank you so much,” she smiled at the friendly bell hop.

“Well when I get tipped so well ma’am I make sure to make my customer happy.”

“My husband already tipped you?” Amber asked making counts in her head. She had been planning on telling Alex to settle a few months till they were economically stable again…. She was sure by now his was running low on money and then she had wasted money on clothes even if she did shop carefully.

“Yes two hundred dollars and I am very grateful ma’am. He mentioned that he is the happiest man on earth at the moment because of you. So he is spreading his wealth and happiness.”

Amber laughed nervously, “I’m sure he is,” she walked out and saw her husband leaning on the car waiting for her.

“Ready?” he asked reaching for her. He leaned in to give her a kiss and was startled by her mood change. He was surprised by her behavior and how she had just climbed into the car. He shrugged it off and climbed into the drivers side. “Is something wrong princess?”

“You tipped the bell hop two hundred dollars? I mean Alex I would understand fifty dollars but two hundred? Remember we are not rich?” she said not being able to hold her anger much longer.

“He wasn’t supposed to tell you that…” Alex said realizing that it was time to tell his wife about his inheritance.
End Notes:
I know its been a little since the last update but here it is let me know what you think... Alex has some explaining to do...
Chapter 18 by summer03
“Princess,” Alex said parking the car on the beach parking lot. “I need to talk to you.”

Amber was looking straight into the beach not wanting to see him. She did not want to be mad at him but it was like he didn’t understand how important money was at the moment. “I just need a few minutes to cool,” she told him not looking toward him.

“No you don’t you need to know something and I think it’s about time I tell you.” Alex said taking her hand in his kissing it. “There is this part of me I didn’t tell because well in the beginning I didn’t think we would end up married.” He said hoping she would finally look at him. He sighed heavily when he saw she was still not turning to look at him, “when my grandparents died they left this will… where I inherited there money and some of there properties.” He waited for that to soak into her head and waited patiently.

Amber digested what Alex had said and finally she turned to look at him, “Ok, so what are you saying?” she asked him trying to not make assumptions yet.

“I didn’t want to accept the inheritance because I never even really knew about it. My grandparents to me were the most humble two people I ever met and then they die. The next thing I know is I am at this lawyers office getting this will read and how I have inherited all this money. I felt betrayed and I swore not to use that money or even live in that ranch… that’s why I had left my old life and I thought maybe finding my father would give me a different life one to forget my other one a happy one that was a sad one till I met you. Then my vision changed and it was like I understood what my grandparents meant. So that was when I changed my mind about not touching the money…” Alex finished not knowing what to expect from Amber.

Amber sighed heavily and leaned toward him, “I’m not mad I was just bewildered about how you were giving such large tips when I thought we only had a limited budget. Not that this means we are going to go crazy either. Alex I can understand why you felt like you did… I’m sorry for acting like I did and I honestly was just being cautious this is your money though and don’t expect me to just take advantage of that… I do want to settle and work. You know have the things a real family has… I am in love with you.” She gave him a smile and leaned in to kiss him.

He gladly kissed her back and was thankful she had understood he still had more to say but at least now she knew. “I love you too and I want to do the same,” he kissed her again. “I will share everything you Princess and I hope you do too.”

Amber smiled at him and spoke, “We have a lot of time to talk but now let’s get going… we have a lot of searching to do.”

********

Alex looked at very old crumpled paper he had kept away from his mother in his wallet for a long time. He read the address and as he saw the house in front of he could not believe it. His father lived well and yet never once remembered about him.

“We can wait till tomorrow,” Amber told him taking his hand and squeezed it.

“Yeah… it’s late I don’t want to interrupt anything.” He told her after all they had just arrived to LA. He was tired and he knew Amber was too. “Let’s go look for a hotel.”

After checking in and getting settled for the night, Amber could tell Alex was nervous. “Do you want to talk about it?” she asked him sitting beside him leaning on his shoulder. “I am a good listener…” she told him as she kissed his shoulder.

“I just don’t know what I am going to tell him. What if he doesn’t even want to recognize that or acknowledge that I am his son? I don’t understand why I even want to do this he never really cared for me.” Alex said as he caressed her cheek.

“He’s your father Alex and you at least deserve an explanation.” She told him cuddling closer to him smiling when he adjusted himself so they were cuddling and sharing kisses. “I am here and I love you so no matter what happens you have me…”

“I know,” he cleared his throat and kissed her fully and with that he pushed aside his thoughts about his father and concentrated on his beautiful wife. “Let’s get to bed…” he managed to say as he carried her to the bed.

Amber giggled as he kissed her neck; she loved how his beard tickled her in a very sensual way. “Ok,” she told him as she wrapped her arms around him. She knew though that he was not completely sure and was most likely still worrying about meeting his father tomorrow.

*******

“You look fine,” Amber whispered to him as they followed the maid inside the very nice house.

“You say your name is Alexander McLean?” the made asked again with a very curious look.

“Yes ma’am you can mention to him that I am the son of Denise Sol- I mean Fernandez. He will know who she is.” Alex told the made as they saw her disappear around the corner. “He lives really well.” He commented to his wife that was staying really close to him.

“Yeah he does,” Amber said looking around the huge living room with brand name furniture. She gripped his hand tightly when she heard the footsteps on the marble floor getting near.

Alex gave his wife a worried smile right before the maid came back, “He is a very busy man and is due to a meeting soon but after mentioning your mother he has accepted to see you for ten minutes,” the maid said as she signaled for him to follow. “No you can wait here,” she told Amber who looked shocked by her comment.

“She’s my wife,” Alex said also startled by the request.

“She will be fine… I will bring her a refreshment.” The maid said annoyed and again signaled for him to follow her.

“I’ll be fine go and remember I love you.” Amber told him as he nervously looked at the maid. She continued to hear the footsteps retreat to wherever they were headed after not hearing them again she sighed heavily and took a seat uncomfortably trying not to ruin the expensive furniture.

“Well hello,” said the young man that came into the living with in tennis attire. “I’m Robert McLean are you here to see some one?”

Amber had been a little startled at first but then cleared her throat, “Actually I have been helped already. I am just waiting on my husband.”

“Husband? You married? Really?” Robert said a smirk clear on his face. “I’m sorry how rude of me,” he extended his hand.

Amber did not like him already but she was brought up right so smiled and took his hand. “I’m Amber,” she didn’t want to give her last name yet she didn’t even know who he was, but it sounded like he was related to Alex.

“So your husband is speaking with my father I assume?” Robert said now very interested in the young lady sitting in his living room.

“Yes that’s right,” Amber said hoping he would soon leave and not bother her again.

“Do you know if it is a business matter? Or a loan maybe?” Robert asked eyeing her.

“No…I really don’t think I am the one to share that information sir.” Amber said feeling very uncomfortable as he stared at her.

“Hmmm very interesting,” Robert said and then excused himself as he saw the maid come in with refreshments. “I hope to see you again Amber.”
End Notes:
ok here is the next chapter... hope you all like and let me warn you drama is coming...hehe. Please let know what you think. :)
Chapter 19 by summer03
“What’s wrong princess?” Alex asked Amber as he helped her with her suitcase.

Amber sighed and looked at her husband’s happy face and then to the house she would be staying at till god knew when. But if Alex was happy that’s all that matter, “I’m a little nervous.” She told him as she eyed his new family consisted of Bob McLean his father, Robert McLean his half brother, Claire McLean his half sister and his stepmother Terri McLean.

“Don’t be they are going to love you. I mean my dad is anxious to meet you.” He gave her a sincere smile and kissed her forehead as they walked up to his father house. “Hey we’re here.” He told his father who walked up to him hugging him.

“Thanks for accepting our invitation son; I’m glad you came to find me.” He said as he finally let go of him and turned his gaze at his so called wife. He smiled at her and he could not deny she was pretty, “you must be Amber,” he told her embracing her.

Amber was caught by surprise as she felt her father in law’s embrace? She couldn’t really accept that because if she remembered clearly he had never been there for Alex. Something was not right she just couldn’t figure it out yet. “Yes,” she said as she awkwardly hugged him back.

“Honey lets get them in and settled,” Terri said with a smile as she went in to embrace Alex and then Amber. “Julie please help with there stuff.” She told the maid.

Amber smiled at Alex when she felt his hand take hers squeezing it to reassure he everything would be fine. “You’ll be fine… I love you.” she heard him whisper in her ear as they walked into the house that just yesterday they had been in.

*********

She moaned as Alex pulled away. “Just one more,” she told him as she took his face and kissed him again.

“Princess we don’t want to be late for our first dinner now do we?” Alex said smiling into the kiss. “How do I look? Presentable?”

Amber pouted and then stared at him a small smile playing on her face, “You look very handsome in a tie.”

“Thank you, nothing compared to you.” he said checking her out. “The dress looks gorgeous on you.” he said kissing one more time before taking her hand in his and walking out of the guest room they now occupied.

“We’re not late are we?” Alex asked as they made it to the dinner table. But stopped when he realized that his family was not the only one there.

“Son please do join us, I want you to meet to meet a colleague of mine John Meyer and his daughter Simone Meyer.” He said as he introduced him. “John this is my son from my first marriage Alexander McLean.”

Amber watched in silence as her father in law completely ignored her and only introduced Alex to his friends. But she did not want to ruin this night for Alex so she silently slipped away in search of the restroom where she could calm the anger and disappointment she felt at that moment.

“Well hello sister in law,” Robert said as he followed her down the hall.

“Robert,” Amber smiled politely hoping he would leave her alone.

“You look gorgeous,” Robert said as he kissed her cheek. “I hope my behavior yesterday didn’t put a strain between us. I honestly did not know who you were married to. But I do have to say that if I were married to you I would not let you out of my sight at all.”

“No hard feelings Robert now if you’ll excuse me,” she said leaving him there as she saw the restroom door. She sighed heavily as she closed it… what had she gotten herself into? She could clearly feel all the phony roles his family was portraying to her Alex. How could Alex not see it? The knock on the door startled her.

“Ma’am we are just waiting on you to serve dinner,” the maid said as she left again leaving her alone.

She took a deep breath and consoled herself with the fact that soon they would leave and continue there plans to travel.

*******

Amber finished combing her hair into a ponytail when she saw Alex walk in smiling at her. “I had a wonderful time didn’t you?” he asked as he wrapped his arms around her.

“It was a nice dinner,” she said not wanting to ruin anything for him she would endure what she had to till there last day in that retched house.

“Mr. Meyer was impressed to know about me knowing Mechanics. He’s such a nice guy and his daughter was also very nice. I already told you they invited to dine with them the day after tomorrow?”

“Yeah you did,” Amber said a little annoyed as she remembered just how nice that Simone had been. She had been very touchy feely with her husband even if Alex always found a way to make her understand he was married.

“I feel so happy princess my father loves me and according to him my mother was the one to tell him to leave.” Alex said a little hurt.
“I think you should really find out who is saying the truth Alex. You’re mother loves you and I don’t think she would do such a thing as keep you from seeing your father.” Amber told him a she leaned into him hugging him.

“You’re right princess but I can sort of see it. My mother has been a little ambitious with other things maybe I was what she used to get my father back for moving on. I know I shouldn’t think it that way but now your right I have a lot to investigate.”

“Alex just promise me you’ll speak to your mother before making any conclusions.” Amber told him as she kissed his neck.

“Amber can I ask you something?” Alex asked as he kissed her back.

“Yes of course.”

“I get this feeling that you’re not being completely honest with me. Is something bothering you?” he asked as he caressed her cheek.

Amber laughed nervously and shook her head. “I’m just really nervous and I don’t want your father to think of me less. Besides seeing all this makes me wonder about my father and mother.”

“Princess my father loves you I can see it already. I also promise we will go see your parents too and they will accept you as you are. They just need time that’s all.” he hugged her and carried her to the bed. “If not princess you got me and I am going always be here for you.” he kissed her tenderly smiling as he saw tears come down her face.

“I love you too.” She told him not sure about anything with all the she saw unfolding in this house. She only prayed that soon they both would be out of there and back to what they had started in Vegas.
Chapter 20 by summer03
She had lied to Alex about feel sick so she didn’t have be down in the patio watching how everyone acted around him… so fake. Amber was looking out the window and was admiring her husband from far he was only were swimming trunks. She smiled remembering the new bathing suit she had gotten that she had yet to show him.

She sighed heavily but soon she was angry as she saw who had just joined the happy family none other than that Simone Meyer approaching in a two piece that barely hid her assets. She lingered more on Alex and she couldn’t stand it anymore two could play that game.

Without anymore debate she went through her stuff finding the two piece red suit. She had hoped to use in a more personal ambient but she was not going to let that girl do that to her husband! She didn’t how much more she could take of this without telling Alex what she really thought about his family.

Ten minutes late she was set she wrapped a towel around her body and picked her hair up in a messy bun. She walked down the big house her flip flops making noise, she smiled when she made it outside where Simone gladly sat beside her husband laughing to god knows what.

“Feeling better?” asked Robert the first to notice her presence.

She smiled at him and nodded, “Yeah and I think the day is beautiful for a swim.” She said as she finally got noticed by everyone else.

“Princess you came out after all,” Alex said leaving his spot walking up to her. “Your wearing a bathing suit…” he whispered into her ear as he wrapped an arm around her. “Let’s take a seat.”

“I actually want to take a swim, you want to join me?” She asked him as she eyed the pool.

“Sure why not lets be the first to go in,” Alex said putting his drink down. “Anyone else up for a swim?” he asked not noticing that Amber had removed the towel and was now showing of her new bathing suit.

“Why not?” Simone said as she too stood up.

Amber didn’t want to show that she was jealous so she walked away and walked to the diving board inside dying feeling naked in the suit but she had to go through with it now.

Alex mouth dropped when he saw his wife’s two piece, feeling his mouth go dry. He watched as she took a dive into the pool, he didn’t wait much longer and he jumped in too.

Amber came back up taking a deep breath wiping her eyes as she began to swim. She yelped when she felt someone pull her.

“It’s ok it’s me,” Alex said smiling at her. “Where have you been hiding this?” He asked as he touched the material of the suit.

She only smiled and was about to respond when a splash interrupted then another. She saw Simone resurface and swim toward them. “Nice dive Amber,” She said putting on her best smile.

“Yeah sis,” Robert said as he also resurfaced. He grinned at her and he couldn’t stop staring at her she was very attractive.

**********

“What do you want Robert,” Simone said as she walked into the game room where Robert had asked her to meet him.

“I want to make you an offer,” he said as he closed the door.

“I don’t make deals with cheaters,” Simone said eyeing him curiously.

“Oh come on don’t act like you don’t call me still for an occasional one night adventure,” Robert said as he wrapped his arms around her waist. “I think you will like it… we both will win.”

“I’m listening…” She said allowing him to kiss her neck.

“Well its very obvious you’re now after my long lost half brother. I personally don’t know what you see in him… any who, I say you help me by seducing him and I’ll play the shoulder where Amber cries on.”

“I knew you had something for that poor thing…” Simone said smiling a little. “I may be into that… but what you think she will fall for you just because you are there for her in time of deception and need?”

“Something like that… just do your part and I will worry about my part.” Robert said before he took her lips pushing her on the pool table.

*******

Amber was satisfied with the look she got from Alex. She only wanted his attention and it seemed to work a little even if Simone kept finding a way to get his attention.

Now here she was in the shower trying to take all the chlorine off her. She got startled when she felt someone behind her.

“I want to say that I am very proud of you… you wore your first two piece and princess you were…wow.” Alex said as he kissed her neck. “It’s ok to join you right?” he asked as he continued to kiss her.

She only nodded, “I’m glad you liked it… I bought so you could see me in it.” She told him as she turned around to see him. “You look very good tanned,” she told as she kissed him.

“I need you,” Alex whispered as he kissed his way down her neck. “I’ve been like this since out in the pool.” He said to her as he pushed her to the tiled wall.

She giggled as she allowed him to do what he wanted, “I love you…” she told him as she wrapped her arms around his neck.

******

“you ok?” Alex asked Amber as they laid cuddled into there bed.

“Yeah… just thinking.” Amber said as she began to trace the tattoos on his arm. “How much longer are we going to be staying her?” she bit her lip knowing she couldn’t take the question back.

Alex sighed and then he spoke, “I don’t know… I want to spend a little more time with my dad. I am catching up on all I missed when we were apart. Why? Do you want to leave already?” he asked in concern as he made her look at him.

She bit her tongue to not say what she really wanted to and spoke, “No I am ok as long as I am with you I don’t care where,” she smiled at him and kissed his neck. “I love you.”

“I love you too princess… you have my heart always remember that.” he said as he kissed her forehead. “Now lets sleep tomorrow is another day.”

“yeah,” Amber said devastated by the answer she had gotten. The only hope she hung to was that he a least hadn’t insinuated a permanent stay. “Good night,” she told him cuddling into him to not cry.

********
End Notes:
Yay finally an update...hope you like it! Enjoy and review.
Chapter 21 by summer03
It was getting unbearable for Amber to pretend she was fine being there and now here she was a few weeks later listening to Alex talk about staying...

“What happened to our deal?” Amber asked as Alex looked at her confused.

“Princess… we will do it eventually I just feel like I am in a good place right now. My father is helping me invest my money and the other day we went house hunting. I found this beautiful house that I know you will like… it’s a condo but its right by the beach.” Alex said as he got close to Amber who was crossed armed with a very disturbed look on her face.

“No don’t,” she told him as she walked away. Tears began to fall down her face and she plopped on the bed not being able to hide how she felt. “I hate this… everything about all of this Alex...” she said after she felt Alex sit beside her his arms wrapping around her.

Alex sighed heavily and then kissed her cheek, “Princess… tell me more than just that.”

“it’s I don’t know why you can’t see how hypocrite you family is. They hate me… I know that you stepmother brings that Simone around to try and get you to see her instead of me. Your father he doesn’t look at you like father looks at his son… Alex he looks at you as a big bag of money.” Amber said facing Alex, please you have to tell me that you see that.

Alex sighed heavily and spoke again… “My father loves me Amber and he is trying to look out for me to make for the lost time… as for Simone, she has nothing that can interest me to look at her like that. I love you…maybe we just rushed things.”

Amber eyes widened and she stood up, “Are you regretting our marriage? Because if I remember clearly you are the one to ask me to marry you!” Amber began to wipe her tears and without another word she grabbed the keys to her CAR and walked out of the room.

She couldn’t believe what Alex had said, she wasn’t even looking as she walked down the stairs… she was startled as she bumped into Robert. “Sorry,” she said wiping her face.

“Are you ok Amber?” he asked asking in concern.

“I’m fine,” Amber said pulling away from his gentle grip. She walked or more like flew the few steps left to the first floor and walked out the door not caring what Robert or anyone in that matter thought.

“AMBER,” Alex said as he walked out of the room… he had screwed up and bad by saying the last part. It hadn't meant to come out like it did…

“She just walked out? Is she ok?” Robert asked with a concerned face yet inside he knew this was the best thing and fight between them was perfect.

“It’s nothing really,” Alex said leaving his brother talking as he went after her. As he walked out he was able to Amber already in the car and backing out. “Amber,” Alex said trying to open the passenger but it was locked. “Open the door princess please we need to talk.”

Amber only gave him a wry smile and back out all the way. Not caring that Alex kept banging on the window and then she was out she could see Alex with the rearview mirror waving at her but she was to angry and hurt to care.

*******

“Lonely?”

Amber gave the stranger a smile, “Nah just thinking.” She told him as she took another drink of her Shirley temple.

“It looks like more than thinking.” He said stretching his hand to her. “I’m Brian.”

Amber took his hand and shook it. She knew when to distinguish when this approach was suspicious but his blue eyes and very country accent told her he was ok to talk too. “Amber…well this is one of the hardest decisions I will ever have to make.” She told him giving him a nervous smile.

“Sometimes it helps when you get a second opinion…” he said taking a seat beside her. She had been at the park sitting in the bench for over an hour only getting up to walk to get a refreshment.

“It’s complicate,” Amber said looking at him.

“I can manage to keep up,” He said as he gave her a smile.

Amber looked at him and then she sighed, “Maybe you can tell me what you men think seriously I think you are fickle.”

“Ah, it’s a man problem…” Brian said with a chuckle. “Us fickle? I think women are fickle too…I need to hear more to be able to help you though.”

“Fine but to say I didn’t warn you about the complexity of it all,” Amber said as she slurped the last of her drink.

*******

Amber rolled down her window as she saw Brian’s smiling face. “Good luck,” he said.

“Thanks…for everything. I am so sorry I had to make you direct me back to this house. I honestly haven’t been out alone since I got here so I am not familiar with LA. I am glad there is still good people like you our here.” She told him with a smile.

“Hey you know where to find me if you need me or my advice again. Good luck with the husband.” He gave her one more reassuring smile and walked back to his car she watched him head back the direction they had come through.

She sighed and was about to push the code so the black gate could open when they opened on there own and there stood Alex with his arms crossed. She debated on going in but she had to talk him she did. Either way she had made a decision and if the talk didn’t go well she already had a plan B.

She drove past him and parked she could see him approach the car through the side mirror. She didn’t even get a chance open the door because Alex had opened it and was kissing her. She kissed him back but not as she wanted too and quickly she pulled away.

“Princess I’ve been worried sick about you and we need to talk.” Alex said kissing her again. “I’m sorry for what I said, it didn’t come out like I wanted it to.”

Amber wiped the tears that started to come out and sighed. “I love you Alex but we do need to talk….” She told him as she scooted to the passengers seats.

Alex sighed as he took the driver’s seat, “who was that? The guy with you…” he asked subtly as he took the keys off the ignition.

*******
End Notes:
Yay an update...I hope you like and let me know what you think??
Chapter 22 by summer03
Author's Notes:
Ok so here another chapter...see I didn't wait to long this time... I really would love to see some feedback, I know I had lacked on updating but now I will be updating more often and I know hearing your opinion will help. :)
“Amber,” Alex said as he lay on the floor. She didn’t even want him on the bed with her.

“Yeah?” Amber asked as she sighed the talk had not convinced her… but she was going to try and see the positive. She had agreed to go see that condo, see how she felt about it.

“I love you princess…” Alex said a smile playing on his lips as he saw Amber looking down at him from the bed.

Amber reached down and caressed his face, “I love you too…” she told him as her hand took his hand and pulled him. “Isn’t the floor a little too hard?” she asked him as he stood up getting her insinuation.

“Just a little,” Alex said as he climbed on the bed straddling Amber. “I definitely like this position better. He leaned in and kissed her softly his tongue caressing her lips till she allowed it into her mouth.

Amber let her feelings leave her mind as she felt Alex’s soft wet kisses down her neck. “I am supposed to be mad at you right now,” she said breathlessly as her hand found his neck.

“No,” Alex said as his hands traveled down her body. “I promise your going to love that condo you will not want to leave.” Alex said sighed as he laid beside her just taking her and kissing it.

“I will try,” she said as she bit her lip. She cuddled closer to him and smiled when his arm wrapped around her.

“I love you…” he said as he sighed and closed his eyes. He had promised her that he would try to pay more attention to his father’s real intentions and well try to stay away from Simone… That’s why he was already looking for a place of there own. He didn’t want to believe her though could his father really be using him? He has his own money though…

********

Amber awoke with the worst feeling ever and she knew that if she didn’t run to the bathroom she was going to throw up all over the bed. She stumbled as she ran to the restroom barely making it to the toilet.

She groaned as she spilled out everything from the night before. She jumped a little when she felt Alex’s hands take a hold of her hair. “Princess what’s wrong?” He asked a half groggily.

Amber just shook her head before ducking again, “Go away,” she managed to say before she had to throw up again.

“I am not leaving here like this,” Alex said as he leaned to the sink and grabbing her clip he put her hair up. After making sure it wouldn’t come down he grabbed a rag and wet it with cold water. He then handed to amber who gladly took as she flushed the toilet.

“Ugh,” She groaned as she wiped her face and went to the sink. She gave Alex a weak attempt of a smile before she began to brush her teeth but Alex did not move he stood there with a concern look. “There,” she said as she wiped her face.

“Are you ok?” Alex asked stopping her from moving from here she was.

“Yeah…. I just think those hot dogs I ate yesterday did something to my stomach that’s all.” She leaned in and wrapped her arms around him kissing his bare shoulder, “I’ll be fine… I’ll just get some Pepto.”

“We can go see a doctor if you want.” Alex said as he held onto her.

“No I’m fine I promise…” she kissed his temple and walked back to the bedroom. She smiled when she heard Alex turn on the faucet. She would be fine it was just a little upset stomach.

********

“Isn’t it nice,” Alex asked Amber who only stared out the kitchen window to the beach. It was gorgeous and she knew why he had chosen this specific condo… he was trying to lure her into staying and she knew here she would be away from his wretched family.

“Yeah,” She said turning to smile at him. “It’s a piece of paradise,” she said kissing him on the mouth.

“So do we take it?” Alex asked arching his brow.

“I’ll think about it… give me a tonight at least.” Amber said.

“Ok… now lets go to lunch.” Alex said taking her hand.

*******

“Amber what are you going to have?” Alex asked as he looked through the menu.

“I don’t know there is so much to choose from.” Amber said biting her lip. “But I should keep light since I am not to well right now.”

“Yeah you might want to do that.” Alex said taking her hand and kissing it. “Are you still mad at me?” he asked her.

“No…” Amber said rolling her eyes.

Alex grinned and leaned in to whisper, “So does that mean tonight I can do more than cuddle with you?” he winked.

Amber blushed and chuckled, “Maybe.”

“I’ll take that as a yes.” He said at the waiter came to take there order.

“I’ll have the chicken Caesar salad,” Amber said smiling at the waiter trying to ignore the stare Alex gave it only made her blush.

“How about you sir?”

“I have the Philly cheese steak sandwich with fries.” Alex said.

The waiter left with their orders and so Alex to the chance to convince Amber about the condo. “The condo is gorgeous and really close stores. I really did like that one more the others ones I had seen.”

Amber looked at him as she took a drink of her lemon water. “It’s beautiful and you don’t have to sell it to me Alex… it’s just that buying a condo is definitely altering our original plans.”

“I know princess but… I promise you we will travel and we could always sell it.” Alex said smiling at her.

“I am thinking about it.” She gave him a smile as she saw the waiter come back with their orders.

Amber smiled as she saw her plate she leaned in to smell it, she loved Caesar Salad. But for some reason not today when she felt the churn in her stomach and brought her hand to her mouth as she ran to the bathroom, leaving a very baffled Alex.
Chapter 23 by summer03
Alex looked at his wife worriedly… “You sure you don’t want to see a doctor?” he asked her rubbing her back.

“Yeah I just need to lie down for a little bit.” Amber said smiling weakly as she laid back into the bed.

“I am going to go see if I can find something for you to drink in the kitchen.” He stood up and kissed her forehead. “I’ll be right back.”

Amber nodded and closed her eyes…she was sad because she was not able to enjoy her salad.

Alex walked down toward the kitchen to get Amber something for her upset stomach. He was rummaging through the cupboards he didn’t here anyone come into the kitchen. He was trying to find some tea or something soothing for Amber.

“I thought I had seen you walk in here,” Simone said smiling as she played with a strand of her hair. “Hungry?” she asked him curiously as she walked up to him.

“Hey, uhm no actually I was trying to get something for Amber she is feeling under the weather.” Alex said as he continued to search.

“Awe that’s not good… I came here to invite you to my house for dinner and of course Amber.” Simone said as she watched Alex, there was just something about him that she was attracted too.

“Yeah I am going to have to take a rain check… I have to take care of the wife.” Alex said as he tried to catch a class that he had accidently bumped into and was on the way to he floor. He cringed as he heard the glass shatter, “Shit!” he said quickly bending down to pick up the shattered pieces.

“Here let me help you.” Simone said as she bent down to help him. “Maybe you could after you made sure she is ok.” She said as she helped him.

“No really I can’t, Fuck,” Alex said as he saw the blood. “just great are you ok?” He asked Simone who was now up and her hand was under the faucet cold water running through her hand.

“I’ll be fine I just need a band aid,” She said as she felt Alex beside her. She was smiling as Alex took her hand and looked at the cut it really wasn’t that bad he put pressure on the cut with a napkin.

“I’m just trying to stop the bleeding.” He told her as she stared at him. “Thank you for caring,” she told him leaning into him and before he knew what was happening her lips were on his. He pulled away and gasped when he saw Amber her arms crossed in the entrance of the kitchen. “Amber,” he said as he saw the tears on her eyes.

“I think I interrupted you guys,” Amber said and walked out crying. All she wanted was ice cream so she walked down to the kitchen where Alex was supposed to be preparing her a tea and instead he was kissing Simone.

“I’m sorry,” Simone said while in the inside she was smiling she hadn’t planned for this but now it had happened it only worked for her.

“Just leave me alone,” Alex said in annoyance as he left to go after Amber. He took the stairs two at a time and walked into the room only to hear Amber in the restroom again. He tried to open the door but it was locked so he sighed and waited patiently for Amber to finish throwing up again.

Amber washed her mouth and put her hair in a tight pony tail as she walked out prepared to pack her suitcase and go but instead she jumped when she felt Alex’s hands on her. She pulled away and turned to look at him her tears again coming down her face. “Don’t touch me,” she told him.

“It’s not what you think,” Alex said biting his lip as he saw the hurt on Amber’s face. “Let me explain.” He told her as he got near her again.

“Just please leave me alone,” Amber said as she ran to the restroom again.

Alex didn’t even try to go in there to help her. He wanted too but he knew better, Amber was mad and she did have a good reason to be mad. “I’m going to go find a doctor that we can take you too.” He told her as he walked out.

Amber did not want to see a doctor and after washing her mouth again she didn’t waste anytime on packing her belongings. She only got what she thought was necessary and then she walked out the room and down the stairs. She was almost out of the house and no one had seen her till she saw Simone.

“Amber your leaving?” Simone asked as she pretended to be shocked.

“Yes,” Amber said as she turned to face her. “Alex is free now you can have him…my sloppy seconds.” Amber said giving her a fake smile.

“Its not my fault you can’t please him anymore.” Simone said with a smirk and then she felt sting on her face. “You little BITCH!” Simone said ready to go after Amber only see Robert come into the foyer.

“What’s going on?” he asked as he saw Amber open the door and walk out.

“That bitch hit cause she saw me and Alex kissing.” She said as she walked out the door after Amber who was already backing out of the drive way.

Amber gave Simone a wicked smile and she finally did it she flicked her off. She was not coming back this time she didn’t want to ever to Alex again. She finally realized that maybe her father had been right and he had reason for the many rules he had given her. At the thought of her father her mother’s face came into picture and she knew exactly where she was heading. She was heading home… where she should have never left.
Chapter 24 by summer03
Amber wiped the tears that fell free from her face as she entered Dallas city limits. She knew she would the talk of her life but at this moment she only felt like all she had was her mother and that meant it was worth getting lectured by her father.

It had taken her approximately four days to make to Dallas, because she had been sick. She had been drinking Maalox like water since she left California. She didn’t understand why she felt so sick, she had to see a doctor because her upset stomach would not go away.

She sighed heavily as she approached the exit to Garland she felt her stomach churn and she did not know if it was because of the nerves she had or because of her stomach virus. She stopped her car on the side of the road as she was hit with a wave of nausea, she barely opened the door and she emptied her stomach contents. She groaned and only wished to get to her mother’s embrace soon.

After she made sure she could drive again she got back on the road and prayed that her father would accept her back, he should if he really believed in the bible… he should then remember the story of the prodigal son right?

She felt queasy again as she turned on to Centerville the main street that led to her home. She began to cry as she began to recognize everything, the Jack In The Box she used to go eat at with her friends. Everything was the same not that she had been gone long anyway.

Then there it was First Street she made the left turn and almost hit the breaks as she realized she was very close to her destination. She could see her house the brick house that had been her jail house and it would be her haven she hoped anyway.

She was now parked and just staring at the house, she smiled as she saw her father’s Tahoe parked. It was close to super time and she could already picture her mother in the kitchen fixing dinner. She sighed heavily and finally she got the guts to get off the car. Every step she took toward the house was excruciating it was like she was back in shackles and being pulled back to her cell.

She took a deep breath and pushed the doorbell, she smiled as she heard Snowball barking away. She waited patiently till she saw the doorknob moving and then there stood her mother wiping her wet hands on her pants. “mom,” she said again tears coming down her face.

“Amber,” Adele said beginning to cry as she hugged her daughter. “You look sick,” she told her as she saw her daughter’s pale face.

“I’m fine just a little nervous… is dad here?” Amber asked wiping her tear stained face.

“Yes, he won’t want to see you.” Adele said looking into the house. “I’ll take care of that, come on in sweetie I am so happy your back.”

“Who’s at the door Adele?”

“Me,” Amber said walking in her father on the stairway his hands on his waist. “Hi dad.”

“Adele, what is she doing here? I thought I had been clear about this.”

“Yes you were but it’s not going to happen. She is our daughter whether you like it or not and she has come back! If you don’t want her here than fine, but I won’t stay here either.” Adele said firmly defying her husband.

“Father I am so sorry… I really am. I just ask for your help till I can live on my own. I will find a job and move out. Just please talk to me… I know I did wrong in leaving like I did but now I am back and asking for you to give me a chance to prove that I am still the same Amber.” She was crying as she saw her father anger very clear in his face yet tears were coming down his face.

“Remember about the prodigal son,” Adele said as she wrapped her arm around Amber. “She has come back home…”

Amber jumped a little as he father walked passed her and her mother not saying a word. He walked out and all you heard was his Tahoe as he backed out of the driveway.

“He’ll be back he just needs to think that’s all.” Adele said giving her daughter a smile. “Now come on lets get you settled.”

********

Alex drank another shot as he looked around the crowded bar. It had been four days since Amber had left not allowing him to give an explanation. He was hurt and angry, he didn’t know what to really say or do.

Where could Amber had gone? Most likely she was already in another state. Why had he not listened to her? It was too late to regret though and he honestly did not see what she said she saw and felt from his family.

Well except for Simone that had been true. Especially now that she was gone Simone was all over him. He ordered another drink and sighed heavily wondering where could Amber be. He needed her now, he loved her.

“There you are,” Simone said sitting beside him.

“What do you want?” Alex said insipidly as he took the drink from the bartender.

“Well your father is worried about you, he said you had left early in the morning and still hadn’t made it back. Are you ok?” Simone asked as she ordered a drink for herself.

“Does it look like I am ok?” Alex asked still not really paying attention to her.

“You know Alex I was once told that things happen for a reason. Maybe Amber is not the right girl for you… I mean she left you.” Simone said as she put her hand on top of Alex’s tattooed hand.

Alex pulled away from her grip, “Amber loves me and I love her. I just sort of lost my path lately, she’ll be back she will.” That’s all he could do to reassure himself. That’s when he remembered about the guy she had met the other time. “Brian.”

“Who’s Brian?” Simone asked as she watched him down his drink.

“He knows where Amber is or she’s with him.” Alex said a large lump forming as he imagined the worst. Maybe Brian was trying to take her away from him, as he thought through there conversation in the car she remembered her mentioning where he worked. He stood up quickly pulling out some cash to pay for his drinks. He then walked away not caring to saying anything to Simone.

“Alex! Wait, I’ll go with you.” Simone said running after him.

“No,” Alex said glaring at her, its because of you being to clingy to me that Amber left. “Just stay away from me Simone, I will never see you at anything more than an acquaintance.”
Chapter 25 by summer03
Alex walked into the small restaurant and spotted the man he was looking for. “Brian,” he said walking up to him.

Brian looked up when he heard his name… “Yes how may I help you?” he asked the young man that walked in.

“Where is my wife?” Alex asked with anger as he glared at the man in front of him.

“I’m sorry do I know you?” Brian asked staring at them intently trying to recognize him.

“Please, my wife Amber that you were so happy to help find her way back to her house.” Alex said pissed by now maybe the alcohol had something to do with it.

“Oh so you’re the prick that is so blind to see that your father is using you and that they don’t give a rat’s ass about you?” Brian said now mad as he walked out the restaurant he did not want to taint his restaurant with behavior like what Alex was showing.

Alex followed him outside, “So you do recall who I am talking about where is she? Is she staying with you?” he asked with pleading eyes.

“No I haven’t seen her since that night and if I knew where she was I probably wouldn’t tell you because that meant you chose you’re so called family over her.” Brian said not really caring about the torment that was exposed threw the man’s eyes.

“You’re lying tell me where she is at!” Alex said raising his voice.

That was when Brian got the whiff of alcohol and scrunched his nose. “Look you drunk just go sleep it off and come back when you’re sober I might have a hint to where she might have gone…” Brian said leaving him there as he walked back to his restaurant.

*******

“I’m pregnant.” Amber said to herself as she stared at her reflection on the bathroom mirror. Two days ago she had arrived back to her house and after a long conversation with both her mother and father she had been accepted. Of course many things had changed like she had to find a place to live soon.

Her mother had been very supportive and her father she knew would get there soon. She had still been sick and after she confessed of her elopement in Vegas her mother gave out her suspicions on her morning sickness. A doctor visit later it was confirmed she was pregnant from Alex.

She still had to break the news to her father but her mother seemed excited to have a grandchild on the way. She didn’t know yet if she should let Alex know… in fact she didn’t even know if Alex cared anymore. It had been a week since she had left and the both times she had called the house Robert had mentioned he was out with a friend. Amber only assumed that friend was Simone.

One thing was for sure he needed a wake up call… so she had found Alex’s moms number on the phone book and now she debating on calling her. She knew she was the only person that might open Alex’s eyes to the truth about his father. Because even though they had not worked out she loved him and he did not deserve to be used like he was.

“Ambs are you ok?” Adele asked as she knocked on the door.

“Yeah I’m fine,” Amber said opening the door and giving her mother a reassuring smile.

“You made your mind up on calling your husbands mother?”

“Yeah I will call her…” Amber said as she sat in her bed that same bed she had since middle school.

“Good,” Adele said handing her the phone. “The sooner the better, this guy really sound like a good guy sweetie, maybe you should try calling him again even if it is to ask for the divorce.”

“Annulment mom,” Amber said as she took the phone from her mother’s hand and went to retrieve the piece of paper where she had written down her mother in laws number. “How should I start?”

“By telling her who you are…” Adele said kissing her daughters forehead. “I’m going to be downstairs if you need me.”

“Ok,” Amber said as she watched her mother disappear. She looked at the piece of paper and after a long pause she dialed the number.

The phone was on its fourth ring and she was about to hang up when she heard the voice of a woman. “Hello?” Amber bit her lip and just continued to hear the woman say hello.

“Mrs. Solis?” she finally said when she knew she was about to hang up.

“Who’s calling?” the voice asked but somehow Amber knew who it was.

“Hi you don’t know yet but I had to call you… my name is Amber and…” Amber paused not knowing how to tell her anymore…

*******

Alex got out of the shower and got dressed, he was going to go see the Brian guy again. He was sober now with a major headache but he was sober. He walked down the stairs and he went to look for his father to tell him he would be back in time to sign the documents for the investment he was planning on doing with the company he had recommended.

He stop at the door as he heard the voices of his half brother and his father laughing at something. “I can’t believe Simone had something to do with that horrible girl finally leaving Alex. It will be much easier to manipulate him and to make him think that his mother was the one that kept me away from him.”

“Yeah and congratulations I hear he signs the documents today dad,” Robert said as he served him and his dad some whiskey.

Alex could not believe what he was hearing, Amber had been right all along. He felt hurt and anger he debated on walking in causing chaos but his pride wouldn’t let him he walked away taking deep breaths two could play that game. He was startled when a servant told him he had a call. “Who is it?” he asked.

“She says she’s your mother.”

“My mother she doesn’t know I am here,” Alex said but still he took the call. “Mom?”
End Notes:
Yay, two update one right after another woohoo! I am on a role and that is because I am ready to finish it..hehe. I still yet have to read what you all think. I hope to see some comments. They do help... :)
Chapter 26 by summer03
“How are you going to raise that kid on your own?”

“I will find a way and I am sure when Alex finds out he will at least want to help his son or daughter. I know he will.” Amber said as she looked at her father who was still not very comfortable with her return.

“We will help you too…” her mother said patting Amber’s shoulder. “A child is always a blessing.”

“I already called; Mrs. Jones and she told me she will gladly take me back part time at her store.” Amber said looking at the look on her father’s face. “I don’t expect to live off you dad, I chose to live on my own and I will. I just don’t want loose you, mom or my brother and sister. I love you guys.”

“I know and we missed you too… but you have to understand Amber that it’s not going to be the same anymore. For crying out loud you eloped and god knows what else you did. Now you’re pregnant! You are too young to be pregnant and not only that, the guy that claimed to love you chose to let you go… do you see why I protected you so much? How are you sure that this Alex guy will help you he probably is moneyless just like you! This world is rotten Amber and now you are part of them.”

Amber bit her lip and stood up, “I get it dad I screwed up, but I loved him. I fell in love with the father of my child!” she walked away and out the door into her car. She drove away not knowing where she was going she just needed to think.

She knew this was going to happen with her father but she thought she could handle his lectures but it was apparent she couldn’t.

*******

“I do appreciate you doing this for me in such short time.” Alex shook the hand of the lawyer he had just hired.

“I am glad I could help you Mr. McLean. I have done the research and with the help of the private detective you also hired we have come to learn that indeed your father is in the verge of going bankrupt he is in debt. The stock he wanted you to invest your money in does not exist indeed it was just a scheme to get a hold of your money to save himself from the debt he is in. I assume he doesn’t want to loose his home or his other belongings. I am so sorry sir you had to find this out but you must be glad you did now than when you lost your money.”

Alex swallowed the lump on his throat as he balled his hand into a fist. “He never cared for me… that conniving man that unfortunately carries the same blood that runs through my veins.” He said with gritted teeth. “How much does he owe?”

“It’s a very large sum, both his partner Mr. Meyer and him owe. The total so far is 1.5 million to several other stock holders.”

Alex’s mouth went open as he heard the amount. “Thank you again… I have to go.” He told the lawyer as he got up. He was definitely going to get his father back somehow. He was glad he had overheard what he had and that his mother had called.

He smiled as he remembered the call. His mother had yelled over the phone at him. She had to tell him everything about his father and how he was the one to walk out on them after he realized he could not handle living on a day by day basis. After a huge lecture he finally asked how she had gotten the number to his father’s house and to his surprise his mother had said that it had been through his wife. Amber had called his mother and had told her what was going on… Amber cared for him and he was on a mission to find her.

He had learned from his own mother about the call and how Amber had called from what seemed to be a Dallas number. She had not said anything about where she was but that she cared about me and for that reason she had decided to contact his mother. Also that if his mother could ask him about an annulment, she was going to call his mother again in a couple of days for his response. He was going to deny an annulment he loved her! He was going to fly back to Dallas where he was going to go look for her, but first he had to finish his business here with his father. He had a few things he had to get out of his chest.
End Notes:
enjoy and I really would love your feedback.
Chapter 27 by summer03
Author's Notes:
So in case you have not seen it yet I found my old banner...yay. So its back up. :)
“Alex what are you doing?”

Alex looked at his father and tried not to tell him off just yet. He swallowed hard and then spoke, “I am moving out.”

“You don’t have to now that Amber is gone though,” he said as he looked at his son. “Here why don’t you just go put that back into your room and instead we go over to my office. You still haven’t signed the documents for the investment.”

Alex stopped walking and shook his fathers grip on his shoulder off. “I am moving out Robert,” he said staring at his father. “But your right though I haven’t signed anything and I won’t.”

Robert looked at his son with confusion, “I thought you said you were everything is ready I double checked it myself. Everything is legit you will definitely double or triple your money in no time.”

Alex snickered and then dropped his luggage on the floor. “I can’t believe you can look me in the eye and lie to me! Why didn’t you instead just come out straight about you needing money? I probably would have tried to help you just because I really wanted to be part of you and your family I wanted a father! I am so glad that I heard you and Rob talk about it… I then did some investigation and that’s when I found out everything. I can’t believe you had audacity to lie to me… the son you disowned and that only wanted to get to know you. You and your whole new family are full of mendacity… I am now sure that you must have put Simone up to do this make Amber hate me!”

Robert looked at his son and swallowed hard, “I don’t understand what you are talking about, I would never do something like that.”

Alex took a deep breath and then stared at his father, “Quit trying to act like you don’t know what I am talking about Robert, you know that you are in debt and in the verge of loosing this fucking house as well as those fancy cars you have outside. You are a disgrace and I regret coming here…” he said grabbing his luggage again and walking out the door.

*********

“Its for you…” Tommy said looking at his sister Amber who laying on her bed.

“Who is it?” Amber asked looking at her brother questioningly.

“She said her name is Denise Solis.” Tommy said handing her the phone.

Amber’s eyes widen and then took a deep sigh before taking the phone. “Hello?”

“Amber its Alex’s mom,” Denise said not knowing exactly to start this conversation. “Listen, I am going to be in Dallas this weekend and would love to meet up with you.”

Amber did not know what to say so she just became mute.

“Amber? Are you there?” Denise said when she did not hear her.

Amber cleared her throat, “Yes sorry… I don’t think that is a good idea Ms. Solis.”

“Denise,” She corrected her daughter in law. “Look I know you left my son and I will respect that but please, do me this favor I want to be able to see the face of the person that has just saved my son from the paws of my ex husband.”

“I can’t I just can’t…” Amber said sighing as her hand distinctly went to her abdomen.

“Look how about I call when I am in Dallas and maybe by then you will change your mind. I am sorry for griping at Alex when he called me to tell me he had married you. I was just looking out for him, but I have now realized that you are a good girl. To bad Alex did not see it.”

Amber began to sob and then spoke again, “I never knew about that call.” She said smiling as she realized Alex had fought with his mother for her, what had happened to that Alex?

“I’m sorry I thought he had told you that. I assumed that’s why you didn’t want to see me.”

“No that’s not why…I’m pregnant.” She finally said before she could bite her tongue.

Denise almost dropped the phone when she heard Amber. “Pregnant?” she smiled as she felt tears start to form in her eyes. “Does he know?”

“No.” Amber said as she wiped away her tears. “I tried to contact him when I found out but was told all the three times that he was busy. Look I don’t know why I told you but don’t feel obligated about being nice to be because of it. I am raising my baby on my own and I will not ask for you or Alex to give me money.”

“No, Amber let me part of this. You don’t know how much this news makes me happy. Are you going to try and tell him again?” Denise asked knowing well that most likely she wouldn’t.

“No… maybe after the baby is born I will try again. Ms. Solis?” Amber asked suddenly.

“Yes sweetie?”

“Did he listen to you when you told him the truth about his father?” Amber just had to know.

“I know he did… I planted a seed of doubt I just hope he follows his gut instinct and investigates. I haven’t heard from him yet.” She lied realizing she could not let her know she was actually going to be in Dallas Love field airport to pick up her son.

“I hope so too. I have to go…” Amber said looking toward her door where her mother stood with a quizzical brow.

“Ok, but will we be able to meet up?” Denise asked.

“I will think about it,” Amber said clearing her throat. “Call me and we’ll talk then. Good bye Ms. Solis.
Chapter 28 by summer03
Amber tapped her fingers as she sat in the Starbucks. She had agreed to see her mother in law or should she say soon to be ex mother in law. She smiled as she caught a young man staring at her. She blushed and turned away when she realized he had noticed her staring… she was quick to take a sip of her Passion tea.

“Waiting for someone?”

Amber jumped a little when she saw the young man now in front of her his cup of cold coffee in hand. “You could say that,” she said nervously biting at the straw.

“May I till your company arrives. I’m Howie by the way.” He extended his hand to her.

“Hi Amber.” Amber said smiling at him. “My mother in law should be here any minute.”

“Mother in law,” Howie arched his brow. “It’s always the good girls that are taken. Your husband must be one lucky man.”

Amber giggled nervously she was not used to being hit on by man unless you counted that one encounter with Rusty and his guy friends. She got a flash of that memory in her head how Alex had gotten beat up of them. “Well technically I should say soon to be ex mother in law.” She was not lying that was the truth.

“Ouch,” Howie said seeing the sad expression on her face. “So no happily ever after?”

“Nope but life is still young for me and with my…” she stopped herself from finishing her sentence she realized she really shouldn’t be sharing her personal information with a total stranger.

*******

“You sure she said this Starbucks?” Alex asked as he got of his mothers truck.

“Abrams and Gaston…yep this one is it.” Denise said after turning off her engine and getting out of the car. “Maybe I should go in first and then you.”

“No I have to see her mom. I love her and I’ve hurt her I need to apologize.” Alex said as he walked toward the coffee house freezing as he saw his wife having a very exciting conversation with someone a man at that.

“What’s wrong?” Denise asked as she followed his gaze. “Oh is that her?”

“Yes,” Alex said with a clenched jaw.

“You weren’t lying when you said she was pretty.” Denise said as she eyed her daughter in law. “Who’s that with her?”

“I don’t know but let’s find out.” Alex said stepping forward.

“Wait,” Denise said grabbing his arm. “You can’t go in there like that… you have to understand that could be her family or a friend. Or either way she is not happy with you… remember be humble.”

“Ok your right.” Alex said as he walked in and slowly approached his wife. “Amber.”

Amber nearly dropped her cup as her hands began to tremble. She knew that voice, “Alex.” she said looking up to see her husband a red headed short woman right behind him.

“Amber you look gorgeous,” Denise said breaking the silence. She went up to her and hugged her as she whispered something into her ear, “I haven’t told him about you know its been hard though not to tell him.”

“I should go,” Howie said clearing his throat. “I’ll see you around Amber.”

“Yeah bye,” Amber said robotically as she still stared at her husband. He had not shaved in a while and he looked like he hadn’t slept either.

“I’m going to get me a coffee want something honey?” Denise asked Alex.

“I’m fine mom…wait you know what yeah get me something strong an espresso.” Alex said as he got near the table and slowly pulled out a chair taking a seat.

“Do you want a refill sweetie?” she asked Amber before leaving.

“No thank you I’m fine.” Amber said finally looking at her. She sighed as she saw her walk away, “Your mother tricked me.”

“She knew you wouldn’t want to see me if you knew I was coming.” Alex said wetting his lips suddenly feeling them dry. “Who was that?” Alex asked pointing to the guy that had just been sitting with her.

“Why do you care,” Amber said finally her face showing a little anger. She shrugged, “I can move on too you know.”

“But you love me,” Alex said sighing a little with frustration.

Amber smiled wryly and set her cup down. “Love? Do you even know the meaning of that?” she stood up and grabbed her purse.

“What are you doing?” Alex asked also standing up.

“I am out of here, I agreed to meet your mother not you. I have every right to leave so I will.” Amber said as she began to walk. She ignored whatever Alex was saying as she fled.

She didn’t get far though as she made it to her car she felt the tug on her arm. “Amber wait,” Alex said holding onto her hard.

“Your hurting me Alex let go,” Amber said her eyes filling with tears. “There is nothing for us to say.”

“Your wrong,” Alex said loosening his grip on her arm. “I am here because I want you back and because I want to apologize for my stupid behavior. I love you Amber.”

Amber pulled away from his grip and began to back away. “Look Alex you can’t be doing this… you clearly don’t trust me and in a marriage you have to have trust.” She then turned and ran through the parked cars but she could hear Alex behind her she didn’t stop though she made it to her hand and quickly got in. sighing in relief that she able to lock the doors before Alex could get in.

“Amber please let me talk.” Alex said banging on her window.

“No,” Amber said sternly turning on the engine to her car and beginning to back out. She didn’t wait much she sped away, especially when she saw that Alex had run back and was sure that it was to get in his car and follow her. But she had a good head start and besides she lived in Garland not downtown Dallas, she would be home and able to think clearly.

******

“She didn’t let me explain,” Alex said as he sat in his mother’s truck.

“Well sweetie you hurt her badly. But don’t worry you’ll see her again. Now let’s go find a hotel for today god knows you need the rest.”
Chapter 29 by summer03
“Logistics Inc. this is Amber speaking how may I help you?” Amber said into the phone as she sat in the reception area of her new job. She still couldn’t get Alex’s face of her mind from when he had showed up at the coffee shop. Had she been to harsh? He looked sincere in his apology.

“Amber?” she looked up to find her manager in front of her.

“Please hold,” she said to the person on the line as she put the line on hold. “Yes?”

“I’m going to lunch and I want you to join me,” Mr. Cox said smiling at the young girl. “I want to talk to you about your job and position.”

“Sir who will take care of the phones while I am gone?” Amber asked him. See Mr. Cox was a very good friend of her dads; her dad had pulled some strings and had landed her this job which would pay much better. She needed that now that she was expecting a bundle of joy. Cause no matter what the baby that was growing inside her was her bundle of joy. Even if the father and her had not worked out.

“Madeleine is,” he said as a strawberry blonde walked toward them. She was gorgeous and she was very confident. She was dressed to impress in the business world.

“Madeleine is my daughter and is usually in the accounting department but she will take care of the phones till get back.” Mr. Cox said kissing his daughter’s cheek.

“Hi,” Amber said extending her hand to the young woman and was surprised when Madeleine kissed her cheek.

“Nice to meet you my father kept bragging about you being Mr. Walker’s eldest daughter. We should make plans to hang out maybe go do some charity work and then go to the mall or something.”

Amber only blushed as she saw how friendly she was being. “That sounds great but…” she stopped talking though when Madeleine hugged her.

“Great this Saturday I will pick you up be ready by eight. We are going to be helping feed the homeless breakfast.”

Amber bit her lip only nodded, this only meant that her father had not told them about her decision… she was no longer religious per say. She also assumed this meant they did not know about her bundle of joy… she wondered how that was going to play out when she could no longer hide her growing bump.

*******

“Ha, three pointer!” Tommy said jumping as the basketball whooshed through the basket.

“Cheater,” Eric said. “So how much longer for you pops to get here?” he asked as he gulped down his water.

“He should be here soon it’s already four,” Tommy said looking at his watch. “What do you need to see dad about?” he asked Eric was one of the members of his church and he knew his father really liked him.

Eric laughed and cleared his throat, he looked at the young kid. “Well your father told me about your sister Amber…and how her misfortunate choice to leave to do what she felt like kicked in the butt. But he also told me about her being repentant, but not without consequences of course.” He said motioning his hand in a circular motion around his stomach to let him know he knew she was pregnant.”

“She didn’t sin… she is married she’s just going through a bad patch with her husband.” Tommy said defensively.

Eric only grinned… “Tommy your father told me everything and I know she is filing for an annulment. So I decided that… I am going to ask her to marry me. I will take care of her and the baby. I am twenty five and I haven’t yet found a suitable girl, and to be honest with you I always had a crush on your sister.”

Tommy spit out his water as he heard Eric. “You’re joking right? My sister isn’t going to agree.”

“Well you father has assured me he will make sure she sees that this is the best for her. I will love her and provide for her.” Eric said and quick like he stopped talking when he saw some walking up the driveway toward them. “Who’s that?”

Tommy looked up and scrunched his nose when he saw the man walking up to them. He definitely didn’t look familiar in fact he was not someone he would be allowed to talk to let alone hang out with. “I don’t know but maybe we should head inside.”

“We should ask what he wants.” Eric said standing up. “Can I help you?”

“Yes actually you can,” Alex cleared his throat as his hands found the pockets of his pants. “I am looking for someone… I was told this is where I would find her.”

“Yeah? What’s her name?” Eric said eyeing the tattooed man.

“Amber McLe-” he stopped himself from saying his last name and corrected himself, “I mean Walker.” He knew that they would know her for her maiden name.

Eric stiffened and eyed him, “she is not here… who is asking for her?”

“When will she be back?” Alex said ignoring his question.

“She should be home soon,” Tommy said not liking the attitude Eric gave the stranger. “Do you want to leave a message?”

“No I’ll just be back…” Alex said turning around and walking away. He had something to smile about though he had found her house. Now he had to make sure to come when she was there. He was startled when he felt a pat on his shoulder making him stop he turned and saw the younger boy he didn’t look older the sixteen. He smiled as he recognized the eyes they were the same shade as Ambers.

“I’m sorry but I have to ask what do you want with my sister?”

Alex smiled as he realized he was talking to Tommy, Amber’s brother. “I came for her. I came to apologize,” Alex said as his gaze turned to the other man looking mad at the fact that Tommy had followed him.

“You’re Alex?” Tommy said eyeing him and smiling. “Man Amber sure did loose some screws… I would have never seen her with some like you. No offense.” He laughed nervously realizing he had said that out loud.

“None taken,” Alex said taking a deep breath. “Is she ok? I want to talk to her I need to talk her…”

“She doesn’t know you’re here does she?”

Alex shrugged, “Well she does but our first encounter was not the best… I think she has begun to hate and I can’t, I just can’t let that happen. I love her…”

“Don’t come back today it won’t help with the situation she is dealing with right now. My dad is… well lets just say it won’t be a good idea. Come another day… and I think its best we don’t tell her you came. I have to say I am rooting for you.” Tommy said whispering.

Alex smiled and nodded, “Thanks I’ll be back another day then.”

*******

“NO! I am out of here!” Amber yelled to her mother as she began to pack her bags. She let out a cry as she packed. “I knew this was to good to be true!”

“Sweetie you have no where to go.” Adele told her daughter as she began to cry. “Just don’t marry him, your father is just not thinking.”

“Mom!” Amber said plopping on her bed. “He arranged a marriage for me so that he would not be looked upon as the father with the knocked-up daughter. When the truth is I am married and was married when I got pregnant. I can’t do this, I’m moving out.”

“Amber,” Tommy said walking in. “Don’t leave,” Tommy said.

“I can’t be here anymore Tommy dad has lost it, I am not even divorced yet and already he has me a husband.” She said between sobs.

Tommy eyed his mother and she got the hint slowly leaving the room. “Dad has a weird way of showing his love toward us. I caught my dad crying for you several times in the garage when he thought no one was looking for him a picture of clutched in his hand.” Tommy began as he saw his mother vanish not before closing the door though.

“He won’t force you know I think deep down inside he honestly thought he was helping you. of course he also so the benefit of covering up you mistake. Listen all I am saying is don’t leave abruptly again, save some money so you can get a descent place for you and the baby.”

Amber kissed her little brother and sighed as she stopped crying. “Since when did you get smarter than me?” she asked him.

“What do you mean since when…? I have always been the smart one of the family.” He chuckled when she elbowed his rib. “So do you want me to help you unpack?”

Amber bit her lip and said nothing. “Ok I promise I will not allow him to marry you to Eric.”

Amber smiled again, “I guess I can try and save more money… besides your right I know he loves deep down that cold heart of his he loves me… right?” she asked as she began to put her clothes back.

“Yes.”
End Notes:
hehe, enjoy. More drama! oh and review! please?
Chapter 30 by summer03
Amber smiled as she welcomed Madeleine, “I am glad you made it.” She told her as she let her in. “The cakes looks delicious.”

“Well I made it from scratch,” Madeleine said smiling at her and handing her the cake. “So I heard more people were coming to the cookout.”

“Yeah,” Amber said as she looked toward the back of her house it was already full of people. All from the church she once used to attend. Even the stupid idiot of Eric was there of course she wasn’t talking to him.

“Go right out that door, I will be there in a minute,” Amber said as she walked toward the kitchen to put the cake in the fridge.

******

Alex finished his smoke as he eyed the house. It looked like it was not a good day to try and talk to her. But he had already put this for long enough it was already Saturday and he just couldn’t wait much more.

He got off his mother’s truck and began to walk toward the house. He sighed heavily as he walked up the stone steps to her door. He pushed the doorbell and waited for the answer.

He was about to push the doorbell again when he was greeted by Tommy. “Hi,” Alex said giving him a small smile. “Is she here today?”

Tommy pushed his brother in law aside and stepped out of the house closing the door. “Yeah she is,” he said rubbing the back of his neck. “But we have a gathering going on… I don’t think it’s a good idea for you to go in.”

“I really don’t care anymore I just need to talk to her.” Alex said a little agitated.

“Wait here let me see if I can get her to come out here,” Tommy said eyeing him he felt for him he looked desperate. “Just don’t make her too stressed it won’t help with her pregnancy. I know you don’t want something to happen to your baby.”

Alex froze as he heard the last words from Tommy who had now vanished back into the house. Amber was pregnant, he had heard right, right? “A baby,” Alex said smiling a little Amber was having his baby.

*******

“Amber?” Tommy said walking up to her she was talking with her new coworker and friend.

“Yes Tommy?” Amber said turning to face him.

“Could I talk to you for a sec?” Tommy said taking her hand in his pulling her gently to follow him. “It’s pretty urgent.”

“Ok,” Amber said giving Madeleine an apologetic look as she followed her young brother. “Ok seriously what’s wrong Tommy?” Amber said as they walked into the house.

“I just have something to show you but no one else can see it yet,” Tommy said facing her. “Just before I show promise no matter what you will not hate me?”

“I could never hate you Tommy, your scaring me here I thought I was the bad seed of this family.” She said trying to read her brother.

“Ok remember what you have just said,” Tommy said pulling her toward the front door. “I love you and that’s why I am doing this.” he said as he opened the front door and pulled her out with him.

“I can never forget that I love -,” Amber stopped talking when she saw Alex sitting on the steps of her house. “I take that back maybe I can dislike you a little.” She said trying to walk back into the house but Tommy blocked her. “Let me through, I have nothing to say to that man.” She pointed to Alex.

Tommy shook his head and looked at her… “Do you really want everyone in there to witness this?”

She stopped trying to push her way in and sighed turning to look at her husband. “Fine,” she said walking down the steps but we can’t talk here either they can come out. Let’s walk to the park just a couple of blocks from here. “Tell mom I went for ice or something.” Amber told Tommy who was smiling.

“I got it covered you two talk.” Tommy said giving Alex a smile too.

“Oh and I am mad at you by the way!” Amber told her brother as she began to walk toward the park not really waiting on Alex. But she could hear him right behind her.

“Hey,” Alex said reaching for her.

She stopped and turned to face him, “We need to walk fast I don’t my father to see me or you.” Amber said as she began to walk but this time Alex was right beside her.

“How did you find me?” Amber finally asked as she picked up her pace.

“Google is great in finding people.” Alex said putting his hands in his pockets. “Amber… please don’t talk to me like that. Please just let me talk.”

“Look I can talk however I want, I am mad and hurt so I talk like do!” Amber said as she finally saw the little park she went straight to the bench.

“Ok I deserve that,” Alex said as he took a seat beside her. “But, I am here now and I am willing to do whatever to show you that I am sorry.”

“Alex we can’t be like this every time you screw up you can’t just think an apology can fix it.” Amber said wiping away the tears forming on her eyes.

“I know and I have learned my lesson, you were right my father is not the man I wanted him to or thought him to be. I should’ve listened to you and I will from now on.” Alex said reaching for her hand and taking it in his hand. “You have to take me back give me another chance if not for me but for the baby.”

Amber gasped as she heard Alex, “My baby does not need anyone more but me, I am going to be its mother and father.” Amber said pulling her hand away from his grip. “Did your mother tell you?”

“No…” Alex said and bit his lip, “Tommy did before he went to look for you I guess he thought I already knew. And no you can’t take the baby away from me I am his or her father. I should know how hard it is to not have a father and I will not do that to my daughter or son.” Alex said taking her hand again.

Amber tried to pull her hand again but Alex would budge. “Please don’t make me hate you.” she said sobbing. “I don’t want to hate you Alex.”

“Then don’t,” Alex said scooting closer to her using his other hand to turn her face to face him. “I love you Amber and I am willing to do whatever to get you back. Don’t you get it? I fell in love with you Amber Danielle Walker. No other girl has been able to do what you have, I know I am screw up most of the time but I will work hard on it.”

Amber shook her head, “It’s not easy Alex. I saw and felt the pain of someone cheating on you.”

“I did not cheat on you… I swear Simone came on to me that day you saw me kissing her. I also found out it was a scheme she and Robert were using to separate us.” Alex said as his thumb wiped away a tear rolling down her cheek. “I am here now and I want you to come with me… we are going to live like a normal married couple. Then when our son or daughter is born we can travel again. I can by a big RV to drive around the US.”

Amber chuckled a little as she heard him, “I don’t know if I can just forget.” She said looking away from him only to have him pull her face back so she was seeing him.

“You love me?” he asked her as he leaned into her. “Do you love me? Do you still love me?”

Amber could not bring herself to say no because she knew that would be a lie. “Yes,” she said in an almost whisper. “Yes I love you.”

Alex smiled and pressed his lips to hers. “That’s all that matters baby. I love you and there is nothing that is going to separate me from you now or ever.” He said before taking her lips again.

Amber didn’t try to push him away because it just felt so right to be in his arms. His lips kissing hers. “ok.” She managed to say before loosing herself in his embrace and his kiss. She just hoped she did not regret this later.
Chapter 31 by summer03
Alex hands gripped tighter around Amber’s waist as he continued to kiss her. He smiled as he finally pulled away for air, “I love you.”

Amber smiled and blushed as she heard him, “I love you too.” She told him as her hands rested on around his neck.

“Nothing will separate us again ever,” he told her as he kissed her forehead.

“I hope not,” she said looking at him wearingly. “I don’t think I can handle another one of these situations.”

Alex bit his lip as he understood what Amber was talking about. “It won’t I promise.” He said before taking her mouth with his again.

Amber willingly kissed him back her fingers finding his hair. She breathed heavily as she pulled away for air, “We should stop we are in a public place,” she said as she looked around the park. It was empty but still it was better if they stopped.

“Ok,” Alex said standing up and holding out his hand for Amber to take. “Let’s get out of here,” he said.

“Wait where?” Amber said looking at him.

“I want you to leave with me… this week all I did was look for a place for us to live in. I don’t plan to travel anywhere till my son or daughter is born.” He said as one of his hands instinctively went to her stomach.

“You found a place here in Dallas?” Amber asked a little surprised at Alex’s confession.

“Yes, and now I am looking for a badass RV so we can travel once we have our baby.” Alex said smiling at her.

Amber chuckled and sighed, “I don’t know what to say. I was planning in my head how I was going to tell you that I wanted to stay put till after the baby is born but you already have it all set.”

“Well I am one determined man and I am determined to be with you.”

Amber hugged him again and kissed him hard. “I love you.” she managed to say after pulling away.

Alex smiled at her and then cleared his throat, “So do you want to just leave or do you want to get your stuff from your parent’s house?”

Amber stopped smiling as she remembered that little detail. “Uhm about that,” she said biting her lip. “I was wondering if you could allow me to talk to them today. I just need to warm them up to the idea of you being back in my life. I will leave with you I will just not today.”

Alex sighed and looked a little disappointed. “Why? I am sure they know you’re married and that I was bound to come for you. I would also like to meet them to tell them how much you mean to me. I also have to let them know that I will no longer do anything that will hurt you ever.”

“I know but you don’t understand my father not only hates you for what happened he hates you because… you.” Amber looked down to not see Alex.

“I what?” Alex asked picking her face up.

“You married me and well you know! I believe he doesn’t believe me when I told him we got married first.” Amber said flustered.

“Well I did because I love you…” he whispered taking her lips and kissing them tenderly.

“I know but my dad does not see it like that, remember when I told you my family was very religious?” Amber said as she sat back down on the bench.

Alex sat right back down beside her and sighed, “Yeah I remember you telling me that.” he said.

“Well I sort of came back to them because I had sworn I hated what you had done to me. I was not going to ever see you again… I was determined to not ever see you again, so my father took me back. But I know he expects me to behave like I did before. He has this sort of like goal for everyone in his life. When I returned he did take a while to forgive me…but he expects me to repay him back by doing the right thing. In this case that is marrying Eric one of his favorite friends at church.

“He can’t remarry you its illegal.” Alex said a little shocked.

“I know he is waiting for me to finalize our annulment. I was not going to marry him either way. I was actually planning on leaving again. I just want you to allow me to prepare them for your arrival and my decision to leave with you.” Amber said.

*******

“Ok call me,” Alex said as they finally made it to the front of her parent’s home.

“Ok, I might call you later tonight if he doesn’t take this well.” Amber said leaning up to kiss him. “I wish I could just walk in there and tell them how much we love each other. That we are going to give us a try again…” Amber said sighed as she wrapped her arms around him.
“I am prepared to do what you want me to, if you want me to go in there with you right now I will.” Alex said eyeing the house.

“NO, I want you to be in one piece when our child is born.” She smiled a little she knew her father would not kill Alex but still she was afraid of what they would tell him. Her father was a very judgmental person when it came to people that he just did not like for the way they dressed or whatever it was. Instinctively he would categorize them as the devils kids and the bait the devil would use to lure in the humble devoted people to god.

Alex chuckled, “I can put a good fight you know.” he said remembering his last talk with his so called good for nothing father.

“I know but, this is my fight and I have do this first.” Amber said smiling at him and sighing as she pulled away. She giggled when she felt him tightened his grip on her waist and without warning taking her mouth.

“Amber? What in gods name is this?”

Amber froze and became rigid a she heard the voice. She had by then stopped kissing Alex and was now turned toward the house. “Father,” Amber said placing herself in front of Alex. “You should go,” She told Alex only to feel his grip around her waist tightened.

“No,” Alex whispered as he saw the look on his father in laws face.

“Who is this? Why are you…” he could not even finish his phrase he was infuriated with his daughter.

“Dad, this is Alex.” Amber said subtly and still keeping eye contact with her father. “He came for me.”

“Amber Danielle Walker you can’t do this again. Have you not learned your lesson? Look at him he is not suitable for you he has hurt you! You come here right now and forget that nonsense.”

“Mr. Walker please, I really do love your daughter.” Alex said with a firm voice. “I may have acted wrong but I have corrected my error and all I want is to -,” he stopped talking when he felt the shove and then he was on the floor with his father in law on top of him.

“You, you made my daughter the talk of my community. You got her pregnant and turned her into a devils child!” he continued to say as he tried to punch the man but he kept being held by his hands.

“Father!” Amber screamed trying to get him off Alex.

“Dad!” Tommy said running out of the house. “What are you doing get off Alex.”
End Notes:
Ok here is another chapter. I am in a role with this one. I would love to hear your opinion. :)
Chapter 32 by summer03
“I’m so sorry,” Amber whispered as she cleaned Alex’s face. His lip quivered as she pressed the paper towel. “I should’ve known better,” she said.

Alex stopped her and made her look at him. “This is not your fault.” He looked around the room, “Nice room.” he gave her a little smile as she continued to clean his busted lip.

“I had a very big floral issue back in my high school days.” Amber said blushing a little. “This is my fault,” she told him as she took a seat next to him. “I shouldn’t have come back to them.”

“They are your family baby; I can totally understand why you would want to come back to them. Family especially your parents are supposed to be there for you no matter what. My mother I might say I hate her sometimes but at the end of the day I know she is there for me no matter how I fuck up. That’s how normal parents should be anyway.” He sighed and hugged her.

“I’m sorry.” Amber said kiss his cheek softly trying not to hurt him.

Alex cleared his throat and stood up pulling her to him. “I have nothing to forgive you for. If anyone is sorry here it’s me for being so blind and stupid that you had to come back to this.” He said hugging her.

The knock on the door startled them and Amber pulled away. She was prepared to argue again if that was her father, but instead in came her mother with two cups of tea. “Here I thought you might be thirsty. How’s your lip?” she asked Alex as she eyed him.

“It will heal,” Alex said taking a glass from her. “Thank you Mrs. Walker.”

“Your welcome son and I have to let you know that not everyone in this house hates you. My husband is just looking for what’s best for our daughter… and he blind to see that she has already found it.” Adele said smiling at the young man. He was definitely not what you would expect for Amber to like but she had listened to Amber. She had heard everything about him through Amber and she knew he was a good catch. “My husband will come to understand soon, you just have to understand his point of views you know.”

Alex smiled at her politely, “No, I don’t understand Mrs. Walker but I am not god to judge. I do hope that Mr. Walker comes to understand and accept our relationship because believe or not Mrs. Walker I love Amber. I am going to be with her till my last breath, and if he wants to a part of her life he better get used to me being around.”

Amber smiled at Alex’s words she would love him too just with just as much passion. “Mom is he still not here?” Amber asked.

“He hasn’t come back… Tommy is still with Eric looking for him.” Adele said nervously.

“I should go,” Alex said looking at Amber.

“We should go,” Amber corrected and saw the look of surprise from her mother.

“Your not leaving for good are you?” she asked her daughter.

“No,” Alex answered smiling at Amber. She had surprised him, she looked determined. “I have found a nice place downtown Dallas that I have rented. I want Amber to be settled in one place till the baby is born. You are welcome to our home anytime Mrs. Walker and you let Mr. Walker know he is too, so long he can get over the fact that this is not the Middle East and that his daughter has every right to choose who she marries. She married me and now we are having a baby, he needs to accept that.”

“He loves Amber and he only wants the best for her, I know he knows deep down inside that you are good for her. He is just a little stubborn that’s all.” Adele said in defense even though she knew Alex had every right to say what he did.

“Mom I’ll call you.” Amber said as she began to put her things back into her suitcase. She smiled when she saw Alex help her. “Thank you.” she told him as she watched her mother retreat leaving them alone again.

“The faster we finish that faster we are out of here. I just don’t want to be here when your father arrives, this time I let him do what he wanted to me but if there is a next time I won’t be so willing to let him hit me.” Alex said in a serious tone as his finger touched his lip.

*********

“Are we there yet?” Amber said as she tried to take Alex’s hands away from her eyes.

“Almost just relax babe you will see it soon enough.” Alex said a smile playing on his lips as he tried to unlock the door to their new apartment with one hand. After many attempts he finally opened the door and slowly guided Amber in. “Ok you can open them now.”

Amber opened her eyes just as she saw the light come on. She blinked again and gasped as she saw the apartment. “It’s huge,” she said as she walked in more. “I would have been ok with a smaller apartment.” She said as she began to walk around looking at everything from the furniture to the other rooms.

“Do you like it?” Alex asked as he joined her.

“Yes but,” she stopped talking when saw the face Alex made.

“Ok then why are you complaining?” Alex asked arching his brow.

“Ok fine its lovely and I love it…” Amber said wrapping her arms around him. “Sorry,” she said when she saw him wince. “I forgot your sore.”

“I’ll be fine…its just I think I pulled my muscle when I pinned your father down after we struggled for a while.” He said rubbing his left arm.

“Do you want something for the pain?” Amber asked concerned.

“Yes,” Alex said in a whisper as he pulled her into him smiling. “I could think of something I want and that will definitely make me forget the pain.” He said before kissing her.

Amber laughed as she kissed him back. “As tempting as that sounds,” Amber said finally as Alex began to kiss her jaw. “I think we should wait…”

Alex sighed a little and looked at her, “I totally understand.” He said not really understanding he really had missed her yet he knew better than to try if she wasn’t up for it.

“No you don’t,” Amber told him kissing his lips. “I just want to talk to my doctor first… besides we just made up today.”

“I totally understand,” Alex repeated as he picked her up and walked her to their bed. He did and he knew she was right but hey he was a guy.

“I’m hungry,” Amber giggled as she plopped on the oversized bed.

“What are you hungry for?” Alex asked plopping beside her.

“Pizza,” Amber said her mouth salivating just as she thought about it. “With lots and lots of pepperoni!” she said excited.

“Very nice choice,” Alex said pulling out his phone.

“Oooh with the stuffed crust…” she said before he dialed.

“I guess that means Pizza Hut it is.” He smiled at her and dialed the number.
Chapter 33 by summer03
“Thank you for taking me to the store,” Amber told her husband as she poured the seven up into a glass. She then finished preparing her red raspberry leaf tea; she smiled when she saw her husband watching her carefully.

“So why are you preparing yourself some tea if you just finished pouring yourself some seven up.” He asked as he took a cracker from the little plate she had just prepared.

She smiled at him and sighed, “Well actually the seven up is for later in the morning actually with the crackers.” She told him playfully slapping his hand. “The tea is for now, I just had pizza… if I don’t drink this I will be sick all morning. But to make sure I don’t get to bad of a morning sickness Dr. Flowers told me about the seven up and crackers in the morning.” She told him.

“Dr. Flowers?” he asked smiling at her.

“Yes, she is a great doctor and her natural remedies have helped me so much.” She told him as she finally took a sip of her raspberry tea.

“So when is your next appointment? I want to go,” he asked as her as he snatched another cracker from her plate. He gave her a goofy mischievous smile, making her laugh.

“The day after tomorrow.” She told him chunking him a cracker.

********

Amber moaned as she heard the alarm and with closed eyes searched for the snooze button. But she knew that if she didn’t get up and eat her crackers and flat seven up she was going to regret it. So she fumbled with the blanket and Alex’s arm that seemed to have her in a lock. “Alex let me go,” she told him shaking him slightly.

“No its to early for you to be up and I want you here by me.” He told her tightening his grip on her.

“Ok so you don’t mind if I barf on you then?” she told him a smile playing on her lips and she laughed when she felt his arm loosen and she freed herself.

“Ok but come right back… after you brush your teeth.” He mumbled more asleep than awake.

She laughed as she looked at the glass of seven up and gulped it down with company of the crackers. As soon as she was finished she snuck back into the bed and wrapped her arms around Alex. She could see herself with him forever. She smiled when she felt his fingers intertwine with hers and he pulled her closer to him…

*******

“Good morning,” Amber said as she put some toast on a plate and handed it to him.

“How long have you been up?” He asked yawning as he gladly took the toast.

“Only a half hour before you, with no morning sickness thanks to the seven up and crackers.” She told him as she took a drink of her raspberry tea. “Normally I would make you a better breakfast but if I tried to right now I would be barfing like crazy. Sorry it’s your fault you knocked me up!” she told him giving him a kiss on the cheek.

“I sure did but it takes two to tango,” he told her as he watched her grab her purse. “Where are you going?”

“Work,” she told him.

“You expect me to allow you to work while I stay at home? Isn’t it the other way around?” he asked her as he took a bit of his toast.

“Well find yourself a job,” she told him giggling. “I just want to feel useful and I like my job so far… you are still the man of the house and of my heart.” She told him as she walked up to him and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Ok but at the first symptom of stress you are quitting.” He told her wrapping his arms around her. “Do you need a ride?” he asked her.

“No my friend is picking me up actually. She is my boss’s daughter, she is so cool. You know my mom called me this morning to tell me to call her because she did not care what had happened between my dad and me she still wanted to be my friend.” She told him happily.

“Ok what time are you coming back from work my wife?” he asked her.

“Around fourish?” she said before kissing him.

“Ok I will try to have dinner ready.” He told her in a feminine voice. “by the way my mother is coming over this weekend.”

Amber was laughing at him and then she nodded, “Ok I think she is here I have to go. Bye.”

*******

“I am happy for you,” Madeleine said as she walked with Amber to in the office.

“thank you,” Amber said smiling at her. “He really is a sweet guy and I know dad will come around once he realizes he is a hard working guy.”

“I am sure he will, so how did you two meet again?” Madeleine asked as she followed Amber to the reception area.

“Well it’s a long story but it’s so romantic,” Amber said blushing as she remembered her first encounter with her husband. He was supposed to be this thief but instead he was a heart bandit… her heart bandit.

“Mady,” Mr. Cox said walking out of his office. “Come here we need to talk.”

“During lunch we’ll talk more,” Madeleine said winking at Amber before walking to her father.

******

“NO you tell her then and if you fire her… I quit!” Madeleine screamed as she walked out of Mr. Cox’s office fuming.

Amber was startled by her actions and that’s when she spotted Mr. Cox coming toward her. “Is Madeleine ok?” she asked him.

“Yeah she is just a little stubborn sometimes.” Mr. Cox told Amber as he took out his handkerchief and wiped his forehead. “Listen Amber we need to talk, after analyzing your work the company has decided that we are looking for someone a little different…” he stopped talking when Amber stood up and raised her hand to stop him from talking.

“No… please don’t I should have known dad would call you. Mr. Cox it’s a shame you have the same closed mind as my father, and don’t worry no need to fire me I quit.” Amber said grabbing her purse trying not to cry.

“Amber let’s go!” Madeleine said walking out of her office with a box in hand. “I can’t work for a man that is prejudice and a push over!”

Amber smiled at Madeleine, “Madeleine you shouldn’t have done this. I totally understand and he is your father…” she told her as she faced her.

“No he was my father! I am so ashamed of this and I warned he still decided to fire you I am quitting. So lets get out of here.”

Amber sighed but followed Madeleine out of the office. “I am so sorry you shouldn’t have.” She whispered as they walked to her car.

“You would’ve done it for me right?” she asked her.

“Yeah of course…” Amber said smiling at her. “Need help?”

“No I am good so how about we head for some shopping and food. Oh North Park Mall what do you say? You could also catch me up on how you met Mr. Right.”

Amber laughed and nodded, “Ok just cause I need to think before I break the news to my hubby.”
End Notes:
hehe, I have a little bit more drama coming up but yes this story is wrapping up soon. Enjoy and like always feedback is appreciated. :)
Chapter 34 by summer03
****Four Months Later****

“My back is killing me!” Amber said as she tried to stand up.

“Here honey I go it.” Denise said as she took the glass from her hand.

“Thank you Denise, but I need to stand up and walk around anyway.” Amber said as she let Denise help her up. “I can’t believe I am carrying twins.

“I think it’s a blessing,” Denise smiling and rubbing her stomach. “Do you want to go for a walk to the mall?”

“I think I’d like to go to a Chinese buffet first.” Amber blushed as she felt hunger again. “I am eating like crazy.”

“Ok I am up for Chinese food then we can go to the store or some more Halloween decorations. “I want this Halloween is to be one of the best since it will be your first.”

Amber smiled, “I’d like that,” she felt a pang in her heart though knowing that all this happiness did have a sour note. Only Tim was talking to her and it was in secret hiding from her parents. What hurt her more was that her mother had sounded very sincere but yet she had again fallen under her father’s hands?

*********

“I actually look like a pumpkin,” Amber said as she saw herself on the mirror. She had on a pumpkin outfit that Alex had chosen for her.

“My pumpkin,” Alex said as he caressed her belly.

“I like it so far not much choices when you’re as big as a killer whale.” Amber said as she adjusted the hat on her head.

“Good then I will be the eggplant,” Alex said as he took the outfit. “You know in the same category… food slash veggie.”

Amber laughed, “I want to see how you will look like in an eggplant outfit. I can’t believe there is an eggplant outfit,” she finished.

“How do I look?” Denise said as she came out of the dressing rooms dressed as a witch a big fake mole on her nose and all.

“Like a witch,” Alex said grinning at her. “What do you think of my pumpkin?” he asked as he pointed to Amber.

“She is a very cute pregnant pumpkin.” Denise said as she looked at Amber.

“Alex is going to be an eggplant.” Amber said as she laughed.

“A what?” Denise asked a little baffled.

“An eggplant,” Alex said flashing his outfit.

******

“What happened to the bags of skittles?” Alex as he refilled the trays with candy to give out.

“I don’t know,” Amber said as she hid a bag behind her back. “Ok guilty I’ve been sort of eating the little bags during the last two days. I couldn’t help it, it seems the babies like them too.” She blushed a little and smiled at Alex.

“Ok no more sugar for you for the rest of your pregnancy. Remember Dr. Flowers said you had to watch what you ate.” He told her no being able to keep a straight face. “So are you ready to give more candy out?”

“Yeah,” Amber said and then smiled. “Hey Alex do you think that by next year we will be able to take out kids out trick or treating?”

“They won’t be old enough yet, but who knows maybe. Do you regret not wanting to know the sex of the babies?” Alex asked nonchalantly.

“No I am glad we are going to be surprised.” Amber said just before a knock was heard.

“TRICK OR TREAT!”

Amber laughed as she happily handed out candy. “I like your butterfly outfit.” She told a little girl.

“I still like your outfit the most,” Alex said as to her as she closed the door. “Really I don’t look fat?”

“You look like a perfect round pumpkin, I want make you my personal pie,” He said wiggling his eyebrows.

Amber laughed, “I like that very purple eggplant outfit too.”

******

“Happy birthday to you… happy birthday to you my dear Amber… happy birthday to you.” Alex sang as he lit the candle on the cupcake.

Amber opened her eyes and gasped as she saw Alex with a cupcake coming into the room they shared. That’s right her birthday was only a two days later after Halloween “Awe is that for me?”

“Yes you’re the birthday girl.” Alex said as he handed her the cupcake. “Make a wish and blow the candle.” He ordered as she sat up.

“I… I thank you.” She told him getting reared eyed. “I have never had a birthday cupcake.”

“I know but today is your first of many where I will bake you a cupcake.” Alex said kissing her forehead. “Well more like buy you a cupcake.”

“I love you.” Amber said as she closed her eyes and made a wish. She blew the candle and then she licked the very tasty icing on the cupcake. “Very good.” She took a small bite.

“Well don’t get to attached my mom and you are going shopping. She is going to buy you whatever you want its going to be your birthday day out.” Alex said.

“What about you?” Amber asked a little confused.

“Well I have to go to work but I will be back to go out to a nice dinner tonight I promise.” He said giving her a sensitive look.

******

“I can’t believe we shopped so much.” Amber said as she opened the apartment door. “Oh my god!” she said when she saw Alex holding a birthday cake.

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”

She felt like crying when she saw her friend Madeleine, her brother Tim and a couple of neighbors she had befriended. “Thank you,” She managed to say.

“Happy birthday sweetie.” Denise said hugging her before everyone began to sing to her.

“This is the birthday I ever had,” she choked out before she blew her candles.
Chapter 35 by summer03
***A couple of Months later***

“I’m sorry you had to spend New Years in bed.” Alex told Amber.

“I am too but I still had fun even if all I drank was grape juice.” She told him as he leaned in and kissed her.

“Only six more weeks’ babe and then we will have our babies.” Alex sighed as he rubbed her belly.

Amber got teary eyed as she heard Alex. She still hadn’t received one visit from her mother or a call. “Yeah,” she said as she wiped her eyes.

“What’s wrong sweetie?” Alex asked as he kissed her.

“I just…I just wish my mother would be here with me not that I don’t love Denise but she is my mom.” Amber said as she rubbed her swollen stomach.

“I’m sorry I wish there was something I could do.”

********

“Alex?” Tim said in surprise as he saw his brother in law standing there. “Is my sister ok?”

“Yeah she is on bed rest but she is good. I am here actually because I wanted to talk to your parents are they here?” Alex said as he wiped his sweat palms on his pants.

“They are not here there at a charity event. Is there something I can you with?” Tim asked.

“No you’ve been the best brother Amber could have. I know she really appreciates you sneaking over to see her. But she is not completely happy… you and I know why. I can’t believe your mother is so cold, how can she do that to her own flesh and blood?” he asked in frustration.

Tim sighed and bit his lip, “I know and understand where you come from. I am not trying to defend my mother with this but you don’t understand that to her and dad Amber did the worst thing ever. She has shunned herself, I know that to you that is nothing but in the world we grew up in it’s a big deal. Like I said I am not excusing her or my father especially my father….” He sighed again and spoke, “But of one thing I have been witness to is my mother is breaking under my father’s ridiculous rules. She will break soon I have a feeling she will.”

Alex snickered at Tim’s words. “Your right I don’t know anything about your cult or whatever it is but I know that those babies Amber is carrying… I have come to love them so much I would do anything for them. So I can’t imagine how your father can be so cruel… and maybe your right your mother might break soon. But just maybe it will be to late for her to try and win Amber back. You tell her that for me. I have to go.” Alex said walking away feeling worse than he had when he has seen his wife cry earlier.

*******

“I just need to go to the restroom.” Amber assured Denise as she began the walk toward the restroom. “Ouch,” said as she bent with the sudden pain on her lower stomach.

“What is it honey?” Denise asked concerned as she walked toward her.

“I’m fine really I guess all this bed rest is making me achy that’s all.” Amber said as she tried to hide the pain that she continued to feel.

“Sweetie you don’t look to good. I’ve been reading on twin pregnancies and I am aware of premature labor. Are you in labor Amber?”

“No, I can’t be I am going to go full term.” Amber said giving her a smiled. She began to walk toward the restroom again. “Just get me a glass of water so when I come out ok?”

“You sure?” Denise asked still worried

“Yes I am positive.” She said as she bit her lip to try and not scream when she felt another sharp pain. “Ok maybe I do need to go to the doctor.” She finally said as she began to cry.

“I’ll get an ambulance,” Denise said as she ran to get a phone. “Everything will be fine sweetie.”

“where’s Alex?” she asked as she tried to walk back to the bed. “I need Alex.”

“He had to go to his job it was urgent he should be back soon.” Denise lied as she regretted letting her son leave to try and talk sense to Amber’s family. Now he was gone and Amber was in pain.

“I can’t be in labor Denise, I still have six weeks.” Amber said with tears of pain. She wanted to go full term with her babies. She felt another pain hit her and the sirens of an ambulance as well.

“They are here sweetie,” Denise said as she grabbed a pad to jot down a note for Alex. “I’ll make sure Alex meets us there.”

After that it was all in a rush how the paramedics put her in the gurney and now she was in the ambulance getting her pressure checked. Denise sat quietly, it looked like she was praying.

“Her blood pressure is dropping!”

“IS she ok?” Denise asked as she saw Amber close her eyes and suddenly the machines around began to beep differently. “Please tell me is she ok?” She begged one of the paramedics but they seemed to busy to answer.

*******

Alex walked into the apartment and felt awkward. “Mom? Amber?” he asked as he rushed to the room where Amber stayed it was empty. He did not like this at all as he walked out he saw the paper on stuck on the door…..

Amber is in labor, we were taken by ambulance to Baylor. Hurry she’s been asking for you.

Mom.

He didn’t wait long and stormed back out the apartment on a mission to get the hospital fast. “I’m going to be a dad.” He said to himself as he sped down the street. He was glad Baylor was not far from where they lived. He just hoped everything would be fine… he smiled as he wondered what he would have, two girls, two boys, or maybe one of each. That sounded nice but he knew whatever he got he was going to love them the same.

A short ride later he was parking at Baylor. He hated hospitals but at this point he didn’t care about what he liked he was here because his wife was in there giving him the best gift ever and he was definitely not going to be like his father… he was going to prove that he was nothing like his father…
Chapter 36 by summer03
Denise waited as patiently as she could for her son and daughter in law. The hospital was cold and she hated every minute she waited, she was startled when she saw who approached her. “Tim,” she gave him a smile and only nodded as she saw her mother and younger sister with him.

“How is she doing?” Tim asked not even bothering to introduce his mother. She had finally broken when she had heard the call to him about Amber being in labor.

“I haven’t heard anything yet she is in the delivery room with Alex.” She said sighing heavily.

Tim sighed as well as he took a seat next to her and then spoke, “I’m going to be an uncle.”

Denise didn’t have much time to say anything because all of a sudden Alex was out and very angry. “I want to be with her!” he was yelling to the two nurses that had taken him out.

“Alex what’s wrong?” Denise asked worried as he saw his son…he looked horrible.

“I don’t know much all I remember is seeing one baby being handed to a nurse as the other came out. We had two boys…then suddenly everything went wrong. All they said before they took me out was postpartum hemorrhaging. She just closed her eyes and then all these nurses were around her…” he sobbed as he hugged his mother. That’s when he spotted her…

“What is she doing here?” he asked pulling away.

“She’s my daughter.” Adele said with tears in her eyes.

“Really?” Alex said sarcastically… “Isn’t it too late? She needed you and you weren’t there, now you think is right for you to be here?” he said taking his anger and anguish on her. He sort of blamed her.

********

Alex kissed Amber’s hand as he held it in his. She was still asleep… she still had to wake up. He was just glad they were able to save her… “She’ll be fine,” Denise told her son as she came into the room.

“I just saw the boys there beautiful.” She said smiling a little. “So tiny though. Maybe you should go see them, Dr. Richardson said Amber would be out for a few more hours. That way you can describe to her how they look.”

Alex sighed and looked at his mother, she was right but he also did not want to leave her side. “Ok,” he stood up and kissed her forehead.

He walked out and was startled to still see Adele there. “I don’t think you should be here.” He told her bluntly as he saw the face Tim made.

“Alex,” Tim said… “You and I both know that Amber will be happy to see her. She is sorry for the way she acted… don’t act like she once did.”

Alex swallowed hard but he knew Tim was right, “Fine but at any sign that Amber does not like her company you’re out of here.” He said walking away taking the elevator to neonatal.

******

“I’m fine mom… thanks for being here it means the world to me.” Amber said as she stared at her mother.

“I love sweetheart always have…I’m so sorry.” Adele said as she wiped away the tears.

“I know, now I know Alex is giving us space for us to talk. But I really want to see him now.” Amber said smiling up at her. “Can you call him in?”

“Yeah.” Adele said kissing her daughter’s forehead before leaving. She walked out and looked at Alex who was busy picking at his fingers probably a habit. “She wants to see you.”

Alex didn’t wait to be told twice he walked in and smiled as he saw her. “Hey princess.”

“Hi,” Amber said smiling at him. “I love you.”

“Not as much as me.” Alex said as he took a seat beside her. “Thank you.”

Amber gave him a curious face as she reached for his hand which he gladly extended. “For what?” she asked.

“For giving me two beautiful boys and for staying here with me.” He said kissing her hand.

“I hope they have your eyes.” Amber said giving his hand a squeeze.

“No they are better off with your features. They will both become a ladies man.” He said chuckling.

“Exactly your eyes are what got me… I was hooked when I stared into them.” She told him in a whisper.

“One and one then.” Alex said.

“Ok,” Amber said a smile on her face. “I am so happy right now, I have my boys, you and my mother back. Now if only my father would…” she stopped herself this was not the time for that. “I am happy.” She said instead.

“Names we need names. What are we going to name them?” Alex said changing the subject to a much better one.

“I like Horatio,” she said only to laugh at Alex’s face. “Kidding.”
End Notes:
ok here is the next chapter I would love feedback
Epilogue... by summer03
“Shhh…” Amber said as Alex snuck into the nursery.

“How long have you been up?” He asked in a hushed tone.

“I just fed Ayden… I can’t believe they are finally home and out of the incubator breathing on there own.” She kissed his little forehead.

“Allen is still sleeping?” Alex asked as he checked on his other son.

“Yeah…” Amber said.

“They are so beautiful and it looks like they have your eyes.” He said as Allen finally opened is eyes and began to move. “I think he’s hungry.”

“Oh, here take Ayden.” Amber said handing him over to him and going for Allen.

“Mom says we’re going to hope they were still in the hospital when we can’t sleep.” Alex chuckled as he rocked Ayden in his arms.

“My mom said the same thing. Maybe there right but right now I am loving every second of it.” Amber said as she began to feed Allen.

“I guess it’s because we’ve only had them home for two days.”

*******

A month later…

“I got it,” Alex said as Amber continued to rock a crying Ayden. Alex opened the door to his apartment and tensed when he saw who was standing there.

“Alex,” Mr. Walker said as he peeked in.

“What can I do for you…” Alex said tensed as he turned to look back Amber was still not in the living room and he could hear Ayden still crying.

“I know you think I don’t deserve to be here… I know I haven’t been the best father. But…I have come to my senses. Can I please speak to Amber?” he asked.

“I don’t know if she wants to.” He said.

“Who is it?” Amber asked as she came out with Ayden and Denise with Allen. “Daddy?” she said in surprise.

“Amber I am so sorry…” he said.

“He wants to talk to you…” Alex said looking at his wife.

“Uhm ok… here take Ayden.” She said handing her son to him and walking into the hall with her father.

“Amber…” Mr. Walker said swallowing his pride.

“Dad why are you here? Are you just trying to get me to tell mom to take you back? Mom is not the same dad she is over being manipulated by you…” Amber said in a pained voice. She really hoped it wasn’t that the reason he was there.

“Well no not only that…” he said staring at her. “I really am sorry for the way I treated you when I found about your husband. I know you don’t see it my way but I really did keep you away for a reason… I know I might have been a little to harsh at times. I know you must hate me now but I’ve always loved you and when your mother showed me the pictures of your babies… I realized just how blessed I am and I was loosing it all because of my pride and need to please other people.” He began to wipe the tears the slid down his face. “I’m sorry and I want to have a chance to be a part of my grandkids and you again. I know it’s hard to just tell you to forget my actions but I hope you can at least try.”

Amber was crying and then she hugged her dad, “Oh daddy I have nothing to forgive you… I’m just glad I have you back. Now come on I want to present to you Ayden and Allen the joy of my life.”

*******

“That smells good,” Alex said as he watched his mother in law pull the cake out of the oven.

“It’s to die for… Amber’s favorite.” Adele said as she put aside. “Well while it cools let go outside with the rest of the family.”

“Yeah good idea… I hope we can take the babies away from Mr. Walker.” Alex said laughing.

“The burgers are almost done,” Tim said from the grill.

“Where’s Amber?” Alex asked as he realized she was not outside with the family.

“She went inside just a couple of minutes ago.” Denise said from the hammock she lay in. “The food is smelling fantastic Tim.”

“I’ll be right back,” Alex said walking back inside the house. “Amber?” he called out and smiled when he heard Amber’s laugh.

He found her in her room with her little sister. “I want to have a real baby.” He chuckled as he heard her little sister.

“Natalie you don’t really want to have a baby yet… you’re only eleven. Tell you what I will let you come over one day and you can be in charge of both of my boys if you can handle them I will personally represent your case to mom and dad.” Amber said with a chuckle.

“OK so if I can handle them your will help me convince mom and dad that I can have a baby of my own?” She asked.

Alex began to laugh… “I doubt you can handle Ayden and Allen Nat, they are a handful.”

“I can too; I take care of my doll very well. I have to go tell mom I am going to go spend the night at your house!” she gushed as she ran out.

“She wants a baby!” Amber said wide eyed.

“I highly doubt it when she spends a day with our two boys.” Alex said chuckling as he closed the door to her room.

“What are you doing?” Amber said arching her eyebrow.

“Shhh wait listen.” Alex said putting a finger to his mouth.

“What?” Amber said as she listened but didn’t hear a thing. “I don’t hear a thing.”

“Exactly.” Alex said plopping on the bed and closing his eyes. “Perfect for a nap. I totally understand mom now.”

Amber chuckled as she plopped beside him. “Oh the bed is nice and comfortable.” She said as she cuddled next to him. She laughed when she felt him shift and was now on top of her.

He smiled at her… “As tempting as this position is right now…” he said as he kissed her softly then more ardent; “this is a perfect time for a nap.” He said after breaking the kiss. He lay back down beside her.

A few minutes later they were both fast asleep… Denise smiled as she found them. They really made cute couple and she was happy for them. It seemed they had finally found happiness complete happiness.

She still wondered how they met… every time they were asked they found a way to change the subject… but one day she would find out.

********

“Please can I take it off now?” Amber asked as she smiled.

“Not yet…” Alex said as he helped through the parking lot of there apartment complex. “Ok now!” he said letting go of her hands.

Amber took off her blind fold and gasped when she saw the RV with a big red bow. “WOW… what is that for?” She asked.

“Well I got a really good deal and since I haven’t forgotten about your list… I plan to use for our traveling…” he said with a smile.

“But the babies?” Amber said.

“Sweetie we’re not leaving today… we’ll wait till there a little bit older. For now this is going to be parked at your dad’s” he said as he opened the door to the RV. “Now come on I have to give you the tour.”

Amber laughed and followed him in. “Wow it’s spacious.”

“Well with twins I figured we’d need room.” He said as he took a seat on the couch.

“I love you.” Amber said as she sat on his legs and kissed him.

“I love you too…” he kissed her back passionately. “Imagine the adventures we’ll have.”

Amber laughed… “Well my favorite adventure will still be the one that led me to you.”

***The End***
End Notes:
Finally its done. I hope to get more than one review. I know there has been more then one person reading this... so please at least give me you opinion on the finale... :)

Oh I also have to thank Krystle for her help with my writer's block. Thank you girlie... *hugs Krystle*
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9968