- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
~* sorry so long, I really hope you like it. If you do please reply as I will try to update more often.
Nick chuckled to himself at Keira's last statement. " The name is Nick"

He hated giving out his last name especially if he didn't have too. Nick stuck his hand out for her to shake, she accepted and smiled showing off her dimples and pearly whites.

"Well, its nice to officially meet you. You must be the nick Brian and Leighanne are always going on about."

Keria closed her eyes again she was getting a killer headache, the bright lights in the hallway were not helping any. The lights seemed to be reflecting off the shiny marble floor. It almost looked like you were walking on glass. She even found herself walking lighter on her feet almost tip-toeing as to not fall through and shatter the glass into a million and one pieces.

Nick noticed her expression and shook his head and laughed "you know, you should try being hung over, and dancing your ass off under a bunch of bright lights, and screaming girls.

Keria laughed out loud a little to loud as they were walking past the auction doors. As she noticed all eyes were diverted to them if only just a moment to see what the commotion was.

"So, that's where I know you from Chip and Dales." Keira said a little more quieter using her indoor voice, as Brent would say apparently she was an embarrassment.

Nicks heart jumped for a minute 'does she really not know who I am' if only for a moment he wasn't sure if it bothered him it happened more often than not now, people not recognizing him. As much as it was a very humble experience, It wasn't always that comforting. He found himself wondering more often than not, was his career as a backstreet boy close to over, was this going to be one of their last tours.

The only thing that humbled him was knowing that for once in his life he was in a great place he was getting along with his family, he was no longer into the party scene and he has a girlfriend that he loves very much. As people and Brothers the backstreet boys had a stronger connection than ever.

All of those elements .combined together is the reason he sleeps amazing at night, he used to have anxiety attacks in his sleep nightmares about backstreet boys ending and being alone, just another washed up boy band that will eventually be played in a pop up video years down the road.

Nick was taken away from his day dream with a hand being waved in his face " Nick where did you go?"

He shook his head and said something smart "Yea well if you know me from their I know from Candy-Licks on 6th Avenue."

Keria laughed " Yea, I guess well I have done 2 Shows a night since I was 17 their. " Keria smiled, boy did it feel good to smile for more than a few moments.

" Seriously you go on the road with Brian right, what are you guys are into like stocks or something?

Nick rolled his eyes " Two shows a night, huh? Well seriously Keira its something like that, you seem to Leighanne you really don't know what we do for a living?"

Keria pursed her pouty lips together stopping for a moment taking off he shoes, she really wasn't a stiletto boot type of girl. Especially feeling a little tipsy, her equiliberium was a little off, she pulled nicks hand so he would stop walking so she could lean on him, so she could take her boots off. So she would finally be able to feel her painfully swollen toes.

Nick didn't stop quick enough she lost her balance and fell to her knees, with keria holding onto his pants in a area, well i think you get the picture.

"Uhh, im so sorry nick, see i'm such a klutz. This is why I don't get drunk in public." Keria laughed as nick extended his hand for her to get up for the 2nd time in a very brief meeting."

"Don't worry about it, its fine im sure if the press got wind of it they would have a field day, and Lauren would kill me. Im not worried"

Just then Nick turned his head to look the other way, just in case some media was here filming, or local news papers were around they loved to be at charity events.

"Keria, what the hell are you doing are you deliberately trying to ruin me. Showing up here drunk, flirting the 'Cute' Backstreet boy. You show up here drunk and you look like you should be standing on the corner begging for drugs and someone to fuck you."

Keria glared " You, jackass I fell and Nick here helped me up it was purely innocent and as for my attire. I just want a divorce and im drunk because you make me feel so god damn miserable. And you make me feel like a prisoner, in my own body, in my own home. I want out and you fucking threaten me you wanted one last event Brent and your going to get your fucking event." Keria shook and turned red, looking like someone close to having an anxiety attack.

"Do you not care about anyone but yourself Keria, this is our money."

"No Brent I already told you I would rather live in a cardboard box than live with you, so do you still need me, or am I an embarrassment."

Keira glared and by now was standing up and in his face. " No Keria, You are always an embarrassment but the public loves you, and I together. So we have to make them happy."

Keria shook her head " If im such a embarrassment, than why do you need me set me free." Keria screamed through clenched teeth.

"Because I will bring you down with me their are things you know about, that if they got out would ruin you and your family you love so much."

Keria slid down the wall and put her head in her hands " Brent, you wouldn't?"

"I would so were not done until it can be explained properly." Brent turned on his heels.

"So get yourself composed and stop crying. Make yourself beautiful and come and dazzle, precious."

That was that, Brent the storm was gone.

Keira sniffed "you wanted to know why I Drink...You are a stranger, that knows the most about me and my life."

"Im so sorry Keria I wanted to say something" nick slid down the wall with her "You know if you need a friend im here right, or you need a place to stay.

"Nick, I hardly know you. I am a big girl i'm fine besides I do really well living a lie." Keria stood up and pulled her skirt down a little. I thought if I was the image that would ruin him, he would set me free Keria shook her head and limped away.

Keira sighed "Nick it was very nice meeting you, but the show must go on." keria winked.

Nick got up and jogged after her " Its going to kill you living a lie you know. It can really break you down."

Keria smiled " Thank you for caring, but you can't break whats already broken."

With that Keria vanished like ghost and nick saw her periodically through the night. He heard the whispers of people as they talked badly about her attire, he watched her from across the room. He wanted to help her but didn't know how, Somehow he was going to try.
Chapter End Notes:
please read and review