- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Ok I had put this story down but here it is back up... Hope you enjoy.
[Spring of year 1819]

“Papa!” little Julia said as she ran to barouche that brought home her father from London.

Mr. Carter stepped out of his carriage and caught little Julia in his arms. “My sweet Julia how have you behaved? I hope you mother and governess have nothing horrid to tell me about you. I have not forgotten about your gift and happy late birthday.” He told her daughter as he gladly gave her a beautiful puppy.

“Oh father thank you so much, I will take good care of him.” she told him as she took the puppy in her hands.

“I do hope so my dear, so what will you name the poor thing?” he asked.

“I will name him, Percy. Yes Percy sounds good; I should go show it to Elizabeth and Roberta.” With that Julia left her father in search of her older sisters.

“Finally you’ve come home my dear,” Mrs. Carter said as she walked up to her husband.

“Yes and I will be here for quite sometime. Nicholas sends you the warmest of the hugs and told me to tell you he misses you.”

“Oh our poor son has not come back with you?” said a sad Mrs. Carter.

“I’m afraid not but he is in good hands with my sister in London. He will learn much from his cousins. Now come on I yearn to see the rest of my family.”

*******

[Spring of 1820]

A year older now at seventeen little Julia looked gorgeous. Being the youngest of the family she had much more liberty. She was actually a little concerned with the fact that her sister Roberta was to marry a certain Mr. Crawford from Manscourt Field.

She knew he was of good fortune and an heir of four pounds a year, yet she also knew Roberta had only met him once in a ball. Now here she about to marry him, her father of course had a lot do with such decision. She also had to worry about the grand ball that was going to take place at her home, Bayshore Court. The only thing good about the ball was the return of her brother Nicholas Carter the heir of her father’s fortune. Little did she know what was coming her way with his return?

“Miss Carter, your father is looking for you,” Lady Sudbury told the young girl that was entertained in the garden with her new best friend Percy.

“Coming Lady Sudbury,” Julia told her governess. “Come on Percy lets go see what my father wants.” She ran down the path up to the main entrance of her home, “I’m here father,” Julia answered as she entered the living room where the rest of her family already waited.

“Glad you finally joined Julia.” Mr. Carter said as he smiled at his young daughter. “Now I have gathered you all here to share with you the great news from Nicholas. He shares with us that he will arrive in an exactly three days with his cousin Howard Dorough and his close friend Sir Alexander McLean, according to Nicholas Sir Mclean has just returned from France. But that’s not all they plan to stay here till the fall, we shall give them all a warm welcome, shall we not?” Mr. Carter told his family.