- Text Size +
Dear Julia,

By the time you receive this letter I will be on my way to Bayshore alone. Father has left with my husband to Bath. They have forced Sir Lucas to go and marry the poor girl. I cannot believe he has such heart. I am glad that Nicholas did not trust him and did what he did. I shall arrive by Friday… In time to help mother with Nicholas’s wedding, I am so happy for Nicholas as well. In exactly three weeks he will have a wife. I must go but I cannot wait to see you again.

Roberta Crawford.

Julia smiled at the realization that soon her sister would at Bayshore. She was startled when Angelina walked in with a rush, “Julia may I have a word with you?” Angelina told her as she finally stopped to catch her breath.

“Of course come let’s go into my study room,” Julia told Angelina looking at her with curiosity.

Once in the room Angelina handed her a letter, “here read it its from Mr. McLean,” she told her giving her a smile. “He sure makes you smile Julia,” Angelina told her as she watched her read the letter.

“He won’t come till the wedding; he got caught up in business.” Julia told Angelina with a sad tone. “I guess I shall not worry that is only three weeks away.”

***********

Just like Roberta had said in her letter she arrived a day later, “Julia you look lovely,” Roberta said hugging her younger sister. “You have gotten prettier and you seem to look different in some way…” Roberta said eyeing her sister. “My dear Julia you are in love!”

Julia felt like running as she heard her sister, “No I am not,” she said stuttering.

“Awe poor Julia I do apologize I know how painful it must be since Sir Lucas will no longer marry you. He was quite handsome,” Roberta told her sister.

“I do not nor did I ever have such feelings for Sir Lucas. I always thought he was impudent and awkward.” Julia said anger evident in her voice.

“My Julia why so disgusted by a mere comment of mine? Well if it is not Sir Lucas…someone else has taken your heart.” She eyed her sister and went around her analyzing her.

“I do not know what you are talking about,” Julia said nervously as her sister got a closer look at her.

Roberta chuckled at her sister’s sudden nervousness, “Julia you must know that I will not judge or tell on you. I am actually glad you found love, now are you going to share with me who the fortunate man is?”

********

It had been two days since Roberta’s arrival and Julia had been avoiding her as much as possible. “How dare she insist on me to tell her who I am in love with? What does she know?” she told Percy her fellow companion. She stopped in her tracks when she saw the coach that had just arrived at Bayshore. “Who could that be Percy?” she asked not recognizing it from anyone she knew.

“Lady Julia you are needed back in the house,” one of the servants told her as she reached her in the garden. “Your family from Sussex has arrived.”

“Thank you Louisa,” Julia said heading toward her house. She arrived as her mother was greeting the guest.

“Oh great Julia come meet my sister Isabel Wisely and her son Henry Wisely.” Mrs. Carter told Julia as she curtsied to her sister and nephew.

“Nice to meet you I am Julia,” Julia curtsied and smiled to her aunt.

“Pleasure is all mine Cousin,” Henry said vowing to her and reaching to kiss her hand.

Julia was lost in his blue eyes; she could not deny it she had to admit that her cousin was handsome indeed.

“Well come on in and get settled sister,” Mrs. Carter said smiling at the way her nephew looked at Julia. “Julia show your cousin around the estate, I am sure he will love to see how wonderful Bayshore is.”

Julia cleared her throat and nodded at her mother’s orders, “Mother he might be tired from the trip,” she said smiling at her cousin.

“Well actually I would not mind a little fresh air, a good walk around Bayshore will do.” Henry told her cousin as he extended his arm to take her hand in his.

**********

“Cousin Henry is handsome is he not?” Roberta told Julia as they walked toward the dinning room.

“Roberta please stop you are a married woman,” Julia told her sister a little annoyed by her comments lately.

“I may be married my dear sister but I still have eyes and our cousin is a very agreeable man. Very handsome and I happened to see the way he was looking at you.” Roberta told her sister giving her a slight smile.

“You have to much free time in your hands Roberta, I thought you were here to help with the wedding arrangements. Not to try and find something on me.” Julia told her.

“You do have a courtier Julia…Please tell me who?” Roberta said anxious to get some sort of conformation from her sister.

Julia sighed and gave her sister a small smirk, “I was going to tell you but you are not making it easy dear sister, so until I see suitable for me to share that information you will have to guess.” Julia told her leaving her and finally entering the dinning room to join her mother and the newly arrived family. Her question was why they had arrived so early if the wedding was not till three weeks.

********

As the wedding preparations continued in Bayshore so did the new friendship between Henry and Julia. Julia actually became quite fond of there friendship, he had lot of knowledge. He was very well versed and he liked to take long walks like she did. But she could never feel more than friendship toward her cousin… Mr. McLean still had her heart.
Chapter End Notes:
ok here are a few more chapters... soon I will have all that I have written back up... please let me know what you think...