- Text Size +
That spring Julia married her beloved Alexander. The wedding was the talk of all London and even Miss Pier and her husband came to the wedding. Julia was exactly nineteen and Mr. McLean eight and twenty when they married.

The wedding was by far one that was talked about even after it was done. My Julia was radiant in her white lace gown as she walked in the arms of her father down the parsonage of Bayshore Court. Mr. McLean wore the most contagious smile as he waited by the priest and there was not one dry eye in the church that day.

Mrs. Carter was glad to have married off all her daughters and now she had the house to herself for most of the time since it was decided that Nicholas and Caroline would stay in London for at least a year. Not that Mrs. Carter would mind Nicholas to live there she adores her son.

I of course was sent to live with them. My Julia could not part without me and I obliged. Her home in Lime was very grandiose suitable for a lady like my Julia. The ocean only made Julia fall more in love with Lime and convinced her husband to move to that estate permanently leaving his London home to his mother.

Exactly three months after there marriage Julia conceived which she was very excited about.

“You have made me the happiest man alive,” Alexander told his wife as he hugged her.

“I am very happy too Alexander and I hope it’s a boy. I want to name him like his father.” Julia said with enthusiasm

“Mother will rejoice when she hears about this. We shall go see her in London to tell her personally.”

“As you wish and I will write to Nicholas and poppa.” Julia said. “It seems little Phillip will have a cousin soon.”

Phillip was Nicholas first son with Alexander’s sister Caroline. Julia was very excited and her world seemed to finally fit in place. She was married to the perfect man. He was much older than her but she did not care he was the most honest and loving husband.

The Carters all seemed to be enjoying a joyful life. Howard and Elizabeth now had an estate in Lime as well and Roberta was also expecting a child. Mrs. Carter and his wife could not be happier seeing all there kids settled with very suitable people.

But of course for Mr. Carter Julia had been the one to be best suited. He could not have picked a better husband for her and he could not believe he had at one point tried to marry her to such a horrible man as Sir Lucas. No one could destroy the happiness this big family now enjoyed.

********

Julia had to be bedridden when it was confirmed she did not carry one child but two. Alexander kept to her side unless it was of most importance for him to leave. Julia was very grateful for that and knew then that Alexander was her other half.

At exactly eight months in half Julia gave birth to a healthy little boy and a little girl. Alexander James and Mary Jane McLean, they became the pride of Manscourt there estate in Lime.

Everything seemed to march very well and after a very much needed rest Manscourt was preparing or its first ball in honor of the joy both Alexander and Julia felt toward there children.

Everyone was invited from friends to friends of friends. At one point Julia worried for she had heard that even the prince would show up. Of course that was just rumor and soon she was at easy.

“Make sure that the curtains look presentable,” Julia demanded to her servants as she walked with her daughter in her arms while Mrs. Sudbury held little Alexander.

“I hope nothing goes wrong in this ball.” Julia told her governess and now very close friend.

“You have nothing to worry about Miss Julia this ball will be flawless I can assure you.”

“I hope so Alexander’s mother is soon to arrive.” Julia said as she eyed her home it was a very organized place but she had to make sure that for this ball it looked perfect.

*****

I would have given anything for the happiness that once filled Manscourt would stay but to everyone’s surprise god had other plans for the owners of such wonderful estate.

A tragedy was about to happen and steal away the happiness and joy of the masters of the house. A tragedy that marked the heart of one of them and silenced the heart of the other…
Chapter End Notes:
Ok... I hope you like this because the next chapter is the finale...hehe. I would love to see some feedback on this one. well if anyone is reading it. Lol. enjoy!