- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
keep in mind this is my first try at a fanfic so don't be to harsh on me it is COMPLETELY fictional
Nick sat on the edge of the bed the past coming back to him all at once. He loved her how could she have done this to him? He remembered the day they had all met years ago now. She had been young and beautiful older then her years and he had been young and naive a complete idiot, but none the less he had fallen in love with her almost from the first moment he has seen her. She was headed to LA to see her Grandfather her father’s father. She had never met either of the two men. Her father had passed before she had ever met him his father had looked for her for years and just now found her. Her mother who had just remarried for the fourth time was headed to Brittan to live with her British husband. It had been her first time on a plane she was excited to meet her grandfather grateful that she still had one having lost the man who had acted as her father for more the 15 yrs. Her smile was kind her eyes told a story of sadness that she had lived more then her nearly 16 yrs would have let on to. She was about 5’3 and not skinny but not obese either she had an air about her that made you want to meet her. She was sweet not a single mean bone in her body. She was even pleasant towards a rather grumpily hung over AJ. And what was more she had no clue who he or the other’s where her niece Alex her brother Alexander William Tibolt Sloan’s daughter sat and laughed at her aunt. He remembered it like it had been yesterday…
“Hey I’m nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys may I ask who you are” nick sat down next to the woman who had caught his eye as he had boarded the plane. Arielle had no clue who he was but she figured she might as well say hi her niece sat next to her with a smile on her face the little five year old seemed to know who he was. “ I’m Arielle Marie Tibolt Sloan. Pleasure to meet you I’m sure.” she answered curtly she had no clue who this stranger was or who he thought he was. “T that’s Nick he sings in the group mama liked.” the little girl had lost her mom and dad all at once she didn’t remember them because she had been a baby at the time but they were talked of often enough that they were as real to Alex as Elmo was. Alex was an only child she was born and shortly afterwards her mother passed away from her battle with cancer shortly after that Arielle’s brother Alex took his life out of grief. Arielle had been the one to find him hanging from the upstairs balcony that day since her brother Alex and Alexandria’s mother Rebecca had named Arielle as Alexandria’s Guardian the courts after much deliberation had named Arielle the sole guardian of the child. At the age of 12 Arielle had raised her niece since no one else in the family wanted the child. Nick smiled down at the little girl “ who are u sweet heart.” Alex smiled at her hero “ I’m Alexandria Arielle Tibolt Sloan I’m your biggest fan. Mommy used to play your song Darlin’ to me at night when I was a baby.” Alex looked so proud as she talked to the celebrity. “Alex sit down and hush up darlin’ I’m sure Mr. Carter doesn’t want to talk to you. I’m sure he has more important things to do.” Arielle didn’t know what to think of Nick he was definitely a bold soul coming right up to her and asking for her name. and talking to little Alex. Arielle didn’t care who he was or what he was a part of she didn’t like his brassiness.
AJ had noticed Arielle’s unease he didn’t know weather it was because she was nervous around some one famous or not. He still wondered why she was flying with them on the private jet. Or why he felt he needed to protect her. “hello sweetheart I’m AJ that’s Nick over there’s Howie” AJ started to introduce every on Brian walked up “I’m Brian and that’s my cousin Kevin over there and we’re the Backstreet Boys” the smile that had been ever growing on Alex’s little face now spread from ear to ear. ”T Look it’s AJ his name is Alex too just like mine and daddy’s was.” Arielle couldn’t help but smile at her nieces excitement. “ pleasure to meet you AJ Brian Howie and Kevin By the Way Nick made sure I knew who he was already.” everyone laughed at that including little Alex. “So if you don’t mind me asking you where are you headed sorry didn’t catch your name Darlin’” Howie got up from his perch and walked over to the small group gathering around Arielle “ “well Howie my name is Arielle Marie Tibolt Sloan. And I’m head to LA to meet my father’s father for the first time he runs a Recording studio there as well as a management firm.” the guys looked at her in shock their boss at the recording studio had told them his granddaughter was coming out to see him the granddaughter his son had refused to believe was his. It had only been one time it couldn’t have happened he had said. “ then your Mark Tibolt’s Granddaughter and this little one would be?” “Alexandria Arielle Tibolt Sloan or we call her Alex for short she was my big brother’s only child until he passed away five years ago.” Arielle did not want to talk about her brother with these strangers. “then she not yours” Kevin asked a little confused. At that moment Alice from the firm her grandfather owned boarded the plane “okay people time to go as soon as Arielle’s Bodyguard gets on.” Alice turned to Arielle “Darlin’ your grandfather ordered you protection since he is a big name he wants to make sure you and Alex are safe. And AJ your mom will be at the airport when we arrive she took an earlier flight.” Arielle sat stunned why would she need a bodyguard no one knew who she was or who she was related to but if this would put her grandfather’s mind at ease she would oblige him. “I’m on sorry got caught up in the metal detector again forgot about my keys in my pocket getting old is not handy at times but don’t you worry dear it doesn’t affect how good I am at what I do and that’s protecting you I’m the head of your grandfather’s security team. Welcome to the family.” Rupert was a pleasant man in his mid thirties early forties and he reminded Arielle of the body guard off of the princess diaries.

Nick remembered the flight it was short and he had worked his damn hardest to try and get her number or to find out where she was going to be staying. Alex worshiped her aunt and well them too. The little girl had sat with Howie and Kevin the whole flight babbling on about what ever came to her mind. Occasionally her aunt would reprimand her telling her to not pester the gentleman. Kevin or Howie would smile back at Arielle and tell her Alex was no bother. Nick had fallen in love with the two girls Arielle love for her niece was quite evident if Arielle hadn’t of told them that Alex was her niece he would have thought them mother and daughter. For what the two of them had been through they had come a long way. Alex’s laughter still rang in his ear. The joy of the child the pure innocents of her laughter still brought joy to his heart. The little girl had him wrapped around his finger from moment one. And her aunt had his heart doing flips. Yes nick was head over heels in love with this woman.