- Text Size +
“Do you remember when we went to camp that one day and went for a walk remember what I told you. That I loved you no matter what was in your past and that you were always welcome and that I would always be there for you.” the voice in Arielle’s head was soft and gentle faded on the edges like a well worn memory but she know it well. She most be dreaming to hear it again. She thought to herself she didn’t want to wake up. She didn’t want it to end she wanted to curl up in his lap and forget what had happened in that long year. But the voice reminded her “ Arielle it isn’t just you now you have Alex to think of you need to go back….” Arielle slow came to again “I think she’s awake” nick still held her he had been the closest to her when she had blacked out he had been there in a instant and had caught her before she hit the cement hard. “Nick I think you can put her down on the couch now” AJ stood there as well watching over her. “Great Grandpa is TT going to be okay she didn’t leave like grandpa earnest did she” the elderly gentle man took Alex in his arms and shook his head at her “ No sweet heart your aunt Arielle was just overwhelmed with everything she’ll be okay.” Kevin came into the room with a glass of cold water “she’s awake I see” everyone looked to Arielle who was watching everyone. “here you go darlin sip it slowly it’ll help. You feeling better now?” Kevin was concerned they all where. Arielle sat up now on the couch where nick finally laid her. “ yes I’m good I think I was just I don’t know all the traveling and the anxiety it just got to me I guess. I’m sorry to have worried you guys any I’ll be fine” Howie moved over to sit on the edge of the couch “ it was jet lag it gets to the most seasoned of travelers don’t worry yourself about a thing.” Mark stood forward handed the child over to Nick and walked over to his granddaughter “ you needn’t be anxious about anything. There’s a room down the hall with a couch that pulls out into a bed why don’t you go down there and get some sleep we can do dinner instead of lunch there’s no hurry we have all the time in the world” Mark saw his son in this child she had her fathers face his very look she had her mouth pursed to look at everyone about to say something and she didn’t know how much like her father she was. And she would never get to know. A pain hit his heart the two people he loved more then anything for he had come to love her before they had truly met just with the phone conversations would never get to meet each other.
“I’m fine Mr. Carter you can put me down and let me walk” Arielle was yelling at Nick he had picked her back up and was headed down the hall to the other room. She was scrambling to get on her feet and Nick was having a hard time holding her “She’s a live wire Nick you think you can handle her or do you need some help” AJ laughed after the two of them. Arielle looked back at AJ “Don’t you dare give him any ideas MR MCLEAN thank you very much and have a nice day. NOW PUT ME DOWN you lug” she was beating on nick’s back now pissed. “I think Aunt Arielle is going to be just fine. Uncle Kevin why won’t Nick listen to her he’s only making it worse she’ll put him in time out if he’s not careful.” as they all broke out laughing the sound of nick screaming could be heard “ you asshole that was my foot” oh yeah it was going to be bliss “well you deserved it I told you to but me down”
Between fits of laughter Kevin coked out “ well looks like love wins again. So my bet is she kills him in a week” AJ piped in his opinion “ No I give it two weeks then they’ll fall head over heels in love with each other blue birds singing in the background happily ever after” Howie smiled through his laughter “well I do see us attending a wedding at some point but she’s a fiery woman I don’t know if he’ll be able to handle her much let alone keep her still” Nick walked back into the bid office where they had all gathered. “she’s a crazy woman what was I thinking” he had a smile on his face as he said this hinting to the fact that he was amused by all that had happened “ she slammed the door in my face and I think she broke my nose.” everyone started laughing again a new. Brian who had sat back and watched the proceedings now chimed in “ well I think we need to keep an eye out for her. Well Mr. Carter I think she won’t forget you. And you don’t call a lady an asshole you nutwut.” nick held his nose feeling it to see if it was broken “ Well she’s no lady she’s all fucking woman” Mr. Tibolt who had been keeping quiet during everything no spoke up “ she gets it from her father we Irish can be a little on the fiery side particularly the females.” alex tugged at Marks suit “grandpa can I go be with aunt Arielle now?” she knelt down next to the little child “ of course you can sweet heart Ms. Alice will take you to her.” Alice came into the room and took the child down the hall. Nick slumped down on the couch “do you really think I got a chance with her. I mean she’s wonderful and I think I’m falling in love with her.” through his chuckling Howie managed to say “ perhaps time will tell but um you might want to be a bit nicer to her next time you lost major points earlier.” Kevin sat down next to Nick on the couch and placed his hand on his knee “Nick if it’s ment to be it will be if not then maybe you’ll have on hell of a friend.” “thanks that helps a lot Kevin…. NOT”
Mr. Tibolt clapped his hands together “okay guys time to get down to business this new Album isn’t going to record it’s self now is it.”

Down the hall way in the room Arielle had pulled out the bed and changed into sweat pants and a tank and had gotten Alex into a pair of Pjs before putting her into the pull out bed and then dozing off herself. She could help but admit it but she was falling in Love with Nick Carter and didn’t know when or where or even why It had happened. Before falling completely asleep Arielle thought to herself she’d wear the dress Rebecca had gotten her for dinner out. Her little black dress it was sleeveless and slumped down in the front and back just so It was simple yet elegant it would work. It would tease the hell out of Nick. Now she just had to hope she remembered to bring her black heeled sandals to wear with it. It would so make him jealous. Damn him call her an asshole and get away with it.