- Text Size +
“you sure you don’t mind watching Alex for me” Arielle ask Denise AJ’s mom had volunteered to watch the little girl so that Arielle the guys and Mr. Tibolt could go to dinner at Mr. Tibolt’s own private winery up in the hills. He had opened a restaurant up there in recent month to share his love of the place with the rich and famous. Because lets face it an ordinary person would be able to afford eating there. “ No problem honey Alex is a sweet heart we’ll get along just fine.” Arielle and Alex now in the big Mansion owned by Mr. Tibolt where getting ready for the night a head. Alex was bouncing around with excitement Mrs. Mclean had promised they’d watch The Fox and The Hound one of the little girl’s favorite movies. She likened herself to Todd the fox. “you look so pretty tonight aunt Arielle Nick will be so jealous as your es estort” Arielle chuckled to herself “Escort Darlin’ yes well… Denise can you hand me the jewelry box over there Mr. Tibolt um I mean Grandpa had it sent up he said it was a gift. And Alice told me it belonged to my grandmother Tibolt.” Denise brought the old wooden box over it was an old fashioned box large and a bit bulky it was line with crush velvet. And when Arielle opened it a necklace bracelet and earring set with hair pins to match fit for the queen of England stared her in the face. “WOW I can’t except this it has to be worth millions” Arielle stared shocked at the gift her grandfather had given her “ It’s worth 2.6 million to be exact and it’s an airlom that ran in my family for years and it’s yours now. No giving it back it deserves to be warn not in some box tucked away in the closet.” Mark walked in “and it suits you nicely here let me help you but it on” the necklace was simple a vine type design with roses made of diamonds and rubies. Emeralds made the leaves. And it was set in an expensive yet exquisite Irish silver. It was breath taking and went well with the simple black dress making Arielle look all the more elegant. Like she might belong in this world of fineries. “ you look Gorgeous Arielle.”

Else where nick was preparing for the night’s festivities. He had gone and rented a Black suite with fine navy blue pin striped with a dark blue dress shirt. Looking himself over in the mirror he thought he looked nice that Arielle would take notice. “Yo Nick did you know Arielle means Lioness of God” AJ was on the computer googling odd things. “that explains a bit she is by all means fierce like a lion” Nick touched his still sore nose. She was all Lioness for sure fiery and wild and she definitely did not like people babying her or spoiling her. He looked at the box on his dresser he had after leaving the tux rental place walked by a jewelry store and saw a necklace in the window it was simple a Celtic cross design on a Irish silver braided chain. It was an antique that looked so beautiful. And why it had reminded him of her he had no clue but on impulse had had gone in and purchased it for her. He had also found a little gold butterfly pendant for Alex. He thought the child might like it. He had never wanted to lavish gifts on anyone like this before. But for as simple a person she claimed herself to be he thought she deserved the better things that she was elegant even in sweats and a tank top he had seen her in when he checked in on her before he had left the studio.
“well it’s now or never Nick lets go pick up Arielle and get this night over with… Hey Howie twenty bucks says she punches him for spending money on her.” AJ was up for some fun and if it was at Nick expense he didn’t care. “I don’t now AJ I think she might like the necklace it’s simple not blah and not expensive It’s perfect” Howie wasn’t into the whole Nick’s got a crush thing he was happy Nick thought he’d found some one but silently hoped that it would work out for the better but he had seen this happen before not every girl on this planet worshiped the Backstreet Boys.

As the Limo pulled up to the mansion Alice went to fetch Arielle from her room. “they’re here Ms. Tibolt time to go” Arielle grabbed her shall and kissed Alex warning her not to stay up late. Checked herself in the mirror and left her room. Nick stood at the bottom of the grand stair case in the front of the house. When he turned around he saw a vision in black. He now knew how jack dawson must have felt when seeing rose for the first time. “Mr. Carter please pick your mouth up off the floor they just cleaned it” Rupert laughed at the young man so taken by his charge. “WOW Arielle you look stunning” Arielle laughed she wasn’t used to the attention. She had pulled her hair up into a elegant bun on the top of her head with the pins in it just so the earrings hung from her ears and the necklace set it all off. She was a divine sight to behold. “thank you Grandpa Tibolt gave me my Grandmother Mira’s Jewelry box with these bobbles in it. Well that’s what he calls them I call the expensive and think they belong in a safe guarded. They are way to much.” Nick met her at the bottom of the stairs and took her gloved hand. “ I hope you don’t mind but I got you and Alex a little something” Nick pulled out the black box from a inner pocket in his jacket. And opened it “ I saw it in the window and thought of you and that you should have it. It’s a Celtic Cross” Arielle gasped it was beautiful breath taking even so simple yet elegant. “ Mr. Carter I would so prefer to wear this Celtic cross to these Diamonds and Rubies. Don’t get me wrong the beautiful but their just not me. Thank you so much” Arielle stepped up on her tiptoes and kissed Nick on his forehead. He was so endearing. “ well I lost that bet” AJ said coming in to find out what was taking so long “and I got this for Alex it’s a simple butterfly but I remember her saying they were her favorites.” Arielle took the small box holding Alex’s necklace and opened it “Aw Nick she’ll love it. You can give it to her tomorrow if you want she’s upstairs watching the Fox and the Hound with Mrs. Mclean” AJ laughed then yelled up the stairs “hey mom another person’s calling you Mrs. Mclean” then he said to Arielle “ it’s Denise darling she prefers to be called by her front name.” Arielle smiled sheepishly “I’m so used to calling my elders Mrs. or Mr. sorry.” Nick took Arielle’s hand “Let’s go your grandfather had a rather nice dinner planned tonight lets not keep him or let it get cold.” AJ held the door open for the two love birds “yes my lady your carriage waits…” Nick opened the limo door for Arielle and she climbed in “and by the way it won’t turn into a pumpkin at midnight either.” as they left the driveway laughter could be heard coming from the limo into the still night air.