- Text Size +
They arrived at the vineyard on time still laughing like a bunch of old friends reunited after a long separation. Mark was glad his granddaughter had found and made friends here. She deserved to be happy after all she had been through she deserved a family again and he planned on giving that to her. Mark was determined to give Arielle all the things she had been denied as a child. He planned on making his son’s mistakes up to her. The last thing Daniel had told him before he passed was he wished he could have made things right and he had asked his father to do what he could not. It had taken mark nearly 6 years to find Arielle and he had hoped and prayed that she could would forgive him and come to understand her father. Arielle had assured him she harbored no hate or malice toward her father. But mark know she had a lot of pain in her heart from her father not wanting her. But Daniel had wanted her he just could take the responsibility of raising a child or of being a father. Mark had always thought he’d have been a great father. “well I see you guys have become fast friends” mark laughed as they all stumbled out of the limo. “yes she’s our unofficial 6th member official little sister” Brian stated as they began to walk to the restaurant Nick took Arielle by the hand “ can you hold back for a bit I want to talk to you.” Arielle was stunned and didn’t know what to say “yes I guess what is it nick” after everyone had gone in nick turned to Arielle “ I want to ask you if we could go out sometime without the guys maybe before a concert I hope you don’t perceive me to be hasty or anything else it’s just that from the moment I first saw you I felt something” Arielle put her hand up and went to cut him off “nick please don’t do this” but nick went on “ no please let me tell you this let me finish. From the moment I first saw you I was taken by you. I nearly fell up the steps to the plane watching you board. Then on the plane watching you with little Alex I was enamored by your love for that little girl and if I’m doing something that you don’t want or approve of let me know and I’ll stop. Damn woman I’d go to hell and back for you” nick leaned over and kissed Arielle as their lips met sparks flow. It was official they were both head over heels in love. Howie came to the door then “you guys coming in anytime soon to join us.” Arielle struggled to compose herself and answered him “ yes Howie we’ll be right in” after Howie went back in Arielle turned back to nick “ just don’t go to fast or expect to much I’ve never had much time for a relationship or a boyfriend before.”

Dinner went by well there was casual conversation followed by jesting about Nick and Arielle dating. From the laughter around the table you’d have thought they where all old friends that they had know each other for years. “waiter we need some wine to celebrate family and friends” Mark raised his glass “and new chances and new beginnings. And to my granddaughter my brave and bold and caring granddaughter who has over come so much.” Nick raised his glass and add “and to love may it find a way.” everyone raised their glasses in unison “here here to love” and the evening began to come to an end. “we’d better be getting you home Arielle it’s getting late and you have a big day tomorrow coming in and listening to us record our new song. And watch nick make a fool of himself” Brian took the napkin from his lap and placed it on his plate pushed back from the table and stood up and stretched “ yes it’s late and we’re all tired”

As they all got into back into the limo to leave Nick pulled Arielle aside and took her by her waste and hugged her to him “I love you and love will always know that and so will you. And I don’t plan on doing anything to hurt you and if that means I have to go slower the a tortuous then I will” he leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead. Arielle smiled up at him “ by the way Nick I like white rose and never send me red ones” Arielle broke away from him and walked back to the limo “and why not any red ones fine then I’ll send you two dozen light pink ones” nick teased her “ you are a smart-aleck” nick laughed “he doesn’t have to try hard” AJ interjected he hadn’t said much all evening he was just there a fly on the wall. “Mr. Daniel would have been proud of you today Ms. Arielle you had dinner and wine and it was as if you had done it all your life.” Arielle cringed at the mention of her father’s name “ I only wish I could have met him when he was alive.” Arielle said Nick watched her he knew she was hurting damn AJ bring it up “ Darlin you would have loved him and he you. Before he died he told us and Mr. Tibolt he had wished he done things differently that he had been there for you. But you can’t change the past what happens, happens and you can’t change it you can only hope to make it better.” Arielle was happy the wine was taking affect on her that it was numbing the pain. Her father had wished to change the past he could have changed it the day she was born but he had walked out of her mother and her life and never looked back never called and never even checked in on her. She had decided years ago to leave the past in the past so that was what she was going to do now. Have fun and finish the night on a high note. Arielle leaned over and gave nick a kiss AJ and Howie whistled Kevin shook his head and Brian smiled from ear to ear. Arielle then laid her head on nicks chest and dozed off listening to his heartbeat.