- Text Size +
“hurry up Alex you have school today darlin” it had been a week since Arielle and the little girl had arrived in LA. Arielle had enrolled Alex in a private Christian school in the valley and the car was waiting to take her there. “T I can’t find my necklace that Uncle Nicky gave me” Arielle picked the same trinket up off the table “come here and turn around darlin” Arielle place the chain around her neck and turned the little girl around to face her “there you go be good and behave uncle Howie said he was going to pick you up after school and take you to lunch okay. So I’ll see you after that.” the new uncles had been taking turns picking the little girl up they were just as enamored by her as she was them there was never a dual moment from watching Nick watch the Lion king with her to AJ trying to teach her to play pool against Arielle’s better judgment well at least he was trying to teach her to play cards or gamble. Alice walked into the room with Rupert “ Aaron’s here with his brother to pick you up miss Arielle they’re ready to take you shopping for that new wardrobe your grandfather was to get for you. And Mr. Mclean will meet you at Armani’s. and remember you’ll need a gown for the dinner and the launch of the album. Oh and don’t forget the awards ceremony.” Alice walked out of the room “ms. Arielle might I suggest that perhaps you ask ms. Leigh Anne or Ms Leslie or BJ to come with you another woman’s views might be better received then listening to the guys.” Arielle look herself over in the mirror she was embarking on a whole new adventure in less then a week she had gone from no job no real family other then her grandmother to having a executives position in the firm and the studio with her grandfather teaching her the rope to one day take the rains of both. To having the most loving man on the planet as her boyfriend. Nick had spared no expense to make her feel at home true to his word the day after the dinner a week ago he sent not 2 dozen but 4 dozen light pink and peach and pale yellow roses to great her in the morning when she woke and every day since. There was never a red rose in the bunch. He had taken her out before all four concerts and gone out with the guys and little Alex afterwards. He called every morning before Alex went to school to wish her luck and tell Arielle good morning and every night to tell his girls good night. Arielle looked at herself she was wearing an old pair of jeans and a backstreet boy’s T-shirt her grandfather had gotten for her and a pair of flip flops her favorite type of shoe. “hum is that what your wearing out to pick clothes for work ms executive? Well to each their own” Nick walked into her room put his arms around her hip and pulled her to him “I missed you darlin so much.” he leaned down and placed a kiss on her forehead then her check and then her lips locking them in a passionate kiss. His tongue parted her lips and went into her mouth. Arielle pulled away “no nick please that is just plain gross. I’ve told you that before.” she had told him that four other times to be exact. “well don’t blame a guy for trying.” Arielle shock her head no she couldn’t she knew he loved her a great deal and that made her smile to herself. “so shall we go nick or do you want to just send Aaron and AJ out and trust that they will not go crazy?” Nick laughed he knew she didn’t want to go “I don’t trust them so we’ll go” he placed one more kiss on her forehead then walked out of the room with her arm in arm. “so we’ll go to the out let first and get you some dress suites then we’ll head to Armani’s for the gowns for the upcoming events. Unless you just want to go to Armani’s and pester AJ first” Arielle and Nick reached the bottom of the stairs where Aaron stood talking on his cell “um Nick Les wants to know if she can come along and Angel’s on her way” Nick smiled down at Arielle “ Well okay but lets not scare Arielle off I plan on keeping this one forever. Or until she’s done with me.” Arielle laughed at nick and Aaron “ no scaring me off hum if that’s the case let me run off now with the pool boy. No your more normal a family then my own ever was other then when it was me my brother Alex and Rebecca. We where close even after the wedding and little Alex was on the way. We went through so much together we didn’t just walk away when the going got rough or tough we stuck it out and saw each other through it.” nick saw the pain of the memories play across Arielle’s face and in her eyes. He wanted to take that pain away from her forever he wanted to give her and Alex a life of love never ending. Of peace of mind he wanted to be there for them for always and forever. But he knew Arielle wasn’t ready to hand it all over she had to come to grips with it all first she had to try and understand it. She had to try and figure out why God had allowed it to happen. Or at least learn what it was she needed to learn from it all. “okay the cars out in the drive way and I’m sure your grandfather wants to get to work and we’re blocking him in.” mark walked out of his study down the hall way “ wait before you go Nick can you do me a favor I won’t have the time to anytime soon but Arielle is going to have to get around LA take her to look at cars today. As well if she finds one she likes and or wants here is her Bank card. It has plenty of money in the account it’s what your father had put aside for you as well as you inheritance.” Arielle gasped at the thought “he wanted to make sure you where well cared for he really did wish he had done things differently I guess facing death will do that for a person. And Arielle no minivans make sure it’s a nice sports car spoil yourself for once.” Nick and mark laughed at the look on Arielle’s face “ and how is getting a minivan not spoiling myself it’s more practical with a child then some convertible would be.” “time ticking Angel and Les are here lets go” Aaron was getting impatient to be going. Leslie walked in “so this is Arielle the woman who has kept our big bro’s attention well. Nick don’t screw this up she looks like a keeper. Let’s go darlin we got some shopping to do and times a wasting and did I hear we have a car to look into getting. I have the perfect solution for that dilemma it’s called a Cadillac it seats 7 to 8 and has great storage and looks mad hot we’ll get you a white one. Yep and then for work and going out we’ll get you a nice convertible four doors maybe it’ll seat four people I’m thinking black pure black nice yes. We’ll look into them. Let’s jet.” nick leaned down and whispered in Arielle’s ear “don’t be alarmed she always like that we’ll get you what you want. And if we can’t find anything then you’ll use one of my cars till we can find something you like.” Arielle laughed him off “Nick Leslie is like Rebecca she’s fine. And I like her suggestions only I want a BMW like yours only twilight blue.” as they piled into nicks car they all began to laugh “ see and you where Worried about us Nick well I think we’ll be just fine” so this was her new beginning ad her new chance at happiness Arielle had longed for for a while. Now Arielle wondered if her grandfather would be okay with her find a home of her own one not to far away but one she could call her own.

As they drove into town Aaron and Leslie pointed out all the hot spots. Nick pulled in to Armani’s parking lot with AJ standing there waiting. “well it’s about damn time you got here.” well some one was grumpy today “sorry it was grandfather’s fault he gave me my bank card and told me I had to get a car and soon.” AJ laughed “ yeah okay and I’ll go with you two or you’ll get a lemon for sure. This dude is about as good at picking cars as he is ties” Arielle thought about that “um AJ I’ve never seen Nick in a Tie” AJ laughed “exactly see my point” she didn’t but then she didn’t care she wanted to get this over with “ shall we go in then” with a deep sigh Arielle answered “yes please the sooner we get in the sooner we can leave.” Nick hugged her to him again and kissed her on her forehead “hmmm yes and then we can meet up with Howie and Alex and have lunch. Then go car shopping” Arielle looked up at nick then slapped him across the face not hard but hard enough “yes just what I want to do. Don’t remind me again we have to do that.” she started laughing at his reaction “I love you Nick” she said as she kissed him quickly on his lips then ran after AJ Aaron and Les. Nick stood there for a moment watching her go. Wow she was on hell of a lioness.