- Text Size +
Chapter 7: Boys and their toys

“I like the midnight blue gown myself it sparkles” they had pick out Arielle’s work clothes and where now on the evening gowns for the different events and AJ again for the umpteenth time was putting his two bits in when he was told not to “um AJ your not going to be wearing it. But Arielle he is right it is so you simple elegant. And it does bring out your eyes. Now where’d Nick go his oppion is needed.” Leslie looked around for her brother who had stepped out on a call about 25 minutes ago and not come back yet damn work could have waited it was their day off after all. He was needed the Midnight blue gown was stunning on Arielle it went to the floor and fit to her like it was made for her Armani himself was stunned by how she looked in it. He had said it had been made for someone else it won’t look right on Arielle but she pulled it off perfectly. It needed to be hemmed a bit but that wasn’t a problem and Armani was raving about his new customer she was his angel and he was planning on doing a line just for her no charge to her. Simple outfits for work and going out. He would even do a line for Little Alex once he got her measurements. The dress was simple sleeveless floor length it wasn’t skin tight but it did hug her curves and showed off what the good lord had given her. It was modest enough sloping down in the front and in the back just so but not to show off her breast to much. Nick came walking back in then and stopped dead in his tracks nearly dropping the phone in his hand. “haha pick up your jaw from the floor Nick it’s not becoming. See Nick agrees with me THAT’S the dress.” AJ laughed at nick’s reaction. First she had slapped him now she was taking his breath away did she enjoying teasing him so much. “Darling there’s your dress. It’s so you dumpling pie. And AJ shut up no one wants to hear your two bits your not the one who’ll be wearing it or escorting the person wearing it” Nick was left speechless by this beauty before him. Damn her do this to him. “um then you like it Nick it’s not to um simple” Nick smiled at her “of course not it’s perfect and you are so beautiful in it no scratch that your so gorgeous in it you take my breath away” and turning to AJ nick added “and no comments from the peanut gallery. Understood” Arielle smiled at them all “finally we’re done let me go change. Then we can go to lunch and go pick out a car. Damn it my day is so full. Nick did Howie call yet he was supposed to call when he picked Alex up from school.” nick laughed “ yes he called right after the school did they wanted to find out who he was and if it was alright that he was picking up Alex. Seems they thought him a stalker or something. Got a laugh out of that one though Howie didn’t think it was that funny.” the small fitting room was suddenly filled with laughter. “poor Howie. But really Howie a Stalker come on in who’s dreams” Arielle couldn’t picture anyone mistaking Howie for anything but the sweet gentle and kind person he was.
Arielle was changed into a pair or kaki colored pants and a pale pink dress shirt the guys had picked out for her. It was a simple outfit the flattered her figure and again brought out her eyes. Something they all seemed to like to try and do. Ugh just what she wanted. She had her grandfather’s eyes a bright brilliant light blue/grey that could make anyone stop dead in their tracks. But she didn’t like to look at them every time she saw them she saw him staring back at her and that was still a painful thing. Arielle still missed him so much. “okay we’re here this is a great place to eat and I hope you’ll like it.” they where at a McDonalds what wasn’t there to like about that except the grease they used to cook the food in yuck. “ Aunt Arielle” Alex came running over to her aunt happy to see her again “you’ll never guess what they thought uncle Howie was. A stalker. Isn’t that funny uncle Howie could never be a stalker he’s too kind and gentle and caring to be a stalker. You need to call that school and tell them that. Those big meanies” laughter had started to once again be the order of her life It felt good to laugh and to hear little Alex’s laughter. Arielle just wondered how long it would last “ what do you guys want I’ll go order our lunch” Howie stood up Aaron wanted a big Mac AJ a number 5 Nick wanted a double quarter pounder with cheese and Angel and Leslie just wanted a salad. “just get me a Salad with French dressing and a double cheese burger hold the onions I guess. I’m not really all that hungry right now.” Arielle was dreading the next order of the day Car shopping with the boys. They ate lunch in a timely mannor Aaron and Nick scarfed down their food like it was going to be taken away from them “Nick Aaron stop eating like pigs no one wants to take it from you.” Arielle found herself repeating words her grandmother had said often enough to her and later Alex both of them her brother and her niece. “boys will be boys Arielle they don’t know how to eat slowly” Angel stated she wasn’t much of a talker.
After Lunch was done they all got into their prospective cars and headed the car dealership. Joy of all joys. Once their Nick Aaron AJ and Howie proceeded to show Arielle the vehicles each one trying to take her in different directions. “look baby this one only has 200 miles on it that’s not bad” Nick siad pointing out a dodge convertible since Arielle refused to drive a ford stating her grandfather’s acronym for it Found on the road dead. “yes and it make one wonder if it’s a LEMON Nick” AJ chimed in only happy to point out the flaws he saw just looking at it. Arielle walked away from the two fighting “brothers” and in a little area a little off from where they had just been in the Lease to own section she came across a nice Black convertible white interior. Seats five comfortably and only $25,000 with no miles on it brand new “Nick Howie Aaron Les Angel AJ over here” Arielle called to them all excitedly. And they all came running “what do you think it’s not a ford it’s black and white seats five and is brand spanking new.” AJ nodded his agreement Howie kicked the wheels to make sure it was sound. And Nick opened the door and sat in the drivers seat “look hun it has a CD player so you can listen to Cds too.” hmmm nice of nick to point that out. “AJ can you go get me a sales person I want to test drive it then buy it.” Nick laughed “um a little sure of yourself there aren’t you” well she liked it and she was getting it and she didn’t care what any of them said.
After test driving the convertible signing on the dotted line and leaving the dealership top down headed home with Alex and Nick with her. Arielle began to wonder if this was all there was to life. She was happy she had a great niece an wonderful sweet and loving boyfriend and best of all a family again. What else could go wrong. She should have never thought that because just then her cell phone rang. “hello ms Tibolt this is Salem County hospital your grandmother was just brought in. is there any way you can come here.” great more trouble. Arielle’s hands shock she couldn’t lose another person in her life “I’ll be on the next plane out”