- Text Size +
Arielle pulled over to the side of the road her hands shaking her mind racing. “what is it dumpling. Who was on the phone. Arielle what’s wrong” Nick was concerned he watched Arielle her whole body shaking now “Babe why do you have to catch a plane as soon as possible what’s happened?” Arielle turned to face nick tears streaming down her face. “my grandmother was just admitted to the hospital in New Jersey she has congestive heart failure I need to go and make arrangements for her to go to a nursing home for good. I can’t do that to her. Nick I can’t put her away.” nick gathered Arielle to him “then don’t bring her out here to live with you here in LA.” what nick said made sense but would she come out west her family was all on the east coast save Arielle. “I’ll try but I doubt she’ll come. But nick I live with grandpa I need to get a house of my own Nick. I bought the Family house in New Jersey about a year ago. I can rent it to my uncle and his family for the time being but I need a place here. Do you think Leigh from the website would help me I know she’s really from NJ but she knows the ins and outs.” Nick watched Arielle go on he knew she had to do what she had to do to put her mind at ease. “I’ll call her and ask okay but for now babe you need to calm down before you wake Alex she’s still asleep in the back.” they both turned to watch the small child sleep. It seemed to calm Arielle down some. Howie pulled up behind them at that moment and got out of his car and began to walk around to Arielle. “is everything okay” as soon as he asked he knew it wasn’t “what happened Nick Arielle is everything okay” no it wasn’t and he knew it before asking “Arielle’s grandmother was admitted to the hospital so we’re going to go to NJ as soon as we can…” Arielle turned to nick “ I was kinda hoping you’d stay here with Alex and maybe you and the guys could look at some of the local houses for sale maybe a 4 or 5 bed room with a pool fenced in of course so Alex could get into it without me knowing a nice backyard for alex to play in and at least one bedroom on the main floor for Grandmom. And a office because I’ll be working from home for a while.” Howie walked over to Arielle next to the car leaning into the car to be sure he wasn’t hit by the passing cars on the highway. AJ pulled over in front of the convertible got out of his SUV and walked back to where everyone was gathering “hey what’s up?” for lack of not wanting to repeat herself Arielle simply smiled at him “nothing Nick and Howie Can’t clue you in on. Howie can you take Nick and Alex back to grandpa Tibolt’s for me the exit for LAX is up a head and I want to get to NJ as quick as possible” “of course I have no problem with that you do what you need to do Arielle.” Howie was reassuring after giving Arielle a kiss Nick got out and lifted the little girl out of the back seat and took her to Howie’s car. Arielle waved pulled out around AJ’s SUV and back into traffic and took the LAX exit to the airport and back home.

The plane ride seemed to take forever once on the ground again Arielle called Nick to tell him she was safely in NJ. Rented a car and headed over the Delaware Memorial Bridge and into Salem county. Through Pennsville and to Mannington township to the hospital. She walked in and up to the desk “Mrs. Jean Christison Sloan please” Arielle asked the woman at the counter “room 326 on the third floor she out of intensive care.” Arielle thanked the woman and headed up stairs. She found her grandmother laying asleep. Arielle wasn’t about to wake her so she sat down in the chair and dozed off.

“Ms. Tibolt excuse me Ms. Tibolt” Arielle was woken suddenly by the nurse “oh um yes” the nurse asked “have you given any thought to where you want to place your grandmother?” Arielle took a deep breath “if the doctor says she can handle the trip I want to take her back to LA with me. I’m not placing her anywhere she‘s my grandmother she practically raised me” Arielle had made her dission Nick had stated he’d found a few houses online and was going to see them the following day he’d let her know. And one of them was on he and the guys stayed in while at the MTV awards. He loved it and thought she would too. The pool wasn’t fenced in but that wouldn’t be hard to do. And Arielle thought if Nick raved about it then it most be a good choice she told him to put a bid in on it without asking anymore questions. It was all one floor for the most part which she was happy about. She just hoped her grandmother would come out to LA with her.

Mean while out in LA Nick was at the last house of the day the one he liked for Arielle it was perched up in the hills it was secluded and had a long drive way he thought it was would be perfect for the little family. And any guest they might have from the family in NJ. “so Mr. Carter how much is Ms. Tibolt willing to bid.” the agent asked him “um $100,000 over asking price if need be.” the owners stood off to the side “ Mr. Carter you can tell Ms. Tibolt she can have it At asking price. I was good friends with her father growing up and am happy to see it go to good people.” Nick couldn’t believe his luck “okay I will thank you Mr. Maxwell.” he had done it he’d gotten Arielle a house. A place she could call her own. It had taken some talking to her grandpa to convince him that it was for the best but in the end when he’d found out that one of the houses was just down the road a ways he was happy and he’d be even happier to know that that was the house that they’d gotten. Nick’s cell rang the ring tone he’d made for Arielle No one else comes close because he had never felt this way about any one else in his life before. “Arielle I got you the house. It’s yours at asking price so kiss me when you get back.” laughter was heard on the other end “well I’ll do that but guess what Grandmom is coming with me. I can’t believe it she said yes she’s Coming to LA” it had been the call he was waiting for she was coming home and she was bringing the one thing that would make her happy her family. He was beaming from ear to ear satisfied with himself. He had done everything she wanted him to do Alex was the best thing that had ever happened to him other then her aunt Arielle who was the greatest thing to happen to him. He started to plan a romantic Dinner for four when she got back. Nick thought to himself lets face it she’s not going to leave Alex or her grandmothers side so he’d cook a big dinner for the whole family.