- Text Size +
I finished with my last customer and sighed. It was exactly two days before Valentine’s and here I was again with no boyfriend or significant other to enjoy that day. I made sure my office was left organized and walked out only to bump right into my boss. “I’m sorry Nick,” I told him giving him a weak smile.

He smiled back at me and gave me a smirk; I just ignored it and excused myself. “See you tomorrow Miss Flores.” He told me as he watched me head out of the office.

I hated bumping into him because truth be told he was very handsome and married. I still couldn’t deny that he made me feel the butterflies in my stomach. I literally blushed every time I saw him. I laughed to myself as I drove home how pathetic of me desiring a married man. How desperate was I to find love!

“Nick Carter!” I screamed as I pictured his beautiful blue eyes staring at me as he talked to me about someone’s policy or any other job related subject. I should find another job… I am sure there would be many insurance agencies looking experienced licensed agents. I was a damn good insurance agent… I had seven years of experience to be exact.

BAM!

I screamed as I felt the forceful push from the car behind me. I yelled even more as I moved out of the way and opened my door, “You bastard!” I screamed to the man that came out of black BMW 335I… hey I knew my cars that was for sure. “Where was your fucking head?” I screamed furiously I as saw my poor Nissan’s bumper on the floor.

“Just great!” I continued to banter and I was so enraged I did not see that the culprit only stared and waited for me to air out my anger. “Just my luck,” I said finally calming down and acknowledging him with a glare.

“Give me your insurance card and please tell me you have insurance.” I told him as I took out my cell phone. I laughed in frustration, “You should I mean with that car you must have insurance.”

“I do,” I heard him tell me and he handed it to me. “I really am sorry it’s my fault and I will pay for it, for everything.”

“Yeah you will,” I told him as I jotted down his information. I knew everything about insurance to make sure my car got fixed without costing my insurance rate to go up.

“There’s no need to call the police unless you’re hurt are you?” he asked me as he eyed me and gave me a smirk.

“No… well don’t expect me to give you my insurance. It’s clearly your fault I should know I work for an insurance agency. Can I see your driver’s license?” I asked annoyed by his smirk. As I jotted down his name I huffed and glared back at him, “Well Alexander McLean I will definitely be contacting your insurance…”

*********

It was Valentine’s Day and thanks to my handsome nice boss we only opened till noon. I wasn’t so happy after all I was in a rental while my baby was in a shop getting fixed.

If you’re wondering I did contact his insurance company and to my surprise he had already reported the incident. Everything had run smoothly for me and I couldn’t wait to get my car back. With this accident I did realize that it was time to get over my infatuation with my boss and be more careful to my surroundings especially when driving.

“Happy Valentines day,” Mr. Carter told me as he stuck his head in my office with his killer smile on his face. “You can start getting ready to go Miss Flores… I am sure you have someone special to get to.”

I smiled at him and nodded, if he only knew that I was single and would probably sit at home eating ice cream and watching the Wedding Date my favorite movie. “Ok sir and happy anniversary” I told him as everyone in the office knew he had gotten married on this day.

“Thanks,” he told me and disappeared probably going to every employee with the same phrase.

********

I was the last to leave the office so I was in charge of locking up. To my horrid surprise outside stood the horrible man from the coffee shop with a bouquet of roses in hand. I sighed heavily and pretended to smile happily. “Hi Jared,” I told him trying not to sound annoyed.

“Hey Kat,” he handed me the flowers. “So I know you’re dateless and I am too. How about we hook up…” his stare giving away what he meant.

I was baffled by his insinuation; it was clear what he wanted. Oh no he didn’t just ask me that, I was single but not desperate and I did not do one night stands! “Uh no… what the hell were you thinking?” I threw him the beautiful bouquet of roses hitting him right in the face some rose petals falling to the ground. “Jerk!” I said stumping away.

I sped away slowing down when I realized I should watch it, I did have a rental. I turned on the radio and began to sing along with Alanis Morissette “Ironic.” Just the song to hear with my mood.

Finally I made it to my humble home well half if it… I lived in a descent duplex. I got off and continued to hum the song. I looked into my mailbox and sighed as I saw all the bills. Not one good thing, as I made it to my door there on the door was a red rose with a small note. I looked around and saw no one. I had to smile and read the note.

Be ready by seven.

Your secret admirer.


*********
I was nervous but yet here I was ready and punctual. Who could it be? It was killing me… I had no idea who? I just hoped it wasn’t my bastard of ex boyfriend. Finally my wait was over when I heard the footstep nearing my door.

I was already at the door but waited for the bell to ring and a little more so it would look like I had walked from some other part of my house. I sighed heavily and closed my eyes as I opened the door.

There stood Alexander the man that had hit my car with another rose and a beautiful smile. He was definitely not the type I usually dated but his bad boy look I had to admit looked sexy. I finally remembered to close my mouth and cleared my throat.

“Hi,” he said and for the first time I actually realized he had a sexy voice if I would have let him talk the day of the accident I probably would have noticed. I blushed and spoke, “Hi how did you get my address?”

He shrugged and smiled, “I am good friends with my insurance agent,” he handed me the rose and extended his arm. “Ready?”

I nodded and took his hand closing the door behind me… I stopped and made him stop, “Wait why did you do this after my horrible behavior that day.”

“I knew I had fault in that but when I saw you I knew it was fate helping me find someone. Don’t you believe in love at first sight Katie?”

I blushed at his cheesy line and we continued to his car… maybe fate was helping both of us out.

*********

I had to admit I had a wonderful Valentine dinner and Alexander had been pretty impressive. It turns out that he was good friends with Nick himself and found out through him my information. Which now made sense with the comment Nick had told me that day at work, I accepted to go out with him again as well he had really impressed me.

I mean he had actually tolerated my horrible mood. Besides he had good taste in cars and did I mention his gorgeous eyes? I was actually happy and in a good mood around him.

Several weeks passed and my attraction for my boss ceased, now I was smitten for the man that had ruined my car. Of course it was fixed now; he was very romantic nothing to match his outside look.

It seemed I had found my right match. Now I knew nothing really was ironic… life through in downs but the ups were made up for it. Alex was definitely a very positive up… accidental fate.