- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks very much for reading, much appreciated. Thankyou also again to DelphinaCarter for helping me with this chapter and the ones to come.
Back at Nick’s place Mark ran inside and running up to his room before he and Brianna moved out. “Nick.” Mark said.
“Yeah?” Nick replied joining him on the floor playing with the few toys he had there.
“Where’s Mommy?” Mark asked.
“Mommy had to go on a mini vacation. You know how I sing and we went away and went on all the planes, saw all those cool places?” Nick replied.
“Yeah.” Mark said.
“Well Mommy is doing something like that only she had to go alone.” Nick lied.
“Didn’t she want me?” Mark asked.
“Of course she did. She loves you very much. She left you here with me as she would be working all the time and travelling when she wasn’t working. It’s not fun going to places and not having anything to do.” Nick answered.
“When will she be back?” Mark asked, Nick taking a great big gulp.
“Soon, hopefully soon. In the mean time she has said you could stay here with me. How fun would that be hey? Football? Computer games?” Nick replied trying to sound cheerful.
“What about my birthday?” Mark whimpered.
“It’ll be so much fun! I can promise you that.” Nick replied smiling. Mark came over and gave Nick a great big hug. Nick hugged him back, letting a few tears roll down his cheeks. He missed Brianna so much.

Later that day, everyone came around to Nick’s place to try and work this out. With the kids playing outside having a great time, everyone kept an eye on the kids while trying to put pieces together.
“The cops called this morning and have asked us to do a public plea for Brianna. Want to do it as soon as.” Nick sighed.
“Let’s do it already.” Howie said.
“I don’t think I can.” Nick confessed.
“Nick, if you can do what you did for me all those years ago, back in 2001, you can certainly do this. You are strong.” Alex told him.
“We’ll all be here with you.” Brian assured him.
“Guess I’ll call Mertz then.” Nick sighed grabbing his phone from the middle of the table.

Within the hour Detective Mertz arrived with a couple of officers. It was arranged that Nick and Alex would make the appeal for the release of Brianna, showing a photo of Brianna. The girls would take the kids over to Brian and Leighanne’s as they were nearby, an officer escorting them.

Detective Mertz addressed the awaiting media in Nick’s living room, He went into details about Brianna’s kidnapping, informing the public of any details that would be useful to the public. Then Alex and Nick spoke.
“We are appealing for anyone who knows of where Brianna is. Her son is missing her so much, he turns 4 years old next week. We would love nothing more than for her to be home for his fourth birthday. You don’t need to tell us your name, where you are from, just any information you have. No minor how small.” Alex spoke just managing to make a sound.
“We would do anything to have Brianna back. Anything.” Nick added, dazed, in shock of what was happening. At the conclusion of the appeal, Nick ran off.
“I’ll go.” Brian said catching up to Nick upstairs in his bedroom.

Police now were staying at Nick’s place for any phone calls that would be coming in. Mark had to be told that they were there for a special assignment, secret business. Mark was starting to get into cartoons with detectives in them. “Like a real cartoon?” Mark asked Nick.
“Yup, just like a real cartoon. Cool huh? What about we make our own comic hey?” Nick suggested.
“Cool!” Mark replied excited.
“What was I supposed to say?” Nick asked the officers who were there.

Mark finally drifted off to sleep around 11pm, still missing Brianna and not hearing from her made him upset at night, Nick comforting Mark. That was hard on Nick because it was upset about Brianna gone.

Settling down watching TV, Nick got a SMS. “GOOD ONE CARTER. GOOD ONE. YOU WENT AGAINST BRIANNA WAS TOLD. SHE AND HER PRECIOUS SON WERE TO LEAVE YOU.” It read. Police tried to make a tracking of the number but it was a pre paid untraceable number. Calming down a little, his phone rang. It was Aaron.

“Dude, what the hell is going on?” He asked when Nick answered the phone and was given the ok.
“I don’t know seriously. Things were going great man. Ok, we broke up but we were getting back on track slowly and then this happens.” Nick stressed out.
“I knew on the breakup and you were working things out. Who would do something like this? Seriously.” Aaron asked.
“That’s what we all wanna know.” Nick sighed.
“Listen, I’m just about to board a plane back to LA. I will be there in the morning alright. I’m here for ya man.” Aaron said to Nick.
“What about your album? You got that deadline.” Nick asked Aaron.
“You need me. Screw the deadline. I gotta go, boarding.” Aaron replied and hung up.

Nick eventually fell asleep around 5am, just as the sun was rising up, knowing that Mark would be awake in a few hours. Nick didn’t know what time Aaron would be here but he had access to the property. Aaron and the guys had access to the property at any time. Nick was so stressed out by all this. He felt helpless on what was going on. The only thing he knew he could do right, was to protect Mark as best as he could.

Coming down the stairs, scruffing his hair to wake up, not bothering that the police were still there, he saw Aaron had arrived. Aaron was in the kitchen making pancakes for Mark.
“Chocolate blueberry ones?” Aaron asked Mark.
“YEAH!” Mark cheered.
“Don’t tell Nick hey? He wouldn’t want me doing this. I always mess his kitchen up when I am here.” Aaron told Mark.
“Nick already knows and you will be cleaning this from top to bottom, even in places where you haven’t made a mess.” Nick spoke up.
“NICK!” Mark squealed getting off the chair he was sitting in.
“Hey champ.” Nick replied picking Mark up for a cuddle.
“Hope you don’t mind. Airline food was disgusting and didn’t want to dodge the crowds.” Aaron spoke up, walking over to Nick as Mark was put down.
“It’s cool man.” Nick replied.
“How you doing?” Aaron asked as they hugged.
“Like you have to ask.” Nick sighed as their embrace got tighter.
“I’m here for as long as you need me. I ain’t going no where.” Aaron told Nick.
“Thanks man.” Nick replied.
“We’ll have her back. I know it.” Aaron assured Nick. Nick couldn’t answer.