- Text Size +
“You are completely sure?” Brian asked Nick as the guys were in the kitchen organising lunch for the kids, the girls on a day out.
“I’m telling you, it was her. Yeah sure I don’t like her now but I wouldn’t frame her for something like this.”Nick replied.
“Oh shit!” Alex exclaimed.
“So what’s happening now?” Howie asked.
“Well just wait for the cops to get back to me unless I hear or see something sooner.” Nick answered getting pasta out of the oven.
“How long will that take?” Brian asked.
“As long as it takes. I’ll be getting a call by the end of the day of what’s been going on. Mertz seemed real interested in that place up state Saddleback Butte.” Nick said.
“There? But that’s where...” Alex began to say.
“I know!” Nick finished.
“Shit man!” Alex said.
“Oh believe me I was saying a few things more than that.” Nick chuckled.

Sitting down to lunch, the doorbell rang. Brian, Howie, Alex and Nick all looked at each other. “I’ll go.” Nick said getting up. Walking to the front door, he could tell it was Detective Vince Mertz.
“Well?” Nick asked.
“We got a lead. Got teams going there now and informed the local authorities.” Mertz simply told Nick.
“Not Saddleback?” Nick guessed.
“Yeah. You are to stay here. We don’t want you and Mark’s life in danger. Anyway, something may happen. Officer Beazley will stay here with you in case anything happens.” He informed Nick.

“What?” The guys asked.
“The Saddleback. Oh god!” Nick replied sitting back down on his chair, Mark coming up to Nick.
“Your serious?” Howie asked.
“Teams going there now.” Nick replied.
“Going where?” Baylee asked.
“Going to find a friend.” Brian interrupted.
“Cool!” Baylee said.
“Yeah cool.” Brian replied.

“Hey Mark, why don’t you show everyone your new computer game?” Nick asked wanting the kids to leave.
“Come on!” Mark said leaving the kitchen, the kids following along.

“Are we thinking what you going to do?” Howie asked, looking around the guys.
“Thinking what?” Nick asked innocently.
“Taking a drive. Going against what the police have said. It’s not confirmed yet anyway. It’s a lead.” Alex replied.
“No, I am not going to.” Nick said.
“NICK!” They all exclaimed.
“Guys, I’m serious I’m not. I’m going to stay here. You can stay here if you don’t believe me. I need to stay here anyway. In case anything comes through. Got a cop here just in case.”Nick assured them.

Watching the kids play outside, Nick got thinking. “Back in a sec.” He told the guys getting up from the sofa and running upstairs. He ran upstairs and grabbed his computer. Coming downstairs, Alex was coming inside with Jason who was about to go down for his nap.

“What you doing?” Howie asked glancing over the top of Nick’s shoulder fixing a drink for James.
“Hang on and you’ll see.” Nick replied not looking up from the computer.

“These past two months have been incredibly painful for everyone within the Backstreet Boys family and we thank you for your love and support and prayers. We are still involved with the Police who are still helping us to bring Brianna back to us safe and sound. Thanks, Nick.” Nick had typed up on the fan club.

“Think you should have done that?” Howie asked.
“The fans and public deserve something. Nothing has been mentioned since Brianna’s appeal and look how long ago that was. I wanted to do something. I was on twitter the other night and saw support still coming through.” Nick replied.
“What if Lauren and whoever saw it?” Alex asked.
“So what if they saw it.” Nick snapped.