- Text Size +
~Rochelle~

So I was trying hard not to smile when AJ came into wardrobe the next night. All the other guys were there, I was working on Howie while Josie helped Brian.

Nick was waiting his turn as he chatted with his girlfriend on the phone. I was almost done with Howie’s hair when AJ cleared his throat, “Hey guys.” Everyone turned their attention to him.

He cleared his throat for the second time and then he spoke again, “I did some evaluating on my own life and have come to the conclusion that I can’t do this anymore. I quit!” he exhaled like he had been holding his breath.

Nick almost dropped his phone as he stared at AJ, while Howie pushed me aside and stared him dumbfounded as well. “What? Why? We are in the middle of a tour AJ.” Howie who I had come to like for his mellow attitude was now demanding answers.

“Well I can’t do this anymore… I want to get away from this for now. I feel like I am not giving myself completely to this. I am missing something in my life and every time I look at you guys its like a reminder of that. I want what you guys have and I realized that while I am involved in this business I have terrible luck in finding love. So I need to break out of this and find myself outside of all this. Besides lately my working environment has been hostile and not a good place for me.” He stared right at me as he said the last part.

That was my cue, “Well it goes both ways ok! You keep trying to hit on me, get a clue dude I don’t like you like that!” I slammed the brush in my hand hard on the counter.

With the corner of my eye I saw Nick, he looked a little guilty. AJ pointed at me, “See what I mean so tonight is the last night I perform. I already reserved my plane ticket back to Cali.”

“AJ I totally understand what your going through buddy but you have a responsibility right now not only with us but with the fans. You have people out there that have paid to see you too not only us.” Brian said looking worried.

“Fine… I can finish this tour on one condition. She has to go, it’s either her or me.” He pointed straight at me.

“Wait a minute why does she have to go? She really has no fault here, if she goes I go too.” Josie budded in, I should have told her before about this. But I guess I sort of wanted to see her face too when she heard all this.

“Well that’s your choice…” he stared at the guys and sighed. “So its your choice.”

“AJ we can’t find people to replace them fast you know and it is sort of cruel of your part don’t you think?” Howie said defending us, he was so nice and short really he is.

“Well I guess then this is it my last show.” AJ said firmly.

“Wait you know what I can’t hear this! It’s stupid you don’t need to get rid of me I choose to leave! I quit!” I said walking out of the room, smiling when I heard Josie quit too following me.

She bumped right into me and gasped. “You shouldn’t have quit Josie.” I said trying to hold my laugh… I had some explaining to do.

*******

~AJ~

“Oh great,” Brian said looking torn he didn’t know what to do. He looked like he wanted to follow Josie and Rochelle, but he also wanted to stay and finish our conversation.

“Yeah… well I thought you all would be supportive about my decision just like when Kev did it.” I said looking down to the floor, man I was impressed with my acting skills and I could see Nick sweating bullets.

“Yeah but Kev didn’t tell us in the middle of a tour, with his bags packed ready to leave!” Brian said.

True. But I wasn’t going to admit to that, “Well I told you I can finish this tour now that they quit.”

“Look just lets go on stage and finish this concert up and then we can sit to talk this through.” Nick finally spoke. “AJ you really can’t just leave or leave us without our help for a least two shows till find replacements.”

“I can, I just did.” I said staring at him. “You can’t put judge me when your not in my shoes Nick. I mean since you started dating the new girl you’ve been all chipper and crap. I can’t stand this anymore.”

“I already have something written with my statement on my departure. I am not mad you all I just need this you guys.” I said feeling a little guilty at the new gray hair I was probably causing Howie to grow out of his hair.

“Guys you have to up on stage in three!” Jen said coming in. “Wait why is Nick not ready or AJ?”

“We’ll talk later.” Howie said walking out and Brian followed. “You two hurry up and get dressed!”

I went to get my clothes and began to change. I was ignoring Nick but then he cleared his throat. “AJ don’t leave.” He told me as he approached me. “Look I know for a fact that Rochelle likes you.”

I turned to look at him as I finished buttoning my shirt. “Look Nick I really don’t want to talk about this right now and it’s not only about her I just need this for me, she’s gone anyway.”

I saw his mouth open slightly but I didn’t give me a chance to say more I walked out. I wanted him to feel a little guilty for this one. Hey don’t judge he’s done his share of good fucking jokes… he deserves this! Just as I was walking out Jen came by yelling at us to get on stage… boy was I loving the look on Nick’s face.