- Text Size +
“Las Vegas here we go!” said an excited Nick as he took a seat on the couch.

“Did I tell you how much I love this bus? It’s so comfortable and spacious it almost doesn’t feel like a bus.” With that she put the popcorn in a bowl and went to sit with Nick.

“Yeah, it’s nice but I still love my home better. So what movie are we watching?” he asked as he grabbed the DVD’s she had chosen from where she had put them. “Gone with the Wind, you’re kidding right?”

“NO, have you ever seen it?” she asked him as she took it away from his hands.

He was mute and started thinking, “I guess not but it looks boring!” He looked at the other option she had brought out. “I think I prefer this one,” he said as he waived Wedding Date in front of her, “it’s shorter and looks more interesting.”

“Ok fine, but you will have to sit down with me one of these days and watch Gone with the Wind,” she hit him playfully on his leg. “It’s actually really good,” she went ahead and put the DVD player to work.

He watched her every move, all these weeks he had so much fun. Rose was an amazing woman he really loved her company. He didn’t know how to ask her to stay with him and not leave him for AJ’s bus. If true be told these past weeks with her had made him realize, he had fallen in love with this woman. He smiled as he saw her put some popcorn in her mouth. He listened to the movie and the noise from the bus riding along the road.

She had to admit she was feeling some attraction toward Nick. She also noticed the way he looked at her, he was sexy and fun. But he wasn’t AJ; he was more like a good friend. Yeah he was hot, he had his charm and once in a while she felt like kissing him. But, AJ had her heart, AJ; she was now going to be able to ride along with him Sarah would leave the tour. She was hesitant though and she would have to think about it hard, she didn’t want to do something she would later regret. She suddenly felt hot and the need to get away from Nicks side. “I’m thirsty you want something to drink?”

“Yeah sure, a coke would be nice.” He smiled as she left, was it him or was she blushing? He needed to make a move; something told him it was the right time. She had told him she was having a blast with him. She returned with two cokes in hand. She handed him one and he delicately took it away from her hand, he then grabbed her hand and pulled her on top of him.

She was caught off guard and was now top of Nick. Even though she knew she should get away she couldn’t his blue eyes were so irresistible. She let him touch her face and then he pulled her face to his. His kiss was soft and caring, she didn’t know what got to her but she returned his kiss and she let go of all her worries, she tried to enjoy the kiss.

*********

He looked at her sleeping on his arm; he was also wondering how they were able to fit in the bunk. Man she was everything he had expected. So were they an item now? He hoped so, that would make him the happiest person alive. He kissed her bare shoulder blade, “Good morning Rose,” he said as he saw her open her eyes slightly.

She felt his lips on her and she opened her eyes, she smiled as she heard him greet her. “Good morning,” she said as turned to him. “Are we there yet?” she asked him.

“We should be arriving soon,” he answered and kissed her forehead. She was gorgeous even after just waking up.

“What time is it?” she asked him as she sat up. She was well conscious of what had happened. But, she wasn’t complaining it was an amazing night with Nick, he was such a gentleman. After this though, what was next? She liked him a lot she did, but she kept thinking of AJ. The feelings for AJ were stronger. Was she even ready to move on? She had to admit that she felt good, he was giving her attention. He had given her affection and made her feel wanted, something she needed after loosing… Rony. Maybe she should give this a try, she was sure there was no chance of ever having an opportunity with who she really wanted. She could love him, he was nice and cute. He was a gentleman and he liked her, it could work.

“It’s only five in the morning,” he said as he kissed her neck. He just couldn’t believe he was with her, “we should go to sleep again, god knows we both need the rest,” he said.

She giggled as he kissed her neck and shoulders. “Well if you keep doing that it will be hard to get some sleep,” she said as she stopped him. He faced her and just stared at her brown eyes, she traced his lips with her finger. “Nick, what does this to our relationship?”

“It only makes it better,” he said as he kissed her finger. He grabbed her hand put on his chest, “you feel my heart?” He smiled as he saw her nod, “well that is the effect you have on me, since he first time I saw you at the hospital. I am attracted to you and I would love for you to be my girlfriend.” He kissed her lips feverishly.

He liked her; she smiled inside as she heard him. He was so sweet; yeah he could help her forget about AJ. She kissed him and spoke, “Ok, we can give it a try, it will be hard because I have bad luck in love…” she was stopped by his finger on her mouth.

“It’s not going to happen again Rose, I promise you that.” He kissed her again.

**********

AJ threw himself on the huge bed and closed his eyes. He sighed with relief, Sarah was on her way home and now he could get his mind straightened out. He would also be joined by Rose on his bus; he was actually looking forward to it. He had noticed the fun Nick and her were having together, he also wanted that.

It was early and he could use a smoke, maybe even breakfast. He walked out of his suite and walked down the hall. “Hey Howie, wait up,” he yelled as he saw Howie walking into the elevator.

He closed his eyes as he heard his friend call for him. He couldn’t handle this right now, but it was too late. He felt the pat on his back from AJ. “Hey you’re awake early,” he smiled to his friend.

“I have no comment about it,” said AJ as he smiled back.

***********

“I guess your right; we will keep it between us for now and – the guys. They have to know babe.” He smiled at her as he saw the face she made after hearing him.

“Its just I don’t want to make you get to emotionally attached and excited, Nick. What if it doesn’t work out?” she asked him as they walked down to the breakfast table.

“It will, don’t worry we will explain it to them. If you’re worried about what they will think about you don’t worry. They will be very happy for you and me.” He gave her a smile and he stared at her with his beautiful blue eyes.

She sighed and could not argue no more, if he only knew that she just didn’t want AJ to know. She started walking and felt Nick’s hand intertwine with hers. She smiled and gave his hand a squeeze; yeah she could make this work.

Her confidence turned into squash as she saw AJ sitting at the table with the rest of the guys. She wanted to run the other way and never come back. She saw him drink his tea and laugh at whatever Brian was saying. She was literally being dragged by Nick who was holding on to her hand.

“Good Morning people,” said a happy Nick. He on propose showed off his hand intertwined with Rose’s. He wanted the whole world to know, but he had promised Rose he would take it slow.

Everyone grew silent as they saw Nick and Rose holding hands. Finally, Brian cleared his throat and smiled, “Good Morning.”

“SO do you have something to tell us?” asked Kevin as he looked at him. It was obvious but, he had to reassure himself, because if he was correct Rose definitely had the hot’s for AJ. She might have fooled everyone else, but he had seen right through her, she had fallen in love with her “guardian Angel.”

********

She looked out of the balcony, at the wonderful lighted city. Las Vegas, where she had married Rony only three months ago and now here she was again, without him. She must’ve been in her own little world for a while, because she had not noticed the knock on her door. She unwillingly went to answer it, hoping it wasn’t Nick she needed some alone time. She froze as she saw Kevin standing there. “Kevin,” she said as she allowed him inside.

“Yeah, I needed to talk to you,” said Kevin as he gave her a smile.

“Sure, if it’s about Kristin joining the tour next week, it’s settled I already made the flight arrangements. She will join you next week without a problem.” She smiled as she saw his eyes light up at the mention of his wife.

“No it’s not about her, but thanks I appreciate your great work. I wanted to talk to you about you.” He said looked at her straight in to her eyes.

“Ok,” said Rose as she looked at him with a confused look on her face.

“I am sorry let me explain,” said Kevin as he saw the look on her face. “Nick is a great friend of mine and he can get pretty attached to someone. You know since he started dating many years back, he has fallen in love with many girls. But today in the morning when I saw you two together I saw a different spark on Nick. Like you are it for him,” he looked at her and saw her look turn sad as she heard him.

“I like him to and I can definitely see myself with him.” She told him as she looked away trying not to look into his intense green eyes.

“But, what about AJ?” he asked her subtly.

“That’s my problem I like Nick, but I fell in love with…- AJ,” she said slowly as she realized that Kevin knew. “How did you,” she sighed and covered her face in shame.

He felt sad as he saw her crumble by his knowledge on her situation. He gave her a hug and spoke, “oh, Rose don’t feel bad your secret is safe with me. Just don’t do something you will regret later, if you don’t love Nick don’t give him hopes.”

“But, I do like him a lot and I believe I can fall in love with him. He has been so good to me and besides AJ will never be with me romantically.” She sighed and walked to the balcony again, she looked out to the city.

“I am not so sure about that,” said Kevin as he walked to the balcony also. “When Nick told us this morning about you two, dating. I saw anger flash through AJ’s eyes. He is more attracted to you than what he leads on; AJ is a very complicated guy. But, AJ doesn’t love Sarah like he pretends to; he just likes the familiarity she gives him. He is now afraid to give his heart out and try to be with someone new. So he prefers someone he already knows.” He turned her around and smiled, “just do the right thing.”

“Thanks, I needed to talk to someone.” She smiled back at the tall man, he was somewhat right but, she was sure AJ did love Sarah. He had told her so, after that kiss. “I will do what I think is best.”

********

She was tired, but she needed to clear her mind the talk with Kevin the night before really had her thinking. AJ had not spoken to her since he find out about Nick and her. Was he right about AJ? She cleared her throat and saw Nick walk in, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her softly on the cheek. “HI,” you were awesome for the second time in Vegas.”

“Thanks, talking about Vegas, this is our last night here so I say we go gamble a little before we leave. Have some fun and dance all night till we can’t no more.” He gave her a smile as he pulled her out of her room. “In the next city, we have to ask to stay in the same room,” he said as they made it to the elevator.

He just made her feel good and she put away her worries. She was going to enjoy her night with Nick. She was feeling more attracted to him, as she saw how much he cared for her. “Ok, we will have fun, but we have to make a promise before we do that,” she told him as the elevator doors closed. “No matter how crazy we get tonight we can’t, be too crazy and do something stupid like get married or something of that nature.”

“Ok, deal but how about a tattoo?” he asked her as he raised his eyebrows at her.

“Hmmm…ok it all depends because I hate needles.”

***********

It was only six in the morning, and he was awake. He grabbed a cigarette and turned on the T.V. anything to try and get him to sleep again. Why was the news of Nick and Rose together make him mad? He knew it would have happened eventually after the talk with Nick while back. He should be happy for both but, all he seemed to think about was the kiss he had shared with Rose weeks ago.

[T.V.]
“On other news, we have now received the exclusive pictures of Backstreet boy, Nick Carter walking out a chapel with the woman he allegedly married last night here in Vegas. We have contacted his rep. for further details but yet have not received an answer. Well congrats to the couple and we will keep you posted if there are any changes. Now, let’s go live with…..”

He muted the T.V. and sighed, trying to understand why Rose would marry Nick so quick. He couldn’t take it and walked out of his room. He didn’t have to think about it he knew exactly where he was going. He turned around the corner and saw Johnny coming the same direction he was, he did not look happy.

“AJ, you’re up early,” said Johnny as he passed him.

“Yeah couldn’t sleep and now it’s going to be harder after the news huh?” he said as he followed Johnny right to Nicks room.

“So you saw that too,” he said more as a statement than a question. “At least you haven’t been on the phone with every type of media available, trying to explain something you didn’t even know about,” said an annoyed Johnny as he knocked on Nick’s door.

**************

Her head was pounding and god did she feel heavy. All she remembered is partying with Nick and some of his friends. She felt someone’s hand wrap around her waist. Slowly she turned her head and barely opening her eyes saw the blond haired man laying there. She smiled; she really did have fun with him. She couldn’t handle it anymore and she was finally giving in to sleep….When she heard knocking? Who could it be at this time she thought? The knocking wouldn’t go away so with hesitation she pulled herself away from Nick’s grip and tried to make way to the knocking. She tried turning on the light, but that did not help her headache, she carefully and holding on to everything on her way finally made it to the door. “All right, I’m coming please stop the torture,” she said as she started to open the door. She winced as the light from the hallway hit her barely opened eyes.

“Oh, god Rose you’re a mess,” said Johnny as he turned away and walked in. “where’s Nick?”

“He’s sleeping,” she said as she looked at AJ standing right behind Johnny. What in the world were AJ and Johnny doing here? “What time is it?” she asked as she finally tried to adapt to the light coming from the hallway.

“Six in the morning,” said AJ as he closed the door to the room and switched the light on. He saw the look on Rose’s face as she ran to the bathroom. He didn’t want to laugh at her but; it reminded him of those days.

“I think you should go check on her, I’ll go wake up sleeping beauty” said Johnny as he walked toward Nick’s bedroom. Boy was he in for a surprise when he woke up thought Johnny as he realized that most likely Nick had not been fully aware when he married Rose. “NICK, wake up!” he grabbed the covers and began to wake Nick.

********

He had taken her to her room, helped her get in the shower. He waited patiently laying on her bed. She had a mighty big hangover, so he had everything ready for when she came out aspirin, cold water, and a red bull. That always helped him after a hangover. He heard the door to the restroom open and out came a very pale Rose.

“Hey, thanks for the help,” she said as she sat on her bed by him. She rubbed her temples; the headache still did not leave her.

“Hey, here take this,” he handed her the aspirins and water. “Your going to need this for what is about to happen,” he said as he put the glass down on the end table.

She looked at him questioningly, “what’s going to happen?” she asked as she closed her eyes waiting of the aspirins to kick in.

“First drink this,” he said as he handed her the red bull.

“I don’t drink red bull,” she said as she saw the can on his hand.

“Well if you want to get rid of the hangover quick, you should take this.” He handed her the can and tried to smile at her.

“Well in that case bring me more,” she said and took the can from him. She drank the liquid slowly and was surprised to find out it didn’t taste that bad. “So why were you and Johnny up so early in Nick’s room?” she asked as lay down on her bed right beside him.

“You honestly don’t remember?” asked AJ as he faced her. She was wearing shorts and tank top making her show more skin than he needed to see. She had her eyes closed and he could not stop staring at her. Even with the hangover, she looked good. He shook his head and tried to concentrate on the matter in hand. “Your marriage,” he said in an accusing tone.

“My marriage? I am widowed now, but what does that have to do with Nick?” she asked as she opened her eyes, after the tone she heard from his voice. It sounded like he was mad at her.

He looked at her straight in the eyes and without realizing he grabbed her by her arms, “Not that marriage Rose, I am talking about the marriage to Nick. You two got married last night and it’s all over the news!” he saw the scared look on her face and realized he was being rough, he let her go and stood away from her. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to hurt you…” he looked at her with hurt in his own eyes.

She hadn’t noticed the fact AJ was showing jealousy toward her actions, the words married Nick kept playing her head. Suddenly the Aspirins she had taken were not enough and that was it for her…she lost conscious of her whereabouts.
Chapter End Notes:
So yeah very big twist at the moment but I hope you like... please review!