- Text Size +
“Well good morning Ms. McDonald,” said the doorman.

“Morning Henry, do you think it will rain today?” she asked laughing at her own question. Most likely it would.

“I guess you answered your own question there,” he told her as he opened the door for her.

“Yeah I guess I did…listen Henry if my father asks just tell him I went for a walk and maybe some shopping.” She told him as she began to walk. She smiled as she walked on by people. She had to get over everything; she was going to start fresh. “Yes Rose you can do this…London will be your new life. Forget Dallas and LA.” She said as entered the first store.

********

He finished his cigarette just outside his hotel, “Ok well let’s see where would I live if I was the daughter of a rich American man. A cowboy per say,” he asked himself as he just began to walk.

“Oh my god your AJ!” she told the man she had just bumped into. “I am a huge fan…could I have an autograph?” she asked excitedly.

“Sure sweetheart what’s your name?” he asked in his best accent.

“Wow you really do sound from here, its Isabella.” She told him as he grabbed the paper and pen from her.

He posed for the picture she took and with that she was on her way. This was going to be harder than he thought. He just hoped he didn’t get stopped to often. He had to be back for the concert.

******

She answered her phone, as she continued to scan the rack of old records. “Hello?” she answered as she took a record from the rack.

“Twinkles?” Romey said as her cousin answered.

“Romey…please stop calling me that.” she said as she smiled.

“Ok fine, but where are you? I just arrived here and my uncle says you left since early morning? Well, where can I meet you, I want to go shopping with you.” she told her excitedly.

She laughed, yeah Romey was the shopaholic. “Look I am at this vintage record store…why don’t we meet at the coffee shop near my flat?” she told her cousin as she walked to the cashier to pay.

“Deal see you in fifteen,” she told her cousin.

*****

She began to walk to the coffee house where she would meet with her cousin Rose. She was going to enjoy her stay in London; she looked down for a second and with out notice bumped into someone. “Fuck, the first day back in London and already I’ve turned into a clumsy woman.” She said as she hit the ground bringing the tall man down with her.

“Are you ok?” he asked her as he quickly got up and helped her up.

“Yes, I’m fine sorry I wasn’t paying attention there.” She told the man and then realizing he wasn’t from here either, he had an American accent. She finally looked up and was met with the most beautiful blue eyes ever. She knew who he was and felt her body stiffen he was hot. How could Rose not love this man was her question, finally realizing she was staring too hard she looked away.

“No I’m sorry I wasn’t looking either, I am sort of lost actually.” He told her as he checked her out, she was cute. “Maybe you can help me find my way?” he asked as he realized she wasn’t from here at all, in fact she had a southern accent. “I’m Nick by the way,” he said as he extended his hand to her.

“Romey…” she said as she shook it. “I know who you are…” she said when she saw him staring at her.

“Yeah, I get that a lot…so then I guess I am right when I suspect your not from here are you?” he asked.

She laughed, “Me from here oh no, just visiting family. I wish I could help you find your way back but, I wouldn’t be any good. I must go nice meeting you.” she told him as she smiled one more time to the blond man. Making a mental note to smack Rose, that man was divine.

He watched her walk away and just couldn’t stop staring at her. She was quirky and somehow made him smile. He watched her walk across the street and go into the coffee house; he just couldn’t leave like that…so with out thinking it twice he walked toward the coffee shop. He had time right? Then he could ask someone there for directions back to his hotel.

*******

“Oh my god Rose…you’re not going to believe who I just bumped into literally.” She told her cousin who was already inside.

“It’s nice to see you too,” she told her as she laughed at the look of surprise her cousin had.

“No seriously Rose…I just bumped into Nick Carter!” she said as she hugged her cousin.

Suddenly she felt her heart stop, “What? Here?” she said with a panicked voice.

“Yes, he is lost. Do you think he is here looking for you? I mean he did give you the divorce right?” she asked her as she grabbed her cup of coffee. “This one is mine right?” she asked after already drinking from it.

“Yes,” she said nervously. “Why would he be here? Wait, he’s here on tour. Crap.” She sighed now remembering that, from when she was working for them.

“By the way…what the hell are you looking for? He is so hot and those eyes…” she said sighing as she remembered there encounter.

“Yeah he’s hot. But AJ is – so much better.” She sighed as she remembered AJ’s naked body that night. “Wait, you didn’t tell him that you knew him from me right?” she asked.

“No he just assumed I was a fan I guess.” She told her as she continued to drink her coffee.

******

He had gotten close to opening the coffee house door when he saw her. In there sat the woman he had once thought he loved. Rose was sitting there, he couldn’t walk in anymore. Then he saw the girl he had bumped too, go straight to her. Romey was related to Rose. That explained her accent…he watched the two talk from outside, till he couldn’t take it anymore. Finally he decided to leave and find his way back. Without wanting to he had found Rose, while the one that wanted to find her couldn’t find her….

******

“Romey, can I speak to you alone?” he asked his niece.

“Sure, what’s up uncle?” She said as she kissed her uncle’s cheek.

“Could you shut the door please,” he asked as he pointed to the door. He smiled as she obliged and closed the door.

“Ok now you’re scaring me?” she admitted to him as she stared at him curiously.

“Don’t get all worked up Romey, I’m fine but I need a favor from you, see that box over there bring it to me please.” He ordered as he smiled to his niece assuring her he was fine.

“Ok,” she did as was ordered handed him the box.

“Now you more than anyone else knows how much I’ve hurt Rose since, my wife passed away. I guess in a way I wanted to protect her and instead I hurt her, but now I want to make it up to her. Now I know you know about this whole Backstreet boy thing and its fine I don’t expect her to trust me so quick. But, I am a father none the less a littler wiser, so I know she has some feelings for him…so I-…” he paused and pulled out two tickets from the box. “I went ahead and got front row tickets to there show here in London,” he finished as he handed her the tickets.

She grinned at him and spoke, “You know you’re just like mom, your bad,” she laughed as she looked at the tickets. “There’s just one problem with this, I don’t think she will go willingly.” She said as she began to think on how she would get her to go.

“Well that’s your problem Romey, I got the tickets. I know you also want her to be happy right? She deserves it you know,” he said as he touched his scar.

“Yeah she does, now just to give a you the heads up uncle. It’s not Nick that is driving her to insanity,” she told him. He had to find out sooner or later especially if she did bring AJ to meet him. AJ definitely wasn’t the type of man he would see his daughter dating, but he had changed so who knew.

********

“Ok seriously where are we going?” she asked her as she allowed herself to be dragged out of the cab. The blind fold was a little to much, “can I at least take this is off, I having a feeling I am going to fall!” she said as she tried to remove it only to get smacked on her hand.

“No I said it was a surprise,” she told her as she continued to drag her down the sidewalk. Smiling as she saw the O2 arena, “we’re almost there,” she finished.

Few steps later and she felt like she was no longer outside, “Where are we Romey, you’re scaring me…” she said as she heard screams.

“Ok you can take this off,” she had to scream into her ear as she removed the blind fold. She watched Rose look around at first trying to figure out where they were, but then she saw the look of anger and surprise when she heard the music.

“NO you didn’t, Romey!!” she was starting to back away but was surprised by Romey’s strength. “No Romey, please lets get out of here,” she begged.

“No we are doing this, I didn’t get front row for any reason,” she smiled at her cousin. “Besides I think you should talk to both of them, really a letter is not closure at all!” she said as she pulled her down the aisle to there seats.

She had stopped talking as she saw him, he was so enticing and his voice was all it took for her to just watch. “Isn’t he gorgeous?” Romey whispered into her cousin’s ear.

“Well I hate to break it down to you but, they are all hot.” She smiled at her cousin’s face.

*******

He was singing like always just minding his own business, when he saw her. He had to breathe and missed his part of the song, “sorry,” he mouthed to Kevin who looked at him with an angry face. After he sucked it up and just continued to sing. What was she doing there? He tried to out do his performance and impress her. But he didn’t even know why she was there. Was she here for mere entertainment or was she there to talk?

*******

All of a sudden she was last in the crowd; she searched for Romey with no luck. She began to be scared, “Romey!!” she screamed. She was beginning to worry as she made it to the outside of the venue, but she couldn’t leave with out her cousin. She still didn’t remember how she lost her. Hesitating not wanting to face AJ or Nick she turned back around and returned her steps back to where they had been sitting. By the time she had reached the chairs most of the arena was empty…

“I’m here!!” she screamed to her cousin. Smiling as her plan had worked, “Come on Rose…let’s go.”

“Oh my god Romey, you freaking scared the crap out of me…Where were you?” she asked stopping as she saw who stood behind her. “Johnny?”

“Hey Rose,” he came up to her and gave her a hug.

Rose returned the hug while giving Romey the look of death. “So how are you?”

“Me…good still can’t find someone who can get me my coffee like you did.” Johnny said as he smiled at her. “Now come with me you know you can’t leave here till you talk to someone. I had to come out here personally to get you…”

She tried to resist but she couldn’t it was Johnny. Rose took a sigh of defeat and followed him to the back part of the arena. She could still here the rush of the men at work taking apart the equipment they had used for the concert. “Ok this is where I stop and let you continue on your own,” Johnny told her and Romey who had also followed.

“You know you have become one of my most hated family members” Rose told Romey as she took a breath looking around the lounge area.

“You know you will regret saying that one of these days…” was her response.

“Well I think you should hate me more,” Nick said as he came in. He smiled as he saw Rose looking down to the floor. “I feel like I was a bad husband now? With you averting my face, I don’t hate you.”

“You should,” Rose said finally staring into his blue eyes. She felt relieved as she saw no anger toward her.

“Well I have to admit I am a little disappointed knowing that I couldn’t win your heart. Any who, I am man enough to understand and let you be happy again.” Nick finished saying that as AJ walked in slowly. “Now Romey how about you join me, I will have you meet the rest of the guys as we let these two talk.” He finished as he pointed to Rose then AJ.

“Ok,” Romey said as she gave her cousin a small hug. “Just call me if you need to go…but please do the right thing.”

He just continued to watch her silently; he wasn’t sure why he had Nick do this. He still felt like this was wrong, but his heart kept telling him it was ok.

“You know you staring at me like that doesn’t help this situation,” she said barely making herself be heard.

He cleared his throat, “I’m sorry but I just can’t stop staring at you, you look beautiful like always. I can’t help myself…I’m sorry about this but, Nick insisted.”

“So you told him?” Rose asked as she finally looked at him.

“God no, he figured it out on his own. I promise I didn’t have anything to with him finding out.” He felt bad as he saw Rose blame him.

“How did he find out?” she asked more to herself than to him.

“He didn’t tell me much he just told me to make you happy…and I want to really do that. I can’t stop thinking about you Rose. I am in love with you…” AJ said as he finally closed the space between him and Rose.

“I – don’t…” Rose tried to finish her response but was cut off by AJ’s lips. She felt overwhelmed but welcomed his lips with the same hunger he came on to her. She felt her tears come down her face as she kissed him back. But just like that her remorse returned and she pulled herself away from him. “I can’t I just can’t…” she repeated as ran out leaving AJ looking sad and baffled.