- Text Size +
The first concert was horrible she was running around, making errands for the management. She finally got a chance to breath, “I thought my job was to make sure the guys knew where they were suppose to be, take care of their schedule.” She said to no one in particular she leaned against a wall and closed her eyes for a few seconds.

“Well that’s your title but, you’re the new girl, so you are getting tested by management. See if you can handle the pressure, eventually you will only schedule us and get a coffee here and there.” He smiled at her as he saw that he had surprised her. “Sorry didn’t mean to catch you off guard.”

She smiled at Nick, “its ok, do you need anything?” she asked.

“No not really, well maybe I do. Do you want to join me after this whole mess for a drink at this really cool club? I know the owner; he’s a good friend of mine and AJ’s. We can drink and dance,” he gave her wide grin.

She hadn’t done that in a long time, she knew it was better to say no, but she couldn’t say that to Nick. “Ok, but I have to warn you though I haven’t danced in a long time, and it’s been even longer since I actually had a drink.”

“Hey, don’t worry you got the best teacher to teach you how to dance.” He said proudly and mocked some ballet moves for her.

“Oh, my I think you need to go on Dancing with Stars so you can get some lessons.” She laughed at Nicks moves.

He was about to return her comment with one of his own when he heard Johnny screaming Rose’s name at the top of his lungs. “I am guessing you are needed, so I will see you after the meet and greet. Don’t forget your going with me, oh and dress to impress,” he winked at her and made his way to the dressing rooms.

“Ok, I will. I’m coming she yelled back to Johnny.”

******

“Hey, Nick can I speak to you for a sec.?” said AJ as he saw him walk into the dressing rooms

“Yeah, just let me change real quick, if not management will kill me for not being ready.” He smiled at his friend; only to see a slight flash of anger from him. Why was AJ mad? Wasn’t he doing him a favor by taking Rose with him? He got to be with Sarah alone for almost a whole month. He should be thanking him right? Or maybe he was imaging what he saw. He shrugged it off and quickly changed, so he could get this over with.

AJ watched Nick run into his room and he waited patiently outside his door for him. He wanted to talk to him alone and for that he preferred his room. He saw Nick’s door open and quickly pushed him back in, closing the door behind him.

“What, was all that about,” asked Nick as he looked at his friend.

“I just don’t want anyone to listen in. Look I just want to warn you, don’t hurt Rose. She needs time Nick, just be a good friend. Don’t rush things, be patient.” He cautiously said as he took a seat on a chair.

He couldn’t hold it and started laughing. “What are you talking about? Rose is my friend and yeah I may think she is hot. But, I would never do anything she doesn’t want to do. Dude what is up with you; you should know me by now. Are you Jealous?” he asked as he cautiously looked at him straight in the eyes. “Oh, my god you are jealous.”

“NO, I…am not – ok maybe I am but not because you like her, I just think she was my friend first. Now she only wants to hang around you and well that kind of made me mad.” He answered to Nick’s question.

“AJ, she is your friend, she is always talking about how great you are and how you saved her life. She is very grateful for what you did for her; she will never stop being your friend. She doesn’t want to be the third wheel while Sarah is on tour with you. Now the truth is I really like her and when I think she ready to date I will definitely ask her out. She needs to start new and forget about her husband. But, trust me I won’t do it till I know its ok, right now I am just being a friend to her.” He patted AJ’s shoulder as he stood up.

“Ok, I trust you,” said AJ as he opened the door to the dressing room. “Now let’s go meet the fans,” he smiled at his friend and walked out. He friend was right and he was stupid for thinking wrong about him. Then why was he still feeling mad about the situation?

********

She put on her shoes and looked at herself in the mirror, she looked good. The black dress she had chosen was good, it was black just like her soul felt at the moment. Or at least most of her soul did. She applied some lip gloss on her lips and with that she was ready. She was really liking her new hair the auburn red was just nice. She was looking at herself on the mirror when she heard a light knock on his door, thinking it was Nick she went to answer.

“AJ,” she said as she saw him in front of her.

“Hey, wow you look good,” he said as he made his way inside her room. “I just wanted to stop by your room and just see if everything was ok.” He said as he stared at her in awe.

“Yeah, everything is great. I was just going to go actually, Nick invited me to join him at this Club.” She started to blush as she told him.

“Oh, well that’s great. I think I know where he’s taking you. I should go then so you can finish getting ready.

“Oh, its ok I am done.” She smiled proudly as she saw him stare at her.

“Good because you look good like that, you don’t need anything more,” he said as he twirled her around. She was gorgeous and her hair just fit her perfectly. He had the urge to touch her face and he did by pulling a strand of her hair to the back of her ear. He tried to come with an excuse as he saw Rose’s face of surprise. “I just think it looks better like that.”

She was feeling a little dizzy as she felt his touch on her face. His touch was electrifying and she was having trouble breathing. She smiled as she heard him tell her she looked better like that. “Thank you for you advice,” she told him. She then took off his sunglasses and spoke, “and you look better like that.” His brown eyes penetrated hers and she felt shivers on her spine.

He needed to leave, “I have to go, but, have fun. Nick knows how to have fun, I showed him how.” He went for a quick hug.

She closed her eyes as she gave him the hug. His arms were so strong, “Ok, I will,” she answered. He wouldn’t let go of her though, he held her in his arms. She finally pulled herself away and looked at him straight in the eyes.

He stared at her and for what seemed forever they just stared at each other. He didn’t know what was happening but he leaned in and kissed her.

She closed her eyes as she felt his lips on hers, it was a peck only but she grabbed his face and deepened the kiss. To her surprise he accepted and that was all she remembered before she felt fireworks in her stomach. He was a good kisser and he just made her feel like fire.

What was happening, what was he doing? He just couldn’t help it, he was enjoying this kiss. Finally he realized it wasn’t right, Sarah’s face came in his head. He pulled himself away and looked at her with embarrassment. “I’m sorry I – don’t know what happened I am so sorry,” with that he walked out of her room. Leaving her standing there looking at him leave, he felt horrible what had he done?

*******

On the ride to the club she had been very quiet and now here in the club she had been drinking like crazy nothing to strong but she was mixing her drinks. He could tell she was having too much fun and she was inevitably drunk. Something told him, that something had happened to her right before he arrived to her room. He shrugged it off and joined Rose to the dance floor, he was with her that’s all that matter.

She had forgotten how good Appletini’s tasted. She finished her martini and ordered another; she was in pain why had AJ kissed her and then leave her there with so many questions. Was he just playing with her? He apparently must’ve remembered about Sarah, he all of sudden pulled away and ran like he had seen a ghost. Maybe it was just a mistake, for him and she should let it go but the truth was she loved him. She suddenly felt someone behind her and turned to find Nick dance behind her. She pushed aside her thoughts just started to dance. God, she loved New York City it was an amazing City to bad they would head out to the next City tomorrow.