- Text Size +
He was crazy or something but he had seen the looks Sarah was giving him since… she had arrived. Something told him she had something up her sleeve and he was going to find out. He opened the door to his hotel room and there stood Sarah smiling at him.

“Hi, can I talk to you Howie?” she asked him in the sweetest voice ever.

“What’s the matter Sarah?” he asked in an annoyed toned. He saw her stare it was very uncomfortable and he didn’t like it.

“Well I would like to know what your problem is? I see the way you look at me… I don’t know what is the matter with you. I demand an explanation,” she said as she stood up and walked up to him.

Howie shrugged his shoulders, “I just don’t believe all this crap. You were pretty devastated with AJ and all of a sudden you’re back saying that you want to be with him again its crap.” Howie said.

“I was devastated Howie but I do love him and never really stopped loving him. How dare you think all this is not real your insulting me!” Sarah said raising her hand and was about to slap him when he took a hold of her hand. She was surprised, but again she raised her left hand only to have him grab it too.

“No you don’t” Howie said smiling at her. “I am merely giving my point of view. Not everyone has to agree with AJ’s decision to take you back. I know there is more to this and until I can get proof that I am wrong I will continue to believe it.” He let go of her and turned to open the door. “Now get out of my room.”

“You bastard,” Sarah said launching herself at him hitting him.

“What in the world is your problem?” Howie said annoyed yet laughing at her stupid tantrum.

“You don’t know me,” she told him as she continued to hit him. She was so angry and for an instant wanted to kill him. She did love AJ and maybe he had every right to think what he did but she was not going to leave him this time.

Howie grabbed her and pinned her down. “Look relax ok. You don’t need my approval so stop sweating it.” He stood up and cleared his throat.

“I can’t believe you!” she said as she stood up and went to hit him again. She was angry and before she knew what she was doing she crashed her lips to his.

Howie was startled as he felt her lips on his. His first reaction was to push her away and he did but this girl was something else. She clung to him and before he knew it he had surrendered to her kiss.

********

He had lied to Sarah and here he was room 205. He knocked softly and waited patiently for the door to open. Two weeks ago he had kissed her and since then he had avoided her like a disease. It looked like she was ok with it too. Why wasn’t she answering her door? He knocked a second time more loudly.

She stepped out of the restroom and heard a knock on her door. She told Nick she wanted to explore the town on her own today. Was he going to persist again? “Nick, I really can’t join you toda…” she shut up as she saw AJ standing there. She walked away and left the door open for him to come in.

“Uh, Rose I wanted to talk to you. Give you an explanation for my slip in New York. I will understand if you don’t want to hear me or if you never want to speak to me again.” He said as he looked at her again, he had not noticed she was only wearing a bath rob. She was barefoot and her hair was wet, but she was still cute.

He had gone through that situation in his head for over a week and he just couldn’t explain the attraction he had for her. She was young and gorgeous. She was funny and poised. She still had that innocent look in the outside, yet when you looked into her eyes you could see the wild and controversial side. She was an amazing cook and a great listener. She was Rose one of a kind. She was what his dream girl would be like, except it was suppose to stay in his dreams. He loved Sarah and his intentions were to be with her forever. Sarah was the woman; she was sweet and knew exactly how to please him. She was hot and dominant most of the time. She was a wild exotic animal and her voice was just divine. She knew him like the palm of her hand. Familiarity was good and that’s why he loved her.

“Look AJ I am not asking for an explanation ok,” she said as she brushed her hair.

“I know but I must. I love Sarah with all my heart and I love you but, not like that. You are my friend and my roomy. I don’t know what got to me, well I do, I mean you’re hot, super hot and well I just couldn’t resist your lips. I am sorry and I know you might hate me for it. It won’t happen again, but I need your friendship. I need you to be my friend and confidant for as long as I live. I want to be your friend and your confidant too.” He looked at her and saw the tears forming in her eyes.

He was just so romantic, she had to take a seat on a chair due to all he had said, and she felt weak in the legs. She wiped her eyes and even though she wished he would say he loved her as more than friends, she understood him. Sarah was his first true love – just like Rony was her first true love. He would always have a special place in her heart. The only difference was she had lost her first love and now she had fallen again for him for Alex. He was not available for her though he still had his first love…she smiled and spoke, “I understand and I guess I too wanted to see if you were a good kisser.” She started to laugh, trying to lighten the situation. She cared enough for him to pretend like she really didn’t feel anything more than friendship and gratitude toward him.

He laughed at what she said; she was such a great girl. That’s the kind of stuff that made her unique, she understood him. It was just a very weird moment that they both could forget about and continue to have a great friendship.

********

“To life for giving me another chance and live,” Rose said as she downed her tequila shot.

“Man your pretty wasted Rose,” Nick said laughing at her.

“I am not just a little bit,” she told him as she looked around the busy club. “Want to dance?”

“Ok,” Nick said as he took her hand and guided her to dance the floor. “Where’s everyone else?” she asked as she began to dance.

“They are around here, maybe not AJ and Sarah…” he said as he looked around.

“We should go,” Sarah told AJ as she took a seat next to him. “I am ready to go,” she whispered into his ear.

“I am not,” AJ said taking another sip of his water.

“Well I’m heading out,” Howie said as he looked down onto the dance floor catching Nick and Rose dancing. “At least Nick is having fun,” he said as he patted AJ’s shoulder.

“Hey Sarah why don’t you head out with Howie. I’ll just stick around for a little bit more. I’ll see you in a little bit. You don’t mind do you Howie?” AJ asked as he looked at the couple dancing on the dance floor.

“Are you sure?” Howie asked. He had been trying to avoid her since that incident and now here he was about to leave with her.

“I’ll just wait for you,” Sarah said looking at Howie with a smirk.

“I’m fine just go babe your tired and I’ll see you in a little bit.” AJ said patting her leg.

“Ok,” Sarah said leaning in to give him a kiss.

Howie rolled his eyes, “I’ll wait for you in the car,” he said walking away.

“I’ll see you,” Sarah told AJ as she walked away.

The song finished so he finally made it to where Nick and Rose were sitting. “You two are having fun,” he told him as he took a seat.

“Yeah,” Rose said laughing.

“Crap I have to go the Lou… I’ll be right back.” Nick said as he left.

“Where’s everyone else?” Rose asked as she looked at AJ.

“They left already.” AJ said looking at Rose in the state she was. “You’re in for a big hangover tomorrow.”

“I’m not that drunk,” she told him. “Fine no more drinks only water.”

“So you and Nick are getting along quite well.”

“He’s a great guy, I can never be bored with him around.” Rose said as she jumped of her chair and looked at AJ. “lets dance this is my song,” she said pulling him to the dance floor.

“You sure are drunk,” AJ said laughing at her as they began to dance. Why was he doing this? He knew it was not a good idea to be this close to her and not want to do more with her. He knew he should be with Sarah right now especially knowing she soon would be leaving the tour.

***********

Soon Sarah would be leaving and heading back to California. She was devastated and didn’t know how to explain what had happened. She couldn’t stop thinking about him – he was in her head and she couldn’t control her feelings. Everything she had planned had gone awry. She checked again to make sure he was asleep and sure enough he was gone. She slowly and quietly left the room she shared with AJ and walked to another one.

How could this have happened? He was supposed to take care of AJ not ruin him. He was in big problems, but how could he help it. He was falling in love with his best friend’s girl. He heard the knock on his door and ran to open it.

As soon as he opened the door she ran in and shut the door. She ran into his arms and gave him a kiss. Which he gladly returned, she wasn’t suppose to feel like she did but, Howie was so sweet. She knew deep inside this was killing Howie and she didn’t know how to make it better for him. “I am going to miss you so much,” she said between kisses.

“Don’t leave,” he said as he caressed her neck. He needed her with him.

“I don’t want to, but I don’t think I can stand another night with Alex,” she told him. “Unless we tell him, I know he will understand,” she looked at him questioningly.

“NO – not yet I don’t think I can face him yet. He’s like my brother Sarah and this will hurt him, he still loves you. You are his everything; we are just going to have to keep seeing each other in secret. We will call each other every night and will figure it out. Just give me time to confront AJ.” With that he grabbed her and kissed her passionately.