- Text Size +
Chapter Sixteen

"Why didn't you tell me when I called Beth? I would have come back." Howie said, rushing into the room. Bursting into tears, Beth rushed towards him. What a sight for sore eyes.

"I went home and the policeman driving around the block told me that you had checked into here. They said there was a break-in. What happened?" he asked soothingly. He led her to the bed, sliding her down gently onto his lap.

Trying to control her hiccupy sobs, Beth managed to tell Howie what had happened. As she spoke he held her tighter and tighter.

"Dammit. What kind of sicko would do something like that?"

"I don't know. I just missed you so much. But I didn't want you to come rushing home. I was safe here." she whispered into his strong neck. Her breath against his skin made him tense slightly.

"I missed you so much Beth." he murmured, running his fingertips along her shoulders.

Slowly Beth looked up into his eyes. No words had to be spoken. With care, Howie slid her back on the bed, caressing her face with warm soft kisses. With slow and deliberate movements, Beth slowly undid the buttons of his shirt. The sight of his powerful chest was the last bit of reassurance that she needed to truly know that she was safe.

Carefully removing her shirt, Howie trailed his kisses down her stomach. The time away from her had been torturous for him. He had never felt this way about anyone else before. The guys had teased him all through the trip.

* * *

"Hey D., should we move track nine up to track three or just replace track nine altogether?" Kevin had asked, leaning over the mass of machines. Howie sat staring off into space, an angelic smile spread across his full lips.

"Kev, I don't think he's paying attention." Nick whispered leaning towards Kevin.

"Yo D.," AJ said coming up from behind him. He hit him lightly between the shoulder blades. It was only then that Howie realized where he was. His mind had been with Elizabeth. My Beth.

"Hmm?" he mumbled as he looked up into the faces of his four snickering band mates.

"Man, you have got it bad for this girl. You're over there about ready to make out with yourself." Brian said with a laugh.

"I'd hate to be that girl when you get back. With all that built up animal magnetism you're going to tear her into shreds." Nick remarked laughing.

"I'd hate for you to be that girl too Nick. You may be blonde but you definitely don't have the figure or the right equipment." Howie said with a smirk, taking an empty seat next to Kevin. "Now you were talking about tracks?"

* * *

Floating back to the present, Howie stared down at Elizabeth. His eyes shone with hunger as he studied her. Her fingertips trailed along his lips, her own puckering sensuously. Oh how I want her.

Their lovemaking that night was urgently passionate. When it was finally over, Elizabeth slowly studied his face until her eyes met his. He couldn't take his eyes off her.

"I love you Beth." he said, bringing her fingertips to his mouth. Tears sprang into her eyes.

"I love you too Howie."

"Everything's going to be okay. We're going to make beautiful music together forever." he whispered, leaning towards her. He met her lips with his in a tender kiss.

Forever sounds perfect to me.