- Text Size +
Chapter Eighteen

With a confident stride, Helen made her way up to the stage. In a way she was glad that Elizabeth Montgomery had decided to stick around.

Now she will figure out she isn't as great as she thinks she is.

Opening her mouth, she started to sing as long as she could. Each word came out hot and angry.

I don't know why, why
But I'd love to see you cry
I don't know why, why
It just makes me feel alive


On and on she went, changing the lyrics with her own. Elizabeth couldn't help thinking how unusual the changed lyrics were. All through the song, Helen seemed to be staring only at her. Nervousness crept under Beth's skin.

She looks like she's angry at me. What could I have ever done to her?

With a satisfied smirk, Helen walked off the stage and right into her stepfather.

"That was...very nice Helen." Dean Williams said softly, staring at her. His eyebrows were raised in silent question.

"Well thank you. I was quite happy with my slight changes." she said, laughing softly. Stepping quickly around him she headed back into the changing area.

Shaking his head, the Dean quickly walked down the steps of the stage and directly up to Elizabeth.

"Elizabeth?" he asked.

"Dean Williams! Did you see the great performances?" Elizabeth said with a smile. She couldn't help but like the Dean.

"I did. You're a shoo-in. At least I think so." the Dean said, shooting a glance over at Professor Nordstrom.

"The results will be posted tomorrow." was his only response to the Dean's comment.

"Tomorrow can't come soon enough. Thank you again Dean for the wonderful comments. I hope this festival can go as well as our previous one." Beth said, giving him an angelic smile.

"You're welcome. Until tomorrow."

* * *

What the fuck?! How can this be? Those bastards. I'll kill every one of them.

With a new level of intense fury, Helen turned around and pushed her way through the crowd. Everyone was gathered around the list of people chosen to perform in the festival. Her name had not been on the list.

But Elizabeth Montgomery's name was. First she steals your Boy and now she's stealing your show. Are you going to let her get away with this?

"No." Helen whispered to herself. With squealing tires, Helen peeled out of the parking lot. She had to plan her revenge just right.

I know the perfect time.