- Text Size +
Chapter Nineteen

Bursting through the doors of the house, Elizabeth screamed out. At any moment she felt that she would bust with excitement.

"What's wrong? What's the matter?" Howie said, running out of the bathroom. A white towel was draped loosely around his otherwise naked body. Sunlight through the open windows made the water droplets on his chest glisten.

"I got in! I got in!" Elizabeth screamed again, throwing herself at him. Wrapping her arms tightly around his neck, she covered his face with luscious kisses.

"You did?" Howie said, laughing over her exuberance. Without any effort, he picked her up and twirled her around. He watched happily as her head fell back. Her laughter filled the air, making everything feel lighter.

"Yes. I was number one on the list!" she said, staring into his eyes. He set her down gently only to pull her close. His lips brushed against hers. She could feel the water droplets from his body soaking in through her lightweight blouse.

"I want to celebrate." she whispered, nibbling on his ear. Without another word her fingers latched the edge of the towel, swiftly pulling it away from his waist. She could feel his body tense in anticipation.

"A celebration sounds perfect." he murmured, burying his face into her neck. She felt his teeth brush against her skin. Giggling softly, she couldn't help letting her hands explore his frame.

There's nothing more perfect.

Scooping Elizabeth up in his arms, Howie couldn't help but feel a rush. He had never been able to give all of himself to just one person before Beth.

She's the one, Howie.

"Yes." he whispered in response to his thought. Elizabeth laughed softly.

"Yes?" leaning up, she stroked his face before kissing it softly. Eagerly, he returned the kiss.

"Just preparing my voice for the screaming." Howie responded, giving her one of his traditional winks. A bright smile spread across her beautiful face.

Howie laid her down on the bed. He watched as she slowly did a strip tease from him. His tongue flicked across his lips at her slow movements. She could feel his impatience.

"Would you care to help?"

"What do you think?"

With a laugh Howie crawled next to her, slowly undoing the buttons. With caressing hands he slowly deposited her clothes on the floor.

When all of the clothes finally lay strewn along the floor, Howie took a moment to drink her in. Elizabeth's eyes filled with love. Pulling him closer, she instigated a string of kisses along his shoulders and down his stomach. She could feel the warmth from his body on her already flushed face.

"You make me whole, Elizabeth." he whispered to her before ravishing all of his love on her. It brought tears to her eyes.

He is truly God's gift to me.