- Text Size +
Chapter Two

The first words that came to him were living doll. She was small in height but her figure made up for it. Her long blonde hair fell sensuously down and around her shoulders. She was wearing a tight t-shirt that accentuated her great figure. The shirt came up just enough to show her well toned stomach. Her faded blue jeans molded her hips and ended with flare legs.

For a few seconds Howie didn't even realize that it was five minutes past the time the class was supposed to start. Finally his thoughts were broken by a student’s voice.

"Are we going to start soon?" a scratchy voice towards the front of the room called out.

"Y-yes. Of course." Howie said clearing his throat. He saw the beautiful girl take an empty seat towards the middle of the room.

By going down the list of names to mark attendance, Howie found out that Elizabeth Montgomery was the girl that had already become the object of his eye.

"All right now that I have everyone marked I would like to go over my syllabus. Next class I will start listening to everyone individually to correctly mark your vocal ranges and assign you to a particular section. So if everyone can pick up the paper that is already on your desk..."

Picking up the paper slowly, Elizabeth quickly scanned the objectives of the class. While music was her first love, her parents insisted that she make business her major. Music had always soothed and consoled Elizabeth through some tough times in her life. It also carried her on a cloud during her happiest times.

Her mother had always downplayed her talent. After one elementary school recital her mother had come over, given her a quick hug and said softly, "Beth, you were great! But then again everyone was great. Not everyone can be a superstar."

Elizabeth knew that she couldn't really blame her parents. They just didn't want to get her hopes up. Yet, she knew in her heart that if she put all her determination into it that she could become someone.

Turning her attention back to the instructor, Elizabeth couldn't help but drink him in slowly. She had to admit that he was extremely sexy. While all of the other girls were squealing, Beth had made a point of staying out in the hall to read the background information on Howard Dorough.

While she had heard of the music, she wasn't anywhere close to being a teeny-bopper. She couldn't imagine fainting at the sight of a person. Even superstars could cry and bleed. They were only human. Weren't they?

But she did have to admit that the superstar standing at the front of the room was delicious eye candy. Having dated quite a few men already in her life, Elizabeth could tell a good looking man even with all the clothes that her instructor was wearing.

Howie, as he chose to be called, was dressed in a stylish pair of khakis that were neither too loose nor too tight. A black polo shirt rested comfortably over a body that Beth could tell was quite muscular and well toned. His hair wasn't as long as it had been in some of the magazines that Beth had actually seen. It was just below his ears and curled wildly making her want to tangle her hands into it even more.

Realizing that she was staring a little too intently, a soft blush crept into her cheeks and she quickly looked back down at the syllabus.

* * *

"So as I said at the beginning of the class, we will begin the vocal testing the next time we meet." Howie said. He set the paper he clutched tightly in his hands back down on his desk.

During the whole class it had taken all of the effort that he had within himself not to constantly stare over at Elizabeth Montgomery. At one point he knew that he had been studying her intently as she ran her tongue across her lips.

"Does anyone have any questions?" he said, trying to break his thoughts from the image of her tongue.

"Should we prepare some music for the testing? From which end of the alphabet are you going to start?" Norman Essleton, who owned the scratchy voice from earlier, asked.

"Don't prepare any music. I want to hear how you sound with an unfamiliar piece of music. And um..." Howie said biting his lip as he looked at the list of names. "We'll start in the middle. With the M's."

As soon as he said it he knew that he may have made his first big mistake. If anything he should have took A-M the first day so that he could end with her lesson. Now with her being practically the first vocal test he administered his mind would be on her the whole class. But it was already too late. Many of the students had already packed up quickly and left.

"See you next class." Howie said, surprised at the cracking of his voice.

Elizabeth Montgomery slowly rose, slinging her bag across her shoulder. Before leaving she turned around quickly to get one more glimpse of her enticing new vocal teacher.

She was surprised to find that he was staring right back at her. Giving a warm smile she walked slowly out, stepping in time with the beating of her own heart.