- Text Size +
Chapter Five

I don't like the way he's talking to her. What's so special about her? Is it because she's blonde? What a whore.

Helen Kendle stood in the shadows of the choir room watching the love of her life talking with Elizabeth Montgomery. The closeness between the two of them fueled a rage within her.

Pressing herself against the wall, Helen stayed in the shadows as Elizabeth exited the classroom. Slowly she turned to gaze at Howie. He was still staring out the door. Even from where she was standing she could see a hint of passion bubbling behind his chocolaty eyes.

He'll realize soon that she's nothing. She can't even sing. I'm the one he wants.

She watched as he lowered his eyes back down to his desk and began to pack his things. Without a sound she slipped out of the room.

Since the tender age of thirteen she had adored Howard Dwayne Dorough. Every spare inch of wall space in her room was covered with pictures of him. And when she had learned that he was teaching a class at Anderson Community College she had immediately enrolled, even though she didn't really have a choice between colleges.

He was more gorgeous in person that she had even dreamed. The sight of him wearing khakis that first class had almost sent her body into seizures. When he called her name she was almost positive that he spoke it with more passion than anyone else’s. Except Elizabeth Montgomery.

Elizabeth Montgomery had become an instant enemy in her eyes. The way she flaunted herself made Helen sick. Instantly she could see that the only thing Elizabeth wanted was a romp with her famous new music instructor. That bitch.

Walking briskly along the path leading to the administration buildings, she quickly stopped when she heard a voice directly behind her. "Hello. You're in my vocal class right? Isn't your name Helen?" The soft voice was sweet but Helen knew different. The voice belonged to the snake.

Slowly turning around Helen came face to face with Elizabeth Montgomery.

Everyone knew who Helen Kendle was. As the stepdaughter of Dean Williams, everyone wanted to make sure to get on her good side as quickly as possible.

"Yeah that's my name. What do you want?" she snapped at Elizabeth. Her face seemed to contort into disgust within seconds. Elizabeth stepped back surprised. What did I do to her? I don't even know her!

"I just wanted to say that I hope that we can get to talk more. It's obvious you like music." Elizabeth said cautiously studying Helen.

It wasn't that Helen was ugly. She wasn't. She was at least five foot six. Her dark brown hair was pulled up tightly into a ponytail. Her silver rimmed glasses seemed to be glued to her semi-bloated face.

She could be extremely pretty if she lost a few pounds.

"Of course I like music. But I don't have time to talk now. I have to go see my stepfather." Helen said with a tone of impatience. She stressed the word stepfather. "He's the Dean here you know."

"Oh, yes of course. He seems very nice." Elizabeth said as her mouth turned up into a pleasant smile.

"Try living with him." Helen answered shortly. Without another word she turned around and marched quickly away.

With a pounding heart Elizabeth walked towards her car. The events that had occurred already in these first few days of school had already exhausted her. And now I've somehow gotten on the Dean's stepdaughter's bad side. I could very well be screwed.

But then again Howard Dorough had told her that she could sing. He wanted to give her lessons. She could be a star. And she could have a hot steamy romance with a certain Latino pop star.

"Beth, don't be stupid." she whispered to herself as she started her car. "He's not interested in you like that. And you're not interested in him like that." Or are you?