- Text Size +
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Brian’s POV~
By the time we left the club, I’m pretty sure everyone knew about Hailey and I, and I couldn’t bring myself to even care.
Though I wasn’t so sure what would be more news worthy, Hailey and I, or Nick’s break up. Both were shocking to say the least.
Shaking my head, I turned and looked at the bathroom door where Hailey was taking a shower. I really wanted to join her, but I wasn’t so sure if she wanted me too.
Even though she said things were okay between us, I still could tell there was something bothering her and I really wanted to know what it is.
“Brian.” Hailey said breaking me out of my thoughts.
“Huh?” I asked looking up at her.
“I’ve been waiting for you.” She said putting her hands on her hips. “What’s taking so long?”
“Sorry.” I said standing up.
“No worries. Now get your fine ass in here.” She said and went back into the bathroom.
I pulled off my shirt and tossed it onto the bed. I kicked off my shoes and then made my way to into the bathroom.
I shut the door behind me and then sat on the toilet.
“Ya know I meant for you to join me in the shower and not sit on the toilet.” She said sticking her head out of the shower.
“I know.” I said and ran my fingers through my hair.
She shut the shower off and stepped out of the shower. She wrapped the robe around her and sat on the edge of the tub.
“What’s wrong?” She asked.
“What’s bothering you?” I asked. “And don’t lie to me.”
“I thought we were going to do this tomorrow?” She asked sighing.
“We were, but I need to know what’s bothering you.” I said and sighed.
“Just tell me you didn’t know what Leighann was doing, and we’ll be okay.” She said.
“You mean that she was cheating on me?” I asked. “And that fact that she’s not sure if the Baby is mine or not.”
“She what?” She asked shocked.
“That’s not what you were talking about?” I asked confused.
“No, I was talking about her stealing your money.” She said.
“How did you find out about that?” I asked.
“I was helping Howie go over your guy’s bank records and I noticed on Nick’s a small withdraw every month for the same amount. I asked Howie about it and he told me.” She said. “I guess Leighann told Leigh to do it to.”
“Was Laruen?” I asked.
“Oh yeah, but she didn’t get too much.” She said. “I put a stop to it before she could take anymore.”
“Is that why Terri was here?” I asked.
“No, we had always planed on meeting up when we came to Vegas.” She said. “But I started to plan this last week.”
“So you and Nick over then?” I asked.
“Yeah, I decide that I need to be a one man woman, for a while.” She said.
“How long is a while?” I asked.
“Until you get sick of me.” She said and shrugged. “That sounds good to me. What about you?”
“That sounds good to me too.” I said and grinned at her. “How about that shower now?”
“You know as soon as those pictures of us from tonight get out, the fans are going to go ape shit.” She said standing up. “You ready for that again?”
“We’ll deal with it as it comes.” I said and stood up. “I’m more worried about Leighann finding out.”
“Yeah, I’m dreading that to.” She said. “But we’ll get through it together.”
“You and me forever Babe.” I said and pulled her to me.
“This would be so much easier if I would have said yes in the first place.” She said.
“Maybe, maybe not.” I said.
“I guess.” She said and shrugged the robe off. “Now drop the pants Bud.”
“Make me.” I said and smirked at her.
She just raised an eyebrow at me. She grabbed my belt loops and pulled me to her.
“Don’t start something you won’t finish.” She said and ran a finger up and down my chest.
“Oh I plan on finishing.” I said and cupped her breast. “I think you’ll really like how I plan on finishing this.”
“So far you’re all talk and no action.” She said pulling away from me.
“You’ve seen nothing yet.” I said as she turned to turn the shower back on.
She turned back to me and ran her finger along the top of my jeans.
“God I love these jeans on you.” She said and unbuttoned them. “But right now I’d like them better on the floor.”
“Well what are you going to do about it then?” I asked and raised an eyebrow.
“Let’s put it this way, you don’t drop the pants, you ain’t get any tonight.” She said and stepped back into the shower.
I quickly unzipped my pants and dropped them, along with my boxers to the floor. I pulled back the shower door and stepped into the shower behind Hailey.
I pulled her to me and kissed her as the water rained down on us.
“God I’ve fantasized about having sex with you in the shower since I saw the video for ‘Quite Playing Games with My Heart.’ You have no idea how many times I watched that damn video.” She said. “My roommate about killed me, I watched it so many times.”
“Well I hope I can make all your fantasies come true.” I said and kissed her.
“I love the sound of that.” She said and grabbed my package in her hand. “This is going to be so much fun.”
I grinned and kissed her again.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
When I woke up the next morning, I rolled over hoping to find Hailey in bed, but all I found was an empty bed. I sighed and rolled out of bed so I could take care of my morning business. As I was washing my hands, I saw the note that Hailey left for me on the mirror. I smiled to myself as I pulled it down and read it.
“Gone shopping with Terri and Leigh. Lunch at 12:30. Love you. Hailey”
Smiling to myself, I walked back into the bedroom and started getting ready for the day.
Once I was done getting dressed, I went out into the living room area and found Nick and Howie watching TV. They both had huge smiles on their faces.
“Why didn’t you guys wake me up?” I asked sitting next to Howie.
“We liked our parts where they are.” Nick said.
“Hailey told us if we woke up, she’s make sure that we’d never get any again.” Howie said.
“Is that why Nick has a pillow over his lap?” I asked trying not to laugh.
“No Leigh and Terri backed her up.” Nick said. “They are scary on there own, but damnit all together they are worse then Jason or Freddy.”
“So what are we going to do now?” Howie asked.
“About what?” I asked.
“Everything.” Howie said and shrugged. “Have you heard from Leighann yet?”
“No, but then again I haven’t turned my phone on yet this morning.” I said. “Hailey made me turn it off last night.”
“Leighann’s gonna go ape shit.” Nick said.
“Yeah, well what about Laruen?” I asked.
“Oh she already went ape shit.” Nick said. “She went back to our room last night, Terri said we should go get my stuff, so we did. Laruen wasn’t happy.”
“Did Terri tell you why they set this up?” I asked.
“She said that it had to do with the talk I had with Hailey last week.” Nick said. “I really didn’t want to believe that Laruen would do that.”
“Leighann has been doing the same thing to me since we got married.” I said.
“What?” Nick asked shocked.
“Yeah, I found out right before we left for tour. She doesn’t know that I know yet.” I said as Nick’s phone rang.
He pulled it out of his pocket and looked at it then tossed it to me. It was Hailey.
“Hello.” I said answering the phone.
“We got a problem.” She said.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“Leighann knows.” She said.
“Already?” I asked.
“OH yeah, it’s all over the news.” She said. “I guess its big news when the Saint of the Backstreet Boys is caught with his tongue down his best friend’s throat.
“Shit.” I said. “You guys on your way back?”
“Yeah, we’re on our way. We’ve ran into some fans, who really aren’t happy about this.” She said.
“You guys okay?” I asked.
“Leigh and I are, we’ve dealt with this shit before, Terri’s about to kill the next person who says that Laruen is better for Nick.” She said. “And I don’t think I’d stop her. She just wants to come out and tell everyone what she did, but she won’t do that to Nick.”
“God I knew it would be bad, but not this bad.” I said.
“Baby, I told you the fans were going to go ape shit.” She said and sighed. “The sad thing is that we haven’t seen the worst of it yet.”
“I really wish I could say that you were wrong, but I know you’re right.” I said. “I’ll talk with the guys and see what we wanna do.”
“Okay, see you in five; we just pulled up to the hotel.” She said. “You might want to get AJ.”
“Okay, Love you.” I said.
“Love you too.” She said and hung up.
“I’m guessing the shit has hit the fan.” Howie said.
“Big time.” I said and ran my hand over my face. “Who wants to go get AJ up?”
“I will.” Howie said standing up. “Should I bring Rochelle too?”
“Might as well.” I said. “We’ll need all the help we can get.”
“Okay, be back soon.” Howie said and walked out of the room.
“What are we going to do?” Nick asked and sighed.
“I have no idea but we’ll figure it out.” I said. “It’s not like we haven’t been through this before.”
“I know, but the fans caught you cheating on Leighann.” He said. “They loved her.”
“I know, but I don’t love her anymore.” I said and shrugged. “God did I just say that?”
“Yeah you did. When did it happen?” He asked.
“Most likely when I started to hang around Hailey more, and I saw how much of life I was missing.” I said. “Not that I’d go back and change anything. I’m very grateful for what I have.”
“Baylee’s not going to take this well at all.” Nick said.
“Trust me I know. I hate to do this to him, but I can’t stay with her.” I said.
“Because you cheated on her?” He asked.
“She cheated on my first, with Hailey’s brother.” I said. “She’s not sure if the baby is mine or not.”
“God, I’m sorry Brian.” He said.
“Hailey’s helped a lot.” I said. “Even if she didn’t know it.”
“I’m glad I could help.” Hailey said from the door way. “Though I wish you would have told me from the start.”
“I didn’t want to worry you.” I said and stood up.
She just smiled at me as she set her bags down.
“How was shopping?” I asked as hugged her.
“Fine until your fans started to follow us everywhere.” Hailey said. “But other then that it was fine.”
“She’s candy coating it.” Terri said and sat next to Nick. “They were horrible.”
“You okay Terri?” Nick asked taking her hand.
“Yeah I’m fine they didn’t hurt us.” She said and smiled at him.
“Where’s Howie?” Leigh asked sitting down on the couch.
“He went to get AJ and Rochelle.” I said pulling away from Hailey.
“Good.” She said as I sat down.
She walked over and sat on my lap. I wrapped her arms around me.
“So what’s the plan of action?” Leigh asked.
“We were waiting for D and J to get here to talk about it.” I said. “What do you guys think?”
“We shouldn’t hide anything.” Hailey said. “That’ll make things so much worse.”
“I’m not sure if that’s the best option we have.” Howie said.
“Why not?” Hailey asked standing up. “No matter what we do, we’re gonna be put through the ringer. Yeah it’s gonna suck, but if we show a united front it won’t be so bad.”
“You’ve never had to face something like this before.” AJ pointed out. “It’s not that easy.”
“Just because I was never in the lime light, doesn’t mean I haven’t been through something like this before.” Hailey said. “No matter what we do, we have to do this together.”
“Why do you care what happens?” Rochelle asked. “You got what you wanted.”
“You have no idea what you’re even talking about.” Hailey said. “I never wanted this to happen, but damnit I’m not going to apologize for it. I love Brian, and no matter what people say it’s the truth.”
“Clam down Hailey.” I said and wrapped my arms around her waist. “It won’t do any good to get all pissed off.”
“Yeah well its better then jumping on a plane and going to Atlanta.” Hailey said and pulled away from me.
“She has a point.” Terri said. “Well more then one actually.”
“What do you mean?” Nick asked.
“Being a fan myself, I know what others are thinking, they don’t like change, and if you guys try and hide what’s going on, it’s just going to make it all that much worse for you guys.” Terri said. “Hailey’s right, if you guys come out united the fans will take it so much better.”
“Thank you Terri.” Hailey said.
“You’re my best friend.” Terri said standing up. “I’ll stick by you, no matter how much you tend to piss me off sometimes.”
“So what are we going to do?” Howie asked.
“Use the tools we have.” Hailey said. “Post something on Twitter, MySpace, Facebook, and your wed site.”
“Saying what?” Rochelle asked. “Yes, I cheated on my wife with my best friend and I’m leaving said wife for said best friend? You have to be kidding me.”
“She’s right Rochelle; we need to do this together as a family.” AJ said and put his hand on her shoulders.
“What about Leighann and Laruen?” Rochelle asked. “I really don’t care about Laruen she’s a bitch, but Leighann has been a friend to us all.”
“Leighann is not the person you think she is.” Hailey said. “She started this whole mess.”
“What are you talking about?” Rochelle asked.
“She cheated on Brian first.” Hailey said. “So don’t give us shit for something she did first.”
“Do you heave proof?” Rochelle asked.
“Yes.” Hailey said.
That shocked me.
“You do?” I asked.
“Later.” Hailey said.
“Shit, he didn’t.” Terri said.
“Don’t worry I’ll deal with him later.” Hailey said not looking at anyone.
“I think we should leave you and Hailey to talk, Bri.” Nick said. “We’ll start the plan.”
“Thanks Nick.” Hailey said and smiled at him.
“Don’t’ worry Babe, it’s gonna be okay.” Nick said standing up and took Terri’s hand. “Well make sure of it.”
“The only person I don’t want to get hurt is Baylee, he doesn’t deserve this.” Hailey said and wiped her tears away.
I just pulled her to me as the others left the room. The only sound was the click of the door as it closed behind them.
“I love you.” I said in her ear.
She didn’t say anything she just pulled me closer to her.
I really wish things didn’t things didn’t have to be this hard for us.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter End Notes:
please let me know what y'all think of this chapter