- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story will by pass all of Alex's alcohol issues. Meaning they don't happen. I know Howie is with Leigh, i have nothing against her.So, for the sake of this story they have never met. The reason for that is because, i don't want people to think i hate her so i will leave her out of this story.

Prologue



June 1995

The sun was shining brightly through the curtains of a room on the top floor of the hotel they found in London. The figure on the bed began to stir. Howard Dorough was beginning to wake up. Giving a sigh he reached over only to be surprised that his girlfriend was not next to him. Rubbing his eyes he sat up and looked at her now empty pillow only to find a note.

Howie
We have been together for four years. You have given me a feeling of love that I know no one will ever give. I am so sorry for not having the courage to say this to your face but I think it’s time we see other people. You have big dreams and I am only going to be standing in your way. Just know that you will always have my heart.
Love
Elizabeth.

With a look of confusion Howie read the letter over and over. His brow crinkled with both anger and sadness as he got dressed quickly and ran out his hotel room door. He had no clue what he was doing all he could think about was getting her back and into his arms again. What confused him more was the wording in her letter. He felt, in his opinion that he was the one holding her back not the other way around. On the contrary, he felt that she lifted him up to places he’s never felt before. Not knowing who else to turn to he ran to the only person he knew he could talk to.

He tripped over the plush hallway carpet as he came up to the familiar room number and knocked furiously on the door.

“Ashley open up please it’s an emergency!” he said

Alexander James “AJ” Mclean jumped up and looked around the room. He looked down at his girlfriend Ashley and cursed slightly shaking her awake. With no luck he gave a small groan as he put on his discarded Pajama pants and shuffled his feet to the door. He took a deep breath knowing that Howie would not be happy that a seventeen year old was going out with a twenty-two year old.

“Hey D! What a surprise what brings you here this morning?” He asked letting his friend in.
“What are you doing here? And where is Ashley?” Howie asked suspiciously forgetting for a second about his predicament
“Oh I was out late and Ashley let me crash on the couch you know She’s still sleeping, but I can give her a message is everything ok with you and Eli?” he said as he kept his cool
“She left me AJ.” Howie said as he looked down at the red carpet of the hotel room.

Alex gulped slightly. He knew he had to lie to him; he made a promise not to say anything about why Elizabeth left. Especially since Ashley would kick his ass if he told Howie the reason she left.

“I’m sorry many we didn’t hear anything about this, I can help you look for her.” AJ said as he heard the faint nose of Ashley waking up.

Ashley Montenegro sighed when she heard the voice of her best friend since high school and bit her lip. Passing her hands across her face she sighed and got dressed in a pair of slim fit denim and a loose tank top. Quickly brushing her honey colored long hair she walked out into the small living room of the suite. She cursed at herself as she saw Howie hunched over on the couch his head in his hands. Alex looked at her and she gave him a small shrug.

“Howie is everything alright?” she asked playing up her acting abilities.
“I know you know something Ash!” Howie said as he got up and looked at his friend.

Ashley sighed when she say the pain in his eyes. “Damn it.” she whispered as she sat on the couch next to him and put a comforting arm around his shoulders. Taking a deep breath Ashley gave Howie a comforting hug.

“Howie I’m sure whatever the reason Elizabeth left it was for a good reason, I mean you can’t expect her to go on tour with you all the time, and especially since she needs to finish school.” She said.
“But why couldn’t she tell me that herself instead of and I quote “I’m only going to hold you back” that makes no sense Ash!” Howie said as he got up frustrated.

Ashley gave AJ a look that explained that she was going to tell Howie what it was all about. AJ shook his head furiously only to stop and whistle when Howie looked at him strangely.

“Look D I have no idea what has been going on in Elis head but give her time to come around” Ashley said.

Howie sighed and got up off the couch making his way to the door. He looked back to his friends who gave him sad smiles and he disappeared into the hotel hallway.

“I love Eli like a sister; but, that was just wrong” He said as he pulled away from her and walked to the couch.
“I know but it’s her decision to make, her motives are very weird she needs to stop being scared….Besides I have no idea what she is scared of.” She said as she flopped down on the couch next to him.
“I think she’s scared of what he’s going to think of her.” Alex said.

Howie made it back to his room his legs barely able to keep him up from all the emotional stress he has gone through. He stared off into space as soon as his body hit the bed, His mind blank and his heart broken. All he could think about was ending his pain.