- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I am on a roll! I just hope my muse can keep up with me!

Chapter 11

Kevin sighed as he looked at Nick and Brian. He hadn't told anyone that he knew why Elizabeth had left. Hell he heard the whole conversation and the threat made against her. Even though he had begged her to tell Howie she made him promise not to tell anyone about what he heard. He couldn't help but worry about what would happen now that Howie had found Elizabeth and his kids.

"You doing ok there Kev?" Nick asked as he snapped Kevin out of his thoughts.

"Yeah Nick I'm fine, Just thinking about what to say when we get there" He said quietly

"What do you mean by that?" Nick asked as he gave Kevin a questioningly look.

"I don't know what I think about this whole situation that's all" Kevin said brushing Nick off.

Just then the pilot announced that the plane would land shortly and for everyone to put on their seat belts. Brian looked to his cousin questioningly and wondered what was going on in his head. He only hoped that this whole drama would be over and he could see Leighanne again.
Back in Hawaii, Howie was nudged gently by Joshua to wake up.

“Dad, wake up” he whispered

“Is everything ok?” Howie asked

“I want to show you something” he said as he pulled his dad up from the couch.

Joshua lead his father to the back porch and out onto the beach. In the distance Elizabeth sat staring off into the horizon. Howie stopped just a few feet away from her. Joshua looked at his father’s face and sighed. Whatever happened between his parents he felt they needed to just fix it.

“Dad, you should keep trying to talk to her” Joshua said as he started to push his father towards his mother.

“Ok, Ok don’t push” Howie said as he slowly walked towards Elizabeth and sat next to her.

“What brings you out here at this time?” He said softly.
“I couldn’t sleep” she said simply

“I know you said you don’t love me, but I can at least help you out as a friend” He said.

“I know, I was so excited when I found out I was pregnant, I knew we weren’t married but I didn’t care, and then I realized that, you guys were just starting to make it big, how would that look? So I just left” she said softly. At the same time leaving out the part about being threatened.

“I guess what’s done is done” Howie said knowing full well what she wanted for now.

“Alex told me Kevin, Brian, and Nick are on their way” she said

“Yeah, they will be really surprised” He said.

Just as the sun began to rise Elizabeth laid down and placed her head on Howie’s Lap. With a soft sigh she fell asleep from exhaustion. Howie smiled and gently picked her up. Joshua had already gone back inside and to his room. Carefully Howie brought Elizabeth back into the house and placed her on her bed in her room. Not being able to resist him gently kissed her forehead and whispered to her.

“I love you Ells, no matter what happens between us you still have my heart and soul” and with that he walked out of the room and headed back into the living room only to have his children waiting for him.

“Daddy, are you going to take us away from mommy?” Jocelyne asked as she held on tightly to her stuffed bear.

“Of course not sweet heart, I would never every think about taking you away from your mommy, she is the sweetest best mommy in the world” he said as he hugged his children.

“Does that mean you and mommy are going to get back together?” Howie Jr asked.

“I don’t know about that son, I think we will leave that up to your mommy” Howie said as he looked at the time on the clock. “Why don’t we get breakfast going for everyone, we’ll let mommy sleep in for today” He continued as he made his way into the kitchen with the triplets.

The smell of bacon eggs and pancakes soon filled the air waking up Marco, Ashley, and Alex. Marco helped the kids get ready for school as Howie cleaned up after their breakfast. Making sure everything was cleaned and the kids had all of their things, Howie decided to walk the kids to school today. On their way the kids showed Howie all of the neighbors and their favorite spots. Just as they got to the school Howie noticed Jake the kids P.E teacher.

“Ok, kids why don’t you guys go in I need to talk to your P.E Teacher for a second” He said and walked towards Jake.

“Look bra I don’t want any trouble” Jake said

“I only came here to apologize and to tell you to take care of Elizabeth, she is the best girl in the world” Howie said as he started to walk away.

“Don’t worry, I will take care of her” he said and walked towards the school.

Howie couldn’t shake the feeling that there was something off with Jake. However, he didn’t have enough evidence to think otherwise. He would just have to keep a sharp look out for anything off. In the distance Jake watched as Howie walked away. He took out his cell phone and dialed the familiar number.

“It’s me” he said losing the surfer accent.

“It looks like Elizabeth and Howie have parted ways, but I am not sure he

will let her go” He said to the person on the other line.

“Do whatever you have to do to keep them apart” Said the person on the other line.

“No problem” Jake said as he hung up the phone.