- Text Size +
Chapter 5
It was not long before Ashley, Marco, and AJ were back with pizza for everybody. Elizabeth woke the kids gently so that they could have their dinner. Howie could not help but look at Elizabeth every now and then. He watched her as she interacted with the kids and made sure they ate and were happy. He also noticed that AJ was looking at him looking at Elizabeth.

“Ok guys we have time for TV and then its bed you guys have school tomorrow,” Elizabeth said with a respective groan from the Triplets.
“But Mom…..” They each said.
“No buts, you guys need to focus on your books, and you have two weeks to spend with your Father and your Aunt Ashley and Uncle Alex so don’t complain,” She said as she started to clean up the dining room.
“Let me help” Howie said softly as he helped Elizabeth clean up the table.

While Howie and Elizabeth were washing the dished Marco, Ashley, and AJ sat around the living room with the kids watching whatever program caught their attention on TV.

“Uncle Alex, can we please watch the home videos we have?” Jocelyn asked innocently giving AJ the ‘puppy dog look’.
“Ok, but only one video tonight” he said as he rummaged through the videos. “Ah ha” he said when he finally found the video he was looking for.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ Video~*~*~*~*~*~*~
“Smile for the camera” A young Howie, said as he filmed what looked like the inside of a dance studio.

We see Elizabeth warming up at the ballet barre. Her shoulder length hair placed in a tight bun. Her face had just a little hint of makeup and she was smiling from ear to ear. Marco could be seen bouncing around trying to get Howies attention.

“Can you please put the camera on me and stop checking Eli out” Marco said as he had walked up to Howie and pulled him away from Elizabeth.
“Ok so what are we doing at the dance studio today?’ Howie asked
“Today we are going to see Elizabeth’s solo piece for college,” Marco said.

It wasn’t long before the video showed the work that Elizabeth put into her dance routine. She glided across the room with such ease and grace. Her pirouettes were flawlessly executed. Her jumps made her seem that she was flying. It wasn’t long before she was seen balancing in Arabesque for her finally. Howie could be heard whistling and cheering.

“Oh stop it” Elizabeth said and blushed.

It wasn’t long before Marco took the camera from Howie. Howie walked towards Elizabeth and gave her a small kiss on the lips. Ashley finally made her appearance by storming in.
“Sorry I missed it but I was at an audition for the community play. They decided on letting us perform Cats this year” she said.
“Cool I hope you get the part” Elizabeth said and hugged her.

~*~*~*~*~End Video~*~*~*~*~

“Ok guys I think it’s time to go to bed” Elizabeth said.

She was leaning against the small wall that divided the kitchen from the living room next to the TV. She looked at her kids and motioned for them to say goodnight. Howie watched as the kids hugged Marco, Ashley, and Alex, while they only gave a small wave and a very low goodnight. He then watched as Elizabeth followed her kids to make sure they got ready properly and to tuck them in.

“I almost forgot we made those videos” He said softly.
“Yeah she still has them” Marco said.

Howie found himself in deep thought before speaking again.

“Does she still dance?” He asked more to himself then to anyone.
“Yes, I guess you can say I do that” Elizabeth said as she walked back in. “I own a dance studio with Marco, we teach the locals here” She said and sat down on the arm of the couch.
“Wow, I should check it out sometime” He said.
“I rather you didn’t, I don’t want the girls to start a riot” She said dismissingly.

Marco, Alex, and Ashley winced at the sound of the harsh tone she gave Howie. Howie just looked at Elizabeth, her demeanor had changed. It felt as though she wanted him to leave. Howie stared at his hands and stayed quiet for the rest of the evening. It wasn’t until he noticed a pair of blankets and a pillow being handed to him.

“You can sleep on the couch if, you’d like, I’m sorry I don’t have any more extra beds” she said.

Howie took the blankets and sighed. He would have to go to his hotel tomorrow and change his clothes there. By the time He settled on to the couch Elizabeth had turned off all but the light on the table next to Howie and retreated to her room. Laying his head on the pillow Howie stared at the ceiling his arm casually placed behind his head. He took a small look to his right and noticed a picture frame in front of him on the coffee table. Sitting up he took the frame and looked at it. It was a picture of Elizabeth with the triplets at around age one. He smiled at how much the kids looked like him and Eli combined. Howie gave a slight smile and imagined what it would be like if he was in the picture. He wished he had tried harder to find her and he kicked himself for insulting her. Nothing hurt more than the image of her in another man’s arms.

Elizabeth had changed into her white nightgown and slipped into the bed. The sound of the crashing waves gave her a small relaxing feeling like it did every night. She too was staring off into the blank emptiness of the ceiling. Her soft brown eyes gave it away that she was thinking. Was she doing the right thing by finally seeing someone different? She only hoped it was the right choice. She figured Howie had moved on and had a girlfriend. She could only remember what that man said to her if Howie ever found out about his kids.

“If I get word that Howie knows about his kids, I will tell the courts you are an unfit mother and trust me it will be my people evaluating you” the voice said.

Taking a deep breath she closed her eyes and frowned. She would await the oncoming storm. If anything should happen she knew Howie would at least have his kids. Unless they took a DNA test and the doctor was working for the same cruel man. If that were true, then she would lose the kids forever. That thought brought tears to her eyes and in those tears she drifted into a deep sleep not knowing what the next day could bring.