- Text Size +
Chapter 8


Elizabeth reached the small shopping center where her studio was and decided to immerse herself in dancing. Making sure the door was locked she walked into Studio A and turned on the stereo. Giving herself a quick warm up and stretch, she made sure she was ready for what she was about to do. Walking to the stereo area she flipped through the CDs until she found the right CD to place in the CD player. Taking a deep breath she put herself in the middle of the dance floor and waited for the right moment.

The moment I said it
the moment I opened my mouth
lead in your eyelids
Bulldozed the life out of me
I know what you're thinking
But darling you're not thinking straight
Sadly things just happen.... we can't...... explain


Elizabeth turned to the mirror and covered her mouth as her right leg was brought up through a developé. She moved her arms upwards as she held her balance and from there brought her leg down through a retiré and placed herself in fourth position. Her arms lowered as her hands passed over her eyes and she went into an andedame (inside) pirouette. She landed in Attitude and sank to the floor on her knees. She began to make herself seem like she was running out of breath before having her body drop completely to the floor. Pulling herself in a straight line on the floor she then curled herself into a ball and rolled towards the back of the room.

It's not even light out,
But you've somewhere to be - no hesitation
No I've never seen you like this
And I don’t like it, I don’t like it, I don’t like it at all


She got up on one knee and stretched both arms forward as she going to grab something or rather someone. She crawled with her body straight up her knees rubbing on the floor as she did this. Letting her torso drop as if in defeat; she got completely up and began doing cheiné turns towards the diagonal stopping in relevé facing the mirror. Here she prepped for a barrel jump/turn in the air and landed once again on the floor on her knees.

Just put back the car keys
or somebody's going to get hurt
who are you calling at this hour
sit down, come round, I need you now
we'll work it all out together


It wasn’t long before she felt winded and just dropped completely on the floor and laid on her back. The tears were now falling from her eyes and she softly began to sob. She listened to the rest of the song and let all her feelings out. It was the first time in years she felt very emotional while she danced. Taking a deep breath she pushed herself up and sat there staring off into space.

we're getting nowhere tonight
now sleep, I promise, it'll all seem better somehow
in time

It's not even light out
Suddenly, you've somewhere to be
No hesitation
mmm...I've never seen you like this
Your scaring me, You’re scaring me,
Your scaring me to death

Don't..oh, smash....please
Don't...oh.....and another one
Don't...oh.....and another one

I'm losing you.......I'm losing you

Trust me on this one
I've got a bad feeling
Trust me on this one
You're going to throw it all away
With no hesitation

Bye bye bye bye bye bye
bye bye bye bye bye
bye bye bye
bye


At the end of the song Elizabeth got up turned off the stereo and headed out of the dance floor. She looked at herself in the hallway mirror and sighed. She made a quick trip to the rest room and washed her face. Looking at the time she sighed, it was already two in the afternoon; and the kids would be out at three. She shook her head and walked to the office ready to dive into the paper work she had to finish. She looked over the usual bills and forms and began making the payments for the studio to survive. Her students would be arriving at five giving her some peace and quiet for the time being. It wasn’t long before Elizabeth heard the knocking at the door and smiled to see two of her students early for their class. She looked at the clock to see that it was already four fifteen in the afternoon. Giving a smile she unlocked the door and let them in.

“Hi you guys are you ready for class today” She said and hugged them.

“Yes we are, Emily was practicing all day today” her older student Michelle, who was ten, said about her four year old sister.

“Good, we are going to be busy with preparing for the show in June” Elizabeth said as she sat down on the chairs in the lobby.

“The girls are so excited, they can’t wait, and I know this year is going to be very good” Their grandmother said.

Elizabeth smiled and blushed at what their grandmother said. She played with Emily a bit and talked to Michelle about what happened at school and smiled when she saw her own kids coming into the studio.

“Hi you guys how did it go at school today?” She asked as she hugged and kissed them.

“Well their teacher said that they are the best behaved children she has in her class, and that they have a great mom looking after them”

Elizabeth looked up to see Howie standing with his hands in his pockets leaning against the door.

“Thank you for bringing them over you can go back to the house” she said softly avoiding his gaze.

“I thought I would come by and help out, Marco told me to tell you he can’t make it, and he’s not feeling well” He said lying for Marco.

“I know Marco has a date you don’t need to lie for him” She said and gave him an annoyed look.

“Ells…” He started

“Don’t call me that” She interrupted him

“Elizabeth, please let me help, I promise I will be out of your hair in a helpful way” He said and gave her the all familiar puppy dog look. She looked to her kids and sighed they were giving it to her too.

“Darn it, alright, you can answer the phones and take the payments, Marco has a list of who owes what for the month” She said and led him to the desk she had set up for Marco.

Once Howie was settled Elizabeth went back to greeting the students and parents as they came in. She made sure the girls had on the right shoes for the class and that they put their bags away in the special lockers she had set up in the back of the studio they would be using. Howie couldn’t help but smile at the way Elizabeth interacted with her students and at the same time was never neglecting the triplets.

“Ok you three, you guys need to get that homework done pronto before, Mrs. Lorenzo gets here for your lesson” She said before she walked into the studio to begin teaching her class.

Howie looked at his kids and pondered for a bit.

“Wait, she doesn’t give you your dance lessons?” He asked

“Nope” Jocelyn said simply as she started her homework.

“She always told us that it was bad for her to teach us, after all she is our mom, and it wouldn’t look good if she did” Joshua said.

Howie looked to Jr who had usually always stayed quiet. He studied his kids as they interacted with their dance classmates who also had homework to finish and smiled. He liked the feeling of being a dad, but at the same time he didn’t want to push himself into their lives.

“What do you guys say if we go out for pizza when your mother gets out?’ He asked simply while writing out a receipt for one of the parents.

“Cool” The triplets said simply.

Howie nodded as the rest of the time the triplets concentrated on their homework. He wasn’t sure how, but he was very sure that he was going to do his best to be a good dad. Taking a deep breath he smiled inwardly and got up from the desk and walked to the door of the studio where Elizabeth was teaching. He watched as she walked by the row of students fixing their positions and arms. He watched as she explained intensely the position of the body and even made funny sounds to get the attention of the smaller girls. He knew that he would do everything in his power to have her back in his arms even if she was pushing him away.

Chapter End Notes:
* Song is called "The moment i said it" By Immogen Heap