- Text Size +
Chapter 1
They always screamed! Every last female and it was intoxicating as hell! Why, because we were THEM. Welcome to the world of Backstreet, but in particular, welcome into the world of Nicholas Gene Carter, although, not the world that you think you know! Oh, no, what you think you knew is not the truth. The story you know of how Backstreet got together was made up to impress, to sell, and to cover! I’m going to take you on a journey, so you can see and understand just how we got to be the group, Backstreet. Let’s first say that what my world has become, the toughest don’t even want to tread through it. Perhaps I should take you back, back to the start, back to when there was no group, just me, back to when SHE walked into my life…


“That’s a daring bet.”

“You don’t get anywhere in this world if you live on the safe side.” Her lips lifted into a smile and damn was she sexy. Her eyes turned to the man who started rolling the ball, landing on the number that she had put all her chips on.

“Damn, that’s over 5,000 dollars.”

“5,250 to be exact.”

“I guess you do live dangerously.”

“Oh, on that cutie, you have no idea.”

“May I buy you a drink?”

“I might like that.”

“Names Nick.”

“Theresa. It’s a pleasure.”

“No, no, I have to say the pleasure is all mine.” She smiled and I was fixated on her lips.

“Be careful what you say, you don’t know who you’re talking to, you know.” With that, she gathered up all her chips and turned to walk away. She stopped, stood still for a moment and turned back around. She placed her hand on my arm and I felt a shock rush from that spot, down my spine, and straight to the lower part of my body. “Not every female you meet is a pleasure.”

“The beautiful ones are.” Those damn lips once more curved up.

“Those are the ones you should be weary of.”

“Don’t leave. What about that drink?” She cocked her head to the side and her eyes raked over me.

“I’ll be back around.” I watched her walk away, her hips swaying ever so lightly. She stopped, talked to the man who had been watching her and linked her arm through his. Well, if she was with him, he sure was allowed her to flirt with others! I sighed as I played with my chips, hearing a voice from the back of my mind to place a thousand dollars on the number she just played. I shook my head, but, thought better of it and placed that much on the number five. I just about fell out of my chair as the ball landed on the same number. I glanced around, seeing no one around me, nor seeing her. But, I knew that voice, even from the few moments of talking. It was slightly softer, slightly husky, slightly seductive, and oh so different. Damn, and all I had was a damn name to go on. But this casino was rather big, how was I going to find her? I ran my hand through my blonde locks and sighed, realizing that I just may not find her. That if I was going to see her again, and I truly wanted to for some unknown reason, she would be the one to find me. How I knew that, I couldn’t answer, but like that voice, I just felt it, just heard it. I shook my head, signaled that I wanted to cash out and made my way over to the bar.

“What can I get for you?”

“A sex on the beach,” the mysterious voice responded. I turned and looked at her, and felt the strain in my jeans. Oh hell, this was one woman that you certainly did not want to get mixed up with. But, when did I ever listen?