- Text Size +
Chapter 2
I closed my eyes, sighing as I tried so very hard to clear my thoughts of her. Damn, I only saw her like twice! But, those eyes, that voice, they were just killers. I pictured what her eyes looked like when they were passion filled. Could hear her moans, her breathless gasps, her passion filled cries. I groaned, throwing my arm over my eyes, hoping that would blot out those images. I couldn’t begin to understand why my mind was thinking about her. Hell, she even had a boyfriend. At least, that’s who I assumed that tattoo freak was. And, if that was true, than they weren’t close because I know I saw him hitting on another female. I turned over on my side, seeing the red flow of my alarm clock. Shit, I had to be to work in four hours and still couldn’t sleep. I rolled my eyes and threw the covers off of me and walked over to the window, glancing out at the city lights. I leaned my forehead against the glass and freaked as I saw her eyes staring back at me. I quickly rubbed my eyes, heading into the shower. Damn, this was bad indeed.

-----
“Dude, you look horrible.” I glanced over at my brother and threw him my finger. I was not in the mood at all this morning. “What, you didn’t get laid last night?”

“Grow up some, Aaron.”

“I think you need a woman.”

“I think you two need to shut up. It’s time to work.” I glanced down at my watch, sighing for I knew I had to figure out a way to get out early today. I needed to go back to the casino, and not even to gamble. And that was a first for me.

-----
Five hours later, I made my way over to the location, or at least what I assumed was the location. At night, it looked more like a casino than it did now. In fact, it looked like it belonged to part of a rather old castle. Not that it wasn’t interesting, for it was, just not what I thought. I threw my car into park, gazing at the castle through the passenger window.

“Can I help you, Nick?” My head quickly turned around to look at her. My eyes raked over her attire, the black corset, the black pants, hot damn did she look good. I saw her smirk ever so slightly and started to shake my head.

“I got off of work early.”

“Thought you’d lose some more money?”

“I didn’t lose last night.”

“That you didn’t. I watched you actually. Left early though. I missed you.” I gulped. She missed me? How in the world was that possible?

“Thought you had a boyfriend.” She shrugged, so ever innocent.

“Not pre say. And you, are you single?”

“Maybe, why?”

“I don’t like women coming in the way of men that I like.” Oh, crap, there was that lump again! I was 25 here, why was I flippin getting tongue tied around her? She smiled, her hand reaching out to brush through my hair. “I’m sure you hear it all the time, but you have got amazing eyes. It’s sad to say someone as sexy as you hasn’t been snagged up yet.”

“Looking for the right woman.” Those lips that I was fascinated with tugged up into one hell of an evil, yet all too inviting, smile.

“You’ve found her, Mr. Cater. I got some things I have to do, will you by later?”

“You promise to visit me for more than a few minutes?” She leaned in through the window, her lips inches from mine.

“It’s a promise.” With that, her lips softy pressed against mine before she left, walking towards the castle. I rested my head against the head rest, dazed! I wasn’t usually one to go after fast women. But she was classy, and damn, she was sexy. And she could just be the one I saw myself with forever.

-----
She watched as the Cadillac drove away, her tongue running over her lips, still tasting that ever brief taste. She knew he entered the room, and could feel the anger rising up in him. And to herself, she had to smile.

“I don’t like him.”

“You wouldn’t.” She glanced over at him as he stepped up beside her.

“He’s too young.”

“Alexander, my love, jealousy doesn’t look good on you.”

“I’m not jealous.” She gave him a pointed look and he sighed. “I don’t think he’s the right one.” That earned him a rather heated stare. And he knew he was walking a rather thin line. She was smart, cunning, but very much a vampire, and one you didn’t want to piss off. Which, he was doing, he knew this, but he had to question her thinking.

“It’s not your job to think, it’s your job to do what I say.”

“Theresa, I’m aware. And I think I’ve been doing just that.”

“Than why are you questioning my judgment? Are you unhappy with the life I have given you these last precious days? Women fall at your feet. Men are jealous of you. The music, the fame, the tons of adoring fans will come. But, only when I can do what I’ve been planning on doing.”

“I know.”

“Than know this and understand this. These men I have appointed, I’ve been watching. Just like I watched you. I have set them up in my mind; they are getting what they want, exactly like how I worked it out with you.”

“It’s just…” Her hand was wrapped around his throat and he was pushed up against a wall before he could finish his sentence.

“I’m telling you for the last time, I know of what I do. You want to question it, fine, but you will join your lovers, for I will kill you myself!”