- Text Size +
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter One
~Nick’s POV~
Sitting at the airport waiting for our flight was the most boring thing ever. Laruen wasn’t really talking to me, she was off sitting with Leigh. AJ was wrapped up in Rochelle, literally. And Howie was on the phone with his Mom. Brian and Hailey were off talking to each other.
I looked up and saw Howie hang up his phone. He walked over and sat across from me.
“Bored?” He asked and raised an eyebrow.
“Yeah, how can you tell?” I asked looking around again.
I saw Hailey stand up and walk away.
“I wonder where Hailey is going.” I said looking back to Howie.
“Want me to go find out?” He asked raising an eyebrow.
“If you want.” I said and waved him off.
He just shook his head and stood up. I just watched him walk away.
“So Nick, what’s going on between you and Hailey now?” AJ asked turning to me.
“Wow, you’re talking to me now?” I asked looking at him.
“Shut up Carter.” He said and rolled his eyes. “So?”
“Nothing we’ve gone back to not talking again.” I said looking towards Brian and Howie.
“You okay with them?” He asked.
“With who?” I asked looking at him.
“Bri and Hailey.” He said. “Duh.”
“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?” I asked. “He’ll be good for her.”
“So you’re gonna give her up then?” He asked.
“She was never really mine to begin with.” I said shrugging. “The only man she’s ever belonged to is Brian.”
“That is so true.” He said and looked over at Brian. “She doesn’t look happy to see Howie talking to Brian.”
I looked over to see Howie throw up his hands and walk back over to us. He threw himself back in the chair he was sitting in before.
“She just went to get some water.” Howie said.
“What’s going on, she didn’t look to happy to see you.” I said.
“The shit is about to hit the fan.” Howie said.
“What’s that supposed to mean?” AJ asked.
“We’re in for trouble.” Howie said.
“Aren’t we always?” I asked.
“Yeah well this time it’s not Hailey’s fault.” Howie said and sighed.
“What’s going on?” I asked.
“I have no idea where to start.” Howie said. “It’s really complicated.”
“Does it have anything to do with what Hailey tired to talk to me about?” I asked.
“Partly, but most of it has to do with Brian and Hailey.” Howie said.
“Is everything okay?” AJ asked.
“For now, yes it is.” Howie said. “But I have a feeling soon the gloves are going to come off and someone’s gonna get hurt.”
“Is there anything we can do to help?” AJ asked.
“No, this is something they have to figure out on their own.” Howie said. “So Nick what did you do to piss Laruen off?”
“I have no idea.” I said ran my fingers through my hair. “But apparently it was something bad.”
“Like sleeping with Hailey?” AJ asked.
“Yeah like that.” I said. “How she found out I have no clue.”
“Who knows?” AJ said and shrugged. “I’m shocked you kept it hidden for so long.”
“Yeah me too.” I said. “I really just can’t wait to get to Vegas.”
“Why so you can get in more trouble then you are already in?” Howie asked and raised an eyebrow at me. “That sounds like such a good idea.”
“Dude lay off please.” I said.
“Sorry.” Howie said as the girls walked over to us.
“What are you three talking about?” Leigh asked sitting next to Howie.
“Relaxing in Vegas.” AJ said and grinned at Rochelle.
She just laughed and shook her head.
“What?” AJ asked. “You know you’re looking forward to it.”
“Yes, I am, but it would be so much better if Hailey wasn’t here.” Rochelle said.
“How can you say that?” AJ asked. “You don’t even know Hailey. She’s not as bad as you think she is.”
“Flight 396 to Las Vegas is now boarding.” The announcer said.
“About damn time.” I said standing up.
“We still got a three hour flight there Nick.” Howie said standing up.
“Don’t remind me.” I said and sighed.
“You’ll be okay.” AJ said and slapped me on the shoulder. “Oh lookie, here comes the happy couple.”
“Oh joy.” Laruen said and rolled her eyes.
I turned and glared at her, she just rolled her eyes again and crossed her arms over her chest.
Hailey had a huge smile on her face when she stopped by us.
“So are you going to try and keep Hailey under control this time around?” AJ asked Brian.
“This is Hailey we are talking about.” Brian said. “She does what she wants, when she wants.”
“And I am standing right here.” Hailey said. “Plus J, we all know you love it when I cause trouble.”
“Don’t make promises you can’t keep Baby.” AJ said and flung his arm over Hailey’s shoulders.
“I never made a promise that I never kept.” She said and wrapped her arms around AJ. “Remember the last time we were in Vegas. I made your dreams come true.”
“You are such a damn tease.” AJ said.
Hailey just pulled away from him and laughed.
“Let’s get this show in the air.” Hailey said and smiled.
“Don’t even think about it.” Brian said.
“To late for that.” She said looking at Brian.
“Do we even want to know?” Leigh asked.
“No.” Brian said. “No you don not.”
“We really should have rented a privet jet.” Hailey said and sighed. “It would have been so much fun.”
“For you maybe.” Howie said.
“Oh you know you liked the idea.” Hailey said and walked away.
“We’re in trouble aren’t we?” I asked.
“Aren’t we always?” Brian asked looking at me.
“That’s what I was afraid of.” I said and a followed Hailey on to the plane.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
When we pulled up in front of the hotel and stopped the car, Hailey was out of the car before the driver put the car in park. Leigh wasn’t far behind her. And as soon as the rest of us were out of the car Leigh and Hailey linked arms and skipped up to the hotel.
Brian and Howie were right behind them.
“Where are they going?” I asked looking at AJ.
“Nick, I know you’re blonde and all, but can’t you see that they are following Leigh and Hailey?” AJ asked and raised an eyebrow at me.
“Shut up.” I said and pushed him.
“Let’s get inside before someone recognizes you two.” Rochelle said rolling her eyes.
“Right.” I said and grabbed Laruen and mine bags.
AJ did the same for his and Rochelle’s bags.
When we reached Brian and Howie, we were just in time to see Hailey and Leigh walk away with someone else. Someone I never thought I’d see again. Not after what happened last time.
God she looked as good as she did the last time I saw her. She hasn’t changed at all in the last two years. Hell she looks even better then before.
“Oh God.” Howie said as they walked away
“I second that.” Brian said as AJ and I waked over to them.
“Was that who I think it was?” AJ asked.
“Yup.” Howie and Brian both said.
“Well shit.” I said.
“What’s going on?” Lauren asked.
“Terri’s here.” I said as my heart started to beat faster.
“And that is who?” Rochelle asked.
“Hailey’s best friend.” Brian answered.
“That’s a good thing right?” Laruen asked.
We all turned and looked at her.
“No, it’s a really, really bad thing.” AJ said. “We’re in so much trouble.”
“How can two people cause so much trouble?” Rochelle asked.
“Very easily.” Brian said. “They only get together once or twice a year.”
“Why?” Laruen asked.
“You’ll just have to wait and see.” Howie said and shook his head. “Well let’s go check in.”
“Where did Leigh go?” Rochelle asked.
“With the Devil Twins.” Brian said.
“That’s your best friend.” I said.
“I know it’s why I can call her that.” Brian said and laughed. “Plus it’s true.”
“I guess she was right when she said this would be a trip we’d never forget.” Howie said.
“Don’t forget you just let your wife walk away with them.” Brian said and headed for the front desk.
“Fuck.” Howie said and followed Brian.
“This really is going to be a long three days.” AJ said.
“What makes you say that?” Laruen asked.
“Like Brian said they are the Devil Twins.” AJ said. “But so much fun.”
“Hailey is bad enough on her own, I can’t imagine the two of them together.” Rochelle said.
“Oh you have idea.” I said as Brian and Howie walked back over to us.
“Have no idea about what?” Brian asked.
“Hailey and Terri.” I said.
“Yeah. I’m shocked she was able to keep it a secret.” Brian said. “I had no idea Terri would be here.”
“You didn’t know?” I asked shocked. “She can’t keep anything from you.”
“She’s been learning to keep stuff from me.” Brian said and shrugged.
“I’d really like to get out of the lobby.” Howie said and held out our keys. “So here are your keys.”
“Thanks.” I said as I took mine from him.
“No prob.” Howie said.
“I’m gonna head up.” Brian said walked away.
“What’s up with him?” I asked.
“Hailey issues.” Howie said. “So what do you guys wanna do this afternoon?”
“What about golf?” I asked. “We haven’t played in a while.”
“You really want me to kick your ass again?” AJ asked.
“You wish.” I said and smiled at him.
“I’m hungry for a sandwich; I wonder where I can find one.” AJ said and smiled at me.
“Not happening.” I said laughing. “Come on Laruen, I need a shower.”
She didn’t say anything as we walked away from the group.
“What fuck was that about?” She asked once we were in the elevator.
“Just AJ trying to get to me.” I said. “It was nothing.”
“It didn’t seem like nothing.” She said.
“It was nothing.” I said. “Why don’t you believe me?”
“Because you’ve been lying to me the whole time we’ve been dating.” She said as the door opened.
I didn’t say anything as we stepped off the elevator and walked to our room.
Once the door was shut, I dropped the bags and looked at Laruen.
“What the fuck are you talking about?” I asked.
“You’ve been lying to me about seeing other girls.” She said. “I trusted you and you broke that trust.”
“There hasn’t been anyone else but you.” I said. “Where did you get the idea that I was cheating on you?”
“From Leighann.” She said and crossed her arms over her chest.
“You’d believe her over me?” I asked. “I’ve never given you a reason not to trust me.”
“Leighann tells me that you’re still hooking up with Hailey.” She said. “And have been since you were 19.”
“Yes, Hailey and I’ve hooked up many times over the years, but when we started to date, we stopped.” I said and touched her face. “She understood that I was serious about you.”
“I really wish I could believe you, but I can’t.” She said and walked away from me. “Rochelle and I are going to go shopping.”
I didn’t say anything as I watched her walk from the room.
Damnit, Leighann really needed to keep her damn mouth shut.
I sighed and went to the door and locked it. I needed to be alone right now.
I walked over to the bed and sat on the edge of it. But then I was right back up pacing the floor.
I had no idea what to do, I haven’t been happy with way Laruen has been treating me lately, but I really didn’t want to be alone anymore.
I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed yet again.
I yanked my shirt over my head and headed to the bathroom, maybe I’d feel somewhat better after I took a shower.
Or maybe not. Seeing as Terri has and still is hunting my thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Terri’s POV~
I was getting bored standing waiting for Hailey to get here. She sent me a text message about a half hour ago, saying that they were leaving the airport. I wonder what was taking so damn long. I was so ready to get my party on.
I really just couldn’t wait to see the look on Brian’s face when he saw me. It was hard to believe but Hailey was able to keep me being here from him. And I wasn’t sure if I wanted to see Nick again.
“Oh my God!” I yelled as I spotted Hailey walking in with Leigh. “Hailey!”
“Oh my God! Terri!” Hailey said and hugged me. “I so happy you’re here.”
“Is that?” I heard Howie ask.
“Yeah. We’re in trouble now.” Brian said not sounding to thrilled to see me.
“What’s wrong?” Leigh asked confused.
“Hailey and Terri together again.” I said as Hailey dragged me over to them.
“Guys, you remember my friend Terri?” Hailey asked.
“Who could forget her?” Howie asked. “Good to see you again Terri.”
“We’re gonna have so much fun.” Hailey said. “Leigh, you ready to party Vegas Hailey style?”
“I have no idea what I’m getting myself into, but Hell yea.” Leigh said.
“Boys, be nice and take our bags up stairs, we’ve got plans.” Hailey said. “See you for dinner.”
We walked off just as the other were coming in. I tell you my breath caught in my throat as I saw Nick. I quickly turned back to face the girls.
God did he look good, not that he didn’t before. I can’t believe after all this time he still makes my heart miss a beat every time I see him.
I really wish we would have finished what we started two years ago. If it hadn’t been for Hailey, we would have. But maybe that it was for the best that we didn’t. Neither of us wanted to hurt Hailey.
Out of all the guys, Nick held a special spot in her heart. And the same could be said for Nick. No matter how fucked up their relationship is, they really do love each other.
“Dude Terri, are you with us?” Hailey asked snapping her fingers in my face.
“Sorry, I was thinking.” I said.
“About Nicky boy?” Hailey asked.
“How the hell did you know that?” I asked.
“I know all.” Hailey said and smiled.
“That’ s bull shit and you know it. You know something.” I said and crossed my arms over my chest.
“I really don’t know what you are talking about.” Hailey said smiling.
“You can’t lie to me.” I said and shook my head. “I’ve known you for to long. What are you hiding form me?”
“There is a time and place for everything, but this is neither.” Hailey said. “So what do we want to do?”
“What do you usually do when you come to Vegas?” Leigh asked.
“You really don’t want to know the answer to that.” I said.
“Last time I was here with the boys, Nick, AJ and I had a lot of fun.” Hailey said. “We’ll just leave it at that.”
“That would be a very good idea.” I said and shook my head. “So what are we doing?”
“Who wants to get a tattoo??” Hailey asked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~