- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok so this has been in my head for a while. I am giving it a try and well I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.
I have been everywhere in my short lived life. Japan, China, Europe, South America, Mexico, and the list goes on. I guess it goes with my profession, I am singer. I am part of a band… some of you still call us a boy band but at age thirty two I can assure I am past being a boy in appearance at least.

I have to admit though that sometimes I still can act like a boy. But then again I am a man and men are known to mature way later in life. At the rate I am going I assume I won’t reach maturity till I am past forty.

Right at this moment I am debating on staying in my hotel room or going out. See my fiancée Rochelle couldn’t come along on this part of the tour. The reason I say I am debating is because I know myself and I have a feeling today won’t be a good day for me. I tend to get into trouble easily, not because I feel like I will cheat on my soon to be wife no. I love her to much to fuck that up.

I just know today has been an awful weird day. First off I dropped my cigarette pack somewhere from the airport to my hotel. I am in desperate need of nicotine and since it’s the only thing I use now…well I am on edge. I am sure you know what I mean by that because if you know anything about the Backstreet boys it is that, AJ McLean was the fucked up one. I was the rebel one and living up to my rock n’ roll life till… I had enough of that.

But I know myself and for that reason I take my sobriety a day at a time. Trust me there are days where I wish I could go out and find me something to make feel good even if it’s only for short lived while.

I am not here trying to describe that though, I am here because for sure I know one thing I have to go get some cigarettes. I am shaking now and I know I can not go another hour with my nicotine. Yeah I can do that I can walk to a store grab a pack of cigarettes and maybe a coke…

*********

“Do you need a bag?”

“No thanks,” Alex told the young girl at the cash register. He was already opening his coke and his pack of cigarettes was about to be opened as soon as he got outside. “We have to go green you know.” he gave her a smile as he walked out.

He sighed in relief as he lit the cigarette just outside of the store. He smiled when his body guard chuckled at his antics. “You would think you life depended on them the way your smoking away.”

“I think I might just be life depended on them.” Alex said as he exhaled. “I’m almost done then we can head back to the hotel.”

“Hey I am in no hurry.”

Alex smiled at him as he took the cigarette to his mouth again. He closed his eyes as he let his lungs drown in the smoke. When he opened them again he smiled as the street in front of him went on about. The cars passing by people walking not noticing him that was good at this moment.

He turned to his right and smiled as she saw a woman carrying a grocery bag. She looked like she was waiting for a chance to cross. She looked tired yet she was smiling and that put a smile on his face for some odd reason.

“Ready?”

Alex smiled and turned to his bodyguard. “Do you mind if I just smoke another one? It’s been a very long day for me.”

“I guess, so far you haven’t been recognized.”

Alex smiled as he lit the second cigarette for the night. He turned again toward the lady and she was no longer there she was already crossing and then he saw it the car. He saw the lady and he knew something was wrong when she didn’t speed to get out of the way. He dropped his cigarette and ran not caring for anything else.

The last thing he recalled is the lights of the car blinding him. Then the pain the excruciating pain…

******

I felt no pain as I tried to open my eyes. The light was too bright so I on instinct went to my pocket for my sunglasses but there was none. I groaned and rubbed my eyes, “where the fuck am I?” I said out loud my voice sounded like an echo.

“You know you really do have a dirty mouth.”

I froze as I heard the female voice, I didn’t do what I think I did, did I? No I couldn’t have I mean I love Rochelle, great just great. I was thinking like crazy but the chuckle of the female voice made me stop and try to open my eyes.

I was faced with a woman staring down at me she had the most beautiful smile. The smile touched her eyes making her look almost angelic. Her grey eyes stared at me and then she extended her hand to me. “Come on you’ve been laying down long enough.”

“Do I know you?” I asked her as I took her hand. She was pretty strong for a woman.

“No not really.” She told me as she began to walk but she suddenly stopped when she realized I wasn’t following. “Come on Alex we don’t have a lot of time here,” she told me.

I looked around and saw nothing just white and bright. “Where the hell are we going?” I asked her seeing no point in following.

“Ok seriously one more dirty word and I will staple your mouth shut,” she told me suddenly only inches away from my face.

“How did you do that?” I asked her freaked out. I was in some fucked up messed up dream. All this had been a dream I had probably fallen asleep without a smoke and now was hallucinating. Shit.

“What did I say about dirty words? I mean don’t say them out loud or in your head…” she told me.

“Ok Alex wake up now,” I said out loud pinching my arm. I froze when I felt nothing, shi-… I stopped myself from saying that. Lord what have I got myself into.

“Well that’s a start for sure.” She said smiling. “Now follow me.”

So here I was following this beautiful creature because of one thing I was sure was she was not human. “Can you answer me something at least?”

“All your questions will be answered don’t worry.” She told me as she ran a hand through her raven hair.

I swallowed hard as I followed her. But as we walked the brightness suddenly faded and I was able to see color. It was some sort of tunnel but it was sort of red and ancient pictures were hung around. I was in awe as I followed and then she stopped and I swear there suddenly was a door that appeared out of thin air! I could distinctly hear music, classical Beethoven?

She turned to me and smiled as she put one finger to her mouth. “Shh… the master is enjoying his favorite past time… music.” She said just as she opened the door and I blinked as I realized it was pitch black. I saw nothing all I heard was the music….