- Text Size +
~Alex~

I delayed my flight to LA for the sole purpose of having dinner with the guys and Kevin. He was back, or at least that is what it seemed like. I excused myself to the restroom when I saw the text message on my phone.

“Stephania?” I asked as I entered the restroom.

“You need to kill Kevin or he will turn you in!” Stephania said her fangs out and a murderous look on her face.

“Wait, No you we can’t kill my friend. He is human I can smell his blood.” I said putting my body against the door so she wouldn’t be able to leave. “I can’t kill him I owe him too much.”

“Fine then I have no choice,” she said smiling at me and then she launched herself to me. Something in me snapped and I extended my hands and suddenly this surge of light came out throwing her across the narrow hall to the stalls. “What was that?” I asked paranoid and angry at her.

“Your gift,” she said standing up her arm looked broken but it took only seconds for it to be back to normal.

“I won’t allow you to kill my friend. I am your king so you listen to me!” I said determined now more confident with my new found power.

“No need Sam has him already. Now you come with me or I can take care of it on my own.” She told me smiling at me.

“How did you, what about my other friends?” I asked her as I launched myself to her.

“Relax they are fine all they remember is being escorted out due to a fire in the kitchen.” She told me smugly as she pushed me off her and dusted herself. “Now do you want to come or do you prefer for me to take care of him and that woman?”

“NO!” I yelled angry that she had done this to my friend. “How can he know what’s going on?” I asked still unable to understand how Stephania was so sure about Kevin.

“Well that is what I am about to find out.” She told me opening the door to the restroom. I followed and was surprised to see that no one seemed to notice the scuffle that had just occurred in the men’s room. I took a side glance at the table where not too long ago I was sitting with all my band mates. It was empty.

Outside a black SUV waited she hopped in and looked at me. “You coming your highness?” she asked holding the door. I sighed heavily and hopped in I needed answers from Kevin I did.
******

~Kevin~

I groaned as I opened my eyes. I didn’t remember anything well except for the fact that we were escorted out of the restaurant. I tried to move but I couldn’t I was tied up.

“Well look at that your awake,” a woman said and I turned toward the voice and right beside her stood a very silent, he almost looked tormented AJ.

“Why am I here, AJ untie me.” I asked as I pulled at the ropes that held my wrists.

“Why did you come back?” he asked me finally walking toward me and for the first time I saw a very different AJ.

“I want to come back and sing. I miss it.” I said looking away from his stare.

“That’s bullshit!” he yelled and I looked up at him. “Look Kevin there is only so much I can do for you. I want to believe that is why you are here but you see her?” he pointed to the woman that looked very amused at was she was witnessing.

I nodded and stared at her, “she can read your mind, your thoughts and she says you’re here to kill me. Is that true?” I gasped in surprise and I heard his hurt voice as he asked me.

“I have no choice but I am not the one who wants to kill you. You have to believe me Alex when I tell you that I was kidnapped by vampires and they threatened me. They will hurt Kristen and Mason if I don’t do this. My family is dead when they find out that you already know.” I said dreading everything.

“Tristan!” the woman said enraged… “We have to keep you here till we can be sure you are safe.” She said as she dialed a number on her phone.

I turned to see AJ and his face showed remorse, “Can I ask you something?” I said a little nervous but I had to know.

“hmm?” he simply said as he looked at me.

“Are you a Vampire?” I asked him with hopes that it was all just some sick joke.

“Yes,” I had to swallow hard the lump in my throat. “No, it can’t be true you never looked like a vampire I’ve known you all my life.”

“I didn’t know I was a vampire either till a few days ago.” He told me as he untied me and handed me a bottled water.

“It’s settled you will see Kristen and Mason in seventy two hours.” Interrupted the woman as she clicked on whoever she was talking to. “Your friend the one they mad you pass as your new girlfriend… is she close to Tristan?”

“Yes… but she has been really nice to me.” I said just as I saw her being brought in. She was tied up and her mouth was taped up.

I winced as I saw her pull the tape away from her mouth. Cindy screamed and it broke my heart. “So what are you to Tristan?”

“Alex you can’t kill her.” I whispered to him but he looked angry and for the first time I saw his fangs. I shivered as he approached Cindy.

“Now listen carefully Cindy… you are going to deliver this message to Tristan. Tell him I say that no one messes with me or my friends and gets away with it. I am not going to go down easy.” Alex told Cindy as he faced her.

“Kill her,” The other woman said in demand looking at Alex. But I saw his flinch he didn’t have it in him. Somehow I knew the old AJ was still in there somewhere.

“She is as good as dead when she gets to Tristan.” Alex said glaring at her. “Stephania you cannot tell me what to do! I am your king!” he said angered.

“Fine, I like your option anyway. Tristan is known to torture his victims for fun.” She said laughing as she glared at Cindy.

I watched with pain as Cindy begged to stay and be of service to AJ but he didn’t listen he just stared as they took her away. “Stephania,” he said. “Are Kristen and Mason ok?”

“Yes I gotten taken care of they will be here soon.” She said as she eyed me with a smug smile.

“OK well go find me another flight to LA. I need to end it with Rochelle as soon as possible. Leave me alone with Kevin.” He ordered and the Stephania girl obliged. Not before answering my question.

“Yes he is going to tell you everything. He really does care for you.” I smiled inside because I knew then I was safe AJ was going to save my family and me.

“I’m sorry.” I said after she had left. “I didn’t want to do this. But he threaten me with my family AJ.”

“I know, I have nothing to forgive you for. I do have a favor to ask you though.” He told me as he lit a cigarette.

“Can you still smoke?” I asked him as I saw him smoke away.
He smiled at me and shook his head, “It won’t hurt me I am already dead. It’s just a habit I still can’t seem to leave. Kev the other guys don’t know about me and they can’t.”

“Your secret is safe with me, just can you please explain to me how this happened?” I asked him as I finally took a seat.

“Yeah…” he smiled at me and sighed.