- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok I would really love some feedback here... I have more surprises to come ;)
~Kevin~

“Hey can we talk?” I asked AJ, I had just heard from the Stephania girl er vampire chick about Rochelle. She had begged me to calm him down even though I didn’t know how; I mean I didn’t know if the AJ I knew was still in there somewhere.

“I need to get Rochelle back.” He told me as he looked up to me he was crying and I swallowed hard his tears weren’t clear they were red like blood. I took a deep sigh and grabbed the box of Kleenex from the desk as I walked toward him.

I offered him the box and took a seat beside him. “You got Kristen and Mason back for me… so I am positive you will get Rochelle back.” I told him as I pat his should which was much more toned to what remembered.

“I didn’t ask for this… I want to close my eyes and wake up to my normal life.” He told me as he wiped his eyes.

“I’m sorry Aje I wish I could have answer to that one. Only the lord knows why he does what he does. Maybe you will do even better things now that you’re… a vampire.” I struggled to the last word.

He shrugged and sighed, “I always thought vampires, werewolves and leprechauns were myths.” He told me a pained voice clear.

“What if you resign?” I asked him hoping that would be a good idea.

“I can’t for two reasons,” AJ said wryly. “I am the only blood relative and so the crown has been bestowed upon me automatically. Two it would mean the end of man kind… Tristan isn’t after the crown only to rule my kind but to dictate every living creature on earth. I can’t loose you all and I won’t loose Rochelle.”

“I offer my help on whatever you need.” I found myself saying even though I knew I had no chance against a vampire.

“No I already put you through enough… this my battle and I am going to win it.” AJ told me as he gave me a weak smile.

I was about to say something else when I heard the click of Stephania’s heels as she came in. “I have contacted the fella’s and they think your stuck in LA without a flight. They will perform without you for tomorrow night.”

“Are they ok?” I asked her worried for them if they had Rochelle I was sure they would need protection too.

“Yes trust me they are very protected.” Stephania answered me annoyance. She sighed when she saw both my look and AJ’s at her comment. “The tall one Nick, he is a hybrid. He is half angel… I could smell it in him since I first met him. It’s apparent he doesn’t know and if he is ever in need to protect himself trust me he will use his powers without knowledge.”

“Wait what do you mean angel?” I asked I knew Nick and he was no ANGEL trust me I know.

“I didn’t say what kind did I?” she said smiling at me, I had forgotten she could read my mind. “Somewhere along his family line a fallen angel mated with one of his ancestors. Unfortunately not all his family has powers but him, Nick he does.”

“What a minute I thought god had destroyed them all when he brought the rain, only Noah and his family got saved… human anyway.” I said not really wanting to believe what this woman er vampire was saying.

“He did…” she said bluntly, “but that hasn’t stopped them. Believe me when I say that just like you read that part of the bible, you should know that this world is damned.”

“Ok so Nick has powers what kind of powers.” I heard AJ say he had no trouble believing her. Well I guess he had no choice he didn’t want to believe he was a vampire and look where that got him. He was still a vampire… not his choice though.

“What you really want to know is if they can kill us and the answer to that is yes.” Stephania said.

“So he’s a demon then? Since he is a fallen angel?” I asked still baffled at my new knowledge of Nick’s past.

“No… Fallen angels are not bad or good. They were thrown out of heaven for not behaving and for desiring humans. Demons those aim to cause evil… they could careless about what goes around in the world half of everything that happens catastrophically is because of them… they are trying to help bring god down. Most fallen angels just try to form a human life… hence the hybrids.”

“Are we supposed to fear them?” AJ asked even though it looked like he was somewhere else in thought.

“Yes they are the only ones that can kill us without a fight. They radiate light so powerful they can burn us in a few seconds. That’s the only light that can kill us aside from fire.” Stephania said as if it was nothing.

“How do you know this?” I asked Stephania.

“I am a decade old you know and I witness the fight between one of ours and a fallen angel. It was for a mere human too… But right now I have no time to story tell.” Stephania said annoyed.

“I have contacted the mole… and Rochelle is alive her heart is still beating. They plan to come to your coronation and ask for a trade. They are still debating on changing her.” I watched as she told this to AJ.

“When is the coronation?” I asked.

“Soon.” I heard AJ say, “Isn’t my mother suppose to be here soon?” he asked Stephania.

“Yes before you head back to the states for the rest of your American tour.”

“I think I should tell Nick.” Were the final words AJ said before he vanished I swear he ran.

By the face and scream Stephania made it was not a good idea. She left cursing away after him, where was he heading I didn’t know. All I knew was that all I needed to hear now was that Brian was a seraphim and Howie a werewolf. I guess not everything seems to be what it seems. For now my family was safe and I hoped it stayed like that.

To them life was still ordinary and that’s how I meant to keep it.