- Text Size +
“Welcome Alex,” I heard someone say to me. I froze and tried to see through the dark. “Who are you and where am I?” I asked my voice shaking.

“You are where you belong.” The low raspy voice said as I felt chills down my spine. “Just focus Alex you don’t have to feel blind. You can see like a hawk in the night if you wanted too.” He said to me.

I couldn’t see though it was pitch black and I just kept blinking. “No I can’t just tell me what you want from me.”

That’s when suddenly a dim light came on and I sighed with relief when I was able to see a little. The place was very ancient looking like in the medieval times. I looked around and did not see the woman who had escorted me in.

“So how do you feel? The car was going pretty fast…” I heard the voice again and then out of nowhere stood a man he looked no older than thirty. He was tall and had long black hair tied in the back. He looked scary as hell and I did not like this at all.

“Relax your home, you should not be afraid of your own kind.” He said as he stopped the music. “Now shall we start?”

“How did you know about the car?” I asked nervously looking around trying to find an exit.

“Well I was there when it happened. We couldn’t have you die before you inauguration as king.” He told me as he poured wine into two glasses.

He handed me one and I rejected it, “I don’t drink.” I would be lying if I said I didn’t want that drink right at that moment but this was no time for a drink.

He chuckled and handed it to me again, “You do and it’s not wine.” He told me nonchalantly.

I looked down at the glass and realized that even though the liquid was red it was much thicker. I took a sniff and became nauseous, “Aw shit is this, what I think it is?” I asked trying not to drop the glass.

He only nodded and drank from his glass. “Yes the best in Canada.” he told me. “Now drink up its not that best when its starts to coagulate.”

“I am sorry but this is some fucked up shit and I need to go. I promise not to ever say anything to anyone just let me leave.” I said glass sliding off my hands only to have the woman who had brought me here catch it before it shattered on the floor.

“Tsk tsk,” She said as she took a drink from my glass. “I told you he had a dirty mouth.” She told the man.

“Yes indeed he does,” he said eyeing. “Please stop acting like a pussy and listen to me. I am here to train you for you inauguration Alex and you need to be ready before the queen comes.”

“I thought I wasn’t supposed to curse,” I said a little angry and offended by his tone of voice.

“No that was just me fucking with you.” she told me as she finished with drinking the contents of the glass. “I bet you thought you had woken up in heaven.” She began to laugh but she stopped when the man snapped at her.

“Stephania! Enough go now.” she had a name and I smiled as she glared at me. Then just like that she was gone. “Now Alex let me introduce myself.” He told me smiling at me again.

“I just want to go.” I told him.

“You can’t right now. I’m Albert Coone,” he bowed to me and then smiled again.

“Albert I have money if you let me go I will reward you well.” I told him I just wanted a way out of this creepy shit.

“I know your wealthy sir, and I am not talking about the mediocre income you get for singing.” He told me as he motioned for me to sit.

Mediocre? What was he thinking? I thought I lived well… “Ok listen stop throwing me all these things and expect me to understand you. What am I am suppose say? Oh yeah hey Albert long time no see, so how long for me to claim my throne?” I snapped as I took a seat.

“Well I suppose you wouldn’t since your memory well was erased for your protection.” He said as he took a seat beside me.

“For my protection? From what?”

“You my lord are very powerful and come from royalty.” He said calmly as he poured more blood into his glass. “You sure I can’t interest you in to a glass of this?” he asked as he took a sniff of his glass.

“Oh yeah positive,” I hated vegan food and I am pretty sure blood was just right beside it. “Ok I am not royalty I from West Palm Beach Florida and my mother is Denise McLean who I love dearly.”

He chuckled and tapped a finger on the arm of the wooden chair. “No your Alexander Merovech son of King Luke Merovech,” he told me and I scrunched up my nose. This was just getting weirder and weirder.
“Ok no my father is a no good bastard that abandoned me when I needed him the most.” I told him as I dug for my cigarettes.

“Alex stop trying to fight this you are being called upon to rule your kind. It is a great honor… your father has been murdered and the queen cannot run this empire alone when someone is trying to take it away. We cannot allow Tristan to take over it will not only be a disaster to our kind but the world, your human world will cease to exist.” I froze and swallowed hard.

“What am I exactly according to you?”

“Strigoi,” he told me in an accent.

“A what?” I asked again.

He smirked and then he stared at me, “In America you would be known as a Vampire.” He told me and then I stood up. I wanted to run and yet instead I fell and everything became black.