- Text Size +
~Nick~

“Hey Leighanne.” Rochelle said as she knocked on Bri’s suite. “Could you go with me down to the restaurant? I’m starving.”

I smiled as Leighanne agreed. I watched as Rochelle and Leighanne walked away Baylee tagging along.

I walked to the suite and knocked. I smiled as Brian answered. “Hola amigo.” I used my few Spanish words.

“Hola!” Brian said giving me one of his silly smiles. God I’m so glad I can control my angelic emotions now, if not boy would I be in trouble. Gulp.

“So I need to talk to you its pretty important.” I said rubbing my neck he looked at me curiously.

“Ok you got me intrigued, for you to look so worried and seriously. Shoot.” He said plopping on the couch in his suite.

“Ok first of all I have to clarify that you know me very well right? I mean practically all my life so you would know when I am bull shitting you right?” I had to make sure he would not call a psych ward on me.

“I can say I concur,” Brian said now getting a little uncomfortable with my conversation.

I clapped my hands together and sighed, “Brian I don’t know how to tell you this without sounding crazy.” I bit my lip and sighed. “How comfortable are you with the supernatural?” I asked him curiously.

“Well I do believe in Jesus and angels. Oh and of course I know HE exists,” he pointed to the ground. “Why?” he asked me calmly.

I smirked HE (Satan, Devil, or whatever you want to call him) existed I knew that well but I wasn’t here to talk about him. “How about oh I don’t know Vampires, Werewolf’s, Batman, Spiderman, Shape shifters and the list goes on?” I said nonchalantly.

Brian gave me a smirk, “Well in books and movies. God please don’t tell me your into the whole Twilight thing!” he made a face and I chuckled. Boy if he knew how close he was to the vampire world.

“No of course not!” I said giving him a sly smile. “BUT,” I said putting my finger in the air. “I do believe in Vampires.”

Brian chuckled, “OK do you want me to think your crazy? Cause you don’t have to convince me I sort of always thought you were SPECIAL.”

“Ha-ha,” I said annoyingly. “I am special.”

“Ok so I am glad we cleared that out.” He said with mockery.

“That is not what I wanted to tell you.” I said and he sat back down. “It’s more complicated than that.”

“Ok well spill it Nick I’m getting anxious here.” Brian said as he bit his fingernail.

“FINE,” I said and took a deep breath. “Brian the other day I found out a secret so unimaginable at first I thought I was dreaming but I’m not. I found out AJ is a Vampire.”

Brian looked me with an annoyed look and then he stood up. “Ok I would have believed you had said he was using again or that he was even GAY but a vampire??? Really? Come on Nick now I must say you are loosing you touch. That was not funny or believable.”

“I’m not lying see that is why I didn’t just come out and say it.” I said standing up hovering over my shorter yet older friend.

He scratched the now almost bald spot in the middle of his head and sighed. “Ok how do you expect me to believe that AJ is a vampire? Now you are going to tell me Howie is a Werewolf? Or better yet that I am a gnome for real?”

“Well actually Howie is an Angel, you are a shape shifter, and I am a Nephilim.” I said it all at once and gave my best smile.

“I’m a what?” he asked baffled.

“A Shape shifter…” I said in slow motion.

Brian’s eyes widen and then he slapped me! How dare he? “What the hell was that for?” I asked.

“Snap out of it Nick!” he told me shaking me.

Oh hell no, I was mad. I pushed him away and then I cleared my head. I closed my eyes and let my Nephilim form come out… “Now do you believe me?” I asked opening my eyes in time to see my best friend hit the floor like a sack of potatoes.

See. I knew this was going to happen. “Brian?” I said as I changed back to my human form. I smacked his face a few time and then I went for the vase of flowers on one of the many tables in the room. I threw the flowers on the floor and dumped the water on his face.

“I’m drowning,” Brian yelped as he opened his eyes. He was coughing and wiping his face. “I’m fine,” he finally said looking at me.

I hid the vase behind my back. “Oops.” I said smugly.

“You wet me!” he hissed standing his orange shirt soaked. “Get out Nick.”

“I can’t we haven’t finished our chat.” I said calmly.

“Ok I need to wake up from this already. I have to go to church and pray for a long time.” Brian gasped as he pinched his arm.

“It’s not a dream.” I was getting tired of his antics. “Look Brian I need your help, AJ needs your help. So cut the crap and listen to me!” I said frustrated.

“How do want me to take this Nick?” he asked now angrier. “You want me to transform into a dog or a tree?” he asked sarcastically. At least he still remembered what he was.

“No… but I might need you to. AJ is in trouble and Rochelle is not here cause she just randomly wanted to surprise him. She had been kidnapped by AJ’s enemy.” I said just spilling it all out. “Look they have Kevin too with his family. We need to save them but I was told I needed more help.”

“What do you mean they have Kevin? He is California right… I spoke to him like a week in half ago.” Brian said.

“Well trust me he isn’t in LA anymore! If you don’t believe me call him! He won’t answer!”

He took out his cell phone and dialed his cousin’s number… “I was sent straight to voice mail.” He said looking at me.

I looked at him with the I told you so look. “Look I need you and Howie please believe me. I have proof but first I need your sole promise that you won’t freak out when I show it to you.”

“Pro…pprprrproof?” Brian asked in a high pitched voice.

“Yes. I have a vampire with me who is going to help us find AJ, Kevin, and his family.”

“Ok.” Brian took a big gulp of air. “Say I can sort of believe this… how in gods name am I of use to you or AJ?”

“Well I can explain, but it will take a while. So you might want to change shirts, don’t want you getting sick. I assume you need to be in good heath for when you change.”

His eyes widened but he did go rummage through his stuff and a few minutes later he had a different shirt on. “Ok talk to me.” He had his game face on…
Chapter End Notes:
Ok here is the next chapter enjoy...